Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Ciryl's Song, An idea for a new class
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2006-06-20
posté August 01, 2011, 14:19:18 | #1
Ciryl's Song Character class : Ciryl's Song ( Ciryl = Lyric )
Main role : Support/Debuff
Growth (HP per level) : Low
Character info : From the "Twelvecopedia Of Splendor", Page 3978, by Gobbalus Anonymous - "Ciryls are the true artists in the world of 12. They wander back and forth, between the farthest ends of the world; and chant the oldest legends and tales. (...) Physical labour is not for them - the story-tellers do not know how to hunt or mine, but they would rhyme and dream out loud whenever you asked. And remember my friend, you should never try to pay for their art. Kamas have no value to them. The true Ciryl is gratified the most by loud applause; and the gifts from the bottom of your heart. (...) In harmony the Ciryls lived; they tamed the spirit of every beast, together with knowledge of earth, water and air - tremble those who harm the land."

EARTH branch skills :

* Poem of a rocking rose (Field)
Damage: 3 (lvl.0) - 30 (lvl.100) Earth-Type damage // Only enemies are hit. // Damage is taken every turn while in the range of the AoE // Caster of the skill is not affected
Range: Yourself only
AP cost: 3
MP cost: 2
WP cost: 1
Area of effect: 3x3 (lvl.0) - 5x5 (lvl.100)
Special effect chance: 100%
Lasting time: up to 1t (lvl.0) - 4t (lvl.100)
Special effect: All allies in range receive 10%+(0.2*Skill_Level)% less damage.
Description: Ciryl summons cute demonic rose's spirits that rocks around him/her. All enemies in range take damage. Allies, on the other hand, get buffed and receive less damage.

* Song of resistance I (Field)
Damage: - // Caster of the skill is not affected
AP cost: 4
MP cost: 1
WP cost: 2
Area of effect: 2x2 (lvl.0) - 5x5 (lvl.100)
Special effect: Enemies' earth resistance is lowered by (0.3*Skill_Level)%. Allies' earth resistance is increased by (0.3*Skill_Level)%.
Description: The area around Ciryl blooms and thrives. Enemies' resistance to earth-type damage is lowered while allies' resistance is increased.

* Tremendous Chord
Damage: 1 (lvl.0) - 20 (lvl.100) Earth-Type damage // Never-ending performance affects the skill
Range: 2-5/6 (circular/in all directions)
MP cost: 0
WP cost: 0
Area of effect: Jumps from an enemy to an enemy. Jumps 3 times. Each jump deals 25% more damage.
Special effect chance: 10%+(0.20*Skill Level)%
Lasting time: 1t (Daze)
Special Effect: Daze - Target will receive more damage from next hits; (0.3*Skill Level)% more damage
Description: Ciryl plays and shoots and insanely loud chord at his/her enemies. The skill has a low chance to Daze the affected enemies.

* Batofu's Din
Damage: 1 (lvl.0) - 20 (lvl.100) Earth-Type damage // Never-ending performance affects the skill
Range: 1-5 (Circular/in all directions
Area of effect: Single-Target (lvl.0) - 4x4 (lvl.100)
Special effect chance: 25%+(0.25*Skill_Level)%
Lasting time: up to 1t (lvl.0) - 5t (lvl.100)
Special Effect: Life steal - Done damage is transferred to Ciryl as HP. (Heals Ciryl)
Description: Ciryl uses his talent to summon screaming Batofu's spirits. All enemies in range lose HP. Lost HP is transferred to Ciryl in order to heal him.

* Quaggy Chorus
Damage: -
Range: 1 (Cross)
AP cost: 5
Area of effect: -
Lastin time: Until Ciryl or his companion is dead
Special effect: Summon a random Earth-Type/Earth Eco System? monster. Monster's level and power is equal to a level of the skill.
Description: Ciryl calls on his befriended earth spirits to aid him in battle.

WATER branch skills :

* Hymn of the toads (Field)
Area of effect: 4x4 (lvl.0) - 6x6 (lvl.100)
Special effect: All enemies in range inflict 10%+(0.2*Skill_Level)% less damage. All allies in range are healed for 5+(0.5HP*Skill_Level).
Description: Ciryl summons toad's spirits that let loose a mighty croak. All enemies in range lose movement points while allies are healed.

* Song of resistance II (Field)
Special effect: Enemies' water resistance is lowered by (0.3*Skill_Level)%. Allies' water resistance is increased by (0.3*Skill_Level)%.
Description: Ciryl wreaths the field in icy mist. Enemies' resistance to water-type damage is lowered while allies' resistance is increased.

