Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

SSBKewkky's profile
Statistics
2030 Posts (1.66 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 19:50:53 | #1
Yeah, I dueled a Sram on beta who did stuff like that... Set some traps the turn before (I didn't trigger them naturally, I didn't see them and I didn't want to take damage), and on the next turn he set down some air traps between me and the prime spot between his other traps, pushed me into it and did some nice damage. Then I killed him with a Klepto + Rascalry + Bloody Ripoff rinse-and-repeat mindless strategy. :\

Anyway we've steered the thread off for long enough, this is about Mango's guide and not about beta, so I'll bow out.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 19:51:55.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #867511  Replies : 249  Views : 82482
posté Today - 19:30:25 | #2
Not once in a blue moon, that's for sure.

We should probably never talk to each other ever again if everytime one of us replies to the other, we end up debating. So I guess that's it for me. Let's just say you win and leave it at that, even though I will always say otherwise.

IN RESPONSE TO YOUR EDIT: Okay I legitimately agree with you. It seemed like you were saying they were all borderline useless, and to be honest the only one not like the others is the air trap. :v

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 19:59:09.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867508  Replies : 150  Views : 1431
posté Today - 19:21:38 | #3

Quote (kurausu @ 28 May 2015 19:16) *

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 28 May 2015 17:47) *

Quote (kurausu @ 28 May 2015 14:28) *
Also, my suggestion about traps disregards pvp completely.

In a duel you can play with only traps pretty easily. But in PvE content it's pretty much not useful to play traps (except foggy and its use is pretty much once in a blue moon).
I actually use Foggy a lot in Vertox and Ow El. It's a really handy tool to have, you never know when it will make someone's life a whole lot easier.

If I can't be set up to do damage to Vertox, then I instead set up the next biggest DPT with ease. 2 Foggy traps + Fear = 8AP, then summon a double with the remaining 4AP to fine-tune the positioning with its two extra Fears.

In Ow El, I can use it to help our strongest linear range DPT get closer to the best possible dial to hit boss with. I also use it to keep boss away; if my double died and I can no longer lock the boss for a turn or so, I set a glyph in his path and another one somewhere behind him, and watch as he teleports away after spending his MP. I've done it before and it feels good.
It's great that you can use them as utility tools, but i beg you to read back my posts, I'm not talking about that.

I don't want to start that debate we were having again, I agree to disagree with you, but you're disregarding the the rest of the whole game because traps are useful sometimes in TWO fights.

Also, traps don't have amazing damage, they are ok to sub-par. What i'm saying is that I want to use traps as my main tools, not as secondary option or only as utility.
I'm not starting a debate! You said theyre only useful once in a blue moon, which basically means theyre barely ever used, if ever. I just wanted to say that I find uses for it regularly, and pointed at two dungeons I use it at. No debate, no nothing. Just two cents. Just because I quote you and mention air traps doesn't mean I want to debate with you or make a mess of the thread.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Also you said sometimes useful in two fights, I actually use them in other fights like Wa when he runs far away or to help lockers get close, or Spore to keep Sugnuf far from everyone, or blah blah blah, i've said enough.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 19:25:45.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867505  Replies : 150  Views : 1431
posté Today - 19:20:04 | #4

Quote (Madd1 @ 28 May 2015 19:17) *
It was worthwhile when Otemai's was still a relevant relic. Nowadays nobody runs it. The effort you put into it could much more easily get you lvl 100+ and enough money to buy a Gelano (Significantly more efficient 99% of the time).

Peace,
Madd
It's a good relic for sidekicks though. Much faster to get Gelano +Otomai than Gelano + Gelano if you're starting fresh from lv1.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867504  Replies : 7  Views : 247
posté Today - 19:09:35 | #5

Quote (Truthsword @ 28 May 2015 18:23) *
LOL, only the Forfut ones give bonus xp (2 out of 11)
More like 1/11, the borbat is the Dominant Borbat from outside the dungeon when the clan member's wishes are met. :p

Thread : News  Preview message : #867496  Replies : 11  Views : 122
posté Today - 19:07:10 | #6

Quote (Arthuriaz @ 28 May 2015 18:47) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 28 May 2015 17:56) *

Quote (Arthuriaz @ 28 May 2015 15:45) *
Will be better get general damage or close combat on update?

air- forcefull blow, wily, trauma
water - klipto, rasclary, blood rip
fire - first blood, bled dry, execution

Judging by this skillset i would take 20 close combat damage and 10 general, because you will be playing mostly close combat. Also, if you are planning to use Shadow Trap put the remaining 10 into general damage, if not, put it in close-combat.

I would put all my points into general dmg cause i do long range+area damage or close combat damage.
Shadow trap have a decent damage to invest in that?
To be honest, Shadow Trap's damages are okay-ish. What kills them is the 2-per-turn limit, and how enemies have to interact with them or else they won't work (and that'd be a whole turn's worth of damage down the drain). Kinda forces you to push enemies onto them most of the time.

