Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
548 Posts (0.48 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté March 26, 2015, 23:48:40 | #1

Quote (Nox16 @ 26 March 2015 23:37) *
why is iops being strong a bad thing?
it isn't. They don't need a nerf...battle fields need a buff...more obstacles and larger zones please and thank you.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843759  Replies : 43  Views : 861
posté March 11, 2015, 21:19:25 | #2
pking with prizes is not pvp, it's just pking...with prizes...

we currently have a pking with prizes system, not a pvp one.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837671  Replies : 52  Views : 1883
posté March 11, 2015, 03:46:18 | #3

Quote (Ichiechiechie @ 10 March 2015 16:25) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 10 March 2015 14:15) *

Quote (Eniilicious @ 10 March 2015 10:47) *

Quote (Whiterummy @ 10 March 2015 09:16) *
This title took me 15 minutes. I was obviously very lucky but it helps if you take a panda (my main) and spam Karchamrak on a tile.

I've karchamrak'd some 2-3'000 spawns, I do have sad luck with just about everything in this game though lol.

Encouraging to hear it still works though (if this was done recently), I was starting to think the rate was actually lower as well (orrr maybe bugged considering it keeps spawning blanks~).
The spawns are always the babies though, right?... the babies don't activate the tile effects
this confused me, can you explain further. I might be doing something wrong here. o3o
well what I mean is that when a piwi or googoo steps on a tile it has a chance to spawn a baby cloudy piwi, nothing, or the rare as hell golden googoo.

I could be wrong here when I thought Eniilicious was throwing the spawned babies on the tiles when he said "I've karchamrak'd some 2-3'000 spawns"

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - March 11, 2015, 03:47:16.
Reason for edit : whooop~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837449  Replies : 16  Views : 1185
posté March 10, 2015, 14:15:42 | #4

Quote (Eniilicious @ 10 March 2015 10:47) *

Quote (Whiterummy @ 10 March 2015 09:16) *
This title took me 15 minutes. I was obviously very lucky but it helps if you take a panda (my main) and spam Karchamrak on a tile.

I've karchamrak'd some 2-3'000 spawns, I do have sad luck with just about everything in this game though lol.

Encouraging to hear it still works though (if this was done recently), I was starting to think the rate was actually lower as well (orrr maybe bugged considering it keeps spawning blanks~).
The spawns are always the babies though, right?... the babies don't activate the tile effects  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837256  Replies : 16  Views : 1185
posté March 10, 2015, 14:10:00 | #5
... So, the idea of this is to make characters irrelevant towards player identification, even though they currently already are, and make the players account the main face of representation?

I don't like it. Some one mentioned this being positive for role-playing and I'd like to ask that individual...how is it positive for that?

Unity sounds nice and all but why is there a need for this? A forced sense of nationalism is kind of silly don't you think? I may be a neutral Nancy but it has never mattered before so to try and make it matter so late into the games lifespan just seems... forced? If it was like this to begin with I wouldn't care as much but I already have my characters in each nation on my account and enjoy having that kind of flexibility.

With the ability to change your nation don't you all think that the whole nationalism concept is pointless? Having characters who are currently in different guilds makes plenty of sense since the players in the game aren't even currently represented by their characters but rather the characters stand for themselves. Would people be forced out of guilds they started or joined when this feature is presented?

I suppose people would have to open new accounts.... kind of wish I could reallocate my characters to different accounts if that were to happen, but we know how that would go.

• I should look at the translation again and see if this is an optional feature. If it's optional I wouldn't mind at all... which kind of makes all my typing above a little anxiety filled and unnecessary...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837254  Replies : 55  Views : 1905
posté March 09, 2015, 03:12:27 | #6
never disappointed because in order to be disappointed you have to have expectations first.

Not a shot at ankama, because I live by a rule of mine to never expect anything out of anyone ever. This keeps me sane and happy with the performance of others for the most part. Even I can see the folly behind this "code" of mine but it's the give and take of living by a substandard practice.

