Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

aidanjk's profile
Statistics
56 Posts (0.09 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté May 25, 2014, 00:52:00 | #1
Be a decent person, dont party with people who arent decent people

I did it guys, I solved all the world's problems.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #735795  Replies : 20  Views : 875
posté May 15, 2014, 00:18:23 | #2

Quote (Celay01 @ 14 May 2014 19:20) *

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 14 May 2014 16:50) *

Quote (aidanjk @ 14 May 2014 00:01) *
Did someone ask for hell? Not only where there like 14 coneys, but I accidentally triggered 'the squits' and THEY KEPT ON INFECTING EACH OTHER AND US WITH IT.

ooooh a screenshoot from when ankama kinda cared about the game, good old times... now the game is about to die
Really, game was more enjoyable 2 years ago...
They added many things in 2 years, but forgot something to add: "Fun"

I am not even talking about how much fun they removed also...
I think your time reference is a bit off. I dont think there was even half of the game two years ago as there is now...Not only were Mobile Arenas and Token Systems not out yet, but I don't think we even had Wagner Castle yet...but my memory could be a bit off on that last part.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731907  Replies : 59  Views : 2064
posté May 14, 2014, 00:01:13 | #3
Did someone ask for hell? Not only where there like 14 coneys, but I accidentally triggered 'the squits' and THEY KEPT ON INFECTING EACH OTHER AND US WITH IT.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #731349  Replies : 59  Views : 2064
posté May 06, 2014, 12:32:27 | #4
Oh, thanks for sharing these, they are pretty cool. Nice to have everything together to see and make it easier to compare and contrast.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #726673  Replies : 7  Views : 1841
posté May 06, 2014, 11:31:06 | #5
It's been three whole days without any real notice of an idea of rollback, nor a warning of the possible circumstances of playing at the moment and whether or not that could be a waste of time for the player.

A rollback under these circumstances would be a huge problem.

But then, what other alternatives are there? That Ankama can effectively pull off? It's impractical to pick and choose everyone who was unfortunate, but you cant really give compensation to everyone without either being too little for those who were unfortunate or being too much for those who didnt lose anything.

The best idea to solve this would be for a thread to appear, and for those who lost items to post in it(maybe even saying the time it disappeared to help ankama out and make it easier to do). I don't know what Ankama can do with it, but if they happen to be able to use the info and check to see what might have been lost, we might be able to get that to work, although it would require a lot of hard work on Ankama's part.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #726619  Replies : 34  Views : 1356
posté May 06, 2014, 08:35:44 | #6
I mean seriously, how can you not allow either gender to wear something. Besides, everyone knows the Flamboyant Insig looks best on male enis, so who knows what other costumes will look so great on other 'unintended' characters.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #726505  Replies : 92  Views : 2474
posté May 03, 2014, 12:43:52 | #7
Srams look very mechanically interesting. Seems that if you play utilizing spells and specialties in odd and interesting ways, you can have some fun. Like Crossing Shadows to move back away from a target after hitting them, or using First Blood to keep yourself of teleporting back to the spot you used Crossing Shadows.

I really love the loot system on the Water Branch. Also good to see they made sure that water srams couldnt unfairly spam buffs/debuffs with their Doubles.

Air branch looks like fun harassment, until you look at Trauma and it scares the crap out of you just how much potential that one spell has. Takes a bit to reach the full damage potential, but the AoE is really nice.

Would like to see a bit more range or AoE throughout the class, though.

I would REALLY love to make a Water/Air Sram with this and see how much fun I can have.

This post has been edited by aidanjk - May 03, 2014, 12:44:26.
Thread : Sram  Preview message : #724509  Replies : 149  Views : 8368
posté May 01, 2014, 13:00:01 | #8
Sadidas

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #723687  Replies : 27  Views : 2029
posté April 23, 2014, 07:36:11 | #9
It was a mechanic intentionally designed to keep fire enis from super farming mobs back in the day. Because if the eni could 1-hit the mosnters, it could one turn everything. It also probably had to do with the fact that someone could cast the spell as only a finisher move and get a 'free kill' off the spell.

Whether or not they intended to keep this mechanic after the eni revamp, I can't remember, but I think I remember them saying so in one of the devblogs.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #719795  Replies : 8  Views : 608
posté April 16, 2014, 19:56:56 | #10
B-e-a-utiful Sacrier, love it so much

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716885  Replies : 59  Views : 1704
posté April 13, 2014, 22:35:48 | #11

Quote (saphiLC2 @ 13 April 2014 20:57) *

Quote (Sabi @ 12 April 2014 07:39) *
Awww that made my day to know that you guys are happy to get your hands on the Black Wabbit Costume as it is finally here!
Lol, are you pretending to be blind or what thread did you read? most, if not all but the 2 posts you quoted, are complains... and if you check the other communities, you will see the same kind of complains being made.

Anyways... way to lose money ankama. (well, not losing, but not making as much money as u could have done)
You would make better points if you understood what you were saying, saphil. You might have to re-read through the thread and Sabi's post.

