No flash

Tropical-Ace's profile
Statistics
261 Posts (0.22 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté September 28, 2014, 10:05:29 | #1
Sidekick WONT leave fights. Name : Llama
Server : Nox

My sidekick (Trank) will not leave the fight, regardless of what I do.

He will still join my fight regardless of a full group, and even after a relog, reintsall.

We now have to resort to adding my main character to the fight last.

Hopefully there's a silly fix for this.

-Llama

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #781781  Replies : 1  Views : 80
posté September 24, 2014, 23:51:13 | #2
Guild Nation selection issues Hello!

Right after the Beta I was choosen our guild's nation and for some reason when selecting "Sufokia" it ended up choosing Bonta (Which the two aren't even right next to each other)

I know there is a way to change it back with 40,000 guild points (Which is an insane amount for smaller guilds like my own)

I'm writing this to let the masses be aware that there might be an issue when the screen is re sized and you go to make a selection on something such as the guild nation selection.

Hopefully this can be fixed, and maybe allow guilds to re select their nation in the off chance they were also effected by this.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #780312  Replies : 0  Views : 53
posté September 19, 2014, 06:31:39 | #3

Quote (FeldePard @ 19 September 2014 06:17) *
So are the things purchasable only through Steam ever going to come to the regular-client users? Phoenix pet? Wisdom boost that someone mentioned here? Other things?

I'm going to go look at Steam...

Question though... can you still just log into your account normally through the regular client if you link it to Steam?

Maybe it's a dumb question but I figured I'd ask.
Yes. I switch between the Steam Client and the Regular client all of the time. The Steam client doesn't let you Multi-client right now, so I'll hop back over to the normal one when it comes Dungeon time

Thread : News  Preview message : #777818  Replies : 79  Views : 2963
posté September 10, 2014, 07:35:14 | #4
Feedback thread? Awesome.

Maybe we can get a Guild Nation reset. The icons don't have which nation are listed, and some of us have accidentally choosen the wrong one.

And 40,000 points is FAR to much to reset it, smaller guilds such as the one I'm in would have a better chance just remaking the guild than gathering that many points.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #773527  Replies : 778  Views : 7961
posté July 31, 2014, 21:50:43 | #5
Wakfu on Steam! In case anyone hasn't seen, Wakfu has been recently added to the Steam Library and is set for release in September.

If you advertise Wakfu on Steam's F2P, or post on the DVD "Now Available on Steam!" this could be a huge draw for new players!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #758947  Replies : 1  Views : 350
posté July 04, 2014, 21:46:06 | #6

Quote (Exelenore @ 04 July 2014 15:41) *
I'd imagine it's the same reason they don't restore characters or items. They can do it, but we aren't worth that kind of effort.
This is what I was trying to mention above.

Don't take it personally, there's a good chance they just don't have the ability to do so yet, as Wakfu's servers and programming is still new.

It took Dofus years and years to allow the features that they have now, it's not because it was a random "Oh hey, we can do this for money!" it's because these things do take time to develop, almost like the reconnection system that's slowly making it's way to Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751498  Replies : 11  Views : 759
posté July 04, 2014, 07:43:54 | #7

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 04 July 2014 06:16) *
If you have the ability to take characters from every server and put them all in one place on the beta server

Why is there no option to move characters between servers? You clearly have the ability to do it so why not turn the function into a boutique purchase and make some money off of it?

It's a bit different then a character transfer.

What happens is that every x amount of days (Dofus does it twice a day) the servers are flashed and saved in case of a roll back or any issue where server data is loss. What the Devs do is they take their most recent flash and implement all of the characters over into a large server. It's a bit different then picking up an entire character on one server, deleting all of it's data and traces, and relocating that data to the other server, though. I'm sure the devs have a ability to do so, it's just not ready for it to be used yet.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 04 July 2014 07:16) *

I'm sure dofus suffers from the same problem yet it's still a thing Click here beta server proving that they have the ability to do it and dofus proving that they aren't against it just adds more to the question of "why won't you do it"

Dofus's transfer is a bit of interesting situation First off, it took Ankama almost 8 years to even allow us to swap servers. Second, The reason behind the Transfers was that certain servers were more populated than others would move to smaller servers and kind of balance everything out. What it actually did was create a huge inbalance in all of the servers, and severely ruin the market for the largest server (Rushu) . But plus side, it gave life to the markets on other servers. And to be honest, the Rushu market has never really bounced back to what it used to, which could be a reason as to why they're holding out on server transfers for Wakfu.