Anyway~ Ankama's wakfu team is doing a pretty good job all things considered.

The developers can only create an environment/atmosphere where "fun" is possible... whether or not everybody will enjoy their game is subjective since everyone has different tastes. However since we are all here it means this serves a "niche`" that we all find enjoyable.

It's up to the players to pick up those building blocks set by the developers and create their own ideal variation of "fun" for themselves. I myself back in beta found the game a little bit boring but only found real enjoyment in it when my family members could no longer play it due to the game being too much for their computers. When that happened I had to venture out and find new people to play with.

It was that process of creating bonds in the game that made this game so much more enjoyable for me and it's what keeps me here. I am more than sure that's true for a good portion of the player base as well. It's those kinds of experiences that stick out the most for me.

There's no wrong or right here, it's all preference. Can they do better? Who couldn't do better in any line of work honestly? Improvement comes with experience and the wakfu team has changed allot. Wakfu has changed allot, it's a new game with new ideas and goals from it's predecessors. Are we all seriously thinking that the developers don't want their game to succeed? No one wants it more than them. No matter how much you love the game, I doubt anyone could ever love it as much as the people who give blood sweat and tears to push out content to the best of their ability. Yes they can improve, and they should strive to.

I guess what I am saying is that I know we all love the game, and we support it without question we do, but let's not expect them to do all the work to make this game fun. We have to do our share too... I love this community since it's more than obvious that people are trying.

Also, Ankama's support is utter trash, I'm sorry but you guys are terrible at handling it and it shows no signs of improvement, shame on you no really no sarcasm here to be found, shame on your support team. What is it like three people and a clubbed baby seal? Seriously, I've never seen worse support, I'm going to break code and totally expect your support team to be terrible at their jobs forever...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #836781  Replies : 46  Views : 1467
posté March 09, 2015, 02:33:54 | #7

Quote (bluephantom @ 09 March 2015 02:24) *
i don't think you appreciate yourself or other women with this half baked shit
careful, the direction of your comment can be misinterpreted in the forum even though you probably posted in the news page.

------

Past that...yeah~ it's a dinky special for an otherwise simple and quick stock/let's find a reason to celebrate something/we take anything "holiday" (can I call it a holiday?) well whatever.

Nothing worth releasing some new costume or crazy deal/exp extravaganza over.... but it's "nice" (for them maybe, but it's something) of them to try and make some money off of the occasion I suppose.

Not too excited about it, but it's not shabby, just drab.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - March 09, 2015, 02:36:20.
Reason for edit : split~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #836776  Replies : 48  Views : 1665
posté March 04, 2015, 03:04:59 | #8

Quote (Heartyace @ 04 March 2015 02:54) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 04 March 2015 02:44) *

Quote (ennieeee @ 04 March 2015 02:33) *
"at least one should automatically be AP" that sounds like less freedom to me o.o

I mean I don't know, the fact that we have relics/epics (a) with exotic AP, (b) without exotic AP, (c) with 2 AP, (c) with 2 MP... that does give you quite a number of build choices. You're right in that players naturally gravitate towards wanting more AP, but that doesn't change the fact that there are viable builds that aren't 12 AP/6 MP, and gear to support this variety, so players are at liberty to experiment with alternative builds.

Not that it wouldn't be nice to automatically get AP and MP without spending any points, but I'm not really sure how that changes anything xD Either we'll all just end up investing the points in the same things (final damage/range), or 13 AP will become a thing... so essentially the same as now, except everyone starts with more base AP.

Quote (Green-Stripe @ 04 March 2015 02:27) *
What if I have my own personal build and I want to not stat AP and go MP, Range, and final damage instead? If you force people to stat AP it doesn't feel like freedom at all.

You guys aren't understanding it completely. He means giving a free AP on top of the major point.

