Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

AMA ~Yesway's Sacri Helpline~
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2009-02-23
posté February 23, 2014, 22:05:15 | #41
Hi, i have recently started playing wakfu instead of dofus and sacrier has always been my favorite class... Anyway the wakfu point system is so much more complex and different i feel really lost to where i should distribute my points on?? I am a fire sacrier

This post has been edited by adoroodofus - February 23, 2014, 22:05:56.
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-11-18
posté February 23, 2014, 23:51:11 | #42
Hey there. So I made another thread asking about this already, but figured I'd drop it here and get your opinion on the matter. I decided to make my Sacrier Air/Earth so I could have map control and the tanking ability of coagulation. I made a build on Wakfu-Elements with what stats/gear I plan on TRYING to get around that level. Again, I'd like your opinion on what I've made here: Click here

(Note: I also plan on using Rejectattoo, but mostly to help push my teammates out of being locked in situations I just can't Transposition. Figured the lower level would be best though so I don't cause them too much harm and still get damage and resistance.)

This post has been edited by Blankman01 - February 23, 2014, 23:53:00.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté February 24, 2014, 04:14:33 | #43

Quote (adoroodofus @ 23 February 2014 22:05) *
Hi, i have recently started playing wakfu instead of dofus and sacrier has always been my favorite class... Anyway the wakfu point system is so much more complex and different i feel really lost to where i should distribute my points on?? I am a fire sacrier
I could go on for hours about the pros and cons about certain stat, ability, and spell allocations, but since your question is very open ended Ill try to give an open ended response. Please read through other questions in the thread though as this one pops up quite often.

Ability Points:
1AP DEFINITELY
1MP is highly recommended
put the rest in intelligence or crit. for me crit is tried and true.

Specialties:
Angrrr
Moribund
Blood pact

the rest is preference and I wont go into details unless you ask specifically about it.

As a fire sac you only will be using wakfu points to punish or lightspeed. lightspeed is a gap closer or distancer that you wont be using TOO often. Punish probably every fight. Most of the time, especially at early levels, you shouldnt worry about running out of WP.

Quote (Blankman01 @ 23 February 2014 23:51) *
Hey there. So I made another thread asking about this already, but figured I'd drop it here and get your opinion on the matter. I decided to make my Sacrier Air/Earth so I could have map control and the tanking ability of coagulation. I made a build on Wakfu-Elements with what stats/gear I plan on TRYING to get around that level. Again, I'd like your opinion on what I've made here: Click here

(Note: I also plan on using Rejectattoo, but mostly to help push my teammates out of being locked in situations I just can't Transposition. Figured the lower level would be best though so I don't cause them too much harm and still get damage and resistance.)
I HIGHLY recommend you level rocky foot or crackrock blow instead of smasher. colonades is a great damage spell to use if you are attacking with earth and you can use colonades + rocky foot x2 with your 11 ap. It will also allow you to use lock gear to lock and remove dodge for dragon pig and wa wabbit.

The gear set up is pretty good. I would think about using tormented helm or boots though and possibly going for 12 ap, 11 is fine though.

As far as rejectattoo I really like having it leveled so I can get side damage on enemies. if you only want to use it to move teammates that is understandable you want it low but if you level it you can still do it if you really have to or just swap them out. I guess its preference.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-11-18
posté February 25, 2014, 00:12:20 | #44
I didn't include this in my original question for the Air/Earth build, but what would you think good specialties be? Right now I'm going with Tattooed Blood, Blood Pact, and Clinging to Life for my passives. My actives are going to be Sanguine Armor, Attraction, and Transposition. I may dump any remaining points into either Moribound or one of the life giving actives.

posté February 25, 2014, 05:24:12 | #45

Quote (Blankman01 @ 25 February 2014 00:12) *
I didn't include this in my original question for the Air/Earth build, but what would you think good specialties be? Right now I'm going with Tattooed Blood, Blood Pact, and Clinging to Life for my passives. My actives are going to be Sanguine Armor, Attraction, and Transposition. I may dump any remaining points into either Moribound or one of the life giving actives.
That sounds pretty standard. I would put 5 levels into life transfer. that gives you 3 range, 4sacs, and doesnt cost anything besides a wp. That should be more than enough in my opinion. The rest I would put into moribund.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-11-29
posté March 03, 2014, 14:46:00 | #46
Hi Yesway, I am freshly back after a 1 year Hiatus. My team is Fire Sac (110), Air Cra (110), Water Enu (110).

