Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

SSBKewkky's profile
Statistics
2020 Posts (1.65 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 04:06:04 | #1

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 28 May 2015 02:56) *

Quote (SANSARTR @ 27 May 2015 10:17) *
what 9 spells are you talking about? Is it the new system or old?
If you were to respec at lvl 160 you would be able to max 9 spells (3 from each element), or 7.5 (7 spells maxed and one until lvl 128) if you are using only two branches. You are able to max all 5 spells from one element and have quite some spell xp leftover.

That is the new system btw.
At level 160, you should be able to have any combination of spells maxed. Dy7 specified that if you were to be lv100, you'd be able to max 7.5 spells (so 7 spells maxed, and half a spell maxed).

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 04:06:17.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #867306  Replies : 556  Views : 8931
posté Today - 01:56:50 | #2

Quote (Sokoshouri @ 28 May 2015 01:48) *
Implement self cast to cycle through the traps (with: spell costs 0 AP), cast on traps to remove (with: spell costs 0 AP) and:

Make the spell not have casting limits... But place the condition: number of /traps of the field < N.... either 2 or 3. Slightly similar to placing and removing feca glyphs.

And there you go. You can now cycle through traps as much as you want. You can now remove traps as much as you want. But you do not make srams OP by placing billions of traps on the field.
Sounds good to me. If anything, there'd have to be a limitation somewhere to prevent Srams from spamming the move on themselves or their traps and trolling other players by having their turns take forever to end.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 01:57:16.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867273  Replies : 142  Views : 1329
posté Today - 00:51:03 | #3

Quote (poohs @ 28 May 2015 00:18) *
Thanks for the amazing guide Mango!

It's my first time playing this game and it's been a blast thanks to your guide. I went with a fire light build to make things a bit simpler for me.

right now I'm using

- forceful blow, wily, trauma
- kleptosram, bloody ripoff
- bled dry

One thing I've noticed is that I don't use bled dry very often.

Now that I'm approaching the level 80 reset, I'm wondering if I should change to your build completely or stick with what I have now, or even switch to air/water.

I know fire is mandatory for pvp and I do intend to pvp at end game, but it seems quite far from where I am right now. Which is also why I took forceful blow for 30 - 80.
I recommend not depending on Hemorrhage for PvP. Currently in the beta, Hemorrhage is removed from Torment, the #1 Sram skill for PvP. I strongly suggest not getting used to it.

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #867248  Replies : 240  Views : 82318
posté Today - 00:02:31 | #4
The game is not dead, don't worry about it. Servers may be kinda low in population, but if you combine every server into one, we'll have a severe overpopulation issue. Hope that gives you an idea of how many players we have.

In any case, feel free to use the forums to ask questions! But do try to figure out the fights by yourself if you can (a lot of thought was put into making them rack your brains). Being stumped is one thing, but if we give you all the answers, it's like you're not even playing the game. :p

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 28, 2015, 00:05:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867228  Replies : 7  Views : 217
posté Yesterday - 22:58:26 | #5
Here's a hint: not all fights ask you to go up to stuff and hit them til they die. See if there are any objects that you can push/hit/break in the vicinity and their orientation to the enemy, or right-click on the enemies and see if they have some special state with an explanation on how to hurt them, etc.

I think I know which fight you're in. Is there a giant flower in the fights along with a small-ish creature on the other side of the field?

EDIT: Making a beginner's guide to explain the game sounds like a great idea, and I kind of want to make one now; however, there's an upcoming update that will change a few things in the game, and I'd rather not waste time making a guide that I'll probably have to rewrite in a few weeks again.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 27, 2015, 23:00:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867215  Replies : 7  Views : 217
posté Yesterday - 22:48:13 | #6

Quote (kurausu @ 27 May 2015 22:46) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 27 May 2015 17:38) *

Quote (kurausu @ 26 May 2015 16:54) *

Thing is, it would be the most amazingly awesome thing in the universe if:
  • Srams can play with only direct damage.
  • Srams can play with both traps and direct damage.
  • Srams can play with only traps.
And all these ways of playing the class be equally effective.
I believe these are all possible variations, even in the current state of the beta.
I beg to differ. Have you tried a trap-only build knowing that you have a limited number of casts of Shadow Trap per turn? The first two options do work, but the third one doesn't.
Also, there are enemies that can only be damaged on your turn, and not on their turn. A trap-based Sram who tries to hurt all their enemies by having them walk on a trap will be sorely disappointed.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #867208  Replies : 142  Views : 1329
posté Yesterday - 19:49:44 | #7
That quest has 9 parts to it, each one being the same thing as the one you're currently doing, but on harder dungeons and a larger quantity of boss items. The quest isn't meant to give you experience, it's an intentionally arduous quest with a really rare item as a reward (you can't get the item anywhere else, either). If anything, see it as motivation for farming low level dungeons, which will also end up giving you lots of experience to level up. Two birds with one stone!

