Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 27 Novamaire
Skank Hivin
The Skank Hivin festival owes its name to a Dragoturkey breeder. He was so jealous of his cousin, ...

No flash

Algebras' Accidents
Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-05-26
posté June 04, 2011, 11:22:41 | #1
Algebras' Accidents I was toying around with the idea of creating a class for Wakfu universe for a couple of days now and today I have finally took an effort of writing it down. So, here it is. Please comment and tell me if it's any good.

ALGEBRAS, derived from eng. "algebra" or fr. "algebre" and fr. "bras" - "arm". "Algebras" is both singular and plural.

General description: A class that might be summarized as "The Nerd" or "The Mad Scientist" of the World of 12. Algebras are obsessed with science, invention, experimenting and exploration. They can either lead a life of a peaceful scientists who live and work for the good of all or they can commit horrible atrocities to achieve their eccentric goals or prove their mad theories. Algebras' power doesn't come from any particular god but from their knowledge of fundamental laws of existence and their keen affinity to Wakfu, which they are able to utilize in somewhat whimsical and bizarre but effective spells that affect the very nature of any material, flesh, space and sometimes even time. To help them channel their exceptional mind capabilities and Wakfu into powerful energy able to alter things around them, Algebras use intricate contraptions that look like a madman's mix between elbow gloves, steam engine, powerplant, calculator, telescope and cute wodent cell phone strap. Algebras call the gloves "bras" (hence "bras in "Algebras") and are deeply fond of them.

Algebras use Earth, Water and Air elements in a way of linking them to a particular scientific field.

EARTH element skills. Based on physics and natural philosophy.

Apple of Revelation
Damage: 2 (lvl 1) - 29 (lvl 100)
Range: 2-4
Range attack type: direct
AP cost: 3
MP cost: -
WP cost: -
Area of effect: single tile
Special effect: 5% chance to stun the target at skill level 1 (10% at skill level 100)
Critical hit effect: damage: 3 (lvl 1) - 42 (lvl 100); 10% chance to stun the target at skill level 1 (20% at skill level 100)
Condition: -
Description: A basic midrange spell. Algebras throws a "bras"-accelerated apple at a target, effectively demonstrating the concept of gravitation and hoping to stun it.

Friction Affliction
Damage: 2 (lvl 1) - 35 (lvl 100)
Range: 1-3
Range attack type: indirect
AP cost: 4
Special effect: removes 1MP from target
Critical hit effect: damage: 3 (lvl 1) - 49 (lvl 100); removes 2MP from target
Description: Friction can hold back even the strongest effort. Algebras unleashes a mind attack through his "bras" that somehow physically weights a target's shoes (or feet, or paws, or wings). Go figure.

Reciprocal Action
Damage: 50% (lvl 1) - 100% (lvl 100)
Range: Self Range attack type: -
WP cost: 1
Special effect: The element of retaliation is opposite of the the attacking element. I.e. if Algebras is attacked with Water-based spell, the attacker is retaliated with Fire element.
Critical hit effect: -
Condition: Lasts 1 turn. Can only be cast once per turn.
Description: Every action always draws an equal and opposite reaction. Algebras concentrates Wakfu in his "bras" in order to retaliate a potential attack. If any enemy attacks Algebras while the skill is active, he will be retaliated with the opposite element. Damage is based on the percentage of damage received by Algebras (up to 100%).

Mister Magnetic

Damage: 3 (lvl 1) - 45 (lvl 100)
Range: 1-3 (straight line)
Area of effect: 9 tiles horizontal line (from casters point of view)
Special effect: 5% chance to stun both targets at skill level 1 (10% at skill level 100)
Critical hit effect: damage: 5 (lvl 1) - 67 (lvl 100); 10% chance to stun both targets at skill level 1 (20% at skill level 100)
Condition: Affects 2 targets that stand in 1 line with at least 3 tiles between them. Anyone (ally or enemy) caught between 2 affected targets also receives damage according to spell level.
Description: Some things are just drawn to each other for some unexplainable reason. Some call it fate, some call it love, Algebras calls it "Bang!". "Bras" draws 2 targets standing in 1 line (9 tiles horizontally from caster's point of view) together to the center of the line, damaging and potentially stunning them. Anyone caught between is also damaged.

