Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
608 Posts (0.49 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 06:46:46 | #1
Spell Experience glitch not sure if some where deep in the bowels of this part of the forum this is mentioned but I'll state it anyway.

When reallocating your spell exp you can run across an error by clicking the erase button. It resets your spell levels to exactly where you had them when you initiated the reallocation but maxes out the spell exp again.

This would be nice except you can never really use all the exp and you will have to relog in order to exit the spell levels menu.

Thread : New Bugs  Preview message : #882067  Replies : 1  Views : 79
posté Yesterday - 02:44:14 | #2
Found it, thanks guys

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #882040  Replies : 4  Views : 182
posté July 03, 2015, 20:25:17 | #3
thank you good sir...ecaflip arena...wonder where that is

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #881920  Replies : 4  Views : 182
posté July 03, 2015, 19:23:22 | #4
Beta server questions So yeah I waltz into beta server after updating my client and the place changed quite a bit.

Noticed two of my toons were entirely deleted...but whatever

I log on to my osa to notice that all his spells levels are shifted and allocated wonky crazy bad and there isn't a machine anywhere to get a restat to reallocate spell exp to properly test the new spell deck stuff.

When did this change to the almanax temple occur? Is there a new area where you have to do this or should I just grind for materials to restat the old fasion way?

It's gross... feels buggy so far too... there must be something wrong with the server I guess.

Thread : Server Status  Preview message : #881896  Replies : 4  Views : 182
posté June 29, 2015, 14:37:08 | #5

Quote (lyricalglitchen @ 28 June 2015 12:55) *
If almost everyone was on only one server....yeah wed have the opposite problem, we need more than we have but not THAT many

Nox is pretty comfy, good luck Pharis.

If any server was low in population then I'm pretty sure combining one with another would be far more beneficial for both. Consequences are few and barely even an issue.... except Haven-Worlds... those will definitely be an issue... probably the only real reason to never merge servers.

Back in open beta with so many people from all over in one server, it was a laggy mess at times and other times you'd find it hard to log in...

Either way if things got too quiet, I'd rather have lag spikes than that cold and alone empty feeling.

If I wanted to play a game alone I'd go play solitaire

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - June 29, 2015, 14:39:20.
Reason for edit : addition~ and correction
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #880800  Replies : 16  Views : 870
posté June 26, 2015, 18:40:46 | #6
My brother introduced it to me when the open beta started up and I played it. It was pretty interesting at the time, plenty of people from all over the world since it was a single server. It was lively and really fun! Lag spikes were the devil, but I didn't mind too much.

I'd keep more or less to myself and a few friends I made in the game, i didn't want to join a guild yet since I didn't want any commitments.

Lo and behold one of my friends joins a guild and tricks me into joining it by inviting me the second that he asks me something, he knew I was a fast typer and would enter my trademark ' 3' face as a response... so I stuck with that guild and liked the people there.

Once Ankama announced early subscription for 100 dollars I went ahead and did it. Then the game sort of became this odd blood money commitment and I stuck with it while my buds all began to disappear at the launch due to the pay wall that was subscribing.

The Guilds Core members all stuck around and it was still fun. Not as many people but it was still an enjoyable experience to play and grow with others in a fresh and "new" game.

Though eventually people get temperamental and fighting happens and people leave out of anger/ hurt. Long story short I was left in a dead guild alone for about a year.

Till major game updates happen like haven worlds and the leader and his brother come back for maybe a week give or take a few days every once in a blue moon. I still am in that guild and am hard pressed to leave it since I have that odd stupidity thing going on.

Also the chances of old friends showing up in the future is a possibility...especially with things being free now, so I sit and wait in this guild eagerly anticipating when old friends pop in and they then can have some one familiar to talk to.

Right now though I stay because I do enjoy the game and even though the guild is dead, making friends and playing with others is always fun. I've made allot of friends over the games release and I really do enjoy every little bit of time I spend with them.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #879777  Replies : 21  Views : 661
posté June 22, 2015, 21:29:26 | #7

Quote (BattleReady @ 22 June 2015 20:32) *
I can't make two cents of the out of sync state. Am i suppose to match the AP that the bliboy is using? Or am i suppose to use up all my AP and MP before i end my turn? If this helps, I'm a 10AP 6MP sac.

your character gains a rhythm state when they first hit a blibiboy/girl.

