No flash

MEMW909's profile
Statistics
238 Posts (0.25 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté August 03, 2014, 12:09:21 | #1

Quote (dlexus009 @ 03 August 2014 11:14) *

Quote (Kokonaut @ 03 August 2014 06:36) *
Here's what I believe to be the truth of the game, and it will remain my belief for the foreseeable future: the more overpowered your team is (in terms of classes, gear, runes, so forth) the less strategy is required to clear content. The weaker it is, the more strategic and specific your team composition needs to be in order to overcome what is thrown your way.

Strategy means more time invested in order to win. It means utilizing things like lockers (many enemies), fight mechanics (think: Shushu II Totem heal mechanic), and knowledge of enemy spells (think: Cavliew only being able to jump to you when linear within four range) to their maximum counter. It's means not mindlessly nuking the enemy to death a few turn cycles.

This [strategy], unfortunately, yields no grandiose rewards, hence why you want less strategy and more mindless nuking to achieve what you want, faster. Challenges are a means to slow down the player to make them want to work harder to spend more time to achieve said reward, however even then the challenges are either completed with little to no effort (yielding a marginal reward for basically no time lost), aren't worth it at all, or are basically impossible to complete.

Sadida and other classes such as Pandawa fit well into the niche of complex strategies, but do not fit the niche well of high damage and overpoweredness to the point of rendering strategy moot when you can DPT the content to death in an instant. This is relative to the other big players of the DPT league (Iop, Rogue, Xelor, etcetera). Obviously with the correct gear, any class can put out respectable numbers. Some just do it far better than others.

But ultimately it's the same concept as high powered players beating content in other games (e.g. fighting content lower leveled than you) and applied to class balance.

It's a very redundant and obvious belief, but it applies to this game very well.

• Mango
eca deal with more than 2600 damage in one round and in Range, how can we overcome with that with any kind of strategy!
and they can do self dmg too, your example is not valid since the eca depends on luck.

Speak well or just play silently.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #759623  Replies : 93  Views : 2022
posté July 31, 2014, 23:04:53 | #2

Quote (Neneko88 @ 31 July 2014 22:56) *
Why not both?
I like those events too btw

any one agree that shhhdoku kingdom event was fun?
I agree with you !!

Mango is no fun .

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #758971  Replies : 4  Views : 175
posté July 29, 2014, 19:07:00 | #3

Quote (Sabi @ 29 July 2014 17:36) *
Hi everyone,

While it may not be common for Community Managers to post when they are going on holidays, I wanted to do so as I do not want the community to feel less taken care of when they do not see any posts from me for more than a day as you might have noticed already.

Therefore I wanted to share with you that I am on holiday until the 11st of August, but while this rest is welcome for your little Sabi, so that she can recharge her batteries, she also wants to make sure that you do have a presence on the forums and keep you informed of everything WAKFU.
I wouldn't just leave you like this even if just temporary.

So I would like to present to you [Woten] who comes from our PT team and will be keeping a vigil eye on the EN forums on my absence as well as [Troyle] always sneaking around reading the forums and of course I will probably have a hard time not looking at the forums as well. So as you can see everything will still be taken care of for you.

See you all very soon and let's welcome [Woten] warmly shall we?
Finally

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #758308  Replies : 16  Views : 859
posté July 16, 2014, 17:08:59 | #4

Quote (JerryDB @ 13 July 2014 23:05) *
Oi oi, I am back perhaps to stay who knows? (I don't).

I thought I would take this opportunity to review and reflect on the character of JerryDB and to give you all wall of text.

History time (don't roll your eyes!)
Three months after the launch of Wakfu I decided the population of Remington was so bad I would actually do something about as opposed to moaning and rage quitting which I fully emphasize with.

So I did a few things. The main thing being help people level pretty much non-stop for about 9 months even though I got the maximum level 2 months after the game came out. I also made a guild alliance solely devoted to recruitment and teaming up between the guilds. At its peak it had 23 guilds.

As Wakfu suffered from a serious lack of content I ran +50 events which varied greatly if you are interested to read more click here and work you way to the older posts. The event I am most famous for is the Nun dungeon event at this time the dungeon could be opened for the whole server for 10 minutes. Out of the players gathered I would make random teams this was real community building and tons of fun.

That was the first year of Wakfu I did some other stuff but I wont go on forever.

