No flash

AMA ~Yesway's Sacri Helpline~
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-20
posté April 14, 2014, 23:43:43 | #101

Quote (HateSpawn @ 11 April 2014 15:27) *

Quote (IYesWayI @ 11 April 2014 15:04) *

Quote (HateSpawn @ 11 April 2014 12:56) *
My dillemma -

Attempting to balance base damage across two branches, while at the same time keeping mastery in three.

Currently I'm running with something Mango called "Barf".

Fire - 145 / 20 / 106 / 20 / 145
Air - 20 / 86 / 142 / 145 / 20
Earth - 38 / 14 / 38 / 14 / 14

Basically the problem is I want to have reliable damage on Fury to KO things, I want to be able to zip around the map with Sacri fist (hence 5 range) and I want to be able to rely on Motion Sickness / Assault / Punishment / Blood Rush for DPS.

I'm gonna head to the respec room and I'll probably leave after some light discussion.
Well first of all your fire tree looks fine. I would take a bit out of BTF to get a bit more base. For air I recommend not getting 145 MS as they base damage increases are few and far between. You can really get more out of the tree by only losing a bit in MS. Other than that its always good to have just enough levels to make it so if you lost 1 level you would lose either 1% dmg or 1 base damage.
So delevel the 1 AP spells for more assault levels and more mastery in fire/air?
Basically yes. Do it for the same reason you don't level BTF to max.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-06-29
posté April 15, 2014, 01:13:39 | #102

Quote (Taku- @ 11 April 2014 06:38) *

I'm thinking of making a Sacrier than can both lock tank up to DPig, and DPS as fire/earth, by switching gear sets. That this means is that I'll for-sure stat 100 lock, and (probably) +1 Ap, with a for-sure on +1 MP so far. As for the rest, I'm not sure whether I should bother investing in block (to help tank) or invest in fire/earth (for damage).

With an assumption of 730 points (I think that's the max now, might be like 732?), -200 Lock, -100 MP, -150 AP (iffy on this), that leaves me with 280 points. it costs 225 to max block, or I could use it to put 70 into str/int for damage dealing. I'm uncertain how crucial block is, if there's a nice middle ground you think might be best, or.. what.

For the AP, I think I really only need 9 AP for lock tanking (allowing x3 Rocky Foot, or Rocky Foot + Smasher if I don't need the -dodge), and I can get that without statting it.. though it might take me a while to get one of the +AP lock one-handers, it's possible. And to be honest, I think 9 AP even as fire/earth is fine, it allows BF + Punish + BR and such, and kind of seems ideal unless I can hit 11 or 12 AP.. which I probably can't do for a long time.

To that end, I'm also thinking of something with Spell level distribution like:

Fire: 145/48/74/48/145 (with +2 fire spell levels)
Air: 9/85/9/59/9 (with +1 air spell levels)
Earth: 145/45/45/45/145 (with +2 Earth spell levels)

For 114% fire, 111% Earth, 50% air. I'm wondering if this seems optimized or crap to you, in that I'm trying to maximize fire and earth dmg/res, and get 50% air while having maximum range on Sacrier's fist (it's good to use sometimes for movement). Anything you'd change here? How would you go about this? I know you're more PvP-centric and this is a lot more of a PvE character setup, but figured I'd ask. I know I will have to make some sacrifices by trying to be versatile, but I think (with enough gear to allow it), it seems possible and really fun to be able to do both.

Any thoughts on this so far, Yesway?

My DPS build is planned to be This

My Tank build is planned to be This

And just switching out the gear listed to switch roles.

posté April 15, 2014, 02:18:51 | #103

Quote (Taku- @ 15 April 2014 01:13) *

I'm thinking of making a Sacrier than can both lock tank up to DPig, and DPS as fire/earth, by switching gear sets. That this means is that I'll for-sure stat 100 lock, and (probably) +1 Ap, with a for-sure on +1 MP so far. As for the rest, I'm not sure whether I should bother investing in block (to help tank) or invest in fire/earth (for damage).

