Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
559 Posts (0.48 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 13, 2015, 02:36:50 | #1
... I still don't understand the point or premise of open world pvp with merit.

I get we can fight each other or pk (bring pking back) but there is no reason to give people merit for achieving victory.

Is there a PvP demi-God out there in the world of twelve who surveys every match and deals out merit to victorious incarnates?

This system was not flushed out enough to make any kind of sense.

If it's in an arena with npc overseers and referees then merit can be passed out.

Killing someone out in the middle of no-mans land where no one is around to see it shouldn't give you points in this imaginary system.

To make this make more sense, I say that Ankama should slap an animated Referee that pops up every time battles between players are started (like mister Referee from Medabots, that old fadime) so that way there's an actual witness who can pass out or deduct points.

But yeah... PvP exploiting is bad or whatever... even if it's just pking with prizes at the moment you should at least play on the level.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #849928  Replies : 47  Views : 1642
posté April 08, 2015, 02:53:47 | #2

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 08 April 2015 02:20) *
earthquake just needs to go away imho.
^
yes, yes, yes

I mean it's "neat" but... I'd prefer something "good" over this "fun" gimmicky thing. Does anyone even bother trying to actually use it in combat without trying to activate nettled for dolls? (I guess to create madolls...but seriously?)

1. Lethargics need their own design in my opinion. Inflatables are more than just a palate swap of block dolls so they're fine, but lethargics are just lame looking.
  2. Give Lethargics and Madolls poison with their shouts and screams if no damage is going to be applied at all with their moves. (Ap poison from Lethargic and Mp poison from Madoll)

• Id love for dolls to have more options... and spells past what they have now...maybe an activation of unlock-able skills when they are nettled... but it's whatever.

• Tree being cast-able on the battle field and yielding different effects when elemental spells belonging to the sadida hit it. (water: aoe heals, air: aoe poison, earth: aoe mp chip for enemies/ bramble armor shields for allies) That's a whole other bag of worms to think about, though and probably an idea that will never see the light of day.

• Damage done to voodoll by the one under its spell should hurt them again... why would it not? Dollysacrificing a voodoll should refund the sadidas wp too. It's still a doll.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #848059  Replies : 28  Views : 882
posté April 05, 2015, 05:38:53 | #3
sure wish I had enough kama to complain that there is too much of it floating around and need to flush it down some metaphorical house hold appliance... I need to actually play this game again... *logging in and chatting a bit and maybe do a few guild quests does not equal playing*

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #847165  Replies : 58  Views : 2343
posté April 04, 2015, 16:47:20 | #4

Quote (HealingHand @ 04 April 2015 12:09) *
I'm a big fan of the original posters idea. The only problem with it is it doesn't account for weapon/shield slots.

I'm also a huge fan of the idea that mimisybics can be reused if they're "un-linked" from an item. I would be willing to pay the current price for them if I could re-use them indefinitely.

Otherwise, if they leave them how they currently are, they need to severely drop the price for me to even consider buying them. I wouldn't pay more than 200 Ogrines, and even then, I'd probably still not use them.

The problem is: as a character levels up they keep changing their gear. The current system discourages players from buying mimisymbics because they'll always be unsure if they should purchase the mimisymbics now, or wait until they have their "Final Set of Gear" which they'll NEVER have because gear keeps changing as they level up and as new game content gets released. So the customer is NEVER in a good position to buy the current mimisymbics.

And the part of this that breaks my heart is I'm totally the player type who's willing to spend money to customize the look of my characters. But right now I feel there's no value in the current system. Mimisybics either need to be made re-usable, cost way WAY less (and even then, I'd honestly still not use them) or adopt a system similar to what the first poster suggested.

Being able to customized how your character looks is an incredible feature! It just isn't being implemented correctly with the current mimisymbics.

------------------------------
Edit: As a side note, many developers don't appreciate how difficult it is for players to obtain their "Final Set of Gear." or how often they change their equipment as they level. This is because for them, "leveling-up" and "getting gear" is as easy as entering a tool and pushing the "Max Level/Add Item" button. To the Devs, the current mimisymbic system probably looked like a fantastic feature!

But of course, we as players know our gear is constantly changing, so we see this system as having very little to no value.

Please keep your player's experience in mind when developing these kinds of features.

Pretty sure Ankama was more than aware of players gear situations and was actually counting on us needing to always change our gear out as we grow when they made Mimisymbics how they are.

