Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Hudski's profile
Statistics
1083 Posts (0.35 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 28, 2014, 17:55:56 | #1
Why is this community so obsessed with the idea that them not liking the idea of something means it should never be implemented?

It would take literally no time at all to make V a toggle option, but so many posts in this thread are like "Well, I don't see the point, so they shouldn't".

Let... people... play... the way... they want... to?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757997  Replies : 6  Views : 282
posté July 26, 2014, 11:55:16 | #2

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 25 July 2014 19:18) *
I've been honestly waiting for this thread to appear, and then jump in. After the update, my lvl 138 buddy who (thanks to statted kitskill) has nearly the best endgame gear, isn't able to spam Wa with us anymore. He's literally kicked out from the group's daily fun, and being forced to grind some shitty challenges (spell xp cough) or ask us to run something OF HIS LEVEL if we want to get back to our usual Wa runs together.
Now I'm talking particularly about Wa Castle, but it applies to every dungeon. Lvl 142? Come on? Even Nettlez is 140, but you're supposed to kill thousands of mobs to get it, what means you must outlevel it already.. Where's the friggin' logic.
Let's take Black Wabbit dun, there's lvl 122 cap iirc, but you're getting it easily after doing the main questline. It's not the case with lvl 142 though, we aren't given any options to go 130-140 without suffering.

I think it's the same for every dungeon. Current restrictions are taking away the challenge, and even if you aren't getting your optimal xp yet, you feel definitely better while beating tough stuff, but not when you're forced to die by grinding mobs that you are already sick of.

@Ankama: The level restriction is too high, please lower it by 5~10.

This is the exact same boat in. I, a 138 water/fire eni, that used to run Wa as a healer (and be perfectly fine at it too), can't do it any more because Ankama flipped a coin to decide whether or not I'm too weak and I lost.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757457  Replies : 29  Views : 619
posté July 25, 2014, 15:48:13 | #3

Quote (Nox16 @ 25 July 2014 13:49) *
I actually like the level restrictions in accordance to new players... if its an alt then idk usually its not hard to power level in now i mean do a few low level dungeons i mean you dont even need to do dungeons cant you still invite them to some areas? i saw a low level foggernaut being power leveled off the new shushus. So though dungeons dont work there are many venues to get good xp still to power level people.

So what you're saying is
  • Alts are still getting powerleveled anyway
  • Legitimate players who are "too low level" for dungeons they're perfectly capable of running are getting locked out of them
  • And that this is okay...????

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757157  Replies : 29  Views : 619
posté July 25, 2014, 13:05:16 | #4

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 25 July 2014 11:41) *
I'm sorry some of your friends have left for other games because they were frustrated, but with an attention span like that, I can't imagine they'd be sticking around long for much of anything. The game has only had the Dungeon caps for less than a week.

He's level 140 on Dathura and is about to finish farming his DV epps. He has no reason to try to play with me on Nox because I can't bring him to anything because he's just slightly below the right dungeons.

I understand your assumption here but this change is deliberately hurting us. Whether you think powerleveling is garbage or not, you shouldn't be behind changes that specifically target and screw over players the way they're screwing us over now.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757123  Replies : 29  Views : 619
posté July 25, 2014, 11:09:46 | #5
Dungeon Level Restrictions The nitty-gritty here is that people thought this was going to be The Best Idea Ever because it would stop those NASTY powerlevelers from having fun and enjoying the game faster than they thought anyone should have fun and enjoy the game. Those criminals!

Now that it's hung around like a bad fart for a little while I have to say that this is in fact The Worst Idea Ever because I CAN'T PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS. I LITERALLY CANNOT DO FUN STUFF WITH MY FRIENDS WITHOUT BLASTING THROUGH THE CONTENT OR GRINDING TRASH MOBS. Why the hell are people so concerned about how fast my friends are leveling up anyway? Get your filthy noses out of my damn business.