With an assumption of 730 points (I think that's the max now, might be like 732?), -200 Lock, -100 MP, -150 AP (iffy on this), that leaves me with 280 points. it costs 225 to max block, or I could use it to put 70 into str/int for damage dealing. I'm uncertain how crucial block is, if there's a nice middle ground you think might be best, or.. what.

For the AP, I think I really only need 9 AP for lock tanking (allowing x3 Rocky Foot, or Rocky Foot + Smasher if I don't need the -dodge), and I can get that without statting it.. though it might take me a while to get one of the +AP lock one-handers, it's possible. And to be honest, I think 9 AP even as fire/earth is fine, it allows BF + Punish + BR and such, and kind of seems ideal unless I can hit 11 or 12 AP.. which I probably can't do for a long time.

For 114% fire, 111% Earth, 50% air. I'm wondering if this seems optimized or crap to you, in that I'm trying to maximize fire and earth dmg/res, and get 50% air while having maximum range on Sacrier's fist (it's good to use sometimes for movement). Anything you'd change here? How would you go about this? I know you're more PvP-centric and this is a lot more of a PvE character setup, but figured I'd ask. I know I will have to make some sacrifices by trying to be versatile, but I think (with enough gear to allow it), it seems possible and really fun to be able to do both.

Hey sorry I did not see that post before. I will edit this post later to answer it. Right now im pretty tired though and it looks like its gonna be a long answer haha.

posté April 15, 2014, 02:27:13 | #104
No problem and yeah, it's kind of a detailed thing I'm asking about. Take your time!

Edit: I should note that the reason for some of the DPS gear choices (like turq tutu and tormented boots, and The cap) are because while they might not be the absolute BiS for my DPS, they can serve as an item slot that works for both the DPS and the lock tank role. The Cap has an excellent amount of lock built in, and Turq tutu and tormented boots (with some runes for lock) can serve as both dps/lock gear, so there's some overlap there. Which I like, and which will help me out versus finding two different pieces for those spots.

This post has been edited by Taku- - April 15, 2014, 04:39:49.
posté April 16, 2014, 10:18:25 | #105

Quote (Taku- @ 15 April 2014 01:13) *

Alright so some things I noticed. Basically you are trying to combine rolls where you cant combine them. Its only now beginning where you can do that. Feca can tank/support, Sadi/Eni/Masq as Healer/DPT. Right now it isnt really possible to lock and dpt. You can lock regular mobs and DPT but you cant really lock any bosses where it is useful to lock them without sacrificing all damage. That being said your lock/dpt set is a nice concept but severely lacking in both departments because the way the game is currently set up. If anything I would try to get tanky dpt gear for when you arent locking. Tormented, clawbot, ect...

As far as your spell tree goes, you chose the right spells for 9ap. You would probably want to level other earth spells if you got 10ap.

Whether you are tanky/lock/dpt what have you block is going to be good. It seems like you want to fulfill a roll in that respect so I would definitely consider stating into block. I do not know how set you are on fire/earth, but air/earth seems to be a better choice in for this sort of set up at the moment because of how tanky dragon pig is. also air does not do self damage.

Either way let me know if I answered your questions as completely as you would have liked me to or if you would like additional input on anything else sac related. Also remember I am not the be all end of all of sacri advice. you may very well make this build work amazingly. This stuff is just my opinion.

posté April 16, 2014, 11:21:41 | #106
Yeah, I'm basically trying to create a build (when it comes to stat points and Spell XP distribution) that allows me to DPS as Fire/Earth with one gear set, and Lock tank at a reasonably competent level with a different set of gear. I don't really expect to be able to ever DPT when I'm in my tanking gear, mind you, just that I could swap gear and change into/out of DPT vs tanking.

And yeah, I noticed you can get a moderate amount of lock while DPT'ng (though gear like The Cap, tormented, Turq, etc), but it would never be enough for a UB like Dpig, or any high level boss. I might actually have to revisit my DPT gear set to ensure I'm not sacrificing possible damage increases in favor of trying to grab lock in my DPT set, because that's not worth it.

