Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
Statistics
717 Posts (0.49 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté January 10, 2016, 19:29:01 | #1
Why are people upset about enutrof's looting ability again?

I thought this topic died off a long time ago.

The loot generated from the pouch is essentially an EXTRA drop. It's not stealing anything from anyone (except the looted boss/ minion)

How a player utilizes their turn is their business.If someone spending 2/3 ap and 1 mp to bag and snag loose treasure (in a single turn) somehow puts the entire team in jeopardy, then I don't even know what's wrong with the team as a whole but I can assure you it isn't the enutrof looting a boss on their first or second turn.

Players being greedy is the fault of the player, not just the game. Yes a mechanic like this is bound to breed these types of controversies and it can be true that it adds a level of toxicity among peers. However, it is peoples responsibility to use tools responsibly. Just because a tool has the potential to kill doesn't mean that it needs to be used in that way.

I am sorry that people have met certain types of enutrof players but I am very happy that their mechanic exists since it has allowed a ton of players, myself included, to help their friends and many other people around them enjoy the game a bit more.

If drop rates were to increase then I can see the ability as redundant and wouldn't mind seeing it go, however, that is not the case at all and as the game advances, things will continue to get more and more difficult to obtain for the average player. Why not have this ability around while it is useful for everyone?

However, I can see why people don't like the ability and for that I can only say...

You have your opinion and I have mine.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - January 10, 2016, 19:37:10.
Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #937361  Replies : 105  Views : 2660
posté December 31, 2015, 22:13:32 | #2

Quote (Rrae @ 31 December 2015 20:35) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 31 December 2015 16:01) *
Just don't go to Kelba board.

Mantine leaves his Masq there, parked behind the shopping cart right in front of the board... overnight.

Honestly, if you don't want to deal with it, avoid it all together. If you're in a rush, just let him pk you, quit, then take advantage of the 12 minutes of freedom of maneuver.

There are plenty of guilds with boards, I'm sure if you asked someone will give you access. If not and you REALLY feel the need to go to Kelba, then come with a group. Just know that you'll undoubtedly get ganged up on after that.

It may be inconvenient, but if you can't kill him, why bother at all?

~Kouett
He actually dual boxs his other mask blue superior, it really costs him nothing to leave mantine at the board overnight while anybody who shows up to stop him is just wasting their time. Any attempt to do it in a small group or alt accounts is met with blue+red+mantine showing up.(funny how all 3 come together?)
shhhh it's a secret, they are really brothers!! Triplets born from the same mother!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #935260  Replies : 18  Views : 1102
posté December 31, 2015, 22:11:00 | #3
good old Manny~ I miss him...I should log on more often '3'...

but yeah, on the subject of Nox, the market is pretty much back to the dark ages... oh well

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #935259  Replies : 27  Views : 1451
posté December 30, 2015, 14:41:35 | #4

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 29 December 2015 12:38) *

Quote (SupersunZeratul @ 29 December 2015 11:48) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 29 December 2015 08:34) *

Quote (HatedOne @ 29 December 2015 08:30) *
The PokeOsa system and having more than 1 summon on the field at once.
Conflicting statements XD

Anyway, you are free to wish for anything xd
You used to be able to summon multiple creatures.

Also I second the Pokeosa aspect. Fixed summons would really drain a lot of the "wildness" out of the class.
There is a reason why they used to be able to do that.
it's true, it was pretty unfair... anyone on nox remember the red scare? Those were happy times in my opinion~ nothing like getting pk'd by a full group of summon osamodas with maximum control~ back when boohemoth still had its fangs (rest in peace booboo)

That aside, I think fixed summons might not be too boring and bad if the development team would allow for at least two to be summoned together at once, since they'd be far more balanced than the monsters we face and each creature supposedly is planed to fill some kind of niche in the form of tank/ glass cannon/ healer/ support...

Either that, or let us whip a creature we're fighting in combat into submission. Effectively converting it over to our team for the rest of an encounter (wouldn't work if there was more than one/ doesn't work on bosses~/ pretty useless ability to have since most creatures resist attacks from their same elemental synergy~ but does eliminate one potential threat in a fight which is nice in a way)... but that's just crazy talk...

