Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Nefelle's Grace, Enchanted Forest Summoners
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-05-02
posté October 20, 2011, 01:09:37 | #1
Nefelle's Grace I would be really pleased to share my creativity with you. Hope you like it!

- Credits to - "todyvict" account:
• Paumee - Earth Sadida
• Hetah - Earth Pandawa
• Carceret - Fire Eni (about to change!)
• Penthia - Air Rogue
• Clucce - Fire Osamoda

THE NEFELLES:
Plant and Insect Summoners

Nefelles have the incubator system. The Incubator generates creatures which Nefelles' gameplay is based on. Summons last for just 1 turn and has an special life bar. The life bar show the times the summon would need to be hit to die. But why this special life bar if they'll last only for 1 turn? Because the summons would have a chance to gain one additional turn instead of dying, and Nefelles has skills that manipulates their life time.

[b]ACTIVE SUPPORT SPELLS:
[/b]
1 - Nefelle's Incubator
Thanks to this incubator, Nefelle can summon all his insects or plants. Summons will cost incubator's health.

-Cost: 4~3 AP (-1 AP at level 9);
-To the incubator: health equal to 6~60% of Nefelle's maximum health.

2 - Blessed Follicle
Revives the last dead summon, giving it bonus Movement Points and a bless that will heal allies when the summon dies.

-Cost: the same cost the summon costed to be summoned;
-To the summon: +1~3 MP (increases by +1 at level 6 and 9) and heals nearby allies when it dies for 11~20% of their maximum health. Nefelle will be healed even if he's not in the area of effect.

3 - Mother Nature
This summon increases the resistance of the Incubator and gives extra damage for nearby insects or plants.
-Cost: 4 AP, 2 WP, 1WP at level 9;
-To summons: +10~55% (+5% each level) damage;
-Mother Nature's maximum HP: equal to 45% of incubator's maximum health;
-To Incubator: +5~50% (increases by 5% for each level) resistances.

4 - Thorny Roots

Nefelle involves the Incubator or Mother Nature with roots full of thorn. From now on, any damage suffered by this target will be returned to the attacker.

-Cost: 3~2 AP (-1 at level 7), 1 WP;
-To the Incubator/Mother Nature: returns 5~40% (+3,8% each level) of suffered damage;
-Duration: 1~2 turns (increases by +1 at level 9);
- One use per turn.

5 - Nefelle's Barrier

With his grace, Nefelle protects one of his summons, granting it bonus defense and making its next attack heal Nefelle.

-Cost: 5~3 AP (-1 AP at level 6 and 9), 1 MP;
-To summons: +1~4 (increases by 1 in level 3, 6 and 9) Health Points;
- Heals Nefelle for 10~90% (increases by 10% each level) of the damage dealt;
- One use per turn.

PASSIVE SUPPORT SPELLS

1 - Growing Incubator
Growing Incubator enables the Incubator to grow up (does not occupy adjacent cells), increasing it maximum health, Nefelle's leadership and also summons' damage per growth. The Incubator can grow up 3 times, growing up 1 time per turn.

• For Each growth:
-To the incubator: increases 0~10% (increases by 0,5% each level) of maximum health per growth;
-To Nefelle: +0~2 (increases by 1 at level 10 and 20) leadership per growth;
-To summons: +0~10% (+0,5% each level) damage per growth.

2 - Nature's Conversion
This spell enables Nefelle's insects/plants to have a chance of healing the incubator instead of damaging it when summoned.

-To the Incubator: 1~20% chance to heal itself for 0~20% (+1% for every level) of the value of the damage that would be dealt in the insect/plant summoning;
- Can be activated once per turn and 4 times per game.

3 - Root Improvement
This spell gives Consistency to Nefelle's summons. Consistency increases the chance to stay one more turn in the game. Also increases summons' MP and CH at higher levels.

• To summons
- +0~20% Consistency,
- +0~1 MP (+1 at level 20),
- +0~10% Critical Hits (+0,5% each level).

4 - Energy Absorption
Energy Absorption enables Nefelle's summons to have a chance to absorve the MP used by Nefelle.

- To the insects: 1~20% chance to absrove 50% of the MP used by Nefelle and convert it into MP and Range bonus.

5 - Deep Into the Forest
Deep Into the Forest makes Nefelle and his summons stronger when he's far from the enemy.

