Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

cody5's profile
Statistics
320 Posts (0.2 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 15, 2014, 10:53:18 | #1

Quote (GreenTae @ 03 October 2014 18:01) *
air/fire xelors are pretty fun! so much you can do with them, give ap to teammates, go water and take ap from enemies, or store ap for massive damage next turn! you can also raise teammates, debuff enemies, teleport teammates or enemies, or summon stabilized time minions!

so much ap so much to do so little time
Firstly you probably mean water/air not fire, not shure how you can debuff enemies, and sinistros aren't stabilised, they just have no MP FYI. Water xelors could really use some love.

Thread : General  Preview message : #787589  Replies : 4  Views : 1019
posté October 15, 2014, 10:28:25 | #2
I agree on that Iop tab, I have played since beta an it took me 10 minutes of opening and closing the menus to notice it (while actively searching for it).
I also agree there could be a better tutorial, especially for diferent class mechanics, I still find a lot of people that don't know how xelor's glyphs work or know how controll affects osa or how tics and tocks work (they work bad if you ask me) or how to catsc monsters with an osa or how invisibility works or what mumifcation does (-33% HP? whose HP? currentHP?) or how faking it works, etc...

There should be a short class tutorial to explain the mechanics to new players, right after incarnam.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787580  Replies : 7  Views : 434
posté October 15, 2014, 10:04:00 | #3
I wish they changed the fire spells to something else than Ini loss, water is ok with AP manipulation (even if it was seriously nerfed).
I mean it fits lore-wise, but other than that it would be much better if replaced by some other mechanic.
It could spawn firewalls (distorting time so it's painfull to move trough), cause an AP poison (or even MP poison), have a chance to make spells cost MP (because it's hard to move), or preaty much anything that fits the theme.

I also think since xelors are all about time manipulation, they could have a "time" stat like sacriers have angrr, it could either increase the chance of AP removal and being consumed when AP is removed (allowing burst AP steals while still being balanced), or increasing with AP removal and decreasing with granting AP (giving you diferent buffs depending on how you play, possibly debuffs if you just give AP - having negative time?), etc.

It would also be nice if there was some more interaction with the dial than just "stand on it, get a buff". I mean mobility is great, but I just wish there was some other mechanic like spinning it around (to move people on the hourcells clockwise) or using xelor's punishment on a dial (to have a 3 cell AoE) or fusing with the dial (modified range vs no mobility?) or something, I mean it say it's the "centerpice of the xelors arsenal" (puns aside), I just feel there could be something more.

Also please give xelors some summon synergy, if nothing else just slap some CMC on a passive.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #787575  Replies : 3  Views : 483
posté September 26, 2014, 22:03:18 | #4
Making Meridia Matter (MMM) When the meridias first appered there was always a complicated quest to be made to get an almoken, which bugged me since most of them required you to be a member.

This has since been fixed by a member rank being erased from existance, but I still find 2 things that bug me:

1) The meridia quests were all changed to "visit the temple, get an almoken, xp and a buff", to me this seems to easy. I mean most people I know log in every day just to get an almoken and free xp, because it doesn't tke anything else than to log in on every character they own, to me this seems to easy. I wish there was some sort of a chalange to it, if you were gonna play wakfu that day, you have time to do a quest for an almoken, but if you just login every day and not play at all, that seems just silly to me.
I'd love to have a quest to do every day, if nothing else just for the sake of variety.

2) Just like goggles, they do nothing! I have seen the alamanax and every single day it says:
-Dofus: Today the meridia effect will cause something amazing that is logically related to it!
-Wakfu: Today the meridia effect will do buger all, go get your almoken in the temple, cary on, nothing to see here...
Why? I mean I get that you are working on other fun and nice things in Wakfu, but this makes me feel like you didn't even try.

Today's example:
The Meridian Effect
It's going to be a long, difficult day. Today, you might feel hard done-by, but tough cheese! Why not raise your spirits by going to mine some stones underground?

DOFUS
bonuses and quests
Bonus: Plenty of ore
The quantity of Dolomite and Obsidian harvested by miners is increased by 175%.Quest: Offering for Nufrank

Find 3 Obsidian and take the offering to Antyklime Ax

WAKFU
quest
Nufrank
aka. "Go get your token in the temple."

This post has been edited by cody5 - September 26, 2014, 22:07:41.
Reason for edit : Example
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #781276  Replies : 1  Views : 89
posté September 26, 2014, 21:49:25 | #5
That sounds nice, currently all the give is the ability to wear certain eqipment, the access to the source islands (which gives you an aura that does bugger all) and a colored light when you respawn (it looks awesome!).

Considering this is something the game is named after, I wish that there were some more mechanics about it.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #781271  Replies : 3  Views : 130
posté September 26, 2014, 21:37:25 | #6

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 25 June 2014 11:37) *
Healing wand Feca could make use of it all.