That said, I'm fairly taken with Fire (though I like all elements, fire's what I've leveled with and earth is necessary for tanking). I think if I could tank using fire/air I'd probably prefer that, but coag demands earth. I don't expect to ever really use fire spells while tanking though, because the coag and -dodge is pretty vital to making the lock requirements and soaking damage. You're probably right that with Dpig, the best gear setup would be utilizing air/earth, especially considering some of the Saharash gear.

I knew going into this that I'd end up making sacrifices and not being as good as someone spec'd for just one role, but I'm not comfortable being *just* a lock sacrier as my main character who can't do any DPT to anything, so I looked into doing this. I'm okay with not being the best at either if it means I can do both well enough to make them work.

What differences in elemental spells would you suggest if I went for 10 AP with this kind of setup instead of 9? I actually have 10 (using a Z-blade, but only 9 with the soul eater, will take time to get a toxispike) AP, but rocky foot still seems better than crackrock because of the lower AP cost making it easier to stack, and it works well with Smasher (in that you could exchange one smasher for 2 rocky). Honestly not sure how I'd make use of 10 AP for the earth, but 11 or 12 AP might be a different story.

posté April 19, 2014, 04:32:49 | #107

Quote (Taku- @ 16 April 2014 11:21) *
Yeah, I'm basically trying to create a build (when it comes to stat points and Spell XP distribution) that allows me to DPS as Fire/Earth with one gear set, and Lock tank at a reasonably competent level with a different set of gear. I don't really expect to be able to ever DPT when I'm in my tanking gear, mind you, just that I could swap gear and change into/out of DPT vs tanking.

And yeah, I noticed you can get a moderate amount of lock while DPT'ng (though gear like The Cap, tormented, Turq, etc), but it would never be enough for a UB like Dpig, or any high level boss. I might actually have to revisit my DPT gear set to ensure I'm not sacrificing possible damage increases in favor of trying to grab lock in my DPT set, because that's not worth it.

That said, I'm fairly taken with Fire (though I like all elements, fire's what I've leveled with and earth is necessary for tanking). I think if I could tank using fire/air I'd probably prefer that, but coag demands earth. I don't expect to ever really use fire spells while tanking though, because the coag and -dodge is pretty vital to making the lock requirements and soaking damage. You're probably right that with Dpig, the best gear setup would be utilizing air/earth, especially considering some of the Saharash gear.

I knew going into this that I'd end up making sacrifices and not being as good as someone spec'd for just one role, but I'm not comfortable being *just* a lock sacrier as my main character who can't do any DPT to anything, so I looked into doing this. I'm okay with not being the best at either if it means I can do both well enough to make them work.

What differences in elemental spells would you suggest if I went for 10 AP with this kind of setup instead of 9? I actually have 10 (using a Z-blade, but only 9 with the soul eater, will take time to get a toxispike) AP, but rocky foot still seems better than crackrock because of the lower AP cost making it easier to stack, and it works well with Smasher (in that you could exchange one smasher for 2 rocky). Honestly not sure how I'd make use of 10 AP for the earth, but 11 or 12 AP might be a different story.
I would level Punish, BR, and Colonades to 145. CB and RF to 130, and BTR to 60-70. I just really like the cost and aoe of colonades over smasher. That spell is really expensive for the amount of damage it gives and you will be getting the same amount of coag from two colonades as one smasher and rocky foot. you will also get more -dodge with RF x2 and CB x1 than with 3 rocky foots. you could even stat less than 100 lock if you wanted to because of that.

For ability points I would do 1AP, 1MP, 100 Lock, 25 Bock, and 2 Crit. It make for a pretty well balanced character.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2014-03-23
posté May 11, 2014, 06:29:25 | #108
Hi.. I have posted my questions on this thread before.. unfortunately, I still have more.. I hope you can answer them..

well, I have a Sacrier as my character.. a Fire-Sac, actually.. I'm currently level 50 and I'm eyeing towards +1 AP and +1 MP at level 51..

