Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Horde Challenges, your thoughts?, Give your opinion on the Horde area challenges.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2009-09-05
posté September 22, 2013, 13:15:49 | #1
Horde Challenges, your thoughts? Today I've attempted another one of the Horde challenges.

I like them because the monster groups are bigger and the boss monster is a special monster.
I dislike them because in larger area's, they are near impossible to complete for players that are doing them by themselves.

A suggestion that I read on the forum before was.
"Let the horde monsters spawn besides the normal area challenge."
A point was made that lower level players that do the area challenges won't be able to beat the horde groups and won't have anything to do in that area for 2 hours.

Another thing was that when I was running around in Brakmar's Mourning Wood,
I saw that 9 our of 12 hordes were killed and I still have more than 30 min to kill the remaining 3.
After this I started looking and looking but because the area was so big it took me 5min to find the first group, 10min after that to find the second group and in the last 15min... I wasn't able to find the last group.

A way to solve this problem in bigger areas would be the same as some other challenges, spawn more of the hordes, sadly, this would not really be needed in the smaller areas.
Another way to solve this would be to generate an effect around where the monsters would be, when players would get closer, the effect would become more noticeable, which would make sure that players wouldn't need to walk to every corner of the map to see if the horde has hidden itself there.

After all your reactions have been posted, I will post a detailed suggestion topic which hopefully will be noticed.

Adding some extra info below from other threads (1 & 2) :
Players want these challenges to give greater rewards.
They have not been able to really be used for leeching (as much as before) for a while now because of the level restrictions so that is good on that side, the exp has also been greatly reduced from way back then.
-Make it appear as a separate event (besides normal challenges)
-Give more interesting drops (I myself feel like the extra drop from the Dominants are good enough, we don't have enough inventory space as it is.)
-More xp rewards, since it's a very time-consuming thing. (or maybe just a exp bonus on the mobs themselves so that players who go after the hordes get a bit extra)

This post has been edited by Kuroyanko - September 22, 2013, 20:31:02.
Reason for edit : extra info
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-05
posté September 22, 2013, 14:04:47 | #2
Yes, its a bit silly you need players to kill every group to earn the reward exp and it takes 2 whole hours till you are rid of them and can do the normal quests.

I personally dont care about hordes, the khiel aegis is nice but the rest is hardly noticeable.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté September 22, 2013, 17:27:53 | #3
They did great releasing hordes on all the adventure islands up to whispering but then dropped the ball with frigost and wabbit island.

I want them to make frigost/wabbit hordes I understand it has much larger amounts of monsters that vary in level but you can't just create content and then cut it off like that. That's lazy.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté September 22, 2013, 18:19:09 | #4
The biggest problem is how bugged they are. More often than not you can't kill the last group because a mob from a previous chall is stuck and prevented it from being spawned.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-04-03
posté September 22, 2013, 18:34:55 | #5
There's already a few threads about hordes, made pretty long ago.. [1], [2]. People don't like several things about it and want to see it improved, but Ankama seems to not give a sheet.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-08-21
posté September 22, 2013, 20:47:09 | #6
I'd rather just see random spawns with a horde type super monster from a family in it and let it wander until killed. The better way to put unique items on challenge mobs was in snowbound village with the three chafekateers and snowfoux scramble. Frankly I just find most hordes annoying and have noticed this lately while solo leveling on my sadida. When one comes up it blocks out any challenges there for like 2 hours and reduces the places you can hop back and forth to for challenge leveling. A lot of people rely on challenges for leveling esp b/w 60 and 110, and hordes are purely a group activity unless you severely outlevel them in which case the xp is paltry. Technically snowfoux and 3 chafekateers are group activities as well, but at least they're only 15 minutes and ice floe has plenty of soloable challenges.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 22 September 2013 17:27) *
They did great releasing hordes on all the adventure islands up to whispering but then dropped the ball with frigost and wabbit island.

I want them to make frigost/wabbit hordes I understand it has much larger amounts of monsters that vary in level but you can't just create content and then cut it off like that. That's lazy.
At the very least I'd like a named mob set with a unique loot table as part of the challenge mobs. The crow and wabbits in first area have no drops and are overly simple. I mean it's fine for spam leveling but 3 chafekateers and snowfoux chafers are much better examples of this type of challenge. Lenaldix is somewhat like the fenris challenge I suppose, though I'm not sure if he drops anything either.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 22, 2013, 20:50:08.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-07
posté September 23, 2013, 00:52:50 | #7
Hoards are actually really fun, its a shame they aren't on the later islands. If they are added there really should be massive xp rewards for the amount of time it takes to complete.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté September 23, 2013, 01:55:27 | #8

Quote (cyndiloo @ 22 September 2013 20:47) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 22 September 2013 17:27) *

At the very least I'd like a named mob set with a unique loot table as part of the challenge mobs. The crow and wabbits in first area have no drops and are overly simple. I mean it's fine for spam leveling but 3 chafekateers and snowfoux chafers are much better examples of this type of challenge. Lenaldix is somewhat like the fenris challenge I suppose, though I'm not sure if he drops anything either.
I have to agree with you the loot tables are pretty important.

I don't like how they did the crobaks but I mean hey its free exp?? Sort of... I think it'd be really nice though if lenaldix drops something i mean I haven't checked maybe he does but lets hope its not as rare as the fhenris sword xD

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté September 23, 2013, 02:17:30 | #9
I really like the idea shared here of having Hordes and Environmental Challenges happen at the same time. It would be the best of both, offer multiple sources of additional experience, and just look cool.

I'd also like to see the Hordes extended to the newer islands, if possible.

Also a return of the Wild Quests and some sort of token reward would be really special. I think I might sing songs of joy for months, if that happened!

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté September 23, 2013, 10:28:06 | #10
My level 105 fire Sac can solo Mollusky hordes but he doesn't get any XP for it since the total mob level is too high. It's dumb.