And possibly even more so after they add in those new Shushu weapons.

And I'd love to see a Hydrand/Sinestro Xelor. I wish someone had an awesome build for that, because spamming little machine summons sounds hella fun.
Funny I should stumble upon this, because my main is a sinistro-xelor.
I used to be a sinistro and hydrant xelor, but found out hydrants are just terrible.
I wish they would improve xelor summon synergy, because curently they just pretend they don't exist. that's why I put a rant on xelor synergy under suggestions (i hope someone actually reads that).

I have found out something interesting about hydrants:
-they cost no WP so you can summon them as much as you want
-they're relatively cheap (4ap, but could be worse)
-they have 3hp, this sounds terible but it works like charges means they can take 2-3 hits no matter the damage)
-they loose 1 hp every turn (even on the dial for some reason)

Because of this qualities I discovered they are incredibly spammable little turrets.
-they are almost imune to damage, their only weakness is cheap spamable spells
-they are good tanks as they don't move, so you can make walls easily
-they attack anyone in a 3 radius and have a chance to reduce their AP

I have made a build (curently lvl. 46) with:
-6 controll (gonna get 2 more on 50)
-10AP (plus 2 from devotion means I can cast 3 sinistros per turn)
-3MP (but I usually only move 1 because devotion)

This means I can place 3 sinistros per turn that can last up to 3 turns each.
They also only take damage on the begining of your turn so they can take one extra hit if they would die anyway aqnd give you an open timeframe to rreplace te ones that just broke.
Yo can use them to constuct a literal maze/obstacle course for your enemies to run around, so they have trouble getting to you, or wall yourself off so they have trouble getting to you. Also all of the walls are shooting them every turn.

I have faced 3 types of people with this build

1) People who try to attack me directly
It sometimes works, but with tempus fugitt that hits them and teleports and folowed with some more sinistros they usually have trouble getting to me.
If they do manage to memee me, I just suround them with 6 sinistros that do 300 damage per turn (and then I hide behind them)
Sometimes they succeed, but it's usually because their lvl is 5 or 10 above me.

2) people who figure out that sinistros are my only source of damage
While they have a good idea that they should attack the sinistros to prevent me from damaging them, I have noticed thet without 1AP attacks (or even with) it's just hard to destroy 3 sinistros per turn. Even if they succeed they take a while to notice that they aren't actually damaging me, but the sinistros shure do.
They usually loose except if they have attacks with huge AoEs

3) people 15 levels higher than me
Yeah so maybe attacking someone that can kill you in 2 turns wasn't the best idea ever...
Or maybe it was my fault for running around amakna with PvP enabled.

PS: Dance my puppets, dance! Muahahaha! *cough* I mean it's kinda fun.

This post has been edited by cody5 - September 26, 2014, 21:39:54.
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #781265  Replies : 9  Views : 411
posté September 12, 2014, 20:14:20 | #7

Quote (Corinarhx @ 12 September 2014 19:57) *
Hey. I'm 37lvl osa and i have 4 control, how much more do i need to spawn Chafter Lancer (35lvl) and Chafter Archer (30lvl) or Bibli (30lvl)?

Doesn't 1 control mean 10 lvls to 2nd summon uncapper?
Controll is the number of summons you can have on in the game at the same time.
So if you have 4 controll you could have 4 monsters on the field.
On the other hand Osa's summons are also limited by his level, I'm not shure how exactly, but i think you can only have monsters whose levels add up to your level (or twice your level, not shure).
So currently you can have 4 weak monsters or less more powerfull ones.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #775108  Replies : 2  Views : 621
posté September 08, 2014, 22:40:34 | #8
Well air-fire is really good for solo PvP as it has the highest damage, air-water is good in team fights as you can buff your allies with a lot of AP and slow down your oponents by removing their AP.
Water-air isn't amazing against monsters, because they usually have cheap attacks so they attack anyway, but can still deal decent damage, but it's true value is when fightng in a team.
Fire is great against single monsters as it deals a lot of burst damage, and is even good against multiple enemies because of it's AoE and bounce.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #771930  Replies : 2  Views : 1156
posté September 04, 2014, 20:36:46 | #9

Quote (Trobing @ 21 August 2014 16:48) *
Level 30 Xelor newbie here, and very interested in trying out Water Xelor (been leveling with primarily Air). I'd love to get some more pointers.

1. Sinistro - I've ignored Sinistro so far, but is it going to be a mandatory spell for Water Xelor?

2. Hourglass - The damage is lackluster compared to Frostbite and AP generator % is too small to be significant (at my level, anyways), but people say this is bread and butter for Water Xelor. Is it solely because of the Accelerator buff or have I been using it wrong?

