Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Cross-class skills
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté May 21, 2011, 18:07:46 | #1
Cross-class skills This game is totally party base ,though i would like to see some upgrade for that ,meaning pure cross-class skills.
Cross-class skill is a combo move created by few skills casted by different classes in small delay of time (in wakfu it would be best in same turn).

I would suggest to have cross class skill in each element ,meaning 3 new skills per class ,though it would be good if you could pick only one of them.
The skill wont do much or even nothing itself ,though when you succes to do the cross-class skill combo it could do some nice effects on battlefield.
To that the cross-class skills should have high cooldown between uses ,cost of them in AP/WP/MP though can warry alot.

The skill can be made similary to Ecaflip Hunt skill ,people make AOE marking on ground ,and if few of them will be placed on same area then the skill will active.
Other way is to simply cast skill after another on same enemy ,area and getting bonuses for using cross-class skills in a chain.

Suggested animation would be ofc unique comparing to other skill animation ,because it could invovle movement/action from more than 1 group member.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2007-03-08
posté May 21, 2011, 18:31:43 | #2
I think it's quite a nice idea.

You can already pull some things off that are a bit like that (Fire attack on a Sadida Doll-seed, when Sadida have no fire spells themselves, or a -Air Resist spells with other class' air attacks).

Making it just the element, rather than specifying the exact classes involved is a good idea, since it means it's much more flexible, and doesn't dictate your team mix.

I would say, to make it a spell which has a basic effect (so even if one person casts it, it's still worth it), which unlocks additional effects if multiple people "link" their version too.

You could still make the additional effects tied to each class' version. So the Iop attack would unlock a -Dodge, while adding the Eca attack would unlock a -Lock effect.

However, it might be hard to balance, because if the advantage is always better from the combo, then normal skills might not be used as much, while if it's as good, or worse than normal attacks, then it'd be better to just use normal attacks.

This post has been edited by GoldfishGod - May 21, 2011, 18:32:58.
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-04-28
posté May 21, 2011, 19:19:41 | #3

Quote (GoldfishGod @ 21 May 2011 18:31) *
However, it might be hard to balance, because if the advantage is always better from the combo, then normal skills might not be used as much, while if it's as good, or worse than normal attacks, then it'd be better to just use normal attacks.

Like i wrote the combo should be strong ,but also have high cooldown. By high cooldown i mean one use per 5+ turns ,so it need some teamplay to output the combo rather than spaming it and wait till other person interact with it.
Also as it will have at least 5 turns cooldown, it wont influence to much normal skills even if the combo will give strong effects. The cooldown is a limiter of the strenght and it set the balance ,the effect of combo is to discuss.

The main concept is to give a bit of boost to people who really are working as team (i never wrote it will be easy to output it at full potential) and ofc to give alot of fun for the players.
Though as you wrote i dont wanna limit the skills to certain build ,but actualy allow players to put them in their elemental build.

The example of bonuses that come to my head (some random stuff) can be made like this :
- bonus from combo depending on element of the spell you interract with and your spell - so if we got 4 elements there can be 1 element is reacting stronger ,1 weaker and 2 normal in the combo
- bonus from combo depending on classes - like you said for example IOP can get bonus in some spell if he is the next in line in the combo
- bonus from combo depending on the skill - making some skills reacting better with eachother ,though without discarding combo possiblity with the non-bonus cross-class skills

Example of cross class skill with ofc random numbers and effects :

Fire IOP cross class skill :
- x cost of AP and/or WP and/or MP
- x range
- x dmg
- additional effect (by chance or 100%) like burning or explosion
- additional cross class effects :
* casted after Cra air cross class skill - +x% crit rate
* give bonus to Ecaflip earth cross class skill casted after it - -x% all element resistance
* casted after water element type cross class skill - +x base dmg
* give bonus to fire element type cross class skill casted after it - +x% chance for burning

This post has been edited by Herflik - May 21, 2011, 19:31:22.
posté May 22, 2011, 09:12:41 | #4
Very complicated, but would probably encourage team work if people can be bothered to figure out which spell combo goes with what.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2010-05-20
posté November 12, 2011, 18:17:53 | #5
It should be like a suport spell that would have a different special effects on every class combination!