Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

Happy Al Howin.. or not?, Frustrating, Uninformative and Buggy
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté November 02, 2013, 13:12:54 | #1
Happy Al Howin.. or not? Al Howin is my most favored holiday in Dofus in Wakfu, yet i find that this year its even more frustrating than it was last year... (sadly).

I understand that there is a separate quest line opening on the 7th of this month, which is fair enough yet i feel there has been quite a bit of confusion as to how things work this Al Howin on Wakfu. The gobbal spawn is slow and there are not enough for the player base in my opinion, you run around longer to look for the things than you actually take to kill them which spoils the fun, there has been stated in some other threads that if you kill a certain amount of gobbals that (like last year) you can unlock things and even complete part of the achievement. Which then leads me to the question of how we are suppose to keep count of how many we kill(ed) if it is indeed so? I feel in that sense, it was better organized last year. Sure there were bugs yet i feel Ankama addressed it fairly quickly, this year however there are players that are still unable to complete the witch hunt quest due to some bug (apparently). Shouldn't Ankama at the very least let us know that we have been heard and they are planning to help or fix things, no one expects of them to drop everything and focus only on this bug that only some players are having yet its sad to me that no one has really answered on this topic other than a mod i think.

As for the two quest lines that will be opening on the 7th of this month, i feel there should have been given more clarity about that.. it's very vague to just say that two quest lines will then be available.. confirm with us which ones and also which quests we can (or need to) complete before then so we do not lose our chance in gaining the really nice prizes one can get for completing them. I mean I really do want to try and complete both because i think the prizes are quite adorable yet there is a lack in information as i said.

It would be nice if they could update that for us so we can still complete everything because imagine the frustration in those that have been waiting on this event for the whole year, who would truly like to have fun and just enjoy the holiday in game as well.

So, it comes down to these questions - Troyle or anyone who's able to fix or help us on these things:
1. Is The unhuntable monster hunter and Howin Heaven's name...? the two quest lines that will be available from the 7th?
2. Will we actually have more information on what to do to complete those Achievements?
3. Will you try and fix the Witch Hunt (dungeon) - Diabolic Al Howin bug? and will we still be able to complete the other two achievements by still having that available until the 19th.
4. Would it be possible to add a counter so its easier to see how many Al Howin gobbals you have killed?

[End note: it would be really epic and awesome if Ankama could somehow manage to add a Achievement and Quest book into the Encyclopedia, we would have an easier way to fall back on those sorts of things and could easily link/post questions on certain things which would make everything easier to address and resolve in my opinion. Even if its just players commenting to help one another.] 

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - November 02, 2013, 13:19:37.
Reason for edit : Blah. -.-
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté November 02, 2013, 13:33:47 | #2
Honestly the events worse condition (aside from remington players being unable to complete their first quest) is that Al Howin Gobballs are now challenge creatures....

Whoever the genius was on the team who brainstormed that "amazing" idea should be given a firm smack to the back of their head...and then a wag of the finger to the rest of the devs for even giving his plan a thumbs up ( checks and balances folks....the whole team thought it was a good idea).

Last year did so well because there was plenty of goballs to kill...in asurb, nations gobball areas and wild areas.

I dare say that the chances of any new player getting the 666 gobball kill quest is rather a hopeful achievement. Some one somewhere isn't going to be able to complete these quests with how pitiful the numbers are for these challenge gobballs and how pressing it is for some to have their alts achieve this quest as well...it's now a slight competition and it's not in anyway a healthy one...

The fact that there aren't any al howin gobballs in the nations mean that subscribed players will be influencing new players experience in the event. Either everyone is going to group up with anyone to try and help one another or everyone is going to be running around haphazardly...

Hopefully during the 7th our dear dev's will actually put some thought into putting real al howin gobballs into the game and not these scarce survivors of last years genocide.

