Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

BrainInAJar's profile
Statistics
3814 Posts (3.93 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 22:17:12 | #1
I want to talk about what made round 2 really work. its not that there where two combos that allowed for exciting levels of damage. (first turn poison and 2 turn destructives using piercing and beacon) i mean that was nice but...

its that most of the spell costs worked together. we had a lot of 3 ap spells. 3 in air, 1 in fire, 2 in earth, and of them we actually wanted to use most of them (plague in poison and in riddle combo to get sharpened.) thats gone by the wayside, by making storm undesirable (by nerfing its damage ratio,) and forcing us to use homing to make the poison combo work in one turn. and by making a beacon based riddle combo pointless. our 5 ap spells benefited from using beacons. they still do but one is kind of mediocre now. it cant even stack 30 riddle in one turn. the other was always mediocre but at least it still does 30 riddle.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 22:19:52.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #825639  Replies : 31  Views : 1324
posté Today - 21:16:38 | #2
if focusing fire, (or water)

geo to 10-14,
mine mover max,
treasure tracker max,

when those are done:
then your choice of

prime of life max
phone a friend max
faking it max
not dead yet max

when those are done:
then

geo to max

once thats done:
then your choice of
blessing
hellzerker
clumsy

as for the stat points:
all initiative
all crit then crit damage
spread your damage/res out (its all damage/elemental res)
10 hp then 10 res then 5 regen then the rest in hp
ap then mp then range

and always gear for range. (helmets, ammys, weapons)

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 21:23:39.
Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #825617  Replies : 10  Views : 111
posté Today - 21:09:40 | #3

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 January 2015 20:55) *
Them removing mp from cra spells gives me hope that theyll remove mp from coward branch when our revamp comes
removed mp, made all the damage/ap ratios suck. sure we get to walk more, but now those spells do a lot less damage.

only spells with above average damage are now rereat, destructive, and the single target spells utilizing the elusive mechanic. (and poison if it applies its poison, rain if you use incisive strike, but a 7 ap spell combo is weird.)

we can still do first turn poison or 2 turn destructive, but our options on doing so have been somewhat limited

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 21:24:34.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825615  Replies : 983  Views : 35260
posté Today - 19:22:13 | #4
------------------------------------------ROUND THREE-----------------------------------------------------

I get it we got too strong with round 2, but this nerf... some of it seemed to go too far...

on poison arrow:
first off the new combo to do a turn one poison is either eagle + 3 homing + poison (11 ap) or eagle+ 2 homing+plague+poison. the base damage for turn 1 is now 402. turn 2 dependant on what you cast next but whatever the volley + 125 air. this combo now requires a real investment in air, or you can just figure turn 1 poison is out.

it was said damage was adjusted to make up for poisons cost, but it wasn't. it used to have a ratio of 100/3 = 33.3 damage/ap. now it has 125/5 = 25 damage/ap. so no, the damage was not adjusted accordingly. it was adjusted downward along with the cost being adjusted upward. (keep in mind ap cost greatly outweighs wp and mp cost to a player)

there is nothing exciting about 25/ap. thats just average.

homing arrow was not changed so it still has the abysmal 21/ap damage ratio. i guess because the range is so good? I still think the ratio needs to come up on homing for players to take it seriously. msybr not to 20, but like 19.5, 19.3? at least let it compare to aoes. it might have great range but its a garbage spell. if we are being forced to use this in our rotation to make posion arrow worthwhile, make this spell worthwhile too.

Storm Arrow:
no more mp. ok. its ratio is 69/3 ap non elusive 82/3 ap if elusive and reach. i guess we get those two steps to try and maximize our damage with our passive effects, but this one really hurts the bread and butter spell of the cra... in round 2, with 1 mp, it was 84 with and 105 without. a ratio of 23 or 27 respectively. huge nerf. might still consider it if I use air at all, but the damage output of the cra has dipped for this adjustment. and for what? even if we use the two steps to get powerful shootings 10% final that just makes the spell base about 76 and 100 respectively. still weaker than round 2. (where we had the damage base and the buffs from a pre-nerfed powerful shooting) that this still requires reach to activate still seems too limiting to me. maybe reduce how much reach it costs or have it add a little (5) reach if it doesnt consume reach. (if you arent elusive or dont have 10 reach) that would make the spell synergize with its own 3/turn restriction.

the reduction in cost to incisive, lets it be 200 damage for 7 ap (3 turn cooldown) instead of rain of arrows 200 for 8 ap. that leaves 5 ap on a 12 ap build to come up with another useful amount of damage. and you arent going to find that in the earth branch for 5 ap. which brings me to:

piercing arrow
it only riddles the targetted mob (10 stacks) and only bounces off a beacon if the beacon is target #1. so this spell can only give you 10 riddle for 5 or 7ap. might as well take riddle off all together, and give back damage.
see the damage was reduced to 74/5 if you hit the target directly. beacon costs 2 and adds 29 damage itself, and makes your target mob the second in bounce. so for 7 ap this spell does 115+29 = 144 damage. or for the whole round 12 ap 288 damage and a 20 riddle stacks. thats garbage. you get more riddle from using burning arrow . as for aoes, this is now the worst in the cra line up.

lashing arrow: i just dont get the 8 riddled thing. what was the logic with that?

voracious arrow: i see its damage was reduced to average from slightly above average (100/4ap down from 105/4ap) (the extra 1% leach doesnt effect damage as far as i can tell. just how much hp you recover) again reduction to average base damages with no way to improve the ratio is disheartening.

the only spells we have left that are "good" for damage are the ST elusive spells and the fire and air 5th spells (the ones that are supposed to be big) storm isnt big anymore. even with elusive its less than average damage. i get that its aoe but for all its restrictions its pretty shabby.

i guess with most of the spells clocking in at average or below average ratio, this revamp just isn't very exciting. the big combos in round 2 were exciting. now they are okay but air is too cumbersome to achieve. at least you can do earth with only two earth spells.
it feels to me like this class has the damage of a support class now, on average.

and again synergy would still be much improved if eagle eye also reversed reach and flamboyant stacks (so you could stack flamboyant, eagle eye, and have it be reach instead.)