3. Gear - I currently wear Tofu Set, and am working on collecting Royal Gobball Set. Is this the correct gear progression for Water Xelor?

Note: When I say newbie, I mean I've only played the game for 5 days.

Edit: Also, I have 5 people I almost always play with, so grouping is not a problem.
1. Sinistro is ok, but almost noone uses it (i do though), since it has no synergy with anything, still better than the hydrant though

2. Hourglass is usefull, because though it has low damage, it is cheap and has a decent AP gain and removal chance, so it's perfect for manipulating AP in a fight. You can also use it without a target (on the ground), for some extra AP for your team at the beginning of a fight

3. I'm not shure about the gear, but anything that adds water damage and AP is perfect for a xelor. If you boost your devotion, it might also be worth investing in some MP boots.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #770381  Replies : 9  Views : 1776
posté September 04, 2014, 20:23:40 | #10
I wish that Xelor had some synergy with his summons, it would make for some fun builds.
Especially since it takes 3 hits to kill a summon, no matter the damage, they make great damage shields. Hydrants are still useless though.
On the other hand they now loose 1HP every turn even if they are on the dial, must be a bug.

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #770377  Replies : 10  Views : 995
posté September 04, 2014, 20:17:17 | #11
I personally play a summon orientated Xelor, but Hydrant is now so terible I don't even bother with them. Sinistro is ok, but has absolutely no synergy, I hope they change that.
Having 5 sinistros on the fiels still looks awesome and is fun!
Dance my puppets, dance!

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #770375  Replies : 4  Views : 2130
posté September 04, 2014, 19:49:46 | #12
Xelor summon synergy I have been playing as a xelor for a while, and i have noticed that there isn't any synergy between xelor's spells and his summons.
Every other class with summons has some synergy with their summons:
-osamoda is based around summons
-enutrof has a whole eart branch for his dhreller
-sadida has evrything around dolls except the lone sadida
-eniripsas have coneys which boost their hygene
-cras have 2 special spells for their beacons
-srams and masqaraiders have a double which you can controll
-rouges have all sorts of ways to trigger their bombs and a bombot (could be better though, noone stands on a bomb)
-foggernauts have a cybot which relays and copies their spells, not much but still some synergy
-fecas have glyphs (which scale terribly, absolutely no effect on low levels, extremely powerfull on high levels)

Xelor's only pasive that grants him anything related to summons is Master of time that when maxed gives him +2 controll (along with a few other effects).
There's no special or passive that would help them, not even a CmC damage pasive.
And in the latest version even the dial that used to protect them against taking 1 damage every turn doesn't work anymore (probably a bug but still).
And don't even get me started on the Hydrant, I have never seen a Xelor that would even use it, it's just that bad.

So what I ask for is for you to give the Xelor a special or a passive that helps with summon orientated builds, or adding some aditional effects to water spells if they're used on sinistros (or fire spells on hydrants I guess, but I'd prefer a total redesign of hydrants).

And while i'm here I'd also like to complain about the fire spells, I agree they can do a LOT of damage, but that they remove initiative from oponents is so gimicky, I mean it fits the lore but it's really useless, the only reason anyone cares about it is because it gives bonus damage on aging. I mean in theory you might get the speed bonus before your opponent, but xelors are already the class with the second highest initiative in the game, so it doesn't affect the game that much.
It would be much better if the fire spells had some other effect like:
-heating the air, so people would have a chance to loose 2 MP each time they move trough it
-burning out your target so he takes fire damage every time he uses MP (or AP i guess)
-having a chance to blind your target removing 1 range for a turn
-prevent your opponent from using WP for a turn (hmm, that would be more fitting on air spells)
-removing lock from the target
or something, just brainstorming here.

The water branch is really well made, but unfortunately monsters mosly have attacks that use about 60% of their AP, so you'd have to remove a lot of their AP to make them not attack. I also noticed that the spells have a decreasing chance to remove AP from enemies (because of hyperaction), but there's no restriction to giving AP to alies. It's not that noticable, but it could be fixed by having hypermovement decrease the chance of giving or taking AP. I was also a bit confused by the Tick/Tock mechanic, because it only allows you to remove AP every second turn (which was a bit strange for me at first( untill I realised you're suposed to give AP to allies on the Tick turns. I understand that it's increadibly usefull for team fights, but I just wish there was some other effect for water spells on the Tick turn, because when you're playing solo, it just slows you down.

The air branch is really usefull, because of all sorts of mobility spells, and has really good synergy with the dial, but I sometimes think that the dial is a bit strange, because every possible xelor build uses it because of the big damage boost while you're on it. Because I know the dial is supposed to be the main special for xelor, I wish there was some other synergy for water and fire branches instead of a damage boost, it would really make it more interesting instead of just "sumon the dial, do more damage".

