Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

HumminaH's profile
Statistics
25 Posts (0.05 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté January 16, 2015, 03:31:00 | #1

Quote (Testimony @ 14 January 2015 02:52) *
So I can just run piwi dungeon and get lvl 160 Tokens?
Imo Wakfu's systems are just too different and they'd have to do some significant revamps to make it work.
You're probably right. But keep in mind, these level 160 players, would be scaled down to the level of dungeon, making it not so easy- especially with a pug.

I do still think you need a way to properly motivate high level players to play low level dungeons, so maybe not give them level 160 tokens, but some fraction of that. Figure out how long piwi dungeon runs take on average compared with 160 dungeons. If it takes 15 minutes to run piwi, but an hour to run a lvl 160 dungeon, give 1/4th the amount tokens for doing the piwi dungeon.

The idea is to put a nice carrot out there for group play and with a lower than average player population game like Wakfu this imho is critically important.

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 14 January 2015 12:36) *
Maybe dungeons should offer +20% exp if youre within 5 levels of the dungeon or something, so people progress through them like area zones instead of jumping to the main ones.
Wow I should have read this first =)

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 15 January 2015 04:07) *
If the group finder was better/simpler than it is, it would be more of a help in finding lower lvl groups, which would alleviate the need for pw lvling more
Agreed. A very popular mmo has an amazing group finder. I think its a big key to its success- even if group play put together in this way isn't always a good experience.

This post has been edited by HumminaH - January 16, 2015, 03:32:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #820285  Replies : 23  Views : 1893
posté January 16, 2015, 03:14:04 | #2

Quote (Merriden @ 14 January 2015 04:27) *

Quote (HumminaH @ 14 January 2015 02:17) *
Not everyone enjoys or has time to level crafting, trapper, etc- Just to Change Gear Elements. Some of us are busy working and raising a family.

Sounds like MMOs are not for you.

That's not a jab, by the way; it's my observation. Someone who doesn't have the time and energy to devote to this game is not the target demographic, so your feedback will probably not be taken very seriously.
I've been playing mmo's since swg.It's may favorite hobby. But you may be right in the current way this game is played. My hope is that developers see how this system is punishing, since maybe they don't know that- and can help casual players enjoy the game more.

Quote (Ruhka @ 14 January 2015 08:09) *
I'd have to say, crafting in this game is not that hard or as time consuming as it is made out to be, especially when you compare it to levels like 130+

Here is a GREAT way to craft, seriously. Handyman is by far the easiest to craft and level since 9 out of 10 times, what you are killing can and will drop stuff you can use for handyman.

SAVE EVERYTHING!!!!

Then just park yourself in town for like 100-200 crafts and go vacuum, wash your car, clean the kitchen. Whatever.

You come back, boom you got a few levels.

Even better, gather up and save mats for those special Ankama crafting weekends.

Option 2... You are almost to a point where you can make a quick sum of money, I believe 115, Castuc quest line and then 120 at wabbits. Getting the items to let you go treasure hunting.

Option 3.... Make friends. Not that hard really. People can and do help you in this game with free gear and transmutes. Trust me, I could unload so much gear around your level that I saved from AW runs. I was just gonna crush it one day.
Oh I'm a pack rat! One of my character slots is just for storing crafting mats! =)

You've got my attention with option 2 and I'm heading there tonight! (I've been grinding in whispers-yawn)

I'm in a good and friendly guild but I don't want to be freeloader. I just want achievable options - as a relative noob.

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 14 January 2015 11:33) *
While transmutes are annoying, its still far better than having very few options equips wise. Personally in the long run its always worth it to lvl bread, farming, handy and trapper. Transmutes and bread eat a hole in your pocket fast, neither is overly expensive but add up fast. also not having enough of what you want on the market is common for consumables. Plus with handy you wont have to buy ikias etc And crafts give you more sources of reliable income
I'm leveling handy (lvl 60), farmer, miner at the moment. I enjoy it when I just want something to veg out to.

Thanks for constructive feedback all.

But I dont think my point has really sunk in. It should be relatively achievable to acquire leveling gear. It doesnt really make sense in it's current state because;

a) it takes to long to get gear for your level and you end up out leveling the gear you were after in the first place, or

b) costs to much to for a noob with little income to purchase mute stones.

This post has been edited by HumminaH - January 16, 2015, 03:17:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #820283  Replies : 42  Views : 2068
posté January 14, 2015, 02:32:59 | #3

Quote (ChuckIevoodoo @ 14 January 2015 02:09) *
transmutes aint that bad tons of people have spares to transmute your stuff.
I guess I could ask for those, but it feels like I'm mooching off of others. Maybe they're more common than I think...

Quote (Asriah @ 14 January 2015 02:19) *

Quote (HumminaH @ 14 January 2015 02:17) *

Quote (Asriah @ 14 January 2015 01:48) *
So thats when you level handicraft and trapper so you're a self sufficient player who can make his own trans stones/keys/plant mobs you need to kill.