This post has been edited by Christian-CAO - November 02, 2013, 13:49:53.
Reason for edit : wouldn't you like to know?
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté November 02, 2013, 14:45:15 | #3
The thing that annoyed me with this event is how confused everything was. It would have better if they had released all the content simultaneously so you wouldn't have to wonder "If this doable or do I have to wait till the 7th?" every time. They must have tried to get it for the 31st but failed and were late in true ankama style

If you're having trouble with the gobbals imagine how it is on the french servers. Me and some others posted on some topics on the french forums the ccms read saying they should add more gobbals, but nobody has answered so far. You literally have to log in between 2 AM and 9 AM to hope to get the jack costume. Didn't stop me from getting it on 4 characters, though.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-12-02
posté November 02, 2013, 15:01:15 | #4

Quote (Christian-CAO @ 02 November 2013 13:33) *
Honestly the events worse condition (aside from remington players being unable to complete their first quest) is that Al Howin Gobballs are now challenge creatures....

Whoever the genius was on the team who brainstormed that "amazing" idea should be given a firm smack to the back of their head...and then a wag of the finger to the rest of the devs for even giving his plan a thumbs up ( checks and balances folks....the whole team thought it was a good idea).

Last year did so well because there was plenty of goballs to kill...in asurb, nations gobball areas and wild areas.

I dare say that the chances of any new player getting the 666 gobball kill quest is rather a hopeful achievement. Some one somewhere isn't going to be able to complete these quests with how pitiful the numbers are for these challenge gobballs and how pressing it is for some to have their alts achieve this quest as well...it's now a slight competition and it's not in anyway a healthy one...

The fact that there aren't any al howin gobballs in the nations mean that subscribed players will be influencing new players experience in the event. Either everyone is going to group up with anyone to try and help one another or everyone is going to be running around haphazardly...

Hopefully during the 7th our dear dev's will actually put some thought into putting real al howin gobballs into the game and not these scarce survivors of last years genocide.
Indeed, what they should have done is keep the quest al howin gobs for Astrub, and keep last year's locations of packs of al howin gobs in the wilds etc. to coerce new players to sub for the larger access of al howin gobs in the nations. I too hope they fix this for the second questline. I managed to do the first quest and get the witch costume for all my alts that didn't last year, thank goodness.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté November 02, 2013, 18:11:05 | #5
This is kind of a moot point, but I wondered all October when the event would start. It doesn't make much sense that the Halloween event is all November rather than October. Halloween is over.

I agree about the counter and I agree about the lack of clarity. It seems that on the 7th the gobbals will be replaced by ghouls, so if you don't complete the gobs by then, it's over? Has anyone confirmed the 666 gives something this year? So much unknown. Is that meant to be the fun of it? Just seems rather frustrating.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-04-06
posté November 02, 2013, 18:33:14 | #6
So is this kill 666 gobball thing on or not? Does an achieve come up when you get 66?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté November 02, 2013, 18:35:28 | #7
An achievement does come up when you kill 66 and you get a cauldron for your haven bag

The thing thats bugging me the most is last year the quests were all there for you to look at what you had to do but this year they are not there so I can't keep track of how many gobbals ive killed nor did I even know until today that one of the quests for the monster hunter costume was in fact the kill 666 gobbals one

you wouldnt know that unless you did it last year and remembered. How is that fair to us ankama? Why is this event so fucked up and all over the place?

Why are you guys not coming in and giving us a "hey we know its a mess were gonna make it up to you guys" why are you hiding instead of fixing the problem

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - November 02, 2013, 18:35:43.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté November 02, 2013, 18:41:06 | #8
@ Mini: So 666 gobbs is part of the quest? Thank you.

And mods did respond on another thread, here.
*(Last post on first page and another on second)

This post has been edited by cbunny - August 15, 2014, 08:21:34.
posté November 02, 2013, 19:07:31 | #9
eval howin is kill 66 al howin gobbals
deval howin is kill 666 al howin gobbals

though a friend just informed me that the quest is broke and it will activate duck duck ghouls instead

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-11
posté November 02, 2013, 19:23:12 | #10
They said there would be 6 titles...

Do we have a list?