Undo this change already! It sucks, it's the worst thing ever (as predicted) and is literally killing Wakfu for some of my friends who now cannot catch up to higher levels and are already downloading other games as we speak.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #757111  Replies : 29  Views : 619
posté July 22, 2014, 19:18:17 | #6

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 22 July 2014 19:08) *

Quote (FajneCycki @ 22 July 2014 17:45) *
Look who we have here

+1 MP
+125 HP
+25 Initiative
+1% Critical Hits
+20% Damage
+10% Resist.
+75% Movement Speed
Even with the MP, it seems rather disappointing.

It's literally a meridia with an MP. No competition exists for that slot.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756136  Replies : 192  Views : 8797
posté July 22, 2014, 08:49:34 | #7
Remember when people would use level 100 trees to trap people in astrub city with no escape?
Remember when monsters carried diseases, that would spread through PVP? Remember when people would stock up on as many diseases as they could and attack everyone they saw to force us to buy their medicine off the marketboard?
Remember planting monsters in your haven bag, and having pet treechnids running around?
Remember when the nations were Ohm, Sevamor, etc on tiny islands and there was one enormous landmass in the middle that we all had to fight to conquer? (A mechanic that I wish to see again, tbh.) Here's some evidence of that.

V2 had some crazy stuff, man.

This post has been edited by Hudski - July 22, 2014, 08:52:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755904  Replies : 21  Views : 748
posté July 22, 2014, 07:50:54 | #8
Please tell me that they plan on parodying the fat chocobo from FFXIV with a fat tofu mount.

Please, Ankama, give me this.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755887  Replies : 61  Views : 1958
posté July 21, 2014, 17:39:59 | #9

Quote (Trolololo4 @ 21 July 2014 17:05) *

Quote (yukioe @ 21 July 2014 13:57) *
mining is the best way to get kamas
Wrong.

Nowadays with the new mobs, you can easily get fast kamas at Srambad.

"New Player Starting Out"

Just go to Srambad. Just go to Srambad go d damni t it's so EASY, RRGH!! SRAMBAD!!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755710  Replies : 21  Views : 464
posté July 20, 2014, 19:07:48 | #10

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 20 July 2014 18:35) *
Let's be realistic, you wont beat 120lvl dungeon if you're a group of lvl 90-100 players, so I don't really see your point here. Also, if you want more challenge, you have HC versions.

It will stop powerleveling a bit, but of course it will still be there.

Uh, yes we will. They add a dungeon 20 levels over the cap with every update and it gets beaten before the cap gets raised. Now, it physically cannot be.

Notice how the cap for Wa is 142 when we were beating it at 140, and now that they've removed the silly "Lower levels take higher damage" thing we can do it as early as 135? I guess not. How come you haven't noticed that? What Wakfu have you been playing?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755498  Replies : 192  Views : 8797
posté July 20, 2014, 17:35:06 | #11
You guys seem confused.

Things this update is going to do:
  • Make people leech on mobs outside of dungeons (Boowerewolves, Whisperers) and not dungeons themselves.
  • Discourage attempts to bite off more than you can chew, or win with strategy over strength, by simply banning that effort.

Things this update is not going to do:
  • Stop powerleveling
  • Make people want to explore, rather, point at a bush and say "Jump in that bush next, it's just right for you".

Things that would address those issues:
  • Level scaling players up and down to suit the zone they're in
  • Making it faster to level to the previous cap instead of making it take ten hours to get to level 50.
  • Literally "making the game MORE friendly rather than LESS friendly". Restrictions are not your friend.