They want us to keep on buying it. They want us to unlink our new looks everytime we get higher and level and need better gear. As the level-cap rises they knew we'd need to change gear constantly.

This is why Mimisymbics are presented to us as they are.

It may seem like a "opportunistic" thing to do but that is because it is. They want to make money from it. A one time buy item that we will always enjoy does not put money in their pockets in the long run.

This is why we rarely see new costumes in the lackluster boutique even though they are all talented graphic artists and are very creative. Despite what we want or even what they would like to do, because they are a business, they stifle their own options for the sake of making coin.

Which is fine.

They have a marketing team with "genius" ideas backing them, who surely know what they are doing since they pay them to do so... no I'm not being snide at all or sarcastic...probably. I'm not a fan of putting money before your pride, but pride can't feed your families or make your business prosper financially... sometimes the right business decisions may seem like they are based on your pride but in actuality they just work out that way while being the best option for you and your company.

They are hardly even doing that though, They do plenty of things despite how much money they could make due to them being proud of their work. I am proud to say that even though sometimes we may not like their decisions, they still do things in their own way and make decisions on their own for themselves. Thinking about how things would be fun for them will in turn reflect to us. Since we are all playing a game, the developers obviously have some idea of what is fun. But that's getting off topic...

The current mimisymbics price is debatable but I can agree that for an item this temporary... it could use a nudge down. Not 200 Ogrines ( too low) , but maybe 700-1200 (the price of an old costume) instead of that absurd 2400 (money hungry much?) per unit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #847020  Replies : 24  Views : 1659
posté April 03, 2015, 09:05:00 | #5

Quote (Mishna @ 03 April 2015 02:49) *
Dodge isn't underpowered in the slightest. If anything it is overpowered. Tanks with 500+ lock already have enough issues trying to lock monsters. The last thing we need is dodge being made even more powerful.

If anything dodge should be nerfed more. There should be a penalty for allowing yourself to get in CC range with a monster. And those classes that can't do anything in CC range usually have some form of escape to jump away, or push enemies away anyway, so they rarely need to dodge roll anyway.

you just made my osamodas cry

Can we talk about how stupid it is for certain lock heavy creatures to also have the ability to mp chip 2-3+ mp from you while locking you in place? I mean...why? It already takes 3-5 mp to dodge you...why eat my mp to the point that dodging isn't even an option? Wobots are bastards... dirty little bastards ....*sigh* low level problems

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #846650  Replies : 43  Views : 2076
posté April 02, 2015, 23:39:10 | #6

Quote (Diablolic @ 02 April 2015 23:15) *

Quote (thinkofwhatyouremissing @ 02 April 2015 19:55) *
Sure, let's just turn hyperinflation into mega inflation by dumping even more millions of kamas into an economy that's already dangerously inaccessible to new players.
Whats the point of continuing to add artifacts but no use for them?

This man gets it

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #846518  Replies : 58  Views : 2343
posté April 02, 2015, 15:47:48 | #7

Quote (androgyous @ 02 April 2015 11:40) *

Quote (NadiaBell @ 02 April 2015 11:21) *
Yippie skippy! I guess I will leave this thread to you cool cats then, eh?

After all, I am just a "gear hungry" player.
It is alright. Lots of people are gear hungry. For example I ate some Lucloaks with my cheerios this morning.
y-you... you, um... you should probably go see a doctor... like now.

.... NOW

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #846335  Replies : 83  Views : 2804
posté April 02, 2015, 15:35:22 | #8

Quote (AriBarz @ 02 April 2015 12:11) *
Heh. I remember the long times grinding as a level 90 osa, trying to reach the chillberg quests.And then, after I finally reached level 130, it turns out that osa was nerfed, and all that time on my main without being leeched once was wasted.And now I feel dumb because I shouldn't have even played wakfu considering that half a year later there would have been no need to grind those slow 10 levels.
BACK TO DOFUS! They actually know how to make shit fun, and while it's not that balanced either, they can at least balance things without causing the entire osa community to buy a class change. Ye little gold diggers.

I dunno what you're complaining about~

I don't care how hard you worked on your own, eventually you'll get over whatever you're upset about.

I feel pretty happy that people don't have to work as hard as we once did now with all the changes that have happened.

New characters are now easier to rear up and honestly things are better for it... probably.

Yes it sucks that osa was *UNJUSTLY* nerfed, but roll with the punches and grit your teeth as you pick yourself up again and bear with it a little longer... It's how you've lasted up until now if we share this slightly similar solo path.

