Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Blasting-Vele...'s profile
Statistics
49 Posts (0.05 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté October 10, 2014, 02:34:43 | #1

Quote (Shadow-Frost @ 10 October 2014 02:08) *
Couple more tips for Thork and his Regen

His regen stacks up to three times, and is not based off the characters on the field (but it DOES proc once at the start of the turn of every character. In other words - get rid of non-damage summons when killing Thork). It is based off his artifacts which are laid around the battlefield. If you mouse over them, you'll see " Artifact - Thork" These are the ones you want to break to reduce his regeneration rate. I think the lowest you can get it is to 5%, by breaking 2 artifacts? Not entirely sure there, but it's definitely reduced by breaking artifacts.

The artifacts have 100 HP, so they're fairly easy to break - but! An even easier way to break them is to simply end your turn on them. Ending your turn on an artifact will break them instantly.

Good luck and happy Wakfu-ing ^^

Ah, I should mention - enemies ending their turns on artifacts will not break them. An ally has to do it.

Also...Bwork Dungeon has this relaly annoying bug where you are absolutely unable to do anything for a turn. I'm not sure what causes it.
Destroying artifacts by damage does not reduce his buff stack, only ending turn on them and only on green ones. You can completely negate his buff by destroying 3 totems this way. Mobs do destroy artifacts when they end their turns on them. All artifacts in that fight are marked as Thork's, summoned by him, mobs or players on penalty tiles. Please, do some testings or research before posting tips.

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 10 October 2014 02:12) *

Quote (Blasting-Veles @ 10 October 2014 00:09) *
If someone still needs a solution, I found it out.

It's a green artifact (don't confuse it with yellow one). When you (or maybe even bwork, didn't test it) end your turn on top of it (standing on the same cell), Thork loses one stack of wild regeneration. Plain and simple.
Ending turns on these artifacts usually lead to a bug where player cannot do anything during their next turn. I dont know if its fixed, but i am not gonna bother testing it as i have no reason to go to that dungeon anymore.

Yeah, that bug is still there and it's pretty fierce. I ran two times by single character and had to restart client in fight once in first fight and twice in second. Bless Ankama for combat reconnect, but they still need to fix range bug, though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786184  Replies : 17  Views : 857
posté October 10, 2014, 00:09:23 | #2
If someone still needs a solution, I found it out.

It's a green artifact (don't confuse it with yellow one). When you (or maybe even bwork, didn't test it) end your turn on top of it (standing on the same cell), Thork loses one stack of wild regeneration. Plain and simple.

This post has been edited by Blasting-Veles - October 10, 2014, 00:13:26.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786131  Replies : 17  Views : 857
posté November 30, 2013, 22:52:16 | #3
Hello, Jerry. I've started my fogger long ago as fire, then switched to earth, and at last, about a month ago came to stasis. I'm lvl 123 currently. What can I say about stasis? I do enjoy flexibility of motherfogger, cybot and long range. What I don't like is complexity of it. Without motherfogger spells are linear, without cybot there is no aoe, and you have to waste a lot of ap to build both of them. My damage is nothing to be proud of, but its consistent on trash mobs and it makes it useful. Also, as I am not the prime damage dealer, I spared few points to improve my defence capacities through stasis flux and blockades. It allows me to save those meat-bags time to time, when our healer fails. All-in-all I know I'm not needed on UBs, but I find comfort in my utility roles, it would too boring for me to be pure damager.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #644175  Replies : 5  Views : 1276
posté October 14, 2013, 16:54:23 | #4
Sorry for being harsh, but I meant no offence, Kat, just clearing things out. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the only reason they messed up water into fogginator is you don't get free mastery from nowhere, so it won't boost stasis.

By the way, you don't have to max fogginator for higher level earth fogger too. At lvl 112, lvl 8 will give you max bonuses, lvl 7 will be optimal for lvl 125 character, lvl 6 will be enough for lvl 143+ and so on.

P.S. Currently, fogginator allows more then 5 stasis spells to be cast and there is no mention about it in game. Does anyone know is it a bug or feature?

