Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
509 Posts (0.5 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 18:05:41 | #1
I miss our old pay to win system...

The subscription model was the ultimate "pay to win" option, because in order to win you have to be able to play the game first

jokes aside, this all doesn't really matter one little iota.. the bickering between you guys is just awful.

No one hear is saying that pay to win is great and we all agree it is a scummy result of certain free to play models...

However, the only thing gunner is advocating here is that if it happens then people just need to get over it.

Honestly Dofus and Wakfu are the only Mmo of their kind currently.

It's near impossible to even define "winning" in this type game. If slight stat boosts are what it takes to make things unbearable for people in pvp then I don't know what to say.

The links provided in the Op's post though.... they need to not do that kind of thing... ever... it better be a damn joke... placing craft-able in-game items and level 100 in-game gear in there... why!? It's stupid and lazy.

Put special gear in there instead unique to the boutique like the makas were. Maka based costumes, maka based armor, maka based pets and mounts and all kinds of other silly weapons. Centralize makabras. Make that the boutiques weapon based content. Add level up powders for those items, add level up powders for pets and mounts. Slap some spell exp boost potions alongside exp and craft/ harvesting potions and you have yourself a pay to win system that is tolerable and profitable.

Relying on things that you can get in the game to boost your sales is crap. However, if they are going to add costumes that give stats, make them like makabras and have them be not be linked and people can sell them. No one complained for too long when it came down to the makabras before, so this should be no different. However, the gear thing needs to go away. They can do way better than slapping in-game items into the boutique...

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - November 23, 2014, 18:06:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800168  Replies : 82  Views : 1743
posté Yesterday - 14:20:47 | #2

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 23 November 2014 09:15) *
You guys act as though this is the first time its happened... lol

Click here this was a magazine reward just like this pet a long time ago

Knew someone on nox who had it actually but haven't seen one since then

To be fair adamai can transform into whatever he wants so its not like it doesnt make sense

It's not even that.

When Adamai transforms into other things those other things still Look like Adamai.

The only thing "wrong" with this awkward pet is that it resembles nothing of Adamai other than it's color.

What it really needs are some big ol' offensive blue lips.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #800134  Replies : 19  Views : 951
posté November 22, 2014, 14:33:10 | #3

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 21 November 2014 16:09) *
Any news on this pet becoming available to our community?

Apparently it's stats are +60HP / +20% damage / +12 wisdom

Source : Click here

The hell is that supposed to be?

Isn't that literally just an Adamai skin for the normal dragon pet?

Couldn't they have.... I dunno... tried with this one? Just a little bit? I know it's not supposed to be the same Adamai... but... couldn't they just leave dragon as the universal pet for this and create theme based skins that alter the stats out there instead?

Looking back, Adamai isn't even all too dragon-like and looks like a troll doll with Chinese Lung features minus the whiskers but...

Where the hell are it's arms?

It.... it's an adorable abomination.... not to be confused with this adorable abomination right here

and yet ... I don't like it

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - November 22, 2014, 14:34:56.
Reason for edit : ploop
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #799752  Replies : 19  Views : 951
posté November 20, 2014, 17:37:14 | #4

Quote (Kralove-Chan @ 20 November 2014 17:31) *
Hi,
I doubt the sufokian mercenary quests in turfo canion are bugged, but i can't finish one of the quests... always says: you're too far away to do that. any solutions?

hrm... have you tried seeing if they are actually below that area instead of on top of it? like going in below under those steps? the underground area looks like a "sewer" area.

Given the nature of the Mush'ds I find it odd that they would be out in the open like that when they prefer damp areas.

Try going under there and seeing if they are really over there rather than on top, maybe?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #798937  Replies : 46  Views : 1532
posté November 14, 2014, 23:18:56 | #5
all it takes for people to stop supporting them is the decision to go against their own standards and convictions?... fans of the lore and those who appreciate the fine nuances of the story within the entire world of twelve are certainly not going to like this... Personally, I could care less since the lore in of itself is a separate entity and will never change. The game is based around the lore and uses time and place setting and a loose structure (especially now) of the story people have known and watched develop and hold at high regard... That said, even though I could care less and will continue to show my support despite this odd choice to go back on past words, I can see why people are upset. The newer developers and some one in charge after the older ones left the building must have tossed their hands up in the air and shook them like they didn't care when they decided to do this. However it's not the fault of anyone other than whoever is in charge. Ankama has been pretty notorious for not having much of a check and balancing system involved with their team since everybody seemingly stays in separate divisions and has no say in each others fields... The game has been marketing towards the younger generation and on that note, the newer fans of the series honestly aren't as attached to the lore as some long time fans. They see it as a means to an end to include eliatropes since for whatever reason they can't make something else and prefer to make more money by flashing the animated series star characters class.
It's painful to watch the higher powers of the wakfu division choose to wave the protagonists popularity as the series becomes more known... kind of seems desperate, but if this is the direction they are choosing to go in, I guess it is what it is. Honestly there are folks who think the eliatropes are overrated and bland and lack any sort of depth... My question to those folks is... what would you change about them to make them less shallow? Or is the lore so deep rooted and the foundations of your view of them so strong that it's impossible for anyone to see anyway for the eliatropes to become anything more than space elves with wakfu wing ears and portals?

