Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

BlackMagus's profile
Statistics
142 Posts (0.16 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 03:45:43 | #1
if it's not server issues, i'd assume its a duper causing issues for the server >.>

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #800673  Replies : 10  Views : 270
posté November 24, 2014, 06:29:32 | #2
maybe it'll make a comeback once specialties get revamped o3o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800298  Replies : 14  Views : 577
posté November 23, 2014, 00:26:09 | #3

Quote (ChuckIevoodoo @ 23 November 2014 00:18) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 23 November 2014 00:11) *

Quote (picklesaregood @ 22 November 2014 23:57) *
nah the reason why i feel that way is yes, not knowing mechanics will make a fight hard

but once you understand the mechanics, is it still hard?

thats all wakfu has going for it at the moment, those mechanics to make the game hard so once you take that away what do you have left?

easy mode

agosta first language must not be english if he thinks mechanics is the hardest part of the game
or he just had a really bad education or dropped from high school if the hardest part about wakfu is understanding "dont end 3 tiles in front or behind of the boss"
understanding mechanics 'is' the hard part. Not to mention... just because YOU understand mechanics, doesn't mean your WHOLE TEAM will. You can argue how explaining mechanics will solve that dillema, but honestly i've run dungeons enough to know people need the experience to remember mechanics rather than be told and know they should or shouldn't do something

And I can name ONE dungeon thats still a pain in the butt to do even with mechanics understand....

Hagen... god friggin takes forever just to kill him. Even learning his mechanics was a pain in the butt when he was released.

Lenald dungeon is a pain to do as well.... but i think thats a dungeon where dmg to mobs prob makes the run easier cus shields are more likely to proc with small weak hits.

these are how you should classify a HARD dungeon:
- will more dmg make the run smoother
- are the mechanics easy to understand
-are the mechanics easily repeatable
-lastly, can you spam the dungeon
(Also....i forgot to mention, can u and your team survive the whole encounter, thats a factor too XD)
I agree with that checklist.
I also think that some mechanics shouldnt be total bs. {looking at you HC Sugnuf}
pfft sugnuf will be a cakewalk compared to the hc boss on beta... i dont even KNOW what hc will be like for 2nd boss. and raids arent even out.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799946  Replies : 264  Views : 6405
posté November 23, 2014, 00:11:25 | #4

Quote (picklesaregood @ 22 November 2014 23:57) *
nah the reason why i feel that way is yes, not knowing mechanics will make a fight hard

but once you understand the mechanics, is it still hard?

thats all wakfu has going for it at the moment, those mechanics to make the game hard so once you take that away what do you have left?

easy mode

agosta first language must not be english if he thinks mechanics is the hardest part of the game
or he just had a really bad education or dropped from high school if the hardest part about wakfu is understanding "dont end 3 tiles in front or behind of the boss"
understanding mechanics 'is' the hard part. Not to mention... just because YOU understand mechanics, doesn't mean your WHOLE TEAM will. You can argue how explaining mechanics will solve that dillema, but honestly i've run dungeons enough to know people need the experience to remember mechanics rather than be told and know they should or shouldn't do something

And I can name ONE dungeon thats still a pain in the butt to do even with mechanics understand....

Hagen... god friggin takes forever just to kill him. Even learning his mechanics was a pain in the butt when he was released.

Lenald dungeon is a pain to do as well.... but i think thats a dungeon where dmg to mobs prob makes the run easier cus shields are more likely to proc with small weak hits.

these are how you should classify a HARD dungeon:
- will more dmg make the run smoother
- are the mechanics easy to understand
-are the mechanics easily repeatable
-lastly, can you spam the dungeon
(Also....i forgot to mention, can u and your team survive the whole encounter, thats a factor too XD)

This post has been edited by BlackMagus - November 23, 2014, 00:12:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799942  Replies : 264  Views : 6405
posté November 22, 2014, 23:54:17 | #5

Quote (picklesaregood @ 22 November 2014 23:49) *

Quote (Agosta @ 22 November 2014 23:43) *
If you go with a group that's properly geared and understand the fight it's easy, but the dungeons aren't auto-win.

if you go with a group to necro and everyone ends their turn on a death tile every turn no shit you're probably going to wipe

does it make the dungeon hard? no it doesnt, understanding mechanics isn't what makes a dungeon "hard"

its 90% how strong the monsters are, and 10% mechanics

you can have the most mechanically confusing monster but if you're able to kill them in one hit with a 1 ap spell, are they hard once you understand the mechanics?

what about a monster with 5000% dmg and 10k hp but has 0 mechanics?

recheck your definition of hard, mechanics is a part of it but its not 100% of it
actually mechanics are a large part in why dungeons are hard. I mean I'm 160, but I wouldn't dare try dpig with a group that had poor understanding on his mechanics.

