Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

BrainInAJar's profile
Statistics
2747 Posts (3.15 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 22:19:39 | #1
im not going to waste my time, I suspect you are full of it though, and your responses don't really instill confidence in your expertise at statistical research.

if yer gonna claim to have done the footwork you gotta be able to back that up.

anyway a quick goolge search only shows year old trends. Im not going to dig in, as this isn't work I care about, its just easy to dismiss your "data" when it seems entirely fabricated.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 22:29:12.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789785  Replies : 52  Views : 934
posté Yesterday - 22:18:04 | #2
does 20% damage = win? can you simply not run that dungeon if you were wearing say, an ini cat instead of a tofu?

its not as bad as when the only ap weapons were makas.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789784  Replies : 48  Views : 1002
posté Yesterday - 22:14:16 | #3
gotta be honest im just happy i can see my "secret" drops now

Quote (Pandora42 @ 23 October 2014 22:14) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 23 October 2014 22:08) *
where does one do research on the server statistics of dofus, out of curiosity?
The power of the internet, gaming news feeds.
so.. game blogs... and their source is? why not just link us?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789782  Replies : 52  Views : 934
posté Yesterday - 22:08:43 | #4
where does one do research on the server statistics of dofus, out of curiosity?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789779  Replies : 52  Views : 934
posté Yesterday - 22:05:19 | #5
thats not a good analogy. its not like that at all.

its more like if you subscribe to cable and only have access to the standard package, which is plenty entertaining, while they are advertising how wonderful HBO is.

Quote (QueenOfNoobz @ 23 October 2014 22:03) *
Besides, is the company really that desperate to have people buy Booster packs.
is desperation the right word to use when its a company selling a product? i mean do we say subway is so desperate to sell sandwiches? the gap is so desperate to sell clothes?

geez companies? why so desperate to make money?

how about people selling their labor? joe so desperate to sell 5 days a week so he can enjoy the other two? geez joe, why you so desperate to make money?

(this position is not reasonable, clearly.)

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 22:10:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789777  Replies : 52  Views : 934
posté Yesterday - 22:01:51 | #6
on that we can agree.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789773  Replies : 52  Views : 934
posté Yesterday - 21:58:56 | #7
well then its clear you no longer enjoy the product enough to support it. so whats to disagree with?

you don't agree that if you enjoy something you should support it?

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 22:00:25.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789770  Replies : 52  Views : 934
posté Yesterday - 21:57:54 | #8
the real test is in if it makes money or not. a handful of forum posters is not a large enough sample size to characterize "backlash from the community"

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789767  Replies : 48  Views : 1002
posté Yesterday - 21:19:52 | #9
it seems clear to me what you are really asking for is a way to get rentaswag with kama.

(ofc in dofus if they offered this, you could still buy them with kama via the ogrine exchange.)

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 21:21:20.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789753  Replies : 48  Views : 1002
posté Yesterday - 21:17:50 | #10
if you enjoy a product, it is worth supporting.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789752  Replies : 52  Views : 934
posté Yesterday - 21:01:21 | #11
that'd be a shame. (its always buggy! didnt stop them the last two years. oh god ive been playing for over two years.)

these developments, re: rentaswag, are fine, is my point. real money for digital content is how f2p makes money.

this is no where near p2w. and the "it opens the door" argument is a logical fallacy. one should argue potion of wise fortune already opened the door to temporary buffs for dollars.

but lets face it, we love those.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 21:01:42.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789745  Replies : 48  Views : 1002
posté Yesterday - 20:49:18 | #12
Ye olde slippery slope fallacy.

oh god I just googled live items, and i hope you mean livitinems... I kinda want those.

I for one don't understand making any botique item no-trade. The people that will buy them for themselves will, the people who wont buy them won't, but you exclude the people who will buy them to sell for kama. so why restrict the customer base to only those who will buy them?

Quote (Heartyace @ 23 October 2014 20:46) *
Which is funny because there's a beta server with several volunteers to test out content before released. Not that they really take feedback, from what we're currently seeing.

Your answers to my problems are moot though, because you took different meaning out of them. My opinion on the mounts has nothing to do with how with how they released Mounts instead of adding more accessible dragos which were already there as travel device . Thus useless content.

Same goes with bugs (which there are a lot of, but not what I was referring to. Elements weren't a problem for them, till they realised they could be free up time by [Making all equipment accessible for all elements]. Then there was the by removing the stat able AP, they had to include Epics. Which increased the gap between the player base, while making the game less free. So they just revamped the whole system.

It's acceptable to make previously free content to paid content on a whim because you need money. Oh ok.

