Back to

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Christian-CAO's profile
713 Posts (0.52 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 31, 2015, 21:08:22 | #1
... be careful what you wish for....

Complaints like these are why every other pet makes no sounds at all.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #923364  Replies : 7  Views : 416
posté October 27, 2015, 23:21:20 | #2

Quote (holylance @ 27 October 2015 23:09) *
Stupidest thread I've seen yet on this forum.

you still have to admit that spell level candy is a diamond in the rough

I miss spell level scrolls

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 27, 2015, 23:21:49.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #922409  Replies : 35  Views : 1325
posté October 25, 2015, 15:10:31 | #3

Quote (o2jam @ 25 October 2015 11:02) *

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Moon Moon

I like the idea of not being invited to the party.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
I don't get it... do you mean Moon the monkey or Moon the actual Moon at the Lunar dungeon?

As for myself, I feel like I have this strong affinity with Tsar Tsutsu...

mostly because I like where I live despite being surrounded by Bloodsuckers and piles of living literal Shit

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #921787  Replies : 16  Views : 1008
posté October 22, 2015, 16:13:17 | #4

Quote (Lukinerx @ 22 October 2015 13:03) *
Mimi's hairstyle, tail and improved outfit for playable Osamodas character! pretty please

Ankama please?
exactly, it's high time they get into updating classes individual physical's one thing that I like about dofus is that characters at least have their own proportions and animations... every class with a tail deserves to have a tail dammit.

Real sweet reference to the old osamodas ocarina animation of yesteryear too.... bring that back

Also, way to slap every osamodas in the face with the blatant pokemon references even though you plan to completely abolish the mechanics of pokeosa in the game Soon™

negativity and nitpicking aside, I enjoyed this chapters events and I love you forever

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 22, 2015, 16:21:39.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #921003  Replies : 26  Views : 1257
posté October 22, 2015, 02:49:24 | #5
Or they could let us tame dragons... becoming dragons makes no sense no matter how the devs write the lore.

Now, if we turned into one-eyed squids, that would make far more sense if we are paying attention to lore at all.

The shaman idea is neat but this class should stay a beast master... symbiosa being changed into making us fuse with one of our 5 stock creatures in the midst of battle all resembling a different form of dragon each taking on the archetype of the summon, would be a bit more interesting and allows the silly dragon aspect to stay.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 22, 2015, 02:53:44.
Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #920835  Replies : 4  Views : 507
posté October 21, 2015, 19:06:51 | #6
even better...add cloudy cotton to higher levels of trapper gathering resources. A boss drop and a gathering resource. Extra bonuses to leveling any gathering profession would be nice...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #920741  Replies : 33  Views : 1421
posté October 20, 2015, 03:49:40 | #7

Quote (Naniru @ 19 October 2015 08:17) *

Quote (Casey-Smith @ 18 October 2015 01:48) *
What would be VERY nice is if Animal Link could reliably work with Animal Synergy... Sometimes the Summon gets teleported, sometimes the linked ally gets teleported instead...

"Animal Synergy" does not teleport "Animal Link"ed allies (it states in the description just the summon) so it should never work! If you want to teleport an ally you have to use "Feather Tornado" or "Sramva Slash".
You can use "Animal Synergy" on "Animal Link"ed allies to switch places.

makes me wonder why it's such an expensive skill when you can only move summons around.

Would be completely fair with that wp cost to move a player... They should let us do that... or change the cost...

Thread : Osamodas  Preview message : #920300  Replies : 27  Views : 1683
posté October 20, 2015, 02:01:56 | #8

Quote (Sorgh @ 20 October 2015 00:36) *
Im playing on Remi while Elbor comes back and in 3 runs I've droped 7 Cloudy Cottons, youre just a unlucky person.
... fair enough.... almost always tails on coin flips and ones on normal dice and D20's.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #920285  Replies : 33  Views : 1421
posté October 19, 2015, 23:49:41 | #9
Why can't a boss resource just have a 100% drop rate... you killed the boss, what more do you want, my soul?

It's part of its body ... cloudy freaking cotton is literally all over its damn body... just one piece... just one little spool of fluffy gobball god goodness... it's all we ask...

