Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

cody5's profile
Statistics
334 Posts (0.17 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 28, 2015, 11:53:58 | #1
The glitch cam I had my fair share of funny glitches happen to me in this game, so I thought I'd share them with you, if you had any such experience, feel free to pust it here.
This is in no way making fun of the developers, I love when it happens to me.

Just my own little list of ridiculous thing that happened to me in Wakfu:

When Hydrant was bugged, it was indestructible, allowing you to kill any mob easily. Picture taken with a potato.

...and my axe!

I know the updates are big, but this is ridiculous!

Apparently fighting some hoodlooms impressed The Explorancient?

I know the ecosystem was unbalanced, but aparently someone owes Melmac some piwis.

The invasion of the Eliotropes!

I'm so bad at Wakfu, I even fail to be enthusiastic at it.

The doors were in the workshop getting a new coat of paint today.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #892224  Replies : 1  Views : 209
posté July 28, 2015, 11:41:47 | #2
Just my own little list of ridiculous thing that happened to me in Wakfu since beta:

When Hydrant was bugged, it was indestructible, allowing you to kill any mob easily. Picture taken with a potato.

...and my axe!

I know the updates are big, but this is ridiculous!

Apparently fighting some hoodlooms impressed her?

I know the ecosystem was unbalanced, but aparently someone owes Melmac some piwis.

The invasion of the Eliotropes!

I'm so bad at Wakfu, I even fail to be enthusiastic at it.

Apparently the doors were getting a new coat of paint today.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #892222  Replies : 177  Views : 12712
posté July 24, 2015, 16:48:41 | #3
The Factions (and sources)? What happened to the factions?

Click here

I mean the Aphropetics (or Those who Walk as they used to be called, aparently they changed their name?), The cult of Ogrest and The sisters of dathura at least have their own areas (and only the Cult of Ogrest appears to have any members, which you encounter in the introductory questline), but there were also The disciples of Otomai and The Last sentinels, what happened to them?

Also there is a Wakfu and Stasis source in each nation, that when activated make you glow for a short while, shouldn't there be more to it than that? Heck they are the sources of the same energy that the whole game is named after, but they don't actually do anything???
I mean there are also some forges for special weapons, but I've never seen anyone actually use them, it's practically deserted.

This post has been edited by cody5 - July 24, 2015, 16:52:36.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #890906  Replies : 5  Views : 256
posté July 24, 2015, 16:42:24 | #4

Quote (ReiYano @ 24 July 2015 13:21) *
In order for a social hub in wakfu to make any sense there needs to be a few very easily accessible things.

First off a teleport item to take us straight to the area (much like we have a teleport item to take us straight to almanax it would be nice if we had something similar). Perhaps the area that we teleport to could be a single instanced area so that only you would arrive there and no one else (so visual lagging would not be a problem).

Inside this instance there should be a very close by zaap and phoenix. These 2 things are crucial. I would say 90% of the time that people use the almanax teleport item it is basically just to get to a zaap as fast as possible. and if you die it would be nice to resurrect right next to a zaap.

When you leave this building then you should arrive at the main area of Ecaflipus. In the outside area we should expect places to place our haven bags for potential customers. Perhaps give us rows where we can place our bags kind of like they have over at 5th Bond Avenue in Bonta. 5th bond was our old social hub years ago (on the Nox server) and we had the ability to turn our haven bags into stalls which looks really cool. I would like to see that again.

In this social area there should be a market board that connects to the nation market. This would be very nice for us to not have to constantly go to outposts to see what is for sale or whatever. Another nice addition would be a smithmagic station for crushing our gears into powders.

There could be a lot of interesting things you could add to make our experience more streamlined. For instance I think this teleport item should show up immediately with a newly created character. and if someone accidentally deletes this teleport it would be nice if you made a machine inside the instanced area that could disperse a new one if need be.

Other random things you could place into the instanced area for our convenience:

1. Guild Bank access
2. Various guild machines like stats, and the desk where you buy guild items, etc.
3. PVP oriented machines? (I dont pvp but do those exist? like how do you get pvp gears? from machines right?)

Thank you for listening to us Flatops
This, also:
A board that shows all PvP-enabled players in an area and can point/match you to a fair opponent.
Access to the Wakfu and Stasis source (no real reason why, but they have been overlooked for so long...)
Also the Hub-port device (the HD for short) or whatever it will be called should be gained as a part of the introductory quest, for example as an escape metod when captured somewhere by the Ogrest cult guys.