* fire skills are all level 50..
* air skills are around level 20's..
* earth skills are all single digit..
* specialty skills are level 9 Attraction, level 20 Angrrr.. with 55 points to stat.. but I'm still a bit confused to what should I stat next..
* I'm still stuck at Gobbal Set because I can't find anything good enough to replace the +1 AP and the fire damage bonuses of Gobball Set..
* 4MP and 7AP..
* i still haven't had a respec so any modifications would definitely be considered..
question, am I doing ok? if not, what can I do to improve my Sacrier.. thanks in advance..  

This post has been edited by ZargatanaS - May 11, 2014, 06:34:41.
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-05-14
posté May 17, 2014, 01:28:41 | #109
Before I ask my questions, I just wanted to say I think this is great. I've rarely if ever seen high level players encouraging new players to discover the class themselves, experiment with it and play the class there own way while given advice from there own experience. It's a very nice change from player either tell others what do or just putting there build up for others to copy.

I leveled a few others before finding Sacrier to be surprisingly fun, doing a little research, I want to try an make a earth fire sac. I've seen lots of fire/air and earth/air, and I thought that the combination of coagulation and Angrrr staking could make for an effective tank that wasn't purely reliant on a team to deal decent damage. (In theory of course, I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares as I try it, I may be totally off)

Questions:

1. Ability allocations in a tank would be some ratio of HP and Lock if I'm not mistaken, in fire/earth, how much would you allocate to intelligence? Or would it be best to stick with maxing my HP and Lock and leaving my damage buffing to Angrrr?

2. In my mind, the important specialties to max would be Angrrr, Blood pact, Cling to life and Tattooed blood. However, I'm wondering if it is necessary to level Cling in one shot, as an percentage change to not die seems inconsistent. Similarly, tattooed blood only adds extra coagulation at level 10, so I'm wondering if it's worth having before you can put it to 10. Angrrr and Blood pact help at each level and seem beneficial as you level. Let me know if this seems reasonable.

3. I'm not quite sure what skills to use, so I could use some advice on that. However I'd imagine that's also up to me to use various skills and see what works, how, when, where etc.

4. Finally I'd be very grateful for any general advice and things to keep in mind as I play with the idea of an earth/fire sac. It does seem less popular for a reason (I'd say that air serves more utility for a tank in a group, and air also serves as a better compliment to the assault nature of a fire sac) but I'd like to try and see what I can and can't do with it. I'll inevitably fall flat on my face at times but hopefully succeed as well.

posté May 17, 2014, 08:28:06 | #110
It's Yesway's topic but I've just finished gearing out my fire/earth sac for the most part and been playing it for a few weeks, so I figured I'd give input. feel free to disregard if Yesway disagrees/etc.

Tanking at endgame requires you be able to maintain the boss's attention, and to do that you need lock. Lock gear requires you to sacrifice damage for it. A lot of damage. I think I can get to around 375ish dmg% in fire/earth out of battle wearing lock gear/pet/food, which is not enough at endgame to do meaningful dpt in any way. There's room for runes still (~40% dmg I'm missing out on), but that's still nowhere near a level needed to be productive. That's the tradeoff for tanking.

Now you can be 'tanky' and just be harder to hurt/kill, but that can largely also be done with maxing out your resistance runes and having blood pact, things you'll do eventually anyway. There's not a lot of middleground that is worthwhile at endgame.

1.) Don't bother statting HP. you will have ~4k HP from blood pact and gear without any HP statted, and that's more than enough (you'll have sometimes more than double the HP pool of others). Block (for better defense) or crit (for more offense, when not tanking) or str/int (for more dmg/res for both, but mostly offense) will do much better for you. Lock needs to be maxed at 100 for 200 stat points, anything less and you're gimping yourself for tanking unless you already have lock gear with maxed runes to ensure you can hit the numbers needed. Personally, I set 70 in both str/int and I find it works well, but YMMV.

2.) While leveling, ignore tattoo'd blood. Your HP will be lower, meaning less coag, and your fire spells will do a lot more dpt than your earth spells, meaning less reason to use earth to even get coag, and you don't do much (if any) real tanking pre-100, meaning it has no real necessity in the first place. Save it for one of the last things you pick up. Personally, at 145 I have 4/5 passives at 20 with moribund at 10, max Attraction/transpo/life transfer.

