Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

cbunny's profile
Statistics
352 Posts (0.58 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté October 23, 2014, 21:03:11 | #1

Quote (Senka @ 20 October 2014 21:34) *

Quote (Sabi @ 16 October 2014 18:31) *

Quote (FeldePard @ 13 October 2014 05:47) *
Is there an ETA on the exact date/time for the Al Howin event? Some of us have class stuff and holiday stuff going on, so I'd like to be able to get a better estimation on this event??

We are working on sharing the information as soon as ready but we understand the need to plan as it is a special period for us all and we may have extra festivities, hehe.

Two more patchdays to go and then Halloween is over.

Seriously, where is it?  

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #789746  Replies : 105  Views : 4804
posté August 19, 2014, 21:06:14 | #2
I'll be there
Sounds like a lot of fun. I can moderate or play, whatever is needed more of.
Also let me know if you want me to block off areas/doors with decos.
(Juni)

Thread : Events  Preview message : #764523  Replies : 5  Views : 438
posté July 30, 2014, 15:38:40 | #3
As others have forewarned, it is best not to level this spell beyond one point.
I decided to anyway, despite warnings, since Sadi dolls were given crits and they supposed fixed CMC, so I was like why not? I'm a summons build and I figured it would be beneficial, I'd just have to figure out how (last passive for me to pick). Well besides what Kiko mentioned, they are are not, and what was mentioned is extremely situational.
Tested and proven: not worth it.
When I'm able to respec, I'll add the points to tree for those pesky maps where summons can not be trusted. Tree wasn't part of my summon concept, but it's still more helpful/useful than explodoll.

Edit: Also, explodoll crits seem to be broken. Some people throw the idea around of a fire Sadi using this passive for a special snow flake build, but I would not recommend it, besides for messing around.

This post has been edited by cbunny - July 30, 2014, 15:41:28.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #758522  Replies : 9  Views : 643
posté July 28, 2014, 18:36:48 | #4

Quote (kurokat101 @ 28 July 2014 10:58) *

Quote (Elithril @ 27 July 2014 16:31) *
Osamoda, Sadida.... summons
Challenges "defeat all enemies in melee/ranged combat" - Akwardly it doesn't matter if your summon defeats the enemy in melee combat when the challenge is "defeat all enemies in melee combat". The only thing that matters is if the summoner is in melee combat with the killed enemy when the summon deals the killing blow (from across the map). So your pet can kill enemies with ranged attacks but the summoner has to stand next to the enemies to do as these challenge wants to. This is almost impossible, very stupid and certainly should be changed.
As my main is a Pure Water Summoner Sadida (has been since the beta), I can tell you this isn't a problem. Sure, Sadi's have their share of problems (but that's not a discussion for here, don't turn this into a Sadi complaint thread), but there are one of the few classes that can do EVERY challenge. Though some may take more effort than others. Ranged only is as simple as carfully summoning your dolls if you so choose to use them and on the harder close combat one, while you can still do it with dolls, you can easily decide not to use any. Both the Osa and the Sadi have spells of their own you know. Even as a Summoner Sadi, I can tell you it plays just fine without it's dolls as well and thus not as hard to deal with.

You could in this same complain complain how Cra's don't have close range spells (ignoring Retreat Arrow that no one levels) so they cannot do the close combat kill challenge, but even they can carry a weapon to finish something off.

If you are leaving things up to uncontrolled summons and their derpy AI (love their derpy glory as I spam the silly things out), then you should probably fail the challenge.

Your post, Elithril, is actually a very good PSA for what to look out for on what class for the challenges. Some of what you brought up should be fixed, but until then, thanks for sharing your experience.
Kat, you've made some great suggestions on how to avoid these problems altogether.
I'd like to add some more Sadi information, some tips for doing challenges as a Sadi

