Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Candy abuse o.o
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-05-30
posté July 30, 2013, 14:12:15 | #1
Candy abuse o.o It seems it has been fixed now. Nox and Dathura players have been abusing ever since it showed up the previous patch.
For those who missed out, here's what actually happened.
"If a player using a 100wis candy was K.O.ed, the candy never lost its effect, it applied for the next 1000 fights"
Getting from 1 to 120 took a mere 3 days of polar cracklers.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté July 30, 2013, 14:17:59 | #2
Hmm, this I've never seen, and I've used a lot of wis candy and pp candy. Now I did notice that if you were unsuccesful and died you kept the buff until the next time you killed something. I wonder how the new candy thing will work in missis freeze where you have to die to be able to damage her under 3000.

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté July 30, 2013, 14:25:29 | #3
Some naughty Remington players may have been using it also.

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-04-13
posté July 30, 2013, 14:29:37 | #4
Happened to me for one room in a dungeon. Was leveling with guildies and took a 50wisd candy in thje second last room, got floored by the mob, but after the fight it showed I still had the buff. Disappeared after boss fight so I assumed it was just a display glitch?

*shrugs*

Oh well

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté July 30, 2013, 15:13:52 | #5
the candies say one fight, i just thought if you died you still got to have it until you killed something.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2005-10-18
posté July 30, 2013, 15:23:31 | #6
Showed up in the previous patch? No lol. This has been around for aaages. The first time I noticed it was around february I think? Hehehe. It certainly made leeching less painful, but I guess it needed fixing.

(cyndiloo @ 2013-07-30 15:13:52)the candies say one fight, i just thought if you died you still got to have it until you killed something.

Yeah, the bug is that if you die, but your team wins the fight (before your 3 turns are up), you keep the candy. Hopefully you will still keep the candy when your team loses after this patch.

This post has been edited by BilloThePillo - July 30, 2013, 15:25:06.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-08-07
posté July 30, 2013, 16:50:11 | #7
The problem with this bug is that like Billo said this bug has been around for ages. And because of how long it took ankama to deal with it along with the fact that such a large amount of players abused it, ankama would probably have to sanction 1/3 of the server over this bug...

Not to mention how easy it was to accidentally recreate (eg: whenever i lost in magmog on my alt enu i never use for anything but magmog the candy effect would remain until the next fight wether i want it to or not)

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté July 30, 2013, 17:09:46 | #8

Quote (Nanaers @ 30 July 2013 16:50) *
The problem with this bug is that like Billo said this bug has been around for ages. And because of how long it took ankama to deal with it along with the fact that such a large amount of players abused it, ankama would probably have to sanction 1/3 of the server over this bug...

Not to mention how easy it was to accidentally recreate (eg: whenever i lost in magmog on my alt enu i never use for anything but magmog the candy effect would remain until the next fight wether i want it to or not)
1) Gobbalrog
2) who still wipes on remington? lol

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 30, 2013, 17:58:13 | #9
I only learned about this bug a few days ago.

On a completely unrelated note, using legitimate means of course, I recently took a sadi from 40-100 in less than 12 hours.

Based on how long this bug has been around, do some players have 16,000 alts at level cap?

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-04-08
posté July 30, 2013, 18:40:49 | #10
and ankama will do nothing against the abusers, i presume?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-04
posté July 30, 2013, 20:17:04 | #11

Quote (saphiLC @ 30 July 2013 18:40) *
and ankama will do nothing against the abusers, i presume?

It doesn't bother me either way. I've always played games and thought anything goes if it's within the games design.

If there is a severe enough problem the developers need to step in. But it's also the developers responsibility to keep major game breaking bugs out. So if they want to ban/punish people for using all the tools available to them "in game"... the developers need to take some responsibility, monitor their own game, and be prepared to take action. Not band-aid it.

It's a fine line expecting players to know what an exploit in game is and which ones if they choose to use them will result in bans. Take Feca glyphs overlapping. I never considered that a bug. It seemed perfectly normal that by overlapping the same glyphs i'd benefit from multiple bonuses.

IMO, the only ban-able offenses are altering the coding of the game or mistreating other players in some way.