Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Penalized for not having max PP
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2014-04-21
posté June 09, 2014, 09:37:31 | #1
Penalized for not having max PP So, I've been looking at the drop rates of items, mostly from the new areas and I've noticed that the good items have 0.02% drop rates in classic and 0.04% in Hardcore. And how does ankama come up with those rates? Because with max PP, the drop rates of those items would be 0.05% and 0.1% (0.1% is the drop rate of legendary items before the newer dungeons arrived). Does this means ankama first set the rate at 0.05% and 0.1% and then reduce them based on the MAX pp cap? If that's so, then they are penalizing people for not having max PP, instead of providing some sort of 'Reward' for having PP. This also means that if you fail challenges in a fight, your drop rates will be penalized because the drop rates are based on max PP, and you usually won't have that much PP if you fail the challenges. (Except some enus)

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté June 09, 2014, 10:02:43 | #2
They promised us a drop update when capped pp, i am waiting it until Soon™.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté June 09, 2014, 10:44:11 | #3

Quote (Viliax @ 09 June 2014 09:37) *
So, I've been looking at the drop rates of items, mostly from the new areas and I've noticed that the good items have 0.02% drop rates in classic and 0.04% in Hardcore. And how does ankama come up with those rates? Because with max PP, the drop rates of those items would be 0.05% and 0.1% (0.1% is the drop rate of legendary items before the newer dungeons arrived). Does this means ankama first set the rate at 0.05% and 0.1% and then reduce them based on the MAX pp cap? If that's so, then they are penalizing people for not having max PP, instead of providing some sort of 'Reward' for having PP. This also means that if you fail challenges in a fight, your drop rates will be penalized because the drop rates are based on max PP, and you usually won't have that much PP if you fail the challenges. (Except some enus)
The point is, it is a Mythical or Legendary item. Put some weight into those words. If everyone and their mother had one, then you could hardly call them either, no? They would just be common items.

Also, you are in no way penalized for not having PP as everyone has the same base drop rates. You claim that having PP or doing challenges should have a reward, the reward is increased drop rates. It is as simple as that. If they added PP candies to the cash shop, you would then claim that all players that are not spending real money are being penalized, even if nothing else in the game changed. This is a relative endless cycle.

Yes the drop rates are increadibly low and you have to deal with the RNG Goddess, but such is almost 99% of games out there.

Personally I don't have a lot of rare things (and the some that I do, 90% I didn't drop myself), but when I do get something rare, in Wakfu, it's nice to know that it is RARE. Not many people have it, as a legendary item should be.

Quote (Celay01 @ 09 June 2014 10:02) *
Where do all of you keep getting this word "promised"? It is used a lot in these forums, but no one ever quotes something specific.

Rarely does Ankama "promise" something. They say they're working on it. Such as they've said they're working on a drop update. But I don't recall ever seeing that they "promised" that they would get it done and release it. Or, if they are working on it, that it is even close to being done and tested. Working and developing things is completely different from actually releasing something. Until they actually give a specific release date (not just a, this month time frame, but exact day), try not to over stress yourself with "Soon's"

You can wait all you want on, but you could very well be waiting for some high expectation that you built up in your head on something that was never really described on how you're imagining it, only to find yourself disappointing in what ever may eventually come out. Though when you look closely (as many don't like to admit), all that disappointment was self brought from over hyping how wonderful something could be, not what it is, even if it is an improvement over what is current.

But I digress as I'm just rambling now.

- Kat

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté June 09, 2014, 10:58:25 | #4

Quote (kurokat @ 09 June 2014 10:44) *

Where do all of you keep getting this word "promised"? It is used a lot in these forums, but no one ever quotes something specific.

