Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
376 Posts (0.42 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté July 24, 2014, 16:43:44 | #1
why not just let us be able to craft crafting seals?

... too much?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756845  Replies : 19  Views : 587
posté July 23, 2014, 19:25:55 | #2
there are payment issues for a lot of folks, just not everyone. There are just a bunch of unfortunate duckies.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756551  Replies : 20  Views : 485
posté July 23, 2014, 18:15:46 | #3

Quote (Varonth @ 23 July 2014 18:04) *

So please elaborate what exactly you want. Because so far I can see that you want a 1 month subscription and an ogrine pack which contains exactly as many ogrines as you need to buy 1 month of subscription. Both exist.

Pretty sure the 3k ogrine option is unavailable and doesn't let you purchase it at all sir.

Pretty sure that this is the main Topic of the entire thread...sir. A lack of the option to purchase the 3k ogrine option...sir

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #756528  Replies : 20  Views : 485
posté July 16, 2014, 17:22:23 | #4
judging from the time of his post I'd say his hours are a bit silly... like 3 am in the morning for me, I wonder what time zone he has to be playing at this hour. Most folks on Nox are asleep.

Anyway, take the time out to read a bit of the new info in the devblogs. If you really want to catch up info wise, then you could at least skim through a few of the developers info presented to the players.

There is allot planned out for the future as well so it's safe to say that some of those dev blogs will be outdated in the near future.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - July 16, 2014, 17:24:48.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754482  Replies : 11  Views : 358
posté July 16, 2014, 17:16:22 | #5

Cloudi~

^

Oh, you are officially "That guy" now.

Don't be such a rude crude dude calling him out on his stuff like that.

I mean yeah, you know him from Remington and stuff so I GUESS you are more familiar with him in some way;

but coming over here in all your sour swagger just to rain on his parade instead of scoffing under your breath to
yourself, like the other folks who don't approve, to try to make him look lame...

well you sir....

you should be ashamed of yourself.

good day sir.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - July 16, 2014, 17:18:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754478  Replies : 17  Views : 535
posté July 16, 2014, 08:21:40 | #6

Quote (DrKerlim @ 16 July 2014 08:13) *
So from Open Beta to -> Official release v2.0? Will there be a server wipe? Can I get back and get caught up with those who has been investing 2 years in this game?
no server wipe, ankama will just advertise the game as a truly free to play game.

You can get back into the swing of things just fine in my opinion, if you are willing and able to.

It's not easy but the road is harsh, but don't take my word for it, I don't invest much time at all these days but 2 years is a long time so as you can see even snails eventually cross the "finish line"... but this finish line keeps moving...

regardless, if catching up to those who're two years into the content you've missed is what you want to do, I'd gather to ask why.

Take your time if need be and get familiar with your old friend wakfu before worrying about the waning wistful wants of tomorrow.

--Argus Saffi Espen

What happened to the wakfu raido thing? Where we had 2 lovely girls talk about Wakfu? The dev blog will probably be 3000 pages of reading for me so I rather listen to 2 lovely voices.
wakfu radio? haven't heard that in a while... it's safe to say that those two hosts have other things to do now

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - July 16, 2014, 08:25:41.
Reason for edit : hrm
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754392  Replies : 11  Views : 358
posté July 16, 2014, 08:06:35 | #7
1) Just the phase before Aankama officially announces that the game is free to play.

2) as the answer above will tell you, there are no more subscriptions. Only penalties for not buying boosters.

3) depends on server but it should rise in a few months if things transition well

4) many revamps, I suggest you look at the devblog section and get caught up

5) most if not all your friends from the past are either coming back, still here, gone with the wind, or dead... enjoy your renewed stay in the world of twelve.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754385  Replies : 11  Views : 358
posté July 16, 2014, 08:00:11 | #8
they need to just let players take a citizenship penalty for inviting enemy players into groups.

I think that would be fine and fair... doesn't make sense in any game for an invisible voice called "rules" to tell you what you can and cannot do.

pokemon: "can't take out bike while indoors" bullcrap, it's a stupid bike I can do whatever I want with it.

Wakfu: "Can't invite an enemy player into party because...No real reason, just can't." Also Bullcrap and a terrible idea for whoever thought such a limitation was healthy. They are people. Your actions are yours and yours alone.

