Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

smallz117's profile
Statistics
1014 Posts (0.65 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté February 04, 2016, 22:29:05 | #1
I'd rather Ankara never warned anyone ever, these threads never get old.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941761  Replies : 8  Views : 666
posté February 04, 2016, 22:23:55 | #2
Catzila is famous for not actually paying attention to what he's doing, so it's a pretty safe bet to ignore anything he says

This post has been edited by smallz117 - February 04, 2016, 22:24:55.
Thread : 1.45 Bug Reports  Preview message : #941759  Replies : 23  Views : 872
posté February 03, 2016, 22:44:21 | #3
The only reason feca is so strong is it's a bottle of free stats for itself. It exists only as a support tank, and cant really take any other form effectively, but all you need is your passives and 2 spells and you do more than any other class can do via tanking, everything else the feca has is just a bonus.

If there was a way to have feca still play its role while actually requiring, idk, different spells to buff itself to give itself those bottle of stats, and then if you find out you dont need those bottle of defensive stats, you can focus more on buffing allies.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #941610  Replies : 169  Views : 5841
posté February 03, 2016, 14:49:26 | #4
Sadist is great for a solo, if you were going Air/Fire. But Water/Air is already doing so much for you anyway, as you said.

Lock isnt a necessity, since you should be able to be in range of most mobs. And I dont think you'll need more bulkiness beyond the resists/hp.

Skill-wise, I use all water spells other than Healing Word (terrible spell), and pretty much all air spells (but Fear Flask just for utility and not leveled). And I also use Here Mark for the lock/dodge, along for the healing utility (since I run mostly as a healer).

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #941559  Replies : 6  Views : 527
posté February 02, 2016, 23:01:36 | #5
The most important thing is Water+Here Mark, you can go Air or Fire as your secondary, but make sure you at least have Here mark on your Arsenal.

I used to be a fire/water eni for the heals, but realized later on that I was only using Here Mark for heals and never touch any other fire spell for heals, only damage. And since Air is better damage, along with Psy Flask's dmg reduction, I switched to Air, and find it much more enjoyable, flexible, better support in Koko and Cannibal (reducing boss's damage), and still great heals.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #941486  Replies : 1  Views : 377
posté February 02, 2016, 19:27:14 | #6
I'm 40 Crit 70 block eni with absorption/const passives. This gives me a lot of innate bulkiness. And if you need to tank more than you heal, you also grab Transgression. You use Here mark to help give you some lock, I have 600 lock with it proc'd.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #941453  Replies : 2  Views : 141
posté February 02, 2016, 19:23:16 | #7
It would be incredibly potent for an air eni to freely switch modes, the debuff/dmg bonuses are really strong. Water+Fire heals would also be extremely strong (if used correctly) if you could make sure you had the mp for it. It also makes you think more about which spells you want if you intend on swapping frequently.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #941451  Replies : 10  Views : 1595
posté January 08, 2016, 02:00:47 | #8
People looking to use Twilight require having 725 BQ in order for it to be a good spell. But the time required, as stated above, ends up only being good for a 1 turn burst, but ends up making you deal less damage than a Light Arrow spam would do or HoF on something like Shiny Orbs.
That BQ you throw away is really valuable, so make sure to choose wisely when you dump it or youll just look like a goof doing alright damage every 2-3 turns, with meh damage in between.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #936477  Replies : 176  Views : 5914
posté January 05, 2016, 04:08:50 | #9
The most important things in this game are:
Consistant damage (dmg you can do every single turn)
AoE damage
Burst on the 1st-2nd turn.

Any class that doesn't meet this criteria will usually fail as a damage dealer.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #935830  Replies : 176  Views : 5914
posté January 03, 2016, 12:43:01 | #10
Looks like the Huppermage that's on beta now is the soon to be released Huppermage, minus whatever ninja nerfs/buffs they throw in. How do you guys feel about what it's release will probably bring?

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #935597  Replies : 176  Views : 5914
posté December 29, 2015, 18:42:59 | #11
Since I see this mistake a lot, I'll tell you guys now.

All +Final Damage is multiplicative. So having 8 +5% FD is more effective than 2 +20% FD.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #934918  Replies : 328  Views : 6714
posté December 28, 2015, 21:19:40 | #12
Remove all classes in the game other than Enis. They are the only class we need in Wakfu.