Thread : News  Preview message : #796616  Replies : 246  Views : 3270
posté November 13, 2014, 05:51:28 | #6
kinda wish there was a nice little race mixer for them voyagers~ or for classes in general... playing as humans, pandas, bushmen, and cats is fine but..variety is the spice of life.

I wanna play as something reptilian... or a bird man...man bird?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #795970  Replies : 256  Views : 13243
posté November 09, 2014, 04:14:16 | #7

... why do you have to bust balls?  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #794684  Replies : 7  Views : 419
posté November 07, 2014, 01:41:42 | #8
all I want is for there to be new costumes in the boutique worth buying... new. Not a palette swap of a tofu/gobball set or a costume that makes your gear transparent (who really cares? It's not like the character creation in this game is any good, we all look the same no matter what till we get the same level of customization that dofus currently has). Something new...it could even be crappy looking (to me) but then I'd at least know the designers tried.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #793881  Replies : 106  Views : 2478
posté November 07, 2014, 01:26:55 | #9

Quote (SacridTaco @ 06 November 2014 22:55) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 06 November 2014 21:02) *
...once again, the offer of this particular mystery box is more or less meant for NEW players. Nothing to see hear for people who have been here long enough to know better. With the steam release they are seeing plenty of new players, it only makes sense to advertise things that are currently in the boutique so that new folks buy it... crappy for veterans but a nice cheaper offer for greenhorns.
Do you know this for a fact or is this just a logical explanation that you came up with to explain Ankama's dumb actions? Cause Ankama couldn't be that stupid, right?

You know damn well I pulled that explanation out of my ass but it's the ONLY reason why any marketing team would ever place such a lame offer up in a game shop.

Folks are better off buying the costumes outright... each costume costs 1200 orgnies... You really aren't saving all that much by buying some rag tag box that has a chance f giving you the same crap over and over again.. yeah, 5399 for a 5 pack box full of Ally Baba crud...

honestly the entire premise of the mystery box series items sickens me since whenever it is full of nice things it encourages spontaneous impulse purchases with no gain to the buyer what so ever.

The first mystery box was full of really nice costumes that weren't in the boutique and were relatively cheap... which makes the reckless purchase seemingly less reckless but honestly I bought 10 of them since the odds of getting what you want aren't in our favor.

This particular mystery box should be renamed "new player box" since no one in their right mind whose been here for even 2 months should buy it. It's full of unpopular and outdated cosmetics.

Thread : News  Preview message : #793877  Replies : 54  Views : 1218
posté November 06, 2014, 21:02:33 | #10
...once again, the offer of this particular mystery box is more or less meant for NEW players. Nothing to see hear for people who have been here long enough to know better. With the steam release they are seeing plenty of new players, it only makes sense to advertise things that are currently in the boutique so that new folks buy it... crappy for veterans but a nice cheaper offer for greenhorns.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - November 06, 2014, 21:03:21.
Thread : News  Preview message : #793753  Replies : 54  Views : 1218
posté November 06, 2014, 03:10:33 | #11
it's pretty apparent that these "new" offers are for rather new players who haven't been in wakfu for more than a few months.

Yes, players who have been here long enough have no use for any of these old boutique costumes, but the thing is...

The offer isn't meant for you or me, just for the newer players who might not have the costumes already.

I would love for there to be actual costumes to look forward to in the future though... can't wait to see what the designers come up with when they are allowed to create something fun and cool or beautiful~

Just a reminder to those designers and the marketing team... please don't force gender based costumes and let us wear whatever we would like to wear please~

Waiting for the day I can finally sport that true love, wizard and spring has sprung female costume son my male osamodas.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - November 06, 2014, 03:12:20.
Thread : News  Preview message : #793447  Replies : 54  Views : 1218
posté October 30, 2014, 05:07:02 | #12

Quote (thisishooks @ 30 October 2014 04:00) *
Once upon a time; there was a horrible system in place that would make many a people quit. If you died in PVP, you would be able to get attacked immediately; and then not be able to do what you wanted.

