Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Earth sac advice
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2008-07-18
posté May 25, 2014, 11:32:11 | #1
Earth sac advice Hey all,

I'm just starting out at wakfu, and I'm making an earth sac. I'm aware that they are mostly for tanking, and their damage will be pretty bad, just in case anyone was going to say "it's a bad idea" xD.

What I am mostly after is some advice about what to do with my points for both abilities and sacrier specialties. This is in terms of if I should add AP first then all vit, or should I add lock/crits/strength. Also what specialities do people find most useful?

At the moment I've got points in sanguine armour, angrr, blood pact and tattooed blood. Some of the affects are pretty pathetic at low levels, so is it a good idea to max one at a time, or to slowly level them all in parallel?

At this point I'm thinking of just doing omni strength, but if strength/something else is really useful, then please let me know

I'm only a tiny level at the moment, so I haven't done any major damage, but I'm kind of lost as to what to do with points in future xD

Thanks,
Elm

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2008-03-15
posté May 25, 2014, 18:47:51 | #2
Its best to focus on one at a time. I'd really advise not going full earth until high levels. The damage is so bad you will need groups and you don't really need tanks in groups until a higher level

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-10-26
posté May 25, 2014, 22:29:31 | #3
You're right about earth sacs not really being playing a DD role; Smasher is a great spell and does pretty great damage but most of the time you'll either (a) not have the Angrr for it, or (b) be too busy stealing dodge or transpo-ing or other Sac things. That being said, low damage output usually means slow leveling if you're by yourself, so you'll want to level with a party or get power leveled (so you can actually get to the point where people need proper tanks)

It's better to level specialties and passives one at a time - attraction is an extremely important skill for Sacs since that's a major MP-saving spell, so if you haven't leveled that yet start working on it XD Transpo as well, and then Sacrifice. You don't really need Angrr, that's a damage passive and not high priority for a tank build.

The standard 1 AP 1 MP applies here; after that I personally like statting Block - that really comes in handy and keeps your coag from running out too quickly. Some people prefer going the HP route; that's fine too. I had considered statting some Crit for extra coag, but most tank gear doesn't have much crit to begin with so it's not really as effective as statting block or HP.

Alternatively... you could go the hybrid route and switch between DD and tank, and have different sets of gear for either role.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2006-01-12
posté August 04, 2014, 15:57:33 | #4

Quote (QwERTMichael @ 25 May 2014 18:47) *
Its best to focus on one at a time. I'd really advise not going full earth until high levels. The damage is so bad you will need groups and you don't really need tanks in groups until a higher level

People so often say that Earth Sacriers are bad to level up on lower levels. Honestly, I don't quite get it. I started playing wakfu and my first character was a pure earth sacrier. I loved it. I hardly ever joined groups. Preferred to level alone and was doing fine. But then again, my standards weren't high at all back then. So maybe that's why. I just didn't know any better. Anyways, so it is very well doable. But maybe not if you're used to better.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté August 05, 2014, 00:03:49 | #5

Quote (Senka @ 04 August 2014 15:57) *

Quote (QwERTMichael @ 25 May 2014 18:47) *

People so often say that Earth Sacriers are bad to level up on lower levels. Honestly, I don't quite get it. I started playing wakfu and my first character was a pure earth sacrier. I loved it. I hardly ever joined groups. Preferred to level alone and was doing fine. But then again, my standards weren't high at all back then. So maybe that's why. I just didn't know any better. Anyways, so it is very well doable. But maybe not if you're used to better.
it's doable but its way better to just level as fire.