The second year of Wakfu I was more humble (tried to be) I had a lot less free time so I mostly played with my guild/ friends/ former guild alliance members I helped out on other people events mainly filming and posting on youtube and I wrote tons of player guide and made a few videos.

Criticism
The main one being the way I went about things some even called me a pompous ass. Unlike most players who help others I decided to make it more fun by have a competition with myself and everyone else. Such as boasting I have a massive guild alliance, about how many events I had run and all manner of things. I did this for several reason but the main one was encourage others who would no doubt do a better job that me anyway so JerryDB ran a bunch of events I(random player) can easily equal if not better that. I was also looking for a rival or multiple rivals in growing the community or helping people in general but people who help others tend to be more humble.

I am in no way better than any other person on this planet however in terms of trying to doing some community building I think it is safe to say I have set a high standard.

Getting hated on!
I am pretty fair person and always give credit when it is due. In all honesty I am not sure why some players hate on me I find it rather amusing. Lets hate on player who is trying to do the most for the communities of Wakfu – yeah “he just isn’t doing enough”, “he doesn't put enough time into it”. Your right I hate him as well. Btw I didn't make this up these are some of the things people have told me.

My counter to be hated on is what have you done? the reply I usually get to this is crying like a baby “why should I have to contribute to this game and the community?”.

Perhaps some of the criticisms are perfectly valid and constructive however this is style in which bring me enjoyment (remember we are playing a game) am I willing to reduce my enjoyment to become more effective? Nope. You could always show me how its done rather that trying to improve my methods then its a win win for everyone (possibly).

Ego
Many will tell you I have ego problems as in an overinflated ego when in reality of the opposite is true as in the real Jerry not the JerryDB character.

What was the point in this post?
  • Give you a insight into JerryDB and hopefully clear up some misunderstandings.
  • The original JerryDB character is being revived and you needed to be informed.
  • JerryDB is joining the Nox server which is long overdue.
  • I am opening a Nox & Remington team speak server for everyone to use we can't expect Ankama to do it.
  • I am going to run events on Nox and Rem like people have been asking me for ages.
  • I am going to do more Wakfu videos and my youtube show I feel sorry for the world.
  • Please feel free to comment.

JerryDB aka JerryDaBogywogyman
I played this game for two years and I can assure you that I never saw you doing anything but talking,

you have no ego problems you have that problem yea that problem which is called give me some attention guys.

I never saw your alliance practically, you did some events which other helped you with and never gave them the credit , I did trash you a lot and agro you many times because you kept running for 2 years wearing Starry set!

The alliance is not about asking others for their drops mate !

Which Ego are you talking about ?

which helps you did playing Remington?

you are just someone used to play for 2 months and then quit the rest.

Be more mature and stp acting like you are cool because you make *cool *looks bad now .

you are more like a lost dog or something you have no ego or even same shame to worry about.

Cloudi~

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #754474  Replies : 17  Views : 619
posté June 24, 2014, 12:22:20 | #5

Quote (dlexus009 @ 24 June 2014 08:23) *
hi,

After the patch no one get the 12 Mod, otherwise the 0.1% super rich players. But how to be 12 AP in dungeon, you must take one Xelor.

Someone posted the video, which includes the Xelor, Feca, Masker and Eni. Xelor and Feca is the key of this video and they won wa wabbit just with 4 man. Not because of the Set is too strong, it is because Xelor is too strong now. If with Xelor, anyone can be 12 AP in dungeon.

1. Suggestes Change: Limiting the Xelor ablity of transfer his MP to AP for teammate, make it 2 MP for 1 AP is reasonable and 1MP for 1 AP is insane for this version.

Yes, Masker and Feca is also very Strong, but only Xelor is the key for this version, who make everyone with 1 added AP with just a little MP.

2. Otherwise, ankama will see all the dungeon full of xelor.

Which is unreasonable and we will all call it gg and afk, If with one Xelor they can beat the hardcore dungeon with just 4 man and you call it still one hardcore game? Nerf their Build and Set, too geek!

