Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Zelsphyr - Mind controll class
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-12-18
posté December 25, 2011, 17:37:34 | #1
Zelsphyr - Mind controll class Hi All.

I'm new to Wakfu the game, but have been a big fan of the cartoon ever since it first aired!

I have been doing a little silhouette sketching of a new class with mind controll abilities..
Character design standout points is their third eye, which gives them their mind controll abilities, and also their chose of weapon which instead of mainly boosting their own abilities are designed to lowering enemies abilities.

I have just started planning this character out, so please bear with me..
Better character and spell design will come later..

Weapons examples:

This post has been edited by vivavip - September 26, 2016, 14:15:57.
posté February 21, 2012, 10:31:16 | #2
I found your art and descriptions very inspiring!
ings
I decided to flesh out your concept and try to generate a complete skill list, I hope you enjoy it.

Zelsphyr's Standard-Bearer

Special mechanics - When the Zelsephyr's attacks with a

Air - Mind control

Compel - Move target unit (at level 0 you can only move them 1 square (as if they had 1 MP), at level 100 maybe it is as high as 4!) and deals some minor damage.

Wrath - Allows you to make an attack with targeted player's weapon, from their position. The damage is only 50% of the regular weapon damage, but it increases with level (lvl 100 could be 100% or even greater than that, not sure about the balance here)

Water - Confusion

Scramble - Randomly swap 2 spells on a player's hotbar (on creatures it will give a % chance for them to use the wrong abiility). At higher levels it swaps more spells (lvl 100 could well swap every spell on their hotbar!)

Illusionary Obstacle - Will create a random obstacle (tree, rock, barrel) at target location. To other players and units this will appear as a real obstacle, but it can be destroyed with an attack (AI will attack it if it blocks them).

Clouded Mind - Steals some initiative and perception from the target and shares it out between your team.

Uncertainty - Targeted unit's abilities have their levels randomly changed. Number of abilities that have their level changed increases with level.

Overestimate - Targeted unit's abilities' descriptions show higher stats than they would usually. This buff will expire at the end of your next turn unless reapplied, in which case it will stack.

Earth - Fear

Doom - Targeted friendly unit gets a buff to damage - the buff displayed to enemy units is several times as much (nothing strikes more fear in to a player than a 200% damage buff)!

Alone - The next time an ally of targeted unit takes damage the ally will appear (to the targeted unit) to have died. This effect lasts until the end of your next turn. The targeted unit will also take bonus damage while appearing to be dead.

Support Passives

Support Actives
Mind Control - Take over a unit for the rest of your turn, the unit has whatever MP,AP and Wakfu that you have, and can only cast spells in it's hot bar (the hotbar spells are determined in the same way as a Sram's clone - they are at least 1 from each element and all of the support actives, and then the rest are the highest level elemental spells that the unit has)

Well that is all I could think of so far, but it seems this would gear him towards fighting players rather than monsters.

posté February 28, 2012, 11:28:54 | #3
WOW, this is really awesome. I love the sketches!

posté March 23, 2013, 20:28:56 | #4
I LOVE the Road Sign Pole XD

-Xx Rayne

PS: This was very constructive, no? xD

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2010-01-09
posté April 03, 2013, 18:02:02 | #5
Do you have a deviantart galery or something ?
I'm sure you do !
Love the design and the weapons !

posté June 08, 2016, 22:12:31 | #6
great idea, we don't have any illusionist/mind-controller class yet, although the name doesn't make that much sense, have you tried playing by Wakfu's style and finding something in french and spell is backwards? Maybe Eniargim (Migraine backwards, both french and english share this word) complemented as "Eniargim eyes" and presto, sounds like a nice Wakfu mind-bending class  

posté June 09, 2016, 00:02:31 | #7
Well a lot of the mechanics of the original concept posted at outdated nowaday. Plus the very thought of swapping around people's hotkeys just screams inevitable bugs, espcially with the new deck system.

posté June 09, 2016, 14:03:25 | #8

Quote (Granthese @ 08 June 2016 22:12) *
great idea, we don't have any illusionist/mind-controller class yet, although the name doesn't make that much sense, have you tried playing by Wakfu's style and finding something in french and spell is backwards? Maybe Eniargim (Migraine backwards, both french and english share this word) complemented as "Eniargim eyes" and presto, sounds like a nice Wakfu mind-bending class
Actually only the original 10 gods have backwards names, also a god can have multiple folowers, with different names.

