Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

About Heal Resistance
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-06-03
posté March 07, 2013, 18:44:21 | #121
the problem is ubs are resistant to so many things it limits the tactics that can be used on them.

Winged Eradicator * Member Since 2010-02-27
posté March 07, 2013, 18:50:35 | #122
And after every ub or wb that was implemented how long did it take before we had people saying it was to easy?

We really need troyle so come and say hey give us your thoughts on what needs to be done to fix the game for the many types of strats, im not saying every strat should be usable for everything.But making classes useless for all end game is out of the question.

We had a big issue with people trying to discredit others over this change. Rather then providing feed back on what's broken with this idea.

This post has been edited by Manyfaces - March 08, 2013, 01:42:15.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-06-03
posté March 07, 2013, 19:19:26 | #123
so add in some strategic mechanic that removes resistances to things. +tactics, +useful classes.

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté March 08, 2013, 02:46:36 | #124

Quote (Manyfaces @ 07 March 2013 18:50) *
And after every ub or wb that was implemented how long did it take before we had people saying it was to easy?

Well, Moowolf took about a couple of weeks.

Every other, it hasn't happened yet.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-04-10
posté March 08, 2013, 16:07:07 | #125
I think heal resist is not enough. UBs are still too easy. Ppl rarely lose UB fights.
I think we have to think about stacking mob damage resist with same mechanic like eni heal resist.

WI mobs are good example of this mechanic but you should remove lowering other element resist effect. So the longer and harder you hit mob - the more dmg resist it gain.

This will finally balance the game.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-08-28
posté March 08, 2013, 16:11:43 | #126
adding heal resistance is ridicilous and is not a solution. I know Ankama did this to prevent players from "abusing" their precious UB's because they added new healer classes to the game. Ankama tends to call every act/strategy to defeat an UB an abuse. How much can heal all the other classes a party member besides an eni? 50, 100, 200??
This can be easily outdamaged by bosses in one single hit. Making a class cripple for the rest of all gameplay is not a solution.
Besides they implemented this before asking feedback to the players. They sneak in this and made eni's more or less cripple while the eni revamp was not planned yet. If their UB's are that precious than they should not add them to the game. This is only a way to earn more money so that players can keep themselves more bussy with thinking about "strategies" which are Ankama "approved" to defeat the UB's.
This only makes people more scared to share information about how to defeat an UB, or to go into their lair and defeat them even.

I am cureently a Tera Online player, they never let a class cripple in that game. Like someone else suggested before, they have "enraged status" there which means you a have x minutes left to kill a boss or otherwise you get wiped. And also there the classes can use almost all their abilities, the bosses are only imuune to a few states such as stuns etc. But they never make a class cripple and the healer can outheal their dmg, nevertheless its really hard to kill them.

My 2 cents

This post has been edited by Karakedi - March 09, 2013, 22:39:57.
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-05-30
posté March 08, 2013, 18:33:47 | #127

Quote (Karakedi @ 08 March 2013 16:11) *
Ankama tends to call every act/strategy to defeat an UB an abuse
yep, which is pretty ridiculous. I heard they banned a group of 6 water srams who beat magmog on another server, and a group of 6 earth sadidas who beat excarnus. And they took out that rock thing which was crucial to the MH magmog strategy. It's an on-going joke in-game that we can't tell anyone our ub strategies because ankama will just patch it

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté March 08, 2013, 20:01:02 | #128

This. ;_;

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté March 09, 2013, 03:18:24 | #129

Quote (Rakury @ 08 March 2013 18:33) *

Quote (Karakedi @ 08 March 2013 16:11) *
It's an on-going joke in-game that we can't tell anyone our ub strategies because ankama will just patch it

This.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Except it's no longer a joke, but a genuine worry.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-06-28
posté March 09, 2013, 20:13:12 | #130
Why not just lower the actual heals than put in heal resistance? If my 20hp healing spell is only going to heal me by 18hp, why bother misleading me in the first place?

Also- Does Ankama still have people who actually play the game and provide feedback? Because it sure doesn't seem like it.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-02-25
posté March 09, 2013, 20:16:34 | #131

Quote (crawfish33 @ 09 March 2013 20:13) *
Why not just lower the actual heals than put in heal resistance? If my 20hp healing spell is only going to heal me by 18hp, why bother misleading me in the first place?

Also- Does Ankama still have people who actually play the game and provide feedback? Because it sure doesn't seem like it.

Because lowering the actual heals would mean people bringing even more Enis

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté March 09, 2013, 22:08:48 | #132

Quote (Chrolo @ 09 March 2013 20:16) *

This wouldn't be a problem if UBs had a Turn Cycle limit for receiving major buffs.

This post has been edited by Intrade - March 09, 2013, 22:09:35.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-02-25
posté March 09, 2013, 22:25:03 | #133

This wouldn't be a problem if UBs had a Turn Cycle limit for receiving major buffs.