Kinda like how dofus gives you a free ap at level 100
I think only the AP should be mandatory, that suggestion isn't bad. But MP isn't necessary. But things like WP, kit skill and Control are pretty weak right now.
kit skill wouldn't be so weak if they'd remove that worthless 10 kitskill cap and integrate kitskill back into gear in a fair and plausible way.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #835411  Replies : 27  Views : 1225
posté March 03, 2015, 07:18:31 | #9

Quote (Oanhanhon @ 03 March 2015 06:35) *

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 02 March 2015 21:39) *
I like the Dofus 1.0 style

Forever A Bauss.
I miss the sleepy eyes, the wild hair and the bandages not covering the head totally, I really don't like the look of Xelors in Dofus nowadays.

That thing is a Xelor!?....

Anyway, Dofus hurts my eyes (spoiled by wakfu's beautiful visuals, yeah dofus has back grounds but those glorified backdrops they call maps are mostly static, so no, wakfu's world has more "life" to it) so I'd have to just pick wakfu graphically, however conceptually certain dofus design choices are better by far albeit a bit lack luster style. If it wasn't for the easy nature of templates, wakfu wold win hands down but they chose bland templates for everything other than Foggers. The price of sleek quick and efficient design in wakfu's case was the loss of "personality" in the characters. They are pretty lifeless in wakfu....we need more faces and hairstyles honestly...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #835156  Replies : 39  Views : 1810
posté February 26, 2015, 17:00:02 | #10
Only problem I have with lock and dodge system is that certain monsters have skills to blow away more than half your mp every turn and they also have insane lock...

Though it's my osamodas who has the problem with it....low level problems~ wobots make me sad when their speed bonus kicks in. It's my own fault for not going into a dragon spec... also, it's my fault for fighting alone rather than having a battle buddy.

anyway, if every combat map was polter in elmeka big, It would be nice. Currently combat maps are just too small to justify a game where 7 mp can get you more than half way across the map most of the time.

I should play a close combat character to see the flip side to this... but most have tools to get close to you and then keep you near them forever. I mean once both players have gotten into a certain position on the map, that's it. Close combat fighter usually can hit their target without worrying about using any skills to get into their ideal range. The game of tag usually ends unless one target can slip away behind another and cheese their way out farther with other abilities and spells (sram and pandawa)... but in a team battle... everything changes dramatically.

Too many factors and bias opinion for every situation but the lock and dodge system is waaay~ more fair then it used to be.

It's decent as is. no more luck in the mix.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #833920  Replies : 75  Views : 2591
posté February 11, 2015, 04:56:26 | #11

Useless weapons crafts. (and how to fix them)

An age old question!

How about we break the mold by answering with an old Chinese proverb?

• "Two Tiger lilies Try to Take Turns Twisting in TheMAKE CRAFTED WEAPONS NOT USLESS"

...No really. It's a Proverb. Google it.

I mean... why the hell wouldn't there just be better stats on crafted items? Always. ALL Ways! Put the little golden hammer symbol on anything crafted over anything...not... crafted... (?) (forget imperfect crafts/that crap makes no sense)

Make it possible to craft any and all gear in the game. An idea they had and have still not followed through with yet because time is always an enemy and will never be your friend. Ever.

Make the difference in the crafted weapon/armor/ whatever around 12% more damage. 12%. Not 5. Not 10. 12%. Twelve Percent. Maybe more!? But we don't want to seem greedy!. 12 is perfect! It's just the right amount of difference some one might care enough to bother crafting a weapon that they'll more than likely drop if it's an option.

Make two crafting recipes.
  1. Regular one to net that 12% ALL damage/ whatever the star stat is on the particular piece of equipment
  2. A simplified version that uses the dropped version of a weapon/any gear as an ingredient in the formula along with some simple tempering ores and blah blah blah! This way, even if you'd rather just drop the item all together, there would be no reason not to just craft it by dropping the weapon first then tempering the tool to make it into the stronger version. However The normal recipe should yields Waaaaaay more experience for leveling the profession.
Clearly there is a gas leak somewhere in my home but bare with me!