All of my characters are sitting in the respec temple.

Can you guide me on my fire sac? I seem to have forgotten everything.

posté March 04, 2014, 02:18:54 | #47

Quote (HalcyonEthos @ 03 March 2014 14:46) *
Hi Yesway, I am freshly back after a 1 year Hiatus. My team is Fire Sac (110), Air Cra (110), Water Enu (110).

Well I recommend not going pure fire, but if that is what you want just make sure to level blood rush, bloodthirsty fury, and punish to max and the other two to similar levels. Stat 1 ap, 1mp, full crit. Thats about all there is to that haha. You can go on wakfu elements to check out the new gear. might want to level sacri fist so you can gap close easier as well.

edit: woops and yeah for specialties level angrrr, blood pact, moribund, attraction, transposition, and of course cling.

This post has been edited by IYesWayI - March 04, 2014, 02:26:16.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-11-29
posté March 05, 2014, 01:05:53 | #48

Quote (IYesWayI @ 04 March 2014 02:18) *

Well I recommend not going pure fire, but if that is what you want just make sure to level blood rush, bloodthirsty fury, and punish to max and the other two to similar levels. Stat 1 ap, 1mp, full crit. Thats about all there is to that haha. You can go on wakfu elements to check out the new gear. might want to level sacri fist so you can gap close easier as well.

edit: woops and yeah for specialties level angrrr, blood pact, moribund, attraction, transposition, and of course cling.

Thank you Yesway for taking the time to give me a bit of guidance. How does this look to you?

posté March 05, 2014, 03:14:30 | #49

Quote (HalcyonEthos @ 05 March 2014 01:05) *

Quote (IYesWayI @ 04 March 2014 02:18) *

Thank you Yesway for taking the time to give me a bit of guidance. How does this look to you?

It looks pretty close to what I was wearing at your level and to my stats. Personally I would switch to maka cards and a dagger if you can. I would make sure to keep leveling attract as well. Otherwise just try to get vamp set and mecha pieces if you can. Royal Jelly is decent as well. That will help you transition into duel element. Also for your earth branch I recommend lowering 3 spells a bit and raisign the other two. This will get you more earth resist. Just play around with it for a bit.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté March 05, 2014, 15:50:41 | #50
Out of curiousity, why do you not recommend Mono-Elemented builds? I'm not looking for a full blown discussion on it, but I'm kinda iffy on my mono-fire build as well (mostly because of PvP, I feel as though I'm still really doing well in PvE).

Also, what did you do for spells/AP? I feel as though if I hybridized it'd throw my goal of 12 AP into a hole of uselessness, and it would just cost so much spell XP since I would want MS/Push/Assault all levelled a healthy amount (assuming of course you're still fire/air).

posté March 06, 2014, 04:39:13 | #51

Quote (HateSpawn @ 05 March 2014 15:50) *
Out of curiousity, why do you not recommend Mono-Elemented builds? I'm not looking for a full blown discussion on it, but I'm kinda iffy on my mono-fire build as well (mostly because of PvP, I feel as though I'm still really doing well in PvE).

