Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

BlackMagus's profile
Statistics
314 Posts (0.3 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 12:24:20 | #1

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 22 May 2015 03:05) *
The spell revamp is aimed at end game players

because its end game content

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
problem that everyone seems to have with this idea is simply that everyone wants to use all their spells cus they make for good utility

Honestly I think this structure is a good start but is gonna need a lot of work...

either increase elemental spells along with active and passives or diversify the current 15 spells that each class is given to be a damage spell or utility spell (essentially making 30 spells and such that a utility spell slot branch can be added to the deck so that everyone has damage while maintaining utility as well)

regardless, i see that the direction of the game is to have players diversify their playstyles among similar classes and as a whole, but the only way to fairly do that is to increase our current movepool so that we can be fairly restricted to diversify amongst ourselves while keeping our style of utility

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864626  Replies : 28  Views : 500
posté Today - 01:34:36 | #2

Quote (MODItsade @ 22 May 2015 01:09) *

Quote (Gelgy @ 21 May 2015 22:29) *
See, now I want the story.

No, you don't. I have read it and believe me, you do not.
yea... you don't... i've read it... (briefly) and even gotten hate's skype reading version. neither are pretty lol

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864409  Replies : 35  Views : 775
posté Today - 00:36:24 | #3

Quote (Hudski @ 21 May 2015 12:53) *
Magmog is female, otherwise Hatespawn wouldn't have been able to...

Uh, I'll wait for someone else to repost that story.
that or the story with cheese?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864389  Replies : 35  Views : 775
posté Yesterday - 07:05:51 | #4
i think magmog is female... just like Moowolf is also female

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863913  Replies : 35  Views : 775
posté May 20, 2015, 12:35:48 | #5

Quote (SupersunZeratul @ 20 May 2015 12:25) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 20 May 2015 11:50) *

Quote (SupersunZeratul @ 20 May 2015 04:01) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 20 May 2015 00:51) *

Quote (Zygarde @ 19 May 2015 20:48) *
What message are you getting when you enter the code? And which code are you using?

The code should be 91QIDFE74K3W. Sabi accidentally posted the code 91Q1DFE74K3W in chat, but a lot of people missed the correction since it was at the time the stream was ending.

The code Sabi posted is the same code that was given out at PAX East, so you won't be able to redeem it if you used the code back then.
thats... wow, pretty sloppy work
What? Should they hire an editor to monitor everything Sabi says before she posts?

I've seen much bigger typos slip by much bigger companies than accidentally entering a 1 instead of an I.
sure... its not a huge error, but a lil unprofessional imo. she's already apologized about sharing a "community restricted code" so I won't badger her about it. But this kinda stream is what puts Ankama on map and it should be taken seriously... and I guess if you don't think so, you can be content with how things are....
There's unprofessional and then there's just simple human error.

It's not like they released a news post riddled in typos that don't get quickly fixed.

I mean haven't you ever entered a code and accidentally made a minor change that's difficult to notice like changing a I to a 1? I mean it generally takes like 5-6 times to finally notice it.

Being serious, as you put it, doesn't lead to human errors getting fixed, but rather that stuff like this just not happening in the future. Being overly critical is what leads to most game companies refusing to answer any question unless it's been through the PR blender 50 times and all you can get out of them are half fluff answers that don't actually say anything at all.

I for one prefer a more open and fluent team even if it leads to more errors. There's enough companies that won't do anything special because of the few people that will crucify them over it.

I mean, serious question, did you even watch the stream? Your critique is that Sabi accidentally entered a 1 instead of an I when posting a code that was quickly corrected on the chat of the stream over the fact that the host forgot to allow Sabi to post links into the chat ahead of time?

Yeah, these streams are a big deal that put Ankama on the map, but the mistakes that Sabi made on the stream were miniscule compared to the host of the stream itself. If that's your complaing you should rather be directing it to him.
you're arguing a totally different matter, im arguing that the code was already used for Pax East

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863604  Replies : 13  Views : 501
posté May 20, 2015, 11:50:53 | #6

Quote (SupersunZeratul @ 20 May 2015 04:01) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 20 May 2015 00:51) *

What message are you getting when you enter the code? And which code are you using?

