Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

smallz117's profile
Statistics
866 Posts (0.8 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté October 28, 2014, 19:08:14 | #1
Maybe for most people but jokes on you I'm a Blues Traveler when it comes to playing a Sadida.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #791158  Replies : 1  Views : 159
posté October 24, 2014, 18:54:27 | #2
Air with water or fire is considered an Off-healer. Off-healers are classes that only heal when there is an emergency. Air is a really great branch for putting out some nice quick damage.

The point of a Fire/Air eni is to barrage an opponent with air spells and marks to give your team the greatest advantage possible, the amount of stat swings offered from air spells and mark effects is the greatest in the game and makes air/fire enis always pull well more than their weight in a fight.

Water/Air has more AoEs to work with for dealing damage, giving you some pretty nice damage output when enemies are lined up right. Plus they have a bit easier time healing when you have to. But I still consider this build an Off-healer.

Some people try to play it as an Off-DPS (only dealing damage when you dont have to heal), but I don't like that idea because Off-DPS are only really good when grinding lower level content or if you have two Off-DPS in your party. Sure, you can use it in high level content, and you can make it work, but you'll have to have another Off-DPS or Healer on the team, and usually an Off-Healer+Helaer will have a greater impact than Off-DPS+Off-DPS or Off-DPS+Healer.
Tl;DR: If you wanna make a water/air or fire/air eni, dont focus too much on trying to be a healer. Off-Healer > Off-DPS.

Water/Fire and Air/Fire are tied for value in a party, just depends on what the party needs most. (Note: never have a water/fire eni and a fire/air eni in the same party)
Water/Air enis are good, but often struggle showing their strength if you can't find any good AoEs.

This post has been edited by smallz117 - October 24, 2014, 19:02:25.
Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #790037  Replies : 6  Views : 380
posté September 23, 2014, 20:32:34 | #3
Also, cras are some of the least mechanically interesting classes atm. Would like to see some more interesting variation in spells, that's really something I want in all classes, every situation requires a different set of spells that work best for it, that's why I usually play support classes.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #779648  Replies : 98  Views : 4071
posté September 23, 2014, 09:25:26 | #4
This bug has been around for a while, used to happen a ton at boowolves, too.

Basically, though, the game is programmed where if the target is marked, oncethey reach 0 hp, the game begins to calculate the mark's effects. However, the way the system seems to be set up, the mosnter still has to stay on the field so the mark can correctly apply the damage/heal that is based on the level of the monster. This entity is at 0hp, but still technically alive, and therfore any extrernal effects can still effect them during this very small period of time.

What happened with boowolves in Lunar dungeon was that they would have lifesteal on their attacks (i think it was 20% or something like that), so when the mass mark triggered and damaged another wolf, they would lifesteal that and regain health, you could then reapply the mark and do it again to continue damaging the monsters beside your target. But yea, now you know.

PS - Fire Enis will always be superior

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #779280  Replies : 2  Views : 232
posté September 22, 2014, 03:01:38 | #5
Ahh, it isnt a real "I quit" thread until skullnbones posts in it

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778780  Replies : 28  Views : 1004
posté September 22, 2014, 00:27:32 | #6
I want the to be large range with high damage, with sizable drawbacks, but the last thing i want is cra damage to be so much where people just go "cras and pandas" groups and throw mobs away into the danger zone of cra spells.

There's a lot of ideas I would love to see for cras (water cra plx) or have air have like 7min range spells but higher damage, but im not the one balancing the game, nor am I a cra main.

But I expect them to have a revamp some time soon, and beacons will likely have a similar selection and spell set up like sram traps.

Thread : Cra  Preview message : #778742  Replies : 98  Views : 4071
posté September 21, 2014, 19:24:40 | #7

Quote (Recuva @ 21 September 2014 16:45) *

Quote (samrux2 @ 21 September 2014 16:04) *
I must be honest.

Your english is TERRIBLE and we CAN'T understand what you're trying to say. We don't understand you. I'm sorry.

Right. then don't
This f**king killed me, im laughing so hard. That's one of the best responces I've seen in a while, legit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #778627  Replies : 28  Views : 1004
posté September 19, 2014, 18:23:15 | #8

Quote (Neneko88 @ 19 September 2014 00:22) *
I just don't understand how they went from low damage dolls with high hp to low damage dolls with low hp
Oh, well that's simple why you cant understand it. Dolls were good damage back in the day, there was just only 1 doll that did damage.

