Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

500+ Lock Sac
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-09-01
posté March 19, 2014, 20:31:08 | #1
500+ Lock Sac So I've seen images and people saying they naturally have 500+, 550, 575/etc lock, but in reality, is there an actual point to having *that much* lock when you're using earth spells which lower dodge a noticeable amount? It seems to me they aren't (in these scenarios) counting on using rocky foot/crackrock blow's -dodge to effectively raise their lock further, and is there a reason for that? do UB's ignore -dodge as some quality I don't know about them?

3 rocky foot @ 100 = -90 dodge, which is a huge amount and easily obtained, but I'm not really sure if anyone is taking that into account (or why they wouldn't be, if so). 2 rocky's + 1 crackrock is -105 dodge from 1 ap more.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-01-14
posté March 19, 2014, 23:00:44 | #2
It would probably be for Sacrier's who don't use earth spells as their main element, like myself for example, I am primarily a fire Sacrier with 283 lock (and still gaining more) I rarely use earth spells so I rely on my natural lock from my armor, bowmeow, and stated lock, as lock is very useful in denying an enemy multiple assets, including their actual turn when they try to run away and fail. That way I can still dish out my fire damage, tank the enemy damage, and keep the enemy off of my teammates by keeping him focused on me.

Short Strich * Member Since 2013-01-04
posté March 19, 2014, 23:48:13 | #3
Of course there is. Having 570+ lock is mandatory if you're intending to do high end content. Almost all of the end game dungeons right now require a lock tank including the UB Dragon Pig.

posté March 19, 2014, 23:55:35 | #4

Quote (Taku- @ 19 March 2014 20:31) *
So I've seen images and people saying they naturally have 500+, 550, 575/etc lock, but in reality, is there an actual point to having *that much* lock when you're using earth spells which lower dodge a noticeable amount? It seems to me they aren't (in these scenarios) counting on using rocky foot/crackrock blow's -dodge to effectively raise their lock further, and is there a reason for that? do UB's ignore -dodge as some quality I don't know about them?

3 rocky foot @ 100 = -90 dodge, which is a huge amount and easily obtained, but I'm not really sure if anyone is taking that into account (or why they wouldn't be, if so). 2 rocky's + 1 crackrock is -105 dodge from 1 ap more.

Well, to start wa wabbit requires 715 lock for a 95% lock chance(or 765 lock if you wanna lock him with shawpshootews alive). And considering that every turn you dont lock him the team cant damage him, so its another turn of him doing 900 damage to three people (that usually are at high heal resists at this point of the fight), its kinda important that the tank can lock him reliably.

Its probably just because those tanks fight or want to fight very high level content. DP isn’t the hardest fight anymore, hasn't been for a while.

Even for DP higher lock might be interesting because DP will play before the sac's turn, and if he escapes on his first turn (when you didn’t reduce dodge yet) it might complicate the set-up phase considerably and give the eni unnecessary belligerence. I think most veteran teams can deal with this just fine, but it can be a fatal beginning for some. So its nice to have enough lock to trap DP without the use of any abilities.

Basically high lock is a requirement for fights very few players know of.

This post has been edited by YetAnotherNewbie - March 19, 2014, 23:57:53.