Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

strawberrybug's profile
Statistics
26 Posts (0.02 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté June 06, 2015, 07:00:21 | #1
A change I'd like to see: when the panda consumes Dizzy, maybe we could have a separate state (I'll call it Caffeine. I'm sure someone can do better.) that gains levels in order to regenerate WP (i.e., if you consume 6 levels of Dizzy, you get +6 levels of Caffeine. When you gain 9 more levels of Caffeine from consuming more Dizzy later, you get the WP back from 15 total Caffeine). It's not a big change, but it would be nice for pandas to have a little more flexibility with Dizzy consumption. Right now there's too much pressure to always stack to 15. And it's a little more in line with the other classes' incremental WP regen passives.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #872204  Replies : 326  Views : 9166
posté June 05, 2015, 23:17:57 | #2
I miss the occasional badass multi-cast of D6, and I miss the crazy meteor shower of Craps.

I enjoy the flea idea. It's pretty sweet seeing the whole enemy team get poisoned with contagious fleas. Plus makes for some entertaining ally conversations ("Come over here! I want your fleas on me!")

I guess there's a move to make heals 50% worse than they used to be. Rough Tongue and Flea Love heals are just...kinda pathetic. I'm not sure how I feel about this trend.

The animation for Dice Roulette is a bit odd. The spell's awesome — don't get me wrong, I love it — but the blue / red squares seem to all have the same effect now.

I guess I like most of the changes. I'd still like some of those rarely-activated random effects, like the multi-cast D6, which isn't necessarily game-breaking, but which is really satisfying when it does occasionally trigger. And I'd like some info on the massive heal-nerf that's been going around. Plus some of the bugs need fixing (hunter does nothing to enemies, cat tree is invisible, sometimes you'll show up with +4ap and not be able to use them).

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #872072  Replies : 295  Views : 10244
posté June 05, 2015, 23:07:41 | #3
Does it bother anyone else that the flaming/scalded effects don't stack? Like instead of "+80 flaming" it's currently "80 flaming", so no matter how many times you stack it you just get 80...

Also that 1ap fire spell that is self-cast only...meh...why not add some kind of enemy effect?

I haven't really played with other branches (light speed is especially confusing), but I'm definitely not happy with any of the changes I've looked at. I may be class changing my sac soon.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #872067  Replies : 239  Views : 10938
posté June 05, 2015, 07:42:40 | #4
Okay, can you guys enlighten me on how 20% damage done is different from 20% final damage? Because (1.2) times (all the other damage) is the same as (all the other damage) times (1.2).

I realize this isn't the ideal place for questions about mechanics...but it's fairly relevant to the discussion.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #871723  Replies : 404  Views : 10300
posté March 01, 2015, 23:47:38 | #5
Enus are really hard to start off. They've got great damage, but they rely heavily on having maxed passives, and the high mp cost for most of their spells means they don't pick up steam until high levels. They also have almost no CC ability, so coupled with their need for MP to inflict damage, they're terrible in solo combat (enemies pin them down easily). I rarely see enu mains — mostly they're alts of multi-accounters.

Thread : General  Preview message : #834810  Replies : 10  Views : 1944
posté February 15, 2015, 14:11:16 | #6
% damage counts for heals of its element. That is, fire %dmg counts for fire-based heals, water for water-based, etc.

%heals counts for ALL elements of heals, but NO elements of damage. That is, it benefits all your healing, but it does not increase your damage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #830547  Replies : 2  Views : 325
posté February 10, 2015, 22:38:42 | #7

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 10 February 2015 21:56) *
But actually panda can throw someone to map edge and stabilize him (or self, depends who you fight against) or put barrel behind self to prevent the push of panda and make the enemy feel the scald. You don't even need lock for that strategy, just proper map and some throwing.
Uhh sounds nice but... all that ap and mp for pick up / throw / put barrel behind you / run to edge tile? Hardly ever worth it. You're better off using direct damage spells.

Playing panda, I find scald works okay in solo fights (monsters don't move away as often), but in group fights it's almost useless. The addition of lock makes it a better state, but still pretty awful.

So far playing Iop on beta, I feel like no one would ever level the scalded spell. There are much better options.

