Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

WwhitecrowW's profile
Statistics
420 Posts (0.3 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté November 27, 2014, 19:59:18 | #1
Tell them that an +3 Earth Shushu emblem is on the market for 300,000 kk. They'll leave the battle so quick. You win. ^.^

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #801717  Replies : 6  Views : 599
posté November 27, 2014, 19:56:24 | #2
At 55% crits, I had 16 hits on my air rogue with 0 crits. 12 slapshot + 3 extra hit + BBQ ribs. This is a common thing. Beware the math - it lies.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #801716  Replies : 9  Views : 291
posté November 25, 2014, 05:47:35 | #3

Quote (ChuckIevoodoo @ 25 November 2014 05:32) *

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 25 November 2014 02:02) *
- New content is supposed to be more and more difficult and is created for the specialty revamp and the new class revamps. As more classes are revamped - the "leftover" classes fall further and further behind as new content is released. I believe this is a fair method in order to keep up with the content.

- Similarly, revamps can make/break a class (they have before). If you love your class for certain reasons and a revamp completely breaks it, I believe it is fair to be able to have your hard work show some fruit.

- This is also kin to a makeshift character transfer. If you have multiple accounts, you can allocate your characters onto one account.

I like the idea personally for the above reasons. Yes, I believe people will abuse this system - and that will be upsetting. However I believe that this will be a great help to people who have been frustrated with changes to their characters.

- This is also kin to a makeshift character transfer. If you have multiple accounts, you can allocate your characters onto one account.
???
Basically - I have multiple high lvl characters on one account just sitting collecting dust. (i'm sure many people have this). This is essentially a character transfer because I could turn them into my characters i use on my other accounts. So I now only have one account I use. So I essentially consolidated my "main" characters to one account.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800700  Replies : 100  Views : 1806
posté November 25, 2014, 02:02:17 | #4
- New content is supposed to be more and more difficult and is created for the specialty revamp and the new class revamps. As more classes are revamped - the "leftover" classes fall further and further behind as new content is released. I believe this is a fair method in order to keep up with the content.

- Similarly, revamps can make/break a class (they have before). If you love your class for certain reasons and a revamp completely breaks it, I believe it is fair to be able to have your hard work show some fruit.

I like the idea personally for the above reasons. Yes, I believe people will abuse this system - and that will be upsetting. However I believe that this will be a great help to people who have been frustrated with changes to their characters.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800637  Replies : 100  Views : 1806
posté November 24, 2014, 20:34:54 | #5
Especially great if you don't like the revamps you can opt for a different class. Reasoning is you made the class for the previous build, so instead of wasting time starting over - you can choose a class that fits your play style vs play a play style that was forced onto you.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800533  Replies : 100  Views : 1806
posté November 23, 2014, 20:57:06 | #6

Quote (Flaming-June @ 23 November 2014 18:49) *

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 23 November 2014 18:26) *

Quote (Flaming-June @ 23 November 2014 10:52) *
@WwhitecrowW 12 AP is the best because it allows better base damage which has extremely more weight than dmg% at higher levels (thus why 12 ap is popular). If a spell doesn't work well with a 12 ap base, then the spell will simply not be picked from those optimizing damage which is most players.
It all comes down to AP efficiency. If a class is more efficient with 11 ap, people will choose an 11 ap build. The problem is, most classes have such low ap costs with spells that it is too easy to optimize and go for 12 ap instead (which as you said allows better base damage). I think by both increasing the power/interest of 5 ap spells and the future spell revamp, 11 ap builds will become viable.

ex: Water/Air Masq optimized at 11 ap due to spell costs. Earth/Air cra is optimized at 11 ap due to spell costs. Its rare for it to happen, but if 5 ap becomes an arguably decent spell, 11 ap builds start to work.

