Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Harvest your own crops, please.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-06
posté February 22, 2013, 13:01:28 | #1
Harvest your own crops, please. Before this turns into a rant, can I suggest that there should be some kind of sign system or something that you can leave around crops that are growing, saying that they are somebody's or that they're free to whoever wants them because I am sick and tired of coming back to my watermelon/chilli crop an hour later to check on them and someone has taken every single one and not even replanted.

Want to know my record for coming back to my crops and they're gone? 10 minutes. I logged off to head to a lecture, logged back in 10 minutes later and all my watermelons were gone. It's ridiculous. Occasionally I've been able to scare people off or convince them to leave my crops alone, but if you're an outlaw in a foreign nation and get aggroed by every tom dick and harry, you start losing patience real fast. (especially when Amakna is the only nation you can grow these crops)

The thing is, it wouldn't be as irritating if the high level crops didn't take over an hour to grow in the terrible weather (something you can't really control) just to find that it was all for nothing. I spend a day harvesting enough seeds in my bag to be able to plant them in Amakna, and then less than half actually plant and then they're taken by someone else.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is if you want to grow something, grow it yourself. But most people will probably look at this and go, "Oh that's just how the game is, deal with it." I do deal with it, and I'm suggesting that we have some way of protecting the crops that we grow instead of sitting around for several hours in one spot and not leaving because you know as soon as you leave someone will come along and take them.

-Lust

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-12-11
posté February 22, 2013, 14:09:42 | #2
I feel you. What's worse is when you are sitting there protecting your crops and someone comes and takes them anyway. You aggro, and while you're in the fight yet another person comes and takes them anyway. It's like, what's the point?

I do most of my harvesting in my bag anymore, but it just doesn't yield high amounts. At least I know it's safe there though.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-06
posté February 22, 2013, 14:22:30 | #3

Quote (Kakushami-AM @ 22 February 2013 14:09) *
I feel you. What's worse is when you are sitting there protecting your crops and someone comes and takes them anyway. You aggro, and while you're in the fight yet another person comes and takes them anyway. It's like, what's the point?

I do most of my harvesting in my bag anymore, but it just doesn't yield high amounts. At least I know it's safe there though.
I'd do the same, but I want to get 100 farm before I do that

It's annoying when you're saying "please, don't do that." and they just ignore you/don't understand

Sigh.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-01-02
posté February 22, 2013, 19:16:47 | #4
I have this problem all the time also.
However I discovered planting crops in Sufokia, Steamulating Shore much better. They have good planting conditions as well. And less people to come and steal all your hard work.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2008-08-23
posté February 22, 2013, 21:20:17 | #5
Yes Steamulating shore is a much better option. A lot less competitive and sometimes I can even come back in a few hours and still find my crops there.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-06-06
posté February 27, 2013, 21:07:47 | #6
I thoroughly enjoy trampling random crops as I go about my regular business; it really brightens my day knowing I just ruined someone else's. If only I could place the feces which occasionally drops from the animals I slaughter onto the fertile land where the crops once laid, swooping from left to right in the gentle breeze before gazing upon the impending doom which is of course my foot. Good times, good times.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-02-04
posté April 14, 2013, 03:43:01 | #7
While I have to agree that it's rude for people to jump in and steal crops while you're there, I don't think it's unreasonable for a person to consider a crop with no farmer to be abandoned. Even if you have class, even if your grandmother passed away et cetera... if there's no one there, it should be free for the taking in my opinion.

The idea of signs sounds nice, but I think that it won't do much to deter people who intend to steal your plants out from under you anyway. Also, I can see Ankama being leery of putting in a system where players can leave signs behind, it seems like it would be all too easy to cause trouble if you could leave notes strewn across the landscape.