Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Hudski's profile
Statistics
1605 Posts (0.47 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 15:41:38 | #1
I don't know if I want to operate on iron/silver mines unless they get buffed to generate a useable amount of prospecting when you attack. The entire reason I go for gold mines is to max out my prospecting rapidly, so the whole "We made Gold absolutely super duper amazing and it gives you super final damage but you gotta work for it~~" doesn't appeal to me if it also comes accompanied with "You will not get any prospecting without being on a gold mine~~".

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881558  Replies : 155  Views : 5061
posté Today - 09:41:55 | #2
Remember that you can both buff the gobgob with final healing through Magpie and also buff the final healing received with Vital Command, so while the gobgob's healing looks bad in numbers if you're the main healer of your party you'll still be able to function as the main healer of your party, it'll just cost you your own AP investment to do so. (As it should, really!)

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881508  Replies : 264  Views : 6058
posté Yesterday - 17:35:05 | #3
Just take a look at the Eni, Sadida or Ecaflip spell deck threads to see what healing you're competing with. You'll find that even though Osa healing looks tremendously slashed, it's the same for everybody else that can heal. Pandas have yet to be updated but they will be.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881317  Replies : 264  Views : 6058
posté Yesterday - 15:01:25 | #4

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 01 July 2015 13:53) *
Drain would be OP if it could heal caster, the spell would need to get limitations - unlimited lifesteal is very strong and in PvP everyone would just spam drain every time. Giving it a cooldown or a strict cast limit could do, but that limits support abilities of sadida dramatically...

Drain has always been a support spell and perhaps it should stay that way. Another way to balance your suggestion is to reduce heal given to Sadida by drain a lot, but idk.

Not a single class has souch a strong and incredibly reliable lifesteal as drain used to be and that is for a reason. If they do not give cooldown they need to lower damage/heal for giving lifesteal too.

This is all my opinion, do not get me wrong.

I think I've found your problem.

You're so quick to knee-jerk and dismiss every idea as OP or whatever and don't actually let the devs decide for themselves if they even want to implement it or not.

Just let people make posts in peace without your yelling, for christ's sake.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881286  Replies : 984  Views : 14766
posté Yesterday - 12:19:45 | #5
If Ankama makes it a one-time cost I'll be forced to purchase all three extra character slots on my account and have a truckload of fun for the rest of my Wakfu life.

So naturally it'll be a recurring fee  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #881269  Replies : 75  Views : 2294
posté Yesterday - 08:33:35 | #6
Don't worry about the healing vs Live. Healing is an entirely new system on the Beta and all healing across every class has been dramatically reduced to suit the new way it's supposed to work.

This is looking like a fantastic revamp. The Golden Age of Osa has returned! Now if only you guys could revamp the Dofus Osa too and fix the repeated nerfing it's gotten over the last few years...  

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881242  Replies : 264  Views : 6058
posté June 30, 2015, 17:06:51 | #7
Oh yeah it's definitely my bad when a doll decides to walk all over the "massive penalty for the team, massive bonusses for the monsters" tiles because they decided to path through it on their way to kill something low hp, healing it to full on the journey. Or my mistake when I summon dolls for the start of the fight and then slowly want to pull them out as it goes on and there are less enemies so they're less likely to get in the way but they just aren't in reach so I don't get to do that. Or any umpteen number of things that can just go wrong that have nothing to do with what the sadida's done, and if you actually played this class you'd be well aware of just how bullshit and unmanageable these dolls can be sometimes.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881112  Replies : 984  Views : 14766
posté June 30, 2015, 16:46:46 | #8
Then ask for Earthquake to target and kill dolls and do massive damage around it or something instead. Have Tree turn a doll into a tree that turret heals people around it / saps MP from enemies. Why bog down an elegant spell and make it explicitly non-elegant with no alternative option for the situations where you need the elegance, not the OP buff???? Because the devs made it that way so therefore it must be law forever?????????