Kinda like what I did rather than complain that gear wasn't a piece of cake to acquire on the forums.

Not everyone enjoys or has time to level crafting, trapper, etc. Some of us are busy working and raising a family.

I'm not complaining, I'm offering feedback to developers. Yet here you sit complaining about me on forums for this feedback... children should be seen and not heard.

And what, I had all the time in the world? This is the shittiest excuse for being lazy and it doesn't get less shitty the more people use it. This is the design of the game. If you can't be bothered to devote your play time to making 'the gear grind' easier for yourself then don't come onto the forums expecting Ankama to do it for you.

I enjoy crafting almost as much as playing my characters. My handyman is about level 60. But crafting is a bigger grind than leveling. Again, most adults with adult lives can't do it all. We're too busy. There are options to think about like this option I'm offering here.

Casual players with jobs - spend money. Wakfu, believe it or not - is a business. Business is about making money. If Ankama can figure out how to make more players happy, Ankama will make more money. But I don't have to explain this Ankama- they know this.

Besides that, I don't value your opinion and I doubt Ankama does either... so don't expect any more replies to your angry posts from me. But have it, get it all out kid...puberty can be a frustrating time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819719  Replies : 42  Views : 2068
posté January 14, 2015, 02:17:54 | #4

Quote (Asriah @ 14 January 2015 01:48) *
So thats when you level handicraft and trapper so you're a self sufficient player who can make his own trans stones/keys/plant mobs you need to kill.

Kinda like what I did rather than complain that gear wasn't a piece of cake to acquire on the forums.

Not everyone enjoys or has time to level crafting, trapper, etc- Just to Change Gear Elements. Some of us are busy working and raising a family.

I'm not complaining, I'm offering feedback to developers. Yet here you sit complaining about me on forums for this feedback... children should be seen and not heard.

This post has been edited by HumminaH - January 14, 2015, 02:19:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819716  Replies : 42  Views : 2068
posté January 14, 2015, 02:11:31 | #5
Power Leveling v. Dungeon Groups - Making it Fun I don't mind the grind but it seems like the standard thing for people to do- even new players, is to seek out higher level players to power level them to max level.

If that's what you like, that's fine by me. I however, enjoy the challenge of grouping with players my own level. I don't want it easy. I don't want to sit by twiddling my fingers while someone else, or another player of mine on another account, levels my characters for me.

How do players find that fun at all? I really don't get it...

Most players that do this, as far as I can tell, mostly do this open world. Great! Let them have that, but give players like me, that need a challenge a fun option.

I think this option can be easily filled by scaling dungeons. A group of players that join a dungeon, should play at the intended level of the dungeon. This keeps it interesting!

Motivate higher level players to group with lower players by eliminating dungeon specific tokens and creating tokens that are "level" specific.

For example, if a level 100 character joins a group and successfully completes a lower dungeon (all while having his level scaled down to the level of the dungeon), award that player with tokens that can be used to purchase items specific to his/her level.

Dungeon group participation would grow sharply because everyone in the dungeon group would be rewarded with valuable tokens regardless of their characters level.

For example, a group joins a level 50 dungeon. The group consists of 5 level 50 characters and one level 120 character. The group succeeds in completing the level.

The 5 level 50 players get 10 "Level 50 Tokens" that allow them to purchase Level 50 or lower gear.

The level 120 player gets 10 "Level 120 Tokens" that allows her to purchase level 120 or lower gear.

Thoughts?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819712  Replies : 23  Views : 1893
posté January 14, 2015, 01:43:36 | #6
Gear Acquisition is Punishing for New Players I love this game and I've been playing for about a year. I'm a casual player that plays after work and on weekends when not spending time with the family.

In this capacity I don't understand the goals behind getting gear, random elements for gear after acquiring them or transmutation stones.

Someone like me without a maxed out character is constantly under geared because-

1. It's hard to get a group to run dungeons that are my level (114 and lower).
  2. You need a dozen or more dungeon runs to accumulate tokens to buy gear or get lucky drops
  3. I CAN afford to buy gear my level off of the market, but I CANNOT afford transmutation stones to make the elements match my character.
  4. I'm forced to scavenge the market for players that already linked the gear and it happens to fit my elements- which is very rare.

As it stands, I'm level 114, and I have several pieces of gear on that much lower level than me. My health is at 2200, when I see other player my level pushing 4000 hp!

Most players go on about "oh it'll be better when your high level, you can run dungeons for your alts and get all the gear you need".

As a game design, that makes no sense to me at all. I should be able to reasonably obtain gear for my level. I should have to max a character to obtain gear for new alts. There's no challenge in that and its not fun. I might as well play solitaire... Something I've never done, but my point is, no challenge is mindless and not fun.