Quote (HealingHotness @ 09 June 2016 00:02) *
Well a lot of the mechanics of the original concept posted at outdated nowaday. Plus the very thought of swapping around people's hotkeys just screams inevitable bugs, espcially with the new deck system.

Well here's my idea list for abilities, that would work with the new systems:

Air - Accidents:

Stumble - Target a cell adjacent to an unit in your line of sight, pull the unit onto that cell and deal some damage.

Clumsy - The targeted enemy deals damage of his weapon to 4 adjacent cells.

Tangle - The first spell the target casts next turn, cast a copy on the caster (but only 10% damage)

Switcheroo - Swaps the elements of the target's spells for a turn.

Water - Confusion:

Switcheroo - Swaps the elements of the target's spells for a turn (and damage).

Telegraphed hit - Deals damage around yourself (4 cells) or a copy.

Illusion - Will create a random obstacle (tree, rock, barrel) at target location with 1 HP. You and your allies can walk onto the cell to destroy it.

Mirrage - Makes the target think it was teleported 2 cells in a random direction, after it moves 1 square it shows where it really is (it moves in the same direction relatively).
Actuall effect: Teleport 2 cells in a random direction, after it moves 1 square teleport to the relative position to the original location, if there's an obstacle it teleports it to the original location and remove 1 MP from it.

Uncertainty - Create a clone of yourself on the targeted cell, it appears to be identical to you, but dies if it takes damage or on your next turn.

Earth - Fear

Jumpscare - creates a traped cell, if an enemy steps on it it is pushed backwards 1 cell

Alone - Makes all enemies invisible and untargetable to the targeted enemy for 1 turn.

Doom - Makes the enemy appear to die until they start their turn, prevents spells that specifically affect all allies in range from affecting them.

Imminent doom - Creates a cell that has an ominous shadow over it for 1 turn, gives -2AP at the beginningof your next turn.

Divine intervention - The targeted enemy will be hit by a celestial hand if it uses WP (like the nun dungeon)

Specials:

Unnoticability - makes you invisible to the targeted enemy for 1 turn (3 turns cooldown, cannot be interupted), the enemy cannot see pointed cells for the duration.

Switcheroo - Swap with a targeted clone (uncertanty), no animation, can be cast on yourself as a fakeout.

Mirror - Copy all the spells of the targeted ally or enemy for a turn, the spells have your level.

Support Passives:

Hypnotic eyes - Removes 1MP from enemies that start their turn facing you (linear, range 2 cells)

Horror - Pushes back enemies that start their turn in contact with you

Fog of war - Enemies can't see you in the positioning phase

This post has been edited by cody5 - September 26, 2016, 14:15:57.
Reason for edit : MOAR SPELS
posté June 10, 2016, 19:53:47 | #9
hmm, didn't know about the name "rule". And this class does sound like a follower of Sram.

posté June 11, 2016, 17:55:12 | #10

Quote (Granthese @ 10 June 2016 19:53) *
hmm, didn't know about the name "rule". And this class does sound like a follower of Sram.
It could be Zelsphyr's mind, Zelsphyr's string, Zelsphyr's hand or Zelsphyr's game.
But please don't give it to Sram, he already rules 2 classes, Eniripsa or Feca maybe?
PS: Scratch that, I think Cra might be a better candidate (beauty to charm people?)

This post has been edited by cody5 - September 26, 2016, 14:15:57.