Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

IDCAA's profile
Statistics
528 Posts (0.5 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 02, 2014, 03:14:36 | #1
Well since we're askin', I wanna name my dolls! I'd name one Butch.

Yes, the Ultrapowerful.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #783335  Replies : 18  Views : 710
posté October 02, 2014, 02:59:23 | #2
The 1st part of my reply is an attempt to poke fun in saying, you aren't the only person to realize that the Osa class is a broken one. I suppose it failed~

mm, Let's just say I've played a Sadida for a very...very long time, and feel a bit confident in my strategic use of most of it's mechanics. The strategy I gave you won't guarantee you a win, as there are other things you must be aware of, but it sure can help. It's not advised to aspire just yet to take out summoner Osas by yourself. Imbalanced, remember?

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #783332  Replies : 7  Views : 761
posté October 01, 2014, 19:22:39 | #3
Welcome to Wakfu,

The line queue of those that see something obviously wrong with the Osamodas summoning mechanic is on the right, behind the water cooler. Feel free to utilize the magazines provided for your comfort—

Comicry aside, the Osamoda class is a broken system in this game. You'll see many people (who play it) try their best (sometimes, I guess sincerely try) to defend it, and may even in some cases claim otherwise that it is in fact under privileged; pay no mind to such heresies.

For now your best bet as a Sadida, is to aim to make sure you start 1st during battles against enemies around your level and gear range, and Voodoll them ASAP. That way, you always have a way to attack them, and hope for the best.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #783198  Replies : 7  Views : 761
posté October 01, 2014, 00:44:17 | #4
Hey there young lil Sadida (player),

Hmm, I see you're a bit passionate about wanting to play the Sadi a certain way—which is good, so I'll throw out a few pointers that I have found useful, and are all based on wise choices I've found to supplement the Sadida best.

How this will work is, I will put out points, and you or whoever else cares to utilize them may do so as they see fit. You want to be a tank of sorts? Well, here are a few concepts that might help you:

• First thing's first: You're a Sadida. You needn't depend on life steal at all to replenish health.
  1. Sadidas have a healing branch that has a powerful heal to self and allies, and dmg to enemies: Mudoll.
  2. Healing yourself continually, is the best way of tanking long term (for you, a Sadida). You aren't a tank by profession.
  3. You have heal dolls that can compliment your own healing.

• With the way gears in Wakfu (now) work, you can make sure you have them for all your elemental branches. So, water, air and earth.
  1. If you max out only 2 spells in each branch, you are guaranteed to always have them at your max level (which is as far as spells can go). If you try to max them all, they will be too low to be effective if it's your main spell.
  2. Being tri-element is a viable way to play if you only aim to use certain spells, and play a certain way. You can even send out attack dolls!
  3. Being only and won't get you as far alone, as having a heal also will. Again, Sadidas can heal. Utilize it.

Point allocation ideas:

• Remember, you are a Sadida. You can do big damage, but not quite like other classes. But that's beyond the scope of what you've asked for, so I'll not elaborate on that. What you can do, as Sadidas should, is small damage that over time causes high Health loss for enemies. And so, that means that life drain is a waste of points to have as a sadida.
  • Increasing heals received is a must for your build type. Max it.
  • Increasing resistances in the intellect branch is a must. Max it.
  • You want to also do damage of sorts, which is very possible. So, put one point in each of the All damage and resistances in the strength branch. You can get confused in thinking the one with fire isn't good, but no, it is. It is All dmg, and not just Fire dmg+resistance. That will help you have great damage.
Spell suggestions: (for you and your aspired play style).

Earth

• Manifold Bramble (because you like it) - Makeshift MP mine field
  • Wild Grass - Spell can put a shield on you and allies. Hurt enemies (increased with Voodoll).

Air

• Poisoned Wind - At high levels with good dmg, enemies take a lot of dmg. Cheap.
  • Gust - (Because you like it) - Good for positioning. Has secondary poison effect.