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #867495  Replies : 249  Views : 82482
posté Today - 18:12:47 | #7

Quote (JohnyWes @ 28 May 2015 18:00) *
Where can i find this crackler on the right? Just where? O.o
I thought the same thing. Also, a lot of the mobs in the pic don't even get you extra exp in this weekend.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 18:12:58.
Thread : News  Preview message : #867481  Replies : 11  Views : 122
posté Today - 17:59:04 | #8
I was saving a Nox figurine so I could craft the statue at some point. It was kind of a long-term goal since my patience for professions is really low, but it was something I really wanted to see me make at some point. I have no idea why they removed the recipes, it has nothing to do with the krosmaster minigame. What was the harm in keeping them in?

Quote (JerryDB @ 28 May 2015 17:31) *
Sorry I misread the OP. It is true I can misread or misunderstand people.
I don't believe you.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867478  Replies : 12  Views : 205
posté Today - 17:47:52 | #9

Quote (kurausu @ 28 May 2015 14:28) *
Also, my suggestion about traps disregards pvp completely.

In a duel you can play with only traps pretty easily. But in PvE content it's pretty much not useful to play traps (except foggy and its use is pretty much once in a blue moon).
I actually use Foggy a lot in Vertox and Ow El. It's a really handy tool to have, you never know when it will make someone's life a whole lot easier.

If I can't be set up to do damage to Vertox, then I instead set up the next biggest DPT with ease. 2 Foggy traps + Fear = 8AP, then summon a double with the remaining 4AP to fine-tune the positioning with its two extra Fears.

In Ow El, I can use it to help our strongest linear range DPT get closer to the best possible dial to hit boss with. I also use it to keep boss away; if my double died and I can no longer lock the boss for a turn or so, I set a glyph in his path and another one somewhere behind him, and watch as he teleports away after spending his MP. I've done it before and it feels good.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 17:51:27.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867473  Replies : 150  Views : 1431
posté Today - 17:41:45 | #10

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 28 May 2015 08:59) *
Trauma -> First Blood -> First Blood -> First Blood (Cold Blood if you have hemmorhage on the target) -> Bloody Ripoff !
That's some really good damage, I agree. We don't know what the new base damages will be for Bloody Ripoff after they reduce it to 2AP, but if you start with 50 weak points, there's also:

Bloody Ripoff -> Rascalry -> Rascalry -> Larceny -> Bloody Ripoff. I remember Mango mentioning somewhere he was experimenting with Rascalry. The Rascalries will give you +5% final damages each on your Larceny. If you have the passive Duperie, you can also cast it on your enemy to reduce their final damages AND still buff your own with the same loot for no extra cost. If you already maxed out your damage loots prior to this turn, that's +15% final damage to the entire combo, along with Stabber's extra 15%.

Also, if you decided to take Forceful Blow like some tribuilds have done:

Bloody Ripoff -> Forceful Blow -> Forceful Blow -> Bloody Ripoff for a simple DPT combo that still follows this build.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 17:45:23.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #867470  Replies : 249  Views : 82482
posté Today - 04:06:04 | #11

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 28 May 2015 02:56) *

Quote (SANSARTR @ 27 May 2015 10:17) *
what 9 spells are you talking about? Is it the new system or old?
If you were to respec at lvl 160 you would be able to max 9 spells (3 from each element), or 7.5 (7 spells maxed and one until lvl 128) if you are using only two branches. You are able to max all 5 spells from one element and have quite some spell xp leftover.

That is the new system btw.
At level 160, you should be able to have any combination of spells maxed. Dy7 specified that if you were to be lv100, you'd be able to max 7.5 spells (so 7 spells maxed, and half a spell maxed).

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 04:06:17.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #867306  Replies : 559  Views : 9266
posté Today - 01:56:50 | #12

Quote (Sokoshouri @ 28 May 2015 01:48) *
Implement self cast to cycle through the traps (with: spell costs 0 AP), cast on traps to remove (with: spell costs 0 AP) and:

Make the spell not have casting limits... But place the condition: number of /traps of the field < N.... either 2 or 3. Slightly similar to placing and removing feca glyphs.

And there you go. You can now cycle through traps as much as you want. You can now remove traps as much as you want. But you do not make srams OP by placing billions of traps on the field.
Sounds good to me. If anything, there'd have to be a limitation somewhere to prevent Srams from spamming the move on themselves or their traps and trolling other players by having their turns take forever to end.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 01:57:16.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867273  Replies : 150  Views : 1431
posté Today - 00:51:03 | #13

Quote (poohs @ 28 May 2015 00:18) *
Thanks for the amazing guide Mango!