However, that part about the mercenary quest sounds like an actual bug. No one I know has done both at the same time, so it's possible that it's slipped through the cracks this entire time. Try and file a bug report in the Technical Issues & Bugs forums?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867185  Replies : 3  Views : 126
posté Yesterday - 19:34:20 | #8

Quote (Tartumystic @ 27 May 2015 16:27) *
What I undrestand all classes get 5 specialities now.
Actually, Srams have 6 (one of our spell effects got separated into a specialty). I doubt we'd be the only class with 6 active specialties, so expect anything.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 27, 2015, 19:34:45.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867182  Replies : 14  Views : 458
posté Yesterday - 14:29:10 | #9

Quote (HateSpawn @ 27 May 2015 14:24) *
S T E E L

B E A K

E X I S T S

anyone who thinks "my gear isn't changing for the next year" and hasn't killed steel beak like 18 fucking times is goddamn crazy.
It's not the player's fault he can't find enough people that want to run SB. Only multiboxers have the luxury of running SB whenever they want without worrying about other players or real life issues messing their game plans.

Regardless, maxing runes makes winning the fight against SB easier. It's still hard, but it'll definitely be easier.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 27, 2015, 14:29:54.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #867082  Replies : 26  Views : 618
posté Yesterday - 05:41:05 | #10

Quote (SANSARTR @ 27 May 2015 05:02) *
I can't use spells because it will level then I cant max my main spells wtf...
You'll be able to max every spell. I think at level 200 though, but still. Before then, at lv175, you should have just 9 spells maxed, and just a bit of exp in other stuff..

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #866974  Replies : 556  Views : 8931
posté Yesterday - 04:04:11 | #11
That is way better. Even moreso seeing as how it helps the current game version's level cap instead of hinder it.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866948  Replies : 149  Views : 1467
posté May 26, 2015, 22:18:05 | #12
Actually, MP cost for spells was okay. Either use this spell and run away less, or use another spell and run away more. You had to weigh the pros and cons.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866853  Replies : 35  Views : 844
posté May 26, 2015, 12:31:51 | #13

Quote (Caliiintz @ 26 May 2015 09:50) *

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 23 May 2015 07:17) *

Quote (NealFravardin @ 23 May 2015 06:24) *
Deck system already limiting Sram's utility, which I can live with, but this update also nerfing damage on several spells and messing up spell combos. Bloody Ripoff is now 3ap instead of 2ap/1mp. This is very upsetting as many srams use 2xKlepto + BR as their main water branch combo. It is much harder to use Bloody Ripoff at 3ap now then it was before at 2ap/1mp. It fit into many more combos at 2ap/1mp then it does now at 3ap.

You can use Klepto + Forceful Blow + Bloody Ripoff, or Klepto + Torment + Bloody Ripoff, or Klepto + Rascalry + Bloody Ripoff. You can even use any two of the 4AP 20 Weak Point-generating spells in conjunction with Bloody Ripoff, and STILL have enough AP for an escape Scram.
You are mixing the branches... that makes no sense.... Indeed if a mob has super high resist to air/fire... u wanna stick with water.. come on...
Klepto + Rascalry + Bloody Ripoff is full water, and gives you +1MP and +5% final damage. I mentioned a spell combination for every tree: Forceful Blow if you're Water/Air, Torment if you're Water/Fire, and Rascalry if you're Water and have it (it buffs your final damages now). Calm down, smarty pants.

Also, next beta patch will see Bloody Ripoff lowered back down to 2AP. I don't know if it'll have the MP cost back, or if the MP cost will be removed and damage lowered though.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866666  Replies : 142  Views : 1329
posté May 26, 2015, 04:35:30 | #14

Quote (saphiLC @ 26 May 2015 04:27) *
and i know beta is beta for a reason, thats why im letting you all know i dislike what i tested, is not QQing or anything, just a way of letting ankama know (since tickets are so so so not reliable)
Did you suggest any changes to the devs? I mean, beta is to try things and see if they're okay or if they need more work. Sometimes constructive feedback is required to get thing working just right.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866563  Replies : 382  Views : 2086
posté May 26, 2015, 03:14:53 | #15
Eh, I find that if there's nothing you can use kamas on, might as well use them for runes. It's basically what separates good stats from great stats.

I dropped a GKC and used all the money I got from it (13mk) strictly in runes. Ended up runing everything I had minus the necklace and dagger, because I still want to replace those with better items. I still don't regret that decision, it's helped me do some really nasty damage on enemies and have good resists without having to sacrifice my dagger for a shield.