If you harbor criminals in your home willingly then you are now held accountable for your actions... if you go out of your way to help the enemy then that is your business and you are completely able to do so, but will probably be dealt with once found out. Citizenship points should mean something sooner than the pvp revamp.

Change it now (soon), there's no reason for there to have ever been such a limitation.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754384  Replies : 6  Views : 173
posté July 16, 2014, 07:50:02 | #9
best memory....1-5, 23 minutes into the match...that is all

other than that I kinda wish that neat set wasn't something that would only grace the winners of a ceremonial sport that is only player every 4 years... Four years.... christ, Ankama lost a real jump in at some money by not just selling those sets/costumes in the boutique during the world cup instead. who cares about almokens.... but congrats to the "winners" of this...whatever this was.

Thread : News  Preview message : #754381  Replies : 14  Views : 358
posté July 14, 2014, 00:36:56 | #10
welcome to Nox Jerry  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753753  Replies : 12  Views : 541
posté July 13, 2014, 03:20:09 | #11

Quote (Neneko88 @ 13 July 2014 03:11) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 13 July 2014 03:03) *

Quote (Neneko88 @ 13 July 2014 02:22) *

Quote (CoreSorrow @ 13 July 2014 02:19) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 13 July 2014 02:18) *
Sadly, on the server that i play, i see a lot of people running around, but no one uses the chat to talk or help me at all, rofl
That's wakfu..
Blame the devs though they don't give us any reason to help new people XD
there are plenty of benefits to helping new people, I can assure you that. Not only does it increase your circle of in game friends but watching a newer player grow and mature to stand on their own feet... nothing makes me happier honestly. In a way, this being an mmo genre game alone is the only reason to help new people, that you really need. I suppose it depends on the people involved that creates different outcomes and experiences but the friendship portion stands above the later half of the ideal. As cheesy as that may come off.
So basically power leveling?
I don't think that helps wakfu or you at all
If I meant powerlevleing I would have said powerleveling.
I am highly against it myself but I won't rain on other folks parades if they go off seeking that type of help from other people.

When I say helping a new player I mean something along the lines of guiding them, walking them through certain things and advising them to do optional things to enrich their experience here in the world of twelve. Something like giving them a gobball/ tofu set after they've all but given up on gathering one after a week or two upon their arrival or helping them understand their character a bit more if you are able to.

It is as you say, powerleveling doesn't really help do anything other than fill a void with immediate gratification but when they get to a point of needing gear for the levels they gained and have to walk on their own two legs it'll be difficult for them and they may even loose interest in the game when they find the grind to be far too much at a certain point. I don't wish to do that to anyone and never will. However, I can see where it seems like that's all people do to "help" folks in this age of instant "I wants" and " needs".

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753564  Replies : 24  Views : 561
posté July 13, 2014, 03:03:21 | #12

Quote (Neneko88 @ 13 July 2014 02:22) *

Quote (CoreSorrow @ 13 July 2014 02:19) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 13 July 2014 02:18) *
Sadly, on the server that i play, i see a lot of people running around, but no one uses the chat to talk or help me at all, rofl
That's wakfu..
Blame the devs though they don't give us any reason to help new people XD
there are plenty of benefits to helping new people, I can assure you that. Not only does it increase your circle of in game friends but watching a newer player grow and mature to stand on their own feet... nothing makes me happier honestly. In a way, this being an mmo genre game alone is the only reason to help new people, that you really need. I suppose it depends on the people involved that creates different outcomes and experiences but the friendship portion stands above the later half of the ideal. As cheesy as that may come off.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753558  Replies : 24  Views : 561
posté July 02, 2014, 17:48:33 | #13
... why is that boat to the trool fair even there still... well who cares... just wait a week when it hits free to play and grab it then.  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750990  Replies : 3  Views : 271
posté July 02, 2014, 05:10:17 | #14

Quote (Neneko88 @ 02 July 2014 04:05) *
Grou said drop revamp was in june/july
D7y says the drop update is for August
then all of a sudden they push it to September. They might as well push everything to December.

without the drop revamp all the new people will be using gob sets until level 50-60
Met a level 60+ player in Gobball set just yesterday... the end in neigh~  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750873  Replies : 38  Views : 956
posté July 02, 2014, 03:57:44 | #15

less drop rates wont really hurt too much, cause you would have the alternative of buying, selling or trading for what you want instead of having to farm 100% of it.
If the drop rates for some ppl are further reduced than they are now, they simply are not going to get anything.

