Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Hudski's profile
Statistics
1571 Posts (0.46 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 01:46:53 | #1
Stop talking about balance, this is not a thread for balancing the class as that is a job for the developers to do using actual statistics pulled from records taken of wins/losses and usage rates of the class and usage rates of individual spells. This is about feedback for gameplay mechanics and functions, NOT a thread for what beats what in 1v1 pvp.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #868210  Replies : 185  Views : 2293
posté Yesterday - 22:36:03 | #2

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 29 May 2015 21:07) *
You know a Cra can push someone by 3 cells with 4AP used, then if it place beacon in front of that pushed target (2AP) and use homing arrow (2AP) then it can gain 4 more distance (by pushing self and the target away from beacon). This means a Cra can gain a distance of 7 cells for 8AP cost.

Meanwhile live server Sadida can spend 9AP to gain distance of 5 cells (Summon Ultrapowerful on enemy side, Control it, cast Gust on it, it will push enemy once, then cast Gust between you and enemy to gain 2 cell distance, and then the doll will push twice in its turn).

The beta sadida will be only able to gain distance of 2 cells only (for 4AP). That huge nerf, because we loosing the ability to have pushing doll and we can't cast Gust from range 1. That really disapoint me.

The Sadida pushes the target off of them and then takes a step to push them again, (2 cells, 4 ap 1mp). Then the Ultra Powerful summons a Block which pulls the target an additional 3 cells (5 cells, 4ap 1mp). Beta Sadidas have the same pushing capacity they had before but now more than half of it comes for free, since I assume you're going to have an Ultra Powerful at the ready in any situation regardless of whether or not you expect it to summon anything. Additionally, since the Ultra Powerful costs 4ap at the most, to summon a fresh one for this combo you're spending at maximum 8ap 1mp to achieve the same thing that 9ap achieves on the Live server but with the additional block locking down the target and forcing them to waste their own AP getting away from it via killing it, killing the UP, or moving it.

Since Cras actually spend more AP than the number of cells they can push something, Sadidas get the more efficient push even if it's not quite as extreme in distance. Why would it be? They're only a mid-range support, not a long-range like a Cra.

You as a Sadida main should know there's more than one way to skin a cat with this class. No, you don't keep the super gust UP running around for the rest of the fight, but you keep the Block instead which isn't a bad summon and accomplishes more than an AI controlled UP does anyway in terms of moving things away from you.

Dunno why you count a Gust UP without counting a Block.

This post has been edited by Hudski - May 29, 2015, 22:46:10.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #868137  Replies : 185  Views : 2293
posté Yesterday - 19:32:30 | #3

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 29 May 2015 16:45) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 29 May 2015 16:37) *
on live they are more OP because the dolls are not all summoned and controlled by one doll. which the sadida must protect if they are going to use dolls.
Indeed. If 1 ultrapowerful doll can summon 4 dolls and we loose that 1 ultrapowerful doll, then we suddenly loosing all 5 dolls. Not cool. I am having serious doubts about this new summoning system.

If only there were some kind of spell that could place static objects that passively healed and nettled dolls around it that the ultra powerful could gain additional MP from while recovering and hiding behind it. That would be really useful in a situation like this.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867969  Replies : 185  Views : 2293
posté May 27, 2015, 18:58:16 | #4

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 26 May 2015 07:41) *

Quote (Hudski @ 26 May 2015 07:21) *
As if I have Facebook. If people are going to make money off of selling my private information it's gonna be me, not Mark Zuckerberg.
If you face was a book, I'd read it!

Snaus If your face were a book I'd accidentally get the pages stuck together! You always know how to cheer me up.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867173  Replies : 17  Views : 676
posté May 27, 2015, 08:44:34 | #5

Quote (Ruhka @ 27 May 2015 02:54) *
@ bean dip

BEAN DIP

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867013  Replies : 19  Views : 592
posté May 27, 2015, 08:35:38 | #6
One of the most jarring things about coming to Wakfu from Dofus was the fact that spells would have MP costs attached on to them and I honestly believe that it's a mistake to do that. If a spell is cheap on the AP and high damage due to the MP cost, Wakfu becomes a game of "which class is able to spend the most resource in a single turn and therefore achieves the highest base damage". It basically takes most of the choice away from you when you realise that if you took a 4ap 1mp spell instead of a 5ap spell you're spending 12ap 3mp per turn instead of 10ap (+2ap, possibly 1mp included). So, less damage dealt overall. They were basically turning MP into WP which is why WP costs have been so unappealing, because they don't compare to the constantly returning MP.

It's going to be difficult to get used to but you may find your MP major point being used to like, traverse the battlefield, instead of being an AP in disguise. If we're really going that wild, maybe someone will take the WP major instead of the MP major for their offensive capacity, holy hell what a shake up that'll be!