Make! The drop rates! .....lower on gear that is looted... now before you kill me! Remember. I am a human too. I like being alive and so do you....most of you anyway.... now would you want to be killed in the rallying overzealous flames of an organized hate parade? Or do you like chilling out maxing relaxing all cool? I prefer the later...

Making drop rates lower on the actual gear on the loot table while raising the materials gained and a higher drop rate all together of those said materials will make crafting weapons and gear in general more desirable since it's kind of pigeonholing players interests. Kind of counter intuitive since this game is loaded with OPTIONS and [optional content]. This would kind of make people feel as if they Have to level crafting in order to "play the game".

Not true, not true. Okay Friend!? Higher someone to do it for you.

Sellers, don't be a douche.
If a player can gather the materials for their craft then ask for a small (small)(smaller) (the smaaaalllst you can think of) payment for your time. If you have to gather materials for anything for your clients though... it's free reign.

It's not perfect. Nothing is. Look at this game that we love so dear!! It's an idea~ good? Good!
Bravo! oh Bravo!! Applause, applause. Nod and agree. I thank you.

Discussion time, yes?

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - February 11, 2015, 05:00:07.
Reason for edit : For MAXIMUM!! Effect. Please Be reading in Moroccan Accent. I Thank you.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #829282  Replies : 25  Views : 930
posté February 08, 2015, 04:13:53 | #12
...fated to close.. though it would be interesting to receive mount based combat whilst on a mount... a form of battle much like human cavalry battle or jousting thing. a little mini game based combat of trying to knock the other guy off their mount. A whole different type of battle map generator ... I'll stop myself here... where was I going with this?

Giving players mount battle mechanics to use is an interesting idea but forget everything about class abilities and spells.

Make the mount an alternate active option that you can toggle to from your weapons. You should be able to call your mount into the battle and It should cost you next to nothing to do this so it should be for a low 1 ap cost.

... however mounts should share 45% of a players HP and 75% of a players resists 6 Ap, 2mp, 4 wp and 100% of a players dodge +50

The player can click the mount active option again once the mount is "summoned" to see a small window open up much like an osamodas summon bar. On that window should be a two actives:
  1. Mount- A 1 mp costing spell that allows a player to ride a mount. You'll have to be next to the mount to even cast it. Once on a mount the player has new spells and passives available to them...or rather the mounts spells/actives and passives. While mounted the mount will take 50% of the damage the rider receives. The rider still takes 100% of the damages of course.
  2. 'Go on and Git'- this is a free cast that returns an ap to the player once used. you basically tell your mount to take a hike and skedaddle. The mount will leave the battlefield. The mount cannot be called back into the battle for 5 turns.
Once a player gets on their 'Mount' you can only see the mounts spells/ active skills and passives. Also you can see your weapon.