Gear and levels certainly make a dungeon run smoother, but I wont say all dungeons are easy to run if u have gear and levels.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799933  Replies : 264  Views : 6405
posté November 22, 2014, 23:48:27 | #6

Quote (Agosta @ 22 November 2014 23:43) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 22 November 2014 23:40) *

Quote (picklesaregood @ 22 November 2014 23:35) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 22 November 2014 23:31) *
so yes... Content is currently in easy mode even in HC mode because balancing wasn't properly done in advance, but Xelorium content will kick your butts.

nah according to this agosta kid, everything is still hard yet he couldnt do hc dungeons before update and now he magically can, it has nothing to do with the complete revamp the game went through its cause he's suddenly awesome!

other than that, yes you're right blackmagus its already been stated by ankama themself that they didnt "balance" the monsters well enough for the update and i think its likely xelorium will be hard also and for anyone to say this game "isn't easier" is probably one of the people i mentioned earlier about not knowing how to play their class to begin with
uhhh it has everything to do with update... we have like 2-3 times more hp and like 30 more resistance in everything.

And if he claims its hard then .... well maybe get a new group? Iunno... it's hard for rando' groups to get together and do a HC dungeon. (I for one hate doing latest content dungeon runs with randoms... I waste like an extra 30minutes to an hr doing so)

If you go with a group that's properly geared and understand the fight it's easy, but the dungeons aren't auto-win.
ewww group finder XD.... if that's why you're saying the dungeon is hard, then ofc. You'd need to run it a good 2-3 times before you can get the swing of the dungeon and flow with ur group better, Unfortunately, groups dont last that long and getting the same group later on is hard, then you have to replace it with more scrubs then teach them, and thus a vicious cycle forms

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799930  Replies : 264  Views : 6405
posté November 22, 2014, 23:40:05 | #7

Quote (picklesaregood @ 22 November 2014 23:35) *

Quote (BlackMagus @ 22 November 2014 23:31) *
so yes... Content is currently in easy mode even in HC mode because balancing wasn't properly done in advance, but Xelorium content will kick your butts.

nah according to this agosta kid, everything is still hard yet he couldnt do hc dungeons before update and now he magically can, it has nothing to do with the complete revamp the game went through its cause he's suddenly awesome!

other than that, yes you're right blackmagus its already been stated by ankama themself that they didnt "balance" the monsters well enough for the update and i think its likely xelorium will be hard also and for anyone to say this game "isn't easier" is probably one of the people i mentioned earlier about not knowing how to play their class to begin with
uhhh it has everything to do with update... we have like 2-3 times more hp and like 30 more resistance in everything.

And if he claims its hard then .... well maybe get a new group? Iunno... it's hard for rando' groups to get together and do a HC dungeon. (I for one hate doing latest content dungeon runs with randoms... I waste like an extra 30minutes to an hr doing so)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799926  Replies : 264  Views : 6405
posté November 22, 2014, 23:31:47 | #8
lala easy.... uhh only reason some scrubs can claim content is easy is because srambad and enurado content were released with gear and stat revamp...