This post has been edited by Hudski - June 30, 2015, 16:47:09.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881107  Replies : 984  Views : 14766
posté June 30, 2015, 15:41:17 | #9
There is no what the spell is "supposed" to be. There's never been a "supposed to" for any spell in this game, ever. All that matters is whether or not the class has the tools expected of it to be able to fulfill its purpose in a way that's both healthy for the class and for the person playing it, whether that person has been playing it for years or for minutes.

One of those expectations is that the Sadida is able to summon dolls. Therefore, one more expectation is that the Sadida is able to remove those dolls. It only makes sense that this is a flexible and easy action that comes naturally to the class, but apparently you don't really know what design is and would rather wait for the developers to tell you what they want you to use the spell for before allowing yourself to cast it at all.

If a buff coming from this spell is so strong, so powerful that it cripples one of the core abilities you would expect out of a summoner class, and that there are no alternatives for accomplishing the same action in a broader, more flexible manner and not receiving a buff, you're designing it wrong. End of story.

Your analogy - Asking for the UP to adopt Air spells rather than summon other dolls - makes no sense, because how dolls are summoned is not on the expectations list. The only thing on the expectations list is that they are summoned, and plays directly into the next expectation: control and removal of the summons. It's an expectation that you are able to control and remove your summons as easily as you bring them onto the field, and failing to meet that expectation will sincerely sour the experience for both new players and old players alike.

Get a clue. Dolly Sacrifice has no place being gimped in its important, expected purpose because of its fringe benefits being not-so-fringe any more.

You want me to think about the purpose of the spell? Fine. I expect that, going into a summons-based class, I either control my summons to an extent, and am able to remove them should they bork at any point with no hassle. At the moment, I have that ability - my expectation is fulfilled and the class is healthy to play. The spell's purpose is removal of the dolls and it accomplishes it elegantly.

Pretty soon, I will have the same expectation of being able to control my summons and am able to remove them should they bork at any point with no hassle. However, I will be rendered unable to remove them due to bork or due to occuping cells they shouldn't because the spell used to do it is also rolled up with a power buff for my class, and due to the buff, the spell has had to be limited in order to make the buff difficult to achieve, at a time when I don't want to achieve it. The expectations of the class have not been met, and that particular branch of the class becomes unhealthy to play because the failsafe has been removed.

This is not hard to understand. Please don't devil's advocate me any further about shit that doesn't matter or doesn't compare, please.

This post has been edited by Hudski - June 30, 2015, 15:50:55.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881073  Replies : 984  Views : 14766
posté June 30, 2015, 15:19:50 | #10
Then why are you sitting here arguing tooth and nail about how it's so much better as it is now? You're a real glutton for this apparently because you've done it in every single class deck thread so far, at least for all the ones you've lost to in pvp. Maybe instead of devil's advocating over everyone else's revamp you should take your freshly licked boots and cram them down your gaping maw to try to stem the flow of rot that's caused the Sadida thread to bloat to nearly 50 pages.

Instead of waiting for dev input so you can defend them to the death with the "But Dy7 said that it's for buffing yourself, NOT for doll control, therefore you have no right to want a doll control spell!" routine you should be thinking about what's actually healthy for the class and what lends best to what people see as base requirements for a class of this genre to promote longevity of it instead of waiting on dat tweak patch to fix issues that should never have gone live.

I have no time for devil's advocates and you should frankly get a clue as to what's really important.

We literally all agree that Dolly Sacrifice is a spell that, for one reason or another, kills a doll. Let's focus on making it actually fucking able to achieve that goal before we start slapping irrelevant bonus effects on it.

This post has been edited by Hudski - June 30, 2015, 15:23:38.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881062  Replies : 984  Views : 14766
posté June 30, 2015, 14:55:31 | #11

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 30 June 2015 00:03) *
On live it is good to use in order to remove weakened doll and summon it again, that was the case for me.

At least in the beta it's actually useful - maybe not for the positioning of dolls but at least it's the most rewarding usage of 2AP a Sadida can ask for.

I would rather have a spell that just outright kills a doll from anywhere on the field and does nothing else than whatever buffs they can cram onto the ability to make it seem "worth" leveling.