Passives:
  • M[Power]- The mount always has 2 more mp then the player riding it. For example; Spending all your mp to get to your mount and getting on it will give the mount 2 mp for that turn. However the next turn you can expect to have your full mp at your disposal +2 so long as you are on your mount.
  • Spooked- While on a mount it is impossible to lock a target. The mount has a 40% chance of moving back 2 cells when damaged. There is also a 20% chance that the mount will run away from the battle once hit. Dismounting the rider.
  • Mounted combat- weapon attacks get 10% (100% max) ranged/closecombat/ aoe damage bonuses each time you spend an mp. This plays off the fact that you are indeed mobile and should use the added momentum to your advantage.
  • `Chilling out maxing relaxing all cool'- For each turn While 'idle' (not mounted), The mount heals 10% of its max HP and has an 80% chance of gaining 1 wp. There is a 45% chance that the mount will fall asleep and be unable to interact with a player while 'idle'(not mounted).
Actives:
  • Haste- This costs 1 wp. The Mount gains 3 mp and increases Hypermovement by 30% The mount cannot be locked this turn. It has a 2 turn cooldown
  • Leap- This costs 3 ap + 2 mp. The Mount jumps and lands on the designated cell. It has no line of sight and can let the mount jump up to 4 cells in any direction. The mount has a 30% chance of gaining 'lead legs'. This has a 2 uses per turn limit
  • Daunt- This costs 2 ap. The mount forces a target to move back 3 cells. The mount becomes stabilized after use. This active has a 1 cast per target limit
  • Charge- This costs 4ap+ 1 wp + the mounts remaining MP. This moves the Mount to as many cells from its starting point (old bliss'krieg animation please and thank you) to it's designated cell (equal to the mp used up to cast this spell). The mount deals 100% of a players level and 90% of the players highest mastery as damage. (example: a lvl 100 player with 325 in earth mastery as their highest damage lets the charge attack deal 100 base damage and gives the mount 292-293 earth mastery) It has a 40% chance of 'stunning' every target caught in the aoe (a straight line) making each target loose 3 ap, 2 mp and become 'confused'. This spell has a 3 turn cooldown. The mount gains the 'tired' state and can only use 1/2 of its mp rounded down for 1 turn. (obviously a silly attack...maybe only 75% of a players level for the damage....)
Disengaging your mount will bring you back to your normal character stuff as usual.

Honestly I don't expect this to ever be a thing...but to expect normal class spells and passives to look 'right' is silly, so it's best to just get rid of them and force players who want to use a mount in combat to treat it as an inconvenient form of effective movement. An awkward and time consuming utility to move ever so much farther than you normally would be able to do, in combat and dismount when you've gotten to an area of your liking.

Freely able to jump back on your mount while it is still idle lets you do whatever you want to do in a turn but it still eats up tons of time with animations and least not forget that the mount while idle blocks line of sight. I refuse to let it have any form of ai...however with the chances of a mount up and leaving the battlefield after being hit or just falling asleep...it makes this little mechanic cumbersome and unnecessarily complicated...just the way I'd want it.

It's not everyones cup of tea but being able to freely move around an extra 4 cells seems worth spending the 1 ap to call in something that may just fall asleep sometimes if you aren't on it. It can block line of sight so maybe giving it similar ai to that terrible voodoll that sadidas have and make it runaway most times or maybe make it follow its master more often than not, so it doesn't potentially help box something in. It should be noted that the 'idle' mount only has 2 mp to work with so maybe letting it have a simple ai is fine. Since players can spend 1 mp to mount the thing and control its every move.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #828321  Replies : 27  Views : 922
posté February 07, 2015, 10:05:13 | #13

Quote (Madd1 @ 07 February 2015 06:42) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 07 February 2015 04:52) *
wait I don't get it, ALT+F4 makes you log out immediately?

neat.

Avoiding a pvp battle should be in everyones interests, especially if you know you can't win the fight. Hit and run is a perfectly viable thing to do.

This ganking Pking silly excuse of a player versus player combat game where just straight up mindlessly tackling anything that has Obnoxious wing banners on its head is not built on the idea of "fair play". Any instance where you can just select a target for the hell of it, kill them and be rewarded for it is just silly. The god Sram must be giving out this "Merit" or something, I swear...

No one wants to loose a fight, so the strategic withdrawal just seems sensible.

Though, It's understood that with all these timer based mechanics involved in common teleportation and logging out means the developers don't want us running away to save merit. So I can see why the ALT+F4 thing contradicts the current pvp's design (as flawed as it is)

So yeah... fix it since it really isn't intentional for people to currently bail out of messy situations in this sloppy pvp system.
I don't know what server you play on, but Nox has a _HUGE_ problem with the fact that the merit economy is literally DEAD. Damn near NOBODY is willing to PVP if they aren't 95% sure they will win. This leads to a very low-income Merit environment, where every merit point becomes absolutely PRECIOUS to some people and they are willing to start any and every possible drama, use every dirty tactic, and just generally be poor humans/players all over the server just to scratch they're way the slightest bit ahead in merit.

