Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

AMA ~Yesway's Sacri Helpline~
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté August 02, 2013, 12:18:42 | #1
AMA ~Yesway's Sacri Helpline~

Alright everyone whats up whats good? You may or may not have heard of me, but for those of you who dont know im a top tier sacri player. I had the first Moowolf and Magmog sets on Nox and I have been playing since beta! woo boy who cares!

Anyway the point of this thread is to answer any and all questions you have about building any type of sacrier. I have nothing to comment on in terms of my build so keep the questions to class questions and your personal build only.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-01-04
posté August 02, 2013, 21:16:03 | #2
1. Is it currently beneficial to build a hybrid sac for any "end game" content?

My understanding of the three elements is as follows-

Fire: High damage
Air: Med damage / more battlefield manipulation
Earth: Low damage / better tanking

Air in my mind already kind of seems like a hybrid between the two trees.

Also when considering which element to focus on for my sac I eventually decided against earth based on the information in this thread:
Click here

2. Is that thread outdated? As in - Earth is not very desired for UB / Earth spends most of it's AP per turn swapping and casting sacrifice / life transfer so it can't very easily build coagulation?

3. Why does my sac grab it's face and a slapping sound is heard before I cast Assault for the first time in a battle. Is that when the multi-arm animation effect used to appear?

posté August 02, 2013, 21:36:07 | #3

Quote (Kinch45 @ 02 August 2013 21:16) *
1. Is it currently beneficial to build a hybrid sac for any "end game" content?

My understanding of the three elements is as follows-

Fire: High damage
Air: Med damage / more battlefield manipulation
Earth: Low damage / better tanking

Air in my mind already kind of seems like a hybrid between the two trees.

Also when considering which element to focus on for my sac I eventually decided against earth based on the information in this thread:
Click here

2. Is that thread outdated? As in - Earth is not very desired for UB / Earth spends most of it's AP per turn swapping and casting sacrifice / life transfer so it can't very easily build coagulation?

3. Why does my sac grab it's face and a slapping sound is heard before I cast Assault for the first time in a battle. Is that when the multi-arm animation effect used to appear?
Alright a lot to cover with this one.

1. Short answer? Yes, very much so.
  • Multielement gives you strong resist across the board which is very useful considering end game bosses come in all elements and are often multielement themselves.
  • Versatility. Versatility. Versatility. Now more then ever you can have high elements in two spell trees. This makes it very easy to simply wear mono element gear based on a particular scenario. If you have air spells then wear all air gear if you want to be a dps for a frigost dungeon where you employ a kite strategy. Tanking for BC? Put on all earth gear and sacrifice your teammates and oh look you already have high air resist because you are earth/air.
  • Ease of access. Ankama clearly wants players to be multielement. Almost all new content is multielement and this recent spell level system was a huge buff to ME classes as well.
2. Your description of the three elemental trees is more or less accurate. As far as not statting earth because of that thread I think that is a bad viewpoint. In all honesty I think earth is stronger then it has ever been and is certainly better PvP and PvM then mono-fire. I actually think coagulation needs a slight nerf.

So yes I would say that thread is outdated, though your concerns are warranted. Earth is perfectly fine and plenty useful for all current dungeons. As an earth tank sacri you do need to put a good amount of stat points into lock in order to see your full potential however. The problem with UBs is that most cannot be locked or have very high dodge and other tank classes such as panda and feca can support the team in a lot of other useful ways while still having natural resistant passives, unlike the sacrier. That isnt to say it wouldnt be useful, but indeed earth sacri are not the best choice while facing a UB. Another reason you should go ME, so you can do damage while you tank.

