Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Icekin's profile
Statistics
1427 Posts (1.35 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté March 29, 2014, 21:05:48 | #1

Quote (HateSpawn @ 29 March 2014 17:21) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 28 March 2014 23:46) *

Quote (Noobility @ 28 March 2014 23:44) *
This is gonna turn into another scepter of wage troll fest, people are too immature to give serious answers
I'm onto you john widdin

you can't hide your identity from me

Wait this has been widdin the whole fucking time

I always see widdin in ancient posts and like mourn but now I'm just angry that I didnt figure it out until now

its also not trolling, I simply feel like Wagey is worth talking about

in every single thread.
I don't believe it. Noobility is the alpha Ankama-apologist on the forums, and John Widdin was pretty damn critical of them in the past.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #708245  Replies : 19  Views : 917
posté February 28, 2014, 04:28:55 | #2
Enemies and dungeons that aren't frustrating to fight.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #686141  Replies : 60  Views : 2149
posté February 27, 2014, 07:20:24 | #3
It was already explained exactly how it works by Devs. Trouble is, the way they described it, which is that it doubles the base% drop of items, and the game rolls from the rarest item to the least rare item, meant that with sufficient PP, some minor drops should have been 100% and more, but people were still getting candies (which are obtained if you fail every roll), meaning either they explained it wrong, or something wasn't working as intended.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #685773  Replies : 25  Views : 1135
posté February 26, 2014, 02:24:21 | #4

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 26 February 2014 02:21) *
And why can't we enus pouch UBs?

-Rizarealm
It was confirmed by Ankama a while back that this was to slow down player progress on obtaining UB loot.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #685165  Replies : 25  Views : 1135
posté February 21, 2014, 06:02:52 | #5

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 21 February 2014 00:17) *

Quote (Heartbank @ 20 February 2014 04:29) *

Quote (TinyLaNorthio @ 20 February 2014 02:07) *
the post above remind me old game I was play before. Cutey gear + Pet in the lolbox :B
If you've played any games controlled by a company called Nexon, you're shuddering right now.
aaaack!!! nexon, dont remind me that money-hungry company @_@
Why did you do it, Nexon? Why did you kill DFO. ;_;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #683331  Replies : 19  Views : 882
posté February 17, 2014, 07:32:22 | #6
:3

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #681603  Replies : 2  Views : 271
posté February 13, 2014, 05:24:09 | #7
Good news: Yes, tanks are well worth it, in some encounters mandatory, and earth sacs are one of the best in that regard. Don't give up, Earth sacrier is a fine class, and you will definitely have a place in most parties.

Bad news: An earth sac's job goes beyond just using Sacrifice to soak up damage. In between attraction, transposition, sacrifice and your lock, your role is to assist with positioning as well, and keep mobs locked in place. This means transpositioning your allies towards where they want to be, or away from where they don't want to be, and vice versa for enemies, as well as putting yourself in a spot where they are stuck to you thanks to your high lock. It is a lot of work, and requires a good amount of thought, especially when it comes to positioning. It's not an easy task, but since earlier levels are simpler, you have plenty of time to get used to it.

Edit: also yeah, as was said, earlier in the game, tanks aren't as needed as they are later on. So while your guildy iop might think she's hot shit who can faceroll everything right now, she'll come crawling back for help once you get to the higher level content.

This post has been edited by Icekin - February 13, 2014, 05:27:31.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #679425  Replies : 16  Views : 842
posté February 09, 2014, 21:23:08 | #8
Please don't bump nearly year old threads.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #677315  Replies : 129  Views : 4880
posté February 08, 2014, 03:17:45 | #9
It's still not too late for Ankama to steer Wakfu back towards the path of not being such a frustrating mess. I'm not holding my breath, but you never know. Hopefully they start listening to criticism at some point.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #676659  Replies : 34  Views : 1851
posté February 04, 2014, 07:50:27 | #10
something something can't have nice things.

I remember looking forward to patches and changes rather than dreading them. Good thing that still holds true in every game that isn't Wakfu.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #674367  Replies : 42  Views : 2379
posté February 01, 2014, 23:00:45 | #11
Not a fan of how the costume is a lot more top-heavy than Nox's outfit, but I think it still looks decent.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #673201  Replies : 42  Views : 2401
posté January 31, 2014, 03:37:16 | #12

It's like talking to a brick wall. I never said enus don't drop more across the board. I said that a 150pp enu drops the same as another class with 150pp, thus making pouches their only real benefit. Certain monsters cannot be pouched, meaning enus drop the same as other classes, which doesn't make sense for a class that's supposed to specialize in dropping more.

This kind of line is why I try not to get involved in internet debates. You can sometimes go through pages and pages of discussion and see not one argument that isn't faulty logic.

Pouches are an enu's only real (What does that even mean?) benefit. Well, no. They can get PP a lot easier than other classes, so that's an advantage in convenience. They can also do it regardless of the battle: you can't always afford to wear PP gear in tough boss fights, but Enus will always get that cap even in non PP gear. That's an advantage.

Yeah some bosses can't be pouched. A very small amount of them. The vast majority can. That's another very real benefit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672399  Replies : 63  Views : 3730
posté January 28, 2014, 03:33:45 | #13
I've purchased a couple for myself, I'm really happy with it. These things are everywhere.
Ankama made a really good move there. People are quite willing to throw their money at cute insignias, myself included, it would seem.