In my opinion, it's worth it. But ONLY on items you know you won't be replacing for months, probably even a year.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866548  Replies : 26  Views : 618
posté May 26, 2015, 02:32:10 | #16
It's a good thing they did that. If at level 175 we had 82% final resists, and we still had 25 levels' worth of resistances from equips and stats left, PLUS adding in whatever top level content addition there will be (for example, extremely rare level 205 equips, or a system alike that of Dofus's dofus), you could only imagine how unbalanced everything would've been at endgame. The damages done to a player with 95% final resists and one with 85% would be ENORMOUS.

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #866540  Replies : 4  Views : 139
posté May 26, 2015, 02:28:10 | #17

Quote (Crimson-Cowboy @ 26 May 2015 02:21) *
how does setting the deck work? also does each deck change your hotkeys? because if not then i feel like itd be a pain to rearrange hotkeys every time you switch decks
Drag and drop spells into the deck and they get set on your hotbar. First spell deck row is first hotbar (F1), second spell deck row is second hotbar (F2).

To rearrange spells in your hotbar after setting them in your deck, simply drag and drop the spells around from your hotbar.

Yes it will rearrange your hotbar every single time you mess around with your deck.

I assume you don't have access to beta?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866538  Replies : 141  Views : 1968
posté May 26, 2015, 01:35:38 | #18
After fully runing most of my gear, I have like 80% added resists (except the 20% from my necklace, still don't have an Eternal), 90% added damage (except the 10% from my dagger, still haven't dropped a Breath of Life), +40 dodge, and +60 initiative.

Im pretty sure those stats aren't insignificant. Especially the resists, which when finished will basically be 20% final resists added.

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 26, 2015, 01:36:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #866527  Replies : 26  Views : 618
posté May 26, 2015, 01:32:48 | #19

Quote (Dy7 @ 26 May 2015 01:25) *

Quote (Dy7 @ 23 May 2015 01:47) *
Basically, you have :
* 5 spells at lvl1
* 6 spells at lvl40
* 7 spells at lvl80
* 8 spells at lvl120
* 9 spells at lvl160
* 10 spells at lvl200

(And for example : ~7,5 spells at lvl100).

To precise — because it seems there are misunderstandings :

* The previous number are the "average" spell XP you will obtain at this level.

* After being level max, you will continue to gain spell experience. And it is possible to have all 15 elementary spells maxed.

* When you restat, the value you have to redistribute is the highest value between "the average spell xp you have at this level" and "your current spell xp" : there is no exp loss after a restat.
Ah, really good to hear. Being able to max all my spells was something that I looked forward to in the initial release of the game. I always viewed myself as being "the best Sram ever", but then spell exp cap was introduced and crushed my desires.

Also, thanks for the restat explanation. I was wondering how it would work, since I assumed you would just get the average spell exp you'd normally have at that level.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866526  Replies : 149  Views : 1467
posté May 26, 2015, 00:22:43 | #20

Quote (Dy7 @ 26 May 2015 00:20) *
Hello

I am currently checking if some improvements are feasible about trap.

What I would like is to totally dissociate Shadow Trap from the necessity to use nor unlock an elementary spell. By this, I mean, you would be able to chose which trap you want to place with only one spell.

On an other side, I already permitted Larceny to apply bonuses on an ally (... ally + caster if you have the passive !).

I will also change back Bloody Ripoff to 2 AP (and lower its damage accordingly) to not break your current combos.
Oh man, this has made me quite happy! Especially the Larceny change, I've been dreaming of that since the original write-up of the revamped Water Sram where we could actually buff allies (although it never made it to the live servers)! I can't wait for the next beta update to see how the Sram class feels.

Regarding traps (and this is totally up to you and your designs, Dy7; you can ignore my suggestion if you want):

I was thinking about self-casting Shadow Trap for cycling through the different traps, and then casting it on the field to place the traps. Seeing as how we already have three spell trees with each one having a distinctive style, basing a fourth build that spans across all 3 trees can be seen as detrimental in a sense. It's pretty restrictive, especially considering there's only 3 traps to be used for "trap-based Srams". They're mostly used complimentary to a normal build too, never by themselves. I have to admit that I've never seen someone use the fire and water traps offensively for example, only for the secondary effects. And they're supposed to be offensive traps. What about changing the traps' damage to chromatic, and if needed, lowering the damage done to balance it out?

If anything, self-casting a spell to cycle through the different states could also be applied to other classes to alleviate their limitations under the new system (such as Masqueraiders, who currently are afraid of sacrificing spell slots for each separate mask, which makes being a hybrid harder on them).

This post has been edited by SSBKewkky - May 27, 2015, 10:23:37.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #866501  Replies : 142  Views : 1329