Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Dragon pig Strategy and Reflections
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2013-08-17
posté September 21, 2013, 01:22:10 | #1
Dragon pig Strategy and Reflections First things First. This isn't a thread for people to talk about conspiracy theories or about who uses a use bug or not. This is purely to provide info to those who cant seems to grasp Dragon pigs mechanic.

Here's how i think a Dragon pig fight should go.

Phase 1: Setup
- Get dragon pig to focus tank
- getting DPT out of hit range.
- Making sure 3 of your members aren't in Wrath AoE( Circle of Two) range of each other.

Phase 2: Drop HP

- Dragon pig get a new mechanic to is dmg invulnerability.
- Dragon pig's dmg increases
- 7 "Common Frenzy Stacks" Obtained through hitting him in different elements, turning him around, healing him, collision with objects. This makes him vulnerable to damage.

Phase 3: Burst DMG.
- Dragon pig ( i believe) goes berserk and starts dealing a crazy amount of dmg
- This is when you tank needs to get on his A game
- if you take a sacrieur have it sac everybody. If you have a summon osa* have him take boohemoths and have them do the same. If you have a panda .... euhm get everyone away, i guess.

Belligerence

Negative tile: give +10 belligerence to whoever steps on it, and + 5 to allies.
Ap/MP: Every Ap/mp.wp attack uses stack belligerence. I believe its

1 ap = 1 belligerence
1 mp = belligerence
1 WP = 5 belligerence.
Ultimate fighter( fighting): is a dragon pig passive that give + 2 belligerence at the start of DPs turn. After 100 turns it give + 200 belligerence.
Belligerence drops after dragon pig uses a special move. Each special move belligerence drops by 50 , 100 , 150 and 250. Don't know which spell does which at the moment.

Ultimate Fighter Supreme (UFS): for every 10 lvls of belligerence you get 1 UFS. Belligerence Caps at 500 so its only possible to get 50 UFS. UFS caps at 200. Getting hit by Dragon pig special moves increases UFS.

UFS stats:

At lvl 50 UFS gives : At lvl 200:
+50 % dmg +200% dmg
+50 heals +200% heals
+25 resists +100 %resists
+ x dodge + x dodge
+ x lock + x lock
+ x crit + 15 crits
+1ap + 4 ap
+1mp +4 mp

The level 200 stats remind me of the hushed dungeon and how you get that super buff for one turn.
Since belligerence caps at 500 you can only get 50.

Problems with getting UFS to 50:
- For every new move DP uses belligerence drops.
- only thing that could balance out the belligerence loss is ultimate fighter, but you need to wait 100 turns before that caps.
-If everyone on your team has 500 belligerence. Dragon pig gets to chose who he's going to TP too.

Possible solution :
Controlling DP attacks so he doesn't us the new special move.
spamming negative tiles ( but heal DP for 600 hp and adds + 50% dmg).

How DP works when i run it: I get him to focus tank( making the tank get the highest belligerence). he doesnt attack my dpt , osa give back and other dpts drops shield. Eni... is just eni healing. So i could basically just rinse repeat till the third stage, but i have no clue how much dmg he makes since i always focused on trying to get UFS to 200.

Did i find out how to break the UFS lvl 50 benchmark? Yes, the highest i've got was 74.
you will need to get around 350 - 500 belligerence. And there are two conditions that need to be fulfilled.If you want to get anywhere close to 200 UFS. That's all i can say till i can fully control UFS and share the safest way to get it.

How I think DP should be downed: Get high belligerence in phase one because thats when he hit the lowest. Drop shield, fulfill the UFS benchmark breaker condition, and drop some serious DMG, and repeat every other turn. If UFS works like Hush Super sayan mode, where hush cant reflect dmg and such, the Final resist could be made void to whoever is in that state.

If anyone knows how to maintain belligerence or at least have it increase at a constant rate, that would be a great additions to this info.

Feel free to share how you think your class can help out in DP. Talk about tanking abilities, Damage potential, support ideas and such.

Since i'm am not moderator i can delete irrelevant message. Ill try my best to keep things on topic. And if you have anything negative to say, make a thread about it so that it will have some relevance don't need this to get closed for silly reason.

Any new info will be added here.
Hope i helped the masses.

Bee
- Illuminati

*Summon osa are actually kinda good in UBs just need to take a good one. Got a summon Osa in guild thats a Supreme magmog bleeder. Been using other pets than gelee, when gelees weren't avaialble.
* [this info was provided in the Dathura dragon pig down forum that got close. I thank the person(s) who are/were willing to share this info]

This post has been edited by Beezle - October 03, 2013, 15:52:36.
Reason for edit : Info update from replies
The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté September 21, 2013, 01:31:57 | #2
At least someone wants to share information.