This post has been edited by strawberrybug - February 10, 2015, 22:39:46.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #829156  Replies : 1624  Views : 84186
posté January 27, 2015, 18:12:18 | #8
Honestly, either of the two is pretty good for eni. You're very, very rarely going to play as a CC-range fighter, so range is fine. But single-target also works, because all of your attacks and most of your heals are single-target.

From what I can tell, Massacuring Mark doesn't take secondary damage into account. Even if it does, though, it's not triggered enough to be worth building your secondary damages around it.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #824542  Replies : 6  Views : 1220
posté January 27, 2015, 02:36:45 | #9
I would love to see some changes to the fire branch, particularly because it's really hard to synergize with either other branch. Milking it is great — decent damage, really nice Aoe. But it's currently the only functional fire-branch spell.

1) Flaming burp. This is strictly for consuming stacks of Dizzy to regen WP. Otherwise, it's bad damage, not as good -res as Milk Wave, turn cast restricted, and linear. I would never level this.

2) Light My Fire. This spell seems nice — great base damage when you consider the flaming/scalded damage. But it's a long-range spell based on a CC mechanic. What's the point? Unless you have someone else on your team with a scalded build, you're SOL. It's the only other semi-functional fire spell, though.

3) Dairy Springer. Formerly one of my favorite spells in the game, now useless except for applying scalded/getting backstab, or occasionally using for a teleport to escape lock, etc. Make it 4ap1mp again, and seriously increase the base damage, and let it backstab again. Or just increase the damage (by 20-30% or so). As it is, it's meager damage for a CC-range 2ap1mp spell (for comparison, Rascalry is better damage, and boosted long-range), in a branch otherwise based on ranged damage. If this spell had better damage, a tri-build panda would actually become functional.

4) Explosive Flask. I really don't like linear spells, and this isn't an exception. It needs either A) much better damage, or non-linear when not carrying the barrel. The AoE is deceptive — since it's linear, you can never hit an enemy in the nearest square of the AoE, unless it's invisible. For a spell with so many restrictions, the damage just isn't up to par (with the exception of barrel casts, but that's very conditional).

--As for water spells, I'd love to see a change to Bubble Trouble. Perhaps add a direct heal effect on allies? The dodge effect is almost useless in a class with so many escape mechanics, and the damage just isn't special in any way. The trouble is, there are three/four very good water spells, so it'll be hard to get anyone to level BT anyway.

This post has been edited by strawberrybug - January 27, 2015, 02:39:15.
Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #824322  Replies : 17  Views : 1753
posté January 26, 2015, 23:36:52 | #10
Revamp sadida!
Srams are so overpowered.
Please, Ankama, please.

Thread : News  Preview message : #824277  Replies : 196  Views : 6823
posté December 16, 2014, 11:20:58 | #11
Yeah, I'm sincerely hoping you're right. I'd really like to get rid of the (now useless) panda scalded spells.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #810014  Replies : 203  Views : 7490
posté August 24, 2014, 18:00:48 | #12
I like enu, because it's so casual. Most of the other classes are intense and serious.... but with enu it's like "I'm so badass I'll just stand over here and toss a coin, idgaf."

Thread : General  Preview message : #766033  Replies : 17  Views : 1740
posté July 01, 2014, 00:29:33 | #13
On the contrary, your team completely lacks map manipulation (one pushback skill useable only in dragon form, one difficult-to-use delayed pushback, trank's meager attraction, no swap), so I'd say Krobax is a very good choice. His spells are low-cost, decent damage/ap, and don't hurt allies, so you can push/pull/swap both teams. His WP teleport is also fantastic, despite consuming his WP pretty fast.

I leveled a Skale to ~120, and found it utterly useless. The +2 ap and access to unbewitchment is nice, but his damage output is terrible, his WP are used up rapidly and with little benefit, and he is helpless when locked.

Shadow is more useful than AK, at least at higher levels; his dpt can be pretty excellent (level 120 shadow with ~40% crits ends up doing >1500 dmg with double AoE, and almost that much damage to single targets on off-turns). As mentioned above, though, he's HUGE and it can be really hard to target things behind him (you can target portraits in the timeline though).

Proto is interesting, and he can be fun, but he's more of a tank and less of a damage dealer, and Trank usually surpasses him in tanking ability. Additionally, I find the 1ap switch ability, which toggles fire/earth damage and spell effects, to be very limiting at 1 cast per turn (I am spoiled by Krobax's 0ap 4-cast limit). If you want a flexible tank/damage/support character, though, he's not bad.