- To Nefelle: +0~2 (+1 at level 10 and 20) Range bonus to summoning spells;
- 5~4 cells far from the enemy: recovers 4% of maximum HP, +5~10% damage to summons;
- 8~7 cells far from the enemy: recovers 7% of maximum HP, +15~20% damage to summons;
- 11~10 cells far form the enemy: recovers 10% of maximum HP, +25~30% damage to summons;
- The DMG bonus increases by 1% for each 4 levels of this skill, and the cells you need to be far from your enemy to activate this skill decreases by 1 at level 20.

Air Elemental Spell Set

1 - Infest
RA: 1-4, modifiable, requires line of sight
DMG: up to 60
Cost: 5 AP

2 - The Screamer
Summons the screamer, which pushes your enemies.
DMG: pushback damage, up to 15
MP: 5
RA: 2-3
Health: 30% incubator's health
Cost: 6 AP, up to 20 hp from the incubator

3 - The Bloodsucker
Summons the bloodsucker, which deals damage to your target and also heal itself.
DMG: life steal, up to 25
MP: 2
RA: 1
Health: 35% incubator's health
Cost: 6 AP, up to 40 hp from the incubator

4 - Grace of the Wind
Summons the healer insect.
Heal: up to 40
MP: 3
RA: 1-3
Health: 30% incubator's health
Cost: 6 AP, up to 50 hp from the incubator

5 - Demon of the Wind
Summons the killer of the winds, wich is agile and strong.
DMG: up to 35, - up to 25% resistances
MP: 4
RA: 1-2
Health: 40% of incubator's health
Cost: 6 AP, up to 100 hp from the incubator

Earth Elemental Spell Set

1 - Sting
RA: 1-4, modifiable, does not requires line of sight
DMG: up to 45
Cost: 4 AP

2 - The "Mole"
Summons the "Mole", an insect like a mole, which burrows, becoming invisible.
DMG: up to 20, butt-kicking damage (up to 40%)
MP: 5
Health: 25% of incubator's health
Cost: 6 AP, up to 40 HP form the incubator

3 - Golden Beetle
Summons a beetle which can attack various enemies at once.
DMG: up to 20, AoE damage
RA: 1-4
Health: 30% of incubator's health
Cost: 6 AP, 45 HP from the incubator

4 - Poisonous Cockroach
Summons a cockroach with poisonous stings.
DMG: up to 25. Poisoned Stings: -5% of maximum health each turn for 2 turns.
Health: 25% of incubator's health
Cost: 6 AP, 45 HP from the incubator

5 - Giant Larva
Summons the giant larva, the strongest Nefelle's insect.
DMG: up to 40
Health: 45% of incubator's health
Cost: 6 AP, 120 HP from the incubator

Water Elemental Spell Set

1 - Gastric Spit
RA: 1-3, modifiable, requires line of sight
DMG: up to 30
Cost: 3 AP

2 - Gastric Pool
Nefelle summons a pool for 3 turns, which heals your insects ofr each turn
Heal: up to 30, AoE heal
Cost: 5 AP

3 - Nature's Corrosion
DMG: up to 35, - up to 20% resist

4 - Gastric Bubble
RA: 1-6, modifiable, requires line of sight
DMG: up to 35

5 - Sting Fortification
This spell increases the damage dealt by the targeted insect, and make it heal Nefelle.
RA: 1-5
DMG: + up to 60%, healing Nefelle
Cost: 3 AP, 1 WP

This post has been edited by Franchoise - March 25, 2013, 16:56:51.
posté October 20, 2011, 02:04:37 | #2
The forum ate my post again! It keeps doing that. Probably has something to do with the thread being moved to a more appropriate section.

This looks like quite some thought went into it. The class has a strong identity, but it overlaps strongly with the Osamodas. Before I even attempt some specific analysis, I'll throw out some general points.

1. The class seems somewhat overpowered as long as it has WP left (And the incubator is in play), but might as well quit the fight when it runs out. Try to figure out how to balance the two states out.
2. It relies too strongly on summons and has too few direct spells. Consider replacing some of them with direct spells, or leaving just the summons for every effect.
3. The Air and Earth lines are basically identical. Try spreading the summons more evenly across the elements, remove and/or combine some of them.
4. The healing effects in general are way too powerful. Particularly PS-5, the passive percentile one.
5. You seem to have forgotten line-of-fire patterns and AoE's for most spells.
6. The class' unique mechanic is somewhat underexplained. Is PS-1, Growing Incubator, required for the incubator to grow at all, or just increases the effects of this growth? What happens if it hits an obstacle or a character when attempting to grow? Can it be moved? How does it interact with AoE effects?