It's my first time playing this game and it's been a blast thanks to your guide. I went with a fire light build to make things a bit simpler for me.

right now I'm using

- forceful blow, wily, trauma
- kleptosram, bloody ripoff
- bled dry

One thing I've noticed is that I don't use bled dry very often.

Now that I'm approaching the level 80 reset, I'm wondering if I should change to your build completely or stick with what I have now, or even switch to air/water.

I know fire is mandatory for pvp and I do intend to pvp at end game, but it seems quite far from where I am right now. Which is also why I took forceful blow for 30 - 80.
I recommend not depending on Hemorrhage for PvP. Currently in the beta, Hemorrhage is removed from Torment, the #1 Sram skill for PvP. I strongly suggest not getting used to it.

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #867248  Replies : 249  Views : 82482
posté Today - 00:02:31 | #14
The game is not dead, don't worry about it. Servers may be kinda low in population, but if you combine every server into one, we'll have a severe overpopulation issue. Hope that gives you an idea of how many players we have.

In any case, feel free to use the forums to ask questions! But do try to figure out the fights by yourself if you can (a lot of thought was put into making them rack your brains). Being stumped is one thing, but if we give you all the answers, it's like you're not even playing the game. :p

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 00:05:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867228  Replies : 7  Views : 264
posté Yesterday - 22:58:26 | #15
Here's a hint: not all fights ask you to go up to stuff and hit them til they die. See if there are any objects that you can push/hit/break in the vicinity and their orientation to the enemy, or right-click on the enemies and see if they have some special state with an explanation on how to hurt them, etc.

I think I know which fight you're in. Is there a giant flower in the fights along with a small-ish creature on the other side of the field?

EDIT: Making a beginner's guide to explain the game sounds like a great idea, and I kind of want to make one now; however, there's an upcoming update that will change a few things in the game, and I'd rather not waste time making a guide that I'll probably have to rewrite in a few weeks again.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 27, 2015, 23:00:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867215  Replies : 7  Views : 264
posté Yesterday - 22:48:13 | #16

Quote (kurausu @ 27 May 2015 22:46) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 27 May 2015 17:38) *

Quote (kurausu @ 26 May 2015 16:54) *

Thing is, it would be the most amazingly awesome thing in the universe if:
  • Srams can play with only direct damage.
  • Srams can play with both traps and direct damage.
  • Srams can play with only traps.
And all these ways of playing the class be equally effective.
I believe these are all possible variations, even in the current state of the beta.
I beg to differ. Have you tried a trap-only build knowing that you have a limited number of casts of Shadow Trap per turn? The first two options do work, but the third one doesn't.
Also, there are enemies that can only be damaged on your turn, and not on their turn. A trap-based Sram who tries to hurt all their enemies by having them walk on a trap will be sorely disappointed.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867208  Replies : 150  Views : 1431
posté Yesterday - 19:49:44 | #17
That quest has 9 parts to it, each one being the same thing as the one you're currently doing, but on harder dungeons and a larger quantity of boss items. The quest isn't meant to give you experience, it's an intentionally arduous quest with a really rare item as a reward (you can't get the item anywhere else, either). If anything, see it as motivation for farming low level dungeons, which will also end up giving you lots of experience to level up. Two birds with one stone!

However, that part about the mercenary quest sounds like an actual bug. No one I know has done both at the same time, so it's possible that it's slipped through the cracks this entire time. Try and file a bug report in the Technical Issues & Bugs forums?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867185  Replies : 7  Views : 247
posté Yesterday - 19:34:20 | #18

Quote (Tartumystic @ 27 May 2015 16:27) *
What I undrestand all classes get 5 specialities now.
Actually, Srams have 6 (one of our spell effects got separated into a specialty). I doubt we'd be the only class with 6 active specialties, so expect anything.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 27, 2015, 19:34:45.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867182  Replies : 21  Views : 626
posté Yesterday - 14:29:10 | #19

Quote (HateSpawn @ 27 May 2015 14:24) *
S T E E L

B E A K

E X I S T S

anyone who thinks "my gear isn't changing for the next year" and hasn't killed steel beak like 18 fucking times is goddamn crazy.
It's not the player's fault he can't find enough people that want to run SB. Only multiboxers have the luxury of running SB whenever they want without worrying about other players or real life issues messing their game plans.

Regardless, maxing runes makes winning the fight against SB easier. It's still hard, but it'll definitely be easier.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 27, 2015, 14:29:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867082  Replies : 26  Views : 635
posté Yesterday - 05:41:05 | #20

Quote (SANSARTR @ 27 May 2015 05:02) *
I can't use spells because it will level then I cant max my main spells wtf...
You'll be able to max every spell. I think at level 200 though, but still. Before then, at lv175, you should have just 9 spells maxed, and just a bit of exp in other stuff..

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #866974  Replies : 559  Views : 9266