I find that earth osas' healing is pretty excellent, and you'll have the ability to shield Trank or another character with your gobgob as well. I've done fairly high level dungeons relying solely on an earth/gobgob osa for healing and shields. That said, Lumino is nice, but his sole purpose is healing (he'll never surpass an eni, but he is great in most easier fights). So if you want to dedicate a slot on your team to a healer, go for it.

Thread : General  Preview message : #750606  Replies : 7  Views : 739
posté July 01, 2014, 00:16:09 | #14
A change to resistance will make the benefit analysis of damage-stats vs crits much simpler. I approve.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #750605  Replies : 6  Views : 2618
posté June 19, 2014, 17:56:07 | #15
Dodge fail problem Character name: Gandalf the Gey
Date and time: 18/6/2014, 6:30 pm eastern US
Map: Celestial strich dungeon
Server: Nox

Bug description: Striches sometimes dodge failed a character, but still moved to the end of their movement range (away from the character). e.g. a strich standing next to Trank might attack, then run 10 spaces away, and then show the dodge failure animation / debuff symbol (despite having only contacted Trank). The character locking the strich still received the corresponding +3ap buff, and sometimes unrelated characters also received the locked-a-strich buff (characters that were not adjacent to any striches and had not been part of the dodge roll).

The phenomenon is not limited to striches — it occurred in vampyro dungeon as well — but it is most easily observed in the strich or celestial strich dungeon, because there is such an obvious mechanism to show if you locked one (the buff that you earn for locking a strich).

Reproducibility process: repeated dodge/lock attempts. It seems to occur only on AI (not player characters), and I am unclear as to what makes it happen (sometimes they get locked as normal).

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #746963  Replies : 8  Views : 484
posté June 19, 2014, 10:51:14 | #16
This sounds nice, but don't you think 20% or 10% reduction per doll is a bit much? Some classes have the ability to reduce damages by 20% (Sram, Panda - both of which are random), and some classes have a boost to HP (Iop, Sacrier, Eni), but no class reduces damages by more than 20%. If anything, perhaps 5% final per doll (not compound, as you have, but 5% total, so with 6 dolls you would have 30% reduction [perhaps cap this at 20% as well]) would be reasonable. Otherwise, with 3 dolls out you are taking less damage than any other class (save possibly feca), and with 6 (even with 10% reduction only) you are taking 50% final damage reduction. Combined with shields, Sadidas would be far better even than fecas at tanking damage.

Alternatively, you could have something like a sram or panda, where there is a 20% chance that damage would be entirely redirected to one of your dolls.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #746869  Replies : 40  Views : 1797
posté June 17, 2014, 10:31:18 | #17
Alternatively you could have Lone Sadida work where it's reduced by say 30% for each doll you have out. So with 1 doll, you can get 120% dmg (and maybe +120% hp to the dolls?), 2 dolls, 90%, etc. So you could play for strong single dolls or weaker armies.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #745781  Replies : 107  Views : 3543
posté June 17, 2014, 10:24:38 | #18
What if there were a passive that made individual dolls get stronger the longer they were in play? maybe a %dmg increase and a %hp increase per turn? That would make healing your dolls more important, and might make things more interesting?

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #745775  Replies : 107  Views : 3543
posté April 19, 2014, 05:33:28 | #19
Infernal is good if you can train with someone. You won't end up with the highest %dmg, but the +wisdom is nice. You can combine it with divine tofu set for +2 ap total bonus, and a bit more wisdom. With that you'll be reasonably effective and have some leveling speed to boot.

Vampiro is ok until you can get to lenald or some new cactus items for a real water/fire set. Combined with amuleto for a bit of kit skill, you can have ~450% dmg in both elements by level 120.

Thread : Pandawa  Preview message : #718039  Replies : 10  Views : 4627
posté January 17, 2014, 13:52:17 | #20
For a while I felt like Mini was being selfish by keeping his position semi-permanently. But after dealing with government issues in other nations, I've changed my opinion. Mini is always governor because he does a good job, unlike most others. People recognize that. And now so do I.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #665119  Replies : 66  Views : 2349