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #619907  Replies : 13  Views : 1189
posté October 14, 2013, 14:31:23 | #5

Quote (kurokat @ 14 October 2013 10:20) *

Quote (Blasting-Veles @ 14 October 2013 09:02) *
You can easily save up some points not lvling fogginator, as bonus is negligible. Also, Kurokat, about pure earth fogger and water dmg. You have to test things before writing it down, it's Ankama, nothing is obvious. Fogginator converts water damage to earth, even if water will get far below zero. The only reason for this - stasis foggers will not get boost for free earth damage.

Oh I've done testing here and there. Don't assume one thing or the other.

Click here

Here's a super set (obtainable, but will take forever for many).

What do you mean "even if water will get far below zero"?

Fogginator converts 15%-150% Water Mastery into Earth Mastery. Meaning you need 100% Water Mastery and Maxed Fogginator to get the full benefit of this spell. If not, you could do 143% Water Mastery and Lvl. 6 Fogginator. If you felt like leaving it at level 0, then you would need 1000% Water Mastery, which is impossible at the moment. Say you actually got the super build I posted with it's 355% Water Mastery, you would only need Lvl 2 Fogginator to get the full benefit.

Now, this conversion of Water to Earth does not seem to affect the Stasis Mastery (only increases the Earth Damage when using Earth Spells from what I've seen). This is as it should.

What Stasis benefits is that it gets -1 to all AP costs. That and increasing the level of Fogginator will decrease the damage the Fogger will inflict on itself (as stated in my last post).

One thing to not, unlike what was listed in the revamp, that there would be a limit of 5 Stasis Spell casts when using Fogginator, in game, there is no such limit listed (however that I'm not able to test as of yet, as that would require 8ap minimum (that would allow 4 stasis shots and 2 ray of stasis for a total of 6 spells to see if there is a 5 limit or not). If the limit is not that, than =^.^= is what this kat will be doing.

- Kat

Here, have this too while I'm at it. Let me know if I don't know what I'm talking about, or tell me I didn't spend time testing or checking things afterwords.

And of course, if there are any mistakes, let me know and I shall amend them:

Have you ever, at least once, casted fogginator in live game? You are trying to assume something depending on your reading of spell description, which is completely wrong. Let me explain you how exactly fogginator works.

It transfers 0.15-1.5 (depending on spell level) of your water damage to earth damage per level of character, with a cap of 150. It does not depend in any way on amount of your water damage. In example if you got lvl 50 fogger with lvl 9 spell, he will get +75 earth damage and -75 water damage, even if his water damage is 25 before cast, it will just drop even lower to -50. In the same way, if you character is far over level 100, he won't need to have a spell of level 9 to take it's full effect.

About other inconsistencies. Blockades were indestructible (yes, they had 1hp, but there was no way to remove it). High pressure, Overheating and Cooling has maximum lvl of 240, not 200. I'm not sure what you mean by "triangle 3" and "triangle 6", but Flame Thrower has exactly same aoe as before patch. Wrong High Pressure counter for Flame Fervor and Steampalm. Armor Plating - only 4 charges to devices at max lvl, not 5.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #619817  Replies : 13  Views : 1189
posté October 14, 2013, 09:02:14 | #6
You can easily save up some points not lvling fogginator, as bonus is negligible. Also, Kurokat, about pure earth fogger and water dmg. You have to test things before writing it down, it's Ankama, nothing is obvious. Fogginator converts water damage to earth, even if water will get far below zero. The only reason for this - stasis foggers will not get boost for free earth damage.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #619741  Replies : 13  Views : 1189
posté September 07, 2013, 15:39:30 | #7
No you don't. In case you've never played fire, I'll enlighten you - Fire and Oil is plain awesome.

This post has been edited by Blasting-Veles - September 07, 2013, 15:40:09.
Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #602929  Replies : 8  Views : 760
posté August 07, 2013, 15:50:10 | #8

Quote (Overdamped @ 07 August 2013 00:43) *
Magmog still has a lot of Stasis resistance. :/
It's not stasis resistance, it's water resistance and brand new useless stasis mechanic.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #587873  Replies : 86  Views : 6271
posté July 29, 2013, 17:43:21 | #9
What about fire Enutrof's Scalded and Burning (on Fusion) and Explosion (on Ember)?