I'll wait for the event, if I'm wrong. I apologize. But currently all I see is Cash shop items being released.

still not useless, 50% speed bonus is wonderful, and they are aesthetically pleasing. so more useful than a costume. hence not useless.

the second paragraph makes a lot of assumptions about coder motivation. I think its more likely they wanted to improve the game experience, not that elements were a problem. and I didn't see epics as a stop gap for statted 12/7 builds... but rather an answer to droppable relics. this is added content. you complain there isnt added content, and then tear down the content they did add. (so who is moot here? it is not me)

the content was time fenced exlusive content, it was free for the lucky few, that doesnt garauntee even the content we currently consider free to be free. ankama is a company. ankama needs to make a profit.

last year they released ghoul cosume in cash shop as well, but they also had an event. be prepaired for bugs though, halloween is always so buggy they end up giving away the rewards (like wizard costume way back when, and the book shelf last year.)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789741  Replies : 48  Views : 1002
posté Yesterday - 20:44:58 | #13
who was in charge of recoding hoola hoopiwi for no rmal mode? you flagged the normal piwi keys to drop in the dungeon instead of celestial piwi keys! I knew something was wrong when I went in with 6 keys (using 3 for me and my MM) and came out with 9.

the celestial keys drop in easy mode - for all those young otomai grinders getting confounded with a lack of celestial keys - do it on easy.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789738  Replies : 0  Views : 116
posté Yesterday - 20:12:26 | #14
i have a boohemoth ill part with

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #789734  Replies : 1  Views : 58
posté Yesterday - 19:59:56 | #15

Quote (Heartyace @ 23 October 2014 19:55) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 23 October 2014 17:46) *
It's really sad when I started playing other games and they release an update in half the time I expected them to and I sit here and realize that i'm just so used to dealing with ankamas shitty bullshit that I literally have no idea what its like to enjoy a game
Wakfu isn't fun anymore, the journey was and now the endgame is meh. But we're digressing.

Ankama being understaffed doesn't give the reason to:

1. Code useless content instead of improving or making content. (Looking at you mounts)

2. Constantly make mistakes and resolve them when it's taxing on them (Looking at you elements) and (Epics)

3. Recycle content and use it as a marketing strategy (Rental costumes)

4. This one just got to me, not host any seasonal events (Where's the Halloween event?)

Every mmo is hosting a Halloween event and we get cash shop. It's just pitiful.

1) just because you don't find value in something doesnt make it useless. I love mounts. mounts count as making content, btw.

2) buggier code could be the result of low staff. (less play testers anyway)

3) generating income is the solution to the problem, so yeah I guess if theres an income problem, recycling old content to generate revenue is a decent idea. don't have to pay graphic artists, minimal coding required, new source of revenue. I hope someone got a bonus for suggesting it. the downside is people who don't like the costume probably won't wear it just for the buff unless they are HARDCORE SUPERPLAYER HAVE TO BE THE BEST UNGHHHHHHH.

4) it isnt even halloween yet, last year al howlin lasted for a couple weeks after halloween.

the problem I see with f2p is it brings out you entitlement kiddies who want everything for free but don't undstand employees need to recieve paychecks. ankama is not staffed by volunteers.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 20:04:55.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789731  Replies : 48  Views : 1002
posté Yesterday - 19:56:39 | #16
does anyone (mango) have a description of the item balance algorithm? See if the public knew what the balance was supposed to be, however complicated, not only could we suggest balanced items we want to see, but we could help you betacheck existing items for inbalance.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789729  Replies : 0  Views : 118
posté Yesterday - 19:54:58 | #17
journal of enjeering does this book exist at all?

has anyone ever finished icy bookworm?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789727  Replies : 9  Views : 153
posté Yesterday - 19:01:59 | #18
I'd rather petition for an exotic ap/lock relic.

is there an app anywhere where we can design items that fit into the balance formula?

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 19:54:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789720  Replies : 5  Views : 299
posté Yesterday - 18:21:37 | #19
honestly I dont care if they do bring them here. ankama is understaffed, they need income. people complain that it takes too long to update the code, and complain when the company takes steps to alleviate that problem?

20% aint gonna change anything. now when we start seeing range and ap and mp on costumes, then that will change my mind. especially if said costumes are ugly.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789712  Replies : 48  Views : 1002
posté Yesterday - 18:11:17 | #20
the secret drops we used to get as a boosted player do infact show up in the max loot window.

saw it myself.

Quote (Asthis @ 23 October 2014 18:03) *
The 10% is just an added bonus, it doesn't steal anything from you. When I ran HC Srambad, I could have sworn I got 2 fragments from the boss fight because I found two in my inventory--one from natural loot, and 1 from bonus.
1 from normal mobs, 1 from boss, probably.

its not bonus. it is normal drop rates for boosted, less for non-boosted

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 23, 2014, 18:12:33.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #789707  Replies : 52  Views : 934