In general, the class feels shoehorned into either relying on summons without any real means of direct interaction, or into just using an extremely limited repertoire of attacks of a single element.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-05-02
posté October 20, 2011, 11:38:55 | #3
"The forum ate my post again! It keeps doing that. Probably has something to do with the thread being moved to a more appropriate section. "
Thanks for replying again! hehe

"The class' unique mechanic is somewhat underexplained. Is PS-1, Growing Incubator, required for the incubator to grow at all, or just increases the effects of this growth?"
Growing Incubator would make the incubator grow. In my opinion, would be the most important spell.

"What happens if it hits an obstacle or a character attempting to grow?"
He won't grow, a fact which would be sad to the Nefelle. But this would active the guard of the Nefelle, making he need to protect the incubator while it's growing.

"How does it interact with AoE effects?"
It's really simple... It won't take the double/triple of damage, but it would be present in several cells at once, making it easy to be hit.

"The healing effects in general are way too powerful. Particularly PS-5, the passive percentile one."
Passive number five? Would have 20% chance to be activated. However, to recover a huge percentage of life (30%), Nefelle would need to stay too far from your enemy. This strategy wouldn'd work several times (20% chance), and when does, the enemy would be surely closer.

"It relies too strongly on summons and has too few direct spells. Consider replacing some of them with direct spells, or leaving just the summons for every effect."
This is my idea, dear. Nefelle would depend 100% of his summons. But i suggested a water-elemental set of spells which would have just direct spells. This set would help Nefelle to finish his enemies if the incubator isn't present (as "Sting" and "Infest").

"The class seems somewhat overpowered as long as it has WP left (And the incubator is in play), but might as well quit the fight when it runs out. Try to figure out how to balance the two states out."
Like i said, Nefelle would depend 100% of his insects. So i removed the WP suck from the incubator, making more possible the use of WP spells, and allowing Nefelle to kill his enemies even with 0 WP.

"In general, the class feels shoehorned into either relying on summons without any real means of direct interaction, or into just using an extremely limited repertoire of attacks of a single element."
In my opinion, this class would be very hybrid. Nefelle needs to use several tips of insects for each situation, what would be good to upgrade earth and air elemental set. And, willy-nilly, he would need to cast water direct-spells a time when he could no longer summon his creatures (because of leadership limit).

"You seem to have forgotten line-of-fire patterns and AoE's for most spells."
This would be the difficult target of the Nefelle: hit several targets at once. So, i wanted to leave him without any recourse to strike multiple enemies at once. The only way to do it is summoning the Golden Beetle.

Thanks for the questions, hope you read my answers! (:

Oh, and by the way, i didn't know that existed this area in the forum. Haha, i'll spend all my day reading suggestions for new classes!

This post has been edited by Franchoise - October 20, 2011, 11:46:30.
posté October 22, 2011, 11:29:45 | #4
Odd no-one else's chiming in on this one.
Well, "it's intentional" is usually an acceptable answer, here being no exception. So I won't argue those points. And as I said, a pure summoner would actually be interesting to play, if niche.

Healing: still, passive healing, even if it's random chance-based, is probably overpowered in any form, without even trying to analyse the numbers. How about replacing the mechanic with a more reliable status effect that boosts all healing you receive, and possibly make Bless heal yourself, as well?
Besides, it looks like the community in general dislikes random chance (A sentiment that I personally don't share, but what does my opinion matter, right?), so reliable effects are preferable.

Staying far from an enemy doesn't seem so difficult to me if you can have 3 bugs with knock-back out at the same time - even if you're unable to do so reliably. Assuming I understand the HP ranges correctly, the bugs in question are rather squishy, but will still probably prove too annoying to most opponents.

I didn't mean only AoE, by the way: you know some spells can only be cast in a straight line, or on a diagonal. Does any of Nefelle's ones work like that, or do all use the normal firing pattern?

What are the bugs' dodge/lock values? Can they be changed by any means?