Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

BrainInAJar's profile
Statistics
2739 Posts (3.14 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 21:19:52 | #1
it seems clear to me what you are really asking for is a way to get rentaswag with kama.

(ofc in dofus if they offered this, you could still buy them with kama via the ogrine exchange.)

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 21:21:20.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789753  Replies : 37  Views : 690
posté Today - 21:17:50 | #2
if you enjoy a product, it is worth supporting.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789752  Replies : 31  Views : 564
posté Today - 21:01:21 | #3
that'd be a shame. (its always buggy! didnt stop them the last two years. oh god ive been playing for over two years.)

these developments, re: rentaswag, are fine, is my point. real money for digital content is how f2p makes money.

this is no where near p2w. and the "it opens the door" argument is a logical fallacy. one should argue potion of wise fortune already opened the door to temporary buffs for dollars.

but lets face it, we love those.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 21:01:42.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789745  Replies : 37  Views : 690
posté Today - 20:49:18 | #4
Ye olde slippery slope fallacy.

oh god I just googled live items, and i hope you mean livitinems... I kinda want those.

I for one don't understand making any botique item no-trade. The people that will buy them for themselves will, the people who wont buy them won't, but you exclude the people who will buy them to sell for kama. so why restrict the customer base to only those who will buy them?

Quote (Heartyace @ 23 October 2014 20:46) *
Which is funny because there's a beta server with several volunteers to test out content before released. Not that they really take feedback, from what we're currently seeing.

Your answers to my problems are moot though, because you took different meaning out of them. My opinion on the mounts has nothing to do with how with how they released Mounts instead of adding more accessible dragos which were already there as travel device . Thus useless content.

Same goes with bugs (which there are a lot of, but not what I was referring to. Elements weren't a problem for them, till they realised they could be free up time by [Making all equipment accessible for all elements]. Then there was the by removing the stat able AP, they had to include Epics. Which increased the gap between the player base, while making the game less free. So they just revamped the whole system.

It's acceptable to make previously free content to paid content on a whim because you need money. Oh ok.

I'll wait for the event, if I'm wrong. I apologize. But currently all I see is Cash shop items being released.

still not useless, 50% speed bonus is wonderful, and they are aesthetically pleasing. so more useful than a costume. hence not useless.

the second paragraph makes a lot of assumptions about coder motivation. I think its more likely they wanted to improve the game experience, not that elements were a problem. and I didn't see epics as a stop gap for statted 12/7 builds... but rather an answer to droppable relics. this is added content. you complain there isnt added content, and then tear down the content they did add. (so who is moot here? it is not me)

the content was time fenced exlusive content, it was free for the lucky few, that doesnt garauntee even the content we currently consider free to be free. ankama is a company. ankama needs to make a profit.

last year they released ghoul cosume in cash shop as well, but they also had an event. be prepaired for bugs though, halloween is always so buggy they end up giving away the rewards (like wizard costume way back when, and the book shelf last year.)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789741  Replies : 37  Views : 690
posté Today - 20:44:58 | #5
who was in charge of recoding hoola hoopiwi for no rmal mode? you flagged the normal piwi keys to drop in the dungeon instead of celestial piwi keys! I knew something was wrong when I went in with 6 keys (using 3 for me and my MM) and came out with 9.

the celestial keys drop in easy mode - for all those young otomai grinders getting confounded with a lack of celestial keys - do it on easy.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789738  Replies : 0  Views : 33
posté Today - 20:12:26 | #6
i have a boohemoth ill part with

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #789734  Replies : 1  Views : 48
posté Today - 19:59:56 | #7

Quote (Heartyace @ 23 October 2014 19:55) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 23 October 2014 17:46) *
It's really sad when I started playing other games and they release an update in half the time I expected them to and I sit here and realize that i'm just so used to dealing with ankamas shitty bullshit that I literally have no idea what its like to enjoy a game
Wakfu isn't fun anymore, the journey was and now the endgame is meh. But we're digressing.

Ankama being understaffed doesn't give the reason to:

1. Code useless content instead of improving or making content. (Looking at you mounts)

2. Constantly make mistakes and resolve them when it's taxing on them (Looking at you elements) and (Epics)

3. Recycle content and use it as a marketing strategy (Rental costumes)

4. This one just got to me, not host any seasonal events (Where's the Halloween event?)

Every mmo is hosting a Halloween event and we get cash shop. It's just pitiful.

1) just because you don't find value in something doesnt make it useless. I love mounts. mounts count as making content, btw.

2) buggier code could be the result of low staff. (less play testers anyway)

3) generating income is the solution to the problem, so yeah I guess if theres an income problem, recycling old content to generate revenue is a decent idea. don't have to pay graphic artists, minimal coding required, new source of revenue. I hope someone got a bonus for suggesting it. the downside is people who don't like the costume probably won't wear it just for the buff unless they are HARDCORE SUPERPLAYER HAVE TO BE THE BEST UNGHHHHHHH.