Even then for gob gob lovers, like myself, the little brat could find use in the form of creature charming~ the solo star could play a role in simply attracting enemy creatures towards it,. The osamodas' control could effect its success in making the monsters not attack the gobgob and simply spend their time around it. A few pull/ weakening and stabilizing spells for gobgob and you have a pacifying and enemy mob neutralizing star of the team (heh star puns~). Nothing says successful dungeon run like bugging out the already buggy monster Ai.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - December 30, 2015, 14:59:26.
Reason for edit : booboo~ QAQ
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #935062  Replies : 11  Views : 664
posté October 31, 2015, 21:08:22 | #5
... be careful what you wish for....

Complaints like these are why every other pet makes no sounds at all.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #923364  Replies : 7  Views : 513
posté October 27, 2015, 23:21:20 | #6

Quote (holylance @ 27 October 2015 23:09) *
Stupidest thread I've seen yet on this forum.

you still have to admit that spell level candy is a diamond in the rough

I miss spell level scrolls

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 27, 2015, 23:21:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #922409  Replies : 35  Views : 1694
posté October 25, 2015, 15:10:31 | #7

Quote (o2jam @ 25 October 2015 11:02) *

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Moon Moon

I like the idea of not being invited to the party.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
I don't get it... do you mean Moon the monkey or Moon the actual Moon at the Lunar dungeon?

As for myself, I feel like I have this strong affinity with Tsar Tsutsu...

mostly because I like where I live despite being surrounded by Bloodsuckers and piles of living literal Shit

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #921787  Replies : 16  Views : 1300
posté October 22, 2015, 16:13:17 | #8

Quote (Lukinerx @ 22 October 2015 13:03) *
Mimi's hairstyle, tail and improved outfit for playable Osamodas character! pretty please

Ankama please?
exactly, it's high time they get into updating classes individual physical characteristics...it's one thing that I like about dofus is that characters at least have their own proportions and animations... every class with a tail deserves to have a tail dammit.

Real sweet reference to the old osamodas ocarina animation of yesteryear too.... bring that back

Also, way to slap every osamodas in the face with the blatant pokemon references even though you plan to completely abolish the mechanics of pokeosa in the game Soon™

negativity and nitpicking aside, I enjoyed this chapters events and I love you forever

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 22, 2015, 16:21:39.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #921003  Replies : 27  Views : 2286
posté October 22, 2015, 02:49:24 | #9
Or they could let us tame dragons... becoming dragons makes no sense no matter how the devs write the lore.

Now, if we turned into one-eyed squids, that would make far more sense if we are paying attention to lore at all.

The shaman idea is neat but this class should stay a beast master... symbiosa being changed into making us fuse with one of our 5 stock creatures in the midst of battle all resembling a different form of dragon each taking on the archetype of the summon, would be a bit more interesting and allows the silly dragon aspect to stay.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 22, 2015, 02:53:44.
Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #920835  Replies : 4  Views : 770
posté October 21, 2015, 19:06:51 | #10
even better...add cloudy cotton to higher levels of trapper gathering resources. A boss drop and a gathering resource. Extra bonuses to leveling any gathering profession would be nice...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #920741  Replies : 33  Views : 1926
posté October 20, 2015, 03:49:40 | #11

Quote (Naniru @ 19 October 2015 08:17) *

Quote (Casey-Smith @ 18 October 2015 01:48) *
What would be VERY nice is if Animal Link could reliably work with Animal Synergy... Sometimes the Summon gets teleported, sometimes the linked ally gets teleported instead...

"Animal Synergy" does not teleport "Animal Link"ed allies (it states in the description just the summon) so it should never work! If you want to teleport an ally you have to use "Feather Tornado" or "Sramva Slash".
You can use "Animal Synergy" on "Animal Link"ed allies to switch places.

makes me wonder why it's such an expensive skill when you can only move summons around.

Would be completely fair with that wp cost to move a player... They should let us do that... or change the cost...

