Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

IDCAA's profile
Statistics
515 Posts (0.51 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté September 12, 2014, 15:11:42 | #1
Can't everyone do these (new) haven bag quests? I just haven't bothered past getting the mercenary equipment. Once you go to Astrub it says it gives you one—which I already had.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #774946  Replies : 17  Views : 867
posté September 09, 2014, 21:29:06 | #2
Uhmm, hi, hello. Not sure if it's been spoken of before, but it doesn't seem I can any longer make my set pieces into a single package. Is there some new way? Or has it been eliminated?

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #773193  Replies : 768  Views : 5249
posté September 02, 2014, 19:45:08 | #3
[Q] Guard Status Removal I know in the past there was a way via the owl in the HQ to add or remove your role as a guard, but now, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it after you've completed the quest. The "Guards" lettering bellow my name is an eyesoar, and I wish to get rid of it, not to mention the role all together. Is there a way I can get this done?

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

A: Evidently, switching nations removes guards status. Win win. I don't think they've made a way to remove it anymore.

Bonus question: Is there a level restriction on changing nations via the quest? New character, and I am unable to do it at level 24. I haven't done it yet, and do not want to remake my character.

A: You have to be level 30 to iniciate the quest.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - September 03, 2014, 03:59:12.
Thread : Other Features  Preview message : #769421  Replies : 0  Views : 136
posté September 02, 2014, 06:40:31 | #4
Aww, so I guess the 60 seconds isn't coming =[ Sad. They should.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - September 02, 2014, 06:42:36.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769082  Replies : 46  Views : 1433
posté September 01, 2014, 15:38:33 | #5
What would be grand, is if they allowed custom logo designs like back in Ragnarok Online. Not that there's anything wrong with these ones. More options would be welcomed, yes, maybe with more variations of any one specific image (think warcraft flag design).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768619  Replies : 7  Views : 246
posté September 01, 2014, 15:33:18 | #6
What's even more worrisome is, nowa days, it seems discussion that should be within the beta forums, bleed over into general, causing an uproar of things that might not be, or are not weighed with the scales of current live mechanics. As I understand it, this beta version is riddled with bugs left right and centre.

I've had people calling my classes OP based on things they've seen in some video somewhere from the beta server, from folks who probably no longer play an active—progressive role in the live servers.

But, I think I've lost my charm of the Feca class some time back, so thankfully—at least a little selfishly—I could care less what they do to this class. Wouldn't be my 1st rodeo of having a class and it's mechanic that I love to be completely changed, mirrioring another one. I saw no problems with feca having a strong shield mechanic while being offensively lacking, like it is...for NORMAL players on the live servers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768615  Replies : 13  Views : 371
posté August 31, 2014, 18:24:59 | #7
I'm sure at some point you all had an issue you were concerned about. Because it may have been fixed, doesn't mean you should forget and belittle someone else who doesn't have the insite you do. He now has learned (I hope) that the mods on the forums have limited power. As a player, or person rather, it's very common for you to associate any form of authority connected to the game, as being a means of assistance. He thought they could help, they can not—he now knows.

Also, Not everyone on these forums are English as a first language. Making fun of that based on your own selfish judgements, regardling whether or not it prevented them getting the help they need, isn't welcome.

—Away with that.

Helping also does not mean being a condesending smart arse. If you had an issue that was important to you, and it saw no reply within months, you too would be frustrated. Learn to be sympathetic, and yet also gentle with your words of correction.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - August 31, 2014, 18:27:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768241  Replies : 28  Views : 749
posté August 29, 2014, 22:26:14 | #8
Aheh~ Umm, I'm currently unable to go on the beta server to do my own tests, so I rely kind of solely on this thread. Just a request, if you guys could be careful not to turn this into a suggestion thread based on wishes and wants, that would really help remove confusion (at least for my sake). Also, if we get new information, it would be helpful if we stated where this info was obtained. Confirmed, based on personal tests or—hear say.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #767566  Replies : 119  Views : 3231
posté August 29, 2014, 01:03:13 | #9
@Kurokat

Domo~

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #767255  Replies : 119  Views : 3231
posté August 28, 2014, 23:42:46 | #10
What does it mean when it says "will use 70%/40% of Sadida's secondary damage?" Does that mean whatever element is 2nd highest?

