Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Pandawa changes postponed?
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-03-18
posté October 08, 2013, 04:56:56 | #1
Pandawa changes postponed? I read on the French forums that the changes to Pandawas are likely to be postponed in order to prioritize the Feca rework (likely to around December/January). I find this a little disappointing, but instead of complaining I would like to instead use it as an opportunity to talk about the changes.

I was reading the possible changes thread (it's rather old now, I know), but I am a little concerned about some of the proposed alterations. I play a water panda atm, so I will focus on those changes.

Water branch: This branch becomes a real support tree that can heal in aoe, apply Dizzy et deal low damage. Water spells that hit allies don't apply Dizzy but Euphoria instead. Euphoria gives a bonus to resists, the same way Dizzy gives a penalty. Milky Breath : Can now heal if targeted on an ally. Low heal Splash of Milk : Damage to one target if the barrel isn't targeted. Heal aoe if the barrel is targeted. Applies Dizzy and Euphoria. Cross aoe. Bubble Trouble : Damage to one target if the barrel isn't targeted. Heal aoe if the barrel is targeted. Applies Dizzy and Euphoria. Square aoe (3x3). Milk Wave : Damage to one target if the barrel isn't targeted. If the barrel is targeted, creates a glyph (circle area of 2). Allies in the Glyph area in the beginning of their turn are healed. The glyph is destroyed if a barrel is placed or destroyed. Has a WP cost. Milk Fountain : Damage to one target if the barrel isn't targeted. Heal aoe if the barrel is targeted. Applies Dizzy and Euphoria. Square aoe (3x3).

The way they are presented makes it seem as though Pandawas lose the ability to damage in an AoE, and instead all of their AoE will be healing. Which could be fine, I like the idea of healing. But every other water panda I have talked to already loves the way the water spells work (myself included), it is an incredibly fun class, and it would be sad to see things changed too much.

Instead what I propose is a slight change to open bar. I suggest that all the water spells are kept basically identical to how they work now, but with the change that any time spells hit an ally instead of doing damage and applying dizzy, they apply euphoria.

Additionally, open bar would have a similar effect as milky instinct. Whenever the barrel is in play, when an ally with the euphoria buff attacks there is a 1%/20% chance that the ally is healed. The healing imo would probably be something like the base damage of the spell used in the attack, but modified by the panda's +water dmg%/heal% instead of the allies dmg.

What do you guys think? Do you like the idea? or do you like the proposed changes? what do you think about the possible delay to panda rework? I like the idea of adding resists to allies and doing some healing, but honestly the water tree is so much fun right now, that I dont think I want to see it changed. I know some of the other water pandas I talked to think the same?

This post has been edited by MhealAenere - October 08, 2013, 04:58:04.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté October 08, 2013, 16:12:33 | #2
I saw the same thread and Hush appears on it saying that is not confirmed yet. Lets follow the thread in the french forum.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-16
posté October 08, 2013, 16:47:30 | #3
Yeah, check the date that info was released. I'm pretty sure those are the old possible changes. I believe those were Kwoc ( kwac ?) 's changes. Now Grou is in charge of the changes.

I believe sram was meant to be next and feca last, but they are moving feca to next month, so yea every other revamp was postponed by one more month. Now that the order has changed. Who knows which class will be next

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté October 09, 2013, 01:58:34 | #4
These changes on the pandawa were originally scheduled for implementation on november, but the devs decided to work on feca before and since they can't really assure when they will be working on the rest of the classes, it is uncertain when the pandas will be healers.

This post has been edited by aoibasaka - October 09, 2013, 01:59:24.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté October 09, 2013, 21:32:22 | #5

Quote (aoibasaka @ 09 October 2013 01:58) *
These changes on the pandawa were originally scheduled for implementation on november, but the devs decided to work on feca before and since they can't really assure when they will be working on the rest of the classes, it is uncertain when the pandas will be healers.

THAT IS NOT CONFIRMED YET!!!