Also- I just want to point out one most thing. In Dofus, you can only transfer to a server that is part of your community. So French players can't swap to a English server unless the CM of that community gives the okay to the server team to make it happen (There isn't even an option to do so, all of that has to be handled VIA Ankabox messages with that CM) and from what it sounded like, the CM gives a sort of quiz of the language to make sure there's nothing fishy going on. I wouldn't be at all surprised if/when Wakfu does allow the transfers they do something similar.

If you have any other questions on the matter, or the historical trends on Ankama I can help out a bit!

~Dofus Zenith Member : Llama.

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - July 04, 2014, 07:44:15.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751353  Replies : 11  Views : 759
posté April 27, 2014, 22:20:47 | #8

Quote (Noobility @ 27 April 2014 00:47) *
Dragoon or whatever it's called copy pasted from dofus.
Copy and Paste would be a correct response if the Dragoone in Wakfu didn't look so much cooler...

Also, under that respect, wouldn't the Tofu, Corum, Gobbal, Bow Meow, Milimoowolf, and Quackquack fall under that same issue of copy and paste? Not only those, but the Geimlin and Clawbot look very close to Dofus versions of pets.

The game is technically the Sequel of Dofus. It's not too far fetched to think that these pets can exist in the world 1000 years later. Of course there's going to be copy/paste pets xD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #721685  Replies : 43  Views : 2317
posté April 27, 2014, 22:12:36 | #9

Quote (Nezahuacoyotl @ 27 April 2014 21:40) *

And I thought it was nice. 'PLAY FOR FREE, WITH NO TIME RESTRICTION'.

Well... turns out it isn't free at all. There is no free-to-play mode. And the time restriction to me was about 24h of a trial kind of thing.

I don't really understand this one. I do get the fact that there is a little bit of misconception when it comes to "Free to play" but almost all games have that. I remember the days SWTOR would have a "Free to play" weekend but they would still require a credit card to play, because if you don't cancel the subscription by week's end you're charged $15.

It's just a common practice used in the MMO world. I'm not saying it's right, but it does happen.

Also, The part that I quoted is the issue I have. The statement above is absolutely correct. You are allowed to play for free with no time restriction. You can take your time doing both Incarnum and Astrub Quests. If it takes you 10,000 hours to complete so be it.

The second statement is incorrect. There is a free to play mode. It's the first low level content, around 1-20. And there is no time restriction; period.

The game only costs 6 USD a month. Compared to other games that's a pretty wonderful deal. I'm sorry Wakfu was no enjoyable enough for you to considering subbing. The game is absolutely remarkable.

However, if you're still interesting it Wakfu, there is a "Free 2 Play" server which runs on a freemium style system (Gear is purchasable through their market, rather than having a sub fee they use that to make ends meet) You can find more information about that here

I'll hop off my soap box in a second, but games like Wakfu do need a certain amount of upkeep to keep running. There has to be a revenue to support the entire company and all of the people that work on the game, as annoying as that can be sometimes subscriptions are a must in the MMO world. I was a kid looking for a f2p game once, I understand how annoying it is. But eventually it'll make sense.

And hopefully I can make it through the day without Ankabox messages & Forum replies from the overly upset players who can't enjoy the game spamming me with "GREEDY COMPANY BAD SUPPORT BLAH BLAH BLAH THEY NEED TO FIX EVERYTHING TO MAKE GAME HAPPY RAGGEEEEEEEEE"

-Llama

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #721681  Replies : 18  Views : 996
posté April 27, 2014, 02:05:02 | #10
Buying Grievous Kroomium! I'm looking for about 150 Kroomium. Post here with your offers, or PM me in game :

-Llama

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #721459  Replies : 0  Views : 99
posté April 26, 2014, 20:41:35 | #11

Quote (Asthis @ 26 April 2014 08:22) *
Yep, they've been in the database for awhile now. Those other pets though are Dofus pets...

I'm not sure if you mean those are just pets from the Dofus files. If that's the case, they're not. Those look entirely different (And much better designed, in my opinion)

If you weren't, then my bad!

