Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

BlackMagus's profile
Statistics
107 Posts (0.13 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté September 29, 2014, 02:35:56 | #1
welp... this event is a flop for most of us.... ~.~ way to put up an event when classes are not balanced at all for pvp

Thread : News  Preview message : #782085  Replies : 26  Views : 798
posté September 26, 2014, 15:29:39 | #2
I'm not sure if this is the same situation, but I've noticed if you eco-terrorize in a nation, your PvP status will become active so that guards can consider you an outlaw and pk you. I have no idea why it would activate on the conquerable islands, but I assume its possible the island now has wishes to maintain for bonuses and you may have overkilled mobs causing ur PvP status to become active.

tl;dr check ur pvp, turn it off (4hr wait)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #781155  Replies : 6  Views : 289
posté September 22, 2014, 03:02:54 | #3

Quote (smallz117 @ 22 September 2014 03:01) *
Ahh, it isnt a real "I quit" thread until skullnbones posts in it
Plot twist: Zhao is actually Skull

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778782  Replies : 28  Views : 910
posté September 13, 2014, 04:43:14 | #4

Quote (Drowns @ 13 September 2014 04:38) *

Quote (Starbux @ 13 September 2014 04:26) *
Fecas are balanced. Just buff other classes instead and not Nerf feca
I agree with this statement just not in the sense of buffing everything else. They need to change their inflated resistance values and it would solve quite a bit of problems. After which we can look to see what happens to the balance. There isn't a reason why every class should end up above 65% final resistance with large health pools. This causes issues balancing shield numbers and content they release from this point on might cause resistance values to creep forcing shield values to scale even further.

Normally just buffing classes to be on par with each other would cause a power creep but I am not sure if you can use this term here as if they buff things it will inevitably cause extreme shifts in power.

If I had to put it numerically with the current feca they could likely drop a 10k hit down to well under 1000.
the purpose for the changes are to normalize builds. If they didnt do high hp and res, the high damage numbers we see on gears probably couldn't be possible especially pvp. I don't see why tanks shouldn't have their shields nerfed ...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775300  Replies : 13  Views : 413
posté September 13, 2014, 04:14:21 | #5

Quote (yukioe @ 13 September 2014 03:47) *

most of the classes on top of pvp are tanks (atm)

this just isnt true most people in top 10 are damage dealers at least in remington and in bontas listening (witch contains largest chunk of pvpers)
are they a sac, feca, osa mask? if they aren't they will be because tanks are broken, osas if they're smart enough wll have at least 3 summons nowaday with the crow fad and masks are generally op in pvp

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775286  Replies : 13  Views : 413
posté September 13, 2014, 02:57:02 | #6

Quote (Drowns @ 13 September 2014 02:24) *
This isn't surprising the value of health with the new potential resistances is so high and shields are a secondary hp pool. They can drop their damage taken by an outlandish number. The problem ISN'T Feca though. It is the resistance values which are far too high. Sacriers are also kind of insane with the new system as the health pools are so high and the shields are based on their max health. So essentially they only take 30% of the damage done to them then factor in the fact that you can't really kite them with their repositioning tools.

I wanted to make note of this as the appropriate response would be to fix the inflated defensive stats everyone is getting without speccing into it.
I agree tha hp and resistance buffs are a factor because most of the classes on top of pvp are tanks (atm)

Fecas in particular are broken those because while sacs have become tankier, I can still attack through their shields; They full on block my hits and still have time to attack me and hp regen makes attacking worse. From what i've heard about fecas, earth shields and water shields seem to be acting independently so even if u attack through an earth shield, water shields still mitigate the rest of the damage. and full water shields aren't working properly from what I've seen because they're blocking 100% of damage where 50% of the damage should be blocked (even if i'm wrong glyph armor and water armors should still work similarly and not independently of themselves as well)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775265  Replies : 13  Views : 413
posté September 13, 2014, 02:14:28 | #7
Fecas and pvp SO... Ankama screws up again. Everyone break out their Fecas and start pvping because shields are broken. EVEN MANGO PROVED IT ON HIS STREAM!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #775252  Replies : 13  Views : 413
posté September 11, 2014, 23:12:47 | #8
Fecas bugged Crashing Wave Armor does NOT reduce damage by 50% but still remains at 100%

Thread : 1.36 Bug Reports  Preview message : #774576  Replies : 0  Views : 54
posté September 07, 2014, 21:35:48 | #9

Quote (Exelenore @ 07 September 2014 21:29) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 07 September 2014 21:24) *
That aside, I dont see any niche for mono builds aside from tanks because building you cannot build damage in "Force" more than once (up to 20 points after which you'll more than likely have points to build something else), after that you'd probably build hp/resistances (if u intend to stay pure element)
You may not be aware, but all dmg in int is now general dmg as I've come to understand. Although it may seem strange and backwards, the options you have when using a Force stat is simply general dmg or hp and a specific element to add resist too.

