Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

[Respec] It are too much mats
Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté October 28, 2013, 17:16:11 | #1
[Respec] It are too much mats heya there,

I want to discuss about the amount of mats for the respec quest, it are just too many you know...
i tried to get them once and i was hunting for like 1-2 weeks 4 hours every day, some of these things are really hard to drop, pleas change the amount of mats we need or change them to other mats like gobbal skins or something

~Greetz, Sting

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-07-14
posté October 28, 2013, 17:26:53 | #2

Quote (basjejaspers @ 28 October 2013 17:16) *
heya there,

I want to discuss about the amount of mats for the respec quest, it are just too many you know...
i tried to get them once and i was hunting for like 1-2 weeks 4 hours every day, some of these things are really hard to drop, pleas change the amount of mats we need or change them to other mats like gobbal skins or something

~Greetz, Sting
Have you ever tried leveling any of your crafting professions? Even one or few levels in that may require more and more difficult resources than the respec quest. The respec quest is easy compared to what I have to go through while grinding professions, it doesn´t take that long. Maybe one or two days.

You can always buy the respec scroll from the boutique if you don´t feel like grinding mobs.

This post has been edited by Sentrayak - October 28, 2013, 17:28:53.
Reason for edit : typo
Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté October 28, 2013, 17:38:23 | #3
Azael did say with the removal of free global respec they would look at making the respec easier however the logical approach would have been to change the respec quest then remove free global respecs .

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté October 28, 2013, 17:44:58 | #4

Quote (JerryDB @ 28 October 2013 17:38) *
Azael did say with the removal of free global respec they would look at making the respec easier however the logical approach would have been to change the respec quest then remove free global respecs .
yeah i know but i need it right now , i kinde F*cked up my osa's build and cant do much anymore now untill another respec

Quote (Sentrayak @ 28 October 2013 17:26) *

Quote (basjejaspers @ 28 October 2013 17:16) *
heya there,

~Greetz, Sting
Have you ever tried leveling any of your crafting professions? Even one or few levels in that may require more and more difficult resources than the respec quest. The respec quest is easy compared to what I have to go through while grinding professions, it doesn´t take that long. Maybe one or two days.

You can always buy the respec scroll from the boutique if you don´t feel like grinding mobs.
I don't have Ogrines

This post has been edited by [MOD]Itsade - November 05, 2013, 06:46:47.
Reason for edit : .
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté October 28, 2013, 19:04:30 | #5
Last time I farmed the items it took a saturday on my enu. In case you haven't realized yet, you need an enu in this game unless you want to suffer.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-03-09
posté October 29, 2013, 00:20:03 | #6

Quote (Noobility @ 28 October 2013 19:04) *
Last time I farmed the items it took a saturday on my enu. In case you haven't realized yet, you need an enu in this game unless you want to suffer.

Yeah this. Bust out the enu. You can manage to walk the border between depression and insanity that way.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté October 29, 2013, 01:00:40 | #7

Quote (Mgobr @ 29 October 2013 00:20) *

Yeah this. Bust out the enu. You can manage to walk the border between depression and insanity that way.

Although I do see the prospecting loot gain of having an Enu, the only reason I want an Enu (but will not on my accounts due to lack of character space) is because Water Enus are a S**T ton of fun to play. LOL

(And that's why I play my guildmate's enu and kill gobballs for Royal Gobball Breastplates )

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté October 29, 2013, 07:26:16 | #8
So nobody actually has any arguments against what the OP is saying.

Of course he is right. This quest is useless, meaningless, tedious. It is boring to do and adds nothing to the fun of playing the game. It only creates anger. And that is what you people want from a game?

The argument of those opposing the OP is basically: "Yeah, but it isn't thaaat much slave work, only a little."

That you need an Enu to do it properly is just the icing on the shitty cake that is the respec quest. I still maintain my point from an earlier argument that Ankama needs to give a free respec once a month, period.

There is no downside to it, it only raises the fun. Nobody in the thread where this was brought up before had any actual arguments against it either. They were just like: "You shouldn't be spoiled." I asked why? Silence. "This should not be in an MMO." I asked why? Silence.
I have no clue why people love to torture themselves that much in a game. I personally play them to have fun not to stress myself out.

And a regular respec to fine tune characters, adjust them to metagame changes etc is for me a very engaging and exciting part of my gaming experience.
Ankama taking that from me away is the worst thing Wakfu has done in its development over the last year. No bug or mechanic change bothered me more than having to play the same character forever and ever or going through hours of tedium to change that.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-07-06
posté October 29, 2013, 14:11:23 | #9
I dont mind it, i normaly drop few instrument emotes, pets as blibli or scara and few other emotes ^^

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2009-11-27
posté October 30, 2013, 10:39:19 | #10
The quest is too long and it becomes even more of a pain in the neck when you are low level and want to try every element on your new character. They should add a respec scroll at the almanax machine for like 10-15 tokens.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté October 30, 2013, 14:52:41 | #11

Quote (Shaleigh1 @ 29 October 2013 07:26) *
So nobody actually has any arguments against what the OP is saying.

Of course he is right. This quest is useless, meaningless, tedious. It is boring to do and adds nothing to the fun of playing the game. It only creates anger. And that is what you people want from a game?

The argument of those opposing the OP is basically: "Yeah, but it isn't thaaat much slave work, only a little."