3. The slapping sound is most likely the result of your tattoos slapping into your opponent before hurling both him and yourself towards different tiles. I dont know why he grabs his face. Maybe he is focusing his chakra xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A question posed in this thread - Click here -

"Fire/Air sacrier - Which spells should i go for and how many ap will i need? Is it even worth it as much as being pure fire or pure air? Thanks in advance."
  1. Honestly every spell is useful and you should level them all to at least 50-60.
  2. Think about what kind of mechanics you are going to be using in battle and choose for yourself. Almost all air spells throw out equal damage per ap/mp cost. Certainly level Motion Sickness and Punish.
  3. Is it worth it to be mono element? I think it is all personal preference. I played pure fire for over a year and had a lot of success with it. I know others who have played pure air with just as much success. Right now it is convenient to be Air/Fire because of mecha set. A lot of optimization stems from the current gear available to you. Luckily right now we have very good Earth/Air, Air/Fire, and Fire/Earth sets that are fantastic. When wabbit comes out later this month we might see a lvl 150 pure fire set implemented. If this happens going pure fire would probably be pretty enticing.
  4. In the end I think all three options are viable enough, fire being the least viable with current in game gear, but still useful. Choose what you have fun with, you probably wont be limited to what content you can play with any of these choices.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-01-04
posté August 05, 2013, 23:30:17 | #4
Thanks for the thoughtful answers.

I think I will eventually go for an air / earth build. Probably leveling rocky foot (since 3 AP matches assault for combos) and colonnades for AOE.

Question time:

1. Am I missing something or are Rocky Foot and Crackrock Blow the same functional spell with slightly different numbers?

2. I'm currently level 65. Is there a reasonable way to start leveling my earth spells now or should I just wait for another respec?

posté August 06, 2013, 11:56:10 | #5

Quote (Kinch45 @ 05 August 2013 23:30) *
Thanks for the thoughtful answers.

I think I will eventually go for an air / earth build. Probably leveling rocky foot (since 3 AP matches assault for combos) and colonnades for AOE.

Question time:

1. Am I missing something or are Rocky Foot and Crackrock Blow the same functional spell with slightly different numbers?

2. I'm currently level 65. Is there a reasonable way to start leveling my earth spells now or should I just wait for another respec?
  1. Yeah pretty much the same spells. They have proportional damage per AP, crackrock blow has a higher proportion of -dodge if that matters to you. All in all I think you are right to go with the 3 ap attack because of how it goes with assault though you might not need to bother using both in the same turn. Think about it, in pvp you are just going to be using the spell tree that your opponent has the lowest resist in, most of the time that is and in PvE you will either be a damage dealer or a tank. So in many cases you will only be using one element. Just something to keep in mind. .
  2. I wouldnt worry about it too much. I am leveling from 120 to 125 and I havent been paying attention. Its too much of a hassel if you ask me. Especially since, as you stated, we will get a respec before long anyway.

This post has been edited by IYesWayI - August 06, 2013, 11:57:17.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-07-30
posté August 06, 2013, 22:03:20 | #6
I recently (this week) started to play Wakfu. Now i'm lvl 30 and didn't stat anything of char. points yet because i read a lot of discussion about this particular subject. Some say hp pre 30 others say take a point in mp first, other say go crit all the way. Others even say intel so i'm a little bit confused and would like a bit of help . I even thought about statting 1 ap (currently i have gobbal set).

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2009-05-05
posté August 08, 2013, 04:58:18 | #7
hey im a returning player and pretty lost, i figured id go with an earth sacrier however im not sure where to go exactly with sets. I see people from my guild talking about having sets that give them like 500% dmg when i cant seem to find any combination that will yield much more than 280%. I know your fire/air but mind explaining what sets i should be going for and what kind of dmg i should expect

posté August 08, 2013, 07:06:52 | #8

Quote (MayaBlue @ 06 August 2013 22:03) *
I recently (this week) started to play Wakfu. Now i'm lvl 30 and didn't stat anything of char. points yet because i read a lot of discussion about this particular subject. Some say hp pre 30 others say take a point in mp first, other say go crit all the way. Others even say intel so i'm a little bit confused and would like a bit of help . I even thought about statting 1 ap (currently i have gobbal set).
Honestly it isnt that important what you stat until you are max level. This is because we usually get a restat for free once a month due to content changes. If you want to get the most bang for your buck early on I would stat int. If you dont mind waiting AP is probably the best thing to spend your first 150 on because us sacri have a lot of pretty good 1AP spells.