4) it isnt even halloween yet, last year al howlin lasted for a couple weeks after halloween.

the problem I see with f2p is it brings out you entitlement kiddies who want everything for free but don't undstand employees need to recieve paychecks. ankama is not staffed by volunteers.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 20:04:55.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789731  Replies : 37  Views : 690
posté Today - 19:56:39 | #8
does anyone (mango) have a description of the item balance algorithm? See if the public knew what the balance was supposed to be, however complicated, not only could we suggest balanced items we want to see, but we could help you betacheck existing items for inbalance.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789729  Replies : 0  Views : 53
posté Today - 19:54:58 | #9
journal of enjeering does this book exist at all?

has anyone ever finished icy bookworm?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789727  Replies : 1  Views : 52
posté Today - 19:01:59 | #10
I'd rather petition for an exotic ap/lock relic.

is there an app anywhere where we can design items that fit into the balance formula?

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 19:54:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789720  Replies : 4  Views : 226
posté Today - 18:21:37 | #11
honestly I dont care if they do bring them here. ankama is understaffed, they need income. people complain that it takes too long to update the code, and complain when the company takes steps to alleviate that problem?

20% aint gonna change anything. now when we start seeing range and ap and mp on costumes, then that will change my mind. especially if said costumes are ugly.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789712  Replies : 37  Views : 690
posté Today - 18:11:17 | #12
the secret drops we used to get as a boosted player do infact show up in the max loot window.

saw it myself.

Quote (Asthis @ 23 October 2014 18:03) *
The 10% is just an added bonus, it doesn't steal anything from you. When I ran HC Srambad, I could have sworn I got 2 fragments from the boss fight because I found two in my inventory--one from natural loot, and 1 from bonus.
1 from normal mobs, 1 from boss, probably.

its not bonus. it is normal drop rates for boosted, less for non-boosted

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 18:12:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789707  Replies : 31  Views : 564
posté Today - 02:24:21 | #13
gonna have to gift i think?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789499  Replies : 2  Views : 162
posté Yesterday - 20:06:17 | #14
idk about remington but here on nox there are more havenbags littering the almanax and outposts than ive seen in the game ever.

its the furthest from dying its ever been

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789445  Replies : 11  Views : 319
posté Yesterday - 18:11:40 | #15
I found that while levelling 10-14 geo was enough.

I only maxed it when I had spare points. heck i have so many spare points im levelling blessing now.

the heller is useful to perform swaps, toss mines, and collect bags, so phone a friend is usefull to max, eventually.

faking it is very useful. free self rez.

not dead yet is nice in returning the mp you spend on tossing mines and rascalry.

blessing and mass clumsy are near useless. and hellzerker is only useful for earth. (or if you need to cross a big map) but everything else has value to a water enu.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 22, 2014, 18:15:27.
Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #789419  Replies : 5  Views : 259
posté Yesterday - 17:17:41 | #16
he's taken his name from a new age hindu offshoot religion's list of yogis.

being familiar with this religion (Its what my parents have alwyas practiced,) seeing the name tossed about has been a little alarming.

reference 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789406  Replies : 11  Views : 412
posté Yesterday - 02:45:04 | #17
boohemoth keys. hairfeathers are fairly easy to farm.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789271  Replies : 3  Views : 221
posté October 20, 2014, 15:00:14 | #18
simplest is iop, or cra.

you have to put points into the dr heller spell to make the little guy more usefull. press P and look for the tab at the bottom of the window.

rascalry and cutting are more effective if done from a gold mine, level mine mover and get like 10 levels of geology to make mines useful. the mechanics of a water enu are all built around mines,

press S and read through the spell descriptions, especially of the abilities and passives.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 20, 2014, 15:02:26.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788942  Replies : 16  Views : 781
posté October 20, 2014, 06:35:18 | #19

Quote (holylander @ 19 October 2014 19:48) *
Hello,

at moment my abilities points looks like this:

INTELLIGENCE
- Resistances: 10

STRENGTH
- All Damages and Fore Resistance: 14

AGILITY
Dodge: 14

CHANCE
Critical Hit: 14

MAJOR
Movement Points and Damage: 1

I got 5 points left in Intelligence, i dont really know what to get, HP % or HP regen.

I'm a W/F build, i dont know if the build matter for abilities point allocations.

Thanks!
int hp up a bit, then res to 10, like this guy above me said. if you got 5 points sitting, just dump them into hp.

Strength: spread out the all damages and res, the damage is "all" the resistance is elemental. so you want it equal in all 4 so you arent resistant to just one element.

I prefer ini to dodge, especially once "prime of life" is maxed.

if you are water fire why stat mp before ap? I'd only do that if I were earth.

Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #788866  Replies : 5  Views : 259
posté October 18, 2014, 20:21:23 | #20
mods mrrge threads plz and thx

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #788481  Replies : 170  Views : 6312