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #581333  Replies : 121  Views : 7849
posté July 29, 2013, 10:33:01 | #10
I'm sorry, but you really should not play any mmorpg, if you can trust a xelor who is in need of an earth set (hell, they don't have an earth branch at all). The community will chew you and spit you out.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #581179  Replies : 32  Views : 1580
posté July 05, 2013, 09:16:13 | #11
The doors! Fixed to be working now!

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #569951  Replies : 3  Views : 330
posté June 28, 2013, 09:43:30 | #12
The doors Got tired of personal permissions in your haven bag? Don't want a horde of bloody marauders in your cozy little haven world? There is one simple solution. The doors! We offer you the newest design of the most intricate profession in the game - the majestic Guild Door! With our latest creation you can separate the wheat from the chaff with ease! Only your trustworthy guild members can pass through our door (Guild or trustworthy guild members not included).

Also we would like to offer you the whole assortment of services of a mighty handyman (lvl 80). Your haven bag/world is not cosy enough for you? Fear not, we can craft the most cosiest things for you. Do you hate the krosmaster and its disbalance? Bring us Nox and our taxidermist will make him stuffed for you, so you can spit on him all day long.

You can contact us via ankabox (Arahuello, Blasting-Veles) or ingame (Arahuella).
Make haste, first costumers will get a discount!

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #566723  Replies : 3  Views : 330
posté June 22, 2013, 01:02:10 | #13

Quote (Troyle @ 21 June 2013 12:00) *
Azael: We wanted to make sure that the feature was good enough before releasing it. The reason is that we want to reuse this code for other features later, like building capitals or even islands!
I'm willing to wait for this for years, just don't abandon the idea.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #562707  Replies : 29  Views : 3423
posté June 22, 2013, 00:33:03 | #14

Quote (Grou @ 21 June 2013 14:50) *

For now, we want to modify Stasis as follows:
  • Damage bonuses will be based on an average of all damages (critical and damage from back will count as damage all if the condition is fulfilled). The resistance used will always be the lowest one.
New damages:
  • Heart of Steam: 90 (addition of “no line of sight)
Please let me know what you think.

So, let's do some quick maths here. As assumed "average of all damages" is (water damage + air damage + earth damage + fire damage)/4. Here is an example of build which might be used for a revamped stasis fogger:

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Maybe it's not perfect but not either worst, as it uses almost unobtainable gear (for most players at least). As you can see average of all its damages is 285 (284,75 actually, but let's buff it). It also has pretty good crit rates and damage, as well as backstab. Let's calculate actual damage of heart of steam. Against zero res target it can go for whooping 346,5 damage, so it will be 693 damage per turn. As a high crit build it can do 618,3 damage per crit, up to 1236,6 damage per turn. At 50% crit chance average damage per turn to zero res target will be 964,8 point of damage. Sounds not so bad if we could fight targets who got at least one res at extinct point, right? Now, let's move to average frigost joe-mob. Northern chafers, for example. They all got one lowest resist at 150. So our stasis fogger would deal 627,3 (211,5 non crit + 415,8 crit) average damage per turn to any of northern chafers. Not as good, but it's at least bearable. Boss time. As a good boss example let's take moowolf. He got average/low resists for a boss and got them as every other good boss - equal. And it will be 289,8 (76,5 non crit + 213,3 crit) average damage per turn. Low. If we'll look at Miss Frizz with her 350% resists, our damage would be 177,3 (31,5 non crit + 145,8 crit) per turn. It doesn't look any good at all given that we are using only the rarest gear in game and sacrifice everything to optimise one spell.

In conclusion. This modifications change stasis branch of foggernauts from can-opener (niche, but desired role) to torturer who can punish it's victim if it has a weak point (not needed role at all, as every good team can deal damage in all elements) and prohibit any use of this branch specialized characters at any boss fight.