In the absolute worst case scenario; you would be able to camp the spawn point; meaning there was absolutely no escape other than to log off from the game world. You could not do anything; you were trapped by someone; literally unable to play the game you were paying money for.

As you can imagine; this was a terrible system. So, our benevolent lords in Ankama took notice and changed the system. From now on; you could get attacked all the same, but you would have immunity! Now, once you get killed, you can run past your aggressors who would be powerless to do harm to you! Griefing was no longer a problem in the World of Twelve.

Still, however, exists these weak willed mongrels who come to the world crying that killing each other is too much. It's bullying. It's wrong. The system before was much worse and much more unforgiving, and now you come here today weeping like a spoiled child that you got pushed into the dirt, and you're upset about it. You have all the power in the world to avoid it, and yet you don't, and you COMPLAIN. You COMPLAIN about being killed in a game where open world PVP is a feature; a selling point to many gamers who enjoy this style of play.

How dare you come here with your carebear crap. If you don't want to die, run. If you are being repeatedly aggressed, put down your wings so you can't be touched due to the immunity. There is aboslutely no reason for any whining in this game due to player killing. If you don't like it, get out, or get good.
The good old days... any way, I agree with your post... but, people with their wings off can still be attacked by people with their wings on and are unable to retaliate unless they themselves turn on their wings. I could have sworn the op said at one point they had their wings off the whole time but now I look like a phony because I can't find it anywhere right now~... oh wait there it is

my wings aren't up, at all. That is why I am saying

anyway, like I said before, there's nothing inherently "wrong" with player killing... however the pvp system we have now is better than before...that doesn't mean it's a good pvp system. Only thing they did was give people an incentive to participate in an activity that was once only territory for people who really had their role-playing ideals decided and went for the "bad guy" route. Now there is purpose and meaning to pking....but don't call it pvp. It's like my new catch phrase for these topics... it's just pking with prizes. When we get some structure and order for this system, then maybe we can call it actual pvp. If there was an option to tap out I would be hitting that mat every time~

Op, this game is not dot Hack so thank the stars in heaven that dying in the game doesn't make you die for real. It's no big deal at the end of the day, just keep your chin up and roll with the punches...or take in plan B and befriend your foes... just saying~

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 30, 2014, 05:10:06.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791607  Replies : 62  Views : 2020
posté October 29, 2014, 23:06:33 | #13

Quote (Agosta @ 29 October 2014 22:38) *
Openly being able to PK someone has always been a glaring flaw in this game. The only people who do it are those that attack people that they know they can beat, and if they can't they either gank or call in backup afterwards.

It's not so much a flaw as it is one of the many freedoms offered up in the game.

If people want to be douches they can be douches.

I don't support pking but I don't hate it at all. There is honestly nothing "wrong" with allowing people to kill each other in a game like this. However wakfu steps it up further by allowing you to kill anyone almost anywhere at any time that you wish.

However, the new pvp system strips the other side of the spectrum's freedom by only allowing people with their flags up to actively kill other players.

And that's all the pvp system has done.... not entirely true, it has done one other thing.

It allows people to not be a douchebag all the time and gives them something to strive for that actually has weight, an activity outside the usual grind and routine.it's another way to spend your time in wakfu. Honestly it's better than before but I still wish they'd let everyone attack one another freely again and let those who wish to pvp, do so.

Getting rid of the open world assault that we have here may seem like a great way to prevent disputes but we are all human, we know it doesn't work that way.

I still feel like official pvp should have some form of structure...what we have now is nothing more than pking with prizes.

That is not real pvp in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 29, 2014, 23:07:23.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791551  Replies : 62  Views : 2020
posté October 29, 2014, 21:34:17 | #14
always around when there is someone advocating that the new pvp system is stupid~

It's dumb.

If you don't have your flag on you can't attack people?

But people with their flag on can attack people who don't have their flag up?

Doesn't make sense.

Since a player with their flag up doesn't gain merit from fighting some one with their wings down, why let them attack them at all, right?

An "easy" or rather "sensible" way to make pvp "better" is to let everyone attack anyone so long as the character is pvp ready (when they hit level 38)

However people should only be able to get pvp points for merit if they have their wings on and are fighting other players who also have their wings on.

Gee makes sense if it's like this right?

