Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
731 Posts (0.48 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 29, 2016, 17:33:18 | #1
beautiful

Thread : News  Preview message : #960830  Replies : 43  Views : 508
posté April 29, 2016, 03:13:13 | #2

Quote (ReubenSchwarzschild @ 29 April 2016 01:57) *
. Leveling professions is also super fast.

... I don't know about that one. I guess time is relative and all that but... yeah... there are major issues that they will eventually (I won't hold my breath) resolve for professions... "fast" and fishing doesn't sound right... recipe level gaps and issues like not being able to simply skip the absolutely worthless production animations to really speed things up also happens to be major problems that completely hinder the games enjoyable aspects. Most just go do something else while their character does a craft recipe in bulk... making crafting an enjoyable or more substantial experience in game is an important part of this distant revamp that has been talked about but never really discussed by the devs to the players after a past proposal.

Aside from that I agree with you. It's a rough ride for sure but the game is enjoyable and Ankama makes really great games. I like to think it is just going through a phase of disappointment and strife...a long three year phase...

The road map that they brought up should be taken down and edited a bit... I'm still a fan of the old "burn it down to the ground and start completely from scratch" plan that some folks had back when the first major bugs started happening after that first major patch into another one.

Years of muddled old code as a base with new code being piled up on it... Either take the game down for a portion of time or just stop production of new content entirely to rework everything and recode the entire game...even thought he team is working on new content. Content that works trumps any new content brought to the table. Core elements of the game need to be revisited and re-established.
  • Nation affairs and relations (war, government responsibilities and overall impact)
  • Wakfu and Stasis emphasis, importance, re-imagination of the balance that dictate the natural order of the world
  • Crafting and Professions interactivity
  • Player versus Player nation, guard x outlaw, options and regulations
  • Environmental impact the players have on the ecosystem
    these core ideas that are already a part of the game need to be brought back into the limelight

Those main features are what called many if not most of the people to the game along with the design choices (sounds, graphics, characters and classes). It's these things that kept players invested in the game.

Now with the current focus on islands and dungeons is "nice" they let the old hooks rust and even decay, leaving nothing substantial in their place. Scrapped good ideas and introductions of band-aide fix style content additions (at best) leave a sour taste in players mouths.

All these problems steam straight from the need of "progression" that devs felt the game lacked. Though we players are at fault for the most part in that regard since the demand for new content rises as more "invested" players sweep through each content update. Developers can't possibly keep up with that kind of demand. The core features of the game which chained us to it are barely even functioning any more. With little left to keep players invested since they've been spoiled by those easy level up rates you were talking about.

I am plenty interested in the game since I level very slowly due to my own investment in the game, so I can just take my time and enjoy what's around so these veteran style complaints aren't from any personal experiences. Though anyone can eat soup and know whether or not a fly is in it, ruining the dining experience... This situation is similar. The things that made me really enjoy the game at first, are no longer as prominent as they once were, the player base, save a few, has drifted far away from any kind of Nation aspects in favor of a more passive and shallow experience. I used to love complaining about wars...anyone on Nox been involved in a war lately? Island swapping does not count, dammit.

I guess my disdain for the direction the game has taken in comparison to my actual experience in game is due to many friends jumping ship once the waters got super choppy. However, I myself take frequent breaks and go do other things to make the game not feel too stale. It's like "comes back from a break, wow wakfu! I haven't been on in forever, time to catch up with people, hope they didn't quit" Hoping people haven't quit after a small haitus is not something any player should be looking forward to but I do since I've seen people who literally loved this game more than any other walk away in disappointment. The tears don't stop.

Yeah, pking gets annoying but we could deal with it. Joining in and trying things out the pvp system in itself has changed for the "better" in certain aspects ( it actually being worth something now) while being completely trash in other aspects ....pking is rewarded?? what about arena fights in a structured stadium where merit can actually mean what it is defined to be. Where battles of honor are exalted while battles of subterfuge and ambush debased.

Many quit in the past due to player killing but I don't find it an inherently bad choice to have in a game. It's quite nice in fact to always have that sense of suspense and stress lurking in the back of your mind. The feeling that the world is full of unsavory characters who aim to ruin your good time is actually pretty engaging in its own way. However some take it too far and have caused a lot of grief for others. Regardless, people are free to let their own emotions guide their judgement if they so choose. All of my friends in the far past have quit, I didn't. All my friends during launch period have quit, I didn't. You make new friends, you have new experiences and obtain new bonds as you continue to reminisce over the past while looking forward to what new changes the developers will bring to the table for the future.