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #767233  Replies : 119  Views : 3231
posté August 28, 2014, 22:02:21 | #11

Quote (Neneko88 @ 28 August 2014 21:07) *

Quote (IDCAA @ 28 August 2014 20:08) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 28 August 2014 18:05) *

Quote (IDCAA @ 28 August 2014 17:21) *
A phenomenon has happend within the last few years. In short, there were 2 kinds of gamers: Console Gamers, and Adventure Gamers. MMOs(rpgs) where made to cator the the latter, and included elements of adventure that were made to have depth and wonder to those that partook—together. Nowa days, games, and their sometimes morally confused devs, are making games to cator to console gamers to bring them over. So games are no longer about the adventure—together, but rather how much better at what I'm doing, than the next guy. If I play with myself, I stand a better chance of geting all the good stuff, to make more money, to be better than that—and that guy! Console gaming methodology: I not only preferr to play alone—and be better, but be alone also—unless it prevents me from obtaining something. In Wakfu, you can do both. Thus the multi-boxers, who could care less if a server was populated or not, and care a little more about there being lag. In this day and age with speeds exceeding anything we really need 'em for, people are worried about lag on a sever that was designed to have more players than it does?

I do not agree with almost everything in the paragraph above. There are a ton of generalizations and assumptions being made about people. Do players exist as you've described? Certainly, but i'd hardly call it the norm. Competition is not necessarily a bad thing either, nor is all sport inherently evil (Which is what it feels like you're saying). I'd give specifics but i have a feeling that will end badly for everyone.

I agree that preventing F2P players from enjoying the newest content is ridiculous.

By all means, you can be as specific as you like. I am pointing out the direction today's games have been designed in. This game, amung many, makes use of mechanics that require a lot of pain staking time to get something done, with little reward. If you can do those things alone—via maximazing your game-time foot print(aka: having more control over everything: drops, actions, desired outcomes..etc), the better for you. I'll point out an example for Wakfu itself:

Achieving a specific goal, such as leveling, requires time—via number of attempts; rewarding repeated tries of any one thing, say, killing monsters in order to level. In terms of getting items, you could fight a powerful, time intensive boss battle, and potentially get nothing. Or, have someone who played a lesser role in it's demise, gain something of significance. In either situation, the boss was difficult to fight with a 5-1 possibility of an undesired outcome. How do you lessen that undesired experience? Maximize your game-time footprint by having more ways that an item or benefit will be in your favour, because they have made all these mechanics that makes it less favourable to play with others. In another sense, many of the mechanics are designed to be for show, again, via how numerous you can get something or not.

That's why some people find it more advantageous to minimize the amount of other persons that join them in their exploits by either multi-boxing, or using the Multimen. Who needs a healer or tank when I can use a multiman that does what I say, when I say, and takes the place of a player, in helping me do something I rather could not without them—all the while giving me all the possible rewards? Yes, MMs fulfill the same endeavour as multiboxing; if not makes it's easier now that the game is F2p—which is probably really why they have this asinine block on upper content for free accounts. What I wrote of will obviously not describe every player in the world; it describes how games are now, which forces folks to be aligned with it when the rubber hits the road. Games need to be social. You should need another person and their roll, not just do everything yourself, and the only social aspects you engange in is selling things for sometimes odd prices based on something you might have gotten yourself, and sitting around using the game as a post millenium (2000s) MSN messenger.
the problem is the multi accounting but more than multi account, the problem is how long dungeons take.
If dungeons took 20-30 minute max you would see so many people grouping with each other

But no..instead they take 1 hour.......you know how much 1 hour means to people? And ankama pushes this to 2 hours with some dungeons.

Isn't wakfu the only game that makes you stay in dungeon for an hour or two?
Agreed. However, I don't think the time taken in dungeons is the real culprit, but people's own evaluation of that run's worth in effort taken. If I spend 2 hours in a dungeon, and am sure once I kill the difficult boss at the end, to be guranteed at least something will drop, I'm less likely to be annoyed about how long it took; seeing as I wouldn't play unless I knew I had the time. But wakfu gives no such guarantee for your hard adventure efforts.

Another point that this gives me a chance to make is exactly what you said last. WoW can have some long dungeons. But people rarely had an issue with it (as far as I could tell back then). Reason being, in WoW, when you kill a boss, though what will drop is not guaranteed, the fact that something will, is. And that makes the dungeon times worth doing (sort of), because you know "at least someone will get something useful to them." And if they don't, there are amazing mechanics in place to make what is useless, have a use (enchanting).