Any smart sadida can tell when a doll's on the edge of fucking something up tremendously and it's a requirement of any summons based class to be able to exert some control over summons, even if that means the complete removal of the summon.

Is it better to not summon in some cases? Sure. But it would be a lot healthier for the class if we could delete dolls that are on the brink of being problematic.

Dolly Sacrifice needs to kill summons, everything else is OPTIONAL and should not compromise its primary and most commonly sought out function. If it has crappy cast restrictions on it because unlimited it would be super strong, remove the thing that makes it super strong because nobody gives a crap.

If you want a spell that's supposed to be rewarding for a 2AP cost, do something about Tree for all anyone cares about the spell in its Live state. Don't damage the primary function of an extremely useful spell to make it "more beneficial" and then justify crappy casting requirements because of how beneficial it is, do you not see how fucking ridiculous that is?

This post has been edited by Hudski - June 30, 2015, 14:56:12.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #881049  Replies : 984  Views : 14766
posté June 30, 2015, 03:21:07 | #12

Quote (Agosta @ 29 June 2015 19:53) *
One guy had more creativity than every other 6 man entrants.

You mean the six boxer worked six times as hard as everyone else and didn't just magically pull a victory out of his ass ??? But I thought sixboxing just meant "life is instantly easy and bends over backwards to suit your needs, also you have infinite prospecting"?????????

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #880950  Replies : 21  Views : 932
posté June 29, 2015, 22:51:51 | #13
Account Linked costumes cannot go into the Costume inventory. As the title says: Costumes that are account-bound (such as the Garnet Dynast from the Magmog pack) cannot be placed in the Costume inventory. I suspect this also prevents the costume from being displayed correctly but I would need to check. Regardless, it means this costume is always taking up a slot in the inventory.

Thread : 1.42 Bug Reports  Preview message : #880907  Replies : 2  Views : 68
posté June 28, 2015, 16:46:10 | #14
#LoveWins

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #880569  Replies : 17  Views : 867
posté June 20, 2015, 00:38:05 | #15
Populations in general will be lower because people are gonna be on hiatus waiting for their class to be revamped, the new spell deck system, the Hero system. Pick your poison.

Everyone will be back when all those things are done.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #877771  Replies : 6  Views : 641
posté June 19, 2015, 20:09:03 | #16
I mean, the first 10 or so episodes of Season 1 are character building slice of life episodes (AKA, filler). The characters are built and the hangups are all set from the Ovas.

Alternatively, Season 3 follows the exciting misadventures of Elely, Flopin, Grougaloragran and Chibi, with Adamai tagging along as the "adult". I'd watch the hell out of that.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #877592  Replies : 32  Views : 1783
posté June 19, 2015, 19:38:32 | #17

Quote (Neuroid @ 19 June 2015 18:57) *

Quote (Spoon-Merchant @ 19 June 2015 17:26) *
Am I really the only person in this thread that loved the ovas?
Yup.

Only excuse anyone has to like them is not being familiar with the characters/lore Tot "tried" to introduce but failed horribly. Even the ones he supposedly likes a lot like the Tormentors.

I guess sentimental value a bit as well? But even that isn't backed by a lot, the brotherhood is no longer what it was in season 1. It's now just Yugo and Pinpin uncharacteristically angsting a lot, Amalia gets reduced to trophy following right after Eva swallowing up her 'I-do-not-want-to-be-a-stay-at-home-mom!' "tantrums" and doing exactly that, also who is Ruel?

The Ovas did not treat Eva, Amalia or Ruel kindly whatsoever. Additionally, Adamai lost all his agency and the entire world bowed down to Yugo and Tristepin. It was frustrating to see Otomai play a bigger part than Eva, Amalia, Ruel and Adamai put together when it should have been... all of them. Most of Tristepin's problems were made up by him and he acted uncharacteristically.

I still want to watch Season 3 though.

This post has been edited by Hudski - June 19, 2015, 19:39:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #877580  Replies : 32  Views : 1783