Watching the game grow over the years makes you want to see where it will end up. Eight years of development prior and I've only been around for the open beta into launch... I feel privileged to be a part of the game as a player and will continue as I always have.

The people who make negative threads are either two kinds of people.

People who complain because others are complaining

or

People who complain because the game that they love has fallen short in some way and they wish to rekindle that love

The forum is a place for players to connect with the developers in some way so that their feedback can be heard. The power of one is very clear here in that though they may be the vocal minority, they are advocates for the rest of the players who don't seem to even think about the direction of the game or the future of wakfu.

You know the old saying, do everything right all the time and nobody notices, but make a mistake once and everyone notices kind of situation, only in this aspect the same mistakes are being made constantly due to old code conflicting with new code.

While there may be more complaints than positive feedback it is without a doubt that the majority of players here on the forums want nothing more than for wakfu to have a long and prosperous future as it grows and matures into the diamond (promising game aspects and a fun base) that we know it can be as it sits under all this pressure ( the negative feedback).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #960703  Replies : 13  Views : 477
posté April 29, 2016, 01:56:53 | #3

Quote (SobereTitanium @ 28 April 2016 23:43) *

Quote (MrMoop @ 28 April 2016 23:41) *
I have never liked how Foggernauts can only be male, I vote we nerf their damage.
They should nerf Osamodas too, cause i Miss gob gob.
They should move most support over to the gobgob again but make it so he can't heal or target the osamodas whip either since that is why they destroyed the gobgob in the first place. Osa should remain team support with very little to no self sustainability aside from that revive and dragon mode buffs....

in fact they started to show that they would balance the osamodas according to this due to the debuff nature of the dragon transformation which centers the osa them self in stark contrast to the summon and team support role that base/summon osamodas whip has.However they decided to cut out the middle man, gobgob, and left him as a side note nod to past attachment since they couldn't really find a reason to even include the little guy if the osamodas whip can do these amazing things themselves.

What they failed to realize is that the osamodas has no real ties to its own summoning ability past the affinity with gobgob. Gobgob is the pocket dimension in which beasts are captured and contained. Without gobgob the osa itself means nothing. They should center gobgob in a similar function of the ultra powerful; who in my opinion, shouldn't be the one summoning the dolls for the sadida. That makes no sense and is not iconic to the sadida class at all. They make dolls. A doll that makes other dolls sounds neat and all, but turning the once mimic doll into a doll factory is just silly. It helped mitigate the costs of the sadidas spells in relation to what they summoned so that resources weren't too much of a waste like they were in the past. Still, altering costs of dolls and offering slight refunds of ap for dolls summoning in the older fashion would have been just fine.

Anywho~ gobgob needs/ should have to be/been brought into a new role of summon support since it is the one in charge of housing and regurgitating/ defecating (idk?) summons.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #960687  Replies : 25  Views : 502
posté April 27, 2016, 17:38:08 | #4

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 27 April 2016 16:11) *
I mean, my Fogger is already female. She's looking forward to some additional frame options though, I suppose.
she'll get to wear the bride costume now :3

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #960269  Replies : 26  Views : 1038
posté April 27, 2016, 17:34:23 | #5
aw really?
darn, and they actually have a pretty good support system too... that's a damn shame that they'll be leaving... still salty over the easter bug that ruined my first max star character

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #960268  Replies : 16  Views : 527
posté April 27, 2016, 14:52:40 | #6

Quote (Y-ster @ 27 April 2016 04:41) *
>inb4 ankama literally just adds female as an option with the same exact design but it still takes months and the update still comes with tons of bugs
This is all I want, they don't even have to change the voice, just the gear/ costume options and animations.

Bugs are a given and updates usually contain more than just one change so it probably will take months.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #960234  Replies : 26  Views : 1038
posté April 23, 2016, 21:37:55 | #7

Quote (Xillor-The-Shadow @ 23 April 2016 19:31) *
Osa is really good right now. I haven't seen one that isn't happy with their current state. Summoning has never been as fun and as balanced as it is right now, at least, in my opinion. Also they're not weak, at all.