It is true that ranged or CC kills will relate to your Sadi and not the summons. Ranged is usually not a problem, but you should always check HP bars (Ctrl) right before your turn. If a monster near your doll is low on health, simply dolly sacrifice your summons if you do not have LoS, or vaporize to control it that turn. If you are playing content under your level for farming purposes, can just go lone that fight if you happen to get the CC challenge.
Beware explodoll on do not heal challenges. If a doll dies next to an ally, it will fail the challenge. Oh so annoying, but again, if you make a habit of checking the HP bars, you can plan to sacrifice or heal your summon. (Try not to leave seeds out on these challenges).
Summon actions can be used to your advantage. The elemental damage challenges will not fail if your summon uses the element. On the do not heal allies, your inflatable can heal your allies without fail (do not drain next to ally out of habit).
Backstab will relate to your character and not your summons. My Sadi happens to have a lot of dodge, making this challenge possible for me, but before I did, this was probably the hardest for the class (imo). I don't use Voodoo so I'm actually not sure about backstab in this case, I assume it's still based off the relation of the monster to your character.

There's probably some more quirks, but that's all I can think of off hand. Challenges are meant to be challenging, I think they take a bit of experience to get use to as well. Sometimes gameplay habits are hard to break, but it's also good to break them and try a new or different way of doing things.

This post has been edited by cbunny - July 28, 2014, 18:38:13.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #758003  Replies : 21  Views : 799
posté July 26, 2014, 22:08:39 | #5
Okay, well wherever I typed "support" pretend it says "support and/or heals". It really doesn't change the point of what I was trying to express.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #757562  Replies : 22  Views : 8423
posté July 26, 2014, 22:02:10 | #6

Quote (Neneko88 @ 26 July 2014 21:08) *
You talk a lot about support

What support? sudden chill?
by the way healing is healing, that's not support.

tank, heal, support are the terms
I apologize for my wording not being specific enough.
Support means "give assistance to". Healing teammates is assisting them to live longer. -Resistance state assists DPT characters to deal higher damage. Shields would be assisting in defense.
I see all of this as "support" o.O

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #757557  Replies : 22  Views : 8423
posté July 26, 2014, 20:31:27 | #7
Wonderful post Aqua. It's really in depth. You asked me to take a look, but I'm racking my brain of what to add. I guess just my experience?
One part of your post you'll want to address is the general damage information regarding heals. You were right at the time, but Ankama has since changed heals to benefit from flat damage. The one thing I'm not sure about is inflatables, they might still only benefit from heals.
There is SO much more flexibility to this build now. You can in fact be a primary healer with this build, enough to rival enis (at least for heals, if you ever need an eni for res/trans, those tasks can not be accomplished by the sadida).

I'm a 148 Water/Air Sadida. I started out as pure water (actually water/earth, then to water, then to water/air), so it's been an evolution. I'm still not in my ideal set for my build, as Ankama has been adding more viable gear for it recently, and mostly at the endgame level. I'll add advice that I would have found helpful. Feel free to disagree or add, but this has been my experience.

I wouldn't discourage players from starting with one element and then moving into two (save them respec mats!), as the Sadi needs a lot of different stats and maxed spells in order for it to work up to it's full potential. Finding them all and having dual elements is quite a challenge. The Sadi is a jack of all trades build. It can do a lot, but if you spread yourself too thin, your character can end up too weak. It is certainly best to choose a focus, then build up from there.
The first thing I would ask is if you want to focus DPT or support, both of which the Sadi can do well, but I believe this really splits how to build it. Also, this is DPT-Support on the spectrum of a Sadida, a Sadi's DPT can still give a lot of support, and the DPT might still seem lacking compared to other classes.

DPT: Lone Build
Specialties needed: Knowledge of Dolls, Lone Sadida, Voodoll (Suggested with Doll Link and Tree for more durability and for more use with Voodoll).
Main spells: Tear and Chill. Chill reduces resistance and hits pretty nice, Tear has awesome range with high damage which deals additional damage to the enemy when linked to the Voodoll. (Also both are no line of sight and range modifiable ;D)
Supporting spells: Here is where you can really customize your play style with in the Lone Air/Water build. You could go for mudoll for heals/dmg, rust for AoE (think of voodoll) or drain for massive heals and great damage (the last two have higher costs to consider). You could also focus on air stacks to add to the voodoo or to add mobility to your character and team. Combined with high crits on your set, you could get your air stacks to an impressive level (I'd look at spell costs to figure out the best combination for your planned set).