IQ Artillery
Damage: depends on the distance between caster and target: 1 per 1 tile (lvl 1) - 12 per 1 tile (lvl 100); 25% of damage is inflicted upon Algebras himself upon impact (minimum 1 damage)
Range: 2-7 (straight line)
AP cost: 1 AP per tile between caster and target
MP cost: 1
Special effect: pushes back target up to 3 tiles away (depends on the distance between caster and target: 1 tile pushback per 2 tiles of distance)
Critical hit effect: damage: 2 per 1 tile (lvl 1) - 19 per 1 tile (lvl 100)
Description: Algebras attunes his "bras" with Wakfu that flows deep in the planet, sums up distance and velocity, divides it by the length of his hair and hurls himself towards the target, damaging and pushing it back. Algebras himself also suffers from the impact (25% of inflicted damage).

WATER element spell. Based on biology, physiology and psychology.

Environmental Crybaby
Damage: 1 (lvl 1) - 22 (lvl 100)
AP cost: 2
Special effect: 10% chance to decrease target's Attack Range by 1 at skill level 1 (30% at skill level 100) for 1 turn. -1AR effect stacks, if cast on the same same target repeatedly.
Critical hit effect: damage: 2 (lvl 1) - 37 (lvl 100); 15% chance to decrease target's Attack Range by 1 at skill level 1 (50% at skill level 100) for 1 turn
Description: Algebras knows everything about environment. With this "spell" he puts all his knowledge into explaining nature's loosing battle against environmental threats, which affects target's hidden kindness and makes it cry with the tears of regret. The tears of regret are universally known for hindering sight and small Water-based damage.

Cell Factory
Damage: -
Special effect: Heals 10% of targets' HP
Critical hit effect: Heals 15% of targets' HP
Condition: Cannot be cast on self
Description: Algebras' deep understanding of physiology allows them to regenerate the cells of a living organism using his "bras" as a tool. For some reason Algebras cannot regenerate their own cells. This may be due to their fear of body modification. The World of 12 is yet to see a tattooed and pierced Algebras.

Chaos Theory
Special effect: Randomly swaps target's skill levels for 1 turn. I.e. if target has 3 skills: skill #1 - 14 lvl, skill #2 - 3 lvl, skill #3 - 8 lvl, skill levels will swap randomly between them (i.e. skill #1 - 3 lvl, skill #2 - 14 lvl, skill #3 - 3 lvl). When cast on AI controlled character, it randomly grants one of the following effects: 1) -30% to damage, +20% to resistances; 2) -20% to resistances, +30% to damage; 3) -2 AP, +2MP; 4) -2MP, +2AP
Description: Once upon a time a time there was a boy Algebras who wanted to become a girl. He spent years experimenting with his "bras", genetics and Wakfu, but alas failed miserably. Though somewhere along the way he invented Chaos Theory that made a Cra shoot his own ears off.

PhD of Boring Arts
Damage: 2 (lvl 1) - 30 (lvl 100)
Range: 2-4
AP cost: 5
Area of effect: 3*3 tiles
Special effect: 5% chance to inflict "Drowsy" status at skill level 1 (10% at skill level 100) for 1 turn. Target under "Drowsy" status suffers a penalty to his skills AP cost (skills cost +1 AP more).
Critical hit effect: damage: 3 (lvl 1) - 44 (lvl 100); 10% chance to inflict "Drowsy" status at skill level 1 (20% at skill level 100) for 1 turn.
Description: Algebras begins lecturing about some difficult scientific abracadabra that is so obscure it actually physically damages unfortunate listeners and makes them really drowsy. Deals double damage to Iops... Just kidding.

Irreversible Reaction
Damage: special
Range: 1
Range attack type: -
AP cost: 6
WP cost: 4
Area of effect: 1 tile
Special effect: Gives target 95% resist to all elements and adds 75% to all his attack damage for 2 turns. By the end of target's 2nd turn after the Irreversible Reaction was cast upon him, target looses all its' HP and dies. Can be cast on allies.
Condition: Target must have 5-25% (5% at skill level 1; 25% at skill level 100) or less of his maximum HP. Cannot be cast twice on the same target (in case there are more than one Algebras present).
Description: Algebras gives his target a gentle touch with his "bras" and sets in motion a powerful cell reaction that grants the recipient great physical prowess and supernatural resistance. Unfortunately this reaction is irreversible and after a short period it results in a massive cardiac arrest that instantly kills the target.

AIR element skills. Based on astronomy and mathematics.