Hopefully they will move towards an earth osa revamp soon, though, since i don't think anybody is using GobGob Osa anymore.
I still have a gobgob spell deck slot... just to have something to play around with... I welcome a dull revamp of the class as a whole

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #958015  Replies : 19  Views : 677
posté April 22, 2016, 17:52:27 | #8
I hate this site sometimes... retyping entire thing... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

What a nice thread

My name is Christian-CAO because it is my name followed by my initials...Most of my college friends call me CAO (say it like cow) since I use it as a tag for any game I've ever played ever... so in here is no different.

My Osamodas Frey Haakon Erich is Scandinavian for Supreme Lord High Born (meaning first born son) who will rule over the people ( or in this case creatures). The idea is that his personality entirely falls short of his name that his parents have given him. The story with him is simple in that his family maintains the Chafer army of Brakmars Sidimote and as such he was expected to lead armies of skeletons like his kinsmen, but he happens to love cute creatures and hates scary things. Fed up with trying to live up to his parents expectations, he sets off away from home to find a life of his own to live the way he wants to.

My Pandawa Lie Lien Rou-Jian simply means strong and swift minded like a sharp sword in Chinese. The story behind lien is that he was a student of Pandawushu under master Kano's old sect, however he experimented with different bamboo milk brews and created one that would grant users great power but with the side effect of burning away their own life force and bodies. He passed the stuff around to some of the sect members for testing purposes costing a large number of his fellow students lives and enraged Master Kano, banishing him and a few others from the sect. He sets off as a bandit with the other banished and eventually become pirates along the seas of Sufokia striking havoc along trade waters, trying to slip their brew into market circulation after eliminating any other market competition. Obviously such acts would reach notice of Master Kano, so he set a bounty up to eliminate his former students ambitions. (rambling) After math, the pirate crew lose their lives from overdose of the brew during combat and the ship explodes due to the combustive nature of the milk by Liens own hand ( lit a match while sitting on a large vat of the stuff in grief over the lose of his crewmates). Survived somehow but presumed dead, Lien quits drinking bamboo milk altogether and lived life as a fisherman from then on... until recent years now where the unsteady waters ruins his life style and he becomes a mercenary out of necessity. So the sober pandawa fights for money now.

My Enutrof, who is technically my first character ever, since before I made the others, the story was to have an old entruof couple traveling as Historians or rather Archivists for tomes and literature around the world of twelve. Hiring mercenaries like Lien and a Feca who I deleted in the past to aide them in their travels and eventually stumbling upon the wandering Frey on their travels... yeah, I originally didn't play the game when I made the story so I didn't know that the characters weren't in a party system on one account so I scrapped the idea all together.. either way My Enutrof Argus Saffi Espen translates in Danish as Vigilant and Wise Bear of God. This is obviously due to his advanced age and knowledge of the world, he also hails from Bonta and has a strict code of ethics and morals that he always follows...one of which is to disregard nationality when it comes to treating others with respect and dignity Also he has a beard so... bear...yeah. His "greed" for the pursuit of Knowledge and understanding overshadows any ties to kama so as an enutrof he is actually very poor. Since the party system was a bust in the beginning I deleted his wife and made him a widower... sad face... but with heroes this is all now possible... neat.

My Sadida Hanauhoulani Llima roughly translates to Heavenly rebirth Tree/ Flower or Flower of Heavenly Rebirth (due to name character limitations a few spaces had to be eliminated) either way his name just has everything to do with how I used to build my sadida back in the early days of the game. I loved the passive Still Life, dying and turning into a tree that then becomes reborn as an ultrapowerful (flower). Llima had a depressing personality about him back then, since he always wanted to be a flower and wished he could be reborn as one (interpret that anyway you want it is exactly how it sounds, he wants to be a girl). Unsatisfied with the shrub covered face of sadida males he does everything he can to look the way he feels is most "beautiful" and emphasizes looks above all else. It's allot of work but he pulls off a fantastic beauty beard

