Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Loneith's profile
Statistics
161 Posts (0.13 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 27, 2014, 07:02:40 | #1
Best wishes Ounce, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Thread : Guilds  Preview message : #721485  Replies : 4  Views : 351
posté April 26, 2014, 10:19:21 | #2
Dolls finally get crit! About time. Now make dolls useable. Kthx

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #721223  Replies : 85  Views : 6901
posté January 27, 2014, 18:40:24 | #3
Sadi revamp. Class balance should be number one priority. Fix some of the other classes after their reworks.

Make current content work rather than rushing new content or copying dofus mechanics.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #670327  Replies : 290  Views : 13332
posté December 17, 2013, 22:49:16 | #4
Has anyone noticed the extremely high base damage the 1, 2 and 3 ap spells have? For a melee tank class they sure have a lot of raw ranged damage.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #653529  Replies : 375  Views : 19854
posté December 07, 2013, 10:57:06 | #5
Is it just me or did the base damage of their cheaper spells go WAY up? 1ap, 29 damage drip?

This post has been edited by Loneith - December 07, 2013, 10:58:04.
Reason for edit : tofukaz
Thread : Feca  Preview message : #647715  Replies : 178  Views : 14488
posté December 05, 2013, 12:41:01 | #6

Quote (Pimento2 @ 04 December 2013 19:51) *
If I am reading the revamp correctly, the revamp actually helps address this issue. Take a level 60 character killing a group of 6 polters (level 50 each, level 300 in total). The current system compares the total group level of the groups in battle (60 versus 300) and applies penalties based on that. Specifically, if the enemy group level is greater than 2.05 * character group level + 70, the characters receive 0 exp, which is clearly the case in this situation (300 > 2.05*60 + 70). The big problem with the current system is its emphasis on total group level, which is clearly flawed when considering the difficulty of two level 150 enemies versus six level 50 enemies.

In the new system, total group levels no longer matter. Exp modifiers are now based on individual player level, average enemy level, and number of combatants on both sides. In this case, the player's level (60) in within 10 levels of the average enemy level (50) and thus doesn't get any exp penalty for that. The player is outnumbered by five, so the exp given by those five enemies is reduced by 50%. This results in getting 3.5x the normal exp for a polter for completing the fight rather than 0x in the current system..

Players getting an exp penalty for fighting an enemy group with far higher enemy average level exists to counter power leveling. Remember that this is based on individual level and not group level, so if a level 60 and level 130 fight a group of two level 130 enemies, the level 60 appropriately gets 0 exp and the level 130 gets normal exp, as the level 60 would not be able to significantly contribute in this fight. This is not the case in the current exp system, which only considers the total group level (130 + 60 versus 130 + 130), allowing for power leveling. This really shouldn't affect solo players anyways as it is extremely inefficient to solo things far higher level than them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you still "power" level a lower character by bringing a higher level to the fight?

A level 140 and a level 60 fight a group of 6 level 50 polters.

Wouldn't the level 60 still gain 2x the experience and the fight would go by much faster than if they had done it solo?

2 players fighting 6 monsters will get 200% of the experience of a combat versus one monster. ((6-2 * 50% / 2 = 100%)

This strategy would also allow the low character to wear full wisdom (or pp) gear since they wouldn't need to do any damage with a higher level character carrying them.

They would also be free to complete challenges for bonus wis and pp, again since they wouldn't need to do any damage or limit themselves to a certain playstyle.

Also since the monsters are lower level they wouldn't be at a high risk to die, unlike what can happen in current power leveling when one attack can kill a leecher.

Hell if you fought one of the new groups of 7 mobs couldn't you hit a 2.25x multiplier?

While the higher level doesn't get any experience at all I think it's balanced by the fact most people I know only power level their own alts rather than every person they come across.

But once you get one character max (high enough) level you could use this strategy to get a friends character to max (high enough) level and they could use that character to get your next character up and then you get their next up; rinse, repeat, profit.

And with the future bonus to alt xp it would get easier with each new character after the first.

Again you could do this to yourself if you have two accounts you just need to get one max level character to start the chain.

All these ideas are based on the premise that I stated at the start being true.

PS
Hurry with the sram and feca revamps so you guys can fix the Sadi, kthx

This post has been edited by Loneith - December 05, 2013, 13:13:43.
Reason for edit : cleaned up the multiquotes
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #646457  Replies : 104  Views : 6267
posté November 30, 2013, 21:11:43 | #7
I haven't bought them, I've only looked through their spells on the beta server and it makes me sad.

