Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

azalyn's profile
Statistics
73 Posts (0.07 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté December 02, 2014, 04:46:01 | #1
Hm, yeah, a friend just told me that they've been used for mystery boxes before, but it's a bit confusing on why they let you save them up and stuff. Is there a page on their site that explains it all?

Thread : News  Preview message : #803812  Replies : 189  Views : 4176
posté December 02, 2014, 04:19:15 | #2
Ankama did not explain this "token" system at all, what exactly is it for, and is there any value in "saving up" your tokens or something?

Can a mod or something chime in to clear this up? I don't want to use it now and then find out that I should've been saving them or something.

This post has been edited by azalyn - December 02, 2014, 04:19:37.
Thread : News  Preview message : #803806  Replies : 189  Views : 4176
posté September 06, 2014, 20:41:58 | #3
As someone else mentioned in this thread..

The problem is NOT the timer. The problem is that the animations take too long for some classes.

For example, with air sacriers, it used to be that you had to wait for motion sickness' barf animation cycle to complete, before a teleport would go through, which was pretty messed up for 10ap sickness->assault combos (although few were able to get that build back then).

They changed the way the animations work, so that a sacrier's teleport will be able to 'interrupt' the barf animation.

Another issue is that you cannot target/queue an action until an animation has completed, so if I want to beacon sneak as a cra, I have to wait until the beacon animation completes before clicking the button to sneak, otherwise the map grid will not be updated and won't give me a target to teleport to; and then while I'm sneaking, I have to wait for that animation too before my LoS gets updated (because I may now have LoS to a target that I did not have prior to sneaking).

The map grid should update the very second the spell is queued. There is no reason the game should make you wait all this time for animations. If animations could be interrupted, and if the map targetting grid updated instantly, there would be no need for more than 30 seconds.

This post has been edited by azalyn - September 06, 2014, 20:42:41.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #771181  Replies : 46  Views : 1720
posté June 22, 2014, 03:44:05 | #4
I hope this works out. I know a lot of people that would still be playing today if it wasn't for all the cancerous individuals who cheat.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #748043  Replies : 22  Views : 1658
posté June 06, 2014, 21:47:45 | #5
Opsayian: Perhaps I didn't express the intent of that sentence correctly. The point isn't how hard the workload actually is. The point is that people complained all the time about mini, and then some of those people got into government, and didn't do anything better. Now people are complaining about bonuses, and supporters (of the outgoing governor) are trying to blame citizens for not doing their part. Remember that it doesn't matter how hard something is, in the end, it's the citizens who vote. If you don't fulfill their expectations, they won't vote for you again. Regardless of whether those expectations are reasonable. I apologize for not making myself clear.

Tulish: At the risk of sounding infantile, we're not the ones who started this. Everyone has personality quirks, and pet peeves that set them apart from others. As long as I've known Mini, she's never backstabbed or betrayed anyone, and anyone who has been nice to her has received only kindness. Of course, if someone starts spreading rumors, and conspiring or trash talking behind Mini's back, that will piss her off and she'll go on a rampage and start blasting people. It takes two to tango, though. Mini may have an ego, but so do her enemies. And all of those disagreements are a result of egos clashing. Again, as I said. Mini is the kind of person that can make friends with someone who's been a hated enemy for years overnight, if approached with friendship, instead of vilification.

As for alt-voting. Every single governor since launch, in every nation, has benefitted from alt-votes. The question is whether there was a higher than average amount of alt-votes. Mini has never really had higher than average votes. Indeed, it would be a trivial matter to regain the statue if we had higher than average alt-votes at our disposal. After all, that's how Death got the statue. They seem to have logged over 100 characters within minutes of the election ending, and changing approval rating in the middle of the night while most people were asleep and couldn't vote negatives. Organizing such a thing without like 20 or so alt accounts is practically impossible. I was online minutes after the election ended.

So please don't throw such accusations without some kind of rational basis. The reason Mini governed for so long is because until recently, Mini had a solid relationship with every single large brakmarian guild, and had friends everywhere. Until some shady people started spreading propaganda and trying to make an enemy out of her.

Those of you who hate Mini are simply being manipulated.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #742211  Replies : 28  Views : 1451
posté June 06, 2014, 20:18:07 | #6
Everyone complained that Mini never did anything, but then when you guys actually alt-voted yourself into government, you realized the workload was too high. I mean of course no one has to do anything as governor, the game doesn't really have any in-game penalties for it. But this is a sandbox.

You all complained about the status quo, because you thought it wasn't good enough, but doing all the things that people expect of a governor, like restoring bonuses, fixing crafting machines, etc, requires time and resources. Those of you not in Lovelace wouldn't know what Mini is actually like, you judge from the outside. If you were on the inside, you'd know that Mini will often leave dungeon groups, to go fix bonuses, etc. If any of you are actually online after a server reset, you'd usually find Mini wandering around in gnashville, pabong, or sidimote, killing mobs to restore bonuses.

