Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

Almanax 18 Descendre
Play Day
Play Day commemorates the day when Ecaflip realised that his cards could provide him with another ...

No flash

Wakfu damage calculator
Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté September 30, 2013, 01:28:54 | #1
Wakfu damage calculator Ok, as I love maths I think know some of the Wakfu formulas which I use when making builds for myself and other people. However with all the new equipment critical hit bonus, backstab bonuses it was getting harder to quickly see what is better in terms of equipment.

So I have made a full damage calculator which I am going to share with you (which you will have to download to use).

Now if someone wants to turn this into a html webpage please do .

Before you argue that any of my maths if incorrect please can you test it. As I spent over an hour using this spreadsheet with a extremely low variance between the game and the calc which is most likely a rounding issue. I do not claim that any of the formulas I use are correct as Ankama, maths and logical rarely work together.

To use the calc simply enter your numbers in the boxes then magic.
By base damage/combo I mean if you cast 3 spells with a base of 25 your damage per turn will be 75.

Notes:

• You can never hit less than your base damage so 100 base against 500% resistance and you hit 100 I couldn't get the special rule to work in my version of open office (not excel) as thats all I have atm.
  • This calc can be used in and outside of combat, if you gain +20% critical hits after using 1 Wakfu Point then add it in, so you can see the damage difference.
  • Sidestab is +10% final damage so 1.1 final damage.
  • Backstab is +25% final damage so 1.25%, backstab bonus damage is added to bonus damage
I have put the formulas at the right of the spreadsheet. I didn't think backstab just gets added to normal damage however I have run the maths so many times it can only be like that.
Now damage is not everything as this is just a straight calc for certain classes/builds you may want to lower your damage in order to gain resistance for example.

I will keep the title of this topic to illustrate my point at the bottom. 

This post has been edited by JerryDB - April 22, 2014, 17:12:35.
Reason for edit : yay, go you jerry
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-12-14
posté September 30, 2013, 04:39:36 | #2
The back/sidestab diagram you have there isn't quite accurate; the backstab (and frontal attack) area spans around 55-60 degrees from the back/front rather than 45 degrees. For example, you can achieve backstab on a target if you are 2 cells behind it and 3 cells to its side. Your spreadsheet seems fine otherwise, but for the sake of completion, you can consider adding critical hit resistance, backstab resistance, block, and final resistance to it.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté September 30, 2013, 13:00:58 | #3
IS THIS THE EPIC CONCLUSION?

btw thanks jerrydb

posté September 30, 2013, 16:19:36 | #4

Quote (Pimento2 @ 30 September 2013 04:39) *
The back/sidestab diagram you have there isn't quite accurate; the backstab (and frontal attack) area spans around 55-60 degrees from the back/front rather than 45 degrees. For example, you can achieve backstab on a target if you are 2 cells behind it and 3 cells to its side. Your spreadsheet seems fine otherwise, but for the sake of completion, you can consider adding critical hit resistance, backstab resistance, block, and final resistance to it.
Thank you very much I will add this in a later version. If someone would like to make this into a webpage as that would epic.

I did not draw the backstab picture my friend did it was meant for a general impression but not to be 100% accurate.

Quote (AoKishin @ 30 September 2013 13:00) *
IS THIS THE EPIC CONCLUSION?

btw thanks jerrydb
Your welcome, everyone knows the results already Super Player Z won that's why someone else is so jealous but I beleive in Zhao he might win one day!.

This topic was not aimed at anyone specifically this was meant to be a lighthearted twist I choose a topic which people seemed to like. This topic is not meant for me to judge anyone its meant to be a gentle reminder there is other better written, more constructive, informative and overall more useful topics on this forum. Just to note someone even made a topic about the sheer about of the negative/same/pointless topics.

I posted the topic with the appropriate title and forum section 9 days ago and it got 67 views and zero replies. I posted this topic 13 hours ago and it has 8 replies 307 views I was actually speechless for 10 minutes. I understand those topics can be almost amusing (the first time) but looking at this numbers what conclusion can I draw? everyone loves drama thats all anyone reads and needs?. That my topic and other serious topics are without drama therefore boring? which are not worth reading?.

So in conclusion please use the all topics feature of the forum and there should be some other topics of possible interest instead the flaming festivals.

Please note I can not use the English language in an eloquent way to express myself that's why I usually have to state my feelings.

