Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

FinroyThePupp...'s profile
Statistics
538 Posts (0.87 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 29, 2014, 13:49:52 | #1
Besides title is just a suggestion. Because it is more convinient to kill the witch reflections with a party of 6. But first room it is far more better to do with just 2 people. Though even second room is much easier to just duo.

This post has been edited by FinroyThePuppeteer - October 29, 2014, 13:51:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791421  Replies : 15  Views : 654
posté October 29, 2014, 12:27:01 | #2
Well, that could be good for sure. Spawn rate or the ammount of mobs. Because there is no fun in event where all mobs are being wiped out in first two minutes.

This post has been edited by FinroyThePuppeteer - October 29, 2014, 12:27:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791401  Replies : 37  Views : 918
posté October 29, 2014, 11:25:48 | #3

Quote (Chompers @ 29 October 2014 11:12) *
It's better to go in with 3-4 people as the monsters will be weaker and you can separate the healers then.

I just like that you start the boss fight and it instant completes and you win.

That and this of course where you can't finish it:

Best to go first room 2 ppl, second is whatever u want.
And boss can get bugged and fight will end right away. Dunno what causes it.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791393  Replies : 41  Views : 2398
posté October 29, 2014, 11:10:21 | #4

Quote (Evrir @ 29 October 2014 11:05) *
This even is an utter disappointment. I waited for an entire month for this seeing it was my first Seasonal Event in Wakfu and its utterly awful. The low spawn rates is one thing but to the fact that they hardly spawn even during the environmental mini quest makes this extremely painful to do almost a chore and downright not worth the effort. To mention even if you claim some there is a chance someone will hop into the group and kill you like they did me by using the whole 'skills can damage' allies crud. I can imagine it being more bearable if there was more spawns and even your own private instance to kill 5 of the monsters every so often but this is just... no..
Lock your fights, this is first thing I learned in Wakfu. If you don't want to be interrupted by people you don't want in your fights - go to options and select - lock your fights.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791390  Replies : 41  Views : 2398
posté October 29, 2014, 10:36:15 | #5

Quote (Evrir @ 29 October 2014 09:57) *
This is my first actual Halloween on Wakfu so I'm curious to where the mobs spawn at. I've looked up and down Astrub and haven't found a single one.. so I assume they spawn in a location or they're all being killed. A little help would be appreciated x.x
The problem with ghouls and gobbals is that:
1) their spawn rate is set and is quite low
2) there is too much players rushing in to kill them at once
3) in about 2-3 minutes after mobs spawn map is wiped clean of them entirely
4) the Al Howin challenge mobs don't spawn regularily, they are mixed together with Astrub challenges, which makes you to wait for another wave some 5-10 minutes

This post has been edited by FinroyThePuppeteer - October 29, 2014, 10:37:36.
Reason for edit : edit
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791385  Replies : 12  Views : 570
posté October 28, 2014, 15:20:39 | #6

Quote (DarkNoticalX @ 28 October 2014 14:42) *
Finroy multiboxing seems to be a big issue. Some people want to and some people do not. I personaly do not like the idea of having more then one account. I do use multimen and I have to say those were one of the best add ons to help solo players. They are still however not the answer to the problem as a whole.

Jooniper you can do what you said. It is not a difficult task, but can you say that leveling with a group of 5-6 is not 3 times faster? The point is the differences are way to great. Yea the game is a heavy team based team, but they do not give us better options to create teams. I do not want them to add instance per say, but I would like them to add a recruitment board or something to that degree.
There were some screenshots and some discussions from beta server about the currently being tested Group Finder. Maybe it will relieve the tension for people seeking parties a bit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791079  Replies : 45  Views : 844
posté October 28, 2014, 09:21:06 | #7

Quote (ReiYano @ 28 October 2014 08:36) *

Quote (Sabi @ 28 October 2014 04:39) *
Hi everyone,

Your feedback is being shared with the team and I appreciate that the thread is back on track as far as not taking a different turn and forcing me to have to close it. It is very important that we know your likes and dislikes so thank you for those comments which are helping us to do so.

We hope to be able to create promotions that are localized player based wishes to see in the Shop so please feel free to propose any that you wish to see in the future also.

alright here are a few shop item suggestions:

- More costumes and mounts! What would be cool is mounts that are not dragos. There are a lot of possibilities I think. Mounts that float/hover/fly slightly above the ground. maybe.... Maybe a giant tofu with stubby lil feet XD

- More ways to customize. Auras, intro battle animations, more dramatic spell animations, death animations, battle taunts/emotes, Get creative with it! Maybe HUD and menu skins! I could go on and on! The fact is people want to look really strong/evil/cute/sexy/etc

-more haven bags.... maybe haven bag auras? make them a bit pricey... so only dedicated merchants would want to buy one to get more notice.

- In game events? Maybe make weddings a purchasable event... or birthdays... etc. people could gift birthday events. to surprise their friends... I am sure I can think of more.

please PLEASE no rentals. for the love of all that is holy.
how about no to these particular things? It's just already reminding me of some casual MMOs out there and it makes me shudder.
More cotumes - ok.
More mounts - maybe. But for love of all holy - let's stop on something reasonable. Not making it a circus.
About customization, haven bag auras, weddings and stuff as i said - let's not turn Wakfu into another casual P2W MMO. I played enough Maplestory to know where this whole thing may lead...