Furthermore, we've never been opposed to including representatives from other guilds in our cabinets, but no one ever really talks to us, they just conspire, scheme, and blame Mini for everything. Mini is a very kind-hearted person when you actually communicate with her. Mini is the kind of person that would forgive years of hate/distrust instantly on the spot if you decided to approach as a friend, instead of as an enemy.

Even now, any burnt bridges can be fixed, if we all come together and talk about this like rational people.

I guess the lesson here is, be careful what you wish for. Also, the evil you know is better than the evil you don't know.

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #742173  Replies : 28  Views : 1451
posté March 20, 2014, 16:08:44 | #7

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 20 March 2014 16:01) *
There is already an official translation in the "server status" section

Also yay for Remi!

Most of us posting here are from Nox. ._.
Umm, most or at least half of the players here are from Remi.
Yeah? Well... I'm rubber and you're glue. :o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #697591  Replies : 164  Views : 3265
posté March 20, 2014, 16:00:42 | #8

Quote (ViKoToRu @ 20 March 2014 15:55) *
I've just updated the original thread with more info but, what I cant tell you by now, is that the Remington server is not one of the most affected.

Although we can't still say with no doub if a rollback wil or will not be necessary four your server, at least you know that you are on the "better half" by now.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and be sure that we will study Remingont's case on detail so your community will recieve the attention nedded.
Most of us posting here are from Nox. ._.
>_>

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #696913  Replies : 164  Views : 3265
posté March 20, 2014, 15:56:43 | #9
I speak french.

Basically they're saying that the servers will all remain locked until they feel they have a 'complete' list of abusers. People who've exploited will be sanctioned, they haven't decided what the punishments will be (?? seems obvious to me, inv wipe and ban?). They have no estimate on how long this could take. They may open the servers at different times, presumably if they finish investigating one of the servers before the others (i would guess more populated servers would take longer). They're not aware yet if they will need to rollback or not.

Also, as saphiLC2 mentioned, they say that this bug was observed in beta, and anyone who abused and did not report the bug will also be sanctioned, even though it's just beta. That's good news, after all, the whole point of beta is to REPORT this kind of shit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #696369  Replies : 164  Views : 3265
posté March 20, 2014, 15:26:13 | #10

Quote (MODAradryan @ 20 March 2014 15:09) *
Just remember that we need evidence, we cannot take action on players on hear say alone.
Do you guys not have ANY server logs? Are you people just bluffing when you say "yeah, don't exploit because we can catch you with our logs!" ..?

What is going on.. -_-

This post has been edited by azalyn - March 20, 2014, 15:28:10.
Reason for edit : I prefer text smilies.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #696123  Replies : 164  Views : 3265
posté March 20, 2014, 15:01:22 | #11
Duping should not, and should never have been possible.

The way it's supposed to work is that the server is supposed to use hashes to sign and validate all item IDs as being unique. With such a design, in theory you'd still be able to glitch things, but the server would detect it, produce an error, and prevent it.

As for making money. If the 'buyers' wish to screw over the dupers, you need only file a chargeback with your credit card, assuming you paid with paypal. Then the money goes back into your account. You can do this up to 3-6 months or so later. And there is really little they can do to get it back. Payment systems always favor the buyer.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #696091  Replies : 164  Views : 3265
posté March 02, 2014, 20:49:58 | #12
Reconnection-in-battle should not be as hard to implement as they claim.

If you want to built it into the server codebase, perhaps that may be challenging depending on their design.

However, there's an easier way to do this. All they'd have to do is create a wakfu proxy. It could integrate with the login server, or even run on a seperate server, whatever. The proxy would act like an IRC BNC, and "take control" of player characters when packets to/from the player start timing out.

If Ankama doesn't know how to do this, it would mean they don't understand their own protocol...

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #686937  Replies : 60  Views : 2156
posté February 11, 2014, 22:18:09 | #13
I think it's important to be precise. This change is fantastic for in-battle animations. But it's a bit odd on the overworld when out-of-battle.

In-battle it makes sense to want to be quick (both in terms of gameplay, AND even in terms of just logic, you wouldn't just casually walk around when you're in a real fight).

Out-of-battle there's no problem with wanting to walk around. Please fix it *only* for out-of-combat walking, if you do fix it.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #678501  Replies : 8  Views : 834
posté February 10, 2014, 22:14:55 | #14
I'd pay for a "Leeroy Jenkins" achievement. ;o

You'd get it when you aggro a UB without all of your team being ready for it. :)

P.S.: Seriously though, I'd pay for all of these things, too. And I'm practically broke! >.>

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #677807  Replies : 14  Views : 615
posté January 29, 2014, 16:52:09 | #15

Quote (Mikutza @ 29 January 2014 12:36) *
Please don't call it anime and manga, it's insulting towards Asian work. Call it comic and cartoon.

The difference between a French comic and Japanese Manga:

Different art, lately Frenchies try to rip them off. (Ever since 1998)

Time: French comics take a few months to complete, be it a chapter of 24/52 pages where as a Japanese manga comes out every week or so. (Won't go into quality and success)

Anime/Cartoon same thing, time,art,ripoff, +the horrible voice acting.
Eh, in Japan, the terms "Anime" and "Manga" are used to refer to all types of cartoons and comic books respectively. It's just literally their words for that. They don't draw a distinction, unless they actually add "japanese" or "western" or whatever in front as a qualifier.