I'll enjoy being a little gold digger for a little while longer, have fun in Dofus.

Thread : News  Preview message : #846328  Replies : 40  Views : 1493
posté March 31, 2015, 16:08:24 | #9

Quote (Wishie @ 31 March 2015 10:09) *
My Sufokian Anthem Submission:
Click Here to hear the first two verses sung by me. Don't kill me pls QQ

Sufokia is the land of the sand and sea

Paradise and promises that awaits for thee

Sun bleached white sand to the highest degree

Fish to your heart's content in this port city

Delightful splash emerged from the green algea

Palmito trees as far as the eye can see

From Sufokia's docks, our wind billows free

In the air soft now with a summer to be

Awesome~!!

Thread : News  Preview message : #845287  Replies : 48  Views : 1703
posté March 29, 2015, 20:44:38 | #10
* for best results sing in time with the Sufokia music * or just with the nation whistle emote...
() are chorus lines -chorus lines are sung in a lower note and fade in the background
~ are held noted
= are sung at the same time
// are sung out of tune to the music off to the side..in a Rastafarian accent

For a stupid experience copy and paste these set 1:

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
44;28;36:46;46;65:46;70;85:46;93;108:46;120;134:48;130;143:44;146;162:44;169;193:41;191;202:44;204;221:46;217;233:41;240;260:49;266;305:51;312;331:44;334;355:51;358;392:49;407;423:48;432;447:46;458;470:49;489;501:48;514;530:51;533;561:46;559;597

and this set 2:

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
49;73;114:53;127;142:51;151;165:49;169;200:46;205;231:53;241;259:51;266;278:49;284;322:46;330;382:51;383;406:49;407;422:48;421;469:44;467;492:51;502;521:49;525;536:48;538;573:44;577;625:49;637;662:48;661;671:46;675;709:41;707;736:49;734;760:48;758;765:46;770;803:41;809;849:51;850;877:49;873;885:48;887;925:44;924;948:51;956;981:49;981;992:48;994;1059:44;1055;1121

in this flash game on newgrounds
------------------------------------

set1: the tune inset 1 plays

In the world of Twelve there's a land
Glistening with Ivory Sand
The Paradise Sufokia

Traveling the sea salt of Terrana dune
Rio, Puffunando, Zword, and Izhungry too
The Snappers of Sufokia

set2: the tune in set 2 plays

The loveliest (sufokia~)
Place to exist (sufokia~)
Albatrocious (sufokia~)
Are hideous (sufokia~)

set1:the tune in set 1 plays

Across Fiery Walk and Unna bridge
Turfo Crablocks are of orange tinge
The Crabs here in Sufokia

Enter through the ancient gate
Jumping jungles` secrets wait
full of Koko in Sufokia

set2: the tune in set 2 plays

(sufokia~) This canopy
(sufokia~) full of palm trees
(sufokia~) what mysteries
(sufokia~) it holds for thee

Architecture, the best in the land
Steamulating shore boasts its brand
The alabaster cove of Sufokia

Sun so bright it could blind a man
Beware sharkies they'll eat your hand
Land Sharks exist in Sufokia

set2:the tune in set 2 plays

The Mollusky~ (sufokia~)
Shells are pesky~ (sufokia~)
Darth spits at you (sufokia~)
you'll die quickly~ (sufokia~)

(sufokia~) Kraloves love you
(sufokia~) their tentacles hold true
(sufokia~) it's in bad taste
(sufokia~) Kralien sucks your face

=(In the World of Twelve there's a land)= /there's a land that we know~/
=(Glistening with Ivory Sand)= /it's the place we call home~/
=(The paradise Sufokia)= /Our paradise Sufokia~/

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - March 29, 2015, 20:46:56.
Reason for edit : whoops... accidently deleted the extra code tabs...hope this doesn't disqualify me
Thread : News  Preview message : #844610  Replies : 48  Views : 1703
posté March 29, 2015, 18:01:40 | #11
I do love me some Whirligig family monsters~ Kinda my Osa's mascots

Npc's...
I do love me some big ol' fluffy gobsage~ But! Crocoburio is also close to my heart...he's just so charming

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #844580  Replies : 38  Views : 1634
posté March 26, 2015, 23:48:40 | #12

Quote (Nox16 @ 26 March 2015 23:37) *
why is iops being strong a bad thing?
it isn't. They don't need a nerf...battle fields need a buff...more obstacles and larger zones please and thank you.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #843759  Replies : 61  Views : 2304
posté March 11, 2015, 21:19:25 | #13
pking with prizes is not pvp, it's just pking...with prizes...

we currently have a pking with prizes system, not a pvp one.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837671  Replies : 52  Views : 2062
posté March 11, 2015, 03:46:18 | #14

Quote (Ichiechiechie @ 10 March 2015 16:25) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 10 March 2015 14:15) *

Quote (Eniilicious @ 10 March 2015 10:47) *

Quote (Whiterummy @ 10 March 2015 09:16) *
This title took me 15 minutes. I was obviously very lucky but it helps if you take a panda (my main) and spam Karchamrak on a tile.

