Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

cody5's profile
Statistics
493 Posts (0.22 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 14:31:35 | #1
Just delete the steam/steamapps/wakfu

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #970104  Replies : 2  Views : 74
posté Yesterday - 14:28:28 | #2

Quote (Granthese @ 28 June 2016 02:11) *
its magic, the spotlight could look like a floating orb of light in the air. And yea, it could follow the player or monster that did something remarkable like a crit or a kill. While the stellar would have control over it until it's called to the attention-seeker again.
Not sure how an orb would look in game, though considering the name it could be a beam of light from a star.
Ingame it could jut be a spotlight on the character, with some sparkles around him. And wile it would follow the most impressive player, Stellars know the flow of a story well enough to pull the spotlight back to themselves at will (probabbly the first special skill, or a passive that pulls it to him when he start his turn).
Also if there was more than one Stellar in a fight, there could only be one spotlight per fight.

Thread : Fan Class  Preview message : #970103  Replies : 9  Views : 203
posté June 26, 2016, 12:31:43 | #3

Quote (Granthese @ 26 June 2016 07:25) *
Yea, the Star motif can be mixed up with something more astrological, and yea, usualy air is more for movement, but that doesn't mean we can't inovate Besides, movement in stage is more earth-like due to the whole space underneath a stage to manipulate trapdoors and scenarios.

Also, suggestion for mechanic: Spotlight: creates a circle of light centered on one or two squares, any enemy or allie standing on it becomes the "protagonist", and becomes susceptible to special effects of the skills. You can move the spotlight to different locations and increase the range of some skills to happen remotely at the spotlight focus, but you can only have one spotlight. Allies standing over it are susceptible to teleportations, buffs and becoming the center of AoE blasts (unharmed by them). Enemies standing over it also become the focus of AoEs (harmed by it), susceptible to teleportations as well and debuffs.
Ooh, a spotlight seems perfect (if we ignore where it's comming from) also an enemy in the spotlight would be the antagonist.
Maybe the spotlight could move on it's own, folowing the last player who made a critical hit or killed an enemy, but (Con)Stellar could pull it back to himself with a skill?
The spotlight would probably give your spells aditional effects (also same effects when targeting an antagonist), give them slight resistance and pull monster aggro?

This post has been edited by cody5 - June 29, 2016, 02:12:46.
Thread : Fan Class  Preview message : #969848  Replies : 9  Views : 203
posté June 26, 2016, 12:25:12 | #4

Quote (arcanvs99 @ 24 June 2016 16:40) *

Quote (Chloe-la-guerisseuse @ 24 June 2016 09:51) *
Hello guys, you should chill a bit. It's simply a little contest open to everyone to have fun. It has nothing to do with Bonta, but with the Wakfu community.

Have fun,
Ainla
From what I get through your events the wakfu community is 20 players
Nah, it's just that 90% of the people don't bother using the forum.

Thread : Events  Preview message : #969847  Replies : 15  Views : 348
posté June 26, 2016, 12:13:50 | #5
Or just make it so a guard with PvP disabled can still attack outlaws in thir own nation, sending them to jail.
I mean wouldn't that help?

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #969846  Replies : 1  Views : 76
posté June 24, 2016, 18:07:58 | #6
Will there be any quests with choices (apart from "be a guard or riktus" and "choose a nation")?

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #969588  Replies : 26  Views : 543
posté June 24, 2016, 09:46:48 | #7

Quote (xmetx-zero-x @ 24 June 2016 04:21) *
Not sure wtf this has to do with bonta.

Or any nation, for that matter.
It's a contest hosted by the governor of Bonta, what don't you get?

Thread : Events  Preview message : #969541  Replies : 15  Views : 348
posté June 24, 2016, 09:42:20 | #8

Quote (Flatops @ 24 June 2016 04:39) *

Quote (cody5 @ 23 June 2016 21:42) *

Quote (Misiacek @ 23 June 2016 16:08) *
Good for you guys. Now revamp how nations work.
Nation revamp will be the next major revamp, somewhen next year afaik.

Hey cody #5,

There is no official announcement about nation revamps.
Ok sorry, I misremembered that. But while there's no official time of revamp, I did see this.

Let's get confidential! What are your top 3 islands which could also use a little makeover?In 3rd place: Whispering Island The area has aged quite badly, and is out of sync with what we're doing these days. A little facelift would do it a great deal of good! Moreover, I've seen some very interesting proposals from several members of the community (you know who you are!), who talked specifically about redoing this island around… a Crackler!In 2nd place: the Sadida Kingdom. This is a request that I often hear from the community, and I share their view. For example, I would like to incorporate many details from the animated series into the game, to further promote WAKFU's transmedia format. Have you seen the WAKFU series? You must surely recognize this tree! And in 1st place, it's not only an island, but something altogether more vast: the Nations! Amakna, Bonta, Brakmar, Sufokia, and Riktus… Why, I hear you ask? Simply because they are the oldest game areas. In the same way as Monk Island, they too are not consistent enough with what we're doing these days. But the team and I still have lots of other wishes and ideas!What do you think of the visually revamped Monk Island? Share your thoughts with us! Oh... and see you at the next interview!
So I assume the next after area that will be revamped will be the nations. It'll come around eventually.