Furthermore, the original animes and manga actually drew inspiration from western art, and then evolved their own style.

Also, that ship has sailed already: EN.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/OEL_manga

The terms are already being used to refer to japanese-inspired art, to the extent that there's a Wikipedia (which is NPOV) article on the subject. The way language evolves, it won't be long before it all comes full circle. Give up, you have no chance to survive, make your time. :o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #671505  Replies : 75  Views : 3815
posté December 02, 2013, 19:20:50 | #16
My first day is also greyed out. Maybe they will open the 1st bag for everyone during tonight's server maintenance? I hope so... >.>

Thread : News  Preview message : #645023  Replies : 71  Views : 3600
posté December 02, 2013, 00:18:42 | #17
Advent Calendar 1st day? It's still December 1st and yet the advent calendar is already on 2nd day, what the heck is going on?

The advent was not even announced on the homepage, are you trying to tell me that we all just got screwed by this?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #644595  Replies : 7  Views : 389
posté November 25, 2013, 05:53:47 | #18
He was not a villain. He was a cheater. And all of his infamy was earned through that cheating.

If you want a villain, then become one without cheating. Cheaters should not be welcomed with open arms back into the game.

Go check wakfu-elements, look at the market stats, notice how our server has the highest item prices of any server. Damage was done to the economy that still has not been corrected.

Ankama shares most of the blame for their lack of security, but let's be realistic, we know there are still bugs in this game, and that in a climate where the game lacks basic security, you can't have people you *know* will cheat (who have cheated on numerous occasions, repeatedly, after being banned many times and returning to cheat once again) as part of the community. Because there *will* be more exploits in the future, and these people *will* exploit them, they always have, there is no reason to assume they won't in future.

Furthermore, everyone knows he's still playing on other people's accounts.

The real problem with this game, has nothing to do with lack of villains, it's lack of people in general. Dathura and Aerafal are the only servers with real population... If you want more legitimate villains, that aren't cheaters, then you first need more population. This game will die without some new blood.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #640613  Replies : 106  Views : 3635
posté November 24, 2013, 21:20:01 | #19
Ankama really has a troubling mental disorder when it comes to revamps. The devs need to understand that when users complain that levelling is too hard, that is one single criticism that applies to one element of the game. No one ever asked to have the exp given by mobs adjusted. What is the point of making the exp required to gain a level less, but then screw around with the exp that mobs give? Ankama has to stop doing things that people haven't asked for, and start to treat our complaints seriously. And address only the things we're actually complaining about. Rather than try to fool us into thinking they've addressed the concern, but meanwhile, some little change behind the scenes actually makes everything harder than before.

The whole complaint is that levelling is TOO TEDIOUS past level 110 or 120. If this was level 200, then i might understand the final stretch, the final 10 levels being a timesink, but the cap is just 140, how much more ridiculous is it going to get?

As for powerlevelling, Ankama needs to start ignoring all complaints relating to plevelling. Every single MMO out there has a way to power level. And the reason is that it's just really hard to nerf plevelling without collateral damage. And another reason is that it's *necessary*. Some people level their own alts, and in a game like this where there are certain "must-have" classes for strategic battles, it is torture to ask for endgame players to go through all the low level content a second time. I already did the low level content when the game launched nearly two years ago, I don't need to do it 7 times (i have eight 100+ chars).

As for the new players that do get plevelled, who cares? What is this? Soviet Russia? You want to force people to enjoy the game *your* way at gunpoint? I personally don't enjoy skipping content when I play a game for the first time, but some people are *only* interested in PvP, and play exclusively for that reason. Those people are also paying customers. Stop trying to force everyone to play the game the way you want them to.

And one more thing, the curse of the RPG genre, has ALWAYS been that strategy becomes useless at lower levels because there is a strong incentive to simply outlevel the content and then cheese through it. This is true not just for MMOs, but singleplayer RPGs as well. As a result of this, low level content is BORING, there is no incentive to strategize or use tactics. Rather, you just need to have a team 10 or 20 levels higher than the dungeon, and massacre everything. Low level content is only somewhat interesting the first time you do it.

Lastly, if you look at other MMOs, a common trend is that if you do all of the quests in a given area, you're usually always slightly ahead of the level requirements in the next area. That's how most sane games are balanced. Wakfu has so much grind to it, that it almost feels like a job, not a game. I have heard that some MMOs like eve online are even worse in the hardcore department. But Ankama needs to understand, they're a media company, with a cartoon that is promoting their game, the demographic that will be drawn into their games, are not the hardcore gamer. They're going to be getting a lot of casual audiences, with the cartoon and stuff. They are losing so many potential customers, all because they seem to buy into the flawed "skinner box" theory of gaming. Meanwhile, all the sane companies are making billions with more casual friendlier games.

It's frustrating when you KNOW they are wrong, but you can't tell them, because the descision-makers refuse to engage the community, and just see us as rats in a skinner box.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #640343  Replies : 26  Views : 1159