I've karchamrak'd some 2-3'000 spawns, I do have sad luck with just about everything in this game though lol.

Encouraging to hear it still works though (if this was done recently), I was starting to think the rate was actually lower as well (orrr maybe bugged considering it keeps spawning blanks~).
The spawns are always the babies though, right?... the babies don't activate the tile effects
this confused me, can you explain further. I might be doing something wrong here. o3o
well what I mean is that when a piwi or googoo steps on a tile it has a chance to spawn a baby cloudy piwi, nothing, or the rare as hell golden googoo.

I could be wrong here when I thought Eniilicious was throwing the spawned babies on the tiles when he said "I've karchamrak'd some 2-3'000 spawns"

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - March 11, 2015, 03:47:16.
Reason for edit : whooop~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837449  Replies : 16  Views : 1332
posté March 10, 2015, 14:15:42 | #15

Quote (Eniilicious @ 10 March 2015 10:47) *

Quote (Whiterummy @ 10 March 2015 09:16) *
This title took me 15 minutes. I was obviously very lucky but it helps if you take a panda (my main) and spam Karchamrak on a tile.

I've karchamrak'd some 2-3'000 spawns, I do have sad luck with just about everything in this game though lol.

Encouraging to hear it still works though (if this was done recently), I was starting to think the rate was actually lower as well (orrr maybe bugged considering it keeps spawning blanks~).
The spawns are always the babies though, right?... the babies don't activate the tile effects  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837256  Replies : 16  Views : 1332
posté March 10, 2015, 14:10:00 | #16
... So, the idea of this is to make characters irrelevant towards player identification, even though they currently already are, and make the players account the main face of representation?

I don't like it. Some one mentioned this being positive for role-playing and I'd like to ask that individual...how is it positive for that?

Unity sounds nice and all but why is there a need for this? A forced sense of nationalism is kind of silly don't you think? I may be a neutral Nancy but it has never mattered before so to try and make it matter so late into the games lifespan just seems... forced? If it was like this to begin with I wouldn't care as much but I already have my characters in each nation on my account and enjoy having that kind of flexibility.

With the ability to change your nation don't you all think that the whole nationalism concept is pointless? Having characters who are currently in different guilds makes plenty of sense since the players in the game aren't even currently represented by their characters but rather the characters stand for themselves. Would people be forced out of guilds they started or joined when this feature is presented?

I suppose people would have to open new accounts.... kind of wish I could reallocate my characters to different accounts if that were to happen, but we know how that would go.

• I should look at the translation again and see if this is an optional feature. If it's optional I wouldn't mind at all... which kind of makes all my typing above a little anxiety filled and unnecessary...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #837254  Replies : 55  Views : 2201
posté March 09, 2015, 03:12:27 | #17
never disappointed because in order to be disappointed you have to have expectations first.

Not a shot at ankama, because I live by a rule of mine to never expect anything out of anyone ever. This keeps me sane and happy with the performance of others for the most part. Even I can see the folly behind this "code" of mine but it's the give and take of living by a substandard practice.

Anyway~ Ankama's wakfu team is doing a pretty good job all things considered.

The developers can only create an environment/atmosphere where "fun" is possible... whether or not everybody will enjoy their game is subjective since everyone has different tastes. However since we are all here it means this serves a "niche`" that we all find enjoyable.

It's up to the players to pick up those building blocks set by the developers and create their own ideal variation of "fun" for themselves. I myself back in beta found the game a little bit boring but only found real enjoyment in it when my family members could no longer play it due to the game being too much for their computers. When that happened I had to venture out and find new people to play with.

It was that process of creating bonds in the game that made this game so much more enjoyable for me and it's what keeps me here. I am more than sure that's true for a good portion of the player base as well. It's those kinds of experiences that stick out the most for me.