Also, what did you do for spells/AP? I feel as though if I hybridized it'd throw my goal of 12 AP into a hole of uselessness, and it would just cost so much spell XP since I would want MS/Push/Assault all levelled a healthy amount (assuming of course you're still fire/air).
I don't recommend mono builds because they bottleneck your ability to react to different mobs and players. There also is very little benefit to the element you are choosing then if you were simply duel element. Most endgame gear is duel element, well all of it is actually. I cant imagine getting more then 50-60% damage by going mono. This assumes you are putting a lot of stats into intelligence for example and distributing your spells well and wearing the best gear for fire in each slot and still that is pushing it.

When it comes down to it even if you are PvE or PvP almost all enemies are going to be weak in some elements and strong in others (resist wise). Having a 50% damage boost in one element is not as good as as attacking in a second element with 50% damage while the enemy has 100% less resist in said element. It also stacks your own resist higher through spell levels. In most cases it also gives you more base damage through better spell combos.

That being said mono-element can work, its just hard. Pimento has a VERY strong air eni that is pretty OP so it is possible.

I wont go into my build like usual haha, but I will say it is definitely NOT the standard build of sacrieurs and I love being 12AP. I am indeed air/fire and i almost always combine elements in battle.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-07-28
posté March 06, 2014, 05:59:52 | #52
I run a team with only mono dpt and we have absolutely no trouble due to it. Fire DPT focuses on targets weak to fire, and they die very fast. The same is true for our earth and wind dpt. (etc.)

If the fire kills all the enemies weak to fire before the other mobs are dead, then yes, maybe if they were hybrid, they could help in that situation more. But, maybe they wouldn't of killed those initial enemies as fast if they didn't have that extra 50%ish dmg (which isn't far fetched to say at all).

I do personally find that the extra 50%ish dmg by being mono helps expedite the killing of enemies weak to the corresponding element which does result in enemies dying a bit sooner. A dead enemy typically yields an extra bonus due to less damage being thrown at the group by them and for less clutter on the battlefield. Thus, if going mono makes it so one kills the monsters that are weak to their element faster, which should be true if placement is well at the start of the battle, then when it comes to initial kills, mono yields an advantage.

I would also say being mono isn't hard, but rather, being hybrid allows one to have more targets weak to viable combos one can unleash, which makes it easier for one to get to a target vulnerable to their character. If one is going for maximum impact though, rather than increasing the number of targets vulnerable to them, mono would be the way to go to raise the magnitude of the possible damage in that spectrum of elemental weakness.

It's basically impact of damage vs. expansion of targets viable to do damage to.
Both routes have advantages is the overall truth. Perhaps some group setups lean on which advantage is more meaningful to the group, but I can say confidently that mono and hybrid are both plenty viable and sensible. ^ w ^

posté March 06, 2014, 06:33:40 | #53

Quote (Flaming-June @ 06 March 2014 05:59) *
I run a team with only mono dpt and we have absolutely no trouble due to it. Fire DPT focuses on targets weak to fire, and they die very fast. The same is true for our earth and wind dpt. (etc.)

If the fire kills all the enemies weak to fire before the other mobs are dead, then yes, maybe if they were hybrid, they could help in that situation more. But, maybe they wouldn't of killed those initial enemies as fast if they didn't have that extra 50%ish dmg (which isn't far fetched to say at all).

I do personally find that the extra 50%ish dmg by being mono helps expedite the killing of enemies weak to the corresponding element which does result in enemies dying a bit sooner. A dead enemy typically yields an extra bonus due to less damage being thrown at the group by them and for less clutter on the battlefield. Thus, if going mono makes it so one kills the monsters that are weak to their element faster, which should be true if placement is well at the start of the battle, then when it comes to initial kills, mono yields an advantage.

I would also say being mono isn't hard, but rather, being hybrid allows one to have more targets weak to viable combos one can unleash, which makes it easier for one to get to a target vulnerable to their character. If one is going for maximum impact though, rather than increasing the number of targets vulnerable to them, mono would be the way to go to raise the magnitude of the possible damage in that spectrum of elemental weakness.