I suggest any of you who thinks they're ready for December patch go try out the new bosses on beta and come back and say it's easy, because these bosses are a doozy.... if anything go try and spam HC sugnuf boss and say how long you can go without getting exhausted because new bosses are gonna be 10x harder (maybe thats an overstatement but they WILL be more challenging than latest bosses)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799918  Replies : 264  Views : 6405
posté November 22, 2014, 00:14:45 | #9

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 12 November 2014 20:08) *

Another voyager

Not a single eliatrope in sight

I wonder why people still think the new class is eliatropes
I'm pretty sure voyagers will be a thing after Eliotropes tho... it makes sense to make a sub class for xelor god to be a "dimension" class to go with the whole "space-time" novelty just as osas and foggers kinda represent a kind of "life-death" relationship... I don't know what to say concerning the sadida-mask relationship or the sram-rogue relationships aside from how they're similar

If you read the in-game plot, I remember a line stating that Pandora was related to Harebourg's test subjects... something along the lines of: oh I'm surprised to see one of Harebourg's test subject or some such.

I don't know how they'd be made into a class seeing as you'd need the power of a god like yugo demonstrated, but maybe that doesn't account for subclasses. ...eh

(also I can't remember if it was Harebourg or Frigost.... too many evil xelors to keep track of @.@)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799568  Replies : 256  Views : 13507
posté November 16, 2014, 04:26:41 | #10
Honestly I think xelor class might get revamped next even though i'd agree cra, iop and even sac are perfectly fine candidates.

With the animation updates, anyone would wonder if they have something in the works, although xelor doesn't need major tweaking aside from water branch getting buffed in dmg or ap stealing, aging mechanic buffed a bit at least as far as ap steal dmg and initiative losses being updated for the fire branch since initiatives no longer effect battles since speed bonuses are now set at every 3 turns

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #797110  Replies : 107  Views : 2744
posté November 14, 2014, 22:43:23 | #11
Have people forgotten about raids??? I mean this sounds like a good precursor for those imcoming dungeons...

And also, to be fair... who groups with more than 2 or 3 people... the lagging, the time waiting.. UGH kill me... not to mention that one scrub who does pay attention, goes afk, doesn't know what he's doing or just plain forgets special boss mechanics....

the list goes on

If you are someone complaining about group play being excluded... PLEASE!!! Give me a better excuse. The only ones who WILL continue group play are the ones dedicated to doing it... not like the game will prevent you from making a group or sparing an alt to include someone but geez... i'm tired of people who make complaints about grouping with people knowing this a game about time and strategy and people who simply skip their turn for one reason or another without your control is just a hindurance...

I'm not saying grouping is bad... but having a large group of single boxers, five other people... who each have different systems with lag possiblities make complex strats pretty impossible. If the game were a fast paced with more time maybe I could see the point, but this game is unforgiving as it is, and I'm thankful for this change

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796579  Replies : 264  Views : 6405
posté November 14, 2014, 22:14:56 | #12
is it officially 2 alts? last time i went on beta i could have a full team of 6

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796552  Replies : 264  Views : 6405
posté November 13, 2014, 16:14:02 | #13

Quote (WwhitecrowW @ 03 October 2014 21:01) *
Otomai BP is not worth the effort to make - just giving you a heads up.

Gelano - 40 runs subbed if no frags drop
Solomonk - 50 runs subbed if no frags drop
PDB - 50 runs subbed if no frags drop

All these give ap and are quite a bit better than otomai and easier to get. Also - you can probably buy it quicker than doing the quest. Last I checked they're *not* selling for even 3 mil kama.

Otomai BP either needs to be made easier to get, buffed, or have the quest line to continue making it into a higher relic soon.
actually otomai's bp is rumored to be used in more advanced gear so who knows if this is ankama's ploy to limit bps XD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #796090  Replies : 15  Views : 1164
posté November 12, 2014, 23:06:42 | #14

Quote (Agosta @ 12 November 2014 22:29) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 12 November 2014 16:58) *
ankama probably has less people to make new islands so it will be like this for maybe another year.

Dofus is already on their 4th dimension soon and we're barely at 2.

Dofus has up to Xelorium just like Wakfu. Do you ever not bullshit when you post?
Dofus will be getting osa dimension next... not to mentioned they have 3 class dimensions atm along with that whale content after enurado and the mini dimension after xelorium

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #795883  Replies : 47  Views : 1937
posté November 12, 2014, 19:58:50 | #15
Pretty sure Sabi will reply with her usual "Guessing Game" then patch .... ie: Hotfix patch will be announced for next week.