Thread : News  Preview message : #969539  Replies : 54  Views : 1041
posté June 24, 2016, 09:36:54 | #9

Quote (arcanvs99 @ 23 June 2016 23:53) *

Quote (cody5 @ 23 June 2016 21:56) *
They have to get rid of the kama selling chat spammers first.
I mean imagine if they would start using these.
*shudders*
At least they would be giving money to Ankama, and they're desperate for it.
Unless they decide to completly revamp the money system in this game, it would do more harm than good. If people wold get their chat spammed constantly they would probably quit, some of them.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #969537  Replies : 3  Views : 104
posté June 24, 2016, 09:33:09 | #10

Quote (Granthese @ 24 June 2016 00:21) *
Maybe instead of Water, Earth as "stage tricks", like placement, traps and coreography and be the MP skilltree instead of air. For instance, use the placement of enemies and allies to alter your skills, such as using an allie/enemy as focal point for an AoE skill.

And..dunno, the name doesn't sound that good for this idea. Maybe something more theatrical or related to theater and acting, like Scenact Stage? (Scene + Act)
yeah, that would work, but historically air is usually above movement and placement, but sure.

The name does cound a bit off, it's suposed to sound like constelation (because he's a star of the show), but it's a Con because he Steals your spotlight. Yeah ok, it's not the greatest name, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe just "stellar's spotlight" for some aliteration?
Still better then "huppermage" if you ask me.

Thread : Fan Class  Preview message : #969534  Replies : 9  Views : 203
posté June 23, 2016, 23:29:09 | #11
This is my friend Temmie.

It is a strange fluffy thing I found wandering Chillberg on one of my adventures.
In all my days of adventuring I have never seen such a creature, so I assume he was created as an experiment and abandoned by Harebourg or one of his associates.
Even though I was nearly freezing, being barely kept warm by my brrbli coat, but this little fluffybun didn't seem to mind the cold at all, which makes sense since he grew up on this icy island. He followed me around, keeping company and chasing brrblis around.
When i got onto the ship he followed me on board and sailed with me back to Bonta, so I decided I will keep him as a pet.

He made a strange nest inside of my poted gum tree, I suspect he nibbles on it when I'm not looking.
At first I wasn't sure what to feed him, since I have no ideas what abominations of science usually eat, but when I was relaxing in my havenbag after a busy day at the market, brewing a warm cup of kenko, he jumped into my lap and drunk the whole bowl, he was probably famished. Since kenkos are a bit expensive as dog food, I gave him some of the ingredients to try and he seems to like ghostoplasm too (what is that stuff anyway? it gives me the creeps).

When I tinker with my sinistros, he likes to chase them around (well they don't really move, but I think he thinks he's just really good at herding them). A few weeks ago he even jumped on one and rode it, he probably got used to playing with the robots back at the lab, and it's great exercise. Lately he even helps me order sinistros around in battle, allowing me to have even more of them in battle at the same time, though he still needs to work on his aim.

This is a picture of us chilling around on a hot summer day in the abandoned Inglase's cellar, Temmie really likes to play with the golden flowers that grow here.

Thread : Events  Preview message : #969476  Replies : 15  Views : 348
posté June 23, 2016, 21:56:19 | #12
They have to get rid of the kama selling chat spammers first.
I mean imagine if they would start using these.
*shudders*

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #969464  Replies : 3  Views : 104
posté June 23, 2016, 21:50:21 | #13
Well they haven't really explained the details, but the adjustable level system will be a mechanic, that will alow you to lower your level temporarily, to allow you to go to lower level dungeons with some chalenge (for exampla with lower level friends), as a reward the XP and kamas you get will be scaled to a bit below your actuall level,
Don't know about the mentorship system though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #969463  Replies : 2  Views : 169
posté June 23, 2016, 21:42:15 | #14

Quote (Misiacek @ 23 June 2016 16:08) *
Good for you guys. Now revamp how nations work.
Nation revamp will be the next major revamp, somewhen next year afaik.

Quote (Misiacek @ 23 June 2016 18:40) *
Imho incarnam should be demolished. There is enough learning space in asturb.
Craft revamp, more content, nations revamp (for f saske....), more content, HIRE MORE PEOPLE SO YOU CAN UPDATE MORE OFTEN... sorry for shouting, and then you can get more money cause old player will come back and they will attract new players. Sorry for bad english, suck a bag of bad updates.
Astrub is meant s a playground for new players and players lvl 5-20, incarnam is about learning how you actually play the game and how mechanics work.