3.) this depends a lot on your AP potential (9, 10, or 12 works differently), and what you want to do. Do you want to solely DPT as fire and tank only with earth, or do you want to be able to reasonably DPT with earth as well? imo, if the former, you take rocky foot/crackrock as your AP total allows for max -dodge using a mix of those two. If the latter, take rocky foot and smasher only. Crackrock is a kind of more efficient rocky foot, but often you just want to take a third fire spell more than crackrock when rocky foot is doing the same job, at a more convenient AP amount. I have blood rush, punish, rocky and smasher maxed, BTF at ~75, sac fist at 86 (or w/e it gets range 5 at), with everything else leveled only just for dmg/res of those elements.

4.) Air/fire and Air/earth gear is just plain better than a lot of fire/earth gear at the moment. I'd say that is what tends to give fire/earth part of the bad rap it has for sacs. then there's the fact that if you're not tanking, you really have no reason to go Earth, so air and fire see more use (because you'll always have more dpt sacs than tank sacs, from my experience).

I find the build pretty fun, but I'm considering switching to foggernaut because my guild has enough sacs without me playing one. Hope you can enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you. come back with some updates, in this topic or another one.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-05-14
posté May 17, 2014, 18:31:16 | #111

Quote (Taku- @ 17 May 2014 08:28) *
It's Yesway's topic but I've just finished gearing out my fire/earth sac for the most part and been playing it for a few weeks, so I figured I'd give input. feel free to disregard if Yesway disagrees/etc.

Tanking at endgame requires you be able to maintain the boss's attention, and to do that you need lock. Lock gear requires you to sacrifice damage for it. A lot of damage. I think I can get to around 375ish dmg% in fire/earth out of battle wearing lock gear/pet/food, which is not enough at endgame to do meaningful dpt in any way. There's room for runes still (~40% dmg I'm missing out on), but that's still nowhere near a level needed to be productive. That's the tradeoff for tanking.

Now you can be 'tanky' and just be harder to hurt/kill, but that can largely also be done with maxing out your resistance runes and having blood pact, things you'll do eventually anyway. There's not a lot of middleground that is worthwhile at endgame.

1.) Don't bother statting HP. you will have ~4k HP from blood pact and gear without any HP statted, and that's more than enough (you'll have sometimes more than double the HP pool of others). Block (for better defense) or crit (for more offense, when not tanking) or str/int (for more dmg/res for both, but mostly offense) will do much better for you. Lock needs to be maxed at 100 for 200 stat points, anything less and you're gimping yourself for tanking unless you already have lock gear with maxed runes to ensure you can hit the numbers needed. Personally, I set 70 in both str/int and I find it works well, but YMMV.

2.) While leveling, ignore tattoo'd blood. Your HP will be lower, meaning less coag, and your fire spells will do a lot more dpt than your earth spells, meaning less reason to use earth to even get coag, and you don't do much (if any) real tanking pre-100, meaning it has no real necessity in the first place. Save it for one of the last things you pick up. Personally, at 145 I have 4/5 passives at 20 with moribund at 10, max Attraction/transpo/life transfer.

3.) this depends a lot on your AP potential (9, 10, or 12 works differently), and what you want to do. Do you want to solely DPT as fire and tank only with earth, or do you want to be able to reasonably DPT with earth as well? imo, if the former, you take rocky foot/crackrock as your AP total allows for max -dodge using a mix of those two. If the latter, take rocky foot and smasher only. Crackrock is a kind of more efficient rocky foot, but often you just want to take a third fire spell more than crackrock when rocky foot is doing the same job, at a more convenient AP amount. I have blood rush, punish, rocky and smasher maxed, BTF at ~75, sac fist at 86 (or w/e it gets range 5 at), with everything else leveled only just for dmg/res of those elements.

4.) Air/fire and Air/earth gear is just plain better than a lot of fire/earth gear at the moment. I'd say that is what tends to give fire/earth part of the bad rap it has for sacs. then there's the fact that if you're not tanking, you really have no reason to go Earth, so air and fire see more use (because you'll always have more dpt sacs than tank sacs, from my experience).

