Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
585 Posts (0.49 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté May 26, 2015, 23:15:04 | #1
wasn't mp added to spell costs as a trade-off for higher base damage on the spell?

it's no big deal if they are brought back to mostly ap costs... they'll re-balance all the spell costs anyway...again.

I only hope that in the new spell system, purely utility moves can become something more than that since they were made in a way that encouraged them to never be leveled and used across the class no matter what your build was.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - May 26, 2015, 23:16:47.
Reason for edit : tidbitt~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866870  Replies : 35  Views : 897
posté May 25, 2015, 14:11:50 | #2
till gobbies return, Kabrok will be the only Osamodas Npc in the entire game without their Gobgob some where... as it probably should be.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866188  Replies : 8  Views : 373
posté May 25, 2015, 13:54:32 | #3

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 25 May 2015 13:38) *

Solution: Make CP a valuable resource. If CP becomes useful, then people will have incentive to gather it- this makes the law's current CP based model effective. Like the PvP merit system, perhaps CP may be used to acquire bonuses (armour, costumes, emotes, bounses, power-up food, etc). This would also give greater incentive to members of a nation to fix the ecosystem when it's broken.
But then there is no point in being an outlaw, so we can as well remove the whole system if everyone will be good because thats the only way to gain something. There must be something you can gain as an outlaw too.
Very true, that was one of the major problems with the old guard and outlaw system. It lacked purpose... it still lacks purpose.
The Riktus thing doesn't even compare to what the dev team of yesteryear thought about and considered to eventually transpire.

I liked the idea of the mines (since they are all mostly connected) being the haven of outlaws in a subterranean nation hub world where only outlaws could travel to.

There needs to be incentive to being an outlaw. Costumes and equipment wearable only based on your cp scores comes to mind. Guards too of course. Treating cp similarly to orbs of glory or like wakfu/stasis on certain gear would have been "neat"

As it stands though that would have just been a shallow experience all about appearance (like it is now). With little to work with in terms of tools, role-players would be the only ones who would enjoy the nation versus nation or guard versus guard aspects of this game...as it was/ is then/now.

We'll forever want a politics revamp till things similarly to Aarcher's ideas start being implemented.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866183  Replies : 8  Views : 332
posté May 25, 2015, 13:36:59 | #4
now all you need to do is buy a booster if you want to play in the beta server.

Only those with a active booster can play there.

Some one please let him know if it's the 30 day booster minimum that is needed to have access to the beta server. I think it is.

It doesn't matter how many days are left on your booster but it does matter which booster your account is affected by... I think

---------
Ninja'd by the chichiP

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - May 25, 2015, 13:38:21.
Reason for edit : curse you ninja! CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866177  Replies : 2  Views : 126
posté May 24, 2015, 01:37:29 | #5
I have two and can't decide between them so I'll post both~

1st. Normal

Upon flowing wings of Scaraleaf
Smelting minerals for our sheath
Raise your swords to this Ode
Perfect Glory is Brakmars Code

Embers glowing within the air
The Magma pools warmth will share
The grandeur of our country we bellow
Smoldering heat flows in the catacomb

Crimson dust races through the sidimote with an army across generations
Treachery and Poison not spurned is the language of our nation
Onyx soil bearing the toil as sweat pours from our brow
For our great nation of Brakmar we are forever Proud

Burn this vow into your hearts and never forget to wield the flame
Kindle, Tinder set ablaze the coals of your soul for our nations fame
Raise your fists full of kamas and buy our trust to overseers above
Forever warm and tender still, our Brakmar we do love

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd. Rock it!

Berate...Reap....Assault....Keep...Maul... Allege...Reign

scrounge....scrape.... crave... claw....

pilfer... plunder... deluge... daunt....

speak... lie... swindle... slay....

revel in the misery
pouring from our enemies
BrakMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR

Berate the fools who dare to stand in front of our gates
Reap the souls of those who wander into our estate
Assault the swine who raise their blades against our own
Keep the spoils of war to fortify our home

waiting for your ears to bleed
when our foes begin to scream

Maul the faces off of the disgraces who turn tail and run
Allege the guilty weak trash who think that they have won
Reign among the chaff as king and shout in victory
Brakmar will stand forever till the end of eternity

Berate...Reap...Assault...Keep...Maul...Allege...Reign....

scrounge... scrape... crave... claw....

pilfer...plunder...deluge...daunt....

