Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Steamulating Shore Remington
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2010-12-26
posté April 09, 2012, 17:30:39 | #1
Steamulating Shore Remington So hi. I want you guys (sofukian and the rest of nations) to stop ruin the ecosystem there. Today i killed mobc to balance ecosystem and after 5minuts it's again unbalanced. If it's some anty-air-cra thing or just ignoring eco?

posté April 10, 2012, 18:56:31 | #2
Pfft. Blaming cras?

People just ignore the ecosystem. It doesn't look like they care. They're just there to gather what they want and don't leave anything for anyone else to gather

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-07-20
posté April 10, 2012, 19:36:39 | #3

Quote (namisiaaa @ 09 April 2012 17:30) *
So hi. I want you guys (sofukian and the rest of nations) to stop ruin the ecosystem there. Today i killed mobc to balance ecosystem and after 5minuts it's again unbalanced. If it's some anty-air-cra thing or just ignoring eco?
"I want", We all want something, If people don't care, I bet your Ecologist does.

Ps: Mia?

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-03-03
posté April 19, 2012, 22:54:38 | #4
Yesterday, and a few times over the last week in Sufo, we've come to check Steam and Turfo to find all the crops and tree's replaced with useless things - pumpkins etc, Ash instead of any high level tree. We've dutifully fixed it all only to find overnight someone has vandalised it again. It's happenned so reguarly that we suspect there's a team of people deliberatly vandalising things in Sufo to some end. (Either angry about the governement, or seeking to have something to soapbox when then come to governement) We're trying our best, but its incredibly demotivating when this is something like the 4th night in a row.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-27
posté April 20, 2012, 00:15:59 | #5

Quote (namisiaaa @ 09 April 2012 17:30) *
So hi. I want you guys (sofukian and the rest of nations) to stop ruin the ecosystem there. Today i killed mobc to balance ecosystem and after 5minuts it's again unbalanced. If it's some anty-air-cra thing or just ignoring eco?

You can't balance the mobs there, they breed so fast similar to the ones in Gnashville not sure if this is a bug or not.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté April 23, 2013, 05:14:36 | #6
This NEEDS to be fixed. By Ankama. The kraloves breed stupidly fast. Killing a mob actually induces them to seed, so instead of the populating going down when you kill them, it just goes up. The only way to temporarily fix it is to have a few groups go there and kill them faster than they can reproduce. I've noticed this in a few other places but it's not as bad.

The limit of molluskies is also way too low. You would need a group there 24/7 just to keep up the ecosystem. It's asinine.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-02-04
posté April 23, 2013, 07:55:41 | #7
I've noticed this every time I visit Sufokia to collect Snapper drops for crafting, and on the occasion when I first arrived and ran through the entire country. I get there and check the Clan Member for info and usually balk and adjust my glasses to make sure I'm reading it right. I once entered an area with exactly zero trees and used up a good chunk of my cuttings trying to get things a bit better before I moved on to repopulating the snappers up from their low number of twenty.

Honestly I think that a good solution would be to stake these places out after planting valuable crops/trees/flower, and aggress those who are ruining the ecosystem, or confront them in another way. It's my personal opinion that aggressing other players is appropriate in certain situations, and it's worth the loss of citizenship points in this case. In real life I wouldn't condone vigilantism and would argue for a trial, but in video games I have to say that it's more appealing to take the Batman approach.

I've been observing and traveling all over Wakfu and watching ecosystem changes pretty carefully, and I'm in the process of writing a Counter Eco-Terrorism guide. I don't have any characters in Sufokia, but honestly I'm writing it with you guys in mind because you're the folks I want to help the most.

Short Strich * Member Since 2006-04-17
posté April 23, 2013, 11:11:10 | #8
It can be bought back to balance; however, it would take the work of a lot of groups fighting at the same time to kill off more than are being bred. As the more there are, the faster they breed. But then the issue is keeping things balanced. At balance, they are probably still large enough in numbers to breed at an alarming rate. The only way to really slow them down to a manageable rate would be to reduce their numbers to dangerous levels, which would mean there would be an imbalance in the ecosystem either way.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté April 23, 2013, 14:38:20 | #9
There's no minimum to the amount of molluskies needed for SS. Bringing down the population to dangerous levels wouldn't actually hurt the ecosystem. Ghosts will replace them once they are below a certain amount, and there are ecosystem challenges where they spawn kraloves and molluskies if seeds are needed to replace them.

We need some people to sweep the area on every server if we want to keep the population down.