I find the build pretty fun, but I'm considering switching to foggernaut because my guild has enough sacs without me playing one. Hope you can enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you. come back with some updates, in this topic or another one.
All very helpful, thank you. I read the few pages thoroughly but only skimmed the last ones (my bad), it does seem I had the same idea as you for a fire/earth sac. The problem that I partially saw coming is that those two roles don't seem like an optimal pair, in fact they seem extremely detrimental to one another. I do want to try it, and see how it works, but I think that, for me, it's more me being a little bit reluctant to fully specialize than anything else. I really do want to fully specialize, but it's not something I'm used to doing and it'll take a little getting used to. Additionally, from what I've read, until the 100+ levels, my 100% dedication to a role isn't as necessary as in the end game, so playing hybrid seems more acceptable (also the fire branch is useful while leveling).

1. I was rally surprised about the HP. Though I do see how putting point into HP may be overkill, I still would have done it left to my own devices. I see crit being very, very good as it adds damage to both elements and help with stacking coag on earth spells (though potentially a risky way to tank). Lock is a given, 100 (200) points there's no question. Block seems a little counter intuitive to me, as damage taken increases your Angrrr. That's why I would have put extra points into HP, letting me take more damage and subsequently buffing my dpt. At the same time, a tank that wants to take damage is counter intuitive in and of itself.

3. AP/MP is something I'm quite struggling with. I know for sure that I need to stat at least 1 in AP, no matter what, and that it is very beneficial to stat at least 1 in MP as well, but I've played the game too little at this point to really understand the various strategies involved in 9/10/12 AP setups. I'll try thinking about it as I play and come back with some more concrete and specific questions.

4. I see. Well, I think the main thing that I really love about sacs, is their're the first tanking class in any game that I've actually enjoyed. So weather I stick with earth/fire of change to earth/air I'm very happy with my primary focus being earth and tanking.

Indeed, I didn't realize how popular sacs where until after I'd chosen to play one, not that I would have let that stop me. Hopefully I'll enjoy playing the class as much as I've enjoyed reading about it. I'll definitely come back with my experiences, but I do expect to be a little underwhelmed as long as I play a dual role. I'll try though and we'll see how it works.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-05-24
posté May 25, 2014, 15:01:31 | #112
Hey,

I know there have been some similar questions already in this thread, but just wanted to ask a bit more specifically for myself.

I'm new to wakfu, and just starting out as an earth sac. Currently playing as a duo with a friend, and if we get addicted will probably add more to our team, partner is currently a fire sram. I don't mind the idea of being a tank build, and I understand that my damage wont be the greatest. I'll number this for ease of answering.

1. It seems as though at end game (which is a very long way away at the moment) it is best to at least double element, and if so, what is a good secondary element to pair with earth? Also earth obviously isn't your element of choice, and I've seen some people bad mouth it, but is it a viable build?

2. Seems like the best stat allocation is AP first, then MP, but what would follow after that for a primarily earth sac? HP, lock, crits?

3. Regarding the specialities, this is my current understanding of importance (in order) - blood pact, tattooed blood, sanguine armour, followed by transp/attract and moribund (taken from what you said in response to another post). Is that correct? If so, is sacrifice/life transfer not useful for this build for some reason? I'm guessing angrrr isn't included because this build isn't really about increasing it's own damage.

4. Also about specialities, what's the best way to level them? Do you max one, and then max the next, and so on? Or is it good to balance them and level them all or groups of them simultaneously?

Thanks for your time  

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté May 25, 2014, 15:35:01 | #113

Quote (Elmandia @ 25 May 2014 15:01) *
Hey,

I know there have been some similar questions already in this thread, but just wanted to ask a bit more specifically for myself.

I'm new to wakfu, and just starting out as an earth sac. Currently playing as a duo with a friend, and if we get addicted will probably add more to our team, partner is currently a fire sram. I don't mind the idea of being a tank build, and I understand that my damage wont be the greatest. I'll number this for ease of answering.