At least 15% of those spells could have, and should have, been put onto the main classes rather than been used to create half-classes for sale.

I've been crying out forever that the Sadi healer should have a cleanse feature to set it apart from the other healers and that is what really makes it sting.

Not only are class revamps being pushed back for these sales gimmicks but good ideas are being wasted on them.

This post has been edited by Loneith - December 01, 2013, 09:17:11.
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #644143  Replies : 19  Views : 2298
posté November 30, 2013, 20:26:00 | #8
Experience Curve
I'm happy about the experience requirement per level being cut down, that was really needed to reduce the grindy feel this game has. BUT I notice I get a substantial amount less than I was per fight. Used to get 400,000 per fight now am getting 40,000. that is a 90% reduction and is unacceptable!!

Soloing large groups of monsters seems to have taking a major hit also, giving hugely reduced experience or more often none at all.

Killing groups that I used to kill, such as 2 boo wolves gives very little experience even though the group level was within 20 levels of mine (124 group, 114 me). As a healer Sadida I do very terrible damage so I cannot solo things of my own level.

I also noticed that groups of 3 totaling ~120 were giving me 0 experience which is again frustrating for a non damage dealing class.

Challenge System
I hate the challenge system for a multitude of reasons mostly being that this game tries so hard to not be dofus or use dofus mechanics (such as creating the terrible heal resistance) but they bring over one of the worst mechanics.

Wisdom and Prospecting Caps
The 150 pp and wis cap wouldn't be a bad thing if:
1. you didnt feel like you need tons of wisdom because of how hard the xp grind is.
2. you didn't feel like you need tons of pp because of how hard the item grind is.

The way wisdom SHOULD work is when leveling a second or third character you put wisdom gear on them to help out with the amount of time it will take to level them which would make 1.5 normal experience gain fine, hell I'd be fine with a 100 wis cap, double xp would be great. But wisdom gear should be scarce or BOA so that your first character couldn't start off wearing it.

The drop rates being so low make the practice of stacking full wisdom and rushing/leeching max level the best since it takes so long to drop anything.

See the problem? a .01% drop rate being standard is nothing more than a time sink, hell most of the time I'm playing I out level the gear I'm grinding for before I drop it.

The entire drop system is pretty terrible and they promised us a rework of it not a hard cap which does nothing to fix the problems players are facing.

/grind

This post has been edited by Loneith - December 03, 2013, 10:32:24.
Reason for edit : tldr
Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #644127  Replies : 21  Views : 2258
posté November 06, 2013, 08:34:45 | #9

Quote (Neneko88 @ 04 November 2013 04:16) *

Quote (Loneith @ 04 November 2013 02:08) *
While I am glad to see they are finally acknowledging the fact that the Sadida revamp was not well liked, to put it lightly, they are still missing the main point of our frustration; the general uselessness of dolls. Even under player control the impact of the doll is too low to matter especially when paired with the ridiculously high costs to summon them.
the fact that they're going to "wait and see if giving us control of dolls will be enough" shows that Grou doesn't understand the class.

Greedys hit what they're supposed to hit most of the time. All dolls cast their spells and all that, giving us control will make the class a little better but it won't solve the issue that they do too little per turn to not be replaced by better support classes like panda, eni, xelor, feca, and even earth osa..(you should really see an earth osa! they're amazing and do a lot for little AP)

weak dolls..should cost weak AP (this is logic)

Exactly, they do not know what to do with the class and are refusing to open a discussion and incorporate our ideas. Sadida are currently the class that does a little bit of everything but not very well. Our damage output is far lower than a dps class. Our healing is much lower than an eni and our utility is much lower. Our ability to take damage may seem splendid but we lack the control other damage soaks posses that are required for a true tank class. Our support skills are focused mainly around the costly doll mechanic which people tend to avoid. The quick fix, Lone Sadida, was the exact opposite of what the community was crying out for. This skill, which makes most of the other support and passive skills moot, also makes other classes think we are too strong when they see a huge 150% damage bonus. That may seem high until you realize the class has abysmal base damage and horrible ap efficiency.

The elemental branches make very little sense thematically or strategically. Air, our "damage" branch has the weakest hitting spells that fail to work cohesively, and the most awkward range. Our water tree, supposedly our support and healing tree, has only one direct healing spell which is really quite weak. Our other two healing options are costly and require massive tactical play to even cast, let alone be worth casting. Our so called tanking tree has the highest range and base damage of the three and paired with the wonky spell mechanics push a player to use spells for damage rather than utility.