Also what happened to the factions? I mean thhe Aphropetics (or Those who Walk as they used to be called), The cult of Ogrest and The sisters of dathura at least have their own areas, but there were also The disciples of Otomai and The Last sentinels, what happened to them?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #890902  Replies : 88  Views : 2461
posté July 17, 2015, 16:14:19 | #5
I found the masqarader classtanet spell says it doesn't require a line of sight, but I cannot use it if the line of sight is blocked.
Also a lot of maps in Astrub have parts that are literally inaccesible from the other part, if a mob starts on the other side and you don't have ranged spells you cannot win. Literally had to surender to a bow meow.

This post has been edited by cody5 - July 17, 2015, 16:17:00.
Thread : 1.43 Bug Reports  Preview message : #887877  Replies : 38  Views : 1630
posté July 17, 2015, 16:07:47 | #6
Yeah that's true, but air masqarader is suposed to be a support that pulls an enemy out of the group so the alies can focus it, but as he curently is he only has 2 spells that push an enemy (one of them costs MP and one WP) and the (buggy) clastanet that pulls for 1 cell.

I guess that you can still pull enemies with the link, but it's a bit weird for a branch that used to be focused on colision damage...

Thread : 1.43 Bug Reports  Preview message : #887874  Replies : 3  Views : 131
posté July 17, 2015, 13:14:46 | #7
masqueraider classtanet bug I found the masqarader classtanet spell says it doesn't require a line of sight, but I cannot use it if the line of sight is blocked.

Also I wonder why the range is only 2-3? First whipkick and classerole have their push removed and now this, I mean i can understand you removing the lower range, but you could at least increase the top range by 1 because of it.
I mean Psynapse is a fire spell and has good damage and a 1-6 range and it's a fire spell, even the book says that the air branch is about mobility.

Thread : 1.43 Bug Reports  Preview message : #887836  Replies : 3  Views : 131
posté July 07, 2015, 22:10:47 | #8
Actually xelors now have a spell called Against the clock that frezes a character in time, so no matter where they go, they are warped back there at the end of their turn. It's not exactly the same, but it's related.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #883468  Replies : 20  Views : 1681
posté December 10, 2014, 15:04:18 | #9
I was confused by the revamp at first, since before you had to stack merry with water spells an then fire spells would have extra effects, but now merry only stacks up to 15 and than you have to use it with one of 3 spells, which is very confusing for me (I vish there was more wasy to use merry).
Also very strange that the only spell wich used to consume merry now gives it.I'll probably just have to get used to the idea that dizzy is not very usefull and that water is now mostly just for healing.
I guess I'll just have to get used to it and throw people around.

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #806993  Replies : 100  Views : 15350
posté December 10, 2014, 13:49:03 | #10
I personally like making the more unusuall builds so I created a mechanisms xelor.
I'm currently lvl52 and running Sinistros (because even mobs know how to dodge a Hydrant and the damage frankly sucks), with 10 AP you can summon 3 sinistros per turn.
I also use sandglass and time controll as support spells, Line of fire (because in some troll logic way a line of fire doesn't have a line of sight, so you can shoot trough sinistros), Clock as AoE damage spell and Tempus fugit as CC escape/movement.
I have maxed Master of time for controll and Devotion for extra 2AP per turn.
I currently have 6 controll, which is enough in most situations.

Does anyone have any tips?

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #806957  Replies : 35  Views : 6205
posté December 10, 2014, 13:40:57 | #11
Oh my god I didn't even know they changed it!
I'm so happy they changed it back because it's the best animation ever.
I mean it makes sence that spells that can only be used once per fight should have longer and more flashy animations and spammable spells should have short simple animations.
On the other hand I quite like the new Clock, simply because it looks more powerfull.

But still sad they nerfed Milking it animation on Pandaway, it doesn't even have the same sound.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #806951  Replies : 21  Views : 2443
posté December 10, 2014, 13:37:52 | #12
Eliotrope strange passives? The new specials and passives seem...unfinished to me.
Because in every other class, they are usually balanced so, that you get a small bonus every level.
In some levels you get a lower cost, in some you get a higher range and in others in increases damage or some other mechanic of the spell.
But most of the eliotrope spells just flat out make no diference in earlier levels.
For example the Portal spell has absolutely no difference between lvl 1 and 5 and only grants one extra range in lvl 6 and costs one AP less on lvl 9. Though I've seen some people have 4 portals open at the same time, so the effects might be there and only have an missing explanation.
And the Time breach and Incandescence only have different effects every few turns.
Are these specials and passives just temporary?
Because I'd prefer a bit smoother progresion (like every other class in the game except pandawa (which has the same problem, was the release rushed?)).

Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #806950  Replies : 5  Views : 1005
posté December 10, 2014, 13:31:41 | #13
The last air spell in Exalted form requires your enemy to stand inside one of your portals.
When you use it it will colapse the portal on the enemy dealing bonus damage.

How do you know how manny portals you can summon?
Spell level?
Controll?
Portal charges?

This post has been edited by cody5 - December 10, 2014, 13:32:57.
Thread : Eliotropes  Preview message : #806948  Replies : 9  Views : 2587
posté December 10, 2014, 13:29:48 | #14
Haha I love this thread, I also give puny names to all my characters
Pandawa: Fizzical(water/fire)
Xelor: Frostbyte(water/mechanisms)
Eniripsa: Pathos(air)
Sadida: Necrodancer(air/dolls)
Eliotrope: Aethereal (air/water)

I also had a Masqarader(air) called Transcendance, but I ran out of slots.

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #806945  Replies : 121  Views : 17976
posté October 15, 2014, 10:53:18 | #15

Quote (GreenTae @ 03 October 2014 18:01) *
air/fire xelors are pretty fun! so much you can do with them, give ap to teammates, go water and take ap from enemies, or store ap for massive damage next turn! you can also raise teammates, debuff enemies, teleport teammates or enemies, or summon stabilized time minions!

so much ap so much to do so little time
Firstly you probably mean water/air not fire, not shure how you can debuff enemies, and sinistros aren't stabilised, they just have no MP FYI. Water xelors could really use some love.

Thread : General  Preview message : #787589  Replies : 4  Views : 1673
posté October 15, 2014, 10:28:25 | #16
I agree on that Iop tab, I have played since beta an it took me 10 minutes of opening and closing the menus to notice it (while actively searching for it).
I also agree there could be a better tutorial, especially for diferent class mechanics, I still find a lot of people that don't know how xelor's glyphs work or know how controll affects osa or how tics and tocks work (they work bad if you ask me) or how to catsc monsters with an osa or how invisibility works or what mumifcation does (-33% HP? whose HP? currentHP?) or how faking it works, etc...

There should be a short class tutorial to explain the mechanics to new players, right after incarnam.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787580  Replies : 7  Views : 651
posté October 15, 2014, 10:04:00 | #17
I wish they changed the fire spells to something else than Ini loss, water is ok with AP manipulation (even if it was seriously nerfed).
I mean it fits lore-wise, but other than that it would be much better if replaced by some other mechanic.
It could spawn firewalls (distorting time so it's painfull to move trough), cause an AP poison (or even MP poison), have a chance to make spells cost MP (because it's hard to move), or preaty much anything that fits the theme.

I also think since xelors are all about time manipulation, they could have a "time" stat like sacriers have angrr, it could either increase the chance of AP removal and being consumed when AP is removed (allowing burst AP steals while still being balanced), or increasing with AP removal and decreasing with granting AP (giving you diferent buffs depending on how you play, possibly debuffs if you just give AP - having negative time?), etc.

It would also be nice if there was some more interaction with the dial than just "stand on it, get a buff". I mean mobility is great, but I just wish there was some other mechanic like spinning it around (to move people on the hourcells clockwise) or using xelor's punishment on a dial (to have a 3 cell AoE) or fusing with the dial (modified range vs no mobility?) or something, I mean it say it's the "centerpice of the xelors arsenal" (puns aside), I just feel there could be something more.

Also please give xelors some summon synergy, if nothing else just slap some CMC on a passive.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #787575  Replies : 3  Views : 1095
posté September 26, 2014, 22:03:18 | #18
Making Meridia Matter (MMM) When the meridias first appered there was always a complicated quest to be made to get an almoken, which bugged me since most of them required you to be a member.

This has since been fixed by a member rank being erased from existance, but I still find 2 things that bug me:

1) The meridia quests were all changed to "visit the temple, get an almoken, xp and a buff", to me this seems to easy. I mean most people I know log in every day just to get an almoken and free xp, because it doesn't tke anything else than to log in on every character they own, to me this seems to easy. I wish there was some sort of a chalange to it, if you were gonna play wakfu that day, you have time to do a quest for an almoken, but if you just login every day and not play at all, that seems just silly to me.
I'd love to have a quest to do every day, if nothing else just for the sake of variety.

