Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

BrainInAJar's profile
Statistics
2828 Posts (3.21 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 02:29:32 | #1
oh god i want a bellaphone more than i want an eliotrope!!!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #792082  Replies : 36  Views : 448
posté Today - 02:27:53 | #2
ankama, doing the best they can to keep our money out of their bank account.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #792081  Replies : 13  Views : 308
posté Yesterday - 16:16:00 | #3
thats actually more of a reason than most players get.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791920  Replies : 53  Views : 1220
posté October 30, 2014, 04:39:05 | #4
you dont have to pay taxes if you list from a havenworld marketplace.

if they listed that low on nox they didnt stay up long enough for wakfu elements to record it. which indicates they are likely below a nash equilibrium. on remington, you'd expect it around there, but this is a post in nox trade, not remington.

but there is a pair listed at 3 mil, so I guess my concept of woboot value is a bit dated.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 30, 2014, 04:49:01.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #791602  Replies : 4  Views : 126
posté October 29, 2014, 23:13:36 | #5
the baby is only useful for blocking los, really.

Thread : Enutrof  Preview message : #791554  Replies : 12  Views : 637
posté October 29, 2014, 23:10:38 | #6
srams should have cutting from the enutroph line of water spells.

srams should be able to pouch too.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791553  Replies : 19  Views : 611
posté October 29, 2014, 23:07:07 | #7

Quote (Sokoshouri @ 29 October 2014 20:08) *
No, I have it exactly right, you're just misinterpreting what I said. I'm saying that a boost of 0.15% can look either significant or not based on what you want to compare it to. If you're used to drop rates of high numbers such as 60% then a boost of 0.15% (on a low drop rate items) is seen as nothing because you're mentally comparing it to higher numbers. Aka 60% vs 60.15% is basically nothing.

At no point did i say 150PP makes 60% into 60.15%. It is, as you said: 150PP will make it into over 100% drop rate. I'm simply stating that the 150PP boost to a small number can seem either big or small depending on the mental comparison you are making (whether or not you know that you are making such a comparison).
but theres nothing in the game that gives a boost of a flat .15% so when one tries to overlay what you said with relevence it can be confusing.

my mistake though. carry on.

Quote (Heartyace @ 29 October 2014 21:22) *

Quote (Asthis @ 29 October 2014 20:59) *
I heard PP doesn't affect relic fragments, yet whenever my party successfully does challenges, the chances of fragments dropping go waaay up. PP not affecting relic frags can't be true.
Because it's not true. PP effects drops... that's it.
this

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791552  Replies : 16  Views : 430
posté October 29, 2014, 19:56:16 | #8
look for little cones of fungus, usually hiding behind planted trees.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791521  Replies : 1  Views : 105
posté October 29, 2014, 19:54:43 | #9
Soko has it exactly wrong. 150 pp will make .1% into .25%, but it will also make 60% into 150%.

it doesnt make 60% into 60.15%.

this is demonstrable on pouched items of high drop rate. you can observe my research in the enutroph forums.

as for completing challenges, they do not put PP above the pp cap of 150 for purposes of drops. if you already have 150pp and 150 wis there is no beneft in doing challenges.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791520  Replies : 16  Views : 430
posté October 29, 2014, 19:37:11 | #10

Quote (Heartyace @ 29 October 2014 14:10) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 29 October 2014 05:44) *
if you arent controlling the size of the mob you are planting you aren't paying close enough attention.

its not random, there is a progression. every family has a different progression but its controllable. you want to plant say a sramva and an apothecary. go around finding and killing those, then start planting in an area you dont want to use for the fight. once it spawns kill it and go plant it where you want to fight it. (i prefer the floating islands in srambad because they wont wander off if you leave to do the environmental quest.)

its even easier to control in a havenworld since there arent multiple loops of the seed progression in play at the time. you can experiment in there and see what the seed progression actually is. in msot mob families it starts with solos of the mobs and goes to duos etc. in some families it starts with big groups and progresses down to solos. (like enutroph mobs)

in the havenworld you can also use stasis bombs or fences to split up larger mobs into smaller ones or solos.
Bro unless you can summon exactly 1 everytime you plant. It's not controlled. It's just assumed. The amount that is summoned does have a ratio for each. But seriously you can't defend it saying that it's not random. It is, it's RNG based on a percent chance. It's the same thing as drop rate essentially. It rolls on and the percentage change on the mobs are depending on the amount of mobs on the field. It could choose a mob type that's over populated.

Havenworlds shouldn't even count because a Havenworld is essentially the same an average place, you just happen to be able to plant anything here. Depending on the mobs you fight, the effect tiles become their map. The most you can really do (which you can do on other maps too) is plant things to make more obstacles on the map.