Quote (NaaMeow @ 23 June 2016 18:57) *
Qouting from @Andersen

....How many ppl do u know, who did leave game cause Incarnam or Astrub wasn't good enough? If the game was still "free" only in Incarnam and Astrub i would understand why turn it brighter,....
still wondering the purpose/future plan related of incarnam revamp, since most people will skip incarnam (i wish its not possible to be skipped)

the other update is okay i guess
still waiting crafting revamp to make me fully engaged into wakfu again
The new incarnam will focus on 2 things:
1. Gameplay mechanics and special interactions (stats, backstab, AP, MP, dodge, etc.)
2. What are Wakfu and Stasis and how do they work.

Thread : News  Preview message : #969458  Replies : 54  Views : 1041
posté June 23, 2016, 21:28:39 | #15

Quote (Fleisch @ 23 June 2016 17:51) *
Points for effort but other than that i cannot say that i rly like this idea, sorry .-. .
Actor Fighters are a thing, called wrestlers and luchadores irl, and an existing activity in the world of twelve (gladiatrool fighting, there was an episode in season 2 about that).
I also cannot see the connection to god iop apart from the actor fighting part when you describe them as magicians.
The water and part of the air tree is simply too much the opposite of what a iop is.
I would argue to change the god, but i see no other gods that would fit in either.

To sum it up, the idea of acting/entertainment is neat but is it really worth of a whole new class? It sounds more like a job, like gobbowler and such. Sorry for the harsh words.
No, I agree.
The water tree is kinda ill-fitted for an iop, as it is quite indirect, while iops ant to be seen as the legendary white knight in shining armour on a white horse with an equally legendary sword.
The air three is a bit weird, but it could be some movie-style acrobatics or summoning props to affect the environment.

Also they aren't really supposed to be a magician, just sleight of hand and such parlour tricks, to make a better entrance and look more awesome/heroic. Their role would be actors, fighting the role of a legendary hero in real life and using the classic heroic tropes (comback at the last moment, power of friendship) to their advantage and make oponent feel like a villain of the story (loses AP for monologuing when the constellar is low on HP).
I was going for a class where enemies who see it would become impressed just by there apperance, to the point that they would feel outmached (decreased damage), or too distracted by the roleplay and forget about your allies (take aditional damage from your allies and such).
So if you have any ideas for spells and such that would be more fitting to this sort of character just tell them, as this isn't a finalised idea, since if they decide to make such a class, they will just use this forum as an inspiration, not a guideline.

Thread : Fan Class  Preview message : #969450  Replies : 9  Views : 203
posté June 22, 2016, 12:57:40 | #16

Quote (Flatops @ 22 June 2016 12:19) *

Quote (Tartumystic @ 22 June 2016 11:48) *
I cant seem to find it or is it not yet known?

Hey Tar,

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
We are still discussing with the Xelor God for the opportune time.
Ugh, if you leave it to Xelor, he'll give you an ETA of "somewhen in the next century"

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #969194  Replies : 8  Views : 314
posté June 22, 2016, 12:52:21 | #17
Eh, I still didn't get the "incarnam - tutorial" achievement, even though I completed the achievement trough steam. Probably because the tutorial was revemped after they made the achievements and noone is actually working on that.

Thread : 1.46 Bug Reports  Preview message : #969193  Replies : 7  Views : 157
posté June 21, 2016, 18:49:22 | #18

Quote (ShadowFacts @ 21 June 2016 16:08) *
Also, are there any (new) "teasers" you can safely mention for upcoming patches?
*Things not already mentioned in the "calendar".
Well there will be a nation rework after the incarnam rework, and I think someone said new classes?

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #969053  Replies : 6  Views : 392
posté June 20, 2016, 15:17:38 | #19
Stellar's spotlight/ Stella's show A lesser known class, devouted to god Iop, that usually stuck to stages as actors, using their spells for imaginery fights. But now, mostly due to the lack of new material, decided it is time to make a grandiose return to the stage of the world of twelve as fighters, to write their own scripts on the battlefield.
placeholder untill i find a good picture
Elements: Fire, Air, Water
God: Iop (or maybe ecaflip?)
Apperance: Fabulous actor/magician
Afiliation: Follow the god Iop, but focus more on impressing the crowds (and the enemies) than actually fighting, even feigning weakness to put on a show with a comeback.

Spells:

Water - Smoke and mirrors (illusions, push and debuffs)

Air - Sharp wit and pointy words, also swords (damage, debuffs and mobility)

Fire - Blazing theatrics and pyrotehnics (swordplay AoE and self-buffs)

Will add some actuall spell ideas later (or feel free to add your own).

PS: The name is a portmaneau of a Con and stellar(a star), not constelation

Thread : Fan Class  Preview message : #968875  Replies : 9  Views : 203
posté June 19, 2016, 21:11:26 | #20
A sidekick? Just kick him from our group? I mean from what I remember you specifically have to add hi to your group.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #968735  Replies : 10  Views : 331