It's basically impact of damage vs. expansion of targets viable to do damage to.
Both routes have advantages is the overall truth. Perhaps some group setups lean on which advantage is more meaningful to the group, but I can say confidently that mono and hybrid are both plenty viable and sensible. ^ w ^
Lets say an enemy has equal resist to all elements. Lets say a dpt has a 5AP and 1AP in two elements. Both 5AP spells are 1 use per target or turn. The 5AP spells do 100 base and the 1AP spells do 5 base. Being duel element would allow you much more damage output by using the two 5AP spells instead of a 5AP and five 1AP spells. Obviously this isnt how anyone class is but there are many cases in which it makes more sense to attack with multiple elements to raise your base damage past what you could do with 1 element.

Things you did not address... Flexibility; different spells have different effects. This allows the part to bring more effects to a fight. Focus; Having multiple elements allows for more efficient focus attacks to kill adds quickly one by one. Resist; having duel element allows for more base resist in that element.

Again not saying mono is bad or stupid, im just saying in the vast majority of cases the pros do not outway the cons.

posté March 06, 2014, 06:35:58 | #54
Wow jesus christ.

You literally have, every single item I want, with the sole exclusion of Nettlez. And even then, I have a meridia, and still only slightly stronger.

Judging from the crit/damage you have, I'm guessing it's all well runed as well.

I guess I really underestimate Dathura sometimes haha. I'll wait until I'm wearing something more substancial. Why that ring over Zwombbit Claw out of curiousity?

posté March 06, 2014, 06:47:30 | #55

Quote (IYesWayI @ 06 March 2014 06:33) *

Quote (Flaming-June @ 06 March 2014 05:59) *

Lets say an enemy has equal resist to all elements. Lets say a dpt has a 5AP and 1AP in two elements. Both 5AP spells are 1 use per target or turn. The 5AP spells do 100 base and the 1AP spells do 5 base. Being duel element would allow you much more damage output by using the two 5AP spells instead of a 5AP and five 1AP spells. Obviously this isnt how anyone class is but there are many cases in which it makes more sense to attack with multiple elements to raise your base damage past what you could do with 1 element.

Things you did not address... Flexibility; different spells have different effects. This allows the part to bring more effects to a fight. Focus; Having multiple elements allows for more efficient focus attacks to kill adds quickly one by one. Resist; having duel element allows for more base resist in that element.

Again not saying mono is bad or stupid, im just saying in the vast majority of cases the pros do not outway the cons.
1. That is assuming that the target has equal resists and that the higher %ed damage of the mono wouldn't equal or outdo the extra base dmg added from mixing turn limited abilities.

2. Flexibility in attack effects is a fair point. I think focus goes to mono in terms to being able to kill monsters faster, as long as ones "focuses" on the targets weakest to one's mono element (more elaborated in my post in terms to focus impact vs. expansion though). Duel resists typically adds more total resists, but there are cases where an enemy may exclusively dish out one element, in which mono would be better. So I think this can depend, but I get what you are meaning.

3. I wasn't saying hybrid is bad or stupid. I do personally believe though that a team of monos can clear certain dungeons faster if coordination is well enough, and that the pros and cons are actually pretty fair.

posté March 06, 2014, 08:59:21 | #56

Quote (HateSpawn @ 06 March 2014 06:35) *
Wow jesus christ.

You literally have, every single item I want, with the sole exclusion of Nettlez. And even then, I have a meridia, and still only slightly stronger.

Judging from the crit/damage you have, I'm guessing it's all well runed as well.

I guess I really underestimate Dathura sometimes haha. I'll wait until I'm wearing something more substancial. Why that ring over Zwombbit Claw out of curiousity?
Yeah unfortunately there is only one meridia on dathura right now and I think only 3 nettlez. 2 of the nettlez and the meridia are owned by the same 6 boxing crazy dude in our guild haha :/ I am waiting for the new relics instead of working towards nettlez. I might go for it anyway but we'll see. I am spending all my money on rune related stuff right now so I cant afford to buy fragments.