So - basically I agree with you that is how it is now. I just have a different idea on how to change it so 11 ap becomes more interesting in the future - vs having everything optimized for 12 ap.
The problem with that is things optimized for 12 ap will always be better than things optimized for 11 ap unless the 11 ap is making better use of mp/wakfu. Eg. 11ap + 2mp vs 12 ap or 11 ap +4 mp vs 12 + 2mp (etc.). As such, it's generally in the class's best interest to be optimized for 12 ap. Forcing a class to optimize at 11 ap typically will just mean the class is going to lose damage than if it was optimized for 12 ap.

The reason for this is actually very forward, spells go by a cost-output system in which ap plays a heavy part in determining spell base damage. As such, rather than taking away from classes by pushing support for 11 or lower ap, if they want to make 11 ap more viable at later levels, it would be better to make non ap epics / relics offer more.

I think this can be seen in golden keychain in which it gives a mp / range. It won't allow as good damage as a 12 ap setup, but it certainly is the best choice for optimizing kiting abilities. When it comes to raw damage though, it makes sense that 12 ap is better and I believe the devs are aware of this and intend for it to be so.

Although this is an interesting topic, it is getting a bit off track from the Pandawa Revamp and more so on game mechanics in general. I hope what I said made sense to you though.
I understand your point - and agree with it as it is now. I'm just hoping that they make 5 ap spells interesting enough that it can be optimizable using them to form a competitive 11 ap build (in order to encourage builds other than 12 ap). You brought up a good point that another solution would be to make the non-ap relics/epics more interesting to use.

Somewhat off topic - but at the same time my feedback to the forum is to keep 5 ap spells (not turn to 4 ap) to encourage other build types - but if they do this it would be best if they make 5 ap spells more interesting. (yes 4 ap would make it much easier to fit into a combination - I just like high spell costs).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800197  Replies : 512  Views : 14039
posté November 23, 2014, 18:26:18 | #7

Quote (Flaming-June @ 23 November 2014 10:52) *
@WwhitecrowW 12 AP is the best because it allows better base damage which has extremely more weight than dmg% at higher levels (thus why 12 ap is popular). If a spell doesn't work well with a 12 ap base, then the spell will simply not be picked from those optimizing damage which is most players.
It all comes down to AP efficiency. If a class is more efficient with 11 ap, people will choose an 11 ap build. The problem is, most classes have such low ap costs with spells that it is too easy to optimize and go for 12 ap instead (which as you said allows better base damage). I think by both increasing the power/interest of 5 ap spells and the future spell revamp, 11 ap builds will become viable.

ex: Water/Air Masq optimized at 11 ap due to spell costs. Earth/Air cra is optimized at 11 ap due to spell costs. Its rare for it to happen, but if 5 ap becomes an arguably decent spell, 11 ap builds start to work.

So - basically I agree with you that is how it is now. I just have a different idea on how to change it so 11 ap becomes more interesting in the future - vs having everything optimized for 12 ap.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800173  Replies : 512  Views : 14039
posté November 23, 2014, 04:03:07 | #8
I don't think larger ap attacks should be removed. Right now, most classes are best at 12 ap because most spells are even numbers (or 3). 5 ap attacks encourage 11 ap (to some degree) - and think there should be some kind of "encouragement" to use 5 ap vs other combinations.Though I do believe that once spell revamp happens - people will be able to have a better move-set/combinations besides going for only the most optimal damage builds.

So - I agree with Flaming-June that there is an awkwardness with 5 ap spells. But I think making them more interesting is a better focus than lowering the cost. However both face the issue.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799983  Replies : 512  Views : 14039
posté November 22, 2014, 03:42:18 | #9
I'm really scared about the added weapons... They're easily comparable to shushu weapons - however shushu weapons take an arm and a leg to make and these will probably be tokened...

~sad face~

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799604  Replies : 67  Views : 2631
posté November 20, 2014, 23:30:51 | #10
Wakfu Masqs are supposed to be focused on one time burst damage - in the form of Double, Backstab, Crits, and weird heals. Once double is gone, masq becomes mediocre (at least in my opinion).