Stargust
Damage: 1 (lvl 1) - 25 (lvl 100)
Range: special
AP cost: 2
Area of effect: -
Special effect: Hits 2 random targets. If there are only 2 targets present on a battlefield (including caster), both targets are hit.
Critical hit effect: damage: 2 (lvl 1) - 33 (lvl 100). Hits 3 random targets.
Description: Algebras brilliant mind quickly calculates the possibility of a meteor shower. For some mysterious reason, the calculation is always positive and a couple of small meteors fall upon unsuspecting combatants.

Light of a Distant Star
Damage: 2 (lvl 1) - 30 (lvl 100)
Range: 2-6
Area of effect: 5 tiles, cross-shaped.
Special effect: 10% chance to inflict "Blindness" status at skill level 1 (25% at skill level 100) for 1 turn.
Critical hit effect: damage: 3 (lvl 1) - 47 (lvl 100). 20% chance to inflict "Blindness" status at skill level 1 (50% at skill level 100) for 1 turn.
Description: Algebras uses a mirror-lens on his "bras" to reflect a ray of light of a distant star that damages the targets caught in a small area and has a chance to blind them. This is probably the only practical use of the mirror-lens, in spite of whatever Algebras might tell you.

Horoscope's Letter
Range: 1-2 at skill level 1 (1-5 at skill level 100)
MP cost: 3
Special effect: Avoids attacks from a single targeted enemy for 1 turn - if targeted enemy attacks caster, his first attack damage will by reduced by 75%, his second attack by 50% and his third attack by 25%. Every consequent attack will deal normal damage. In addition, anyone who attacks targeted enemy will receive +2% to Critical Hits bonus at skill level 1 (10% at skill level 100) when hitting him.
Description: Reading horoscope gives you a hint of what will happen. Reading your enemy's horoscope will tell you what he is planning. Knowing your enemy's plans will make them easier to counter. What? You say, it's astrology, not astronomy? And it is not a science at all? Well, if it works, whatever.

Shortest Route
Range: 1-2 at skill level 1 (1-5 at skill level 100)
Special effect: Gives target a +2MP boost for 1 turn. In addition, gives target a 15% bonus to attack damage at skill level 1 ( 30% at skill level 100).
Description: Algebras calculates the shortest route from point A to point B, taking into account wind, terrain, target's physical condition, daytime, weather, wodent's fur color and thickness. The final calculation is so precise and effective it actually gives the target a bonus to movement and damage.

Algebrageddon
Damage: 7 (lvl 1) - 77 (lvl 100) at the epicenter (primary), 3 (lvl 1) - 33 (lvl 100) everywhere else (secondary)
Range: 1-3 at skill level 1 (1-10 at skill level 100)
AP cost: 6
WP cost: 4
Area of effect: 3*3 at skill level 1 (7*7 at skill level 100)
Special effect: The asteroid arrives in 3 turns. On the 2nd turn it drops a small shadow where it is going to hit. On 3rd and last turn before asteroid hits, it drops large shadow over exact area of effect. Those caught within receive primary epicenter damage. Everyone else on the battlefield receive secondary damage.
Critical hit effect: Deals additional physical damage (3( lvl 1) - 33 (lvl 100)) that cannot be resisted at the epicenter.
Description: It's big, it's bad and it's asteroid. Algebras' frantic calculations show where exactly will it land. First you will notice that all the Tofus are gone and it is a bit too quiet, then you will see a huge shadow, then the Badassteroid will obliterate you and everyone around.

SUPPORT SKILLS (special abilities)

Beautiful Mind
Type: Active
Range: Self
AP cost: -
WP cost: 3 at lvl 1-3; 2 at lvl 4
Skill point cost per level 1/2/3/4: 10/25/45/65
Special effect: Sets 1 arithmetic problem per every skill level (up to 4) for player to solve. The problems gradually increase in difficulty. Lvl 1 problem involves simple addition or subtraction of natural numbers, i.e. "23 + 56 = X", where X value is the answer. Lvl 2 problem involves multiplication and division, i.e. "47 x 9 = Y" where Y value is the answer. Lvl 3 problem utilizes previous 2 answers (X and Y) in slightly complicated fashion, i.e. "(X x 7) / (Y + 13) = Z", where Z is the answer. Lvl 4 problem utilizes all previous valuables (X, Y and Z) in a complex elementary arithmetics case, i.e. ""((X x Y) / 2 ) / Z) x 7 = ?" where ? is the answer. Every of the first 3 solved problem increase all element damage by 33% for 1 turn, up to 99% at level 3. Solved lvl 4 problem grants 99% critical hit chance bonus for 1 turn.
Description: Every action is a set number of variables, which Algebras know only too good. Thus, given a little bit of thought and calculation, any action's result can be be improved dramatically. First one to prove that was an old Algebras from Amakna, who tried to make his breakfast taste better, but instead calculated it to explode, blasting kitchen, Algebras himself and half of the village to pieces.

