Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

[Island War] Why not Dev will set the time and date for island war?
Short Strich * Member Since 2013-06-08
posté August 13, 2013, 06:22:58 | #1
[Island War] Why not Dev will set the time and date for island war? Hi guys, First of all i know that this is a sandbox game.so dont be mad at me, im just wondering.

Im just thinkin if the dev/mod will set the time and date for a automatic Island War,And all the players from each respective nation will fight for islands such Calamar and Lord Pasture, (Lets say they all add other island like Forfut,Monk,Sadida,Crobak that you can also capture and give buffs and advantage to nation who captured it) lets say we will fight for 2 island in the same time , Example Lord Pasture/Forfut.
And if all the people know when and where to go, i think island war will be more fun,active and the more reasons they will do exp,hunt equipment for there characters and more reason to stay playing Wakfu.

Government set this event sometimes, but alot of people really dont care.
It might look like War of Imperium in Ragnarok Online.

The things matter are:
Time Zone
6 v 6 will be a Long Fight

Maybe they can pull it out, for the players who loved pvp.
do you think its posible?

This post has been edited by PickPocketPro - August 13, 2013, 07:42:01.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté August 13, 2013, 07:49:47 | #2
You answered your own question in the first sentence.

I don't want pvp to be forced on me by some weekly dev intervention. Let the players decide how it goes down. PvP will get a meaning at the end of the year anyway, so if you like it that much then you simply gotta wait.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-05-15
posté August 13, 2013, 08:01:58 | #3
idk, i think its impossible.
but i like the automatic island war , even its once a week.
but if you want war of imperium like Ragnarok,
There is a prism thingy coming.
We just need to wait and i hope there will be no DELAY!

This post has been edited by Pandajolly - August 13, 2013, 08:02:35.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2008-10-25
posté August 13, 2013, 09:19:03 | #4

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 13 August 2013 07:49) *

I don't want pvp to be forced on me by some weekly dev intervention. Let the players decide how it goes down. PvP will get a meaning at the end of the year anyway, so if you like it that much then you simply gotta wait.
I would not say its getting all that much of a meaning based off the current information they have provided on it.

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté August 13, 2013, 14:00:37 | #5
All the Island wars and arranged ways that I have set and been a part of setting up see a pretty weak response compared the the number of the people who say thats what they want.

Here is the most recent example from the Remington server. Overall the event was a success but this was nothing like a war for an island where a whole nation is attacking/defending.

Now during the open beta some people loved the weekend war personally I hated it, the best time for me to play the game and wait I can;t. Get attacked whilst leveling wasn't fun the first time and even less the times after.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté August 13, 2013, 19:27:01 | #6
The thing about islands is that one nation can be a stupid brat child and refuse to return to peace until "their" captured island is "returned" to them.

Having them wipe & be claimable by anybody every week would be good, because the islands would ACTUALLY CHANGE HANDS.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-01-29
posté August 14, 2013, 16:19:45 | #7

Quote (Thejordand @ 13 August 2013 09:19) *

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 13 August 2013 07:49) *

I would not say its getting all that much of a meaning based off the current information they have provided on it.
you need to find a way to read the info in Wakfu mag #3. next month is the first roll out of a three pronged attack of PvP…GvG over haven Prims of Haven worlds and every CM's zone.

next comes Guard v Outlaw with guard stations that the two factions will fight over for more stat bonuses.

Then will come Nation v Nation which they did not go into too much detail over, but was mentioned that they want to make them bigger wars with Handymen playing a larger role of building fortifications and siege weapons.

You see, they have provided information, but only to those who have paid for the magazine. I would post screen shots online, but first I will ask that the Devs post the article on PvP improvements from Wakfu mag #3 first (as they did with Magmog and Foggernauts before)

Quote (Hudski @ 13 August 2013 19:27) *
The thing about islands is that one nation can be a stupid brat child and refuse to return to peace until "their" captured island is "returned" to them.

Having them wipe & be claimable by anybody every week would be good, because the islands would ACTUALLY CHANGE HANDS.
How does one nation who decides to hang on to an island for the entirety of a war make it un-conquerable by other nations?

Until a peace agreement is made between Governors then the enemies nation is always conquerable, and will change hands many times until the Governors ditch their pride, get voted out, etc.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-12-21
posté August 14, 2013, 19:57:21 | #8
My islands i am never letting them go ! ;-; Eternal war to who ever dares!