This is a terrible system and leads to absolutely awful and dirty play in the current PVP meta. Reasons like this are why I don't think you should give players more options to literally just avoid combat and covet their merit. Fights should be easier to get into and out of, merit should be more readily available, harder to lose and see significant gains from team fights vs solo fights.

That's my opinion.

Peace,
Madd
I pretty much agreed with you even in my post... despite the flavor of my text where I am for people just up and avoiding combat because, as you said, it's hard to come by so when people get merit they'd like to be able to keep it and maybe build up some if they are legitimate about it but as you also say people do plenty of lowbrow things to obtain merit especially in Nox. No one wants to lose anything. However in a ranked pvp system someone has to be the loser and the other a winner. Can't have one without the other...and there's nothing gained from a loss in this game other than the bitter taste of defeat and the battle experience...

any way, I did say that they should fix this since they don't want people to bail out of messy situations as it is. This is no different from being able to use your almanax temple teleporter instantaneously. They don't want that. So they shouldn't let the Alt+F4 loophole be allowed.

So yeah, I agree with you and stuff....Nox server as well by the way... I'm an uber casual so it's plain to see you wouldn't know me....seen you though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #828069  Replies : 35  Views : 1469
posté February 07, 2015, 04:52:28 | #14
wait I don't get it, ALT+F4 makes you log out immediately?

neat.

Avoiding a pvp battle should be in everyones interests, especially if you know you can't win the fight. Hit and run is a perfectly viable thing to do.

This ganking Pking silly excuse of a player versus player combat game where just straight up mindlessly tackling anything that has Obnoxious wing banners on its head is not built on the idea of "fair play". Any instance where you can just select a target for the hell of it, kill them and be rewarded for it is just silly. The god Sram must be giving out this "Merit" or something, I swear...

No one wants to loose a fight, so the strategic withdrawal just seems sensible.

Though, It's understood that with all these timer based mechanics involved in common teleportation and logging out means the developers don't want us running away to save merit. So I can see why the ALT+F4 thing contradicts the current pvp's design (as flawed as it is)

So yeah... fix it since it really isn't intentional for people to currently bail out of messy situations in this sloppy pvp system.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #828031  Replies : 35  Views : 1469
posté February 02, 2015, 09:22:16 | #15
I'm confused, why does the barrel have hp if nothing tries to attack it except maybe a player? Kiku's suggestion of making it a summon that passes its turn like a faulty sadida doll (all the dolls) is pretty good if all that is going on is monsters ignore the barrel...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #826357  Replies : 81  Views : 2488
posté January 22, 2015, 18:46:31 | #16

Quote (Heartyace @ 22 January 2015 10:12) *
Edit: I agree with Mini. Sugnuf/Cactus was the beginning of annoying dungeon designs instead of fun ones.

Does no one remember the beginning of Strich Dungeon?

(granted once you understood what you needed to actually win in a single room you were golden, however it's not posted outside the dungeon so you had to find out the hard way. So if you didn't have an archtype to fit the locking role in your first run then you lost.... took 2 hours in my groups first run of stritch dungeon just to clear the first TWO rooms...yeah we sucked, but damn two hours. I don't know if they won, I had to leave for work damnit.) 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822862  Replies : 23  Views : 1264
posté January 22, 2015, 18:29:06 | #17
My titles are varied but my osa has the most since they just toss titles at you for nearly everything in the game~

But each of my toons has a fitting title or an endearing title with a purpose behind it based on circumstance or experience or role-play feature.