An actual post I just found just five second ago:

Quote (dark-shadow414 @ 27 May 2015 01:21) *
you actualy needs mp and dmg all the way because you need mp that much for spells and when you are 125 you will get 3 of them so don't hurry

Someone other than me point out the fact that "Take the MP because you need it to do more damage" shouldn't be a strategy in a game where Wakfu Points exist for the sole purpose of fuelling very powerful spells until you run out of the points to cast them.

This post has been edited by Hudski - May 27, 2015, 08:41:04.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867011  Replies : 35  Views : 925
posté May 26, 2015, 16:40:12 | #7
I think at the very minimum we can all agree that:

1) Dolly Sacrifice should be integrated with an existing 2ap elementary spell,

2) Rust and Gust should be castable on empty cells.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866737  Replies : 185  Views : 2293
posté May 26, 2015, 07:49:58 | #8
Do Rust and Gust still require a target in the center of the aoe? Last I heard they did, which is a shame for Gust in particular since it was exceptionally useful.

I think the Water branch has too many 5ap cost spells, consider the curve for lower level players. Usually getting 7, 8, 9 and 10 ap is a triumph, but without a 4ap ability the only ones that matter are 8 and 10 (for an extra Vaporise). This I fear will make lower level water sadida significantly more stagnant than it needs to be, especially since the only 3ap move is also exclusively a heal.

If any of them were made 4ap (I don't really care which or how many) there would be more variety in the experience of water sadida progression. Especially if it then makes 12ap exciting again.

I also think that one of the most interesting things about playing an Air sadida is the ability to puffle spells through dolls, and with that gone I don't really see many redeeming qualities for the air branch since it's otherwise kind of a boring branch to play with. Poisoned Wind has always been useless because it doesn't do nearly enough damage nor is waiting for the enemy to rip you to pieces before collapsing very appealing for anybody, K'mir and Gust have always been pure utility moves and Stench (despite its power) is 2/target and usually you spend the last 6ap on another element, so with 12ap you end up just spamming Sudden Chill three times. Honestly I would like to see the whole Air tree reworked to be... not completely dull. As much as I love K'mir and Gust, they dominate the Air branch and Poisoned Wind is not picking up the slack, leaving over half the air branch as dead weight. An air hybrid sadida is very easy to build, since you just pick the two good air spells and leave the other three.

I would like to see Poisoned Wind thrown out and completely replaced with something else. Maybe borrow a page from Dofus's book and turn it into Dolly Sacrifice, on dolls it has the dolly sacrifice effect and on enemies it just hits them. Possibly dealing extra damage to enemy summons if you'd like? This then frees up an active specialty slot for the Totem that everybody seems to want so bad while also keeping the Voodoll tree entities (which I am LOVING, by the way) and lower level sadidas can actually kill out disobedient dolls without being yelled at by their friends because they didn't take the "kill your dolls" specialty before level 120.

The extra specialty could be anything, of course, I'm just tossing ideas around.

Overall I'm very pleased with how this rework is going, even if it's preliminary. Good work so far guys! Can't wait to see what you've done with the Eni.

This post has been edited by Hudski - May 26, 2015, 07:56:25.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866599  Replies : 185  Views : 2293
posté May 26, 2015, 07:25:50 | #9

Quote (Gran-Bwa @ 26 May 2015 03:44) *
have you seen the latest changelog for sadida in beta?
-they bring back kmir effect with a cost of 3 AP 1WP
-vodool gives damage on nearby enemies, enemies cannot gain hp from attacking the vodoll anymore
-wild whisper allow UP doll to control its dolls, they dont specify how much it cost though
-greedy has water base damage
-sacridoll has air base damage
-block has lock equivalent to 20% of its remaining hp, so higher hp = higher lock
-UP has new spell, earth, AOE damage.1 UP can only have up to 4 dolls on the field

i only use google translate, so CMIIW.

All they need to do is make Rust and Gust not require a target on the targeted cell and make one of the 5ap water moves 4ap (I don't particularly care which) and I will be completely satisfied with the revamp, to be quite honest.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #866588  Replies : 137  Views : 2567
posté May 26, 2015, 07:21:05 | #10
As if I have Facebook. If people are going to make money off of selling my private information it's gonna be me, not Mark Zuckerberg.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866585  Replies : 17  Views : 676
posté May 25, 2015, 22:23:20 | #11

Quote (Aquallia @ 25 May 2015 21:51) *
I have another idea, maybe new Voodoll (Sadida totem, looks more like a totem not from screen shot) could act as a beacon and when cast spells on it they do something special like extend the AoE of Rust or like cast Drain on it for a safe and sure Drain heal (like drawing power from it), using it with Earthquake to have a sure point where EQ will hit without moving around like the dolls.

If they want to keep this stationary doesn't redirect spells "doll", they should give it some neat strategic placement functions. I would actually love that. It'd be similar to a Pandawa's barrel in regards to have spell interactions, while not movable like a Pandawa's barrel could have more fun things to do when targeting it.