This is a plea from an enutrof who spent two months trying to gather cloudy cotton for otomai and only received 4 cloudy cotton...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #920256  Replies : 33  Views : 1421
posté October 14, 2015, 02:23:05 | #10

Quote (ZenkenElemental @ 13 October 2015 23:03) *
WHy quit when u can take a break

Like a broken appendage, it eventually gets better...

or it grows contorted and disfigured.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #918147  Replies : 29  Views : 1688
posté October 11, 2015, 19:22:35 | #11
Allot of folks work, go to school or both and schedule certain days for themselves to enjoy this game.

It's not very easy to get those opportunities back to even enjoy compensation in the form of an exp week/weekend.

With that in mind, the compensation definitely won't be an exp week/weekend event.

However, they may throw one out there along with whatever they come up with.... poor remington.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #917312  Replies : 27  Views : 1085
posté October 11, 2015, 04:49:16 | #12
sadida should have the ability to create wild flowers...

Carnivorous Plant says hello to all naysayers.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #917162  Replies : 3  Views : 348
posté October 11, 2015, 01:39:28 | #13

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 11 October 2015 01:28) *
LV 104 is not much to worry over. Either do it over, or send a ticket, or whatever.
Ouch! You didn't have to say it like that Tommy... plus it's Remington

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #917114  Replies : 13  Views : 875
posté October 08, 2015, 01:55:05 | #14

Quote (Lorikeety @ 08 October 2015 01:18) *

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 07 October 2015 14:36) *

Quote (Lorikeety @ 07 October 2015 12:24) *
That's just it though. The animators for Wakfu are accustomed and good at (arguable for some) this type of animation and art. As someone with experience in 2nd art (and animation) it isn't that hard to draw things slightly different for each animation frame, especially something that follows a player "skeleton" around. It's pretty much a free template for skin tight clothing this obviously falls under with the shirt in the picture.

And like I said, since these parts of the costume already exist, they have at least 3 idle animations done (just seen from the picture, there might be more) and at least 2 positions they're useful in. With a bit more effort, they could easily charge 1200OG for this and sell it like the current national pirate costumes. That's just under $5 (uhh, AUD for me) for 4 female skins they've already put effort into! In my mind, they're pretty slow on capitalising on something like this (hell, the fact they still haven't messed with hair alone is a sign they really don't like money in my eyes lol).
Oh I know. I was just throwing in a shot towards the 3d animation remark in your last comment.

Oh, Mikey, they can do anything that they want in regards to character animation. Making custom animations and giving characters tails are completely within their power to do so.

Problem is that we know who we are dealing with. They don't seem to want to put in the extra time to create these things. They can do it, they are a talented team of grade A animators and artists, but they won't because it's too time consuming and there are more "important" things that require more attention.

Wakfu's only strong n point over dofus is the immaculate design direction that the game has and the beautiful visual and life filled world that they animated. Yet they pull back on more customizable content and alternate character designs for other pressing matters.

Though it's a game first and a pretty little thing to stare at second, I would still love to have them to throw a nice costume or at least more to work with in terms of our characters base designs.l every now and then. Dofus beats them hands down in this regard... not that it's a contest or anything.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - October 08, 2015, 02:09:12.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #915116  Replies : 17  Views : 964
posté October 07, 2015, 23:34:33 | #15
Agreed, give it another shot.

Though I am sure you hate losing money from those orgines that you paid for.

Hold off on that for a bit till you feel that you could want to spend money on the game again. It is free after all...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #915041  Replies : 23  Views : 1162
posté October 07, 2015, 14:36:23 | #16

Quote (Lorikeety @ 07 October 2015 12:24) *

Quote (Danchoou @ 07 October 2015 12:17) *
NPC costumes don't have a full set of sprites (normally an idle animation from a single angle and an emote or two) so seeing an NPC with a specific costume doesn't mean ankama can just slap it into the shop without any effort.
I completely understand. But those parts of the "costume" already exist. Surely it couldn't be hard to draw up the rest (this isn't exactly 3D animation or timeless works of art here).

actually 3d animation would have made it fairly easy to slap a model as a hairstyle/gear/whatever you wanted with less effort, when you compare it to the painstaking tediousness that is 2d animation.

Other than editing longer hair to account for certain animations like running and attacking it would take way less time then to draw it by hand.

of course this depends on the animators preference/ ability.... I still find 2d animation to be far more beautiful, though tedious.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #914690  Replies : 17  Views : 964
posté October 07, 2015, 14:27:46 | #17
sounds spiffy

Thread : News  Preview message : #914686  Replies : 35  Views : 1492