You'll notice a number on the state. This number is randomly generated and is a limit that you have to reach with your spell costs.

Your first initial attack does not count towards the number shown on the state. So it is best to use a low costing move when trying to get the state.

When attacking remember your spells costs.

Ap= 1 point

Mp= 1 point

That's right, Ap and mp costs accumulate as points to help you reach the states number.

Say that you have 10 ap and 5 mp

You attack a blibiboy/girl with a 2 ap spell to activate the state

You now have 8 ap and are under the rhythm state (9)

In order to successfully pass the minigame like state you must spend points until you make the states number go away.

You must remember the most important part. You need to keep the state to pass its game. If you go over the limit you will still be punished, if you go under the limit you will be punished.

Our example of (9) isn't a goal it's a limit. You don't want to use spell costs equal to 9 points. You want to use spell costs equal to eight.

You will always want to have 1 point left at the turn.

If the state says 12, you'll have to spend spell costs equal to 11

If it says 5, you'll have to spend 4

etc...

That's really the only thing to worry about.

So back to the example of (9) once again.

You have 8 ap/ 5 mp, so you can use any combination of spells with ap/mp costs to reach this number.

You can use two 4 ap spells, a 3 ap/1mp spell and a 4 ap spell or just two 3 ap/1mp spells, a 6 ap spell and then a 2 ap spell, the list goes on depending on your class and build.

When you successfully win the rhythm states game you then gain the groove state and dance your cares away with an ap bonus...it's cute
-------------------------

I took waaaaay too long to type this.... nin-nin~

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - June 22, 2015, 21:30:09.
Reason for edit : All the ninja
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #878605  Replies : 16  Views : 561
posté June 16, 2015, 13:39:04 | #8

Quote (HerrManifestum @ 16 June 2015 02:23) *

Quote (ProphecysRager @ 15 June 2015 23:04) *
I don't know why anyone has done this but.............
Enjoy my Fogger has he tries to be the woman he was made to be

(I wish I had the crafty elf costume :'( )

His legs on the first pic.............................. Hahaahahahahaahah!!!

what part of "stickmen in armor" didn't you understand!?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #876213  Replies : 279  Views : 5464
posté June 16, 2015, 13:36:37 | #9

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 16 June 2015 12:50) *
3. stop bringing up eliatropes in a goblin thread
technically you were the first one to bring them up right in your original post... just saying... 2014 coming back to haunt you already~spooky

well either way I agree with you....still regret the eliotrope addition... for continuities sake if anything.. it literally adds nothing to the gam-mah the first rule .... we don't talk about them here.... sorry

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #876212  Replies : 66  Views : 2411
posté June 16, 2015, 02:19:28 | #10
... grambo class would be pretty awesome... we do need to play as a midget... no, I WANT to play as a midget.... Grambos...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #875955  Replies : 66  Views : 2411
posté June 14, 2015, 18:32:41 | #11
Here is Argus' library

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #875388  Replies : 120  Views : 8057
posté June 14, 2015, 14:12:23 | #12

Quote (Strogie @ 14 June 2015 12:51) *

Quote (HealingHand @ 14 June 2015 10:48) *

And alas, one of the big problems with running dungeons is you need to grind for keys. Could you imagine if you had to grind for keys in World of Warcraft to join dungeons runs? That would kill the amount of traffic that continuously runs them. This game may also benefit if they got rid of keys, at least for lower level content.

Always having to have a lvl 100 profession to make keys is a HUGE hassle for the most part in this game.

This game is really built for professions too and some people might not like that.

Like if you want any of the best gear you have to have a weapon profession / armor profession. If you don't have a profession and don't want to level it, then you need to TRUST someone with YOUR materials (that could go for millions of kamas on your part) just to make an item. It's pretty un-realistic and they should make something where you don't need to trade materials over to someone for them to make whole item.