Thread : News  Preview message : #715509  Replies : 41  Views : 1813
posté April 09, 2014, 21:41:05 | #12
You haave to use the spell given to you on the three tiles around you that match the different tiles around the black bow meow. It doesnt matter the order you attack them, just as long as you get all three on the same turn.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #713705  Replies : 6  Views : 435
posté April 09, 2014, 08:49:30 | #13

Quote (Uiasdnmb @ 08 April 2014 23:46) *
Because they have negative stats (block and dodge) that damage dealers don't give damn about, but still increase overall damage budget of the item.
Scepter of Wage reduces resists, and not everyone wants to use that because everyone needs resist (this and above 1 handers are fat as hell and 2 handers just fall way behind them).

They should just make new weapon:
+2 AP
+1 RA
+90% all damage
+6% crit chance
+20% crit dmg
+40% backstab dmg
-200 block
-200 dodge
-200 lock
-200 perception

And everyone would be using it.
Never saw anything more boring in my entire life. Doesnt even help optimize a lot of builds, its just a straight damage dealing weapon for "in case of being a bad player, use this to feel better about yourself but still be bad".

Also would be funny if there was such a thing as negative block.

Also, laughing at the fact that you think damage dealers dont care about dodge, not only is there the whole Masq thing, but I also know a handful of people who use their dodge to not have to worry about spending too much AP/MP/WP dodging locks.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #713529  Replies : 30  Views : 1293
posté April 08, 2014, 15:11:39 | #14
I don't remember the rune revamp saying anywhere that they plan on removing exotic runes. Also, I still have my exotic runes on some of my old gear, so they haven't gotten rid of exotic runes. Perhaps it was a visual bug? Hopeful the runes didnt just disappear.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #713151  Replies : 2  Views : 187
posté April 07, 2014, 20:52:04 | #15
I often just try to provocate all the big guys over to my feca, and while he can't lock them, as long as everyone stays 4+ range away from the closest one, they wont try to run after them. Their AI is pretty simple to work around the fact that they seem to have a 100% dodge chance, at least against my 500 lock feca. They'll just stay glued to my feca as if it was locking them all the time.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #712789  Replies : 14  Views : 759
posté April 06, 2014, 07:46:08 | #16
Torso get First run of the day, didn't even get any of the challenges either. Feelin' pretty lucky. Now to aim for HC and those Dark Vlad's Flamboyant Epps before that luck runs out. Anyone got the Skin yet, or DV fragments either?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #712217  Replies : 17  Views : 880
posté April 04, 2014, 03:50:09 | #17
Which do you perfer? Damage with some heals, or Heals with some damage?

Water/Fire has the highest heal potential of any class in game, along with the support you can from marks. I consider 11AP to work great with this duo-ele build.

Water/Air give you some more raw damage for a slight cut in your heals. It's also easy to dish out the damage, but you'll need to make sure you have plenty of MP. 10AP tends to be the go-to for these types of builds.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #711271  Replies : 7  Views : 2412
posté April 03, 2014, 21:13:07 | #18

Quote (Gynrei @ 03 April 2014 19:15) *

Quote (aidanjk @ 03 April 2014 18:15) *
Okay, so you want a regular update on the state of the content then? Or are you beyond that point and want the unfinished content now? You seem to be complaining about two different points and I'm not sure which you desire more.

I could also let you know that it would have been a long time before Arenas would have even been viable with the classes available, and even longer before people realized they could be done. And even then Heal Resists would be overpowering because of just how much healing was required and due to mob's random spawning patterns you would never be able to shield everyone from all the damage.

As I already stated in my first post, every option they had would have caused problems when it came with how to deal with Arenas and the combat changes that had occurred. Along with all the potential problems that would have occured later on down the path that would have sprung complaints, like why Arenas dont have new mobs in them, or if they did why Ankama was using valuable time to add to outdated content.

Or do you want this to be like the drop system revamp? Where things are done in increments instead of all at once. Because this is what it is like to do something in its entirety before its release (and even then I suspect Ankama will still have to make a few changes after it is released). Admittedly, it's longer than what most content would normally be, but that's because it is an entire game mode itself.

I did not say I want a regular update. I did not say I want unfinished content. I want a deadline(release date) and if they don't meet it i want an explanation. If it's postponed, another deadline. If you read my posts you'd know, "this feature will be removed now and revamped before the end of time" isn't good enough. Is it good enough for you? You say you could have told me it would be a long time. How long is "a long time" in your world?

You haven't answered any of my very direct questions. You sound like Ankama, you refuse to give a direct answer because you know you could be held to that response.

I'm not arguing there are difficulties with heal resist and Arenas. But you say " every option they had would have caused problems when it came with how to deal with Arenas and the combat changes that had occurred." This is wrong. They could have left combat in arena's unchanged. Their are tons of options. Some easier than others.

