Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
487 Posts (0.5 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 17, 2014, 20:10:10 | #1
Osamodas summons aren't even trained or tamed..

They are captured.

Slaves.

Their names are all Tobi and Osamodas are harsh task masters.

Where there's a whip, there's a way and the summons being owned by us doesn't mean that they should be under our control at all times.

It would be nice but honestly, possession should just be removed and replaced with something else and we should have a passive ability to let us take control of our summons.

Like I said in a previous post, whipping creatures in general should give us the chance to control the creatures we strike. Success and turns controlled should be decided by control and the level difference of the osamodas and the creature getting a lashing.

Summons and enemy creatures alike should be whipped into submission and do as they are told.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 17, 2014, 20:11:25.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788227  Replies : 87  Views : 1966
posté October 17, 2014, 04:03:18 | #2

Quote (TheMMOR @ 17 October 2014 03:03) *

Quote (samrux2 @ 16 October 2014 20:26) *
I think part of the role of an Osamodas comes from their summons doing whatever they want, behaving the way they would when in the wild state, while in the command of the master. If we get to control every single movement and attack of all summons we have, always, then the Osamodas is not a CREATURE TAMER anymore, but a hive mind.
You are putting WAY too much thought into it.

NOTHING makes any sense in this game anyways xelor used to be a full on ap theft time manipulator in dofus, yet for some reason hes a Full on damage dealer in this game, literally top tier.

Foggernuts in dofus are a completely different class than in wakfu.

Its up to the devs to make the class however they choose. You seriously trying to say that osas being able to control their summons wouldn't fit into the lore just because of a few play on words? Lmao wake up my freind. Do you know how much crap there is in this game that doesnt follow the original lore ?

edit:: By the way, when a animal is deemed as "tamed" That means it is kept under control. If an animal is able to do what ever it wants, it is not considered tamed.

To be fair, the creatures the osamodas commands aren't really tamed at all anyway...just captured and held in a pocket dimension ... and then forced to fight on your behalf.

I would love it if we could actually tame creatures (with our whip like spells having a certain chance to control the target you strike if it doesn't kill them of course and add it to osamodas blessing effects or something) and command them in combat for a brief amount of time...maybe even just one turn to control a wild creature in a fight or forcibly switching an enemy creature to your team. Or how about The amount of turns and how effective the effects would be would be determined by the players level and their control. Wouldn't work on bosses, obviously...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788101  Replies : 87  Views : 1966
posté October 16, 2014, 22:50:43 | #3

Quote (samrux2 @ 16 October 2014 20:26) *
I think part of the role of an Osamodas comes from their summons doing whatever they want, behaving the way they would when in the wild state, while in the command of the master. If we get to control every single movement and attack of all summons we have, always, then the Osamodas is not a CREATURE TAMER anymore, but a hive mind.

I actually also like the summons to have their ai and not be under control at all times. However, I disagree with you on the summons acting as they would in the wild part.... Schanker for example is not a creature that goes out of its way to charge at targets 8 cells away form it when there are three other targets 1 cell and 3 cells closer to it. In a fight against one it will go straight for the closest target. Yet summon ai is 10x worse than the normal creature ai.

Why is the ai for our summons and the wild variations of them so different? The only thing that changed for the creatures is their targeting. They should still keep the same attack patterns and act like they normally would. Why did they need to fully alter everything there is about a creature once it became a summon... unless... there are really 2-3 versions of the same creatures all with different variables and ai... bad and terrible ai.

There is no excuse for AI controlled allies in a STRATEGY game

Well except for the luck ( something nice happens for once, like a crit) factor and chance (you risk failure/success) factors. It adds a bit of excitement and flavor right?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788051  Replies : 87  Views : 1966
posté October 16, 2014, 05:53:40 | #4
Oh no... not sadida kingdom... Any thing but sadida kingdom!

what ever shall we do if sadida kingdom is treeless? I guess we'll all die now...

oh no...

Honestly, I really would love to help, but I'm lazy and don't wanna.

It's great to see someone fervent enough to want to actually aid an area where there is literally nothing in it for them.

We need more people like you around in the game since everyone is usually all about "getting theirs first and screw everyone else"

It happens too often in sadida kingdom though so you'll soon find out why no one bothers to replant there.

That's a mid level area where players who are into their professions tend to level lumberjack because it's an area low enough for them to plant in peace without worrying about low levels or high levels bothering them and it happens to have the most tree plots in the game I think. So they can plant and then clear cut after with reckless abandon.

It's a victim-less crime since there is no benefit to keeping sadida kingdom looking nice.