* Submerging Melody (Field)
WP cost: 3
Area of effect: 3x3 (lvl.0) - 6x6 (lvl.100)
Special effect chance: 20%+(0.3*Skill_Level)%
Special effect: All enemies in range lose -1AP (lvl.0), -2AP (lvl.50), -3AP (lvl.100). All allies in range receive +1AP (lvl.0), +2AP (lvl.50), +3AP (lvl.100)
Description: Ciryl summons water spirits that sucks life force from enemies. All enemies in range lose Action Points while allies gain them.

* A Dopple's Epic
Damage: ??? Water-Type damage // Never-ending performance affects the skill
Range: 1-5
Area of effect: ???
Special effect chance: ???
Lasting time: ???
Special Effect: ???
Description: Ciryl summons a Dopple's spirit that uses a random skill on an enemy/ally. Used skill's property is changed to Water-Type. Skills of all characters and monsters are available.
Used skill's level is equal to "A Dopple's Epic" level.

* Pluvial Final
Special effect: Summon a random Water-Type/Water Eco System? monster. Monster's level and power is equal to a level of the skill.
Description: Ciryl calls on his befriended water spirits to aid him in battle.

AIR branch skills :

* Gobbal's lullaby (Field)
Damage: 2 (lvl.0) - 20 (lvl.100) Air-Type damage // Only enemies are hit. // Damage is taken every turn while in the range of the AoE // Caster of the skill is not affected
WP cost: 3
Area of effect: 3x3 (lvl.0) - 5x5 (lvl.100)
Special effect chance: 20%+(0.2*Skill_Level)%
Special effect: All enemies in range lose -1MP (lvl.0), -2MP (lvl.50), -3MP (lvl.75). All allies in range receive +1MP (lvl.0), +2MP(lvl.50), +3MP(lvl.100)
Description: Ciryl summons gobbal's spirits that croon a lullaby. All enemies in range inflict less damage. Allies, on the other hand, receive bonus movement points.

* Song of resistance III (Field)
Special effect: Enemies' air resistance is lowered by (0.3*Skill_Level)%. Allies' air resistance is increased by (0.3*Skill_Level)%.
Description: Ciryl brings down the stars. Enemies' resistance to air-type damage is lowered while allies' resistance is increased.

* Whispering Echoes (Field)
Damage: 2 (lvl.0) - 20 (lvl.100) Air-Type damage // Only enemies are hit. // Damage is taken every turn while in the range of the AoE // Caster of the skill is not affected
Special effect chance: (Enemies) Failure 20%+(0.25*Skill_Level)% // (Allies) No WP lost 10%+(0.25*Skill_Level)%
Special effect: All enemies in range can fail using WP based skills. Allies get chance to not lose WP when using WP based skill.
Description: Ciryl let loose a horrendous howl that summons spirits of dead heroes. All enemies in range cannot use skills that require Wakfu Points.
Allies get a chance of not losing any Wakfu Points while using skills.

* Fluffy Ensemble (Field)
Damage: 2 (lvl.0) - 20 (lvl.100) Air-Type damage // Only enemies are hit // Damage is taken every turn while in the range of the AoE // Caster of the skill is not affected
Special effect chance: 25%+(0.25*Skill_Level)%
Special effect: Enemies lose HP while moving or using skills. 2HP lost per 1AP/1MP/1WP used (lvl.0) - 20HP lost per 1AP/1MP/ used (lvl.100). Effect is doubled when using WP based skills, and always occurs. (100%)
Allies recover HP while moving or using skills. 3HP healed per 1AP/1MP/1WP used (lvl.0) - 25HP healed per 1AP/1MP used (lvl.100). Effect is doubled when using WP based skills, and always occurs. (100%)
Description: Ciryl summons variety of celestial creatures' spirits, and performs with them. The soft melody of the song can be heard even in Incarnam.

* Tempestuous Romance

Special effect: Summon a random Air-Type/Air Eco System? monster. Monster's level and power is equal to a level of the skill.
Description: Ciryl calls on his befriended air spirits to aid him in battle.

Specialized skills :

* Nightly curtain (Active)
Damage: - // Never-ending performance affects the skill. (In order to cancel enemy's field)
Max level: 3
Range: Yourself or another Ciryl in range, 1-4 (lvl.0) - 1-8 (lvl.100)
AP cost: 3 (lvl.0) - 2 (lvl.1-2) - 1 (lvl.3)
MP cost: 2 (lvl.0-1) - 1 (lvl.2-3)
Lasting time: -
Special effect: Allows Ciryl to finish his/her performances.
Description: Ciryl summons a magical curtain that stops any performances of Ciryls. (One use cancels one field.)