Rarely does Ankama "promise" something. They say they're working on it. Such as they've said they're working on a drop update. But I don't recall ever seeing that they "promised" that they would get it done and release it. Or, if they are working on it, that it is even close to being done and tested. Working and developing things is completely different from actually releasing something. Until they actually give a specific release date (not just a, this month time frame, but exact day), try not to over stress yourself with "Soon's"

You can wait all you want on, but you could very well be waiting for some high expectation that you built up in your head on something that was never really described on how you're imagining it, only to find yourself disappointing in what ever may eventually come out. Though when you look closely (as many don't like to admit), all that disappointment was self brought from over hyping how wonderful something could be, not what it is, even if it is an improvement over what is current.
Although it has been stated many times and i dont have a link to prove it: the system revamps were scheduled for june or july. Latest posts said july.

the drop system, job system and class revamps should be implemented at the same time. Water enutrof is one of the reasons the current drop rate is horrible so they want to change these things at the same time. They are planning to create a system that uses drops of mobs and bosses to create all gear, its a substitute for the old token system. It gives players a chance to get the piece they need after all that useless farming.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-12-03
posté June 09, 2014, 11:02:36 | #5
Hmm, I could be very well mistaken (as I'm not always as informed as I'd like to be). If I am, then I of course apologize.

I know at least about the crafting revamp, but on the being able to craft anything is something I've only heard in rumors from other players and don't ever remember a dev or mod saying anything about that. If you find a link on that, I would love to see it.

I also do not recall a drop rate revamp being mentioned to be coming out with the craft revamp.

- Kat

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-04-26
posté June 09, 2014, 11:16:15 | #6

Quote (Viliax @ 09 June 2014 09:37) *
So, I've been looking at the drop rates of items, mostly from the new areas and I've noticed that the good items have 0.02% drop rates in classic and 0.04% in Hardcore. And how does ankama come up with those rates? Because with max PP, the drop rates of those items would be 0.05% and 0.1% (0.1% is the drop rate of legendary items before the newer dungeons arrived). Does this means ankama first set the rate at 0.05% and 0.1% and then reduce them based on the MAX pp cap? If that's so, then they are penalizing people for not having max PP, instead of providing some sort of 'Reward' for having PP. This also means that if you fail challenges in a fight, your drop rates will be penalized because the drop rates are based on max PP, and you usually won't have that much PP if you fail the challenges. (Except some enus)
Just as an reminder,
The crippling lower than low rate are the result of such items' PP lock being removed.
Those items could be solo farmed now, where they couldn't be before.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté June 09, 2014, 11:48:33 | #7
Tell me something. How many rare(green) or unusual(white) gear pieces drop from Cactus and Spore? I'm pretty sure Ankama expects us all to be wearing mythical items. This seems to be the new standard. I wish the drop rates would now reflect this.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-04-27
posté June 09, 2014, 12:01:21 | #8
If there was drop revamp coming this month we'd be testing it by now on beta server.
Maybe next month.

I've never seen Magmog drop anything but shields and I've ran the dungeon 30 - 40 times.
Not one single Rogmourne. Just one example how F'd up this system is.

This post has been edited by MereBytes - June 09, 2014, 12:10:51.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté June 09, 2014, 12:05:33 | #9

Quote (kurokat @ 09 June 2014 10:44) *

" Regarding the PP lock, please understand that this is part of a much bigger picture that will impact the entire drop system. More changes will come.
However, as we already explained, our intention overall is to increase the drop rate of everyone but limit the disparity between specific classes.
This limitation is only a first step, and we will try to implement the rest of the changes in beginning of 2014.
Some will ask why we decided to start with a limitation and not with the up, but this solution would have also presented many side effects. "

-Troyle
Click here

The drop revamp can now join the all exclusive VIP lounge for forgotten & wrongfully removed content alongside arenas, tokens, ogrests chaos etc.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - June 09, 2014, 12:05:57.
posté June 09, 2014, 12:32:15 | #10
So where do you see a promiss? I see "We will TRY to implement (...)", which clearly says that they were not sure when are they going to finish it.

I feel like it would be better for them to not say ANYTHING untill release date, because people here don't seems to understand the words "try", "maybe", "if everything will go as planned" ect.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-04-20
posté June 09, 2014, 12:40:42 | #11

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 09 June 2014 12:32) *
So where do you see a promiss? I see "We will TRY to implement (...)", which clearly says that they were not sure when are they going to finish it.