Maybe I kind of derailed w/e the OP was on about (apologies), but, I think sometimes the indirect ways affect a certain thing the most.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767215  Replies : 53  Views : 951
posté August 28, 2014, 20:08:56 | #12

Quote (Gynrei @ 28 August 2014 18:05) *

Quote (IDCAA @ 28 August 2014 17:21) *
A phenomenon has happend within the last few years. In short, there were 2 kinds of gamers: Console Gamers, and Adventure Gamers. MMOs(rpgs) where made to cator the the latter, and included elements of adventure that were made to have depth and wonder to those that partook—together. Nowa days, games, and their sometimes morally confused devs, are making games to cator to console gamers to bring them over. So games are no longer about the adventure—together, but rather how much better at what I'm doing, than the next guy. If I play with myself, I stand a better chance of geting all the good stuff, to make more money, to be better than that—and that guy! Console gaming methodology: I not only preferr to play alone—and be better, but be alone also—unless it prevents me from obtaining something. In Wakfu, you can do both. Thus the multi-boxers, who could care less if a server was populated or not, and care a little more about there being lag. In this day and age with speeds exceeding anything we really need 'em for, people are worried about lag on a sever that was designed to have more players than it does?

I do not agree with almost everything in the paragraph above. There are a ton of generalizations and assumptions being made about people. Do players exist as you've described? Certainly, but i'd hardly call it the norm. Competition is not necessarily a bad thing either, nor is all sport inherently evil (Which is what it feels like you're saying). I'd give specifics but i have a feeling that will end badly for everyone.

I agree that preventing F2P players from enjoying the newest content is ridiculous.

By all means, you can be as specific as you like. I am pointing out the direction today's games have been designed in. This game, amung many, makes use of mechanics that require a lot of pain staking time to get something done, with little reward. If you can do those things alone—via maximazing your game-time foot print(aka: having more control over everything: drops, actions, desired outcomes..etc), the better for you. I'll point out an example for Wakfu itself:

Achieving a specific goal, such as leveling, requires time—via number of attempts; rewarding repeated tries of any one thing, say, killing monsters in order to level. In terms of getting items, you could fight a powerful, time intensive boss battle, and potentially get nothing. Or, have someone who played a lesser role in it's demise, gain something of significance. In either situation, the boss was difficult to fight with a 5-1 possibility of an undesired outcome. How do you lessen that undesired experience? Maximize your game-time footprint by having more ways that an item or benefit will be in your favour, because they have made all these mechanics that makes it less favourable to play with others. In another sense, many of the mechanics are designed to be for show, again, via how numerous you can get something or not.

That's why some people find it more advantageous to minimize the amount of other persons that join them in their exploits by either multi-boxing, or using the Multimen. Who needs a healer or tank when I can use a multiman that does what I say, when I say, and takes the place of a player, in helping me do something I rather could not without them—all the while giving me all the possible rewards? Yes, MMs fulfill the same endeavour as multiboxing; if not makes it's easier now that the game is F2p—which is probably really why they have this asinine block on upper content for free accounts. What I wrote of will obviously not describe every player in the world; it describes how games are now, which forces folks to be aligned with it when the rubber hits the road. Games need to be social. You should need another person and their roll, not just do everything yourself, and the only social aspects you engange in is selling things for sometimes odd prices based on something you might have gotten yourself, and sitting around using the game as a post millenium (2000s) MSN messenger.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - August 28, 2014, 20:12:30.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767178  Replies : 53  Views : 951
posté August 28, 2014, 17:21:49 | #13

Quote (Neneko88 @ 28 August 2014 15:27) *
Now people want servers with less people? How are we supposed to find groups?
I feel like some people are not playing wakfu for the right reasons..
This ^

----------

In any case, on topic. Upon returning to the game just last night, had a blast with some old peeps. This morning, I decided to continue the part of the Srambad quest that I was stuck on—only to find I can't teleport there. Oh okai, maybe I have to go to the hidden room where Pandora is; nope. What be the point of making only those with a booster, able to go there?

How I'm thinking: If that content can ONLY be reached by those who are 140 or more, what's really the point in preventing anyone (most likely new players) from going there, if they have struggled to get to the required level in going there? Isn't the non-booster state filled with enough disadvantages in comparison to the booster packs already?