On a side note, it's fun watching people be upset and commenting on classes they know nothing about, or asking for nerfs without thinking more about how they can outplay something, or asking for buffs without learning how to be good at the game.

Now I'm not saying there aren't well deserved nerfs and buffs required in this game for a few classes/branches.

All I'm saying is before you say anything, please learn how to play the game and get good.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #934786  Replies : 328  Views : 6714
posté December 25, 2015, 08:32:03 | #13
The feedback thread has been so quiet, though, so a thread like this might actually be more successful on drawing attention.

Anyway~ I could probably draw up a bunch of build ideas in a couple days, but Im pretty set on what I want to do.
Running with Air/Fire for what both branches offer, and running with Light Sword and Light Arrow as my primary Light spells.

I also wanna test out pulsation, too. And test out a troll kiting build with Water/Air. And then look into a Fire/Earth "Light-less" build. A lot of builds I want to test, but no matter what I pretty much have my mind set in what I want.

This post has been edited by smallz117 - December 25, 2015, 08:43:28.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #934148  Replies : 6  Views : 858
posté December 22, 2015, 04:50:16 | #14

Quote (Akiraiz @ 22 December 2015 03:24) *
I find Fire to be a bit weird in my opinion. Resonance is a bit too melee for my taste, but it is definitely an amazing spell. Energy Flux is obviously the spam spell so it is decent in what it does, but Light of Dawn has that weird 5 AP cost that make it a bit difficult to use, although I guess Double Dawn still has a decent damage ratio for its ap cost.

Water I think feels the weakest due to Vestige being an AP removal spell, where I can't see the value of removing 2 AP, even if it is an AoE. It also uses a water rune, which I would much prefer to use on Visio Imperum. Downpour also has a minimum range of 3 too, which can become unreliable if you end up stabilized or locked down by Sacriers, Iops, or a lot of enemies.
Oh man, I love Fire so much, Resonance and Dawn are my favs, especially getting 4 runes for putting 6lvl Incurable on someone. Sadly it doesnt stack, but its still one of the nicest anti-heals in the game. And then Resonance's AoE is just to die for, I love it.

But yea, Water is definitely on the weaker end, it is balanced a bit thanks to the water passive, but still on the weaker side, and it also means that water basically has to be support/debuff and kinda forces your Huppermage into that defensive position.

Every Branch has its strength:
Fire: Damage and Incurable
Earth: Shield Manipulation
Air: Positioning and Rune Manip
Water: Sacrificing Runes for debuffs/long range displacement.

Which is mostly why water is on the weaker end, joking aside, it's the most rune intensive branch and basically requires you to work around it. Which basically shunts you Light spell usage, too. It would be nice if the 2nd spell at least like allowed you to recover any runes from the last spell cast, to help work within the branch, while also allowing it to help other branches other than being "that one water spell you cast in melee combat".

(and so far the idea of a spell like this seems to be balanced with all available spells other than Visio and Will-o-Wisp, which it could probably just have a stipulation to only pull runes back from Elemental/Light spells.)

This post has been edited by smallz117 - December 22, 2015, 04:57:04.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #933438  Replies : 17  Views : 951
posté December 22, 2015, 03:13:26 | #15

Quote (Akiraiz @ 22 December 2015 02:27) *

Quote (smallz117 @ 22 December 2015 02:24) *
Air/Fire the superior Huppermage.
Maybe, but there are some spells in the other branches that I do want.
Earth is pretty good at armor busting and even stealing, which is pretty prominent in pvp.
Water has a spell that reduces crits. The others I can just sort of ignore, but water rune is pretty important in removing the cost of Visio Imperum.
Waters are important for that, true, I just enjoy the damage from fire/air too much, and what the spells have to offer.
And besides, I feel like water got pretty shafted with this update with the -AP, but maybe it was needed with the rest of what the kit can offer.
However, I do love the idea of picking up Earth, but my gear doesnt really allow it right now, nor is it really necessary atm. But if I get the chance I'll pick up Backband (the armor theft)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #933428  Replies : 17  Views : 951
posté December 22, 2015, 02:24:08 | #16
Air/Fire the superior Huppermage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #933415  Replies : 17  Views : 951
posté December 13, 2015, 17:43:27 | #17