Thanks, bro.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-04-11
posté September 21, 2013, 07:14:53 | #3
My idea was to use a Iop with this tanking gear (Adding 2PA for the 10PA) and have him hit 2 shakers and then a defensive stance, he could tank some pretty nice blows with 87 Block and high resist.

Also this Iop would have Locking Pro, wich would stabilize the Dragon Pig, since the last time I checked he teleports without even moving when the Eniripsa ( Highest belligerence) is out of range. So he would pretty much just attack the Iop, try to teleport and fail to do so, and maybe some other thing in the way, maybe a summon or a doll I don't know...

That is if he moves at all, that's just the idea.

Also noticed he doesn't teleport every turn, I don't remember how often he teleports, or maybe that was changed... I haven't done dragon pig last week.

The rest is pretty much what you said.

I take it that as the Iop wins more belligenrence, he'll also win Lock, and if he finally locks him he'll win even more lock, so.... That's my idea, any suggestions are welcomed.

Sorry if I mistyped anything, I'm from Elbor.

This post has been edited by iiNoted - September 21, 2013, 07:20:56.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté September 21, 2013, 10:52:20 | #4
I think a Sadida would be really helpful, using Brambles on the tank and dolls to maybe spread out damage.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-02-22
posté September 21, 2013, 12:11:52 | #5
I'll try to make the fight image clearer for you and correct the information although I can't reveal any of the mechanics because it's against my guild's interest. I'm sorry for being sketchy but honestly I can't tell you more than you see in this post. What you are considering there are very logical and sensible conclusions, but triggering all the secret states completely changes rules of the fight. Dragon Pig ought to become the prey and player the predator. I find it more reasonable to attempt finding the secret states than working on DP as it is, because any other tactic than the legit one will be nerfed eventually. Analyze the clues in fight, I'm sure you can find it.

Making sure 3 of your members aren't in Wrath AoE range of each other.

Dragin Pig casts the AoE if he has at least 2 targets (inlcuding summons which he usually ignores), it's pretty unavoidable since it's got 12+ range; you have to spread.

Phase 2: Drop HP
- Dragon pig get a new mechanic to is dmg invulnerability.
- Dragon pig's dmg increases
- Apparently it has to get hit a certain number of ways and has to reach a certain lvl to get hit.
- Continuing the attack routine from stage one, with minor changes in combo, should do the trick.

The second phase invulnerability has nearly nothing to do with the first stage one. The fact that you managed to trigger it the same way is mainly accidental. The trick is stacking the secret states to a certain level and after reaching it, every next level achieved lowers his final resistance. It's pretty easy to figure out, just try different things in fight. I have to leave the rest for your creativity.

About the UFS state; I had the same idea about it, but now I believe that it's not that relevant. The buff doesn't really affect the fight and it's very costful. Of course it's very helpful if you can get it in a controlled situation.

I think a Sadida would be really helpful, using Brambles on the tank and dolls to maybe spread out damage.

AI has been recently changed to ignore summons (probably exclusively for DP and other bosses) and using them to block bosses is considered as an abuse.

This post has been edited by FajneCycki - September 21, 2013, 16:49:21.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté September 21, 2013, 13:18:26 | #6
if you arent using a weapon its abuse... oh! but you're not allowed to use a weapon with an alternate effect.. coz yeah. that's abuse too.
Everything's abuse ~ a+ ankama :3
---------------
Good luck developing the tactics guys !! (drop me a few pieces while you're at it {3)

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - September 21, 2013, 13:39:59.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-01-26
posté September 21, 2013, 16:41:39 | #7

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 21 September 2013 13:18) *
if you arent using a weapon its abuse... oh! but you're not allowed to use a weapon with an alternate effect.. coz yeah. that's abuse too.
---------------
Good luck developing the tactics guys !! (drop me a few pieces while you're at it {3)
"I'm not gonna help out, you should give me gear anyway"

jekyll stop posting you invented the abuse

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-02
posté September 21, 2013, 17:06:35 | #8

Quote (iiNoted @ 21 September 2013 07:14) *
My idea was to use a Iop with this tanking gear (Adding 2PA for the 10PA) and have him hit 2 shakers and then a defensive stance, he could tank some pretty nice blows with 87 Block and high resist.

Also this Iop would have Locking Pro, wich would stabilize the Dragon Pig, since the last time I checked he teleports without even moving when the Eniripsa ( Highest belligerence) is out of range. So he would pretty much just attack the Iop, try to teleport and fail to do so, and maybe some other thing in the way, maybe a summon or a doll I don't know...

That is if he moves at all, that's just the idea.

Also noticed he doesn't teleport every turn, I don't remember how often he teleports, or maybe that was changed... I haven't done dragon pig last week.