Quote (boobymikes @ 08 August 2013 04:58) *
hey im a returning player and pretty lost, i figured id go with an earth sacrier however im not sure where to go exactly with sets. I see people from my guild talking about having sets that give them like 500% dmg when i cant seem to find any combination that will yield much more than 280%. I know your fire/air but mind explaining what sets i should be going for and what kind of dmg i should expect
Earth has some really great set combinations, arguably the best. Remember that you are getting ~110% Dmg from your spell tree and while other classes have a passive dmg buff that is always in effect, sacri do not get their passive until they start to take dmg.

That in mind I recommend you play around on the Wakfu-Elements set builder. I will give you a standard earth sacrier build, but I think you should play around with it and spice it up a little to suit your desired stats and personality.

It sounds like you want to dpt since you are thinking about damage. Personally I wouldnt recommend going dpt with an earth sacri. Here is something I would start with. Most of your friends with over 500% dmg probably stat full strength.

Tanky-DPT: [url=http://wakfu-elements.com/builder?i=22829-1e9c9a20-ffec-11e2-b4a4-fefd42e4]Click here

Sorry for broken link, try to copy it with in the lines, not sure why its showing as that. Also the stat points should show 1AP, Full Crit, and the rest into Block. I chose full crit because earth sacs benefit greater than other classes from crit thanks to the increased coag on top of the dmg.

This post has been edited by IYesWayI - August 08, 2013, 07:44:56.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-10-21
posté August 09, 2013, 00:02:38 | #9
Click here

[url=http://wakfu-elements.com/builder?i=22829-1e9c9a20-ffec-11e2-b4a4-fefd42e4]Click here[/url]

Link fixed.

This post has been edited by Genepe - August 09, 2013, 00:04:45.
posté August 09, 2013, 00:04:41 | #10
thanks for help wit the set, another thing you reminded me off with that post was block, are you sure its worth adding to block rather than hp?
I did a little mental math yesterday and it just didnt add up for me

posté August 09, 2013, 00:43:40 | #11

Quote (boobymikes @ 09 August 2013 00:04) *
thanks for help wit the set, another thing you reminded me off with that post was block, are you sure its worth adding to block rather than hp?
I did a little mental math yesterday and it just didnt add up for me
Its just my preference. I feel like if you block a large attack during a fight it makes a bigger difference then the hp. Think about it like this. The higher level you are the more damage you are taking, the more value block has compare to hp. The hp bonus is static, the block is not.

posté August 09, 2013, 02:22:10 | #12
appreciate it thats a clean cut way of explaining it

posté August 09, 2013, 11:15:27 | #13
For those who havent quite figured out what they would like to do with their sacrier I recommend checking out my old thread which can be found here - Click here

If you have any questions however please continue to post in this thread as some information in my previous thread might be out of date although the core concepts in helping you choose a build should be relatively the same.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-10
posté August 25, 2013, 07:52:39 | #14
Hey it's me Chronoshifter

How have u been?

I just came back after 6month quitting and I want to play with more players than NA

Are there a lot of players in that server? I heard there are many good English speaking players and What nation and guild are u guys in?

This post has been edited by MrAsura - August 25, 2013, 08:05:48.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-08-26
posté August 27, 2013, 02:42:22 | #15
Dear Yesway, I JUST started this game, i chose Sacrier thought it sounded like a good fun mix of tank and dps, got a buddy playing CRA. This game seems a bit tough out the gate and i'm having some trouble understanding certain things.

first question, to start i should pick ONE element and stick with it? cause at the begining of this thread you said multi element is good now (did you mean for late game? I'm digging the Air line alot so far, push things into walls and such. So i was thinking i'd do your suggestion of Air tank. so then should i stick with just stacking alot of health pre 30?

Also, how do you level your MP and AP? i see people saying go 9/6 and such, but i don't understand how they level it!

