Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

BlackMagus's profile
Statistics
347 Posts (0.32 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 04:23:45 | #1

Quote (jubeli @ 03 July 2015 12:51) *

Quote (Choux-Farci @ 03 July 2015 10:53) *
Or you could pay the 10$ or something per month to access it & support the game.
This is so unfair. I see the op at almanax sometimes. He changes his class so much, that he may have easily spent more than 100k ogrines with class changes. But because he didnt waste 3 more he cant enter the last area? He supported the game much more than a person who subbed for 3 years
*Yawn* if he was smart he could've just saved ogrines and subbed instead of being silly and constantly changing classes.... don't wanna hear complaints. If you can't take it go play some other boring game where you don't have to sub.

oooooor just sit wait til it becomes f2p and then wait for the NEXT latest content to be inaccessible

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #882053  Replies : 41  Views : 929
posté July 03, 2015, 03:08:02 | #2

Quote (Insomniatic @ 02 July 2015 20:47) *
Hey!

There's something I don't understand with the new changes.

If I want to continue as fire/air Xelor, and take the old spells, -aging/punishment + hand/lof/burn-. I see some problems. Since we cannot use punishment for distant targets, we will have to use hand on tock turns. But it consumes temporal gel now. But to generate temporal gel, we have to take water spells.

Now, If I want to use gel rotation, naturally, I'll have to take sandglass and clock. That makes 2 water spells. Also, if I don't want to sacrifice the damages come from water spells, I'll also need tri gear.

Right. Let's forget about gel rotation. Then, I will take Temporal Dust and Hydrand from fire branch. For air, let's say punishment... Then what? Distortion is not the strongest spell for sure. Underhand is not a damage spell from my eyes.

What is the point of killing a desired build?

What about fire/air? On tock turns, I can consume temporal gel. What I am going to on tick turns now? Spam water spells? If I use hand, initiative will be wasted. If I use water, temporal gel.

Wherever I look, either something is missing, or wasted. I can't see a way other than going tri. It's like all of the branches connected each other, and if you throw away one, you will fail at some point.

I tried a couple of builds, and couldn't get any taste. I might completely be wrong about what I wrote. But I am seeking for a way to play the new Xelor. Can you guys give me a hand?

-And I am not even going to mention about temporal gel's one turn restriction. It should at least stay for the other turn.
Ok... so there was only one and only one good xelor meta and thats aging+hand. Everything else... quite possibly goose egg.

They wanted to give us variation but lacked on buffing it all together so water is the new meta, you want damage? go Water branch.

About the temp. gel one turn restriction, it does "tons of damage". Chances are if they gave it another turn, the damage would likely be reduced

Quote (Gelgy @ 03 July 2015 03:06) *
I don't think they intended for water to be the new meta. Zeorus just put most of his energy into implementing a better version of water and making Xelor mechanics work at all.

With him apparently leaving Ankama, I think that's the only reason Xelor's not more updated. I'm hoping the class can get a little more attention before spell decks launch but... if anything, I hope Dy7 and 3xi place Xelor and Foggernaut at the top of the list for post spell-revamp revamps.

I've liked what little of Xelor I've played before this revamp, and the new water branch is fun.. but I think the class right now is stuck in this awkward in-between state where it's not clear if they're primary support, or primary damage, and they're a bit behind the curve for both as a result.
he's leaving Ankama? o.O

Well I think I agree that it's definitely placed in limbo atm because it wasnt fully refleshed out like some other classes. And chances are, it'll become more dofus-y

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881715  Replies : 138  Views : 4988
posté July 03, 2015, 02:56:37 | #3

Quote (Nox16 @ 30 June 2015 03:08) *
I do agree that fire and air could use some buffs but i honestly dont expect anymore changes for us *i assume to busy with other classes* I do play as a fire water xelor so these changes do buff me because water is much better now. I do dislike how hydrand feels required to a degree to use dust but idk.
Honestly I do hate that water was the only branch to be buffed, but I think in their eyes, fire and air branch were good so they wanted to bring up water to par. We see how much "dust and hydrand" were buffed... aka wet noodle, because they didnt want other branches to supersede water branch as the new meta.

I do hope they have more in store for xelor rework later because my biggest problem is that initiative burn is completely and UTTERLY useless in the current gameplay.