There's no wrong or right here, it's all preference. Can they do better? Who couldn't do better in any line of work honestly? Improvement comes with experience and the wakfu team has changed allot. Wakfu has changed allot, it's a new game with new ideas and goals from it's predecessors. Are we all seriously thinking that the developers don't want their game to succeed? No one wants it more than them. No matter how much you love the game, I doubt anyone could ever love it as much as the people who give blood sweat and tears to push out content to the best of their ability. Yes they can improve, and they should strive to.

I guess what I am saying is that I know we all love the game, and we support it without question we do, but let's not expect them to do all the work to make this game fun. We have to do our share too... I love this community since it's more than obvious that people are trying.

Also, Ankama's support is utter trash, I'm sorry but you guys are terrible at handling it and it shows no signs of improvement, shame on you no really no sarcasm here to be found, shame on your support team. What is it like three people and a clubbed baby seal? Seriously, I've never seen worse support, I'm going to break code and totally expect your support team to be terrible at their jobs forever...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #836781  Replies : 46  Views : 1704
posté March 09, 2015, 02:33:54 | #18

Quote (bluephantom @ 09 March 2015 02:24) *
i don't think you appreciate yourself or other women with this half baked shit
careful, the direction of your comment can be misinterpreted in the forum even though you probably posted in the news page.

------

Past that...yeah~ it's a dinky special for an otherwise simple and quick stock/let's find a reason to celebrate something/we take anything "holiday" (can I call it a holiday?) well whatever.

Nothing worth releasing some new costume or crazy deal/exp extravaganza over.... but it's "nice" (for them maybe, but it's something) of them to try and make some money off of the occasion I suppose.

Not too excited about it, but it's not shabby, just drab.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - March 09, 2015, 02:36:20.
Reason for edit : split~
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #836776  Replies : 48  Views : 1947
posté March 04, 2015, 03:04:59 | #19

Quote (Heartyace @ 04 March 2015 02:54) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 04 March 2015 02:44) *

Quote (ennieeee @ 04 March 2015 02:33) *
"at least one should automatically be AP" that sounds like less freedom to me o.o

I mean I don't know, the fact that we have relics/epics (a) with exotic AP, (b) without exotic AP, (c) with 2 AP, (c) with 2 MP... that does give you quite a number of build choices. You're right in that players naturally gravitate towards wanting more AP, but that doesn't change the fact that there are viable builds that aren't 12 AP/6 MP, and gear to support this variety, so players are at liberty to experiment with alternative builds.

Not that it wouldn't be nice to automatically get AP and MP without spending any points, but I'm not really sure how that changes anything xD Either we'll all just end up investing the points in the same things (final damage/range), or 13 AP will become a thing... so essentially the same as now, except everyone starts with more base AP.

Quote (Green-Stripe @ 04 March 2015 02:27) *
What if I have my own personal build and I want to not stat AP and go MP, Range, and final damage instead? If you force people to stat AP it doesn't feel like freedom at all.

You guys aren't understanding it completely. He means giving a free AP on top of the major point.

Kinda like how dofus gives you a free ap at level 100
I think only the AP should be mandatory, that suggestion isn't bad. But MP isn't necessary. But things like WP, kit skill and Control are pretty weak right now.
kit skill wouldn't be so weak if they'd remove that worthless 10 kitskill cap and integrate kitskill back into gear in a fair and plausible way.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #835411  Replies : 27  Views : 1360
posté March 03, 2015, 07:18:31 | #20

Quote (Oanhanhon @ 03 March 2015 06:35) *

Quote (AnonymousXeroxGuy @ 02 March 2015 21:39) *
I like the Dofus 1.0 style

Forever A Bauss.
I miss the sleepy eyes, the wild hair and the bandages not covering the head totally, I really don't like the look of Xelors in Dofus nowadays.

That thing is a Xelor!?....

Anyway, Dofus hurts my eyes (spoiled by wakfu's beautiful visuals, yeah dofus has back grounds but those glorified backdrops they call maps are mostly static, so no, wakfu's world has more "life" to it) so I'd have to just pick wakfu graphically, however conceptually certain dofus design choices are better by far albeit a bit lack luster style. If it wasn't for the easy nature of templates, wakfu wold win hands down but they chose bland templates for everything other than Foggers. The price of sleek quick and efficient design in wakfu's case was the loss of "personality" in the characters. They are pretty lifeless in wakfu....we need more faces and hairstyles honestly...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #835156  Replies : 39  Views : 2260