speak...lie...swindle...slay....

wander listless if you dare
your ashes will fill the sidimote air
BrakMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR
BrakMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR

Scrounge and Scrape if you think you are too weak to survive
Crave for something greater as you Claw around to stay alive
Pilfer and Plunder the wealth from loose pockets in the cities slums
Deluge without remorse and Daunt the advances of all the lowly ones

embrace the ones that you hold dear
be ready to stab them in the back out of fear

Speak with tact and flair as you weave your lie
Learn the language quickly or you'll surely die
Swindle the saints who say you're surely misunderstood
Slay all who threaten to disrupt your livelihood

speak...lie...swindle...slay....

pilfer...plunder...deluge...daunt....

scrounge... scrape... crave... claw....

Brakmar will win every battle against all enemies

Brakmar we raise our flags in pride you have our loyalty

Thread : News  Preview message : #865642  Replies : 22  Views : 457
posté May 22, 2015, 14:51:59 | #6

Quote (Hans-Lowell @ 22 May 2015 07:58) *
How are we supposed to make 100 citizen points to vote on next elections when everything remove citizen point?

How new players gonna do anything on the nation while they are the one using the nation area the most?

Your system is so broken.

They won't be able to make 100 citizenship points.
They won't be able to do anything on the nation.
They won't be be able to even benefit from the nation bonus too.. I think.
The guy behind the big chair is a weenie.

The system looks unfavorable but I assure you it is working as intended. Not a good first experience for new players but it shows the adverse affect that the sandbox element has on the player-base.

I like it, but I'm not dealing with that kind of thing at the moment so of course my opinion means nothing. There used to be more crazy people in office but I think they all got booted off the island. They can't all be Emperor Nero and they certainly can't all be Alexander the great. Eventually this individual will either be booted or quit being "that guy" and slip away into the annals of history as a memory and nothing more.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864658  Replies : 85  Views : 2652
posté May 22, 2015, 06:09:54 | #7

Quote (Monsterjellybelly @ 21 May 2015 17:42) *
There's a saying: Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Don't hate the person doing this, but the stupid exploitable system that's implemented. Same thing applies for the easily exploited pvp system and how those players go unpunished.

Yes, the players too are at fault but if you give people opportunities to exploit something like this so easily you have to ask one thing; Is it the player or the people who designed such system(You know who I'm talking about) that needs to do something?

That's not how it works with role-playing features in any game environment.

It is entirely the fault of the individual behind the screen. In life we all have choices, whether you are a decent individual or a filthy troll, the choice is entirely your own to make. You could argue that circumstance based on individual experience influences those personalities but honestly, we all know what pushes peoples buttons and what makes them happy. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that lighting my house on fire will not make be want to shower you with love and affection.... I had a point somewhere in there and lost it mid bad example... anyway, people have choices in the game. The system is the way it is to give a feeling of freedom and choice. Some one chose to be a douche. Is it the games fault that that individual chose to be a douche nozzle? I sincerely hope we aren't excusing that type of behavior because the game gives you the ability to do what you will.

The only exploit here is the janky voting system failing at every turn allowing players to vote for themselves with multiple characters. Everything else is fair game. People can hate the governor all they want, it's entirely his choice to do what he does.
---
tl;dr
Never did like the saying, hate the game, not the player... It's like blaming the weapon rather than the person wielding it... or blaming video games for a stupid child's behavior.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #864536  Replies : 85  Views : 2652
posté May 21, 2015, 03:38:48 | #8
Hudski, please calm down... did Neneko eat your first born?

Anyway

Low level dungeons are fine. There will be a multitude of content to follow throughout this infinite development. I barely even play this game as it is so you can probably tell I don't care what level new content caters to as it releases... that reminds me... I need to log in and say hello to folks.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863869  Replies : 54  Views : 1041
posté May 19, 2015, 17:10:12 | #9
Am I the only one who thinks we put too much emphasis on Max level spells?

Having three branches with 3 level 100-110 level spells at level 123 in two branches while having two max level ones in one along with an optional level 100 (99) spell doesn't seem like it'd be so bad. Sure you loose out on damage but your options multiply considerably.... and this is why I can't build a successful character I guess.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #863282  Replies : 15  Views : 814
posté May 18, 2015, 16:50:08 | #10

Quote (chichiP @ 18 May 2015 12:44) *
The problem is, ankama has to quit sandbox aspect. well atleast add in some rules which disallow players to troll and disirespect other players hard work. I am asking since years for a new Govenment system since i have been Brakmar Governor for a long period.