How does this solve the problem? People here would still be complaining that they cant prolong their fights

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté March 10, 2013, 00:03:41 | #134

Quote (Intrade @ 09 March 2013 22:08) *

Quote (Chrolo @ 09 March 2013 20:16) *

Quote (Chrolo @ 09 March 2013 22:25) *

How does this solve the problem? People here would still be complaining that they cant prolong their fights

@Chrolo I meant the problem of people bringing more Enis, not the problem of Healing being reworked to heal for less instead of adding Heal Resist which is what Crawfish was suggesting.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-04-26
posté March 10, 2013, 10:52:48 | #135

Quote (auramancer @ 08 March 2013 16:07) *
Ppl rarely lose UB fights.

What?

Quote (Icekin @ 09 March 2013 03:18) *

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
Except it's no longer a joke, but a genuine worry.
No joke.

It looks like what Ankama wants is UBs that people can win every once in a while.
Sounds like Excarn to people with early-endgame gear...
Except on the way to create this, you push it a bit beyond hard, just enough to make it impossible.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-03
posté March 10, 2013, 12:20:02 | #136
Lmao guy we just have to accept the fact that ankama hates all of us. In my opinion a lot of the UBs are pretty op and limit the actual fight to only a few of the classes as well as only having 1 or 2 strategies because of all of the limitations that are not only put on the fight but the actual classes themselves. Only a very few teams can kill Ex BC and only 1-2 teams that i know of can beat Magmog. Every time a strategy is found and actually has results in a UB fight it gets deemed as abuse, removed from ever being used again and even in some cases the UB gets a buff. I won't even get into how only being able to do a UB fight once a week is kind of ridiculous. Not saying there should a limitless amount you can fight it in a week but just even 2-3 fights a week will help us figure out strategies and be able to figure out the very very very very little amounts of strategies that can be used to even kill one of these bosses. It can take months for a team to get enough mats from killing the UBs to even make 1 set of the gear. UBs being class specific as well as any strategy we can think of and throw at it being called abuse and getting punished for it is ridiculous and kills the game for most of us. Is there any way for you devs to tell us you're actually listening to us and communicate with us or are you going to just slowly let us think that our pleas go unheard while we slowly lose interest in a game that we all love? This games community is pretty much dying. I'm not insulting anyone at all, i'm just asking that we the community gets heard.

As for heal res for me it's a love hate relationship as it is pretty stupid to sit there and be able to heal through most things (not UBs since using 1-3 enis barely keeps you alive anyways) and makes pvp just a heal fest. I would like to see some sort of way to take away heal res stacks as well as see it not stack up as fast as it does now.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté March 13, 2013, 11:07:01 | #137
Imo, if they are going to keep the Heal Resistance, it should not stack over 25%. That's already makes difference without turning the healer classes into something useless after 5th turn or so.

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2011-05-30
posté March 13, 2013, 21:41:26 | #138

Quote (ZeraKoN @ 13 March 2013 11:07) *
Imo, if they are going to keep the Heal Resistance, it should not stack over 25%. That's already makes difference without turning the healer classes into something useless after 5th turn or so.
that's a nice idea actually, but change it to stop stacking at 50%. that would fix all problems in my opinion

posté March 15, 2013, 00:39:10 | #139
Remove this damn resistance to heal!!!Remove it!!!

Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté March 15, 2013, 15:46:56 | #140
I don't think that all content should be available to all players, 'casuals' specifically. I think there should be some content reserved for players willing to put in the effort to formulate and execute strategies. We beat Magmog in Dathura yesterday but compared to old methods it was much, much more difficult. We had to test several strategies and find the one we were more comfortable with. This is a strategy MMO. Some things should be exorbitantly difficult and reward players as such.

However.

This shouldn't penalize casual players. There should always be a (nearly) equal benchmark of gear that is relatively more accessible (for example Black Widow gear/Whisperer set to Black Crow gear, or Rampart gear to Undertone set). The nature of UB is that because you can only attempt once per week and because we can freely exchange gear and materials and nothing is bound people will feel entitled to profiting off of their work. Call it greed, but it's only penalizing to share strategies in a game where the developers concentrate their efforts to make a particular enemy exceedingly more difficult.

That being said I still disagree with the current heal resistance. I still feel like there should be a means to dispel heal resistance (Healing Word and Renewing Word debuffing instead of adding heal resistance). Make it so that Eniripsa are the best ones who can dispel the debuff but allow other classes to heal in more powerful and interesting ways (buff heals on the water Zobal and emphasize healing via barrel on the water Pandawa tree, for example). Give them a passive that affects how much heal resistance they add and reduce (for example up to 40% amount of heal resistance added is reduced for Invigorating Word, 30% reduction for Revitalizing and Fortifying Word & a different passive that allows Renewing and Healing Word to dispel up to 50% more heal resistance). Other classes should be able to dispel too, but in less meaningful ways. For example, Pandawa's Bamboozle could add a buff to allies that decreases the amount of heal resistance they get and add a debuff to enemies that increase it.

I promise that these changes would bring new interesting roles in combat and encourage more variation in the various builds of players. We can't just wait until Ankama gives us new specialties/spells (which they will) for new, useful, and interesting builds to arise. Who knows how long that will take.

50% heal resistance is also way too high. Max stack should be just like CF, 30%. After every complete round of the Arena everyone's heal resistance should be halved and if you have under 5%, completely dispelled. I have no comment for heal resistance in PvP.

- Mango