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 21:53:42.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #825579  Replies : 31  Views : 1324
posté Today - 19:16:01 | #5
as i feared piercing doesnt bounce to a beacon only from a beacon

so its now absolute garbage. only one stack of 10 riddling per shot either way.

that combo completely COMPLETELY destroyed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825574  Replies : 983  Views : 35260
posté Today - 18:59:54 | #6
WTB - makaspecting rings (any level) have 4 but need more to flesh out my enu army (for when heroes comes)

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #825566  Replies : 0  Views : 19
posté Today - 18:53:58 | #7
lets try 8 doll sadis and a kro

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825563  Replies : 20  Views : 343
posté Today - 18:50:44 | #8
dude i have two level 50 snoofles already, i dont need no snoofle

side note, affordable golden hit the market, and one of the croums sold so its like i traded for a golden surimi (and made a little profit)

Thread : News  Preview message : #825561  Replies : 28  Views : 287
posté Today - 18:41:25 | #9
if i can sell this withered bp i have on the board im prolly gonna buy that cwown.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #825558  Replies : 1  Views : 29
posté Today - 18:13:46 | #10
im selling them. i hope affordable goldens and dragoons show up on the market :/

i bought two more and both were growth kibble. once i get the pet i want thouigh BANG ZOOM to level 50.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 18:14:07.
Thread : News  Preview message : #825549  Replies : 28  Views : 287
posté Today - 18:12:28 | #11
first time through the trick is to find a lot of stuff you can kill fast (preferably huddled together). so dungeons that you technically outelevel work well for this.

get a multiman or two.

once viable the riktus badgoat has this thing where if he moves he doesnt attack. hes about level 40 but its fun to kite this guy (even 1 step) until it no longer provides decent experience.

beyond that im sure there are levelling guides in the guide section.

Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #825548  Replies : 10  Views : 111
posté Today - 18:08:06 | #12
for raids, im sure

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825547  Replies : 20  Views : 343
posté Today - 17:51:52 | #13
chat is broken too

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825539  Replies : 983  Views : 35260
posté Today - 17:46:09 | #14
spell interface broken, cant open up tab to even look at them see title. gonna have to hotfix this one pretty fast guys.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #825535  Replies : 0  Views : 17
posté Today - 17:42:05 | #15
its up

but spell interface is broken. cant even look at it

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 17:43:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825533  Replies : 983  Views : 35260
posté Today - 17:37:31 | #16
i think air has a little cohesion. i wish poison and storm gave like 5 reach when not consuming it.

at least storm so that you could stormx2 to unlock the full damage of the third shot.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825530  Replies : 983  Views : 35260
posté Today - 17:33:28 | #17
if you want a point and shoot class cra is it, but enu is almost it. the only interesting mechanic (that you might call headache) is dealing with mines. once your geology is up high enough this, for me, becomes a non-issue. it might be a bigger deal at low levels.

but yes fire will give the best results solo/duo. the scalding mechanic is a headache so you can avoid it, or if duo have one enu handle scaldinbg (and throw a bunch of damage using firedamp) and have the other enu scalding bomb with their dog. (throw dog next to mob, use fusion)

and sorry by dog i mean drheller. idk if they were called dogs as a slang in dofus.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 17:34:09.
Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #825526  Replies : 10  Views : 111
posté Today - 17:28:37 | #18

Quote (Alvaro1989 @ 30 January 2015 17:10) *
Is beta on now?
looks like its updating finally (but still "server down for maintenance")

Quote (Thannas @ 30 January 2015 17:24) *
Overall, I was very underwhelmed by cra revamp. I come back today to see if it looks better... It looks like everything was nerfed. Whereas Iop - everything air related was buffed. Hmmm...
its still better than unrevamped cra, just less exciting round 3, than it was round 2

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 17:30:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825525  Replies : 983  Views : 35260
posté Today - 16:52:36 | #19
they changed the cost of things. 5ap poison is kind of a big deal. that means for a first turn poison you have to place reach with a much lower damage spell. and lowered base damages. distance damage to single target hurts. distance applies to basically all cra spells.

on the flip side removed mp from some spells which is nice because then we can use it to generate crit and chd.

we can still do destructive every 2 turns but its much harder to pull off.

they took base damages of spells that frankly were too meh for me to take seriously in the first place.

Quote (Lynn-Reiginleif @ 30 January 2015 16:51) *
About cra changes: lots of drops in damage...weren't people complaining the damage wasn't high enough?
then someone posted a gif of a cra backstabbing a 0% res mr punchy for 11k damage with destructive arrow and HOMG TOO MUCH DMG. the damage redux to piercing makes that a much weaker combo over two turns as well. was only (level 200) 385 base damage averaged over two turns to begin with. I guess its not clear what the base damage availablity they want for cra is.

It would be nice if it was exciting.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - January 30, 2015, 16:56:40.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #825516  Replies : 983  Views : 35260
posté Today - 16:50:45 | #20
the only duo synergy comes from 2 earth enus one draining mp the other draining hypermovement.

that said the key to soloing with an enu (or cra) in early levels is definitely aoe, and fire wins there.

Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #825512  Replies : 10  Views : 111