Only benefit is that they at least changed the ogrest chaos into no chaos and quit that fixing machines when broken (200 hazel plank and 30? copper + kamas per machine). ALL machines were broken in brakmar! Took them 6 month to remove ogrest chaos. Also they readjusted the mobs who give bonuses in areas.

- 1 Vote per Account and not per IP address, cause if 2 people play from 1 IP can not vote individually.

- Give people more reason to keep up planting: bonus for wakfu increased!!
OR invent gear which can be obtained with x amount of stasis and wakfu points
to give us bonuses for harvesting, planting etc.

- Allow us to place guards which can be bought from nation funds. (a good use for funds)
They can attack people who come and steal our plants and trees.

- Give us a better punishment system and track down system for outlaws.

- Limit the Funds that are spend per week, to avoid spending funds without a reason.

Thanks Awiti
I love all your ideas...except the first.

They shouldn't slap such restraints on those in office. Why have a governor at all and not just an npc king if we can't have some one who does things the way they want?

I LOVE that there have been awesome, crappy, and down right dastardly "leaders" over the years.

Making it so no one can be a dirty rat bastard in office is boring. Why be a governor if you can't do what you want in office?

The scandalous and disrespectful people who come into term bring in a cloud of negativity and through that negativity they give people a common enemy and thus brings the community closer together.... in theory anyway.

The game needs villains. Plain and simple.

Orgrest Chaos was a good idea but the implementation was trash. Orgrest is a victim of circumstance and is as much a villain as a soulless coney is.

People behind the screen have been and always will be the best/worst villains worthy of the title since the games open beta.

No amount of game development or creativity on the wakfu teams part could make an enemy more sinister than a human being.

Do I like constant wars in game ( over the most petty things) or watching the hard work of friends and myself being spat on and run through the mud? Not really, no.

However, it added something to the game that you can't experience normally behind the safeguards created by game developers these days to retain players from fear of things going under due to the actions of toxic players.

The sandbox aspect needs to stay and the bit of freedom governors have to run a country how they see fit should always be available as an option.

Seldom few choose to be a piece of human waste while in office. For those that do, I salute you. Putting your name on the line like that is really bold if not stupid.

Alt voting definitely needs to stop, though with that gone, the threat of a jerk in office goes down the toilet. The only reason why these villainous governors exist is because of alt voting. With restraints on the vote system they'd be shutdown long before they became a real nuisance.... so I'm conflicted. I like having a jerk up in there every now and then...but I also want the political system of the game to be open and fair for everyone... but you can't have both...  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #862847  Replies : 85  Views : 2652
posté May 15, 2015, 14:42:35 | #11

Quote (Lukinerx @ 15 May 2015 14:32) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 15 May 2015 13:53) *
I don't care about water festival costume anymore anyway, since this new wakfu team has something against crossdressing and won't let male characters wear the new female costumes or female characters wear the new male costumes.

are you even aware that water festival costume look different on male and female character? it don't make males wear bikini (it would look stupid like half of the old costumes that makes males look like they have cleavage) >.>

Did you read my post~? If not, do it again. Clearly I know that the new costumes (counting water festival) flip the design based on the sex of the character wearing it.

I like options, I'm sure you do too. We could have had TWO costumes right there but instead it's forced to be ONE.

The more masculine water festival costume looks great! The feminine version looks so lovely! Why can't we have both instead of being forced to wear only one?

Either way it's nothing we have to worry about~ since it's an Asian server exclusive and nobody else will have it ever.

----

I didn't mean to turn this necro post into my soapbox for how I feel about the oppressive sex split costumes. However It should be known that all the split costumes are two costumes in one where one can't ever have the other; when they could just be two costumes available to everyone regardless of their sex. More costumes more fun.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - May 15, 2015, 14:50:19.
Reason for edit : added more~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #861983  Replies : 44  Views : 4003
posté May 15, 2015, 13:53:18 | #12

Quote (XxMiraiKuriyamaxX @ 15 May 2015 12:57) *
I know this post has been a long time but is'nt there like an event or quest (rarely) where we can obtain costume we want or a lower price for waterfest costume in wakfu, not on ogrines shop.

Join the Asian server and buy one there.
Stay there.
Everybody wins.

No that's mean of me, but could you imagine.