This post has been edited by JerryDB - September 30, 2013, 16:21:42.
Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté October 01, 2013, 04:48:25 | #5
The problem was that you spammed up the whole forum with your advertisement, so of course we were going to rib you for it. Additionally, what you did was akin to uploading a youtube video and putting breasts in the thumbnail so that people click on it expecting boobs and get something else, and I just think that's kinda scummy.

Do what you will, I guess - even if that's lying and tricking people. It'll only bite you.

posté October 01, 2013, 14:42:58 | #6
I never expected to be immune to criticism after all I am a player of Wakfu just like everyone else, correct I posted this topic on four topics.

The forums rules state only post if you are going add something meaningful to the conversation in the case the OP is complete nonsense I deem it fair game to advertise on such topics.

I stated the reason for my actions above. As I also said this was a lighthearted play on the situation so what did you get? A useful damage calculator. What didn't you get? the last topic ever with drama as the main subject matter. Sounds a win win for the community.

Btw I am not going to make this a reoccurring theme in order to gain more views on my topics regardless of how important I think the topic is, I hope people read the topic title and/or the author before reading. If you didn't know you should be able to mouse over and read the first paragraph. 

This post has been edited by JerryDB - October 01, 2013, 14:46:17.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté October 01, 2013, 15:20:29 | #7

Quote (JerryDB @ 01 October 2013 14:42) *
Btw I am not going to make this a reoccurring theme in order to gain more views on my topics regardless of how important I think the topic is, I hope people read the topic title and/or the author before reading. If you didn't know you should be able to mouse over and read the first paragraph.
When i saw you posting with the original topic i found it strange since your such a.... "community helper" why would you dirty yourself on their... thing that they do. I clicked out of curiosity only to see wtf you were talking about and it upset me to a degree. Not because it wasnt what you said it was but because you shamelessly advertised your thread... i think im alot like Hudski on this and thats where i find issue with this post. Though my opinion doesn't matter really i just wanted to express that i agree with hudski in some form.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2011-01-27
posté October 04, 2013, 06:48:34 | #8
Hello,

I'd hate to bring this thread back to life after what it has gone through since it has derailed a bit from the topic the title suggests it is/should be about. I didn't know whether to start a new one or continue with this one... Well, as you can clearly see the choice I have chosen, I've decided to share what Jerry and I have hoped to create: a Wakfu calculator that is capable of calculating the damage done by various classes of many different builds. As Jerry has stated before me, it has gotten quite complicated to determine the best build for the classes we all enjoy to play. With the developers hard at work in revamping the classes that need to be revamped they will either introduce new stats for us to focus on or to eliminate old stats that no longer work or need to be forgotten. With that said, I hope this helps many of you as it has done for me:

Click here

The link will guide you to a google docs spreadsheet that you do not need to log in for nor need to download to use as it is interactive. Due to the nature to how google documents are shared, many people are able to view it, however, only one person can fully use it (assuming without interruption). It is, after all, hard to calculate for your individual build when someone else is changing values you had just put down earlier. There is an option to download the spreadsheet as an excel file or an open documents file but I cannot say with confidence that it would work properly in either format. As a final note, if you are ever confused to how to use it I have left several comments that you can find by hovering over some of the white text in the spreadsheet.

UPDATE 0.11:

I like to inform you that I have updated it to include a duplicate in another tab at the bottom. This should allow up to two different people to use it without interruption. If you do not know whether a tab is in use then look for any floating colorful boxes. These boxes are other users that have currently selected that cell in the spreadsheet.

UPDATE 0.2:
These specialties will now have an effect to your stats and your overall estimated average damage/heal:

Feca: Counter, Feca Master, Ironclad, Peace Armor, Pacification
Osa: Osamoda's Blessing, Critical Synergy, Symbiosa
Enutrof: Treasure Tracker, Not Dead Yet, Drhellzerker

There are also new sections:

Guild Bonuses
Clan Member Bonuses
Haven World & Area Bonuses
Bonus Points
State

The "Bonus Points" section allows you to include the extra "Abilities" points received from achievements and the game's quest line (Vamp dungeon achievement, Jelly Quest, Chillberg Quest, and Wabbit Quest). The "State" section allows you to choose different states corresponding to each class (I.E. Feca's Pacification or an Enu's Drhellzerker mode).

Here is a list of stats that have no effect yet:
Critical Failures
Critical Damage Resist
Backstab Resist
Summons Damage
Mechanical Damage
Block

Finally, specialties not listed above or from other classes do not work yet either.

Enjoy,
Serah

This post has been edited by Blackeagle112 - October 06, 2013, 00:43:34.