Osa- "Pioneer" because he is my first character ever

Enutrof- "Ancestral Elder" for obvious reasons

Pandawa- "incessant Fighter of Nano-Dangers" When my panda was around level 60-70ish and the old fogger event occurred he solo'd the entire event and beat Sir Flexington all by him self using that good old fashioned Panda-Jank. It took forever since he was weak as hell but he still won even though Sir Flexington usually remains out of his range forcing a situation where the barrel would be destroyed every now and then and blah blah blah rambling, everyone in the Black black club back then told him to just give up and that he wasn't strong enough or high enough to bother soloing the place and should ask for help from some of them but he kept at it and finally won on the last day of the events availability.

Sadida- "Master of Flowers" For obvious reasons but also because of my own personal theme for my character since his name means Heavenly rebirth Flower in Hawaiian or at least it would if Ankama would remove the silly rules of not allowing too many spaces between a certain amount of letters in the damn character creation options. Well anyway, back when sadidas could die and turn into the ultra powerful I knew it was a stupid and near worthless mechanic at the time but it was funny to me. Also I just spent the battle running around screaming "I AM A FLOOOOOOWErrrrrRRR!!!" Relevant because I role-play with all my characters and my sadida used to be brooding and deep (emo) and just always sullenly told people he wishes he was born a flower...

Foggernaut- "Survivor" It would have been Stalwart Fogger but I decided in the middle of his life to delete him and start all over again once the new Incarnum came out along with that incarnate "class" and the new tutorials the first time they changed it up. Time and time again I used to consider just deleting my foggernaut since the way I wanted to play him was too complicated and impractical in the early levels and back then the gear and stats just weren't up to snuff...also I don't powerlevel so there's that option down the drain. I also am a role-play fanatic and just couldn't find a purpose in my foggers story or "character" He was just there to be there it seemed. However, once I pondered it enough on wondering what's the point of his existence and if having some robot was worth it, it came to me then. Do robots "FEEL"? Do they think?.... and if so, are they their own thoughts or are they thoughts programmed into them called A.I? With those in mind I now have my foggernaut talking like a robot and using HTTP code speech along with options to ease it like his [FFCCP] free form casual conversation protocol- which is speech without the use of code or robotesque notions for "5" sentences. Whenever he hits five sentences he must then re-initiate the [FFCCP]. However recently that got annoying so he now has the [AFFCCP] Advanced free form casual conversation protocol- which is the same program but it doesn't have the five sentence limit.

There we go.... looking back all of that was really unnecessary for such a simple question....  

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - January 22, 2015, 18:35:06.
Reason for edit : ....
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #822860  Replies : 50  Views : 1830
posté January 08, 2015, 01:42:11 | #18

Quote (Hudski @ 08 January 2015 01:31) *
It was useless and irritating. [Oh~(just like real world diseases, though others may argue that it serves as populatin control...I think we already do a pretty good job of wiping each other off the face of the existence)- that was me~] If you were grinding gobbs to level up they'd specifically give you a disease that made you drop everything to go find a cure, and that's only if you got it the legit way - People could attack you to give you whatever the hell disease they wanted to give you and you'd have no say in the matter.

There's a reason why there's no diseases in the current build, and it's because everybody literally hated them. They ran a poll on the Wakfu page to see if people actually liked diseases and wanted to see them expanded upon or removed and the result was the entire community saying to get rid of them so that's what they did.

Wonder why everyone is so supportive of removing content rather than improving a feature?

I'm sure with the right premise it could have been something worth implementing...

I mean, who likes being hit with negative ailments? That's right, no body. No one in their right mind would ever say they like being inflicted with penalties and stat reductions.... so of course that poll went exactly how anyone would have thought it did.

I mean yeah I'm sure there were some supporters but those weirdos probably only wanted it there because it had a "unique" impact on the game experience as players had to deal with the possibility of incurring some pestilent disease...

My god, we need something like that in game... However it needs to be changed into something worth while... (?) how can being sick be worth while?.....