Support: Summon Build
Specialties needed: Knowledge of Dolls, Doll, Green Guard, Sic'Em More, Dolly Sacrifice (Tip: You will want/need lone for maps where AI can not be trusted or WP can not be used).
Spells: You will primarily be using greedies and/or ultras with this build. (Along with blocks, inflatables, or whatever other dolls you fancy, but you do not need to level spells to summon, just keep cost in mind so you can make a solid combo). You'll want to pick spells that work the best with your dolls. Tear for instance, I wouldn't recommend as this build gets more utility and benefit from rust and/or drain, and it is a very high cost to be throwing summons out with. Air has lower spell costs, so I feel there is more flexibility and it comes down to taste and play style. Would you rather get stacks up with your dolls, or would you rather support your team with heals while the dolls run around and do their thing?

I feel like the summon build has the most flexibility for playstyle, as there is so much one Sadi can do with all the different dolls.
Gearing the summon Sadi is a bit of a challenge. I won't go through it so specifically because I'm still figuring out my own set. The stats you will want though, are: 5-6 Control, Additional Range, AP, MP, high HP, high critical hits, strong water/air or flat damage (heals are great but flat damage and water both count for heals, so there is some flexibility here). You'll also need decent initiative as going last as a summon Sadi kind of gimps their usefulness.

This post has been edited by cbunny - July 26, 2014, 21:00:49.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #757537  Replies : 22  Views : 8423
posté July 25, 2014, 04:41:04 | #8
Nox Temporary Crash Tonight from about 10:30-10:40 p.m. EST the entire Nox server appeared to freeze up. Multiple players confirmed in group and guild chat. Chat was working, but most other actions were frozen. Relogging would result in endless spinning.
It seems to have stopped now, and the game is running again.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #757036  Replies : 0  Views : 81
posté July 23, 2014, 16:12:22 | #9
Ticket Sent, Can't sign up to support. I had an issue with the shop yesterday and I sent a ticket using the ankama support website with the e-mail that is registered with my account.
However, I haven't gotten any confirmation e-mail or anything. I checked my spam folder too, nothing.
Today I tried to sign in to check replies, and saw that I need a password set up. I filled out the form to send one to that same e-mail, which is registered with my account, and nothing. I checked the spam folder too.

So what do I do?
Reregister and resend the ticket?
Does my account sound breached, or is this a common issue? It worries me to fill out my e-mail twice and not receive anything.
How am I to resolve anything if I can't even sign up to support? =_=

Thanks!

This post has been edited by cbunny - July 23, 2014, 16:15:26.
Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #756487  Replies : 0  Views : 53
posté July 13, 2014, 15:39:24 | #10
Thanks for all the information Mango.
Man, I want the steed o.o

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753662  Replies : 62  Views : 3032
posté July 13, 2014, 15:35:30 | #11
I would also be against a singular chat.
Wakfu has not had a high population, and that has been changing and probably will change more with f2p and Ankama's international plans.
With more people, there will be more communication.
I turn Recruitment, Trade, Vicinity and Politics on and off depending on if I am looking for a party, to buy/sell, or to socialize. They have different purposes, I think they should have separate channels.
Guild and Group chat is also the most active. I toggle the others to reduce spam.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753661  Replies : 15  Views : 470
posté July 12, 2014, 18:06:43 | #12

Quote (Brokonaut @ 12 July 2014 15:45) *

Quote (JoolsX @ 12 July 2014 12:00) *
What exactly do the mounts do? Is there a breeding system like in Dofus where different colours give different stats, or is it a fixed stat like a pet?

When you complete the quest, you're given one token to purchase one of the basic Dragoturkey mounts. By default, they give 25% movement speed boost, and as you level them (they level up just like a pet, and eat Wheat Grain) they slowly give you more and more of one in four new stats (Single Target Damage, AoE Damage, Melee Damage, Ranged Damage). Which one you choose completely depends on your class, build, and playstyle. There is no breeding system.