Seriously though, you should really not necro a post about a topic that people clearly are salty about (memememeeee~)
Water festival costume is exclusive to wakfu asia so any where else isn't getting it anytime soon....or ever. Never~!

I don't care about water festival costume anymore anyway, since this new wakfu team has something against crossdressing and won't let male characters wear the new female costumes or female characters wear the new male costumes.
Every thing is made to flip flop based on the sex of the character these days... lame lamer lamest~  

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - May 15, 2015, 13:56:47.
Reason for edit : 80% of my post was eaten~?
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #861977  Replies : 44  Views : 4003
posté May 14, 2015, 14:56:00 | #13
There really isn't anything "wrong" with power-leveling in all honesty.

Shoot, some people are just plain bad at the game without even being power leveled once (my osa and pandawa wave their hands in the air frantically, I suck at character builds so hard~). You can't really learn your class if you spent your time punching lower level and near level solo monsters to level alone, because all you'll learn is JANK and how to cheese monsters and kite ( which I guess is kind of learning certain class aspects).

How you learn a class doesn't really come with your interactions with mid level content because monster encounters across the board don't teach you anything in the early levels, post Jelly Island because it is then that you realize that you are dust in the wind from 80 and onwards. Anyone can power level and then go and learn their class eventually. The growth is different for sure, but no one "plays" this game without doing things on their own every now and then. It's just not plausible to assume that all someone does is get leveled by people all the time.

Hence the importance of group interactions. Early level class synergy is a beautiful thing to see but when you don't put in any true effort at all into finding people to play with you turn to power leveling. Learning by example and asking questions is a fantastic way to learn. Looking at the synergy between classes at higher levels and being inquisitive to people about their builds and asking for advice are all legitimate ways to learn how to play the game (things I don't do because I suck~). If someone is willing to let your level 30 or whatever character tag along in some higher level fiddle-faddle then they most assuredly will aide you in learning more about the game as they whisk you through content on their coattails.

Now the other side, how is that a "healthy" game experience? Who plays a game or even considers playing a game where all they would do to progress is level up by sitting in a corner and skipping their turn maybe whiff a spell for a second every now and then? That's not fun. Not even a little bit. There are always exceptions. Looking into the "bigger" picture of future endeavors with those same people who you are trying to catch up with and yearning to join them in content... there's nothing wrong with wanting to play with the friends that you've made. If there is a level difference then I suppose that the most logical thing to do would be to shorten it as soon as possible. That's where power leveling at fresh starts.

However there are plenty of people who make alternate characters and new accounts. Why would anyone want to do go through the pain of slowly leveling up all over again (which isn't so bad these days in comparison to the past) for every character they make. They'll obviously power level their characters since they've seen the content already. This honestly has nothing to do with those seasoned players since we should be looking at new players here, truly new.

New players have a multitude of tools available to them (once they buy a booster anyway....OH) to level up faster than anyone did back at launch (except maybe the challenge locking thing...miss weaving between those by area). Quests a plenty giving butt-loads of experience and new experience curves are already a plus. Then there's that boosted experience for characters lower than your highest leveled one ( It worked magic for my other toons~ really did help allot. Never would have leveled up like that solo without it). It's totally plausible to level up without being power leveled... but like I said it's about interaction and effort. People need to actually put work into getting people to play with. Finding a friend is tough at first but once you do... well, you both might just be terrible together. But at least then you're not alone! Makes that grind a little less heavy on the heart. Middle level content is actually pretty enjoyable with a group of good buddies. But as I said, the problem is finding good buddies... there needs to be a party finder in the game or something.... you know...a working one (?).

Ankama doesn't hate power leveling (the game would be dead without it unless we never had a choice in having more than one character on an account). However their Wakfu team knows exactly why it's not good to allow new players to skip through the content of their game that they made and developed. Why would any game designer want to see their work just sit there collecting dust never being touched. If it wasn't for the Otomai quests... wow... how sad. Now more than ever though, they may not want power leveling to be a thing at all... why buy wisdom flasks or a booster if your buddies can just put you on their shoulders and carry your butt across every island in the game. I guess to level even faster but honestly you really don't need it.

Well either way, they may not like power leveling but they can see where it is "necessary" (people make alts and lots of them) and where it shouldn't be applied (dungeons got those level blocks and new player really should play this game without being carried at least until level 60 where all the content is a bunch of nonsensical dungeons in every nation and sadida kingdom) and even the middle ground ( people want to catch up to their friends faster).