Seeing as just about everyone will evenly disperse elemental resist, I wish they would just make 2 options as that's really all there is atm. Hp and general resist and general dmg and general resist is all I see anyone doing.
You mean beta is currently wrong about the stat points? Currently I see 4 (dmg/res) stats and 4 (hp/resistance) stats regarding damage from "Force"

This post has been edited by BlackMagus - September 07, 2014, 21:36:16.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771546  Replies : 32  Views : 710
posté September 07, 2014, 21:24:20 | #10

Quote (Drowns @ 07 September 2014 21:08) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 07 September 2014 20:54) *
I disagree that monobuilds will be able to gain the "fat numbers" in single element. the difference would be fighting with maybe 1200 fire damage compared to someone who hybrids into 1000fire and air damage, if anything i believe pure breeds will become more tankier and multidamage hitters will have smaller damage differences between their main elements.

I'm not forcinng people should go hybrid but from my experience with the game and the new gear, I believe that pure elements will be common at the start of the game, then branch off into hybrids for more damage potential and tribrids will become the "new hybrid" and endgame gear or the more expensive gear will more than likely be high tri-elemental damage.
Why would it matter if you have 1000% fire and air if your elements have no cohesion? Obviously things like xelor (which I think is the healthiest example of element cohesion I just wish water/fire worked) would see better numbers with this but if you have a class with no cohesion your damage numbers would be stronger pumping all of your points into a single element no?

If you were to spend all of your AP to have a 200 base damage turn (just an example) and a class has half of that as fire half of it as air it would end up being less than the individual who just has the single element would yield much higher numbers no? This is obviously not factoring in elemental resistance and the utility that comes off of hybrid.

Edit: I still agree that hybrid is stronger than mono don't get me wrong I just feel like mono has a niche that can still be made use of.
I don't quite understand about having "no cohesion" ....are you referring towards spell to elemental damage cohesion? When i refer to hybrid to purebred damages in battle, I mean to say hybrids can successfully fight mobs with varying resistances, purebreeds cannot fight as many mobs variations.

That aside, I dont see any niche for mono builds aside from tanks because building you cannot build damage in "Force" more than once (up to 20 points after which you'll more than likely have points to build something else), after that you'd probably build hp/resistances (if u intend to stay pure element)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771539  Replies : 32  Views : 710
posté September 07, 2014, 20:54:22 | #11

Quote (Drowns @ 07 September 2014 20:42) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 07 September 2014 20:31) *
The popular archetype of mono builds was only there because lack of gear and stats. Building hybrid or even tribrid was simply impossible. There is honestly NO reason to build one element now aside from aesthetics or to fully cap out your spells.

Currently you can max about 4 spells with a mono build, HOWEVER, spell experience is supposedly going to change soon thereby increasing the amount of spells one can master which defeats another purpose of going a pure breed build
I don't know if you could max all of your abilities in a single element that ramps that average up to a pretty nice number. Obviously some classes will always hybrid over mono but classes that have fat numbers in a single element might scale harder than a duo element.

I agree that hybrid now is just far and beyond more efficient with the current system but I think there is still room for mono element. That said I think hybrid potential builds are healthier for the game in the long run. I have been enjoying the class changes but I fear a rework power creep with the jump in power from feca to sram (especially with the new shield nerfs to feca).

I disagree that monobuilds will be able to gain the "fat numbers" in single element. the difference would be fighting with maybe 1200 fire damage compared to someone who hybrids into 1000fire and air damage, if anything i believe pure breeds will become more tankier and multidamage hitters will have smaller damage differences between their main elements.

I'm not forcinng people should go hybrid but from my experience with the game and the new gear, I believe that pure elements will be common at the start of the game, then branch off into hybrids for more damage potential and tribrids will become the "new hybrid" and endgame gear or the more expensive gear will more than likely be high tri-elemental damage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771516  Replies : 32  Views : 710
posté September 07, 2014, 20:31:08 | #12
The popular archetype of mono builds was only there because lack of gear and stats. Building hybrid or even tribrid was simply impossible. There is honestly NO reason to build one element now aside from aesthetics or to fully cap out your spells.

Currently you can max about 4 spells with a mono build, HOWEVER, spell experience is supposedly going to change soon thereby increasing the amount of spells one can master which defeats another purpose of going a pure breed build

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771499  Replies : 32  Views : 710
posté September 05, 2014, 09:08:10 | #13

Quote (MiniOwlite @ 05 September 2014 06:02) *

Quote (axemangx @ 05 September 2014 05:48) *
When is the slated release for the Almanax mount?
Soon
#Spoon

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #770573  Replies : 703  Views : 17291
posté September 03, 2014, 18:11:33 | #14

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 03 September 2014 18:05) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 03 September 2014 17:56) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 03 September 2014 17:22) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 03 September 2014 16:12) *
How about.... everyone that WANTS a wipe, and doesn't already play on Dathura, go and make a Dathura account and wipe themselves!? Win Win no? ...