Zhao

@ankama We had already the darf ages of Air Cra 2 years ago, and now the dark age of Xelor is coming if you leave it alone soon they will destroy all the Balance!
I hope you feel better now atdose

This post has been edited by MEMW909 - June 25, 2014, 05:38:27.
Reason for edit : [Forum Rules Violation - Flaming]
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #748792  Replies : 20  Views : 744
posté June 12, 2014, 21:27:54 | #6
Forza Germany

Thread : News  Preview message : #744015  Replies : 73  Views : 2615
posté June 08, 2014, 23:00:46 | #7

Quote (FajneCycki @ 08 June 2014 17:00) *
Well, there's more average players than average Ankama employees assigned for the job. You seem to know very little about game development. They didn't take the numbers out of their ***es :p. Process of making such a game includes lots of calculations and planning. If a player comes to the forum after playing it for few days and writes what his brain managed to produce during 20 seconds and he believes that he knows better, you cannot treat it seriously. Also saying that RNG is completetly random is rather a compliment, isn't it? xD Reaching complete randomness has always been an important thing in IT as you can see here :p
I don't care if its compliment my friend, you said Ankama's Devs are gods and I just hit back that statement, there are a lot of players who are really pro breaking this game apart and they are smarter than the devs, they are speaking about the drop system and am one who doesn't blv there is one.

Thread : Other Features  Preview message : #742793  Replies : 38  Views : 1769
posté June 08, 2014, 16:53:34 | #8

Quote (FajneCycki @ 08 June 2014 16:32) *
I think Ankama had a vision for their game, but instead of standing their ground and doing what they originally planned they bended under the community criticism. The community is mostly short-sighted, people don't understand the mechanics of the game, they think only in their own interest. There's no compromise between satisfying everyone and making a good game. Designing the game should stay in hands of professionals, no matter how professional they are, they know more than an average Wakfu player.
*IF* you think you are right and they know better than any average Wakfu player the question is, Why they have a lot of bugs being noticed by the average players as you said?

There is no drop system here, me myself I dropped 4 wa castle helmet, 3 woboots and 2 solomonks

without the need of any enu or eating candy and the highest rate was 70.

It's Completely RANDOM.

This post has been edited by MEMW909 - June 08, 2014, 16:54:57.
Thread : Other Features  Preview message : #742713  Replies : 38  Views : 1769
posté June 07, 2014, 21:30:58 | #9
La guilde is and also jabber,

welcome back anyway .

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #742519  Replies : 10  Views : 833
posté June 06, 2014, 21:33:57 | #10
Thanks sabi and sato. To be fair they did a good job solving my problem and answering the ticket Immediately.

Thanks,

Cloudi with love

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #742207  Replies : 4  Views : 336
posté May 16, 2014, 19:59:28 | #11

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 16 May 2014 19:53) *
Wow, you 3 are always quoting each other and laughing from each others "jokes", that's getting scary.
Are you even subbed?

Your levels a bit low and you think your opinions do matter about Remington ?

The people are busy farming their items and levels not just sitting here stalking people like yourself.

-cloudi :3

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #732533  Replies : 12  Views : 597
posté May 11, 2014, 14:47:35 | #12

Quote (MedusaOne @ 11 May 2014 12:04) *
Will we ever get our items back, and will we be getting some compensation?

7 days without playing, servers were close to empty and we don't even know if we will see our pets and items again, knowing ankama.
Sabi were playing around with words and did not want to officially announce this bug because she has orders not to , they don't wanna give the server free subs or compensations.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #730431  Replies : 17  Views : 901
posté May 11, 2014, 14:37:28 | #13

Quote (XHakenX @ 10 May 2014 22:06) *

Quote (SingleWhip @ 10 May 2014 21:20) *
thanks! Whip after hearing more about this I started to realize that the buff shouldn't easily go back to bonta for the following reasons:
- Bonta isn't the center of attention anymore other nations are just as populated due to a while after nation outposts where made and the fall of "5th bond avenue"
We are done from the Island , now the other problem is you did Insult me personally there and you need to apologize [text removed]

Cloudi.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Walkure - May 12, 2014, 14:09:28.
Reason for edit : Against the Forum Rules of Conduct - Anti-Game
Thread : Politics  Preview message : #730429  Replies : 28  Views : 899
posté May 05, 2014, 11:11:20 | #14
Exactly , It happens every time, RYF was answering some silly questions , when I asked him about

fixing some bugs he just ran away , Weak people are everywhere .

The members here asking for answers and none of them is online It's monday and it's funny.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #725621  Replies : 41  Views : 1562
posté May 03, 2014, 22:26:48 | #15

Quote (androgyous @ 03 May 2014 19:50) *
I think they should release another insignia, but it should have a state that makes it so when you wear it the mods actually respond to your messages and tickets.
omg hhahahhahah.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #724701  Replies : 100  Views : 2555