I have a feeling that this class will have a similar focus. Burst damage (turn based), Backstabs (through portals), and Crit (giving various effects), as well as weird heals. Positioning will be possible but hectic/annoying. This, as I said, is just speculation of the role of this class. I am probably completely wrong, but thats the direction I feel this class will be heading.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799049  Replies : 90  Views : 2607
posté November 20, 2014, 22:55:11 | #11
I have this odd feeling the Eliotropes will resemble what masqs "should" be. Crits, Mobility, Positioning... Just my intuition.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799039  Replies : 90  Views : 2607
posté November 20, 2014, 10:18:07 | #12
~Closed~ 70 kk a frag - willing to purchase in bulk

I have 60 frags to go - larger the bulk the more i'm willing to pay

IGN Fellon - Ankabox me (preferably) or message me in game

This post has been edited by WwhitecrowW - November 20, 2014, 22:50:34.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #798819  Replies : 0  Views : 60
posté November 19, 2014, 19:56:57 | #13

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 19 November 2014 19:18) *

Quote (celestialknight @ 19 November 2014 19:15) *
How can this be the second round of revamps if Srams just had their first revamp a few months ago, and Cra and Panda haven't had one yet...
Because they had a round of revamps last year and the person who was doing them left ankama

So now they have to redo them all again

Believe it or not cra did have a "revamp" but it literally only changed the earth branch to add 1 new spell in place of arrow blow
Thats an exaggeration, I'm calling you out! They changed two spells - storm arrow became tickle-spray attack as well.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #798504  Replies : 17  Views : 594
posté November 19, 2014, 19:51:43 | #14
Do Devs intend to balance class specialties and spells (to some degree) before each individual class' revamp? So perhaps some class' damage % buff to final % or things along those lines? It just feels like class revamps are pretty darn great - but the more classes revamped, the more mediocre all the other classes begin to look (especially for damage oriented classes like Iops)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #798497  Replies : 818  Views : 24023
posté November 19, 2014, 19:46:53 | #15
WTB Matts (Shadows of the Veiled Soul Matts) 11 Mortal Wood - 50 kk
12 Ethereal Gem - 50 kk
11 Acid Sryanure - 50 kk
13 Ethereal Supports - 50k

IGN fellon
Ankabox me, message me in game, or/and reply here if interested
IGN Fellon

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #798492  Replies : 0  Views : 75
posté November 19, 2014, 11:05:33 | #16
This is just a rough outline of the best classes in each of what you said. These are "generally" accepted as top tier in their fields. I hope this helps.

Damage -
1 - Sram
2 - Xelor
3 - Fogger

PvP -
1 - Feca
2 - Sram
3 - Sacrier

Grouping -
1 - Sram
2 - Feca
3 -Fogger

Support -
1 - Feca
2 - Panda
3 - Sadida

Healing -
1 - Sadida
2 - Eniripsa
3 - Masqueraider

Tanking -
1 - Feca
2 - Sacrier
3 - Fogger

Thread : General  Preview message : #798298  Replies : 1  Views : 461
posté November 19, 2014, 10:06:11 | #17
WTS Sprecious 2 mil kama

Ankabox
Leave Message Here or yell at me in game

IGN Fellon

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #798286  Replies : 0  Views : 78
posté November 19, 2014, 02:57:43 | #18
You may only make one.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #798184  Replies : 4  Views : 126
posté November 19, 2014, 02:51:51 | #19
One, if not the, strongest class in game. Hope you enjoy!

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #798182  Replies : 4  Views : 290
posté November 19, 2014, 02:00:06 | #20
For all future references and wordplay enthusiasts. A word spelt in reverse is a special form of anagram called an ananym.

(I am really hating trying to post these two sentences 100 times and getting sent back to the forum page... I'm learning to copy what i write before i post)

Anyways - lets just wait and see what the new class will be. Gunner - no more arguing. Minih - same to you. Why? Because I'm the one who's right!

The new class is actually a Gobbal.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #798169  Replies : 31  Views : 762