My fogger Artura Mael Ginebra is just a fogger honestly its name is simply based around the ocean where it came from and the white foam of the waves so it in celtic/irish it means Rock ( as in hard) Servant ( cut down to Mael from Maeleachlainn which means servant) that is white as foam (due to its color scheme of white and blue trim, giving him a very pearl/ porcelain appearance...it took on the name of royalty due to being a full automatic droid for data logging and appointment scheduling for the prince. One of the first designs for the steamers "new vessels". Its always speaking in code and usually has to start up it's AACP (Advanced Articulation Casual Protocol) to not seem as robotic when trying to converse with others ( and to save me time when I type, oh my god the early days). Originally it was just an add on and didn't have much back story but it grew on me and I developed some kind of a "personality" for this artificial numbskull...and its personality is that he doesn't have a "personality" :3

but yeah these are my characters~

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - May 01, 2016, 00:35:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #957710  Replies : 33  Views : 760
posté April 12, 2016, 19:08:37 | #9
Life lesson for you workers out there who are sort of new. NEVER plan a day off for a wakfu update unless it's the day after launch... hell, give it a week just to be certain

Thread : 1.46 Bug Reports  Preview message : #954944  Replies : 16  Views : 666
posté April 06, 2016, 18:49:03 | #10

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 06 April 2016 13:02) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 04 April 2016 16:49) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 04 April 2016 16:10) *

Back on track:

Just like in other mmos people can gank up on others, i think it should remain possible to gank on people, even if its not fair.

agreed, but don't you think gaining any kind of merit for doing that seems counterproductive? I like my split idea.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #953588  Replies : 16  Views : 1009
posté April 05, 2016, 01:20:39 | #11
This is actually the best thing ever... even more impressive is that the new 360 day booster is a better value than the old 365 day subscription financially speaking... though all those extra candies and boosts of the past were a really awesome tag-along.

Thread : News  Preview message : #953376  Replies : 22  Views : 764
posté April 04, 2016, 01:04:17 | #12

Quote (crimsoncowboy @ 03 April 2016 15:15) *
is there some way to filter out the anime may mees
Nothing worse than popping open up our phone on a lunch break and having this page load

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #953229  Replies : 16  Views : 1009
posté April 02, 2016, 21:06:59 | #13
I hope you aren't asking for fair play in this games open pvp...

If so, that is a dumb thing to want. Seriously, open area pvp is just pking. NOTHING else. You just happen to receive prizes when you win.

Fighting in the arena that ankama made, is where sensible people should meet for gentlemanly matches with thier peers. However, sensible people can organise thier own matches out on the open field if they want too.

No one should expect fair play when the basic method of standard pvp is jumping people in the middle of the map. Anyone who wants anything different wants a fun and engaging experience between peers... go to an arena, talk to people, enjoy combat while not kicking sand in the face of the person obviously decades weaker than yourself.

In my opinnion, pvp needs to be split. They need to rework the guard system, create a more ambitious nation versus nation experience with the riktus included of course, while tying the current pvp settings we have in terms of prizes and flags to the arenas and nowhere else.

This would mean that getting glory orbs and merit would only be possible in the arena. While pvp outside of that area would have no rewards except cp if it is applicable to outlaws versus guards or normal citizens.

Basically, these changes would do one thing and one thing only. Separate the pvpers from the duchebag and roleplayers. This way ankama can more easily decide what is and is not harrasment in the pvp spectrum of things...kind of.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #953061  Replies : 16  Views : 1009
posté February 24, 2016, 15:13:28 | #14
bring it all back~ all the old arena rewards were some of the best designed gear in the game! It was a shame when they got discontinued... I would buy all of them if they were sold as just statless set pieces in the boutique.

There's an idea... statless gear pieces set up for purchase in the boutique all for the purchase of pushing mimisymbic sales.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #945512  Replies : 16  Views : 1168
posté January 10, 2016, 19:29:01 | #15
Why are people upset about enutrof's looting ability again?

I thought this topic died off a long time ago.

The loot generated from the pouch is essentially an EXTRA drop. It's not stealing anything from anyone (except the looted boss/ minion)

How a player utilizes their turn is their business.If someone spending 2/3 ap and 1 mp to bag and snag loose treasure (in a single turn) somehow puts the entire team in jeopardy, then I don't even know what's wrong with the team as a whole but I can assure you it isn't the enutrof looting a boss on their first or second turn.

Players being greedy is the fault of the player, not just the game. Yes a mechanic like this is bound to breed these types of controversies and it can be true that it adds a level of toxicity among peers. However, it is peoples responsibility to use tools responsibly. Just because a tool has the potential to kill doesn't mean that it needs to be used in that way.