Dolls are currently balanced in the way they are because there are infinite of them. If you change that and make it to where once a doll dies it wont come back, then expect things to take a different turn.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #778003  Replies : 168  Views : 6594
posté September 18, 2014, 21:09:19 | #9
What we should do is just delete sadidas from the game since no one will ever be pleased with their gameplay and constantly question their balance in game.

See, problem solved, and we will never have to worry about it again.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #777644  Replies : 168  Views : 6594
posté September 18, 2014, 19:33:01 | #10
*Gets out the Nerf bat*

It's more fun to hit things with this, lets just nerf all quest exp

This post has been edited by smallz117 - September 18, 2014, 19:33:19.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #777592  Replies : 4  Views : 224
posté September 17, 2014, 06:53:52 | #11
There is a difference between casual players and bad players, keep this in mind. I have a casual play time cause i have more important things going on than to spend all my time on this game. I'm not on too much and most of my time is actually spent conversing with others, and I've only run Black Spore HC 2 times and Castuc HC once, and thats it for my HC experience, and my highest level is 136.
And yet after all of this there really isnt much I complain about unless it's extremely game breaking or the amount of grind this game requires at higher levels (but that's MMOs for ya).

Most of the people I see complaining are often people who just fail to understand most game mechanics or other things involved, or have their own idealized view of the game and think everything should be as they see it (aka arrogant/selfish people).
Some examples of this can be seen from:
When Heal Resists first came out
Eni Revamp (people claimed they were useless after the revamp)
People claiming the Feca Shield "nerf" was too much this past update
Sadida Forums
etc.

This post has been edited by smallz117 - September 17, 2014, 06:54:15.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776896  Replies : 163  Views : 4084
posté September 16, 2014, 20:06:23 | #12

Quote (Neneko88 @ 16 September 2014 17:12) *
the last weak they nerfed them (and increased monster resists to the point that they only do good damage against things that have 10% (final resists or less). Anything above 20 they only do 200-300 (maybe 400).
Incase you dont, stating that monsters had increased resists effects all classes and probablyshouldnt be added in your argument that "dolls were nerfed" since everyone was.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #776716  Replies : 168  Views : 6594
posté September 15, 2014, 16:46:59 | #13
I'd like to call into account that both sides of this argument are really bad at the game and should kiss and make up because they are both at fault.

As a side note, PvP flags mean you are a PK'er (since you kill players for points) so learn to deal with the fact that PK'ers will be PK'd. If you just want to duel, then you dont need the PvP flags out. Problem Solved.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776181  Replies : 33  Views : 1143
posté September 15, 2014, 16:22:01 | #14
Actually, the fact that Wakfu is a Turn-Based Strategy game means that there really isnt a way for the fights to NOT take long.

So the fact WoW and Wakfu has similar time requirements just makes it seem like Wakfu is doing a pretty good job with what it is working with, when compared to a button-mashing game.

This is probably why there really isnt another TBS MMO out the because TBS requires so much work to try to add strategy combined with a respectable time requirement.
You can really only get a few situations:
A game with a lot of strategy but requires 5+hours to do anything.
A game with some strategy and requires 2-3 hours to do anything.
A game with no strategy and requires 1 hour or less to do anything.

This is just a fact you have to live with when it comes to TBS MMOs

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #776175  Replies : 163  Views : 4084
posté September 14, 2014, 02:54:10 | #15

Quote (ForgottenAeon @ 14 September 2014 01:42) *
Any consensus on the impact of the healing resist changes among the endgame community? I noticed my healing was impacted significantly but I'm not sure if it's less of an issue at higher levels. Hearing horror stories about Enis being abandoned en-masse in favour of Sadis and osas. I'm sure this is exaggerated but some confirmation would be swell.
Havent heard anything about people prefering Osas yet, but Sadidas do have a higher healing potential if they have inflatables out, and Sadidas also have shields if they take earth, too.