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #920300  Replies : 27  Views : 2601
posté October 20, 2015, 02:01:56 | #12

Quote (Sorgh @ 20 October 2015 00:36) *
Im playing on Remi while Elbor comes back and in 3 runs I've droped 7 Cloudy Cottons, youre just a unlucky person.
... fair enough.... almost always tails on coin flips and ones on normal dice and D20's.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #920285  Replies : 33  Views : 1926
posté October 19, 2015, 23:49:41 | #13
Why can't a boss resource just have a 100% drop rate... you killed the boss, what more do you want, my soul?

It's part of its body ... cloudy freaking cotton is literally all over its damn body... just one piece... just one little spool of fluffy gobball god goodness... it's all we ask...

This is a plea from an enutrof who spent two months trying to gather cloudy cotton for otomai and only received 4 cloudy cotton...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #920256  Replies : 33  Views : 1926
posté October 14, 2015, 02:23:05 | #14

Quote (ZenkenElemental @ 13 October 2015 23:03) *
WHy quit when u can take a break
Exactly!

Like a broken appendage, it eventually gets better...

or it grows contorted and disfigured.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #918147  Replies : 29  Views : 1943
posté October 11, 2015, 19:22:35 | #15
Allot of folks work, go to school or both and schedule certain days for themselves to enjoy this game.

It's not very easy to get those opportunities back to even enjoy compensation in the form of an exp week/weekend.

With that in mind, the compensation definitely won't be an exp week/weekend event.

However, they may throw one out there along with whatever they come up with.... poor remington.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #917312  Replies : 27  Views : 1296
posté October 11, 2015, 04:49:16 | #16
sadida should have the ability to create wild flowers...

Carnivorous Plant says hello to all naysayers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #917162  Replies : 3  Views : 402
posté October 11, 2015, 01:39:28 | #17

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 11 October 2015 01:28) *
LV 104 is not much to worry over. Either do it over, or send a ticket, or whatever.
Ouch! You didn't have to say it like that Tommy... plus it's Remington

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #917114  Replies : 13  Views : 1026
posté October 08, 2015, 01:55:05 | #18

Quote (Lorikeety @ 08 October 2015 01:18) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 07 October 2015 14:36) *

Quote (Lorikeety @ 07 October 2015 12:24) *
That's just it though. The animators for Wakfu are accustomed and good at (arguable for some) this type of animation and art. As someone with experience in 2nd art (and animation) it isn't that hard to draw things slightly different for each animation frame, especially something that follows a player "skeleton" around. It's pretty much a free template for skin tight clothing this obviously falls under with the shirt in the picture.

And like I said, since these parts of the costume already exist, they have at least 3 idle animations done (just seen from the picture, there might be more) and at least 2 positions they're useful in. With a bit more effort, they could easily charge 1200OG for this and sell it like the current national pirate costumes. That's just under $5 (uhh, AUD for me) for 4 female skins they've already put effort into! In my mind, they're pretty slow on capitalising on something like this (hell, the fact they still haven't messed with hair alone is a sign they really don't like money in my eyes lol).
Oh I know. I was just throwing in a shot towards the 3d animation remark in your last comment.

Oh, Mikey, they can do anything that they want in regards to character animation. Making custom animations and giving characters tails are completely within their power to do so.

Problem is that we know who we are dealing with. They don't seem to want to put in the extra time to create these things. They can do it, they are a talented team of grade A animators and artists, but they won't because it's too time consuming and there are more "important" things that require more attention.

Wakfu's only strong n point over dofus is the immaculate design direction that the game has and the beautiful visual and life filled world that they animated. Yet they pull back on more customizable content and alternate character designs for other pressing matters.

Though it's a game first and a pretty little thing to stare at second, I would still love to have them to throw a nice costume or at least more to work with in terms of our characters base designs.l every now and then. Dofus beats them hands down in this regard... not that it's a contest or anything.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 08, 2015, 02:09:12.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #915116  Replies : 17  Views : 1161
posté October 07, 2015, 23:34:33 | #19
Agreed, give it another shot.

Though I am sure you hate losing money from those orgines that you paid for.

Hold off on that for a bit till you feel that you could want to spend money on the game again. It is free after all...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #915041  Replies : 23  Views : 1303