So yeah...

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
coughblackwabbit

This post has been edited by Icekin - January 28, 2014, 03:34:29.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #670617  Replies : 23  Views : 1491
posté January 28, 2014, 03:31:01 | #14

Quote (tashlol @ 28 January 2014 03:22) *

Quote (Merriden @ 28 January 2014 03:10) *
I'll be very disappointed if some ignorant player comes into this thread proclaiming that pouches should be an Enu's only loot advantage over other classes. There are three branches to every class, you know, and unless you're a WATER Enutrof, it's very difficult to successfully pouch enemies. The chance of pouching is directly proportional to the water spell's level, and at level 1 it's only 5%!
If I'm not mistaken, Enus are the only class that can passively stat PP and also gain PP in a fight. I don't think pouches are all they have going for them PP wise.

Indeed, Enutrofs can gain 130 PP from passive skills.
The cap however has raised a bit of a problem for Enus: Prospecting gear is kinda worthless now. Since they gain nothing drop wise past 150, there's no reason for one to wear PP gear, since regular gear will far outclass even the damage boost from PP. If it's slapped on top of already good gear, that's fine.

Funny that. Prospecting is more useful to everyone than the prospector.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #670615  Replies : 63  Views : 3730
posté January 28, 2014, 03:19:52 | #15
I completely disagree with the idea of increasing the cap for Enutrofs.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Remove the cap entirely for everyone instead. It should have never happened in the first place.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #670609  Replies : 63  Views : 3730
posté January 26, 2014, 21:32:14 | #16
Price check: Solomonk Out of curiosity, how much would this sell for?

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #669967  Replies : 1  Views : 203
posté January 22, 2014, 02:48:20 | #17

Quote (Neneko88 @ 21 January 2014 05:07) *

Quote (Merriden @ 21 January 2014 03:36) *

Quote (Icekin @ 21 January 2014 03:19) *
Korean MMOs, after grinding your whole life, there's actually a strong payoff.

Seriously.

WhiteClover said that with the aquisition of a long-sought and hard-won piece of gear comes not a feeling of achivement and fulfillment, but of emptiness. I KNOW THIS FEEL. I too often feel empty after spending days or weeks farming certain equipment. At best, I feel relief. Relief that I am finally done, and can move on to something else.

That's not good.
exactly how I feel..
atm I'm getting mats for zeorus craft and I actually dont even want to log in because its dumb, you spend so many hours trying to drop something that never really drops.
^
I'm trying to farm El Pochito for a Lock set, but everytime I convince myself to log on, I can only tolerate one run of this dreadful dungeon (part of the newer wave of dungeons that aim to aggravate more than anything. Seriously, older dungeons were not this unpleasant) before just logging off. Now I haven't logged in 5 days since I'm so discouraged. And yeah, I don't have one piece yet. I've made literally zero progress since I started. Actually, it costs money to run that dungeon, so I've effectively LOST progress from doing it.

I purchased a few new games recently and what do you know, I actually get rewarded for trying in those. It's entertaining, relaxing, and feels great. Playing Wakfu is like running on a treadmill that someone is pushing backwards.

And, man, the most infuriating part of nearly every complaint I have about Wakfu is that it didn't use to be this way. Dungeons were not always a pain, mobs were not always irritatingly restrictive, farming wasn't always a waste of time (Tokens, Harvesting queues IT'S BEEN BLOODY YEARS ANKAMA LITERALLY OMG I'M STARTING TO TYPE LIKE HACKWORK I'M SO DONE WITH THIS). You could just grab old concepts and fix a bunch of the game's issues. Throw us a freaking bone here.

This post has been edited by Icekin - January 22, 2014, 02:51:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #667689  Replies : 39  Views : 2199
posté January 21, 2014, 03:19:06 | #18

Quote (Starbux @ 21 January 2014 03:12) *

Quote (Jaiice @ 21 January 2014 02:32) *

Quote (Starbux @ 20 January 2014 23:47) *
I actually find Wakfu's "grind" not that bad and do my best to enjoy it by just setting some goals. They may not be met in a week or months time but when it is accomplished it is a spectacular feeling.

I mean there are players that have transferred servers and set themselves back a year and now have multiple level 130+ fully geared toons with complete haven worlds so the grind is just an illusion you chose to cover up laziness. It just comes down to efficient use of your time by setting up play times and schedules with your guildies. It doesn't even have to be an everyday thing just like 5-6 days a week and take 1-2 days off to do RL things.

Wakfu is a great game and I'm tired of these forums talking down on it because you couldn't drop 100 relic fragments due to it being "impossible" when a player accomplished this task in 2-3 weeks.

How many accounts do these people have? Again, not everyone can play 12+ hours a day. I'm not lazy as I have a fully functional character, their design is lazy. I''m a paying customer giving my feedback. Save your insults for another thread on someone who cares.
Maybe this game isn't for you.
Maybe this game could be for him and a whole lot of other people if certain aspects of it weren't so dreadfully awful.

p.s. This game is not a korean style grinder. In Korean MMOs, after grinding your whole life, there's actually a strong payoff.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #667039  Replies : 39  Views : 2199