Which Should change in a patch in the future honestly! Sadida kingdom "needs" ( it would be nice honestly) to become a nation in its own right and be under the rule of Sheran Sharm and something akin to Riktus Clan with Badoboss honestly. I'd love to ally my sadida to his motherland...

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 16, 2014, 05:55:51.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787836  Replies : 7  Views : 400
posté October 16, 2014, 05:40:57 | #5
...um... how about no?

The problem with the pvp ladder is that everyone has it in their heads that all the fights have to be 1v1 or some nonsense.

They should NEVER balance classes or mechanics over 1v1 pvp affairs... unless it's really broken and could apply everywhere... like certain shields matched with large hp pools and defenses.

You give me an instance in pve where a summon osa is the superior option to other dpt classes and I'll shut up... okay early on I have to admit to the power of the wild warchief but we didn't even have that in the past.

You know what happened the last time they balanced summons based on "unfair" assumptions and scenarios?

All early summons lost most of their quirks and gimmicks, Crowbaks could no longer do the one thing they were useful for and Boohemoth got their balls chopped off.

Now I'll admit that the more recent-ish summon balances were fair like with the whisper island creatures...but no one uses those anymore because they don't have the mechanic that made them actually interesting that they have in the wild... I mean really, what's the point of having one other than the powercreep as you are forced to have one around that level with no other options available to you...at least back then.

Yeah Shushu are the least of your problems if you wanted to talk about unfair...

I am all for a rework of Osamodas summons though. We need allot more "tactical" options then the minority they slap out with the generic brute factory. At the end of the day most of them end up being pure damage with a gimmicky passive that just boosts their damage even more or if you're lucky heals you. I mean those are great to have but why not other options. We get a few gems every now and then but who cares if it doesn't hit hard and it's ability has little to no presence, why use it at all?

There are so many creatures in wakfu and we are only allowed to command so many of them. Even when we get a hold of them they end up being poopy versions of their former selves.

I guess if I was enslaved and forced to fight against my will while living in a demonic starfish gremlins pocket dimension of a GI tract, I'd put up a crappy fight too....fight the power or whatever.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 16, 2014, 06:00:09.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #787831  Replies : 87  Views : 1966
posté October 12, 2014, 19:31:40 | #6
Riktus Players are allowed to participate in pvp regardless of their guilds Alignment.

This is there for players who want to participate in pvp but who belong to guilds who aren't interested in pvp

This allows players to have fun without being forced to either change nations to match the guild they are in or leave their guild.

I don't see any problems with it.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 12, 2014, 19:32:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786836  Replies : 2  Views : 155
posté October 12, 2014, 19:06:36 | #7
.... Who dives so deep into the forum that they find posts this old!?

What are you even doing?

Nope, no, sorry, sorry for acting like that. Continue doing what you like.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786832  Replies : 13  Views : 2426
posté October 12, 2014, 05:54:53 | #8
they really should bring back those things... and create more scenarios like it... there was nothing inherently wrong with it...just make it a one time instance to allow you to unlock the dungeon for your character... it was interesting

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786702  Replies : 2  Views : 344
posté October 12, 2014, 01:21:20 | #9
We still have it on the home page. Click "friend referral" in the community tab and it'll bring you to the tofukaze that you know and love...probably.

Also, for the censorship of it...First- do you mean you can't name something it? Second- or that when you type it, it censors you?

First instance- lots of ankama/wakfu named things aren't allowed to be used as names. For instance I can't name my pet bowmeow "Mini Ecaflip" because it has ecaflip in the name.

Second instance- because Ankama (wakfu devision) is weird and certain things are censored while others aren't... because Ankama

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 12, 2014, 01:21:34.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786653  Replies : 1  Views : 199
posté October 10, 2014, 20:54:17 | #10
If that's the case then you can simply (it's not simple, it takes a long time to get a response and results after processes are done) forward a ticket to transfer the origines to your other account.

I know you can transfer subscription/booster time to other accounts as a friend had accidentally subscribed the wrong account and they transferred the subscription/booster to the right one for them... might work here for your remaining balance of origines....maybe

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786392  Replies : 8  Views : 386
posté October 10, 2014, 01:36:52 | #11
your god is bad and you should feel bad.

he seriously hated you right then and there...

you have my condolences

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786160  Replies : 9  Views : 344
posté October 10, 2014, 01:27:31 | #12
I noticed something when making a new character and skipping the tutorial... it tried to load some animation of some kind. I received a white screen with a faded cursor that said "Loading..."

Looks like they added some unnecessary cinematic or something. But pressing escape allows you to skip it.