2) Just like goggles, they do nothing! I have seen the alamanax and every single day it says:
-Dofus: Today the meridia effect will cause something amazing that is logically related to it!
-Wakfu: Today the meridia effect will do buger all, go get your almoken in the temple, cary on, nothing to see here...
Why? I mean I get that you are working on other fun and nice things in Wakfu, but this makes me feel like you didn't even try.

Today's example:
The Meridian Effect
It's going to be a long, difficult day. Today, you might feel hard done-by, but tough cheese! Why not raise your spirits by going to mine some stones underground?

DOFUS
bonuses and quests
Bonus: Plenty of ore
The quantity of Dolomite and Obsidian harvested by miners is increased by 175%.Quest: Offering for Nufrank

Find 3 Obsidian and take the offering to Antyklime Ax

WAKFU
quest
Nufrank
aka. "Go get your token in the temple."

This post has been edited by cody5 - September 26, 2014, 22:07:41.
Reason for edit : Example
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #781276  Replies : 1  Views : 238
posté September 26, 2014, 21:49:25 | #19
That sounds nice, currently all the give is the ability to wear certain eqipment, the access to the source islands (which gives you an aura that does bugger all) and a colored light when you respawn (it looks awesome!).

Considering this is something the game is named after, I wish that there were some more mechanics about it.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #781271  Replies : 3  Views : 336
posté September 26, 2014, 21:37:25 | #20

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 25 June 2014 11:37) *
Healing wand Feca could make use of it all.

And possibly even more so after they add in those new Shushu weapons.

And I'd love to see a Hydrand/Sinestro Xelor. I wish someone had an awesome build for that, because spamming little machine summons sounds hella fun.
Funny I should stumble upon this, because my main is a sinistro-xelor.
I used to be a sinistro and hydrant xelor, but found out hydrants are just terrible.
I wish they would improve xelor summon synergy, because curently they just pretend they don't exist. that's why I put a rant on xelor synergy under suggestions (i hope someone actually reads that).

I have found out something interesting about hydrants:
-they cost no WP so you can summon them as much as you want
-they're relatively cheap (4ap, but could be worse)
-they have 3hp, this sounds terible but it works like charges means they can take 2-3 hits no matter the damage)
-they loose 1 hp every turn (even on the dial for some reason)

Because of this qualities I discovered they are incredibly spammable little turrets.
-they are almost imune to damage, their only weakness is cheap spamable spells
-they are good tanks as they don't move, so you can make walls easily
-they attack anyone in a 3 radius and have a chance to reduce their AP

I have made a build (curently lvl. 46) with:
-6 controll (gonna get 2 more on 50)
-10AP (plus 2 from devotion means I can cast 3 sinistros per turn)
-3MP (but I usually only move 1 because devotion)

This means I can place 3 sinistros per turn that can last up to 3 turns each.
They also only take damage on the begining of your turn so they can take one extra hit if they would die anyway aqnd give you an open timeframe to rreplace te ones that just broke.
Yo can use them to constuct a literal maze/obstacle course for your enemies to run around, so they have trouble getting to you, or wall yourself off so they have trouble getting to you. Also all of the walls are shooting them every turn.

I have faced 3 types of people with this build

1) People who try to attack me directly
It sometimes works, but with tempus fugitt that hits them and teleports and folowed with some more sinistros they usually have trouble getting to me.
If they do manage to memee me, I just suround them with 6 sinistros that do 300 damage per turn (and then I hide behind them)
Sometimes they succeed, but it's usually because their lvl is 5 or 10 above me.

2) people who figure out that sinistros are my only source of damage
While they have a good idea that they should attack the sinistros to prevent me from damaging them, I have noticed thet without 1AP attacks (or even with) it's just hard to destroy 3 sinistros per turn. Even if they succeed they take a while to notice that they aren't actually damaging me, but the sinistros shure do.
They usually loose except if they have attacks with huge AoEs

3) people 15 levels higher than me
Yeah so maybe attacking someone that can kill you in 2 turns wasn't the best idea ever...
Or maybe it was my fault for running around amakna with PvP enabled.

PS: Dance my puppets, dance! Muahahaha! *cough* I mean it's kinda fun.

This post has been edited by cody5 - September 26, 2014, 21:39:54.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #781265  Replies : 9  Views : 844