I, a returning player before all this nonsense, who was looking forward to taking advantage of this so called free-to-play system, have now no value in the game. School starts in less than 2 weeks, where in which they intend on putting out a new update. You want me to pay money just to gain access to 1 area, when I probably won't have the dedicated time—like during breaks—to play the game? The one map and it's content?—Two, if you count the new map, which I cannot go to yet, it's lvl 147 I hear.

That in itself is an indirect way that deters players from spending what little time they had (which has the posibility to make an impact on the community), to not continue playing; not just on Nox, but at all. Foolish, dumb, almost moronic development ideas that just ruins the game for those who had little to hang onto to begin with.

But I get it, treat everyone like they're new customers, and like you just opened the game for business—no one will know or care. Those that play your game, are those who sit at home on a continual basis, not having work or school to attend; so that they can devote all their time and money on your game—right? Haha, of course. It's the small things Ankama, the SMALL THINGS that wins longevity of trust and respect—along with willingness to be server active. 

This post has been edited by IDCAA - August 28, 2014, 17:37:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #767140  Replies : 53  Views : 951
posté June 27, 2014, 02:20:08 | #14
LOL!!!!

Thread : News  Preview message : #749648  Replies : 303  Views : 14711
posté June 19, 2014, 16:35:18 | #15
AHH!!

I just had a thought. What if gears do different things depending on your highest element(s)?

I don't know if that would be good or bad. Anyway.. carry on.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746947  Replies : 19  Views : 1023
posté June 17, 2014, 17:47:18 | #16
In all honesty, really not a huge deal, as this game becomes uninteresting by the day/every update, but didn't development have ample time during all those days of the beta having been updated to translate the content to english (and other languages)? Why now on patch day do we have to wait (at all) for an additional hotfix?

It's easy to spit out cruel words when frustrated, but I think that should have been someone's job to make sure this wasn't a thing on patch day, no?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #746041  Replies : 23  Views : 822
posté June 15, 2014, 21:06:59 | #17

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 15 June 2014 15:24) *
Im sure its been suggested - but if all inversion does is trick the targeted enemy into thinking you have lower resist, shouldn't it be self castable? This way it could trick all enemy ai into thinking you have, idk, 400 less resist than you normally have? :x

not sure how it would translate into pvp though - is it used in pvp? or is it too cost heavy?
I'm guessing you're referring to provocation, and not inversion, which we like and see use in. That would make more sense for it to be self castable. But, that would make too much sense. Heresy.

In terms of PvP, it requires you to be in a battle with an ally on your side. So alone, that would mean 0% usefulness. What would be great is if they made it so that whatever has this debuff, monster or player, cannot target anything but the Feca.

Edit:
@Gyn: Yep, sadly I've come to the same conclusion. I originally made this Feca to be an ultra tank. So I aim to be as defensive as possible as I can, which would make use of the game's current lock system to keep enemies near and off allies, while taking little to no dmg from the toughest bosses or monsters..

..but, tests I've done pretty much puts things yet again in favour of just stacking damage and trying to mow things down. Having a lot of resist I've learned, just means they avoid me. High lock? Walk around me. Lower their range? Spell fixed range, no difference.

I don't think this game cators to the likes of me anymore. I'm not looking to just stack dmg and seeing if I can kill something in 1 or 2 turns faster than the next guy. No tactics. If you use any, you're just wasting time, or delaying your inevitable death/loss.

This post has been edited by IDCAA - June 15, 2014, 21:21:09.
Thread : Feca  Preview message : #745079  Replies : 42  Views : 2580
posté June 15, 2014, 06:25:00 | #18
Yeah, just came here to make a post on this very thing. This spell definitely needs a re-do. I'm not seeing any convincing rewards for spending 3 AP on this spell.

I do see some things, but not worth 3 AP for the monster to attack me once if it's near me.
Also, I don't know if it's just mine, but, monsters straight up avoid my Feca. A large trade off for defense—attack, and I'm being denied the opportunity to do that, defend.

Much better to just Crashing Wave them.

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #744883  Replies : 42  Views : 2580
posté June 13, 2014, 16:36:00 | #19
hn, looks familiar..

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #744275  Replies : 240  Views : 11330