REGARDLESS. PINK DRAGOONE GIMMIE

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #721367  Replies : 43  Views : 2317
posté April 25, 2014, 10:17:01 | #12

Quote (FeldePard @ 25 April 2014 09:31) *
This needs updated/bumped because this seriously needs fixed. This bug is happening in the spore area as well, on the defeat 5 sporelator enviromental quest. I was not really pleased with not only having missed the quest finish by like 10 seconds or so, but when the quest ended while the battle was still going on, the mob became invisible and unbeatable. I hit it because of where my guildy/group member said it was at ... (it is over between the beacons supposedly) and it did not move... it had 0 HP on her screen ... I could see no mob, no damage being taken, nothing. It never actually died. I had to not only drop the battle, but the other spores were still running around with the green enviro quest ring under them even though a new quest (the crystal stomping) had already begun.. I had to relog to get things back to normal.

Please fix this, it's irritating.

Same exact issue. Cutting down in my Haven World, the fight doesn't end which means I have that stupid -33% debuff on me.

Which would be fine if I could get another cat. 35 minutes into my debuff I've yet to get that cat again. Absolutely ridiculous. Don't add a debuff to an anti-botting system that can still easily run real player's nights.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #720689  Replies : 3  Views : 290
posté April 24, 2014, 21:44:40 | #13

Quote (Neneko88 @ 24 April 2014 19:59) *
I just hope they can give us the 15 god dimensions and not just 4 every year.

Just as a quick statement. In the lore there 12 gods, not 15. Hence the name "The world of twelve"

The Foggernauts follow the loose teachings of the Osa god (Story located here), The Rogues follow the Sram god (As seen here), and Masqs lore state they felt that the gods had limited power, so they looked elsewhere, which is when they found the masks (meaning they're godless)

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - April 24, 2014, 21:50:35.
Reason for edit : Added links for the lore.
Thread : News  Preview message : #720519  Replies : 49  Views : 2816
posté April 24, 2014, 03:57:45 | #14

Quote (Asthis @ 23 April 2014 15:21) *
You could have an 8 core processor, 32 GB of RAM, and a titan GPU and the game would still make it lag.

Can confirm (kind of) My buddies gaming rig [ Quadcore i7 with Geforce GTX 465] did not play Wakfu well. It shuddered every 10 seconds, and ate up memory like a pain in the rear.

Even my low end rig has issues on Wakfu :l

What bugs me the most is the fact that this all started with that stupid Java update last year. Suddenly I went from being able to run 6 accounts on my own, to barely being able to run 2.

It's kind of laughable that computers that can play games like Cyrsis in Ultra High settings struggle to play Wakfu.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #720207  Replies : 27  Views : 1416
posté April 21, 2014, 23:33:08 | #15

Quote (dlexus009 @ 21 April 2014 23:13) *

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 21 April 2014 23:12) *
Haven worlds would collapse, just saying.

-Rizarealm
Name, Gilde Name ofcourse, well people are alive, gilde too, they can be moved, unless they dont care about Player-Number
It's the same thing they've stated on Dofus in terms of Houses (Which are their version of Haven Worlds)

A merger would never happen because a player would almost indefinitely lose out on money.

No matter how you answer the obvious questions, a merger just wouldn't work correctly. Unless Ankama develops a system to have multiple Haven Worlds in the same floating block (Which would be pretty silly) there can't be a merger. Somebody is always going to lose out on money, or the location or their Haven World. Plain and simple.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #719171  Replies : 24  Views : 955
posté April 12, 2014, 17:46:41 | #16

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 12 April 2014 15:09) *
Does that mean there wont be any bigger update in 2 months? Like, no new content, no revamps ect?
It kind of looks like they're going to take the Dofus approach.

Update every month - First update content, then next month basic UI/Monster/mechanic changes.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #715039  Replies : 85  Views : 7607
posté March 29, 2014, 06:22:59 | #17
Buying Miss Ugly Set! Looking to purchase a Miss Ugly Set!

Post here or private message "Llama" in game if you're looking to sell one!  

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #708079  Replies : 0  Views : 94
posté March 25, 2014, 03:46:46 | #18
Maintenance tonight? Just wondering, Sabi mentioned that there was no maintenance tonight, yet there's a warning for a server shutdown in four hours on Nox.

Is there any reason for the change? =(

-Llama

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #705565  Replies : 14  Views : 560
posté March 20, 2014, 18:59:00 | #19
While I'm really happy for Nox's lack of a rollback I'm still in the boat of people that think there is likely a duping situation going on there. The sudden flux of Relics at the Almanx and the sudden price drop on certain items is a decent sign of something fishy going on.

My question is, while I understand the ToS and Ankama policy is to not disclose those who were sanctioned and what they were sanctioned for, is the community going to at least find out if a certain amount of people were banned and on which server?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #697947  Replies : 74  Views : 1941