* Spiritual Transfer (Active)
Damage: - // Never-ending performance affects the skill
Range: Any character in the field's range
AP cost: 0
MP cost: 3
Lasting time: 1t
Special effect: Level 1: Transfers all Ciryl's AP to a selected character. Level 2: Transfers all Ciryl's AP+1 to a selected character. Level 3: Transfers all Ciryl's AP+2.
Description: Ciryl performs a soul-uniting serenade, and transfers his strength to an ally. The ally gains bonus Action Points.

* Never-ending performance (Passive)
Range: -
AP cost: -
MP cost: -
WP cost: -
Special effect: Level 1: Active Fields +1 (2). Level 2: Enable Ciryl to use other skills while performing. Level 3: Active Fields +2 (3) (Passive)
Description: Ciryl is allowed to activate more than 1 field at once. (Passive)

* The Anthem of harmony (Active)
Damage: - // Never-ending performance affects the skill
Max level: 4
Range: 1-4 (Circular) (lvl.0) - 1-6 (Circular) (lvl.4)
AP cost: 0
Special effect: Level 0: Transfers 30% of Ciryl's HP to a target. Level 1: Transfers 35% of Ciryl's HP to a target, +5% bonus HP
Level 2: Transfers 40% of Ciryl's HP to a target, +10% bonus HP. Level 3: Transfers 45% of Ciryl's HP to a target, +15% bonus HP
Level 4: Transfers 50% of Ciryl's HP to a target, +20% bonus HP
Description: Ciryl's performs an anthem for his allies in need. Selected ally gain a part of Ciryl's HP. The higher the level, the more HP is gained.

* Transcendal Meditation (Passive)
Special effect: Level 1: Increases stats of summoned monsters by 10%. Adds additonal 5% resistance to Fire, Water, Air and Earth.
Level 2: Increases stats of summoned monsters by 20%. Adds additonal 15% resistance to Fire, Water, Air and Earth.
Level 3: Increases stats of summoned monsters by 30%. Adds additonal 25% resistance to Fire, Water, Air and Earth.
Description: Ciryl increases his spiritual capability in order to aid his ghostly companions.

* Spiritual Link (Passive)
Special effect: Level 0: Max summons = 0,
Level 1: Max summons = 1, AIR, EARTH and WATER fields' damage is increased by 7%
Level 2: Max summons = 2, AIR, EARTH and WATER fields' damage is increased by 14%
Level 3: AIR, EARTH and WATER fields' damage is increased by 28%
Description: Ciryl increases his spiritual powers in order to connect with more spirits.

* Melody of absorption (Passive)
Range: 1-5 (lvl.0)(Circular), 1-6(lvl.1)(Circular), 1-7(lvl.2)(Circular), 1-8(lvl.3)(Circular), 1-9(lvl.4)(Circular)
Special effect: Level 0: Whenever an enemy dies, Ciryl gains 1WP.
Level 1: Whenever an enemy dies, Ciryl gains 1WP. +12% to gain additonal 1WP.
Level 2: Whenever an enemy dies, Ciryl gains 1WP. +24% to gain additonal 1WP.
Level 3: Whenever an enemy dies, Ciryl gains 1WP. +36% to gain additonal 1WP.
Level 4: Whenever an enemy dies, Ciryl gains 1WP. +48% to gain additonal 1WP.
Description: Ciryl plays the melody of absorption that attracts spirits of his enemies.

* Memorize (Active)
AP cost: 6
MP cost: 3
Special effect: Level 0: Ciryl can memorize 0 elemental spells used by an enemy or an ally on him during the fight.
Level 1: Ciryl can memorize 1 elemental spells used by an enemy or an ally on him during the fight. Memorized spells are 50% weaker than the original.
Level 2: Ciryl can memorize 2 elemental spells used by an enemy or an ally on him during the fight. Memorized spells are 50% weaker than the original.
Level 3: Ciryl can memorize 2 elemental spells used by an enemy or an ally on him during the fight. Memorized spells have their full power.
Description: Ciryl observes the fight diligently, and tries to memorize as many moves as possible.

* Mime (Active)
Damage: Original damage // Affected by Memorize skill level
Range: Original range of the skill
AP cost: (Original cost of the spell*2.5) (lvl.0) - (Original cost of the spell*2) (lvl.1) - (Original cost of the spell*1.5) (lvl.2) - (Original cost of the spell) (lvl.3)
MP cost: (Original cost of the spell*2) (lvl.0) - (Original cost of the spell*1.5) (lvl.1-2) - (Original cost of the spell) (lvl.3)
WP cost: (Original cost of the spell+2) (lvl.0-2) - (Original cost of the spell+1) (lvl.3)
Area of effect: Original range
Lasting time: Original lasting time
Special effect: Uses a memorized spell
Description: Ciryl uses one of spells he/she has memorized.