Water

• Mudoll - Self heal or allies. Hurts enemies. Summons attack water dolls.
  • Drain or Sadida's Tear - Drain attacks enemies, heals surrounding allies (more supportive). Sadida's Tear more for offensive, has great effects with Voodoll (guaranteed backstab); not very many people know about Sadida's dpt (dmg per turn) potential. You now know more than most.

Good luck kid.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - October 01, 2014, 06:32:29.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #782876  Replies : 1  Views : 498
posté September 30, 2014, 20:46:50 | #5
Really all they need to do is give control to us in choosing which spell gets experience.

The way to remain 'un-gimped' is to only use the 3-2/2-2-2/4 spells you have chosen as your main. Some classes, such as my Sadida don't have that option. The way it is now is, you have spell exp going in spells you hardly use, which causes you to way out leveling your main spells, and finding yourself inadequate for higher level content unless you do a reset.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - September 30, 2014, 20:48:14.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782813  Replies : 63  Views : 2805
posté September 29, 2014, 06:47:23 | #6
In all honestly, I think Wakfu is perceived as a adventure game where players fight by themselves or together against some content they must overcome. The PvP design may not really have a place here, and sooner or later, as evident by the OP's observation, it'll become unappealing—only really catoring to the short bursts of sadistic intent by a few, or person who feel "I have to because they have an icon above their head."

PvP in Wakfu should be an arena type thing; where those who are ready and willing to fight in the now, may do so with a group, or by themselves on the fly with an intended person their own level or rank; and not like it's some of the other (real) open world adventure games that have PvP systems build in from their core.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #782156  Replies : 4  Views : 213
posté September 25, 2014, 17:44:05 | #7

Quote (Merriden @ 24 September 2014 21:53) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 24 September 2014 21:05) *
You now what would be more fun? if it could only select from the 3 elements your class uses.

No thank you. This would make it almost impossible for me to reroll gear for friends and guildies.
Which actually could lead to a possible change in the future, why don't they just make them tradable to begin with? Maybe remove the 100% drop chance to say 50%. People just give their gears to someone else to randomize any way. Same difference.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780629  Replies : 36  Views : 1111
posté September 25, 2014, 17:39:05 | #8

Quote (Sabi @ 25 September 2014 17:34) *

Quote (IDCAA @ 25 September 2014 17:32) *
Was beyond me why they even put that nonsense in in the 1st place. I've lost the equivalent of 2 1/2 months subscription because of it, and just recently, forced to buy nonesense I'd have otherwise not bought, just so they wouldn't go to waste.

I wonder what spark of inspiration happened?

This isn't a new decision for us, it has been part of many internal discussions and for many years.
But with the evolution of online gaming, it was time to evolve, and with our international reach expanding, we decided to take a deeper look into analyzing our Orgrines policy as well as taking into account the feedback of the community, it confirmed that we needed to make that change and the conclusion was clear that the advantages of keeping the Ogrines expiration should not come at the cost of your experience.
I see. Which one of you got baptized?

Welp, may that be counted amoung the few amazing changes Ankama has been doing. Well done!

This post has been edited by IDCAA - September 25, 2014, 17:39:25.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780626  Replies : 23  Views : 947
posté September 25, 2014, 17:32:00 | #9
Was beyond me why they even put that nonsense in in the 1st place. I've lost the equivalent of 2 1/2 months subscription because of it, and just recently, forced to buy nonesense I'd have otherwise not bought, just so they wouldn't go to waste.

I wonder what spark of inspiration happened?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #780619  Replies : 23  Views : 947
posté September 23, 2014, 18:34:42 | #10
It's one of the rare things I can honestly say Ankama has done well. A good idea. Like the other poster said, run dungeons with others. It's a social game, one ment to put the spread of labour to more than just yourself.