The code should be 91QIDFE74K3W. Sabi accidentally posted the code 91Q1DFE74K3W in chat, but a lot of people missed the correction since it was at the time the stream was ending.

The code Sabi posted is the same code that was given out at PAX East, so you won't be able to redeem it if you used the code back then.
What? Should they hire an editor to monitor everything Sabi says before she posts?

I've seen much bigger typos slip by much bigger companies than accidentally entering a 1 instead of an I.
sure... its not a huge error, but a lil unprofessional imo. she's already apologized about sharing a "community restricted code" so I won't badger her about it. But this kinda stream is what puts Ankama on map and it should be taken seriously... and I guess if you don't think so, you can be content with how things are....

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863592  Replies : 13  Views : 501
posté May 20, 2015, 00:51:12 | #7

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863443  Replies : 13  Views : 501
posté May 19, 2015, 19:10:12 | #8

Quote (-Celio- @ 19 May 2015 18:56) *

Quote (Wishie @ 19 May 2015 12:06) *
Mono water Eniripsas. xD God I can't believe I was one once upon a time.

I just made a Tank water DPS Aniripsa because why not, i don't think is that bad.
tank water enis existed since magmog.... they needed to be able to take them early meteors

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863348  Replies : 27  Views : 656
posté May 19, 2015, 19:08:27 | #9

Quote (Monsterjellybelly @ 19 May 2015 19:04) *
December-->March/April--.>June-->??

Seriously though, is anyone else not surprised this has been postponed?

Everyone was so certain it was coming out in June and I'm like
december to march/april was simply cus they released the idea too early.... it was kinda their fault for mentioning it (ankama has a problem with vomiting info out with no due date) the June date was kinda what we hoped for but I think if they really don't release it this upcoming patch, it could be to due with raid dungeon not being up to standard

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863345  Replies : 34  Views : 1042
posté May 19, 2015, 18:57:27 | #10

Quote (-Celio- @ 19 May 2015 18:53) *

Quote (Hearttyace @ 19 May 2015 17:45) *
2. It shouldn't even be so high maintenance as it is currently(What the actual F*ck)

I love when people who doesn't make games say how much time will cost something.
Seriusly, they are changing how the game will work from that day and you say that like its just make a character a sidekick (wich will be actually easy, but is not what it is)

Quote (BlackMagus @ 19 May 2015 18:53) *
well... to be fair the addition of heroes is kinda only relevant to this game model (srpg mmo) whereas ofc you could only reasonably play solo in a regular mmo/moba

Well most MMO have combat pets, so...
i think dofus has a combat pet model... no? (i remember seeing summons that arent relevant to normal classes so im not sure if thats what that is) but when i refer to heroes i mean a full bodied normal character pretty much like the multimen that ... honestly no one realistically uses cus it wasnt fleshed out enough

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863340  Replies : 34  Views : 1042
posté May 19, 2015, 18:53:22 | #11

Quote (Hearttyace @ 19 May 2015 17:45) *
this is due to me not thinking it's a healthy addition to any game.
well... to be fair the addition of heroes is kinda only relevant to this game model (srpg mmo) whereas ofc you could only reasonably play solo in a regular mmo/moba

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863336  Replies : 34  Views : 1042
posté May 19, 2015, 18:49:26 | #12
are u playing on int'l server?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863334  Replies : 13  Views : 501
posté May 19, 2015, 15:33:04 | #13

Quote (piromasta @ 19 May 2015 15:29) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 May 2015 15:17) *
... with a cra and a lock trank)
Does trank survive? ; _ ;

Also, Borbat and Krobot explosion damage works for the wind proc on the Arachnomeca. Have yet to try mecha on mecha action yet, unless it was for a sure kill.
lol trank never survives in my groups.... or any additional multiman i bring.... i think flame knight would be a good replacement. if only for like... chad to replace the earth damage

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863241  Replies : 53  Views : 3915
posté May 19, 2015, 15:31:12 | #14