I am sorry that people have met certain types of enutrof players but I am very happy that their mechanic exists since it has allowed a ton of players, myself included, to help their friends and many other people around them enjoy the game a bit more.

If drop rates were to increase then I can see the ability as redundant and wouldn't mind seeing it go, however, that is not the case at all and as the game advances, things will continue to get more and more difficult to obtain for the average player. Why not have this ability around while it is useful for everyone?

However, I can see why people don't like the ability and for that I can only say...

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #937361  Replies : 106  Views : 4210
posté December 31, 2015, 22:13:32 | #16

Quote (Rrae @ 31 December 2015 20:35) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 31 December 2015 16:01) *
Just don't go to Kelba board.

Mantine leaves his Masq there, parked behind the shopping cart right in front of the board... overnight.

Honestly, if you don't want to deal with it, avoid it all together. If you're in a rush, just let him pk you, quit, then take advantage of the 12 minutes of freedom of maneuver.

There are plenty of guilds with boards, I'm sure if you asked someone will give you access. If not and you REALLY feel the need to go to Kelba, then come with a group. Just know that you'll undoubtedly get ganged up on after that.

It may be inconvenient, but if you can't kill him, why bother at all?

~Kouett
He actually dual boxs his other mask blue superior, it really costs him nothing to leave mantine at the board overnight while anybody who shows up to stop him is just wasting their time. Any attempt to do it in a small group or alt accounts is met with blue+red+mantine showing up.(funny how all 3 come together?)
shhhh it's a secret, they are really brothers!! Triplets born from the same mother!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #935260  Replies : 18  Views : 1248
posté December 31, 2015, 22:11:00 | #17
good old Manny~ I miss him...I should log on more often '3'...

but yeah, on the subject of Nox, the market is pretty much back to the dark ages... oh well

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #935259  Replies : 27  Views : 1711
posté December 30, 2015, 14:41:35 | #18

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 29 December 2015 12:38) *

Quote (SupersunZeratul @ 29 December 2015 11:48) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 29 December 2015 08:34) *

Quote (HatedOne @ 29 December 2015 08:30) *
The PokeOsa system and having more than 1 summon on the field at once.
Conflicting statements XD

Anyway, you are free to wish for anything xd
You used to be able to summon multiple creatures.

Also I second the Pokeosa aspect. Fixed summons would really drain a lot of the "wildness" out of the class.
There is a reason why they used to be able to do that.
it's true, it was pretty unfair... anyone on nox remember the red scare? Those were happy times in my opinion~ nothing like getting pk'd by a full group of summon osamodas with maximum control~ back when boohemoth still had its fangs (rest in peace booboo)

That aside, I think fixed summons might not be too boring and bad if the development team would allow for at least two to be summoned together at once, since they'd be far more balanced than the monsters we face and each creature supposedly is planed to fill some kind of niche in the form of tank/ glass cannon/ healer/ support...

Either that, or let us whip a creature we're fighting in combat into submission. Effectively converting it over to our team for the rest of an encounter (wouldn't work if there was more than one/ doesn't work on bosses~/ pretty useless ability to have since most creatures resist attacks from their same elemental synergy~ but does eliminate one potential threat in a fight which is nice in a way)... but that's just crazy talk...

Even then for gob gob lovers, like myself, the little brat could find use in the form of creature charming~ the solo star could play a role in simply attracting enemy creatures towards it,. The osamodas' control could effect its success in making the monsters not attack the gobgob and simply spend their time around it. A few pull/ weakening and stabilizing spells for gobgob and you have a pacifying and enemy mob neutralizing star of the team (heh star puns~). Nothing says successful dungeon run like bugging out the already buggy monster Ai.

Reason for edit : booboo~ QAQ
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #935062  Replies : 11  Views : 798
posté October 31, 2015, 21:08:22 | #19
... be careful what you wish for....

Complaints like these are why every other pet makes no sounds at all.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #923364  Replies : 7  Views : 560
posté October 27, 2015, 23:21:20 | #20

Quote (holylance @ 27 October 2015 23:09) *
Stupidest thread I've seen yet on this forum.

you still have to admit that spell level candy is a diamond in the rough

I miss spell level scrolls

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #922409  Replies : 35  Views : 1858