* Bubbly Ditty (Active) (Field-like)
Lasting time: 1t (lvl.0) - 2t (lvl.1-2) - 3t (lvl.3-4)
Special effect: Level 0: Taken damage is shared with the attacker, 5% of damage is countered.
Level 1: Taken damage is shared with the attacker, 10% of damage is countered.
Level 2: Taken damage is shared with the attacker, 15% of damage is countered.
Level 3: Taken damage is shared with the attacker, 20% of damage is countered.
Level 4: Taken damage is shared with the attacker, 25% of damage is countered.
Description: Ciryl plays a soft, melodic tune that counters some of the damage back to the enemy. Cannot counter weapon's damage.

So, this is my idea for a new class. This character class is meant to be closely connected with Eco System, that's why most of the skills require WP. Don't bother with any values like damage or status % chance. It is not well-balanced. It is just to show the main idea.
I hope you like my character class. ^^'

posté August 02, 2011, 03:45:09 | #2
You really thought this shit out. huh how long have you been thinking of a new class ? did you think of how they look like? it would be awesome if you put out some drawings of concept art. I hope someone from the admin see's this.

posté August 02, 2011, 06:34:43 | #3
Thanks! I spent about 2 or 3 hours on this character. Once I start, I can spend really long hours creating, brainstorming ideas and balancing already written/released stuff. I am never satisfied with things I create though. I know that I just need to stop at some point. Days are too short!
My dream job is being a professional game designer, and mmorpgs are a great opportunity to learn. I believe it's a great practice when you can create and share new content ideas, even if it's just for fun.

I don't know if admins look at this section of international forum; I think they focus more on the French one.

Here is a random concept art for a female Cyril. I thought it might fit-in. It was originally used for my other character, from my own mmo concept.

This post has been edited by Butterflyx - August 02, 2011, 06:45:30.
posté August 03, 2011, 02:13:13 | #4

Quote (Butterflyx @ 02 August 2011 06:34) *
Thanks! I spent about 2 or 3 hours on this character. Once I start, I can spend really long hours creating, brainstorming ideas and balancing already written/released stuff. I am never satisfied with things I create though. I know that I just need to stop at some point. Days are too short!
My dream job is being a professional game designer, and mmorpgs are a great opportunity to learn. I believe it's a great practice when you can create and share new content ideas, even if it's just for fun.

I don't know if admins look at this section of international forum; I think they focus more on the French one.

Here is a random concept art for a female Cyril. I thought it might fit-in. It was originally used for my other character, from my own mmo concept.

THIS IS FREAKING SICK !!! SOO DETIALED shit man !! and this is pencil ? right ? man this is too detailed for wakfu hahahah im just saying hahahha ..

and yea its my dream job too being a game designer, I am studying it right now. I wanted to do this but I don't have much like scanner or any tablets that may copy my output and save it as a digital output or at least concepts.

can I ask you a favor can you post a guy version of the Cyril or maybe a guy version. but really man !! this is sick as hell. sooooooo fucking detailed ( sorry cuz that's how I express myself if it's really cool. man post more. please I'm begging you.

posté August 03, 2011, 19:17:24 | #5
Thanks! I didn't draw this. It was drawn by my friend, based on the description I had provided. If you like the art style you can visit my deviantart profile at Click here
I used to upload concept art for my mmorpg project there. It is pretty dead right now, sadly.

This post has been edited by Butterflyx - August 03, 2011, 19:17:46.
posté August 27, 2011, 18:52:48 | #6
Congrats, definitely one of my favorite class concepts for wakfu.
I find that both your Cyril and Puroko's Algebras wouldn't have any problem becoming a class in it.

Your spells are great and even balanced really. They don't do much damage but, then again, this isn't a damage class.

I would definitely try to play with it, I really like area effects and any class that summons is worth my while XD.
I did imagine them with minstrel clothes and a violin though, I was somewhat disapointed but, in the end, it's just a matter of taste, the art is very well done and the concept fits, damn. XD

And you will not make me believe you created this epicness in less than 3 hours >.<
I still wanna see the art for the male as well and hope you can keep improving this excellent class you created o/

This post has been edited by Theophrasus - August 29, 2011, 01:01:40.
Reason for edit : correcting italic e.e
posté October 18, 2011, 12:52:28 | #7
This reminds me of Ragnarök Online. Wasn't there a bard/muse character that could influence the battle with his hymns? some were direct damage dealers, but most worked by buffing your friends or debuffing the enemies, if I recall.