It opens whole new doors for the crafter

ALSO: IF YOU HAVE MATERIALS TO GIVE TO SOMEONE TO MAKE KEYS THAT PROCESS CAN TAKE UP TO TEN-TWENTY MINUTES TO CRAFT FOR YOU so unnecessary

It is a social game so trust is always a factor, the saying trust no one is silly. It's easier to just trust everyone except the people who give you a reason not to trust them. Like the guy who kills your teammates in a dungeon run or the fellow who you invite into your guild and then they gain rights to the chest one day and wipe it clean where they can.

I'm one of those weirdos who'd promote us only being able to learn up to 3 crafting professions and 3 gathering jobs, to enforce the aspect that you either need to interact with others to make the most of the profession mechanics of the game or just make alts who do different professions and keep to yourself.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #875309  Replies : 22  Views : 829
posté June 14, 2015, 14:04:43 | #13
What server are you in OP?

Either way, this is what happens when you haphazardly raise the games level cap EVERY content update.

What's wrong with having more than one level 100 or 130 island? Nothing. Giving people multiple things to do at their level is far more beneficial than just raising the level for new content each time you update the game.

This games level cap should still be at level 150 honestly. They should have slowly raised it instead of literally making each island become some weird progression check point.

If 200 is the cap then what happens after that? They add a bunch of level 200 stuff every now and then, is what happens. How is that any different than adding things like that for any level cap?

Players sitting at level cap can become bored so long as there is no new content to enjoy right? So the developers will add content for those at the current cap.

I see no good reason for this speedy level cap increase. It was a huge irreversible mistake.

Though it has been three years... I may be just talking out of my butt

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #875305  Replies : 22  Views : 829
posté June 13, 2015, 15:15:05 | #14

Quote (Wessolf @ 13 June 2015 14:59) *
Along with that, I'm not exactly sure what's the point of the kennel. It's just me, but it doesn't feel very Osa-like for them to have a kind of kennel. They always reminded me of wild-people who actually lived alongside their monsters out in the open rather than farmhands who keep their animals in a kennel. But... that's just me, I guess a little fluff had to be given up for Osas to be a bit easier to work on...

Everyone has their own views on it. For myself the kennel concept makes sense since the gobgobs G.I. track is where summons live.

The more that I picture that blue puff of smoke appearing when a summon is released, being gobgob flatulence the happier I feel as a person.

Look at it this way...

There's a reason why Gobgob is shaped like a star...

if you don't the meaning... well...

it's an anus.

A blue anus....

enjoy the thought. You are very welcome

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #874898  Replies : 144  Views : 5634
posté June 13, 2015, 14:07:39 | #15

Quote (Sheni @ 13 June 2015 13:04) *
Enjoy your personal summons while it lasts!

It was fun early on when the world was young and content was less narrow in terms of level. Like nation content being uniformly the same made summon choices very interesting and gave osamodas every where a true choice in what creatures to command... but with how Ankama has been dealing with summons and released content based on level since the first few islands release it has always been a bit constricted in what summons an osamodas can choose to be viable as they level up, especially after the great summon neutering of late 2012 into early 2013.

Because they don't believe in having same level content for different areas being released and kept on raising the level cap and the monsters of those areas, it was always "trade up for the newest summon because it will always be better than the older ones". Except for a few utility summons who will be always used till better ones show up all osas pretty much use the exact same summons do to the nature of progression in the game being so narrow.

We needed wider areas to play in, in terms of level in general, but since they have been making summon choices smaller and smaller with each update, like 1-2 out of every monster available to you, except for chillberg, wabbit island and ohwhymi (arguably the best updates they ever gave the game, ever, as they are the most expansive areas and experiences) where you have the most choices for summons out of any of the content to follow after them...

Since it was removed quickly from our sight I won't judge it but based on what tommy reported, and he is a reliable source of osa info, it seems like they want to control osamodas whips and keep things as uniform as possible... I hate it.

Like Lukinerx said, the old osamodas concept and design caters to FUN. The most important design aspect ever. Osamodas is currently the only class in the game that has/ had a game within a game mechanic, that made them all the more interesting and entertaining to play. Poke-Osa is the best concept they ever had when they moved away from the dofus design, now it's all gone full circle.