This class does need a revamp, a complete overhaul to be honest, but that would require a willingness to listen to the community and a competent coding team. I am in no way trying to disrespect the company, in fact I hope to one day work for them as part of the coding or design team, but facts are facts and time and time again they have failed to properly handle this class. Wise use of resources, as in fixing the most pressing options first rather than simply pressing on, would raise this game to an enjoyable level. If our class is meant to incorporate dolls into our game play then make the dolls efficient and rewarding to play with. If it is difficult to balance the class then spend more time and resources to do so rather than charging into more bug-filled cookie-cutter content!

TLDR; A willingness to absorb the entire content of a situation is required to understand the nuances of said situation. If this is too long then you should just quit right now before you dribble more ill informed opine statements into a forum where individuals are actually campaigning for positive balance. Kthx

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #629945  Replies : 72  Views : 4772
posté November 04, 2013, 02:08:54 | #10
While I am glad to see they are finally acknowledging the fact that the Sadida revamp was not well liked, to put it lightly, they are still missing the main point of our frustration; the general uselessness of dolls. Even under player control the impact of the doll is too low to matter especially when paired with the ridiculously high costs to summon them.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #628379  Replies : 72  Views : 4772
posté October 23, 2013, 19:22:07 | #11

Quote (Troyle @ 23 October 2013 18:19) *

That’s something we hear a lot, many players are not satisfied with the revamp of their class, like for example the Sadidas, will you do something?
Azael: One of the issues we have with the Sadida is the dolls and their AI. This is something we’re working on and it should actually come for the end of the year. Changing the AI for the summons was problematic so we’re working on making all summons controllable by the player directly, with specific rules like bosses that will have the ability to stamp over them and destroy them if they are placed in a problematic position. So here it’s not the Sadida class that causes the issue, but a game mechanic. It’s an example of things that can be modified without needing a revamp of the class. Our goal is to give a role to the class in the game. Next year we will implement a PvP feature, we talk a lot about it but this is really something we’ll need to get statistics and rebalance classes.

Thank you for finally acknowledging the class but don't forget the other supports, passives, and every elemental branch needs heavy changes as well. Good start though  

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #623653  Replies : 72  Views : 4772
posté August 07, 2013, 02:04:43 | #12
This was a bad move and is just lazy.

Some guilds know how to handle their mobs and clean up their own messes. When you touch a stove you learn, you don't destroy all heat sources.

Now we are subject to the terrible planting mechanics and lose the great natural living environment that the game boasts.

Reduced reproduction rate would have been fine . Permissions for only guild members of a certain rank being able to plant mobs could fix the future problem of gvg ecoterrorism.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #587613  Replies : 42  Views : 2541
posté March 26, 2013, 18:20:24 | #13
My understanding is the mimik will store a single spell and spam it as much as it can with its own ap/mp combination getting rid of the puffle mechanic. Casting spells through dolls is generally horrible and what Air Sadida really need is 3-5 range on all their air skills and decent damage ratios. The smart use of dolls, poison, and positioning is what would raise them from decent to good in fights not the current game where they are useless and only slightly useless in the best hands.

This post has been edited by Loneith - March 26, 2013, 18:24:38.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #511147  Replies : 4  Views : 1019
posté March 11, 2013, 11:44:49 | #14
Its a well known fact that earth has the most varied and powerful gear in the game at the moment, and yes the rogue is by far the leader in damage at the moment, sadly damage is what this "tactical" game has boiled down to.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #500987  Replies : 22  Views : 4879
posté March 11, 2013, 11:38:33 | #15
It's obvious that the person or group who has been in control of the Sadida class for the last year+ have no great love for the class. It has the worst damage ratios of any class, even the eni and feca purely defensive classes deal far more damage. It also requires so much micromanagement to play effectively that its impossible to function in the current dps focused game.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #500981  Replies : 47  Views : 2539
posté March 05, 2013, 21:13:00 | #16
It's a very interesting build and I'd like to point out a few things I find to be true but first incase you don't know Sadida are getting some major changes in the April patch, the Revamp Document can be found here, and while you will get a free respec when the time comes its good to keep in mind gear and play style.

As for the time being I can give you a few tips I've come to know.

Starting off I cannot recommend you spending points on strength, as it takes 6 points for a measy 1% damage boost; it is not worth it, another ap, two mp, range or crit would be better investments.

