Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

wildlittlewol...'s profile
Statistics
199 Posts (0.18 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté June 20, 2014, 17:42:12 | #1

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 June 2014 17:32) *
And yeah if they removed the nations I don't think I would care :x they will never have a purpose. Unless they make them level 1-100
Here's an idea I had (which a few others may have mentioned somewhere else in forums previously) to make nations mean something (if only superficially); totally player-driven and would probably be a lot more than most people are willing to commit to because, tbh, where's the payoff? Just my two kama.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #747519  Replies : 4  Views : 323
posté June 20, 2014, 17:34:09 | #2

Quote (Mithdiart @ 20 June 2014 17:04) *

Quote (wildlittlewolf @ 20 June 2014 17:01) *
Only problem with that now is they activate at start of turn, not when walking over. So if mobs aren't on said choke point at start of turn, the stacking does nothing. If I was on a team with a xelor though, I could prolly get 2 pheles glyphs stacked in 1 turn if I was also standing on a staff glyph. That's a lot of IFs, but doable. And also, having sidekicks makes a LOT more fights "soloable;" sometimes I just start throwing out pheles glyphs when I'm bored and let Lumino heal me if the mobs or the glyph AOE get too close.
Woah :O Seems like an extreme nerf to fecas overall in my opinion. It's a shame too since that was one of the more fun builds I played out of all of the classes
Now the fun for me comes from using Teleportation Flux to just zoom around the maps, either to get an enemy away from the team, to help an ally get out of the lock zone, or to place an enemy on my pheles glyph (my fire res can handle the incoming AOE dmg, especially if I shield up with staff before my turn ends ). But mostly just because it makes me feel like I'm flying. Although sometimes when I'm not facing something and I cast the spell, it looks like I'm just gyrating randomly.  

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #747511  Replies : 8  Views : 892
posté June 20, 2014, 17:01:34 | #3
Only problem with that now is they activate at start of turn, not when walking over. So if mobs aren't on said choke point at start of turn, the stacking does nothing. If I was on a team with a xelor though, I could prolly get 2 pheles glyphs stacked in 1 turn if I was also standing on a staff glyph. That's a lot of IFs, but doable. And also, having sidekicks makes a LOT more fights "soloable;" sometimes I just start throwing out pheles glyphs when I'm bored and let Lumino heal me if the mobs or the glyph AOE get too close.  

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #747469  Replies : 8  Views : 892
posté June 20, 2014, 16:52:43 | #4

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 20 June 2014 16:46) *

Quote (Celay01 @ 20 June 2014 16:40) *
It is still not bad

We can gain up to 2 AP
Can be used once per turn
You need 3 AP to get 2 AP for 2 turns but you're not even sure if you're gonna stay in the glyph because of mobs. And then you have to spam drip again. And again and again and again and again.
If you tank and/or used stabilize, you won't be pushed, am I correct? Or if you lined up a coney/beacon/barrel/double/etc directly behind you, you wouldn't be pushed either, right?

Or, assuming you're not a nublet (i.e. have more than 3mp), you can, Idk, WALK to the glyph? Or you know, maybe give it to someone else, like a ranged DPT that's unlikely to be pushed?

Sorry, didn't mean to come across condescending, but that's how I use staff on my feca. Although granted it WOULD be nice to be able to do it at least twice, once for the AP glyph, a second time to shield up. Just my two kama.  

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #747455  Replies : 6  Views : 652
posté June 20, 2014, 16:44:48 | #5

Quote (mel-mel @ 20 June 2014 16:35) *
Oh no! I hope I didn't make mine overlap with your's... in that case I am very sorry. As for the maps and lack of dragoturkeys/zaaps, I thought disabling everything would be a good idea... but maybe not haha.
You posted on forums first, you win!

But really, yours is for Amakna-only (I assume), and mine is Bonta-only, so it shouldn't matter if they overlap coz there's no dual citizenship in Wakfu. At least not that I'm aware of.

And tbh I didn't even know disabling was a thing, I just assumed that screenshot was taken from a nubly and/or lazy character!  

Thread : Events  Preview message : #747439  Replies : 5  Views : 402
posté June 20, 2014, 16:30:56 | #6
Nation Rivalries Since there doesn't seem to be much separating nations these days besides bonuses, does anyone have ideas for how we could get some kind of competition/rivalry going between nations? You know, to make nations actually MEAN something since we don't have anything that does that elsewhere in the game?