That you need an Enu to do it properly is just the icing on the shitty cake that is the respec quest. I still maintain my point from an earlier argument that Ankama needs to give a free respec once a month, period.

There is no downside to it, it only raises the fun. Nobody in the thread where this was brought up before had any actual arguments against it either. They were just like: "You shouldn't be spoiled." I asked why? Silence. "This should not be in an MMO." I asked why? Silence.
I have no clue why people love to torture themselves that much in a game. I personally play them to have fun not to stress myself out.

And a regular respec to fine tune characters, adjust them to metagame changes etc is for me a very engaging and exciting part of my gaming experience.
Ankama taking that from me away is the worst thing Wakfu has done in its development over the last year. No bug or mechanic change bothered me more than having to play the same character forever and ever or going through hours of tedium to change that.

This^

No more respecs is the reason I stopped playing. I was subscribed since release. The longer Ankama takes to remedy this, the less likely I am to pick the game back up.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-05-01
posté October 30, 2013, 18:17:23 | #12

Quote (CalmClouds @ 30 October 2013 10:39) *
The quest is too long and it becomes even more of a pain in the neck when you are low level and want to try every element on your new character. They should add a respec scroll at the almanax machine for like 10-15 tokens.
if you want to try every element on your "new character" then why don't you just delete it and make a new one? or stay in the respec room, to which you get free entry once at level 30 anyway.

As for OP, they devs don't want people to keep changing their entire builds each time they want to go hunt in a different area, or try an UB with a different element. Try to live with the choices you make~

This post has been edited by Kuroyanko - October 30, 2013, 18:18:27.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté October 30, 2013, 18:22:11 | #13
Nobody is asking for that, so why do you use something as an argument that isn't even part of this discussion?

We are asking for regular respecs, not for a feature to change builds every minute of every day. As explained here and in another thread where this discussion came up recently that is in no way exploitable and can only add to the fun users have with their characters.
Plus the metagame changes constantly and for competitive players it is important to keep up with it. Anyone who thinks it is possible to make a good build that lasts forever is naive.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté October 30, 2013, 19:20:49 | #14
I feel like this quest pretty easy for multiaccounter, but real pain in the ass for single client player. I like the direction, this game is going...

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté October 30, 2013, 20:06:19 | #15

Quote (S48GSII @ 28 October 2013 17:20) *
Farm all mats for 2 days, 4-5 hours per day,lvl 100 chars.
Did it twice and did not think it too much.

Ah yes,I forgot-you are lazy player who log in wakfu stay 10 hours on 5th and logout.
Yes you too lazy for it.
Because everyone has time to be on Wakfu for 4-5 hours a day.  

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté October 30, 2013, 22:45:30 | #16

Quote (Bulbasheep @ 30 October 2013 20:06) *

Quote (S48GSII @ 28 October 2013 17:20) *
Farm all mats for 2 days, 4-5 hours per day,lvl 100 chars.
Did it twice and did not think it too much.

Ah yes,I forgot-you are lazy player who log in wakfu stay 10 hours on 5th and logout.
Yes you too lazy for it.
Because everyone has time to be on Wakfu for 4-5 hours a day.
Hard to not agree with that. After job, sleep, eating, shopping, washing, 4-5 h/day is all the free time I have. I'm not going to spend it all on playing Wakfu. Especially on doing something, I don't even enjoy (grinding hundreds of mats from weak mobs).
We aren't talking about getting some epic items, but respec. Something, that should be achievable for all kinds of players, casual or hardcore ones.

I liked the 1 respec/month idea more.

This post has been edited by krowakot - October 30, 2013, 22:45:59.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-09
posté November 01, 2013, 16:14:20 | #17
Again with the "must have an enu" thing...
No real need for that. All you need is to have Prospecting.

Farming respec mats can be a bit of a pain, specially when you are eager to respec fast because you broke your toon somehow. And this is coming from someone that got more then 12 master craft seals.
Just because we suffer a lot more doing something else, doesn't mean this one thing is ok.

Anyways, Sting, spending so much time for a set of respec mats is unusual.

Even though I do have a very good enu, I farm respec mats with my cra or xelor instead (or one of them with high init and my enu when I can dual box). The reason is that big AoEs make it a lot faster. As long, ofc, as you are equipping as much prospecting as you can.

Another possibility is buying or trading for the respec mats. With the right incentive, you can have people farming stuff for you so fast! In fact, Ankama's reason for such an annoying quest was to include low lvl people in the end lvl merchant transactions. Basically the goal was for us to find noobs and say: I'll pay you 50 times more kamas then you ever had for you to get me 200 chaffer bones and 200 fins, ok? thanks!

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté November 02, 2013, 01:48:52 | #18

Quote (JerryDB @ 28 October 2013 17:38) *

When ever Ankama makes a change that does not benefit players, they never take the most logical step first.

They make sure we squirm in anger for a few months first.

Ankama's pretty baby will remain malnutrition-ed until they reevaluate their narcissistic lead designers such as mentioned above.

I would suggest that Ankama supplies NPD coaches to deal with their staff.

This can clearly be seen in bugs too; not just quests and class revamps.
Bugs that do benefit players are patched right away.
meanwhile
Bugs that do not benefit players will often lead to UB closure, "exploit" sanctions, and quick patches. [Yeah ankama has the staff power for that right ^_~]

"OH I did not intend for this" Clearly a Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - November 02, 2013, 02:14:36.