Quote (rdo201 @ 19 May 2015 15:29) *
I really don't understand why heroes are not released yet. If there are many problems with quest management for "company", or how is it called, why not split release into two phases?
First phase - heroes act like sidekicks, doen't appear on map, quests are only for main char. Even in this way, release will be ok, players will be happy. After that developers could fix quest bugs for months without any problems.
And phase two - all others mostly cosmetical issues: display on map, parallel quest competion and so on.
But wait, we will be delay and delay release, making players leave the game.
The only reason I see - Ankama made a promise which don't want to make for some reasons, maybe money or community crush into pairs. First two-player mmo, ever made. They can't say, "guys, we think heroes release will destroy game, so we will not implement it, you are free to leave", so they delaying feature release.
well 1st it was a matter of bugs, 2nd it'll prob be a matter of timing needed for marketing team to decide pricing and whatnot and lastly it'll be up to them on timing it with whatever they want

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863238  Replies : 34  Views : 1042
posté May 19, 2015, 15:29:35 | #15

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 May 2015 15:07) *
yeah all the salt is among the village coasts in each nation and in the one mine with the stairway down. (and in the sewer)
yea but who bothers with small portions that make u wait compared to areas that u can make a routine cycle thru... i mean the mines in the sewer

This post has been edited by BlackMagus - May 19, 2015, 15:29:55.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863236  Replies : 15  Views : 319
posté May 19, 2015, 15:27:26 | #16

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 May 2015 15:17) *
they are predictable. if you stand 2 away from a spider it will stop on you. what you need is good map manipulation and all 4 elements, and a push. preferable you want someone who can water, air, and fire the spiders to make them pop (xelor seems well suited,) someone who can stack earth on the birds and someone who can do collision (so like, a cra or sac) to make the birds pop.

and you should be able to at least do the first two rooms, and colelct the tokens for the gear. alternatively save up kamas and buy the gear from me.

(and yeah you dont want to do a random team. i do it with an enutroph and a krobax, and with a cra and a lock trank)
i use trank to lock em down, but they still move irregularly sometimes ... especially borbats. and spiders in 2nd room, 1st room the borbats run to anything that looks "yummy" lol quite a pain when i can get then in like an aoe around the 520 mark if not kill them by 500, and the 2nd room spiders dont move according to how i want an aoe set for killing the crow... so i have to play ball and fix it but ... UGH such a drain on time fixing stuff

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863233  Replies : 53  Views : 3915
posté May 19, 2015, 15:22:46 | #17

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 May 2015 15:09) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 19 May 2015 14:56) *
I think some of that is what the "Spell Deck" update will do.

My understanding on "active and passive spells" is that it means "elemental spells" and "specialties".

nah man, when people say passives they mean the passive specialty spells that you don't cast, therefor actives, by contrast, are the specialty spells you do cast. therefor "actives and passive" generally refers to specialties, not elemental spells.
Yea, but i wouldnt consider passives as "spells" but we'll see. I still retain that they'll take a limit of our elemental spells based on our choosing and have them immediately be a level proportional to our level, but i suppose it'll be more of a permanent choice compared to specialties which will be picking and choosing

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863230  Replies : 18  Views : 534
posté May 19, 2015, 15:14:30 | #18

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 May 2015 15:04) *
if you structure ini and elements right you dont need to do any real damage to defeat the mobs. level appropriate groups could concievably do it, using the various mobs as the appropriate bomb.
my problem with the dungeon is that it's ENTIRELY difficult for a lvl 75 dungeon. I get the gear is good for lvl 80's but ugh... even at 175, the mobs are somewhat unreasonable in their movements ~.~

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863223  Replies : 53  Views : 3915
posté May 19, 2015, 15:11:30 | #19
hrmmm... well the most useless class currently (at least not updated currently) gotta be a tie between mask and eni...

but I'll say earth tank lock eni.

my other option for mask would've been the same, but at least you can like... scramble mobs together around you and lock em since masks inherently have high dodge and mobility around mobs

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863219  Replies : 27  Views : 656
posté May 19, 2015, 15:06:02 | #20

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 19 May 2015 15:02) *
i dont know why sufokia doesn't have a salt quarry like it does carbon and iron. if theres anyplace in the world where you'd expect to find one its sufokia
I remember before .... (iunno if salt quarries were added currently) but I mined in Brakmar along the coast of uhhh... the newb area with tofu dungeon

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863216  Replies : 15  Views : 319