Quote (shankissimo @ 13 December 2015 08:45) *

Quote (Hearttyace @ 13 December 2015 08:22) *
Flaming free.. Ok, this is why we don't let Blaz balance. I'm done.
Or is the Flaming applied to you as a bonus effect from the 3AP Thunderbolt that you casted, because of which the spell has slightly below-average base damage ratio?
Exactly that.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #931489  Replies : 176  Views : 5914
posté December 13, 2015, 05:48:47 | #18

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 13 December 2015 05:36) *
It's barely possible to kite an Ecaflip, what are you talking about?

Anyway, I will just 'not play' rogue in PvP against Huppermages, just how I don't do PvP against Sadidas.
Oh, I assumed you were making a good case...ofc using air rogue would end terribly against anything that can kite well.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #931405  Replies : 176  Views : 5914
posté December 13, 2015, 05:17:21 | #19

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 13 December 2015 05:11) *

Quote (smallz117 @ 13 December 2015 05:06) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 13 December 2015 04:58) *
I don't think that the spell is so very broken (it is 1 per turn, apparently the devs want the Huppermage to be capable of such teleportation feats), but regardless I have to disagree with you.

As you said, I can use any class as an example, so I take the Iop, Jabs combo - 1MP -21, 1MP -21, 3AP -81, 3AP -150 (AOE around target). Does this 150 base AOE around target cost 3AP, or does it cost 2MP6AP (if so, where does the 123 base damage from first 2MP3AP used goes?)?
Actually, technically the combo would be a 2MP6AP spell, and I would consider it a 2MP6AP AoE spell for 150 base damage, but only 123 base damage on the targeted cell. You only start calculating everything together when they start being interlaced, but you have to make sure you add every little part of each spell to it. It's things like that, though, that makes balancing so tricky, and one of the reasons Enis are so strong at healing (Here Mark and AoE healing).

My only problem with your suggestion towards fixing it is that it only restricts all a Huppermage can do, while I want it to help be part of a type of playstyle, so Huppermage has something other than "dmg/dmg/dmg"
But the original target still suffers 273 total base damage, not just 150 from the AOE - damage is damage.

I understand that my initial suggestion was bad, so now I thought abotut restricting only the consumption of Aer'rune.
My bad, I still remember when the AoE used to not effect the target when I first played with Iop, but that's beside the point.

But what you have suggested still restricts what a Huppermage can do, which is what I'm mostly against. All I want is something that allows teleporting every turn, but is costly in itself, both making sure you use spells to make sure you can, while also making sure your passives also will allow it. And you can still take different paths, by reducing your Final damage bonuses so you can make sure to still use light spells while teleporting, or by keeping a bunch of final damage, but making sure to use light spells much more sparingly.

This post has been edited by smallz117 - December 13, 2015, 05:19:19.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #931391  Replies : 176  Views : 5914
posté December 13, 2015, 05:10:54 | #20

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 13 December 2015 05:07) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 13 December 2015 05:03) *

Quote (blazakkhakabow @ 13 December 2015 04:58) *
I don't think that the spell is so very broken (it is 1 per turn, apparently the devs want the Huppermage to be capable of such teleportation feats), but regardless I have to disagree with you.

As you said, I can use any class as an example, so I take the Iop, Jabs combo - 1MP -21, 1MP -21, 3AP -81, 3AP -150 (AOE around target). Does this 150 base AOE around target cost 3AP, or does it cost 2MP6AP (if so, where does the 123 base damage from first 2MP3AP used goes?)?
Can you pull off the jabs combo's final result without doing all the other things or not?

That's like asking me can I be fully clothed without putting on all my clothes...

Your base damage is irrelevant to the cost of your desired result. You wanted the AoE and to get it you had to do all of that. So yes, that's the cost...

~Kouett
That depends on what you are looking for anyway. I suppose it would be OK to claim that if you buy 11,000 OGRINES and got a Grinch costume, that you just paid 20€ for a Grinch costume?
You have to add everything on the value used, you cant just say you spent $20 on grocery shopping, and then pull some M&Ms out of the bag and say you spent $20 on M&Ms.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #931389  Replies : 176  Views : 5914