I've recently been playing dofus xelor and honestly the could forsure bring in the telefrag state to air branch as a dmg bonus and increase our map manipulation potential.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881712  Replies : 138  Views : 4988
posté June 27, 2015, 03:28:25 | #4

Quote (Flmer @ 27 June 2015 03:04) *
just read a WHOLE page and did not mention the release date for heroes....
its estimated around September imo. cus I believe its a 3month wait between big patches

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #880080  Replies : 241  Views : 3570
posté June 26, 2015, 23:49:45 | #5

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 26 June 2015 23:44) *
Aside from paying to unlock it once, if the monthly fee is any different than just subbing my one account, I'm probably not going to pay it.

I want the things I buy to stay purchased. I don't want them to randomly expire, just because. I'm already happy to pay a monthly subscription, so why keep pressing for more, and risk losing it all? Charge me once, make your money, and I'll keep coming back with my subs and boutique purchases.

You've had me now for 10 years, Ankama. It's O.K. to treat me (and my wallet) with respect.
Its not that I didnt see the renewal sub for Heroes coming, but I would've thought that making it a one time payment (even a lil egregious in cost) would've had a better turn over than having us sub the hero seperately over and over.

Especially since most of us aren't subbing anyways to access the most basic content

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #879983  Replies : 241  Views : 3570
posté June 26, 2015, 23:36:01 | #6

Quote (Fruitybat @ 26 June 2015 22:25) *
Since Heroes is just to make it easier for multiboxer (who buy a booster for all the account they multibox with) to play with several characters, then why don't you make sidekicks cheaper/make some of them free :3

Quote (skatercodyme @ 25 June 2015 17:32) *
"Why we think someone paying a little cash is valid for them to get x3 drops?"
You can already get x3 drops free with sidekicks/multiaccount
uhh I cant argue if some sidekicks will be "cheaper" but we already have a couple "free sidekicks" ... you just gotta do the quests to get them.

Overall, I think the company kinda prolonged the Hero system too much and gave very poor expectations because everyone including me assumed we'd be allowed to buy a Hero slot and be done with it, but apparently that was overambitious of me.

Raids will be coming and I figured it'd be advantageous for groups to be controlled by less people (since there is rumor of 9man groups coming). But, if Ankama wants to nickle and dime us for heroes, then I dunno if I want to continue subscribing to wakfu.We clearly see how ridiculous their marketting is when they released mimsybics and they had to be decreased drastically!!

Maybe we're all being overdramatic, but the news isnt pleasing when everyone waits on an amazing feature to the game, but only a few people with big wallets will actually access it. Guess we'll have to see how appealing the offer is, but I for one find it disappointing. I guess I can't expect Ankama to understand how to deal business and please it's customers seeing as how even the "June" update as promised was pushed into a "July" update.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #879971  Replies : 241  Views : 3570
posté June 26, 2015, 06:38:51 | #7

Quote (SacridTaco @ 25 June 2015 15:01) *

Quote (samuelisimo @ 25 June 2015 14:54) *

the Heroes feature will be available for a limited time and will be renewable

You had to ruin it... The idea of paying once (upgrading the "hero slot") was perfect, but you had to make it a new type of booster V_V
I doubt it was them that ruined it. It was most likely their marketing team that ruined it just like everything else
to be fair I think their marketing model is aiming to keep multiboxers from simply just paying one account and simply "one-time buying" alts to use.

Ideally they realized that Multimen are useless compared to Heroes so they came up with this plan to make give purpose to Multimen aside from simply making Heroes follow the same payment and overshadowing them.

Quote (Madd1 @ 26 June 2015 06:07) *
Hahahaha,
hahahahahahahahahaha. Turned Heoes into a cash grab.
This is the straw that broke Madd's back.
I will be playing 1 account, all 5 of my additional accounts go unsub. I will no longer buy Ogrines for non-subscription reasons, I will no longer monetarily support this company.

Holy fff learn some transparency. This is on that Destiny charge $80 for content people already own so they can get the special edition level.

Cash grab = Madd flips you off.