So far the biggest heals I've see so far are still from Eni's but they come from Fire Enis, because of Sadist Mark and Mass Mark. With that I havent really had to do much healing with anything beyond a couple water heals here and there, on content around my level, but im currently lvl 135, so I dont know how that scales into the higher level stuff.
But if you go water/air eni or pure water eni, dont expect to be able to do the healing you need to have done.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #775609  Replies : 12  Views : 3321
posté September 12, 2014, 19:05:56 | #16

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 12 September 2014 18:33) *
The rebounding heal sucks if you have a precision ranged build equiped with emiw set, i avoided leveling that spell.
Oh, true, most of my gear has just long range on it, but it isnt much, so I forgot about the scale related to gear like that, I should probably put Fort on higher importance, and probably tie Healing and Invig, with preference based on the gear you are using.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #775075  Replies : 12  Views : 3321
posté September 12, 2014, 17:43:19 | #17
Important things to know about statting enis after September There is no reason not to have the Fire branch, now. It's basically god tier.
Want water? go fire/water
Want air? go fire/air
Want water/air? go water/fire/air

Personal Stats
Intelligence: Resists and HP (you can neglect resists if you have 50-60% final resists already)
Strength: Evenly in all the damage/resists choices (top 4)
Chance: Crit and Block
Agility: Dodge
Major: Mostly up to you, but AP, MP, range tend to be the best to build for.

This pretty much is go-to for any eni build.

Specialties:
Expert Healer will probably now be one of the last things you do, since +40% is so little.

Mass Mark is a must since you cant not have fire now.
Eniraser and Constitution will be wanted next, and Propagation Master if you have air.
Absorbtion and Unnatural Remedies will be recommended next.
Anything else is now up to whether your experiences in fights will make having the spell worthwhile.

Fire spells from best to worst to level: Sadist / Refund / Traid / Hammel / Rebirth
Water spells from best to worst to level: Invig / Fort / Healing / Renewing / Revit
Air spells from best to worst to level: Psychosis / Infected / Pain / Lethargy / Fear
(note: spells like Pain, Healing, Renewing, Rebirth, and Traid might prove to be better to have on lower or uneven AP builds, or if you are going tri-brid)

This post has been edited by smallz117 - September 12, 2014, 17:45:31.
Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #775034  Replies : 12  Views : 3321
posté September 12, 2014, 16:30:54 | #18

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 12 September 2014 16:01) *
I am now sitting in respec room. I have my build almost ready, just need to decide between 2 air spells to choose from (need some more testing). However what i have problem with is the Intelligence stat point distribution:

Appearently heal % gained is awsome as it boost heal done to you by inflatables by 40%, but heal resist % now increase so fast that i am thinking it's not that good choice anymore, especially considering you sacrifice max HP% increase for that, wich means heal resist will increase faster.

I was also wondering how will that 100% resist bonus impact my resist at higher levels. Will it be gradually weaker then in earlier levels?

For now i am choosing max HP% to the end, because it makes my dolls survive the hit (once even my greedy survived with less then 10 hp left from one of cheap in cost ecaflip attacks, wich made my day ), but i am really considering letting dolls die if the resist % from Inteligence will be effective choice at higher level.

My plan is to limit dmg received as much as possible, however without nerfing elemental dmg% (so from STR i still choose dmg% not HP). For that i picked max Block (Chance) , incoming final dmg reduction (major) and maxed doll link passive, wich with these current changes seems worth getting. Now i am wondering if these 100% resist more will help me or should i stick to max HP% to get less heal resist% and more durable dolls.

Would be helpful to get some sort of formula on how final resist increase will change with my level progression.
Well at like lvl120+, you are usually gonna want 50-60% final resists, at that point the points will likely be better going to hp or other stats.
From the numbers I've seen, about 310% resists is 50% final resists, which is really easy to reach now.
I think 60% is reached at around 400% resists (but my memory is foggy) and it takes much more to increase from then on.

Increased heals recieved is a situational stat and really only good on already large hp classes like foggers and sacs.

And choosing block is a great decision, because it's one of the most efficient stats in the entire game now for its cost. Every single character I have is statted block and crits.

The final damage reduction increase is a personal preference. Its really nice, but its also a Major stat, so it just depends on what works best for you, which seems that it would work well with your current build, but I havent tested that type of build so I dont know the best efficiency with it.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #775004  Replies : 168  Views : 6594