PS: Please bring back the air ecaflips, they were relly fun. (I prefer the claws over the fleas any day, the creep me out)

This post has been edited by cody5 - September 04, 2014, 19:51:42.
Reason for edit : Post Scriptum
Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #770364  Replies : 0  Views : 63
posté September 02, 2014, 10:17:03 | #13

Quote (Tavish-DeGroot @ 23 August 2014 05:18) *

Quote (FlagaWaga @ 22 August 2014 21:39) *
Will Nox play any part of this at the end of season 1 he disappeared. He was an amazing character i would love to see him again.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
He's dead Jim.
At the end of the credits of the Season 1 finale, you can see his remains next to his family's graves.

Perhaps you can bring him back with your powers of necromancy?

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Well we never saw him die, so it's possible he just teleported away in his despair.
On the other hand he did just fail at his last goal in life.You'd probably need nechronomancy to bring him back

Thread : News  Preview message : #769212  Replies : 21  Views : 2410
posté October 04, 2013, 08:41:05 | #14
I'm loling here, in my country Mercator is the name of the largest retail/grocery store!
Their slogan is "Mercator, your best neighbour", maybe the suppervillan's slogan will be "Alcatrool's worst neighbour/cellmate"?

Mercator

PS: Now that I think about it, their logo really looks like Mario's

This post has been edited by cody5 - October 04, 2013, 08:46:41.
Reason for edit : Post Scriptum
Thread : News  Preview message : #613465  Replies : 70  Views : 2968
posté September 30, 2013, 09:08:47 | #15
We wil be able to trade? HALLELUA!!! (or hollahopiwi)

BTW i suggested a woodent dungeon in the forums, idk if you've read it but thank you anyway

Quote (Rimali @ 20 September 2013 17:51) *
First, there is no nation with highlevel players to keep parasites & ecoterrorists from abusing the ecosystem in Astrub.
You do know Astrub has no ecosystem right? 

Quote (BowChicken @ 30 September 2013 00:14) *
Only issue i have with F2P gathering normal resources is botting. Honestly if you open F2P trading with P2P you'll open up a reign of terror called bots on your servers..
I'm shure they will come up with anti-bot measures, for example a program that checks if resource nodes have been harvested in the exact same sequence more than 5 times?

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #611905  Replies : 96  Views : 5696
posté September 08, 2013, 21:08:49 | #16
I thought hydrants were suposed to be tanky(invincible) linear piercing damage dealers, and sinistros being light flexible multi target debuffers.

As they are now, they are all tanky single target weak damage dealers (and sinistros now cost even more ap, i had to take a +ap as a stat bonus just so I can cast more than 1 per turn)

Also they used to be a great high-cost REALLY-long-range spell, but they nerfed treir attack range as well as their cast range

I really miss my army of sinistros

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #603339  Replies : 12  Views : 1219
posté September 08, 2013, 20:20:13 | #17
count me in

Thread : News  Preview message : #603327  Replies : 69  Views : 3555
posté August 30, 2013, 16:22:23 | #18
Hydrant bug I just came across a serious bug with the Hydrant summon.

As I was fighting a couple of Iops, I summoned a hydrant to damage them, but I was in it's damage radius too. They moved out of it's range and stunned me with their attack. When my next turn came it skipped my turn, but then the game glitched, causing the hydrant to attack (me) continuously even after the timer ran out, until I died (it caused over 400 damage).

As far as I can tell it means that if a xelor gets stunned a glitch causes his summons to get unlimited turns.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #599149  Replies : 0  Views : 223
posté August 30, 2013, 16:20:02 | #19
Hydrants used to attack up to 3 targets per turn and had a far greater attack and summon range, so in my opinion they nerfed them greatly.

Sinistros used to have higher damage and summon range (great for high cost ranged attack if you are too far fom the enemy) as well as beaing INVINCIBLE, which was really usefull, but now they even hurt each other if you put them close together.

The implementation of charges instead of HP is a nice idea in theory, but I think that placing them on the dial should have an effect like not loosing charges or more AP for sinistros and invincibility for hydrants or something. It's nice that they aren't dependant on the dial anymore, but now they are much weaker than before, there isn't even a pasive that would boost their charges or stats, exept Time master that allows having 3 mechanisms on lvl 20.

My xelor's gameplay revolves mostly around these two summons, so I am really dissappointed at the lack of synergy between summons and the xelor.

PS: Also what is the point of dissinhronisation? It changes the tick-tock mode and lowers your damage and AP. WTH?

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #599145  Replies : 12  Views : 1219
posté August 30, 2013, 11:53:38 | #20
This is so usefull when you play on a laggy computer when you have 0.25 FPS.
No more searching for teammates on the map.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #599059  Replies : 13  Views : 904