In my opinion, if you really want to go this way with stasis, formulas must be tweaked to lower base damage of spells, but use at least doubled average of all damages. It would help with equal resistant foes and lower impact of critical and backstab damage stats.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #562691  Replies : 86  Views : 6271
posté May 26, 2013, 12:44:13 | #15
I think he is talking about appearance, not current stats. Well, it'd be nice if it will be some sort of toggle able buff, like osa's dragon form, but giving some boost to damage at the cost of mobility and survivability.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #549395  Replies : 6  Views : 886
posté May 20, 2013, 17:42:37 | #16
Glad to see foggarnaut changes. The whole list of their nerfs is fully deserved.

On a side note, can we have a full list of new pet stats, or may I assume that every non-listed pet got +50 health to their current stats?

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #545441  Replies : 132  Views : 8972
posté May 18, 2013, 17:27:50 | #17

Quote (-Shakespeare- @ 17 May 2013 22:57) *
Yes it was confirmed a few days ago. We are next on the list after the enis. Be very afraid.
So, there already are topics for xelor and eni revamp. Shall we start our discussion too? And who knows, we may even inspire Grou in something.

I'm playing fire/stasis foggernaut myself, so my thoughts will be mostly from that point of view. I'll start with element branch spells.

Stasis branch. I think it's pretty good and balanced at the moment, though it's a bit sad UBs have stasis resists. Also, it'll make more sense if normal dungeon bosses will be immune to wp steal/removement effects, rather to whole stasified debuff.

Earth branch. Well, I didn't play it alot, but it looks good and solid, with exception of bombardment, which doesn't really go along with foggernaut's stability and reliability.

Fire branch. And here is the branch I play a lot. Still there are only two spells that I use at all: steampalm, as primary damage spell, and flame fervor, for it's mobility. Flambe is only good to get rid of frozen debuff, flame thrower is too costly for it's effect and don't really go in any good combo with other spells (no, flame fervor + flame thrower as backstab is of no good till you kill an enemy with it, because it leaves you in very bad position for next turn) and blazing fire does not offer enough damage for it's wp cost and very tight niche. I would like to see flame thrower's cost lowered to 5 ap (even if damage is lowered too) and flambe and blazing fire revamped into something more lively.

Now let's go to Specialities. I love how rail system works, this including microbot, groove, motherfogger and half of armor plating specialities. Don't really think any of them need major tinkering. I also like another half of armor plating and painless steel, nothing overpowered and it fits very well with foggernaut theme. I enjoy how fixed fire and oil works. It may look a bit overpowered in solo gameplay, but it balances well with how it can ruin your teamplay without special treatment. I don't really like critical turbo, but it's still a solid choice and not bad balanced. Cybot. What can I say about it? It's not satisfying. I can't really explain what's wrong with him, but he must be at least 20% cooler. Now to the sad part. Salvage is bad, really bad. Even if it would be buffed to 10% or it's cost lowered in half, still it would not be a solid choice. If healing is not strong enough it would be a waste to lose turn of dealing damage, if healing will be good enough it will turn foggernauts into tanking eniripsas, which they are not. I would like to see this spell removed completely for the sake of something new. And here comes fogginator. It's generally a good spell idea with very bad execution. +120% general dmg, +2 ap, +3 mp and +3 range is not enough for instant death without KO. For those effects it should only force foggernaut to turn off (skip) 1-2 turns and not die at all. Though it would be really boring. So in the sake of balancing the effects for instant death it should be something like +100% total damage and +25% crit chance. And don't forget about dying in explosion part. It would be really nice if there will be some aoe explosion on death. I'd prefer it with stasis damage depending on how low on health was foggernaut before explosion, with some steep curve. In my opinion that is the justification for leveling a spell you would use only one time in 10% of fights.

As for new ideas I would like to see a special spell that will allow an ally to use my rail system for one turn, for the cost of wp (and maybe some mp and/or ap).

That was my current thoughts. I would also like to hear your ideas and opinions on next foggernaut revamp.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #544609  Replies : 11  Views : 1266
posté March 30, 2013, 22:21:47 | #18
Oh, thanks for the info! But still, I'll hope this bug will get on their fix list one day.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #513611  Replies : 5  Views : 611