An idea I have is along the lines of some kind of PvP tourney for bragging rights. Maybe each nation could assemble some teams and we could do a World Cup style tourney. Maybe something along the lines of what I proposed in a separate post for a potential Bonta-sponsored event (quoted below):

"2v2 PvP tourney, World Cup style
This event is open to teams of 2 from any nation. There will be 3 tiers of the tourney, 1 for levels 0-50, another for levels 50-100, and the 3rd for levels 100-150. Each tier's tourney will be split up into 2 groups of 4 teams each (1 team from each nation per group, 8 total teams in the tourney). Each team will duel the other 3 teams in its group, with the top 2 records in each group advancing to the knockout stages. In the knockout stages, the top team from group A will face the 2nd place team from group B, and the 2nd place team from group A will face the top team from group B. The winners of those 2 matches will play in the final. Cash prizes will be awarded to the winners. Values and potential buy-ins to be decided at a later date. If you vote for this event, please suggest buy-in and winnings amounts. This event will require registration on these forums ahead of time to reserve space and to allow us to make the groups accordingly. "

Instead of doing prizes for the winners, we would keep a running tally of which nation placed where, kind of like the Olympics with gold, silver, bronze, etc. We would hold such a tourney on a regular schedule and keep a running tally until a certain # of tourneys have been completed. Then each nation would get a donation based on their winnings in said tourney. That could be fun.

For those who don't like PvP though, I'm trying to figure out a way that we could do a crafting competition. This might have to wait until the craft revamp, coz from some of the ideas proposed, I think Ankama might have some ideas of how to make crafting competitive.

Anyone else have ideas? Or even CARE about something like nation rivalries? I know GvG is supposedly coming, but most guilds are international now, so that doesn't make as much sense to me. I think it would be fun to be in a tourney against guild mates from a different nation, but hey, that could just be me.  

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #747423  Replies : 1  Views : 383
posté June 20, 2014, 15:45:45 | #7
My main class is cra, which has been mentioned several times in this thread, so lemme skip to my favorite alt class atm, feca. Please forgive the poor grammar and fake ebonics, just trying to spice things up a bit.

• How females look in Ulgrude costume (that's prolly just me coz it's shiny and my feca's eyes actually match it ... sort of )
  • Utility/versatility of spells (even bubble's +range that some people don't find useful)
  • Dat natural attack, totally droppin bombs on ya
  • Dat pheles glyph, coming from underground to getcha
Dislikes:
  • Most Wakfu citizens don't want DPT fecas in group coz that's "not their main role"
  • Dodge mechanic seems like a waste of a control even though it only costs 2AP to do (glyph/armor+drip armor); wouldn't be necessary if I had picked better min range 1 spells (although none are as strong as natural attack)
  • Glyphs have a limited lifespan and it's costly to stack and/or move them (especially pheles glyph)
  • Not sure how to balance self-shielding and damage output in a 1v1 PvP yet, especially against tank fecas, coz there's no real burst damage available (and burst damage is king/queen in PvP)

This post has been edited by wildlittlewolf - June 20, 2014, 15:51:52.
Reason for edit : clarification on why dodging sucks :P
Thread : General  Preview message : #747409  Replies : 22  Views : 3586
posté June 20, 2014, 14:49:41 | #8
Thanks for the discussion, nice to know there are others out there willing to try the craziness I come up with.

Anyway, just wanted to add that I completed the full castuc/spore quest line last night, and the pheles glyph straight up WRECKED all the mobs. It was so much fun! And sniping from range with bubble made me feel like my main using plaguing arrow, totally worth it.

I know even the website says fecas are supposed to be protectors, but as has been mentioned in other posts on these forums, right now in Wakfu the best form of protection is high DPT to kill the enemies before they get a turn to hurt the team. So all in all, I am happy with my build and will only take the free respec to catch up the spell xp that I didn't get for the various quests I've done.

Cheers and happy hunting!  

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #747371  Replies : 8  Views : 892
posté June 20, 2014, 14:29:11 | #9
Hooray for Governors trying to do events for the public!

We in Bonta are going to do a similar hide and seek event this coming Sunday as well. More info to be posted in a new thread when I can get back to the game and make cool screenshots like you did here.

P.S. Gotta love a map with no saved turkeys or zaaps!  

This post has been edited by wildlittlewolf - June 20, 2014, 14:30:26.
Thread : Events  Preview message : #747369  Replies : 5  Views : 402
posté June 19, 2014, 19:55:00 | #10
Since it's quick and easy to setup, we're going to have our first official leveling session tonight. Those interested should meet at the Bonta Outpost by 630pm EST. We will setup at least 1 group for Lunar dungeon and another for whisper mobs and/or dungeon(s) that will last between 1-2 hours depending on turnout.

Thread : Events  Preview message : #747021  Replies : 4  Views : 402
posté June 18, 2014, 14:52:59 | #11
Yeah, totally forgot to mention I have feca staff at 104ish as well, we seem to be on the same page there.