I do not want Arena's to be half done like the drop revamp. I also don't want them removed from the game with no return in sight. There are better alternatives to both. I hope this is clear enough for you.
If they had left combat unchanged in the Arenas, then you would have several classes that were changed become very lackluster. Who is gonna bring someone with shields when you can heal forever? Along with the fact that Enis would be absurdly imbalanced with their water heals that got improved after the Eni revamp, and the power obtained from fire marks and their heals.

It's my fault for assuming that you wanted something other than what Ankama tends to disappoint on, I'm sorry for that. I wasn't expecting that you would want a release date from Ankama. Something is gonna get pushed back because of technicalities on Ankama's side or selfishness on the Forum's side. And that will cause a cascading effect on all other content, this has been proven constantly. You would be more likely to have an idea when something will happen if you got a more progressive report on the matter, and it would likely be simpler for Ankama since all they have to do is tell you what they are doing instead of speculate all the possibilities in the future and prepare themselves for all the complaints from the forums for setting up those deadlines and missing them. This would also cut down on a LOT of questions from the forums.

"A long time" is indefinite in my eyes because I don't know the exact processes in how Ankama works, along with their priorities and plans for the future.

Also, if you are so intent on me answering your questions then I will:

What is gained by removing content instead of leaving it in place?
Less complaints in the future along with saving time required to insure that the arenas are balanced along with the gear and experience that is obtained from them. There's also the fact that Arenas would become 8+ hour investments to reach the highest score due to the fact of how much higher level and how much more powerful people are now compared to when the Arenas were first closed.
Arenas would have devolved into a larger complaint issue and people asking for some sort of revamp to their outdated content, and trying to develop a time-sink for Ankama. And we would likely be in this same situation on this thread, except you would only be complaining about why the Arena revamps aren't out yet.

How many years do you think is an acceptable amount of time for content to be removed, improved, and rereleased? Or a promised feature to be added to the game?
In all honesty, it depends entirely on the content involved. We would be closer now if we didnt have all the class revamp complaints (looking at you panda revamp complaints). I would say that I would expect Arenas around 4-6 months after the Combat revamp comes out, giving them time to balance the Arenas along with releasing unrelated content like new islands or UBs. I don't know the exact processes in how Ankama works or I could easily tell you what they are capable of in the time they have.

Is there anything else I missed?

This post has been edited by aidanjk - April 03, 2014, 21:14:10.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #711161  Replies : 17  Views : 883
posté April 03, 2014, 18:15:30 | #19

Quote (Gynrei @ 03 April 2014 15:59) *

Quote (aidanjk @ 03 April 2014 02:33) *

Quote (Gynrei @ 02 April 2014 22:38) *

Quote (aidanjk @ 02 April 2014 21:13) *
However, 'Until' and 'soon' are not close enough in relation to warrant your frustration on that one case. That's entirely your fault if you assumed that 'Until' would mean that something would be done quickly.

I have to disagree. Tell me the difference in time between these two statements.

1. You can have a cookie as soon as they are ready.
2. You can't have a cookie until they are ready.

Ankama might be using soon to indicate the near future while until simply means when it's done. But both are an unknown amount of time. That is the point i'm making.
Alright, so it's that Ankama is informing you that there is uncertainty on exactly when something will be available and you dont like that? Just to make sure of that.

Yes, but you're making it sound like such a bad thing.

I understand there are issues regarding certain content when changes to the game are made. Heal resist would be an issue for Arenas. But it doesn't mean players can't overcome that. We have shields, higher levels, better gear, and new classes. What is gained by removing content instead of leaving it in place?

You don't remove content saying it will be revamped and don't talk about it for a full year. If you really think this is an ok practice, just wow. How about you pay me 6$ a month and i'll give you 1 million dollars as soon as i have it. You should take me up on this empty promise, you'll have the money soon enough.

How many years do you think is an acceptable amount of time for content to be removed, improved, and rereleased? Or a promised feature to be added to the game? Because, make no mistake, we're talking years here.
Okay, so you want a regular update on the state of the content then? Or are you beyond that point and want the unfinished content now? You seem to be complaining about two different points and I'm not sure which you desire more.

I could also let you know that it would have been a long time before Arenas would have even been viable with the classes available, and even longer before people realized they could be done. And even then Heal Resists would be overpowering because of just how much healing was required and due to mob's random spawning patterns you would never be able to shield everyone from all the damage.

As I already stated in my first post, every option they had would have caused problems when it came with how to deal with Arenas and the combat changes that had occurred. Along with all the potential problems that would have occured later on down the path that would have sprung complaints, like why Arenas dont have new mobs in them, or if they did why Ankama was using valuable time to add to outdated content.

Or do you want this to be like the drop system revamp? Where things are done in increments instead of all at once. Because this is what it is like to do something in its entirety before its release (and even then I suspect Ankama will still have to make a few changes after it is released). Admittedly, it's longer than what most content would normally be, but that's because it is an entire game mode itself.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #711079  Replies : 17  Views : 883