Dunno if it's connected to your issue though... it might be trying to load that cinematic.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786159  Replies : 7  Views : 234
posté October 10, 2014, 01:23:40 | #13

Quote (Hudski @ 10 October 2014 00:27) *
The dofus items don't actually level up. They have rune slots and you drop runes with specific stats while you have it equipped and are able to slot it into the weapon to add stats. The weapons are ultimately midlevel and not very good, especially because Dofus used to have an awful 'class benefits from using specific weapon type' mechanic that left many classes in the dust due to their weapon type being the lowest level possible and thus unable to hold as many stats.

That mechanic seems pretty awful...but it makes sense (in that a class using a weapon that matches with it makes sense).

Seems like the only problem that there was is the weapon types not being consistent due to dumb weapon design and decisions rather than the mechanic itself.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786158  Replies : 3  Views : 224
posté October 10, 2014, 01:18:42 | #14

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 10 October 2014 01:13) *
From my experience, drhellers and ice chafers DO stun a lot. Way too often and it feels like a 100% chance. But hey, let's better leave this unbalanced subject and continue with fucking the classes up.
Lately, I was dumb enough to bring my iop to help with powerleveling some dude at Frizz, I almost forgot how to fight these nasty mobs so the poor iop has ended up skipping almost every turn because that meelee chafer kept crit stunning him.
Where on earth is it fair.

Don't forget the ones with shields, they auto stun you if they can knock you against a wall or another enemy and give you collision damage.... pretty sure they 100% stun you whenever they can give you collision damage, unless I've just been having bad, bad luck (good good luck for them depending on your perspective). Before the lock and dodge change in this update, if you couldn't escape lock and they had you pinned to a wall or you were surrounded, it was good game.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #786155  Replies : 54  Views : 1301
posté October 08, 2014, 21:06:40 | #15

Quote (Agosta @ 08 October 2014 20:42) *

Quote (Hudski @ 08 October 2014 20:09) *
I swear possession needs to be a passive that triggers at the end of your turn to control all your summons (integrate with Animal Link? ty).

Possession would be better if it was 1WP and controlled all summons.

...No it wouldn't  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785867  Replies : 47  Views : 1194
posté October 08, 2014, 15:32:42 | #16
and how is iops stun even a stun?

Smacking the AP out of me isn't stunning anything

Shouldn't it also "Bind" the target? Or completely immobilize it by taking away all of it's mp? Maybe even a 50% chance to Stabilize the target all together to keep them from trying to escape with a teleporting skill.

So it should be a -Ap and MP effect with a possibility to stabilize the target.

and no one should ever be able to be stunned in a row....ever. Needs to have a cool down of being able to stun a target again... being able to do it every other turn sounds fair to me.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 08, 2014, 15:34:52.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785771  Replies : 54  Views : 1301
posté October 08, 2014, 08:12:16 | #17
I don't know if I am wrong or anything... but...

Has anyone else noticed summons that had certain abilities or moves now no longer have them...like at all...?

Could have sworn my Schanker had a counter passive...but now does not...

If they remove stuff like this why not add it to the patch notes?

I'm tired of the summon nerfs all together... for things as dumb as bricks they should have use of all their moves and abilities when found in the wild. I know I could possess one but honestly, summon ai and direct sterilization of options and abilities is the only reason why I'm a gobgob osa who keeps summons around to play with them rather than use them for anything other than having fun... then again, that's the only reason why I like the osamodas whip class.... it's fun.

The good old days when you or an ally could hide in a crowbak tornado glyph... good times, didn't mean crap in non melee encounters and was only good in pvp against any sram who didn't pack a ranged weapon but still fun.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785687  Replies : 47  Views : 1194
posté October 08, 2014, 06:16:12 | #18
SaphiLC2, dude....

you have been here long enough to know and understand that the people who make content and work on bugs aren't the same folks who update the site or put stuff into the boutique...

Also, this scroll was already made in the update and had just now been added to the boutique...they already planned on adding this a while ago.

Thread : News  Preview message : #785664  Replies : 13  Views : 506
posté October 08, 2014, 04:30:38 | #19

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 08 October 2014 04:05) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 08 October 2014 02:46) *
"A Rainbow of Questions"
lmbo! Btw Captain Rainbow spelled his name wrong. (Don't know if this was intentional or not)

-Rizarealm
He spelled it the way he wanted

It's done how it sounds when a french person says it like in those old Hanah Barbanah cartoons . Kah-pee-tah-N!

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 08, 2014, 04:32:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785630  Replies : 11  Views : 620
posté October 08, 2014, 03:19:13 | #20
How about completely melee styled summons trying to go after something too far away for them to attack despite being summoned in front of a completely viable target... Curse you Schanker...stupid summon... stupid stupid stupid...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #785614  Replies : 47  Views : 1194