No idea how your advocating this system. It's not even good enough to bother.
i can summon plant exactly 1 using the system as described.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 29, 2014, 19:37:57.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791518  Replies : 114  Views : 1630
posté October 29, 2014, 16:01:19 | #11
on the plus side those of us who did all this last year need only kill one to re-complete the quests. the 666 we killed last year already counts.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791458  Replies : 12  Views : 577
posté October 29, 2014, 05:46:01 | #12
we're actually giving the guy in the other thread a hard time, the list for like 5-8 mil.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #791339  Replies : 4  Views : 126
posté October 29, 2014, 05:44:04 | #13
if you arent controlling the size of the mob you are planting you aren't paying close enough attention.

its not random, there is a progression. every family has a different progression but its controllable. you want to plant say a sramva and an apothecary. go around finding and killing those, then start planting in an area you dont want to use for the fight. once it spawns kill it and go plant it where you want to fight it. (i prefer the floating islands in srambad because they wont wander off if you leave to do the environmental quest.)

its even easier to control in a havenworld since there arent multiple loops of the seed progression in play at the time. you can experiment in there and see what the seed progression actually is. in msot mob families it starts with solos of the mobs and goes to duos etc. in some families it starts with big groups and progresses down to solos. (like enutroph mobs)

in the havenworld you can also use stasis bombs or fences to split up larger mobs into smaller ones or solos.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 29, 2014, 05:44:46.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791338  Replies : 114  Views : 1630
posté October 29, 2014, 05:36:12 | #14

Quote (Heartyace @ 29 October 2014 04:15) *
It's legit common sense, I normally I'd just list it. But this is ridiculous. The game is pretty linear, you don't have 5 places to level at a time. It's 120 - Ohymni 130 - Fungopole. I'm not trying to be agressive or offensive. But come on....

you actually have a few options: 120: bilbiza dungeons (easy mode basically at this point, but grinding doesnt need to be challenging), frigost/frigost dungeons, wabbit island, black wabbit eventually, ohwymi, tormentor.

130 drop bilbiza off the list. add in spores, lenald, flaxhid.

add in a havenworld and a high level trapper and you open up a few more possibilities.

no one says you have to do stuff only set at your level. if you are grinding lower level stuff for mats or frags or something, its surprising how fast you can level doing that. its not all about highest experience, its about experience vs time invested.

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 29, 2014, 05:37:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791336  Replies : 45  Views : 846
posté October 29, 2014, 02:37:16 | #15
for some folks it is def easy vs difficult. true there could be more content, but they only recently filled in the low end stuff with more content - celestial dungeons and the like. those are new. with time im sure they will expand the later game stuff too.

the fundamental changes to levelling and points though, that made the game a lot easier. and some people need their skinner boxes to feel challenging.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791302  Replies : 50  Views : 730
posté October 29, 2014, 02:21:45 | #16

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 29 October 2014 00:36) *
Except designing your own battlefields is pointless since they made it so you can't drop fragments. Haven worlds are irrelevant

You can't plant whatever monsters you want on any map you are restricted by what is native to that area

Also those areas like frigost and enurado, srambad? They are still technically locked by level you can't go to them as a level 1 you must get to the level to unlock the zaap so that argument is invalid
the argument isnt invalid, the point is you dont HAVE to do the quests to unlock the areas, just need to level. so that removes the rails.

theres more to killing mobs than just frags, so hw maps are fine. unless you want frags.

thats true that monsters are restricted by region, but you still dont have to spawn camp, you can control quite a lot by choosing where to plant, and even manufacture the group you want within the given seed progression. Thats the first time I've ever see nthat in a game. are there other examples of this?

This post has been edited by BrainInAJar - October 29, 2014, 02:22:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791299  Replies : 114  Views : 1630
posté October 29, 2014, 00:23:05 | #17
i played air/eath before i got 12 ap doing storm/plague lash/destruct.

worked well.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #791278  Replies : 2  Views : 430
posté October 29, 2014, 00:21:38 | #18

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 28 October 2014 23:54) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 28 October 2014 23:48) *

Quote (picklesaregood @ 28 October 2014 21:53) *

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 28 October 2014 20:45) *
I get that you're bored, but... this is a sandbox game, you gotta set your own arbitrary goals. just like in real life.

not hostile at all

just sneaking in personal attacks

nothing to see here
that was a generalized "you" not "you mini" but "you the player" [in the game called life/wakfu]

but just call it hostility. whats not sandboxy about this game? there are no rails. (except in the mount quest)
Whats sandboxy about this game still?

Everything that was supposed to be sandbox was removed/changed

Only getting kamas by minting was killed by monsters dropping it
monsters becoming extinct was killed by them making them "restore" after maintenace
Government is useless they never expanded upon conquering islands

To call wakfu a sandbox game still to this day is stupid maybe they originally planned for it to be that way but it's just not anymore it's a dumbed down version of what it was going to be.

They even removed world bosses because of everybody bitching for crying out loud
you can still plant your own mobs, control population, control what resources are available. you dont have to do the quests to access areas, even frigost and spores opens up at a certain level now. sure there are quests thrown at you but you don't have to complete them to move forward.

thats a sandbox game.

nothing agros you anymore, leaving the world open for even the lowest level players to roam.

thats sandbox.

you can even design your own battlefields in the havenworld. thats hella sandbox.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #791277  Replies : 114  Views : 1630