"New Town" Club Member
Type: Passive
Skill point cost per level 1/2/3/4: 15/30/45/60
Special effect: Adds 2% of stun chance per level (up to 8% at skill level 4) to Apple of Revelation, Reciprocal Action, Mister Magnetic and IQ Artillery skills. Lvl 4 also increases your total Dodge (including any item bonus you might have) by 5%.
Description: This is your "New Town" Club Member pass, awarded for your exceptional achievements in physical sciences. Level 0 pass grants you access to the Club's restroom for 5 Kamas. Level 4 pass grants you universal acknowledgment among fellow scientists and VIP club member status (restroom access is now free of charge).

"Darwin Duck" Club Member
Special effect: At skill level 1 reduces AP cost of Cell Factory by 1. At skill level 2 reduces AP cost of Chaos Theory by 1. At skill level 3 reduces AP cost of PhD of Boring Arts by 1. At skill level 4 reduces AP cost of Irreversible Reaction by 1. Lvl 4 also increases your total HP (including any item bonus you might have) by 5%.
Description: This is your "Darwin Duck" Club Member pass, awarded for your exceptional achievements in biology, physiology and psychology. You are an outstanding naturalist, and your personal charisma is irresistible. At least, that is what your Ego thinks.

"Hallelujah Halloween" Club Member
Special effect: At skill level 1 grants 3% percent bonus to Air Element attacks. At skill level 2 grants 8 % percent bonus to Air Element attacks. At skill level 3 grants 15% percent bonus to Air Element attacks. At skill level 4 grants 25% percent bonus to Air Element attacks. Lvl 4 also increases your total Initiative (including any item bonus you might have) by 5%.
Description: This is your "Hallelujah Halloween" Club Member pass, awarded for your exceptional achievements in solving the unsolvable, proving the unprovable and counting the uncountable. Some girls find it sexy. Most of them don't though.

Well, this is it for now. I would appreciate any feedback.

This post has been edited by Puroko - June 19, 2011, 07:36:48.
Reason for edit : added 4 Support Skills, Critical hit effects, Range attack types, some skill rebalancing and minor changes, corrections
posté June 09, 2011, 08:17:40 | #2
I aplaud you, this is very well done. The concept is very well devised, the names for the class and the attacks are all very "wakfuy", the attacks, themselves, are much well done and, at least to me, seem quite balanced.

The concept is very good, awhile back I had started a fanclass based solely on mathematics, I never quite got around to doing anything significant but I liked the idea.
Needless to say I would be an air Algebras, or so I would like to say, but, truthfully, though very well done, it was not to my liking =/
I'd be an earth Algebras, seems to be my style a little more, quite a nice strategy though it could move the enemies a bit more XD

Now, for the constructive (I would like to believe) feedback:

-The spells need to specify if they need or not Line of Sight;

-I find the class description a bit lacking, I might be wrong but I feel that, for such a class, they need a bit more of an.......and here's where my english fails, I would think both "eloquent or smart speech" but I don't think these are quite the words, I hope you understand my meaning through this ^^;

-I find the water tree lacking in mathematic concepts, 'might just be me, just thought to say it, though I don't really thik you will change it ^^;

I gotta say, I'm really impressed with this class, I would love to see it in the world of Wakfu and I'm eagerly waiting for the supportive spells ^^

posté June 16, 2011, 14:26:41 | #3
Nicely done I want to see the support spells as well

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2010-05-26
posté June 19, 2011, 07:53:46 | #4
Thank you for your feedback, guys I have added 4 support skills (I will come up with 2 more later), Critical Hit effect for every spell and range attack type. I hope you'll find it interesting.

Theophrasus, I have added "range attack type" line to skill descriptions ("direct" or "indirect"), addressing your line-of-sight suggestion. As for general description, yes, it is a bit too general, but it serves its purpose. I'm going to write something more detailed later, maybe a short story about a particular Algebras. I would also like to come up with some illustration to give an idea of how Algebras would look like. Or maybe some of the skilled artists out there are up to the task? I would really appreciate the fact, as my own skills may be lacking.

As for Water skills being less mathematical... Well, I based all skill trees on certain scientific fields, i.e. Earth = Physics; Air = Math and Astronomy; Water = Physiology and Biology. So I think Water skills are alright Anyways, thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it and would welcome more.