With that though, I've never been a part of that version of wakfu.

I love all those options, they look fantastic..haven bags....what the hell happened to their creativity?

Only thing I don't agree with as some of you have stated is the graphics... I mean, environment wise it's beautiful! However, I'm not a fan of the big head little body character sprites back then and much rather prefer the current models.

Other than that though, everything else just looked so much more together...maybe that's why they altered it since the world just seemed too together...though I am sure those pictures don't serve the old version justice. It looked like an experience I regret not being a part of.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - January 08, 2015, 01:49:47.
Reason for edit : moar~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #818284  Replies : 52  Views : 2554
posté January 08, 2015, 01:29:27 | #19
Easy, there, no need for hostilities. rmw1 is entitled to his opinion.

Quote (rmw1 @ 07 January 2015 21:50) *
No.
why?
Because this is a PvE game.
Move along.

Anyway, while the game is indeed currently 80% PvE and 20% PvP (thanks to the pvp system they implemented subjugating players to kill one another for shining balls of light and nation versus nation being useless currently) its selling point in the past was the huge options available to the players. Nation wars are still something to consider despite it's current state, in the past you could at least role play into an event or something or a past based petty argument turning into a full game shaking war for casuals discomfort. The ability to protect what is yours by attacking people who have disturbed you. Attacking people just for the sake of attacking them and nothing more, or even to create chaos in a usually calm peaceful environment. Now we have the option to attack one another to obtain superficial but other wise really nice gear and costumes at the sacrifice of not being able to fight when ever we want; where ever we want and are forced to wear targets called wing on your head if you wish to kill some one for any reason, not just merit (but why do that with no gain other than to be a villainous wretch).

The game has always had pvp in mind from its creation. Players interacting with one another in many different ways is what makes mmo's different from any other game out there. If I wanted to play an rpg with a set story and a set goal and only have to fight enemies that the game is designed to have, then I'd just go out and buy/ play Final Fantasy Tactics again or dust off my old playstation and play some grandia1 or Lunar.

What makes games like this great are the people you meet in it.... for better or for worse, having multiple ways to interact with one another is what made this game perfect...for me.

Trading, crafting, selling, leveling, and fighting against/ alongside one another are what make up the social aspects of the game. You can choose to play alone and then it does become just a PvE game, but playing with others is ten times more fun.

I'd just like for the player versus player combat to become something like the game within the game.

Multiple layers and categories of player versus player combat...

When wars come into the picture again and politics get deeper along side the nation revamps and guild versus guild... couple these with a basic anything goes pk system with no rewards and a few safe zones and slap a structured pvp option along side it for sanctioned battles and an arena to hold more prestigious combat for rewards and other glorious prizes to make it worth while and I'd be in love with pvp again.

One thing... I am not "for" harassment but I do not wish for game mechanics to police players. Let players handle the situation on their own. I'd rather there be an experience and something to be gained/ lost from conflict, rather than not allowing conflict to ever be an option to be experienced. Give the players the option to settle those situations themselves till the extreme happens and a moderator must be flagged in...

Yes, there are allot of unfortunate situations that have happened and continue to happen. Bullying and the like, and the old system had done nothing but nurture that kind of an environment where if someone could be a bully then they could be that bully. However it's not the fault of the system but the players involved.

Yes, I hate it when my friends all drop off one after another from the game due to being attacked too often... but at the same time there are better ways of handling things rather than walking off upset never to return again...

anyway, yes, there are victims in that kind of system, but I feel like I'd much rather have those options and chances of things like that happening rather than not have them at all.... who the hell am I replying to? Why bring this up?

well anyway, to summarize that...self induced nonsensical self righteous marmalade .... bad things may be bad but they too are a part of this experience called wakfu. I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - January 08, 2015, 01:32:28.
Reason for edit : added quote for reply confusion relay~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #818280  Replies : 37  Views : 1662