Back to forum.wakfu.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Changes to the AI?
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté October 01, 2013, 08:04:50 | #1
Changes to the AI? In this thread people have been experiencing random changes to DP and so have some of my guild mates: Click here

I noticed some strange behaviour with Magmog lately. He sometimes randomly attacks the Heller locking it instead of the Panda carrying the bait. He also attacks in weird patterns turn one even though we offer him the lowest resist character in a perfect aoe spot. He once walked over all to the right side where the Panda and a good resistance Eni are just to attack those two.

That makes absolutely no sense and has only been happening the last 2 weeks or so.

So, now I have heard rumours of Ankama being able to fix AI on the fly without having to take servers down. Can we get any confirmation on wether this is true and has happened here?

P.S.: I don't mind AI fixes in general, but how is it a good change to completely randomize an attack pattern like Magmog's? The ability to lure him towards certain chars with low resistances was what made it work reliably.

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2011-02-19
posté October 01, 2013, 09:02:20 | #2
Never had a problem with magmog. But the DP change is very noticeable...  

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-03-23
posté October 01, 2013, 13:07:32 | #3
it really does not matters now, if ankama insist him only be done by some specific player with some secrets

posté October 01, 2013, 13:53:45 | #4
It's been happening for maybe a month and a half in my guild, it's not a bug, and it is not random.

posté October 01, 2013, 13:58:17 | #5
The attacking the Heller thing I actually got a solution for. Seems it only happens when the Panda gets pushed by a summon next to the Heller. Magmog then recognizes it and saves it as "Yay, I can aoe there!" for his next turn, even when the Panda is gone by then.

The starting position thing however makes no sense to me. Why would Magmog go for 2 people with high earth and fire resist, when he can have 3 instead, one of those with low fire and earth resists and the other 2 with mediocre ones?

Is he programmed to take Enis out first now or what? ^^

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - October 01, 2013, 13:58:31.
posté October 01, 2013, 14:23:49 | #6
zeorus changed it to enis now.

posté October 01, 2013, 19:24:41 | #7

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 01 October 2013 13:58) *
The attacking the Heller thing I actually got a solution for. Seems it only happens when the Panda gets pushed by a summon next to the Heller. Magmog then recognizes it and saves it as "Yay, I can aoe there!" for his next turn, even when the Panda is gone by then.

The starting position thing however makes no sense to me. Why would Magmog go for 2 people with high earth and fire resist, when he can have 3 instead, one of those with low fire and earth resists and the other 2 with mediocre ones?

Is he programmed to take Enis out first now or what? ^^
I have NO idea why you call them Hellers, I also have NO idea why it irritates me so much.

But, moving on.

The targetting thing also has a solution (at least in our case). Also, the DRHeller thing is caused by something else, if my memory serves correctly. I could be wrong, and there could be two triggers for it, but, I have figured out a mostly dependable way to stop it from occuring.

I think.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2010-05-04
posté October 01, 2013, 20:24:50 | #8
I'm assuming the 2 mediocre resist guys still had more average earth resist than the Eni and Panda.

He does that to us alot, he throws the Meteor on the Panda group and then Moria Flames the Earth DDs.

posté October 02, 2013, 07:45:08 | #9
They certainly did not. Edit: Reading the second sentence that does sound like what has happened to us. Might be that it only happened in double earth DD groups and that in mixed DD groups he doesn't do it.

I guess in the end there is an explanation for everything

And Hate, be glad I didn't call it a "dog", because that is what it usually goes by in our guild. I don't give a damn about any Wakfu lore, that is for larpers.

This post has been edited by Shaleigh1 - October 02, 2013, 07:46:30.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-11-16
posté October 02, 2013, 20:06:56 | #10
So, I just got confirmation for that first part of my theory. One of the Magmog teams we ran today was a little chaotic so the Panda got pushed onto a tile Magmog could reach with his meteor but that had otherwise no targets around. Now the Panda of course moved away to resume his locking duties and guess what? Magmog attacked the now entirely empty tile in his turn.

Quite funny, totally bugged as usual but at least not really exploitable.

So thanks for your insight Hate, but you are wrong.

-Shaleigh