I have Summoner Of Evils, and I'm assuming The Wicked will make its return, but... no luck so far.

posté November 02, 2013, 19:32:25 | #11
Looks like they accidentally messed up the names of the achievement on the english version. Devil halouine should be deval howin but it's duck duck ghouls instead. Technically it should still give the reward though. The wicked is a reward for the 666 gobs, I killed the 666 and did get the jack costume, title and it ticked off devil halouine.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-01-12
posté November 02, 2013, 19:39:51 | #12
you've already killed 666 gobballs in such a short amount of time? Nice job considering the limitations. SO for those who have already done this last year, I suppose we have to do it again?

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté November 02, 2013, 19:47:15 | #13

Quote (HateSpawn @ 02 November 2013 19:23) *
They said there would be 6 titles...

Do we have a list?

I have Summoner Of Evils, and I'm assuming The Wicked will make its return, but... no luck so far.
According to Wakfu-elements, the lastest patch added "Prince of Al Howin", "More Inhuman than Inhuman", "Headhunter" (clearly linked to the "Headhunter" achievement) and "Don Kee Ho Dee" titles. Together with Summoner of Evils and The Wicked, it's 6.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-06-13
posté November 02, 2013, 19:47:33 | #14
Where does it say you have to kill 666 Gobballs? As opposed to simply killing 666 Al Howin creatures (that will be released on the 7th). The quests for the Ghoul mobs seem to involve a lot of farming too. It wouldn't surprise me too if the quests were:
Kill 66 Gobballs.
Farm all them mats from Ghouls.
Kill 666 Al Howin creatures

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

posté November 02, 2013, 19:48:21 | #15

Quote (Katsura @ 02 November 2013 19:47) *
Where does it say you have to kill 666 Gobballs? As opposed to simply killing 666 Al Howin creatures (that will be released on the 7th). The quests for the Ghoul mobs seem to involve a lot of farming too. It wouldn't surprise me too if the quests were:
Kill 66 Gobballs.
Farm all them mats from Ghouls.
Kill 666 Al Howin creatures

Can anyone enlighten me on this?
Were going off of the fact that this is what last years quest was and people have completed it with gobbals.

posté November 02, 2013, 19:52:54 | #16
So what do I have to punch for "The Wicked" exactly? I'm hearing 666 gobs doesnt count

posté November 02, 2013, 19:56:46 | #17
It's easy if you kill them in the middle of the night, took me about 4 hours I think. If you try to do it in the middle of the day there's too many people it would take forever.

posté November 02, 2013, 19:59:14 | #18

Quote (Noobility @ 02 November 2013 19:56) *
It's easy if you kill them in the middle of the night, took me about 4 hours I think. If you try to do it in the middle of the day there's too many people it would take forever.
So I kill 666 pumpkins for it yes?

posté November 02, 2013, 20:00:27 | #19

Quote (HateSpawn @ 02 November 2013 19:59) *

Quote (Noobility @ 02 November 2013 19:56) *
So I kill 666 pumpkins for it yes?
Yep you kill 666 of the al howin gobbals. The ones in the dungeon don't work though.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-05-01
posté November 02, 2013, 21:26:24 | #20
It's amazing how often, from our point of view, Ankama seems to hide from giving us a clear, constructive answer in a reasonable, same-day/next day timeframe, nearly every time we bring up concerns like this.

I feel really bad for Sabi and Troyle, because from what I've seen, they do relay our observations and concerns quickly, but then they never hear back in time for it to be useful, and when they do, it's just useless piles of mushy half-information.

Clear, quick fixes, or failing that, advice to get around the glitches are what we need. (especially on suddenly patially-completed quests on characters from last year!)

A detailed response is eagerly awaited by essentially every community ingame. I wonder if we will see it in time for it to actually make a difference?

And yes the challenge mob only availability of Gobbals was an odious decision on so many levels. Limiting the mobs to 1-2 only further compounds the problem, and making so few spawns just puts the cherry on top of the whole mess for me. No chance of getting this on all my alts this year, as I had been hoping.

And thanks for making me feel guilty for taking so many mobs in the hope of even one complete questline, do you realize a lot of folks doing this are low level, new and/or f2p players, and it sends a very brutal signal that people don't give a shit for lower level folks to have a chance to complete what should be a fun holiday series of quests?