1. It seems as though at end game (which is a very long way away at the moment) it is best to at least double element, and if so, what is a good secondary element to pair with earth? Also earth obviously isn't your element of choice, and I've seen some people bad mouth it, but is it a viable build?

2. Seems like the best stat allocation is AP first, then MP, but what would follow after that for a primarily earth sac? HP, lock, crits?

3. Regarding the specialities, this is my current understanding of importance (in order) - blood pact, tattooed blood, sanguine armour, followed by transp/attract and moribund (taken from what you said in response to another post). Is that correct? If so, is sacrifice/life transfer not useful for this build for some reason? I'm guessing angrrr isn't included because this build isn't really about increasing it's own damage.

4. Also about specialities, what's the best way to level them? Do you max one, and then max the next, and so on? Or is it good to balance them and level them all or groups of them simultaneously?

Thanks for your time

Hijacking!

Typically people always adopt the fire element as their secondary element because of Punishment's insane blitzing capabilities, especially as you approach critical health levels and on your Clinging to Life turn. Earth's coagulation is nice but I find it really only shines when you have a high HP pool and good resistances to compliment it. A lot of endgame builds find the player at ~1'700 to ~1'800 HP before combat and I really think you need a 2'000+ HP pool to make earth really worth it.

Air is a great secondary element because it offers range to your kit, which you may so desperately need to avoid being kited or to distance yourself from mobs and avoid going ham on them too early in a fight. Especially pre-6 or pre-7 MP. It also comes with utility, such as Sacrier's Fist which is essentially a suped up version of Iop's Flatten spell to get close up to your enemy (the spell requires leveling to increase its range).

Angrr and Clinging to Life are pretty vital to a Sacrier's build if they plan to be doing any damage at all. Moribund is less important than Angrr on all accounts. If you want to be useful for a team, level Life Transfer and neglect Sacrifice (LT is much better).

Max one specialty at a time.

• Mango

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté May 30, 2014, 18:00:52 | #114
I'm at 2k HP o.o

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-06-04
posté June 05, 2014, 15:21:25 | #115
Hello, I'd like to get some more insight into earth/air sacs as far as their versatility goes. I currently decided to attempt to add a tank/tanky support type char to my team (currently 2 DDs and a fire/water eni). My question is do you think it is possible to balance earth/air build to have both lock tanking options and some minor to moderate damage? I don't expect to be able to do everything all the time but with swapping gear around do you think I could be effective at tanking at higher level dungeons or bosses OR supporting and dealing some damage while grinding regular/leveling content that doesn't really require a tank?

For stats I'm thinking 1AP, 1MP, 100 lock and rest into either kit or block. (probably kit until I hit cap). For spells I was thinking Assault and Motion Sickness from air and Rocky foot + undecided spell from earth (colonnades, crackrock blow, smasher maybe?). As I've mentioned I don't expect this to deal major damage as that is the role of my dds, but I hope this not to be totally dead in the water in terms of DPT when needed and still be competent at lock tanking with the right gear. Thoughts?

P.s. What are your thoughts of the upcoming lock changes and how they will impact lock tanking?

Thank you in advance!

This post has been edited by Twidle - June 05, 2014, 15:43:56.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-10-23
posté July 05, 2014, 19:54:58 | #116
I'm started a new Sacrier, and, i always played with sacrier fire, but i seen the evolution of sets for the creation of build's multi-elements. And i want know what you think about this (Build Fire/Air or only fire).
I want a sacrier more to PVP than PVE.
So...
WHAT SET CHOOSE?
WHAT STATS?
AND PASSIVES?

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2014-06-28
posté July 29, 2014, 17:39:30 | #117
Hello, i just joined Wakfu few weeks before FTP and screwed up a Cra, but now im thinking of playing a Sacrier, i saw a old guild which is Hp-Scar build @ Click here however it was outdated, i intend to play a Fire/Air Sacrier and was wondering if i should pump stats into HP or go with Crit Chance? Lastly, do i put stats point asap into MP and AP? if not when do i put this stats in?