The question then becomes, are glyphs more a PvE or PvP thing? I would say PvE, and since most groups I'm in just need me for ranged DPT, I'm totally fine with not using pheles glyph that often. As far as PvP is concerned, I'm not really a PvPer, but I think straight up single-target damage is better than a glyph anyway if you're going 1v1, right? With the extra AP from staff glyph, seems a no-brainer to me, coz 2 extra AP would mean 2 pheles attacks on a turn (assuming default 10AP build).

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #746513  Replies : 8  Views : 892
posté June 17, 2014, 19:16:33 | #12
Water/Fire DPT Spell Rotation; Glyphs Yay or Nay? So right now my feca is lvl 115 and is basically single-target damage (hardly uses water glyphs for shields or fire glyphs/harmors for damage) using steam, bubble, natural attack, and pheles. Below I'll give a little of my thought process and then hear what some other fecas think. In particular I'm interested in the value of CMC gear (which I have a decent amount at my level) and which glyphs would be worth using with this free respec from the update.

Water Spell Choices/Rationale

Steam: Good AP cost, good dmg/AP, practical shield glyph
Bubble: Low AP cost using MP, good dmg/AP, good range, no LoS

I've had some discussions with other feca friends who suggest wave over bubble for the extra utility of shields, but at 2/1 AP/MP, no LoS, and 1 more range as opposed to 4AP, LoS, & 1 less range, I feel for straight up damage potential, bubble x2 works better than wave x1. Now you might say, "but hey, that costs you 2MP on top of the 4AP," and that's totally legit. Since spells with MP cost are given different damage weights than spells w/o, the math kinda works out in the end anyway. Besides, I main an air/earth cra, so I'm ok with MP heavy spells coz storm & lashing arrows are awesome. As for shielding, steam is enough imo if I ever need to support. If I ever need to move my pheles glyph (assuming I ever throw one down to begin with), I don't need wave to be leveled anyway.

Fire Spell Choices/Rationale

Natural attack: Same AP/MP reasoning as Bubble, useful for enemies in CC (which I don't plan on being in too often), good dmg/AP
Pheles: Good dmg/AP, no LoS, nice glyph aoe

Pretty much every feca I know dumps all over NA, but being able to use it twice per turn with pheles dishes out some pretty good raw fire damage. I know it's harmor is piss poor, but like I said at the beginning, I don't utilize harmors/fire glyphs that often. Pheles is just strong imo, and although the glyph is a small cross, the aoe effect is pretty cool. Apparently pheles glyphs CAN stack, so I might have to get into that.

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #746091  Replies : 8  Views : 892
posté June 17, 2014, 12:31:01 | #13
I assume you guys are doing this for Brakmar, so I just wanted to put it out there that Bonta will be doing this as well. I started a little this morning while I was eating breakfast, but now I'm working till 215pm EST and won't be able to restore anything until then. Hopefully ecologist Kexi will get to it before then; if not, any willing and able-bodied citizens of the World of Twelve are welcome to help out! It's not all that bad, unless you have an aversion to treechnids. :p

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #745827  Replies : 5  Views : 332
posté June 16, 2014, 16:19:14 | #14
I think the more important thing in that image is the SILLY LOOKING DRAGOTURKEYS PEOPLE ARE RIDING!!!

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #745371  Replies : 4  Views : 1043
posté June 16, 2014, 12:33:47 | #15
That was kind of the point, people should vote based on name alone to make things interesting. :p

Since you asked nicely, though, I'll update the original post with some more details.  

Thread : Events  Preview message : #745309  Replies : 4  Views : 402
posté June 16, 2014, 04:00:49 | #16
Upcoming Bonta-Sponsored Events Hey guys, new Bonta governor Wolfie here! Please vote for your favorite of these events by the end of Tuesday, 6-17-14, and we will try to do at least the top 2 before the next election!

2v2 PvP tourney, World Cup style
This event is open to teams of 2 from any nation. There will be 3 tiers of the tourney, 1 for levels 0-50, another for levels 50-100, and the 3rd for levels 100-150. Each tier's tourney will be split up into 2 groups of 4 teams each (1 team from each nation per group, 8 total teams in the tourney). Each team will duel the other 3 teams in its group, with the top 2 records in each group advancing to the knockout stages. In the knockout stages, the top team from group A will face the 2nd place team from group B, and the 2nd place team from group A will face the top team from group B. The winners of those 2 matches will play in the final. Cash prizes will be awarded to the winners. Values and potential buy-ins to be decided at a later date. If you vote for this event, please suggest buy-in and winnings amounts. This event will require registration on these forums ahead of time to reserve space and to allow us to make the groups accordingly.

1-hour rivalry event w/ each nation
A planned war between Bonta and another nation, to last no more than an hour. We can fight over islands, go for PKs, or ruin each other's ecosystems. This will be mostly for fun and things will be reset after the planned war is over. This could also be used to help people get guard and/or soldier status if they want.