It doesn't stop bullying and if anything probably encourages it even more since it'll be back to the free reign kind of thing and if you don't care about gaining anything from killing other people and just feel like being the lord of all douchebags you can still go around doing that... but it's sensible

Now to the op...

Hiring protectors and mercenaries to do your work for you has always been an option but people aren't made of money and everyone's time is precious.... so you can't really expect die hard role-players to go around killing people for a measly amount of kama...

Ankama's wakfu devs aren't moderators and we have no in game moderators either (do we?). Sabi is great, but she can't be around when it's just convenient for you; sadly.

The "official" thing you can do is take snap shots and player names and submit them to a moderators ankabox so that they can decide on what sanctions to do...

You and I both know that there's no way in hell that's a good idea because just like in real life.... snitches get stitches. Police can't protect you forever despite their best "efforts" and witness protection does more harm than good as you let an individual terrorize your life and force you to uproot it completely, always living in fear... it's the same.

You may strike them in the foot... but they'll only come back later and when they do, don't expect them not to go for your head.

Having other people fight your battles or sicking moderators on them...doesn't do you any favors and only makes them actually dislike you rather than just pick on you.... and you don't want that...unless you do... but then you'd be weird.

Your "best" bet is to just accept this as them being complete asses and do your best to live with it... they'll get bored eventually...probably.

Option two is to befriend your bullies, I love this option honestly and it could prove to be the most effective, though more difficult and arduous, solution to your problem.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791538  Replies : 62  Views : 2020
posté October 29, 2014, 16:26:34 | #15
I've been playing for a while now I guess~

I'm one of those "lazier" players who just goes at a snails pace so please understand me when I say I was dirt poor then and I am dirt poor now since it's not so much about the game as it is about me and even I feel that the game is way too easy right about now. Not for me personally since I'm a gimpy punk but anyone looking in from the outside comparing the past with the present can see this. A blind two legged horse can see that things are too easy right now.

Did we need a fix on the drop system? hell yeah.

Did we get a "fix" on the drop system? not really, this is more or less a superficial bandage until they actually put some effort into it. It's too easy now. Can't wait for the crafting revamp honestly...

Did we want tokens back in the game? We missed them, we really did. That feeling of earning something after a dungeon run just for going on the dungeon run was always nice... but now they just shove them up your ass on the way out and if you're running on booster time you better lube up ahead of time just in case. Too many tokens for one run.

I appreciate the boosts but the reason the token system was so appealing was because gear wasn't falling from the sky like water and going into a run dropping absolutely nothing was disheartening. Now you tossed Prospecting lock out the window and opened the floodgates of the lord of loot enutrof and he's being overly familiar honestly and needs to chill out. On top of that we get an abundant amount of tokens form our runs and almost every piece of gear is in those machines?

I'd prefer one or the other honestly... but one thing is for sure. Relics had no place in those things and there is no way to justify them being in there.

The first relic system was equivalent to winning the lottery, and honestly I am so raggedy that I didn't even care about their existence and still don't (and still am kind of raggedy imo). The second relic system was more based on conviction even though the rates were considered "low" for fragments. The only problem about that system that I saw was... it was heavily based on community effort. An entire guild banning together to get one person a relic! yeah that seems like a great idea... yeah, no one else thought that was hilariously awkward and a little bit... insane, but me, right? Well now even I'm dropping fragments (passing those things around like it's cheese samples cause I will have none of that) and finding things too odd.

With the characteristic and stat changes in the September update, all my own hard work to get to a point where I felt like I was actually finally getting somewhere before that melted away as I find myself grossly saturated with superficial big numbers for stats by my standards (just a hint those standards aren't too high). And gear drops so frequently now I feel even smaller than I really am compared to before.

My friends gave me a stepping stone so I could build some kind of foundation to finally going into level 110 content in the form of a single weapon and as soon as I create that foundation (as shaky and unstable as it may have been) September rolls around and all that work amounts to about 30 minutes of game play by the low standards that are set now. I was a solo'er by circumstance before but then became one by choice. There was never a moment where I couldn't play with friends since I have so many great buddies. Except that when I come on most of them are asleep~ I was able to participate in a magmog run for the first time yesterday... I felt happy to be a part of it so I guess I'm a little bit happy that my stats are actually in at least a mediocre look right now. It's just that, I've scrapped and scrounged up and received so much kindness form others in the past to get to the (though small) place that I was before patch.... after patch... everything flows like water...

I haven't earned a damn thing since the September patch. It's all being spooned fed to me honestly. Just because I was in a dungeon run, doesn't mean I should automatically get what I wanted.