- Madd
its not a cash grab imo. Their goal imo was simply to make playing easier for people who open multiple clients.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #879645  Replies : 241  Views : 3570
posté June 24, 2015, 10:51:40 | #8

Quote (Rancidrode @ 24 June 2015 10:14) *
Got my first relic, a Solomonk on my highest lvl 118 char ( kit skill ftw ) and I got thinking about the future. Everyone keeps recommending Wa Cwowns and that walm pelt or something and I've compared my Solomonk to the wa cwown but is it really worth it to swap hats with such little difference in stats ? I mean I could just go Solomonk and Wa Wobboots and get the same effect so what's the point ?

Thanks in advance ^^

-Ex.
The difference is that solomonk is a relic compared to wa crown which is just an epic. (epics werent a thing when solomonk first came out so the crown was much more preferred since you weren't restricted with the epic gear status)

since you have the solomonk now, its fine if u dont get a wa crown, but in the future you'll notice there are better relic substitutions tho they're definitely a lil harder to farm as you progress into the game.

as of now, you're prob best off farming the belt or the woboots. (beware tho that ankama has a tendency to nerf commonly used items or buff items people dont use alot ... aka I see woboots are used alot and walm pelts arent,)

This post has been edited by BlackMagus - June 24, 2015, 10:54:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #879110  Replies : 8  Views : 650
posté June 23, 2015, 21:44:44 | #9

Quote (RynthZero @ 24 May 2015 23:06) *
In the crafting of any Seal weapon from the weapon professions, they all have an upgrade-able version. All except the Azael's Twin Daggers. I think this is very unfair to those that choose it at a low level.

The Close combat profession should gain a recipe for a new Shushu weapon, that is a Dagger. Not that hard to require a Box set of the previous versions or just a unboxed of them.

Anyone else's thoughts on the idea?
First of all, people who chose that craft get TWO weapons, not one (granted they changed it to a sword and dagger instead of 2 daggers....

Secondly, all imperial crafts are being updated (as seen with imperial hat) so chances are they will make a craft for the daggers

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #878918  Replies : 18  Views : 1281
posté June 22, 2015, 21:45:04 | #10

Quote (Gelgy @ 22 June 2015 12:34) *
Time Rifts
I'm not a big fan of the Xelor's teleport being tied to a single elemental spell, even if that spell is Underhand. The ability to teleport an ally to any cell adjacent to an hour cell can be pretty potent, so I can understand the 5 AP cost.

I appreciate that Timekeeper still triggers the Time Rift teleport though. Maybe Xelor could get a few other 3 AP options for placing Time Rifts other than Underhand?

Devotion
Pro: A single cast of devotion can now give AP to an entire team, which is pretty nice. Attaching a WP cost and cooldown to such a powerful effect is also very fair.

The 2-turn duration on devotion is nice too.

Cons: Xelor generally don't enjoy having allies on their hour cells. Even if this shifts to wanting allies on the hour cells, this has very limited tactical value. It blocks the Xelor's movement, and can easily require allies to move into awkward positions. The best spots for the Xelor's hour cells are rarely where anyone else on the team wants to be.

Seriously, I can't see circumstances where the Xelor, or their allies, are going to want a bunch of people on the dial. The only way the Xelor can ensure the Dial is in a position that's useful for this spell is to cast a whole new Dial, which bumps the cost of this spell to 2 AP, 2 MP, and 2 WP.

Suggestion: Could the spell be changed to generate two levels of Devotion on a target single target, with reworked conditions?..

Maybe the new mechanic could be used as a specific case for if the spell is cast on the Dial, if that's at all possible. Just to keep that idea around for the rare cases where several allies actually are on the dial.

Tick
Right now, Tick turns aren't very interesting for fire spells. Only two spells synergize with Aging on Tick turns anymore, and their effects on Tock turns are actually more powerful. The most interesting thing the Xelor can do on a Tick turn is cast Time Control on an ally.