• Mango
Do you know how to get the Steeds? The bigger Dts?
Do they level up into them, or do they have to be bought?
I'd really like to know xD

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753458  Replies : 62  Views : 3032
posté July 12, 2014, 18:01:21 | #13
Ohh, yes, this.
I'm a GM and I have also encountered ranking problems.
It seems that something is messed up with the scroll bar. In my guild there are about 14 ranks, and if you try to scroll down to edit the rights for the ranks at the bottom of the list (or add a new one), the scroll bar will automatically stick back to the top, making it very difficult to click and edit the rank. I accidentally deleted a rank this way, it was very problematic (since the delete is right next to the scroll bar).
If you use some patience, you can use a scroll wheel and if you're lucky you can catch the rank to show it's rights to edit on the left. It isn't impossible, but it is infuriating.

This needs to be fixed.

Not sure if this is what is happening to you, but that's what happening to me.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #753457  Replies : 8  Views : 403
posté July 10, 2014, 21:32:26 | #14

Quote (Sabi @ 10 July 2014 19:00) *
Legendary items recipes: The amount of ingredients in these level 100 recipes and requiring a Craft Seal will be divided by 3.
Level 100 weapons made ​​with a Craft Seal: These items will become an ingredient taken into account in the crafting of level 150 legendary weapons.

This means all items with craft seals, not just weapons? Right?
What if the number of materials is not divisible by 3?
I'm working on the Imperial Pyrotech Belt, is why I ask. For example, what would happen to 10 Clergymen Belts? Will numbers round up, down, or will it vary per item/material?

Thanks for the heads up, I can estimate my count for now.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #752895  Replies : 100  Views : 6931
posté July 10, 2014, 17:00:16 | #15
I was not nearly as impressed.
There are a lot of alignment and pixelation issues. It looks like the art was grabbed from a few different sources of varying size, and they mashed it together a bit. As updates come the art can easily be updated to look more polished. I would suggest going back to the original source file and trying to get better quality with resizing, or making new art at the right size for the website images.

Example:
Click here

Ouch, those edges!

The layout is looking very good though.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #752776  Replies : 10  Views : 307
posté July 07, 2014, 16:33:02 | #16
I don't get why they are revamping the nation areas, what was wrong with them?
It feels like a totally new version of the game is coming out! They've been busy-busy :O

Thank you guys for sharing pictures and news with us!!

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #751911  Replies : 561  Views : 34164
posté July 07, 2014, 16:14:42 | #17
This is really unfortunate, I wish we could help you.

Maybe some sort of redirect can be set up for the news. If you get the English/French news posted to the German site, at least players can be enticed by the pictures and use Google to sort of translate the text, to know the game isn't dead. (I'm not sure how different the server news is though).
Or the German main page's news can be unlinked and replaced with something that isn't time sensitive. Just a general text and image post about Wakfu. Do away with the news feed if it isn't going to be updated.
They could also take on some player help.

Those are some ideas, but it's up to the team. I hope they help your server out!

Edit: I also had a thought. Ankama has been talking about all these changes for international growth. I don't have any insider information, but they could be reworking the news and communication for a global scale. The English community has has problems with service and we're lacking enough information ourselves (not nearly as neglected as yours though). They have been telling us changes are coming and we've heard rumors of new hires and a new CM. Maybe they will be bringing all of the international community together? I have no idea, but maybe don't lose hope yet  

This post has been edited by cbunny - July 07, 2014, 16:21:35.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #751907  Replies : 23  Views : 1050
posté July 05, 2014, 17:26:08 | #18
I keep checking back to see if there are any answers. There are not. It's the weekend now, so here is hoping for Monday.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE DROP RATES WHEN WAKFU GOES F2P?

Is it the same system as experience? Will the full booster pack give us drops like they are currently, less, or more?

PLEASE TELL US! o.o please

My guild mate assures me that the drop system will be the same as the XP change, based on answers in the french forum, but the English community still needs confirmation.

Stop the chaos!!

This post has been edited by cbunny - July 05, 2014, 18:05:42.
Thread : News  Preview message : #751612  Replies : 135  Views : 7655
posté July 04, 2014, 18:20:05 | #19
Challenge bug: MM counts as enemy Fighting Lenalds, "Doubled" challenge. We had yet to kill any monster, when scale died and triggered the challenge to fail. It seems Scale was counted as an enemy :|

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #751465  Replies : 0  Views : 157
posté July 03, 2014, 18:35:29 | #20
This was resolved with the hotfix.

Thank you Ankama!

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #751220  Replies : 2  Views : 173