My weapons are fully runed, my wa seal has 2/2, my HP Glove has 5, and my hat has 6/6/5.

Dathura is more populated than nox was when I left. Elysium isnt the only power horse either. there are a few strong guilds on Dathura. La Symphony Fantastic being the main competitor. We only lag behind in areas that take a lot of time as we have been open much less time than the other servers.

Yeah I also could have traded my epps for a PDB but chose not to for many reasons. Mainly I think the GM epps are the best +AP non-relic off piece and will remain so for a long time. I chose Herr Peece's because the stats are pretty close to zwom and sage but it has 26 init. Cant beat that man. Im thinking about using a dragon pig bandage instead, but I will probably wait until my boots have init in them. Its also much easier to rune. I am holding off on putting it at 10% though until I see what rings come along with the update. I might get impatient though so who knows, especially when I have the perfect powders already.

Quote (Flaming-June @ 06 March 2014 06:47) *
1. That is assuming that the target has equal resists and that the higher %ed damage of the mono wouldn't equal or outdo the extra base dmg added from mixing turn limited abilities.

2. Flexibility in attack effects is a fair point. I think focus goes to mono in terms to being able to kill monsters faster, as long as ones "focuses" on the targets weakest to one's mono element (more elaborated in my post in terms to focus impact vs. expansion though). Duel resists typically adds more total resists, but there are cases where an enemy may exclusively dish out one element, in which mono would be better. So I think this can depend, but I get what you are meaning.

3. I wasn't saying hybrid is bad or stupid. I do personally believe though that a team of monos can clear certain dungeons faster if coordination is well enough, and that the pros and cons are actually pretty fair.
All that is fair to say. The only thing is I think you are confused by what I mean when I say focus. I mean to say that its better for the whole team to focus one mob then it is for everyone to have to find the mob that is low resist to their damage. And as far as the resist thing goes, yes if the enemy happens to have damage in that element it would be better to be mono, but that also makes it likely the enemy will have resist in that element meaning there is a good chance you wont be targeting him anyway. Having resists in two elements doubles the chances of the damage of the enemy and your own resist matching up.

posté March 06, 2014, 10:26:24 | #57
Oh okay, I understand what you mean now when you say focus. Our party actually does have each mono start near the monster weak to their element and fight each one. Typically what happens is either the monster is killed by her alone, or, they are left with low enough hp that any other dpt can finish it on their turn regardless of resists. There are some tougher targets such as gwuards which may take an extra turn though, and there is always the occasional block and such, but it works quite efficiently for us. :3

The resist thing I mentioned usually comes up for bosses. E.g. Magmog and Wa Wabbit, who will mostly hit with earth and fire respectively even if you are mono to that element.

posté March 06, 2014, 11:28:49 | #58
Why do I read posts at 5 am my attention span is too low for this

all I gathered was runes numbers relics and then something from elenore about how good fire sac is

I'm going to sleep I'll reread this in the morning

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-02-13
posté March 19, 2014, 20:47:16 | #59
Hello Yesway, I have an air/earth sac and I've read that its standard for pure air sac to go 1 ap 2 mp when stating up, but is it the same with air/earth? or should i just do 1 ap 1 mp and the the rest of 150 points go somewhere better? thanks in advance  

posté March 20, 2014, 02:24:46 | #60

Quote (Green-Stripe @ 19 March 2014 20:47) *
Hello Yesway, I have an air/earth sac and I've read that its standard for pure air sac to go 1 ap 2 mp when stating up, but is it the same with air/earth? or should i just do 1 ap 1 mp and the the rest of 150 points go somewhere better? thanks in advance
Ideally you want at least 6mp as an end game sac who uses air spells. I personally stat 2mp and 1ap so that I can be 12/7. If you do not have a relic or mp bp you will want to be 10/6. So if you do have an mp breastplate you can certainly get away with only statting 1mp so that you have 6 with an mp bp. That being said I would still stat 2.