As an aside: I'm getting this sneaking suspicion Xelor is staring right at the limits of what can reasonably be done for the class during the spell revamp. Aging's current mechanics don't really work that well, and they're heavily nerfed by removing the (otherwise useless) initiative burn from so many fire spells too. It would be nice to see Initiative burn and Aging replaced with more useful mechanics but..
the time guard 4ap teleporting isnt broken enough for me to see it being needed to be changed... I mean elios do it relatively cheaper (we need a dial 2ap/1wp, limited to dial and then 4ap to teleport)

even our friggin push is expensive!! like 9 ap plus 2ap for a 3 cell push!? thats 11ap

I don't mind the change to give wp cost to devotion cus we can give ap to the whole team even if we have to deal with a cool down. I do mind that it's a lil more technical to give ap with devotion tho, you can't even cheaply teleport someone on a cell, u'd need to teleport AROUND the cell since can't place directly on the hour... THEN push... (together currently is 5ap1wp to teleport, 3ap 1cell push, then 2ap at least to proc... thats 10ap 1wp to setup devotion ourself)

This post has been edited by BlackMagus - June 22, 2015, 21:45:51.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #878612  Replies : 138  Views : 4988
posté June 22, 2015, 21:26:39 | #11

Quote (BattleReady @ 22 June 2015 20:32) *
I can't make two cents of the out of sync state. Am i suppose to match the AP that the bliboy is using? Or am i suppose to use up all my AP and MP before i end my turn? If this helps, I'm a 10AP 6MP sac.
condensed version:

find mob, see state lvl, (lvl 9)

starting hit gives you state so.... big hit or little hit (save 8 ap+mp)

use 8 (ap+mp) to get to lvl 1 state

done

sidenote: (i dont believe wp is counted towards the state) 

This post has been edited by BlackMagus - June 22, 2015, 21:27:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #878603  Replies : 16  Views : 560
posté June 21, 2015, 02:15:35 | #12

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 20 June 2015 15:58) *
I really thing that Temporal Dust should consume Temporal Gel in the same manner as Hand and Tempus Fugit do , just in an AoE. I think that would give this spell an edge along with hydrant synchronization, would be better for the branch overall .
i think they should either give dust more damage or just give it a fire state similar to scalding (obviously not scalding because xelors aren't close combat players...)

Hydrand should be used as a fire attack amplifier and maybe change its attack based on what fire spells are cast on it

This post has been edited by BlackMagus - June 21, 2015, 02:16:09.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #878122  Replies : 138  Views : 4988
posté June 20, 2015, 09:23:47 | #13
sigh... this news is a lil depressing, I mean, why are xelor support spells expensive? the teleport back to being 5ap, the push being ridiculous even (looks at eni 1ap fear flask) .... i don't even.

the whole... dust hydrand buff... is too minimal for me to even consider. there's really not alot of appeal. I mean to make dust only synergize with hydrand is kinda lazy.

iunno... water looks to be the best update on xelor, the other branches just look lazy now.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #877915  Replies : 138  Views : 4988
posté June 19, 2015, 23:54:24 | #14
over all from the looks of it, air branch needs to be buffed a lil in terms of damage and the biggest problem I prob still have is that initiative loss still hasn't been reworked to be important...

i mean init loss was made for turn bonuses, but now that it's no longer useful for that, can we get it do that people lose turns? pl0x and thank you

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #877748  Replies : 138  Views : 4988
posté June 08, 2015, 21:49:58 | #15

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 08 June 2015 18:52) *
im positive the ap passive is how we are supposed to make 14ap

(meaning dora nio likely a bug)
unless it isnt and it'll be reclassified as a legendary... or maybe they're gonna increase rarity on it to something that hasnt been seen!!

but yea, ap passive will be 14th ap

Xelors HOOOOO~

Ps: before someone makes an inappropriate reference i meant it as Lion-O from thundercats

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #872992  Replies : 25  Views : 1726
posté May 29, 2015, 13:46:17 | #16
Brakmar! The land of pitch and hellfire
Riddled with lava and menacing yet
Cross us and see naught but our ire
This is your last warning so don't regret

Day and night, toiling in the mines
Spelunking, deeper and deeper with weariness in tows
riches of jewels and ores more abundant in confines
forges press and kamas cling, drowning out the pride of our foes

To us, fighting is breathing
Dagger and sword, ready in hand
I warn you now, we're not very trusting
To the end the victor, the last one stand

Sordid activities, far and near
Thought be not faint of heart
Savages and soulless reside here
Injustice serviced daily, til death do we part

Thread : News  Preview message : #867770  Replies : 25  Views : 1122
posté May 29, 2015, 10:24:41 | #17
[Deleted]

This post has been edited by BlackMagus - May 29, 2015, 13:46:30.
Thread : News  Preview message : #867679  Replies : 25  Views : 1122