That booming market will probably be fine, but just from your own post alone you can see where it won't be all that grand of a market if people are as unlucky as I, or anyone else who has a terrible terrible time dropping gear.

It'll be a fantastic day if and when that September update holds up to its plans and actually contains the craft and drop revamp. I welcome gear being crafted and cannot wait for that day...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750860  Replies : 38  Views : 956
posté July 02, 2014, 03:49:31 | #16
Well just remember, that this is a French game first and an international game second. The french server isn't going free to play and is staying the same.

They cater to the voice of their main demographic above anything else.

If for example, the french server deemed it unfair that other servers went free to play and had the same or better benefits as the normal subscription based French server, then they would be upset and demand for some kind of benefit to their server or negative changes to the other servers who are going free to play.

That was just a hypothetical, but it is indeed what happened in this situation... some people may disagree and say it was for other more meaningful reasons, but those people are frankly crazy.

I am more than sure that we would be far more happy with those booster packs if we didn't already have 30% less drops and exp coming our way with these changes that would only bring us back to the mediocre drop chances we already have. Not to mention that features we already have will be coin-pursed for boosters only like the x2 and x3 experience bonuses that our lower level characters have will be apart of that pack, unless I am wrong in which case I apologize for my ignorance.

Rather than giving a positive boost to the french server they just lowered the base exp and drop chances of the free servers and will have us purchase "boosters" to bring us up to par with the french server.

Though to be fair, Ankama's wakfu division will never increase our chances at dropping items anyway and it would have never been a good thing in the long run just because people would be happy too quickly... if gear is the only thing tying people to a game then people and Ankamas wafu division really should take a step back and reevaluate what makes wakfu a "fun" and "unique" experience.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - July 02, 2014, 03:50:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750857  Replies : 17  Views : 680
posté July 01, 2014, 07:26:53 | #17
From my experience, the key to never being disappointed is...

Having zero expectations of other people. That way, when they do something right I can enjoy it without being snide... and when they do something wrong I can get over it quickly since I really wasn't expecting anything out of the individual in the first place. So with that I can safely say without a doubt that Ankama of the Wakfu division has never let me down

You may call it an empty outlook reflecting the negativity of things but I call it burying my head in the sand like an ostrich.

These "rewards" are fine for being free, and like some folks said, they didn't have to give us anythign at all...except the converted subscription time into bonuses because monetary transactions have to be honored...except for when players purchase ogrines... but enough about that.... it's the players fault for not looking at the fine print. still ethically lame that this is a standard practice of all virtual currencies, but whatever.

Our negative feedback has already been shared and I'm sure that if we took the time to think out what we were unhappy about and made it known in a more tame manner, it would have probably had a better turn out than silence and a topic title change. It's way past the point of no return for trying to be civil in this topic anyway, since way too much salt has already been tossed into the mix from everyone's posts. Warranted salt is still allot of salt... excessive and bad for your blood pressure.

Thread : News  Preview message : #750668  Replies : 195  Views : 5469
posté June 30, 2014, 16:03:24 | #18

Quote (Matt5150 @ 30 June 2014 11:11) *
I am not so happy about PvP. Because you know, with PvP come a lot of changes and nerfs.
Obviusly mostly nerfs.

Let's start with the resists nerfs. This is only a change for PvP.

Wait, are they nerfing resists again?

Spells continuing to do their base damages wasn't enough?

People are running around with 900+ damage... why would they nerf resists again?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750475  Replies : 15  Views : 520
posté June 28, 2014, 22:53:07 | #19
I'd love for day and night to really be...well, like day and night!

More different creatures wandering the fields at night

Sleeping creatures for the sneaky cheap backstabbers, nothing says good morning like being attacked by someone who couldn't wait for you to wake up

I also miss wandering bosses... really wish they'd bring back them things... or those trools going bump in the night would be cool...from those old challenges. Really should consider rehashing those polter possessed creatures just to give us something to freak out about at night...

Orgests Chaos... something night related involving his little cultists crawling out of the woodwork doing silly/ dumb things, like chopping down trees and killing creatures in the midst of the night

More variations of harvest tool dropping tombstones and summoning scythes would also be cool. Having new things to look forward to to boost harvesting speed/ experience would be fun.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #750164  Replies : 11  Views : 365