This post has been edited by Hudski - July 20, 2014, 17:39:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755479  Replies : 192  Views : 8797
posté July 20, 2014, 16:55:29 | #12

Quote (DiscKZee @ 20 July 2014 16:46) *
Also, I thought I'd add this here since I've seen no mention of the new level requirements for dungeons. Here's the list of all dungeons and their level requirements as of the current edition of the Beta server. Note, Boss Instances such as UBs, Alkatrool and Shushu Bosses also have a level requirement. (Right-click and open the image in a new tab for a bigger image!) [snip]

One of the worst changes so far. Seriously hope this isn't done. Takes all the challenge out of the game if it forces you to overlevel before you can do anything.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755470  Replies : 192  Views : 8797
posté July 20, 2014, 02:45:20 | #13
If you catch me online, I'm leveling an alt that's around your level right now so you could join in with me. My IGN is Decker.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755363  Replies : 4  Views : 254
posté July 19, 2014, 13:40:06 | #14

Quote (Azael @ 19 July 2014 13:37) *
Hello,

yesterday some Booster pack cannot enter in Beta server, can you confirm that everything is good today ?

Thanks.

Aza.

EDIT : I'll create a topic for your feedback on the SRAM in Beta forum.

Everything works fine now. Booster packs can play on the Beta, F2P cannot.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 19 July 2014 10:05) *
that never stopped my mask by doing literally the same thing srams do in dragon pig with guile but with classtanet

In conjunction with having to spend the rest of your AP Swindlesram-ing and Petty Theft-ing?

I'm talking about debuffing Dragon Pig's dodge AND getting away, not getting away on its own, and you're not so invested in a task on a Masqueraider. Currently, to Swindlesram (3ap) twice, and then Petty Theft (2ap) afterwards, followed by Guile (3ap) is slightly too much for an average 10ap Sram. While the answer could be "get a relic", the answer could also be "don't build the game around farming". There's no reason why the values on any of these spells can't change, hopefully Petty Theft is the one that does. The alternative is that Swindlesram and Petty Theft gain range, or that Lock and Dodge booty is applied to Sramshackle and Damage onto Swindlesram while Theft gains range, which you'll find is what my original post was about, and not what Masqueraiders can do.

This post has been edited by Hudski - July 19, 2014, 14:37:03.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755241  Replies : 74  Views : 1236
posté July 19, 2014, 07:38:36 | #15

Quote (Nox16 @ 18 July 2014 23:22) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 18 July 2014 23:09) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 18 July 2014 23:08) *
id love to try and test out the new srams... but i cant make any new characters in beta :x
you can delete the one alt you really don't like
i tried that and no new character option came up i actually have free slots but its not showing the new character option for me to click.

You've probably figured this out by now but you can just click on the free slots to make a character.

I'm finding Sram interesting, and these are wonderful changes. I think Swindlesram and Petty Theft need more range to be properly useful before I'll want to do anything with them as being unable to debuff lock/dodge at range and being unable to guile without spending AP is limiting Srams for some battles, such as Dragon Pig.

I think the Air branch needs a proper ranged, non-los poison. Fear fits the bill perfectly - if it did poison damage instead of direct damage, and could poison people at range, Air Sram and Fear will become equally more interesting. This is, of course, without removing the push from CC Fears.

Fire is going to be terrifying when they fix traps, and Water equally so when they make traps use the Sram's level instead of the spell's level.

This post has been edited by Hudski - July 19, 2014, 07:39:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #755195  Replies : 74  Views : 1236
posté July 17, 2014, 10:52:20 | #16
Played the Closed Alpha in 2008. Bad times. Really, really bad times.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754647  Replies : 36  Views : 700
posté July 16, 2014, 05:41:27 | #17
If you make a new character and don't give it a nation, you can invite anyone from any nation to a party before going back on your main.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754372  Replies : 6  Views : 173
posté July 15, 2014, 22:20:13 | #18

Quote (arthuriko1 @ 15 July 2014 21:56) *
To everyone in this thread: Why not have both?

Because I'm not interested in running Hardcore Gobball Dungeon at level 180 and I'm not interested in running "Hardcore" Ultimate Black Crow for the same reason.

I would rather see something new that pulls from the rich lore than recycle stuff we've already done to death and leave the older stuff for the players it's designed for, and not making THEM have to redo it at OUR level.

Remember, recreating harder versions of old content is not new content, it's padding.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754295  Replies : 20  Views : 483