This post has been edited by FinroyThePuppeteer - October 28, 2014, 09:25:16.
Reason for edit : editing, adding
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791018  Replies : 69  Views : 1679
posté October 28, 2014, 08:22:29 | #8
Well, it is a MMO game after all. It forces you to play with others either way or another. Of course for a solo player is just other option is multiboxing right now, but not everyone is happy with that. Guilds do help a lot, yet even now, judging from what is state around, major guilds have this problem that most of their members long time ago passed 100 or even 120-130 level barrier and if someone under 100 or around it joins he may find it difficult to find any activity for himself unless someone decides to help him out from kindness of heart or, well, boredom.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791004  Replies : 45  Views : 844
posté October 24, 2014, 13:22:18 | #9

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 24 October 2014 13:18) *

Quote (FinroyThePuppeteer @ 24 October 2014 08:47) *
You silly poor lost souls. You think Ankama hears your cries? That Ankama for whom it takes weeks and months in support to answer to people tickets?
And as someone said - tis is the French community who is set as the priority not the rest of the rest of funny talking English community. They may hear us cry, but this doesn't mean they reach out and pat us on the disheveled greasy hair. Why should elegance befriend the barbaric?
Ok, jokes aside... Just, get already that some things in this community will either not pass or take too long time to even get to the development team. Until you won't make a big enough fuss over it you won't be noticed.
~Poetesse
You guys are clearly delusional if this is what you believe.

The french servers are on fucking lock down with all this f2p bullshit they don't want anybody from the french servers leaving to play f2p even the english players

You guys have been getting so many new things while were stuck in some old crusty fantasy world where the servers are dying and ankama thinks its totally okay because their ego is so big that they can't admit that the french servers need the change just as bad as you guys did.
And you Mikeh need to learn words IRONY and SARCASM.

This post has been edited by FinroyThePuppeteer - October 24, 2014, 13:22:57.
Reason for edit : editing
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789941  Replies : 66  Views : 1548
posté October 24, 2014, 09:14:40 | #10

Quote (Asriah @ 24 October 2014 09:09) *
You are allowed the privilege of playing this game without spending a single penny.

So what if Ankama adds an incentive that doesn't actually change anything as what you are seeing has been the case for a while now.
See? This guy knows what is going on.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789898  Replies : 66  Views : 1548
posté October 24, 2014, 08:47:58 | #11
You silly poor lost souls. You think Ankama hears your cries? That Ankama for whom it takes weeks and months in support to answer to people tickets?
And as someone said - tis is the French community who is set as the priority not the rest of the rest of funny talking English community. They may hear us cry, but this doesn't mean they reach out and pat us on the disheveled greasy hair. Why should elegance befriend the barbaric?
Ok, jokes aside... Just, get already that some things in this community will either not pass or take too long time to even get to the development team. Until you won't make a big enough fuss over it you won't be noticed.
~Poetesse

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789894  Replies : 66  Views : 1548
posté October 21, 2014, 09:05:36 | #12

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 21 October 2014 08:59) *
I wish someone could explain me why the wakfu fanbase is so divided over the Eliatropes. I personally have no qualm with them in the cartoon and wouldn't mind them appearing here in the game too, but this very idea makes an entire crowd rear.
Lore followers vs ppl who dont mind.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789111  Replies : 174  Views : 7391
posté October 07, 2014, 17:28:11 | #13
Al Howin = Halloween. And when Halloween starts? Right - in end of month. So be waiting updates.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785382  Replies : 12  Views : 759
posté October 07, 2014, 09:37:51 | #14
The thing with this advertisement is that 1) things brought are misleading 2) 30 day DLC also doesn't include Protoflex sidekick 3) even though this give information may be given as an example, it is a bad one. People may and will go for it and then start complaining.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785239  Replies : 29  Views : 927
posté October 04, 2014, 09:43:03 | #15
I want Fogger dimension. Steampunk Stasispunk. A lot of my guildies are hyped about the thought to get their furry paws over to the Ecaflip dimension and guessing what it will look like.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #784237  Replies : 33  Views : 934
posté October 03, 2014, 11:36:52 | #16

Quote (Acherian @ 03 October 2014 11:16) *
Ok, well i like it so far tho it's just some things that bother me a little which i wrote.

But what do you guys do for fun and why do you stick with the game?.

Btw can i learn all the proffesions and such?.

I used to play some dofus when i was a lot younger, many years ago but i briefly remember that i could only pick 2 proffesions?
Yup you can level all professions to 100, but it sure requires a lot of dedication and time.
FUN is a really such definition that I can't say for everyone in the game, because there are many people and many ways to get "fun". Some pvp, some do dungeons together, some chat between long series of runs, some dedicate time to leveling professions (though this is a doubtful fun).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783858  Replies : 12  Views : 465
posté October 03, 2014, 08:34:43 | #17
My suggestion for new players about lore - study up a bit on the General Forum Lore topic, also there is a Class Gods topic somewhere, which is a very interesting topic IMHO if to handle it from the point of the lore.
From the point of view of game - there are the main questline and daily quests, what are given out by Otomai disciples and Mercenaries. Questline indeed dies out quite fast after you complete some certain parts, but daily quests reward you with exp each day you do them and there is also a progression as you do them to more complicated and more rewarding parts.
Also I would suggest to not be lazy and take up a quest for tires so to say and go for leveling some profession - trapper, baker, farmer. If you plan to stick around in the game you will find it useful.
About the future of the game - we do indeed have seasonal events and some Ankama released events concerning either weekends or some certain holiday. But right now probably the release of new Dimensions is that exactly is in the store and more balancing.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783823  Replies : 12  Views : 465
posté October 03, 2014, 08:24:13 | #18
Plausible dates for the October updates anyway are 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th. Because they are Tuesdays. Of which I am more confident they will put it to the 28th because of the Halloween event to coop both of things.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783816  Replies : 19  Views : 1065