Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 19 Septangel
Me Hearty Party
A whole day in honour of pirates: that's the dream that Seth Halitosis, modest corsair from the ...

No flash

Pandawa Style
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté April 28, 2014, 05:55:33 | #1
Pandawa Style Hi, hello, this post is written mostly to the person or persons that are re-designing the pandawa. It's just a strong request that I have; one that also has a hint of suggesiton but really, a request in the end. What I share, others are welcome to give their inputs on, but no need to go overboard.

Please make Pandawas be a martial arts oriented class. The fire branch would be the best candidate.
Make the spells/mechanics be grounded in ways that can fulfill that niche. I will not suggest how to make it as such, as I have too many ideas, but I will leave that hopefully to the creative minds behind the company's logo.

-----------------

A long long time ago, Pandawas used to have an air branch instead of the present day fire, and in general, the moves looked, and sounded better than the ones we have today for the Pandawa. The pandawa is clearly a knock off of buddist monks, so why not give them moves that fit that? Make it happen please.

For those of you that aren't aware of a time when Pandawas had an air branch, legend speaks of websites(such as the one below) that still hold proof of their existance. The Air Pandawa!! (lightning&thunder.wav). Now this isn't to say I want, or don't want an air branch back, I simply want the class to be more focused on martial art type maneuvers and tactics. Thanks.

Legendary site

This post has been edited by IDCAA - April 28, 2014, 06:09:04.
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2012-03-14
posté April 28, 2014, 08:33:52 | #2
I agree, if there's any chance of making pandawas martial artists (which is actually one of the class' concept) at least with only one branch, it could be cool, i mean do we have enough pandawushu among our spells?

PS: Here's a video in which we can see one pandawa using a couple air spells (finishing with an earth spell that is a martial art like kick)

Wakfu Classes: Pandawa's Pint - Sherpa Warriors: Click here

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-12-27
posté April 28, 2014, 13:40:34 | #3
PLEASE ANKAMA!!

PLEASE!!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté April 28, 2014, 16:07:12 | #4
I'd be happy with a martial style branch but i'd only accept losing the earth branch. I love water and dizzy effects, especially with the barrel. I love the Fire AoE's and it's the center of my panda build.

posté April 28, 2014, 17:59:44 | #5
I dont think they would need to erase a whole branch in order to apply kung fu movements xD

For example there's the earth branch which could allow the pandas to have more than one fighting style thanks to the barrel

Now, we could talk a lot about it but wasnt the revamp supposed to be released this month? So we can assume its almost done or near...

This post has been edited by camapheus - April 28, 2014, 18:05:51.
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté April 29, 2014, 05:22:20 | #6

Quote (camapheus @ 28 April 2014 08:33) *

Wakfu Classes: Pandawa's Pint - Sherpa Warriors: Click here
Yes! You! Thanks. lol, I've been looking for this video to share with my friend. Couldn't find it~

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-12-27
posté April 30, 2014, 11:33:22 | #7

Quote (camapheus @ 28 April 2014 17:59) *
I dont think they would need to erase a whole branch in order to apply kung fu movements xD

For example there's the earth branch which could allow the pandas to have more than one fighting style thanks to the barrel

Now, we could talk a lot about it but wasnt the revamp supposed to be released this month? So we can assume its almost done or near...
The problem with Earth is that you have to carry a barrel and it's totally making you lack in being a hybrid panda. you'll do less damage a turn because of summoning the barrel, picking up a barrel, throwing it, then picking it up. that's 5 ap on the 1st turn. 3ap any other turn. every ap is important. The barrel needs to go. it looks good on paper, but it is crap.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-02-02
posté April 30, 2014, 11:44:51 | #8
The old Air Pandawa used to be fully oriented into martial arts, sadly they've replaced it by fire. There are some old videos in youtube that show the gameplay of the air branch.

I think that some classes really could have a fourth element, the ones who wouldn't be able would not necessarily be weaker, they'd be less versatile, however, to maintain balance, they could get some stronger elemental spells for their usual branches.

This post has been edited by Niddhoggy - April 30, 2014, 11:46:03.
posté April 30, 2014, 14:17:10 | #9

Quote (Elira @ 30 April 2014 11:33) *

Quote (camapheus @ 28 April 2014 17:59) *

The problem with Earth is that you have to carry a barrel and it's totally making you lack in being a hybrid panda. you'll do less damage a turn because of summoning the barrel, picking up a barrel, throwing it, then picking it up. that's 5 ap on the 1st turn. 3ap any other turn. every ap is important. The barrel needs to go. it looks good on paper, but it is crap.
i was trying to explain that they could make pandas able to fight with their punches when not carrying the barrel, instead of having 80% of the branch disbaled.

Also i came up with the idea that the fire or water spells could have differente effects in melee scope, these being the martial art movements of course.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-02-06
posté May 25, 2014, 01:05:37 | #10
+1 for that

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté May 25, 2014, 01:10:36 | #11
Please Ankama  

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-04-16
posté May 25, 2014, 01:14:30 | #12
Oh, how i miss the Martial Artist Pandawa