Everyone is FREEEEEEEE to start the game anew themselves and NOT be powerleveled. So I have NO idea why people think they have the gall to request a server wipe when there is no need. If there ever was such a need to fix a server, it is called a rollback.

To make it clear, when new players come, they'll obviously start at a disadvantage because most of us have dedicated alot of time and effort leveling and dungeoning so the disparity towards levels will be apparent. It's fair to worry about the game's direction with a rich class/poor class divide, but I feel it gives new players a direction to strive for. I mean we're already at 160 level cap, and we've had plenty of gear revamps I don't see a reason to start asking for a wipe just to benefit a few players that are terribad at the game.
What does dathura have to do with it? lmao
because people who made accounts on the international server along with other servers pretty much delete any other characters made on any other server to retain their dathura characters
That is the complete opposite of how it's handled
yea yea I already made the point I was wrong, they amended it from using your "main" account to access Dathura (essentially removing ur characters from other servers) to making a secondary account thereby removing access to Dathura from your "main" account

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769813  Replies : 212  Views : 2788
posté September 03, 2014, 17:59:01 | #15

Quote (Asthis @ 03 September 2014 17:58) *
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works at all.
Yea nvmd XD woops my error, they amended it from how it first was to transfer characters XD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769804  Replies : 212  Views : 2788
posté September 03, 2014, 17:56:13 | #16

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 03 September 2014 17:22) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 03 September 2014 16:12) *
How about.... everyone that WANTS a wipe, and doesn't already play on Dathura, go and make a Dathura account and wipe themselves!? Win Win no? ...

Everyone is FREEEEEEEE to start the game anew themselves and NOT be powerleveled. So I have NO idea why people think they have the gall to request a server wipe when there is no need. If there ever was such a need to fix a server, it is called a rollback.

To make it clear, when new players come, they'll obviously start at a disadvantage because most of us have dedicated alot of time and effort leveling and dungeoning so the disparity towards levels will be apparent. It's fair to worry about the game's direction with a rich class/poor class divide, but I feel it gives new players a direction to strive for. I mean we're already at 160 level cap, and we've had plenty of gear revamps I don't see a reason to start asking for a wipe just to benefit a few players that are terribad at the game.
What does dathura have to do with it? lmao
because people who made accounts on the international server along with other servers pretty much delete any other characters made on any other server to retain their dathura characters

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769801  Replies : 212  Views : 2788
posté September 03, 2014, 16:12:30 | #17

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769774  Replies : 212  Views : 2788
posté September 02, 2014, 06:11:02 | #18

Quote (Brokonaut @ 02 September 2014 00:56) *
The timer remains 30 seconds. They had to use the 60 second timer though in order to not break the game since it's not fully programmed correctly yet on the Beta build.

• Mango
Eugh... can they at least work at getting us 40 seconds? XD I mean, I play a xelor and I can't even think about using distortion with 20 ap because there's so much to cast that 30 seconds is cutting it more often than not.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #769069  Replies : 46  Views : 1514
posté September 01, 2014, 12:11:58 | #19
I don't see the big deal with the change regardless.... fecas will have amazingly buffed resistances after patch. ALSO, thanks to Mango showing off how overpowered fecas were in dungeons, like 2 manning black wabbit or 3 manning wa (totally obscene btw), it makes partying at on-level dungeons reasonable for people instead of everyone making a feca and just lowballing other classes

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768562  Replies : 13  Views : 390
posté August 31, 2014, 03:56:48 | #20

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 31 August 2014 03:52) *

Quote (picklesaregood @ 31 August 2014 03:37) *
think about it, 2 weeks to get a hardest item in the game

how long will you play this game for? another month cause you will have all the gear you possibly need and nothing else you would want
People have plenty of goals other than having the best gear possible. Crafting, economy, pvp, haven worlds etc. That doesnt all end just because you have a relic on one of your characters - as theres always that option too - more characters. The solution to keeping people in the game is not too make everything tediously grindy

I agree with being able to turn the relic aura on and off, there are some I simply dont like and others that I feel override your character. But I know that unless I were to drop it from the boss I'd rely on linked tokens to get my relic and there are some auras I'd like to have, but then again I do think tradeable relics need some sort of additional value over linked relics. Ultimately I wouldnt mind because I like the accessibility offered by the linked fragments, so I could give up the aura on actually having a relic :x
This whole process is about making harder things more accessible to newer players as well as any future players. It's also noted in the Beta server that harvesting times are changed, for example: cutting down a tree takes "3sec" from it's before time "10sec".

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768030  Replies : 162  Views : 2160