This post has been edited by HumminaH - January 14, 2015, 02:21:23.
Reason for edit : corrected sentence
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #819704  Replies : 42  Views : 2068
posté January 12, 2015, 03:11:16 | #7
Ugly costume and basically the same outfit you get from that astrub level 12 dungeon- no thanks.

Thread : News  Preview message : #819244  Replies : 34  Views : 1973
posté January 07, 2015, 01:37:14 | #8
Berserk damage and dolls Does berserker damage add to dolls damage if I'm below 50% health?

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #817983  Replies : 4  Views : 697
posté October 28, 2014, 17:51:02 | #9
This passes for a holiday event? Weak sauce. Every other mmo I've ever played do special things on holidays, like change decor, special IN GAME events, etc.

You will never keep your player base without a little variety. The only variety you've added is purchasable items for your HB.

WEAK.

Thread : News  Preview message : #791129  Replies : 89  Views : 6139
posté September 28, 2014, 15:13:15 | #10
Thanks Kat, very helpful for me.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #781853  Replies : 8  Views : 3259
posté September 01, 2014, 21:27:37 | #11
Can't login. Why oh why on the very day I have off for holiday /cry

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #768903  Replies : 38  Views : 1707
posté August 26, 2014, 19:23:15 | #12
I'm still learning the class (and much of the game) but I love my Eca. What I've learned is that much of the class is Crit based. An early set, that's relatively easy to obtain is the Cloudy Tofu Set. With the Die Already spell, you can take out multiple targets with one hit.

Avoid the tarot's. I love the concept and game play, but its so much more often an hindrance to your group than a plus. I'm considering a restat right now, to get my points out of it.

Thread : Ecaflip  Preview message : #766575  Replies : 4  Views : 2139
posté August 02, 2014, 05:23:20 | #13
It might be obvious to someone who has played this game for a long time and has had to deal with these poor design issues, but not a noob.

Any noob is going to do exactly what I did, read the quest, take it literally, head off to where your TOLD to go and get frustrated. Use the compass you say? The compass doesnt work in the area you're told to go. It was by luck that I happened to be back in astrub and saw the compass was now enabled for that quest.

Annoyances like this will turn customers off to the game early on and I'm pretty sure the goal of the company is to generate revenue by attracting and keeping their customers.

It's a simple text fix not programming. Hopefully they dont lose some whale who decided to check it out and then quits in frustration.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #759315  Replies : 10  Views : 1714
posté August 02, 2014, 01:14:18 | #14
Dragoquest Help Lost Book Quest If your here, you likely wasted 30 minutes of your life trying to find the "Lost Book" of the quest of the same name.

The quest literally says he lost the book at "Bonta Outpost" and search every nook and cranny until its found. It's a bit misleading...

Dont waste your time searching Bonta Outpost. It's in Astrub. While in Astrub, click the compass on the quest and follow it there.

This post has been edited by HumminaH - August 02, 2014, 05:26:43.
Reason for edit : less snootyness
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #759293  Replies : 10  Views : 1714
posté April 02, 2014, 05:08:33 | #15
Cannot Connect 2 locations Can't connect on one account, can on my other (both paid).

I also remoted into my work computer so its a different install, IP, etc, but same problem, cant connect after login to account.

The bug is definitely "account" centered.

Hope that helps.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #710413  Replies : 0  Views : 131
posté March 17, 2014, 18:04:43 | #16
What Luckster Title?

Thread : News  Preview message : #693361  Replies : 18  Views : 1665
posté February 27, 2014, 17:09:48 | #17
Weak sauce. I understand the need to reward pre-subscribers but nothing for anyone else? Why do I give a crap about this anniversary now? I don't.

At least in Warcraft they were smart enough to let everyone feel included. How hard would it have been to give everyone who "logs in" to Wakfu during the anniversary a title or achievement?

Thread : News  Preview message : #685903  Replies : 49  Views : 3729
posté February 25, 2014, 18:15:48 | #18
This is a good idea, in the wrong direction. I like crafting items. I hate the mundane task of gathering the resources.

Give me a crew of lumberjacks, Miners, Farmers.

Let them roam the nations.
Let them become a target of other nations.
Let me hire other NPC's characters to group up with them for protection.

I like crafting. Let me take the fruits of their labor and craft things with it.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #685001  Replies : 119  Views : 16115
posté February 04, 2014, 21:01:56 | #19
I thought it was a bit weird that I had to craft in order to level a gathering profession. You saved me a lot of frustration, thank you so much!  

Thread : Crafting  Preview message : #674731  Replies : 2  Views : 1466
posté February 04, 2014, 20:27:45 | #20
Leveling a miner (noob) I'm trying to level a miner, but to advance, my first thing I need to craft requires Canoon Powder. It's created by another profession and I've tried 3 market places so far and there is none for sale.

Am I basically going to be forced to level a bunch of professions so I can make the mats needed for Miner?

Thanks in advance.

Thread : Crafting  Preview message : #674717  Replies : 2  Views : 1466