This post has been edited by Puroko - June 19, 2011, 07:54:53.
posté June 20, 2011, 05:54:31 | #5
No, sorry, my mistake, I did mean the air tree ^^. Now that I take a closer look, however, I think I was just being too narrow-minded.

Gotta love "spelltree oriented passive support skills"...............not as catchy as I thought it would be.

Question: When you say, i.e.: It cost 65 points for Lv4 in Beautiful Mind, does it mean that you pay that for the fourth level or, as I believe and hope it to be, that is the total amout to be spent on the skill for it to be lv4 overall?

They're all very interesting, though they made me more inclined to the water tree, it's always good to pay less AP for anything, but I still may have Darwin Duck only in the first level, and be an Earth Algebras with Cell Factory.

Then again, as much as I love the concept of Beautiful Mind and would be much pleased to have that kind of aspect introduced in an MMORPG I feel that it goes a bit against it's nature as, though the Algebras would naturally respond to all of the problems easily (I believe) a person that is playing with them could be unable of the same feat, rendering them incapable of drawing out something that is natural to the race with which he is playing. That cannot be allowed in an RPG of any kind, for the individual abilities of a person should not, as far as possible, influence in the character's capabilities. (Of course, this is much more my opinion than anything definite)

I find great that you wish to have drawings of them done. If you hadn't specified for skilled artists I would promptly volunteer ^^

'Love the work, it's the best fanclass ever created for Wakfu. I'm waiting for more XD

This post has been edited by Theophrasus - August 29, 2011, 01:08:45.
Reason for edit : correcting italic e.e
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2010-05-20
posté March 05, 2013, 21:10:02 | #6
I love the class concept, but I personaly think the name should be Alge-brass (as in metal and steampunk) because "bra" and gloves term is really obscure.

Otherwise the spells are great, exept the +2MP and -1MP spells are a little too powerfull, maybe the first one could give 1MP and be a special, the other could have 50% to remove 1MP.

The pasives are kinda bland (one for every element tree isn't a really good concept), bit i think it has great potential.

My sugestions:
Name: Quantum physics
Type: special
Target: self
Effect:
35% teleports 1 cell away, -1hp
25% teleports 2 cells away, -1%hp
20% teleports 3 cells away, -1%hp
15% teleports 4 cells away, -3%hp
5% teleports anywhere on the map, -5%hp
Description: Every atom has a chance to teleport anywhere, but the physics say that it's more probable the smaller this distance is. Forunately you managed to scale this up a bit and harmonise your atoms to actually arive at a relatively same place.

Name: Practical geometry
Type: passive
Effect: Earth tree spells have a 5-25% chance to chain
Description: Your understanding of physics has expanded beyond the theoretical world, and now has an impact on the phisical world (and your enemies).

Name: Probability theory
Effect: Each time an opponent uses an attack, algebrass has a 1-20% chance to face him and redirect the spell to the closest player on the field (or back at the opponent if it's an 1 on 1 battle)
Description: With the probability theory you can calculate the most probable location and course of action of your opponent, and gives you a chance to prepare yourself (works best on creatures with low IQ like gobballs or Iops).

Name: Mind over matter
Type: Spell (air)
Target: enemy
Effect: Phsicic asault, does bonus damage to sumons, no effect on mechanisms

Name: Magitech
Type: Special
Target: empty cell
Effect: Summons a "Clank" (robot) to assist him that (scales similar to a dhreler),
has a 5-25% chance each turn to replicate itself.
Description: "Any suficiently analised magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!"

Name: Thinker
Target: summon (clank or an ally's summon)
Effect:
On a clank: +5-50%damage, +0-2AP, +3-5MP, -50-25% resistance
On a summon: +5-15%damage, +0-1AP, +0-3MP, -25-15%resistance
5-10% chance to apply "overclocked" state, +2AP, +5MP, -50%HP
Description: The enhancement of one's own magical power is simply a function of correctly applying magical power.

Name: Music of the Gears
Target: Self or enemy
Effect:
On self: Clanks gain 10-50% resistance and 3MP and try to block opponents and group around you
On opponent: Clanks gain "Spark" state, +3-5MP +10-50%damage and try to engage the opponent than explode (like sacrificial doll)
Description: Every gear in place, every clank clacking in tune; do you hear it?

Name: Mathemagic
Effect:
Description: Using the power of Mathemagic, you can multiply power, subtract hope, and cube-root the dreams of man himself.

This post has been edited by cody5 - March 05, 2013, 23:46:43.