Real question is when will December Patch come... ie: before Christmas maybe?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #795812  Replies : 47  Views : 1937
posté November 07, 2014, 22:13:45 | #16

Quote (FinroyThePuppeteer @ 07 November 2014 11:28) *
I notice some items of equip that seems to be tied to Kralaman. And a few costumes that are completely not been yet shown anywhere... That is a nice find.

This particular Image seems to me as a some sort of Xelorium set possibly...
that looks like something missiz frizz wore in dofus

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #794236  Replies : 15  Views : 654
posté November 07, 2014, 19:07:56 | #17
First off, lemme clarify this message is aimed at making the marketing team better and is in no way bashing them.

We all see Ankama grow and we all know the Wakfu division is very... "green" in terms of not only following their player base and responding in terms of their game, but their marketing and production as well

I already know that there are different branches of marketing for each server... so does anyone know why they STILL haven't come to a consensus on marketing??? Why are cosmetics items being limited on each server??? Is there some secret limit that Ankama hasn't told us? It's baffling how much money Ankama loses because they pick and choose which community to give costumes to. I mean there are certain gaming companies who make a LIVING off custom character skins... Ankama get on the ball and follow up on the trend (oh.... and please DO NOT FOLLOW THE APAC SYSTEM!! you will FORSURE have a falling out if we see "rentable" p2w costumes...)

Another thing, ANKAMA....STOP BREAKING THE PAYMENT METHODS!!! We WANNA pay you guys, but more often than not, I see someone who has a problem with making a transaction because their card isn't accepted. GET ON IT!!! sheesh. Maybe even get onto making a payment card the WHOLE playerbase can use???

Then there's the case of professionalism. There are occasions where we have somewhat false advertisement. For example, the Al Howin Mount Costume, was at one point intended to be received through a purchase of 5000 or more ogrines, but in the end just bugged out... which was eventually fixed and reverted to the original method of purchase. We saw a similar issue with the steam payments and where the ogrine package didn't correlate to the amount received and only did it get acknowledged when Troyle posted on steam about it. Personally, it's annoying to see these kinds of advertisement left alone festering for as long as they do and then... EVENTUALLY amended. In the future, PLEASE be more respectful of our money. If there's a flaw with an advertising, FIX IS ASAP or let the community be aware ASAP.

All in all, we'd like to see Wakfu keep growing and we see it in the development team... but this marketing team is falling short on what we want from our Wakfu experience and I don't think Sabi's apologies can truly take up for these flaws that're noticeable by the majority of the player base.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #794142  Replies : 106  Views : 2524
posté November 07, 2014, 11:30:28 | #18

Quote (Eniilicious @ 07 November 2014 10:44) *
RaZept's list is fully correct.
Crit fail and lock do not add to Frenzy.
crit fail DOES apply... i mean how would you account for 14 states for achievement???

....Lock however is not applied... I mean that's what everyone does regularly. @.@

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #794046  Replies : 16  Views : 699
posté November 02, 2014, 02:09:20 | #19

Quote (Nox16 @ 02 November 2014 02:04) *
All i know about raids... is that in general they take forever... I really dont want something thats going to take more than 6 hours to do :c
,....mmm that probably would happen with a wakfu raid considering wakfu's dungeon times used to be about an hour to two at most. (i believe legitimate dungeons take between 30min to an hour to complete now without too much trouble)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #792323  Replies : 20  Views : 1024
posté November 02, 2014, 01:47:31 | #20
XD kk I guess im still unclear on how a dungeon raid mechanic will be translated in terms of wakfu... but large size parties being a possibility is pretty exciting because with it fights can get messier and honestly when bosses allow for "messier" fights its always exciting imo

My opinion on the matter is, maybe they can make more game content to be "messier" and some to be "stricter". The dungeons are kinda funneling at endgame and theres not a lot of gear for all types of builds... similar to how elemental gear was restricting as there was only one set of it for an extended period. if more dungeons can be easier and fun for group finder to matchmake then all the better and then leave in the particularly harder dungeons to be attempted by those people who want to extend their gameplay past the norm....

(but this is all based on if "messier" dungeons can be achieved with less work because i think the game could use with more content at a faster rate and then spend needed time on more important dungeons while everyone spends time farming dungeons)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #792318  Replies : 20  Views : 1024