I'll wait and see what happens but honestly I'll still play my osa, i'll still love the class, and for whatever reason they change the system, I am sure it is just to make their lives easier. I just hope they remember what makes the class fun to play, while reworking osamodas whip....

if we had dofus osamodas to begin with we wouldn't be upset, but since they gave us such a free and expansive mechanic with "poke-osa" it is only natural for us to see this as a massive downer.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #874887  Replies : 144  Views : 5634
posté June 12, 2015, 20:22:56 | #16

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 12 June 2015 20:01) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 12 June 2015 20:00) *
... i'm all for healthy debate and conversation... but... what the hell happened?

Gunner you knew what this would turn into the second you stated anything.

It's what happened in the last thread about this topic and is what will probably continue in each.

It's fine to voice your opinion and stuff but you always go grandiose with these kinds of topics and it always reads off as "negative" to almost anyone reading it.

I like that you don't censor or stifle yourself despite handling a landslide topic like civilization sex roles, especially being on what is considered to be the more unpopular view sociably... and it is entertaining after a few replies but you know in your heart that it's live bait for debate... which isn't a bad thing honestly... certainly livens up things every now and then.

I feel like you started off wanting to tell gunner to cool his jets but ended up praising him instead.
I'm wishy-washy like that some times, but it can still be read as such.

It's more or less a neutral ground of stating that I see where he's coming from and know why he's stating it but also acknowledges that everyone has different views on the subject and it's a bit silly to not expect some kind of debate to go on in the middle of a topic like this.

It's what he wants, healthy discussion, because there isn't enough of that going on around here. The more seemingly brash the side he takes the livelier the topic gets, if some one gets angry then good, anger in itself isn't wrong, how it's handled is another story. The more passionate someone is about the subject will cause them to reply and that extends the conversation.

So long as people are keeping their cool the thread will not be closed unless the original poster wants the subject to cease, however it's been rather healthy these few pages after the slew of silly jeering posts before it.

Clashing of opinions, nothing wrong with that... I forgot why I replied... Yeah... I can see why it might not seem like a healthy discussion what with his post being so close to flame-bait as a post can get but it grabs attention and makes people feel like they would want to reply. The cycle continues till both sides have stated everything they wanted to say. There's no right or wrong here, no winners or losers, just conversation... I guess ... or something

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #874538  Replies : 279  Views : 5464
posté June 12, 2015, 20:04:30 | #17

Quote (Taloz @ 12 June 2015 18:10) *
Compiled a bit of what everyone is suggesting, i think it'll work something like this:
(can drag into browser to see it's full size)

Think this thread is hardly the place to suggest new systems

Anyways, I'm here to see more costumes. Not express my dissatisfaction for mimisymbics.

@Christian-CA: you don't happen to have an extra "Holshy Bangs" to sell in phaeris do you?
h I'm at the Nox server so I cannot I am afraid. I'd gift it to you across servers if the option was there.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #874522  Replies : 27  Views : 1127
posté June 12, 2015, 20:00:46 | #18
... i'm all for healthy debate and conversation... but... what the hell happened?

Gunner you knew what this would turn into the second you stated anything.

It's what happened in the last thread about this topic and is what will probably continue in each.

It's fine to voice your opinion and stuff but you always go grandiose with these kinds of topics and it always reads off as "negative" to almost anyone reading it.

I like that you don't censor or stifle yourself despite handling a landslide topic like civilization sex roles, especially being on what is considered to be the more unpopular view sociably... and it is entertaining after a few replies but you know in your heart that it's live bait for debate... which isn't a bad thing honestly... certainly livens up things every now and then.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #874518  Replies : 279  Views : 5464
posté June 12, 2015, 14:43:37 | #19
totally agree, they really aren't worth the purchase at all. Those pics of my osa were just him playing dress up with different pieces of gear. I'm not about to waste my time buying something as restrictive as mimisymbics, but I wanted to post the costumes I'd wear if I did~  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #874373  Replies : 27  Views : 1127
posté June 12, 2015, 06:17:49 | #20
Here's my Frey and his little outfits

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #874232  Replies : 27  Views : 1127