Just because I feel weak, doesn't mean I deserve to be strong "naturally" based on my level and not on my gear choices. It's all still based on gear set up and spell levels but our base stats got a huge boost and makes me feel uneasy about the direction of such a heavily damage based game.

Anyway, short version. I don't think it's a good thing that the game got easier even though easy is subjective and depends on the person it is most definitely too easy and needs to be scaled down about 2.5 notches and relics need to be removed form the token machines and to top it off for the drop system... it really needs to be worked on so it can be something respectable and for that matter, the crafting revamp needs to be worth while honestly... we need incentive to actually level those crafting professions other than getting to level 100 to craft level 100+ things. There should be incentive to do it throughout your progression in that profession... would love to be able to reforge gear to make them stronger or add things to them too... but that's for another topic, right now the game is too "easy" and needs to find a middle ground that is not only acceptable but respectable.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 29, 2014, 16:33:55.
Reason for edit : the hell did I press...
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791465  Replies : 50  Views : 892
posté October 29, 2014, 15:32:36 | #16
*goes on forum and sees this crap again*

SERIOUSLY Ankama?

They learned absolutely nothing....NOTHING!?

from last year? All the complaints boiled down to the same bull crap being rehashed because this was something that really wasn't on their minds at all since there are so many more important things to focus on and they never, not once went into improving the old formula of a crappy halloween event.

I'm not even a little bit upset since I've gotten what I wanted last year, though a new monster hunter costume would be pretty nice, just saying.

Think about this... last year, we had less people playing the game and asturb was still full of people fondling every challenge monster that crawled out of the filthy anus that is an ankama seasonal event. Now Asturb is ten times fuller and they still bind the creatures in the event to the damn place? The first halloween event ever was no sunday brunch but the challenge monsters spawned in the nations too and alleviated allot of the bull-crap that was to follow compared to the year after...

Last year was the worst... and now it's going to be even worse unless people group up for once! Even then the event is so lame since you only get points for the gobballs and ghouls you kill.... unless I am wrong about that, in which case I will shut up right now. If some one could tell me that everybody in a group gets points for the kills then it's not that bad and it'll just take allot of cooperation among the people... allot of cooperation.

Maybe that's why they made the event so awful like it is? Maybe... Maybe, It's all about giving people a terrible experience and bringing us closer together as we support one another through the storm of garbage that is the Al Howin event... this, is the true meaning of al howin! It only looks like a trick but it is really a sweet heartfelt treat.

--edit to add--

It's not that bad honestly. I'd prefer they work on the decembers stuff entirely anyway, y'know. The best gift for kwismas they could give us is a great update and we don't need filler seasons like october getting in the way... what happens in November again?

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 29, 2014, 15:37:43.
Reason for edit : addition~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791453  Replies : 38  Views : 1138
posté October 29, 2014, 00:54:45 | #17
female foggernauts... all they needed to do was slap the female animations on the male sprite and call it a day honestly. Doesn't even need to sound different. Foggernauts need more options in general for their customizations since there isn't an ounce of organic compounds on them and imagination was the only limitation. Compete armor alterations and different heads and everything...

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 29, 2014, 00:55:12.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791285  Replies : 69  Views : 1971
posté October 28, 2014, 17:30:38 | #18
you really missed out on a nice opportunity to make some kama~ You could have charged admission or open a them park, yes?

Passing a guild off with a haven world to a random stranger would have been nice but now... all those wasted kamas~ it'd sure suck if some one came back to find that their haven was gone~

their loss though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791122  Replies : 9  Views : 275
posté October 28, 2014, 17:24:49 | #19
I always wanted there to be a real feeling of growth while leveling harvesting professions. Y'know, like being able to gather faster and acquire more harvested materials for lower level materials when you hit milestones in the harvest of your choice.

looking back now honestly, what I wanted was for us to acquire a harvesting tool every time we hit a milestone while leveling a profession. level 25/55/85 in a harvesting profession would net us a gathering tool (bronze 25/ silver 55/ gold 85). I say those levels because that's when you need a harvesting boost the most honestly. Too early and it'd just be way too easy but too late and it could mean nothing since you'd be far to close to finishing your profession then so it'd get done but it'd be short lived. Even though it's still a terribly drawn out time to get to level 100 when you hit a certain point in some harvesting professions...fishing...

When you hit a milestone mark a clan member in charge of that profession could give you a harvesting tool designated for that as congratulations for the hard work and dedication and time spent leveling up.

Things like this shouldn't be some random world drop off of animated floating Halloween props.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 28, 2014, 17:25:38.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791116  Replies : 18  Views : 687