That's literally what it currently is on the Beta. You just described the exact purpose of it, word for word, as if it were a static summon that you could only have 3 of that just sat there and idly healed the 8 adjacent cells around it.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #866453  Replies : 48  Views : 871
posté May 25, 2015, 17:41:53 | #12
Slap voodoll down, drain. Heal everyone around it including yourself, steal 50% of your damage as even more healing. How is this not the greatest spell ever? It's basically the new Doll Seed only when you use it for blocking it's permanent, doesn't erupt into dolls and passively heals you every turn. Come on, guys, be clever about this.

Kikui do you not realise that you just asked to be immortal?

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #866283  Replies : 48  Views : 871
posté May 25, 2015, 16:21:10 | #13
Hide behind it for protection and free heals every turn is my first thought. Slap it down behind you so you can't get pushed. You're terraforming the map to your advantage, giving your allies places they can take cover while the dolls go wild. This is absolutely something meant for the sadida itself and its teammates.

Sounds neat. Hope enemies can't heal off it.

This post has been edited by Hudski - May 25, 2015, 16:26:46.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #866236  Replies : 48  Views : 871
Dy7
posté May 25, 2015, 06:49:02 | #14
Oh my goddddddddd so why don't you give him actually useful feedback instead of saying "Wah wah me face leaks", pros and cons and effort, not lazy crying.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866099  Replies : 10  Views : 533
posté May 25, 2015, 06:15:47 | #15
It's an edited screenshot, Hate.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866090  Replies : 31  Views : 1155
posté May 23, 2015, 16:35:19 | #16
The benefit to being a Water sadida is gaining access to the Greedy and Inflatable dolls. Air sadidas have to manually heal, but Water sadidas get it semi-automatically just by catching allies in their AoE's and having dolls do it for them.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #865421  Replies : 137  Views : 2567
posté May 23, 2015, 04:45:59 | #17
I am pleased that they addressed the issue of Sadidas spending umpteen MP to summon dolls only for the dolls to be not as good as the Sadida doing something itself. Sadidas were easily the most powerful class in the game given the prep time but you don't always get prep time, and if there's one disastrous turn that KO's you and wipes out all your dolls you were done like dinner.

It looks like they're attempting to take a whack at some of the core problems plaguing the class which is fantastic. I like the triumphant return of trees and I love the Ultra Powerful partner, the little gremlin running around and screaming other dolls into existence is going to bring me happiness for months.

I dislike the AP cost of the water spells, three of them cost 5ap and that's going to be extremely irritating for lower level Sadidas. Actually, it's going to be irritating for higher level Sadidas as well.

I don't know if Puffling is still around but I hope it is, that was easily the most interesting thing about playing an Air Sadida and I see no redeeming qualities for that branch if Puffling has been removed.

Can't wait to see where this goes from here. Apparently it's not even finished but it's looking superb so far.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #865230  Replies : 137  Views : 2567
posté May 21, 2015, 12:53:18 | #18
Magmog is female, otherwise Hatespawn wouldn't have been able to...

Uh, I'll wait for someone else to repost that story.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863991  Replies : 35  Views : 1058
posté May 21, 2015, 01:46:41 | #19

Quote (Neneko88 @ 20 May 2015 16:41) *
The problem is Dofus is releasing low level content/dungeons a lot these years so wakfu HAS to do the same.

Dofus is complete

Wakfu is incomplete so I don't know why they feel like adding low level dungeon helps them at all.

Whoever is making the decisions for wakfu needs to really think about what they're doing. At least in Dofus even level 50 people subscribe (do level 50 people really pay for a booster?)

Add content for the customers that are paying you. Why do you want want to add story now when you should've been doing this years ago?

Forfut should have a level 175 dungeon (there is not reason why this should be level 70)

Wildly guessing at Ankama's finances and player polling data completely arbitrarily and sourcelessly so you can get your foot in on a conversation that you can't even be bothered to spend two seconds thinking critically/objectively about before opening your enormous idiot trap so you can start yelling about the devs catering toward people who buy booster packs instead of acting to improve the quality of Wakfu as a game itself has now earned you a spot on the most exclusive list imaginable:

Congratulations Neneko, you're one of a kind. Please babble futher about how the devs should cater toward booster pack players despite the fact that they probably already are (hint: It is absolutely and with complete certainty that the lower level players are going to be buying booster packs while the higher levels let their subscriptions dip out while there's no new higher level content going on in the meantime, you extraordinarily loud cretin). While you're at it, start advocating for costumes with stats and putting Mea Culpa in the boutique since you're so eager to put your wallet where your brain should be.

This post has been edited by Hudski - May 21, 2015, 01:54:24.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863835  Replies : 54  Views : 1048