The rest is pretty much what you said.

I take it that as the Iop wins more belligenrence, he'll also win Lock, and if he finally locks him he'll win even more lock, so.... That's my idea, any suggestions are welcomed.

Sorry if I mistyped anything, I'm from Elbor.

If he is iop bound, he just walks away from the iop and then teleports. Also Iop will get backstab very hard. Thats why my panda alone has 84% Block and turns out to be a pretty good tank for DP.
I'll come back with more results in a few days.

- Stylia

posté September 21, 2013, 17:15:33 | #9
Dear Hate,
It is true that I found that strategy but I haven't proceeded in performing it. We've won in the first Dragon Pig run after the patch without any preparations and plans. It was a sudden idea and it worked, you can't blame me for having accurate observations. The problem is that it leaked and other people used it to farm DP items. Since then I found 2 new working strategies which weren't fully legitimate but didn't contain confirmed exploits.

Also I found something very interesting; there's a repeteable situation in phases 1 and 2 where the DP moves away from players ignoring them and passes his turn turning his back to the team. I'd like to ask for an official Dev statement if it's an AI bug or an intended effect. It can be done without any Mechanics, Summons, in any place of the map, having DP in melee, in range. It doesn't look like an AI bug but it seems to be a little strange. It would lead to fairly easy kills; that's why I'm worried that using it might be sanctionable.

This post has been edited by FajneCycki - September 21, 2013, 20:53:48.
Mister Winter Fashion Victim 2012 * Member Since 2012-12-20
posté September 21, 2013, 17:22:08 | #10
Couple of tips. Might help.

Even if you do Iop-Bound him, he'll just gain immunity from it the next turn anyways. You can only Iop-Bound a target every other turn. Shaker will do almost nothing for most of the battle since the likelihood is you'll turn Dragon Pig towards you (though this can be useful for non-Osamodas strategies).

When hit with specialty skills, the person getting hit gains UFS for a turn, though everyone including him or her will lose an appropriate amount of Belligerence based on the skill. That's the easiest way to gain UFS stacks, as after one Power Presentation if a player should survive they would see themselves with 200 stacks of UFS immediately.

Seven common Frenzy stacks including a hit of each element, turning him (most commonly Bwork Trump in dragon form), healing him, and pushing something into him. It only takes seven for him to become vulnerable to damage for the turn. These stacks must be reapplied every turn cycle.

Also, Geyserker's conditions require three targets in its area of effect stemming from the target player or object, of which summons can be a part of. Circle of two.

• Mango

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-02-17
posté September 21, 2013, 18:04:15 | #11

This post has been edited by elgatopucha - September 21, 2013, 18:19:23.
posté September 21, 2013, 18:25:52 | #12
I find it stupid that that's there's only one way to kill him and it's a secret and everything else is abuse.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-02-17
posté September 21, 2013, 18:33:57 | #13

Quote (Asthis @ 21 September 2013 18:25) *
I find it stupid that that's there's only one way to kill him and it's a secret and everything else is abuse.

It's not an abuse if you're friendly with the devs.

posté September 21, 2013, 18:37:35 | #14

Quote (elgatopucha @ 21 September 2013 18:33) *

Quote (Asthis @ 21 September 2013 18:25) *

It's not an abuse if you're friendly with the devs.

Nope, we're not going to talk about conspiracy in this thread so just stop before you get this thread locked.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté September 21, 2013, 18:59:29 | #15

Quote (HateSpawn @ 21 September 2013 16:41) *

--
--
Im not even Jekyll

Just wondering, what sort of classes.. or damage dealers specifically qualify for this brawl? I'd like to go on my air cra, but im too scared to try.. haha (im such a scardy dork)
Idk if he'd really contribute anything aside from damage - and ofc pushes, but idk whether they are important or not

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - September 21, 2013, 19:00:04.
posté September 21, 2013, 19:10:06 | #16
It's worth trying! If you're protected by Sacrifice you should be okay... probably best to stay away from DP and do long range attacks when he's vulnerable anyway because he does more damage and deals AoEs.

posté September 21, 2013, 19:44:37 | #17

---------------
Thx for your support at the end, but like i said this isnt the place to talk about bugs.

Quote (HateSpawn @ 21 September 2013 16:41) *

---------------
"I'm not gonna help out, you should give me gear anyway"

jekyll stop posting you invented the abuse
Keep your private convos in Ankabox. Even if the quote pretty much summarizes his comment.