When leveling my abilities, i can only level my passives, what passives should i focus on then?

I have to USE my ability to level them right? So the more i use particular abilities the faster right?

Just started this game yesterday so i apologize that i can't ask better questions, also is this game actually playable for free or does it /require/ a subscription?

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2008-12-01
posté September 04, 2013, 03:03:32 | #16
Hello, I am new to Wakfu and to Sacrier. I did a bit of reading on the class and I believe I will choose the fire element. I would like to:

1: know how I should spec the class.

2: know what spells to lvl and such.

3: know what sets to use between certain levels

4: know where the best solo spot for xp is between certain levels.

I would greatly appreciate all the help you can offer me in my adventure with my sacri.
Hope to see you in the battlegrounds.

take care

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-09-30
posté October 06, 2013, 06:12:02 | #17
I'd also like to know the above as well.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté October 09, 2013, 15:14:29 | #18

Quote (saadida- @ 04 September 2013 03:03) *
Hello, I am new to Wakfu and to Sacrier. I did a bit of reading on the class and I believe I will choose the fire element. I would like to:

1: know how I should spec the class.

2: know what spells to lvl and such.

3: know what sets to use between certain levels

4: know where the best solo spot for xp is between certain levels.

I would greatly appreciate all the help you can offer me in my adventure with my sacri.
Hope to see you in the battlegrounds.

take care
1) 1-2 MP, crit or intel after
2) Burning Blood and Punishment, until 9 AP when you can do 3 Blood Rushes or Fury/Punish/Rush

in terms of specialties, definitely look at cling, blood pact, and attraction.

3) well, end game (100) you need an AP weapon and Moowolf set for +3 AP and then you can really start diving in from there, right now I use Magmog with Moowolf fillers and a White Crow Breastplate (soon to be Wabbit Coat)

4) soloing is only good after maybe 110-115, use groups to level and do lunar dungeon and environment quests.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-04-19
posté October 13, 2013, 17:38:55 | #19
Ahem, hey yesway, you might remember me when you were updating your old guide I was around asking questions about fire sac. but uh, anyway, enough chat, I've restated my sac, I'm currently a level 72 air sac, debating on going air/earth for additional tankiness and map control, fire was fun yes, but at the same time I ended up doing more damage to myself than the enemies did with crit punish, was fun to oneshot pretty much everything though, anyway, my question is if I decide to go earth/air, should I get block and not focus on getting agility at all for the air aspect? And for sac specalties, anger and bloodpact/trans/attract are all good, but should I get cling and moribund as well? or focus on sanguine armor since I plan on getting earth in there?

posté January 23, 2014, 10:03:15 | #20

Quote (Roulce @ 13 October 2013 17:38) *
Ahem, hey yesway, you might remember me when you were updating your old guide I was around asking questions about fire sac. but uh, anyway, enough chat, I've restated my sac, I'm currently a level 72 air sac, debating on going air/earth for additional tankiness and map control, fire was fun yes, but at the same time I ended up doing more damage to myself than the enemies did with crit punish, was fun to oneshot pretty much everything though, anyway, my question is if I decide to go earth/air, should I get block and not focus on getting agility at all for the air aspect? And for sac specalties, anger and bloodpact/trans/attract are all good, but should I get cling and moribund as well? or focus on sanguine armor since I plan on getting earth in there?
Sorry I took so long to respond. I quit the game to focus on school. I'm back though and ready to answer questions. You probably arent playing anymore or dont need to know at this point, but here are my thoughts for those interested.

Earth/Air is very strong right now. Dragon Pig + Empalol is a great combo. In fact until I am 140 I will be playing this combo because it will get me more PvE runs to get my Fire/Air PvP gear.

You should stat an Ap and 2 Mp. You reaaaally need Mp as air and you will need that 10th Ap for double colonades or MS + 3x Assault.

Get sanguine armor before moribund. You will want to double that coag. You probably want cling next.

Remember I am back now so anyone interested in asking questions please ask anything you are curious about dealing with Sacriers.