I feel like it would be better for them to not say ANYTHING untill release date, because people here don't seems to understand the words "try", "maybe", "if everything will go as planned" ect.
Also don't forget about the word 'WILL'
It means at that time they haven't actually started TRYing yet

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-06
posté June 09, 2014, 13:20:03 | #12

Quote (kurokat @ 09 June 2014 11:02) *
Hmm, I could be very well mistaken (as I'm not always as informed as I'd like to be). If I am, then I of course apologize.

I know at least about the crafting revamp, but on the being able to craft anything is something I've only heard in rumors from other players and don't ever remember a dev or mod saying anything about that. If you find a link on that, I would love to see it.

I also do not recall a drop rate revamp being mentioned to be coming out with the craft revamp.

- Kat
it took me a while to find the particular post, Click here

i think the info has also been mentioned in other places

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté June 09, 2014, 14:13:20 | #13

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 09 June 2014 12:32) *
I dont know, maybe when they said these;

"[...] This is part of a much bigger picture [...]"
"More changes will come."
"This Limitation is only a first step [...]"
" Some will ask why we decided to start with a limitation and not with the up[...]"

Or did I misunderstand these too?

Your quote just highlights when they plan to get it done. Not whether or not they'll do it.

Its not a 'maybe' when they start the job. I never expected them to do it on time, but its now months overdue at the least. Ive said it before - but ankama have had years to determine what is a comfortable work load / what is achievable each month yet they cant plan 3-4 months into the future.
Maybe it was just a typo and maybe they meant to say early 2015. Unless this craft revamp is a miracle :l

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - June 09, 2014, 14:17:47.
Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-09-04
posté June 09, 2014, 14:13:22 | #14

Quote (MereBytes @ 09 June 2014 12:01) *
If there was drop revamp coming this month we'd be testing it by now on beta server.
Maybe next month.

I've never seen Magmog drop anything but shields and I've ran the dungeon 30 - 40 times.
Not one single Rogmourne. Just one example how F'd up this system is.
All comes down to luck :c First time i did Magmog i got magmog boots(before they changed UB drops), then the second time i ran him last night my friend dropped a rogmourne

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté June 09, 2014, 15:17:35 | #15
Maybe Ankama needs to start being more honest about what they intend to add to the game or when they answer our questions. 'Maybe', 'will', 'soon', and 'try' are all great examples of bullshit. I have yet to see this crafting revamp implemented, or any meaningful PvP.

It's very clear to me what Ankama's goals are, their boutique and revenue. The only features that have been worked on and introduced with any speed are the smithmagic hammer system and side-kicks. Smithmagic got two revamps simply because they wanted to start milking that as soon as possible.

We still haven't had the last few class revamps that were promised. And anyone talking about Ankama not giving a definitive date or timeline for content and players getting all in a tizzy should look at these as examples. Because Ankama gave us plenty of dates regarding these only too see them pushed back over a year at times. All the while Ankama added other boutique or P2W features instead.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-12-21
posté June 09, 2014, 17:04:58 | #16
Honestly I still feel penalized with max PP. I imagine high PP and hardcore mode is probably the way to go now. Or ridiculous luck...which I don't have apparently.

I miss loading the enu up with 400+ PP and knowing I had a chance. It was annoying to have to play enu all the time instead of the class I wanted but at least I could gear my toons.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté June 09, 2014, 17:10:59 | #17
They said it many times in different places.

Easiest one i found now:

28 May 2014, Azael:
Revamped Dungeon Drop System via “Tokens”
- To avoid being victimized by the random drop system, A token (or tokens, not stated if there would be multiple token drops per run) would be provided to players who finish the dungeon. Collection of these tokens would then enable the player to craft the dungeon drop he needs.

Click here

Also can people who dont read anything stop posting things against people who read and know somethings.
Thank you  

This post has been edited by Celay01 - June 09, 2014, 17:12:08.