The Sacrifical doll damage falls off mid game and the AI is terrible so you're better off casting your damage spells, especially through totem as earth has the most range and best synergy with the totem. I recommend maxing the Totem spell for decreased cost increased damage and more range.

For highest damage output you'd want 10 ap to double cast fertilizer after you have already set up totem on the enemy. I also suggest maximizing Savior Faire as it will add damage and give you more leadership to summon blocks to tank, lock enemies, or steal life from.

Still life is a horrible skill, if you're looking for survivability you're better off maxing Dolly Sacrifice and popping your blocks for life.

I would suggest looking through this thread if you haven't already.

This post has been edited by Loneith - March 05, 2013, 21:19:04.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #495597  Replies : 1  Views : 515
posté March 02, 2013, 11:53:22 | #17

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 28 February 2013 09:59) *

In all games, the range of action of a character is always limited by a mechanic. Be it with Mana points, Health points, cooldowns, etc. the way you play is restricted due to the fact that at some point you will not be able to act anymore. Currently an Eniripsa suffers no such limitation.

Either you admit that AP/MP/WP are the limitations or you have to admit that none of the other classes have "limitations" either. There is no logic in this statement.

On the other hand, as long as his opponent cannot damage him more than the Eni can him himself, he will be able to hit the limiting factor of his opponent, the HP. Players then just need to group enough Enis to make sure that pure damage cannot bypass their healing capacity.

So you are admitting that PvP caused you to make this decision. That is a horrible way to go about game design. PvE is the mugh bigger factor in Wakfu, PvP only serves personal entertainment as of now. There is no negative consequences if you loose in PvP or anything the like. Design your game around PvE for gods sake or at least keep the limitations you designed because of PvP in PvP.

we want them to be a real tactical challenge with very specific mechanics, and not just Damage dealing machines.

But you made them just that. UBs are not a challenge, you just aim for them to be impossible to deal with, heavily luck based, or if at all then beatable with an immense damage output that can overcome them before they start doing any real damage themselves. With Enis out of the equation it has become the latter even more. You stack as much damage as you can, hope the UB goes down in 2 or 3 turns or you die.

Enis/Healers actually enabled the idea of strategical thinking against UBs. They made fights long enough so secondary classes could use their unusual powers and one could come up with interesting ideas. Now I have to take the 6 persons that have the highest dps and that is it.

Only high level content and long fights will.

And you don't see a problem with that? High level players already have nearly no incentive to log on at all. Now it becomes even less. As mentioned above I will try to down UBs in 2 or 3 turns with all my damage dealers and will either succeed or fail in 10 minutes. Then I log off and don't play for the rest of the week.

Rebalance of the Ultimate Bosses: A regular misconception is that classes should adapt to the high level content, whereas it should actually be the other way. Ultimate Bosses are meant to be balanced based on the way the classes and overall combat mechanics work. We are well aware that this change is going to make it that much harder to defeat the Ultimate Bosses. This is our intention, but should it appear that it makes it impossible, we’re ready to rebalance them accordingly.

It seems like you got at least that part right. Strategies should not be developed by making a certain class/build. Strategies should be something that any combination of classes can come up with as long as they think properly. During the past months of playing I have leveled up 4 distinctive characters and I have forced most of my guildmates to do the same since it was impossible to beat any UB for us if we did not bring that very limited group of characters with their very limited kinds of builds to beat UBs.

This weeks update made that even worse. The group I can bring is now even smaller.

Though it looks like you are aware of that you develop your game in the opposite direction. There would be no need for that many nerfs and restrictive mechanics if you really knew how to deal with this issue. Then you would actually alter monsters and not players.

^ Exactly. It's as if the devs have never played the game before.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #490969  Replies : 162  Views : 8935
posté March 02, 2013, 01:56:31 | #18
Water masqs are bad, sad but true fact. While they can be played in terms of balance they are much weaker than even the mediocre classes at all stages of the game.

Thread : Masqueraiders  Preview message : #490031  Replies : 90  Views : 5997
posté February 26, 2013, 11:47:08 | #19

Quote (Boorin @ 26 February 2013 05:31) *
because ppls need more reasons to raise handyman. Leather dealer is one of the crafters rule the wakfu work now, it don't need buff anymore

^ this.

same reason armourer uses mainly wood now. balancing the game play is more important than the story.

Thread : Crafting  Preview message : #476821  Replies : 13  Views : 1593
posté February 26, 2013, 10:45:11 | #20
Snug you did well congrats!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #476543  Replies : 19  Views : 1119