Quote (FajneCycki @ 21 September 2013 17:15) *
Dear Hate,
It is true that I found that strategy but I haven't proceeded in performing it. We've won in the first Dragon Pig run after the patch without any preparations and plans. It was a sudden idea and it worked, you can't blame me for having accurate observations. The problem is that it leaked and other people used it to farm DP items. Since then I found 2 new working strategies but none of them is fully legitimate. And as you see I continued the work and I what I found now seems to be the legit strategy. I haven't tested it through but there's a repeteable situation in phases 1 and 2 where the DP moves away from players ignoring them and passes his turn. I'd like to see an official Dev statement if it's an AI bug or an intended effect. It can be done without any Mechanics, Summons, in any place of the map, having DP in melee, in range, anywhere. It doesn't look like an AI bug but it seems to be a little strange.
Even tho this feel more like a private message. You still talked about DP AI and how he operates in Stage 1 and 2.

Quote (elgatopucha @ 21 September 2013 18:04) *
I see you edited your ( first?) comment. Some of this info may be inaccurate, but it will get updated with the information i get from my runs and the info people share here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for UFS i think its safe to say there is a way to stack it without suffering too much dmg. Yes you have o get hit by a special move to UFS to go up. From what i've seen getting hit my one special move doubles your UFS.

Well as i was typing this, i think i figured out how to stack UFS for more than one person and actually keep a high belligerence, but it requires DP to have ultimate fighter at lvl 200.

Here comes the Theory, which sounds crazy but feels like the right thing. So every 100 belligerence DP gains a new special move so 500 belligerence = 5 new moves. The last move has to be the most powerful obvs.

lets say tank and dps have 500 belligerence, which means DP will have all 4(or)5 attacks unlocked. Now not knowing which special move he uses first, is the random factor i guess. attack 4 removes 250 belligerence, attack 3 removes 150, attack 2 removes 100 and attack 1 removes 50.

if DP has 5 attacks: what you want is for DP to use the last special move on the tank, and the remaining two on the DPTs. By doing so the tank should have 100 UFS and the DPT will have 200.
After using all of his moves everyone's belligerence will drop to zero( or so). If belligerence is zero UFS should technically be 0 too, but when dragon pig doubles your UFS when you start your turn you still keep it, its value only gets re-adjusted when you end your turn. So for the turn after you get hit, and if you obvs dont die which shouldnt be the case, you will have the supper buff. Super buff will should equal to massive dmg. Now with everyone belligerence back to 0 - 20 ( 20 because dpts used AP during super buff mode, unless it doesnt stack then) How will you get your belligerence back up? It would take forever to follow to let your attacks raise it back to 500 (that's 500 ap worth of attacks). Instead you let DP raise it for you, through ultimate fighting ( or fighter). On DPs turn everyone will get will get 200 belligerence + whatever they stacked during the DPTs super buff. Regardless of which special move DP uses, Belligerence should increase by 50 whether you decided to attack him or not.
Don't forget resist increase with UFS.

Using iop as a tank is a very good idea. Not because of the TP lock, but because its easier for it to stack UFS. the +100 % dmg from autority ( that give back nd to allies) + 200 % from UFS thats already + 300 % dmg. If as i susptet UFS at a certain lvl bypasses final resist, you will have a dmg dealing tank. If i have a panda in there droping resists thats an additional 100% dmg.

Sadida with bramble is nice. IF the sadida gets the UFS dmg bonus, it should be able to stack up more HP on bramble armor. This should work well to with the future froggernauts.

Bee

posté September 21, 2013, 20:16:41 | #18
I've already said that UFS isn't a very relevant state in my first post. At least in the first 2 phases; I have a certain theory about it in the last phase. It's been tested and doesn't allow to bypass final resistances.

This post has been edited by FajneCycki - September 21, 2013, 20:23:46.
posté September 21, 2013, 21:05:09 | #19
@FajineCycki: The UFS part wasn't a reply to you post. The top part was me moderating the post so that others would understand what kind of post arent needed here. Not saying yours wasnt need. i said it was a private message(since it said "Dear hate") but it still provided some insight on DPS AI. Post like yours are acceptable, but i think if its less focused on an individual there will be little to no conflict in this thread.

And when i mean bypass i mean doing dmg bases on % dmg of attack and % resist of DP without the final resistance of that dmg. After taking such a risk to stack UFS to 200 it would only make sense that your attacks dmg will not take into account the final resist. Too keep things short im just thinking as UFS as being similar to the Hush buff. Even if Final resist still applies, You'd still be doing more dmg and the more dmg you do the faster the run will be. Yeah for the final stage it would be a nice way to rush him.

posté September 21, 2013, 21:18:04 | #20
I had a post before the one adressed to Hate And it contains what I'm talking about. I had the same view on UFS for some time but in-game experience verified it. The secret states are definitely the more important matter. It seems that you can handle without UFS in the first two phases, I think it's supposed to be carefully stacked and then used to storm through the last phase.