There's a kind of fun in seeing what element you will get. Be happy you're not a tri-element like one of my toons. Sell what you don't need, buy what can help you with that money. This isn't a console game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779565  Replies : 36  Views : 1111
posté September 23, 2014, 18:27:07 | #11
lol. It's always a bit of an amusement to see Osa summon players defend this class. I'm a Sadida by main, but have made a Osamodas (dragon). I choose not to use my summons, as this thing is ridiculously over abled in it's goings. I put summons out and just wait for them to completely demolish w/e I set em after—or even in part, then I finish em off myself, or with another sommon. I'm not even spec'd as a summoner. Only when I am trying to level up my spells do I use 'em.

Regardless if they're missing a mechanic atm, doesn't change the fact that these things work better than all other classes. For me personally, I find it extremely boring and pointless to just have summons do all the work for me in a tactical game, fooling myself that it's by some skill I have that made a difference.

Learn the exploits of the summons' mechanic, exploit it to your advantage, and you win. Simple. Done. Not to mention you have ways of increasing their damage ridiculously high.

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #779558  Replies : 57  Views : 2152
posté September 23, 2014, 18:17:43 | #12
Oh boy, So Pvp is only fun, I guess, if we can get to choose the fights we can win. The anonymity is nice. As for adding people via friend list, that should require an acceptance on the added player's part!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779549  Replies : 22  Views : 488
posté September 21, 2014, 21:32:36 | #13
These CANNOT Help Me This needs to be fixed immediately. It blocks content from being done. These bonuses, a part from being almost useless in battle themselves, have NO USE in this quest chain, and replace the intended bonuses you should have. The +MP bonus is required to help with this quest chain branch.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #778673  Replies : 1  Views : 95
posté September 12, 2014, 15:11:42 | #14
Can't everyone do these (new) haven bag quests? I just haven't bothered past getting the mercenary equipment. Once you go to Astrub it says it gives you one—which I already had.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774946  Replies : 26  Views : 1437
posté September 09, 2014, 21:29:06 | #15
Uhmm, hi, hello. Not sure if it's been spoken of before, but it doesn't seem I can any longer make my set pieces into a single package. Is there some new way? Or has it been eliminated?

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #773193  Replies : 778  Views : 7913
posté September 02, 2014, 19:45:08 | #16
[Q] Guard Status Removal I know in the past there was a way via the owl in the HQ to add or remove your role as a guard, but now, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it after you've completed the quest. The "Guards" lettering bellow my name is an eyesoar, and I wish to get rid of it, not to mention the role all together. Is there a way I can get this done?

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

A: Evidently, switching nations removes guards status. Win win. I don't think they've made a way to remove it anymore.

Bonus question: Is there a level restriction on changing nations via the quest? New character, and I am unable to do it at level 24. I haven't done it yet, and do not want to remake my character.

A: You have to be level 30 to iniciate the quest.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - September 03, 2014, 03:59:12.
Thread : Other Features  Preview message : #769421  Replies : 0  Views : 216
posté September 02, 2014, 06:40:31 | #17
Aww, so I guess the 60 seconds isn't coming =[ Sad. They should.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - September 02, 2014, 06:42:36.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769082  Replies : 46  Views : 1578
posté September 01, 2014, 15:38:33 | #18
What would be grand, is if they allowed custom logo designs like back in Ragnarok Online. Not that there's anything wrong with these ones. More options would be welcomed, yes, maybe with more variations of any one specific image (think warcraft flag design).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768619  Replies : 7  Views : 289
posté September 01, 2014, 15:33:18 | #19
What's even more worrisome is, nowa days, it seems discussion that should be within the beta forums, bleed over into general, causing an uproar of things that might not be, or are not weighed with the scales of current live mechanics. As I understand it, this beta version is riddled with bugs left right and centre.

I've had people calling my classes OP based on things they've seen in some video somewhere from the beta server, from folks who probably no longer play an active—progressive role in the live servers.

But, I think I've lost my charm of the Feca class some time back, so thankfully—at least a little selfishly—I could care less what they do to this class. Wouldn't be my 1st rodeo of having a class and it's mechanic that I love to be completely changed, mirrioring another one. I saw no problems with feca having a strong shield mechanic while being offensively lacking, like it is...for NORMAL players on the live servers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768615  Replies : 13  Views : 419