I think I'm done... no wait!...no.... nope. Yeah I'm done. Shutting up~

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #861670  Replies : 93  Views : 2323
posté May 12, 2015, 13:43:40 | #14
lost a good chunk o' my buddies early launch... does that count? New friends are fantastic though  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #861091  Replies : 18  Views : 719
posté May 12, 2015, 13:41:44 | #15
The slow road is soloing single or double enemies that are near or a little bit stronger than you. Depending on your class that can be difficult but plausible especially if you are a ranged fighter.

If you want to level faster you'll need comrades. You know, buddies to play with and go through content with and the like. The grind doesn't change but it opens new options for you with dungeons and larger group fights. The experience in the dungeons is great and you'll find yourself getting far more out of them than any kind of fight on the outside. Gear drops are more dependable, experience is nice, it's a more interesting setting in comparison.

However if you are looking to level fast then you're looking for a way to skip out on a plethora of content and get to the "juicy" stuff. So I guess power leveling is the option for the fast lane.

Find some one who is willing to let you tag along in areas that you'd normally never find yourself even thinking of going at the current level you are at and kill stuff while you kind of sit in a corner and read a book or stare at the wall or, I don't know what people do when they get power leveled but I doubt it's ever any fun to sit back and do nothing for hours.

However it is interesting to see how classes play out in higher levels, though it's more about the monster interaction than that since the only thing different between levels is available AP and damage. The obvious full skill set is there but you know what your spells are at level five-ish so there are no real surprises if you read them... though there are exceptions and seeing seasoned people play can be "fun"... Rambling~

Waaay off topic.... but yeah you could just join a guild and be mostly ignored by the core members and hope that there are others in the same boat as you in there and you could organize a group with them.

I know the tone of my response may seem "negative" but I assure you it is...n't (?)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #861090  Replies : 14  Views : 695
posté May 12, 2015, 04:37:01 | #16

Quote (xCATZILAx @ 12 May 2015 02:31) *
Some dude just posted like 6 lucloaks, 6 gkc, tons of soul eaters, the second someone buys it he reposts again... like... seriously? wtf is taking so long for ankama to do something?

yet another reason why this damn game is dead. down the toilet. thanks for playing.

oh by the way DD got out of jail recently and this new duper started spamming the market with relics... coincidence ????

LOL

When have they ever dealt with dupers or bugs in general (when it's not abusing a boss mechanic 'dpig says hello') in a timely fashion?

I mean..the bug that causes it changes with the tides right?

I mean it can't be the same method every time right?... right?

Well either way the first instance of the bugs abuse met with very little to no action being taken up to the point that by the time anything was to be done the damage was way past done and deeply rooted.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #860980  Replies : 282  Views : 2134
posté May 11, 2015, 14:18:51 | #17

Quote (Grandork @ 11 May 2015 14:06) *

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 11 May 2015 10:23) *
loosing

Dude, for the love of all that is holy. It's LOSE, 1 O, not 2. I don't even know why in the last 5 years people started typing Loose, seems like people just get dumber as time goes on -.-

Oh, you~! Yer the Best Grandork. Never change

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #860759  Replies : 127  Views : 6402
posté May 01, 2015, 23:36:00 | #18

Quote (JohnyWes @ 01 May 2015 21:52) *
Is it still possible to drop wakfu frost?
Click here
I killed him a lot of times and I droped a shield, helmet, tofutint and even some cool seed for herbalist, but I still can't get frost...
What server are you on? If you are on Nox I'll give you one for free  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857675  Replies : 11  Views : 743
posté May 01, 2015, 23:34:50 | #19

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 01 May 2015 22:17) *
Summon Naming!
Three cheers for Tommy~ bring it back we know you have the skill to pull it off~

For that matter, Make more summons alternate their color schemes based off of the osamodas whips color...like..all the summons! Even the blackest of shushu should turn as pink as my osamodas whips' hair!!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #857674  Replies : 44  Views : 1465
posté April 27, 2015, 07:59:53 | #20

Branches Tall and Roots Down De~ep
Proudly Wield the Mantle
ooooooo~f
THE
TREEEEEEEEEEE~E

Bo~n-TA The Pure Divine City
Pinnacle of order, justice and Unity
Bravery, wisdom, and strength we wear
The Standard of Righteousness we Bear

Forests Lush with Greenery
Boasts the most serene scenery