Fight the Powers (hide & seek/pvp the govt event)
The governor's speech will give clues to where each member of Bonta cabinet is hiding, and event goers will have to find and/or try to defeat them in a duel. Cash prizes will be rewarded to the first person who finds all cabinet members and reports their locations to the Event Master (a non-cabinet member to be determined later), as well as cash prizes to the first person who successfully defeats each cabinet member in a duel. This event will begin at Bonta Outpost with the Event Master registering those interested in participating and giving out the starting and ending time of the event.

Do You Wanna Date My Avatar competition
We all work hard to get the best costumes and insignias for our avatars, but this competition is not about that. This competition is all about the individual. We will have a fashion show at the Bonta Outpost where you can strut your stuff on the catwalk (literally), sans gear/costumes/insignias. The cabinet and any spectators will do a live vote on the best character design, and the top 3 choices will receive a prize. Like other events, suggested denominations and/or non-cash prizes encouraged when voting for this event.

Astrub noob recruitment for Bonta
Members of the cabinet, along with any Bonta volunteers, will hang out in Astrub for a few hours and chat up the locals, encouraging them to join our great nation. This is probably something we should be doing anyway for the sake of the community.

Power leveling sessions at lunar or whispers
For those that just want to be strong, power leveling can help them reach their goals. I mean, come on, we know this game can be a grind sometimes, why not make things easier for people? If we only took an hour or two out of the week to help out people, the community would be a better place, and we'd have more people to hang out with. This event will be registration only, where you can register to be the leveler or the levelee. We will try to split groups between 2-3 levelers and 2-3 levelees, depending on whether we're running lunar dungeon or whispers. Cabinet members may lead groups, or other volunteers may. We ask that levelees wear as much wisdom gear as possible so the process goes faster. :p

Gem runs
Once players hit level 35, they qualify for the haven gem achievements in all 4 nations. This consists of killing bosses of the following dungeons first and last to receive a particular haven bag gem: Sureberry, Blibli, Scarapit, & Snapper. Cabinet members (or other volunteers) will help new players get these achievements quickly. This event would begin in Bonta Outpost and allow people to set up groups accordingly.

Bonta emote scavenger hunt
Another event starting at Bonta Outpost, where we will traverse our great nation in search of the hidden emote chests. Some may have been re/moved recently, but we'll find as many as we can! This event is also a good way to remember all the turkeys and zaaps if you don't already have them.  

This post has been edited by wildlittlewolf - June 19, 2014, 19:55:57.
Reason for edit : more deets
Thread : Events  Preview message : #745163  Replies : 4  Views : 402
posté June 16, 2014, 03:57:16 | #17
I WON!!! Thanks to all who voted for me! Now it's time to get started on the event planning! Woot woot!!  

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #745159  Replies : 5  Views : 460
posté June 13, 2014, 18:52:50 | #18
I've been around for a while now, we'll have to catch up! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

For those of you wondering why you can't vote for me yet, I'm still at work (where I can't play ) for the next 1.5-2 hours, so I still haven't been able to actually run yet. Will update as soon as I'm back in action!

Cheers,
Wolfie

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #744337  Replies : 5  Views : 460
posté June 13, 2014, 14:14:50 | #19
Vote Wolfie for Bonta Governor Hey all you swell and savvy Bontan voters! Wolfie here to say I'm running for Bonta governor today!

I've been telling people in-game for a few days that I'd be running, and now I'm here on forums to make it official! Not sure if the election has started yet (I logged in at 530am EST before work to check, it hadn't yet so I couldn't nominate myself yet), but as soon as I get home from work I will talk to everyone's favorite Jonk and throw my quiver in with the other candidates.

If elected, I plan on doing at least 2 of the following events during my term (based on votes cast by the public), as well as maintaining all nation bonuses (they've been down on several occasions this last term) and trying to fill out the govt with representation from as many different Bontan guilds as possible:
  • 2v2 PvP tourney, World Cup style
  • 1-hour rivalry event w/ each nation
  • Fight the Powers (hide & seek/pvp the govt event)
  • Do You Wanna Date My Avatar competition
  • Astrub noob recruitment for Bonta
  • Power leveling sessions at lunar or whispers
  • Gem runs (getting lvl 35+ players the haven gem achievements in all 4 nations)
  • Bonta emote scavenger hunt
If any of this sounds fun, or you're just looking for a change, vote for me!

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #744213  Replies : 5  Views : 460
posté June 13, 2014, 12:50:32 | #20
WTT/WTS 4 Solomonk Frags WTT 2 frags for any of the following emblem (eni, osa, feca, xelor)

WTS for 250kk each OBO

IGN Wolfie

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #744199  Replies : 0  Views : 96