Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

Happy Al Howin.. or not?, Frustrating, Uninformative and Buggy
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2013-03-30
posté November 02, 2013, 21:54:27 | #21

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 02 November 2013 21:26) *
It's amazing how often, from our point of view, Ankama seems to hide from giving us a clear, constructive answer in a reasonable, same-day/next day timeframe, nearly every time we bring up concerns like this.

I feel really bad for Sabi and Troyle, because from what I've seen, they do relay our observations and concerns quickly, but then they never hear back in time for it to be useful, and when they do, it's just useless piles of mushy half-information.

Clear, quick fixes, or failing that, advice to get around the glitches are what we need. (especially on suddenly patially-completed quests on characters from last year!)

A detailed response is eagerly awaited by essentially every community ingame. I wonder if we will see it in time for it to actually make a difference?

And yes the challenge mob only availability of Gobbals was an odious decision on so many levels. Limiting the mobs to 1-2 only further compounds the problem, and making so few spawns just puts the cherry on top of the whole mess for me. No chance of getting this on all my alts this year, as I had been hoping.

And thanks for making me feel guilty for taking so many mobs in the hope of even one complete questline, do you realize a lot of folks doing this are low level, new and/or f2p players, and it sends a very brutal signal that people don't give a shit for lower level folks to have a chance to complete what should be a fun holiday series of quests?

Honestly, wakfu is a "grind centric" game, that's been poorly coded.
**Can you really expect a level of quality that even a F2P game has, when playing Wakfu?

IE: How long did it take them to "fix" the numeric buff of the bum sac?.. let alone actual bugs that've been around since closed beta.

Think about it...

Spoiler: (highlight to show)

The Halloween event was pushed back to the 7th.. so to make sure people stick around and stay "entertained". The devs leave the event dungeon/achievement bugged and make sure that people can't adequately farm future quests. (gobs).

Even if this wasn't done on purpose.. that would only compound the level of distrust in Ankama to actually run a quality SUBSCRIPTION game.

Personally, I'd recommend to play other MMO's and only visit Wakfu occasionally (durring/after updates for a few days).

IE: GW2 ran Halloween events all throughout the month of October:
Click here

**Would be a good game to pick up, since it's Buy2Play. (no sub).

Other than that, perhaps try the upcoming Wildstar!

They've even got an evolution of the Haven bags:
Click here

Anywho, just keep in mind what type of company Ankama are and how they treat their "customers".

tl; dr
Might wanna lower your expectations of Ankama and Wakfu.. otherwise you'll only set yourself up for disappointment.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté November 02, 2013, 22:09:39 | #22
I am vey disappointed how the devs handled the event so far. The amount of bugs is unacceptable!

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-21
posté November 02, 2013, 22:13:02 | #23
I think its bad how if you did certain quests last year you can't get them this year. Yet you need them to get the achievements this year. So lets just screw everyone who did it last year out of a title, alm tokens and decorations that are new this year.

This post has been edited by [MOD]Gataki - November 05, 2013, 06:50:11.
Reason for edit : Removed profanity.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-06-06
posté November 02, 2013, 22:18:07 | #24
As I've mentioned before in another post, I specifically subbed this month to get this Witch costume an do the halloween events (because I stopped subscribing around this time last year) and to have this happen is just a kick in the teeth.
I could have spent that five pounds on something else, something more substantial - trust me, I'm not subscribing again in a VERY long time until Ankama sorts themselves out.

This post has been edited by Cairen - November 02, 2013, 22:18:40.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté November 02, 2013, 22:19:56 | #25
If they made it impossible for those who have completed an achievement (any achievement, not just event ones) to get the new reward from it because it cannot be done again once its completed, then they should refund anyone with completed achievements with items/titles/costumes that were put as new reward after certain patch via the gift interface. We already know they can send insignias and titles this way (scrolls with titles). So technically its possible. However it only matters if they care about their customers or not. Afterall the difficulty of the achievement hasn't changed.

Peace.

This post has been edited by Kikuihimonji - November 02, 2013, 22:30:03.
Reason for edit : typo
posté November 02, 2013, 22:28:22 | #26

Quote (Cairen @ 02 November 2013 22:18) *
As I've mentioned before in another post, I specifically subbed this month to get this Witch costume an do the halloween events (because I stopped subscribing around this time last year) and to have this happen is just a kick in the teeth.
I could have spent that five pounds on something else, something more substantial - trust me, I'm not subscribing again in a VERY long time until Ankama sorts themselves out.

Perhaps the free press that Penny Arcade are giving Wakfu will help sway the devs to work a bit harder?

IE: Click here

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-06-06
posté November 02, 2013, 22:31:30 | #27

Quote (ShadowFacts @ 02 November 2013 22:28) *

Perhaps the free press that Penny Arcade are giving Wakfu will help sway the devs to work a bit harder?

ahah oh wow
at least my partner goes to bed with a level 72 baker B]
too lazy and cba for 100 grind 

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté November 02, 2013, 22:45:18 | #28

Quote (ShadowFacts @ 02 November 2013 21:54) *

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 02 November 2013 21:26) *
It's amazing how often, from our point of view, Ankama seems to hide from giving us a clear, constructive answer in a reasonable, same-day/next day timeframe, nearly every time we bring up concerns like this.

I feel really bad for Sabi and Troyle, because from what I've seen, they do relay our observations and concerns quickly, but then they never hear back in time for it to be useful, and when they do, it's just useless piles of mushy half-information.

Clear, quick fixes, or failing that, advice to get around the glitches are what we need. (especially on suddenly patially-completed quests on characters from last year!)

A detailed response is eagerly awaited by essentially every community ingame. I wonder if we will see it in time for it to actually make a difference?

And yes the challenge mob only availability of Gobbals was an odious decision on so many levels. Limiting the mobs to 1-2 only further compounds the problem, and making so few spawns just puts the cherry on top of the whole mess for me. No chance of getting this on all my alts this year, as I had been hoping.

And thanks for making me feel guilty for taking so many mobs in the hope of even one complete questline, do you realize a lot of folks doing this are low level, new and/or f2p players, and it sends a very brutal signal that people don't give a shit for lower level folks to have a chance to complete what should be a fun holiday series of quests?

Honestly, wakfu is a "grind centric" game, that's been poorly coded.
**Can you really expect a level of quality that even a F2P game has, when playing Wakfu?

IE: How long did it take them to "fix" the numeric buff of the bum sac?.. let alone actual bugs that've been around since closed beta.

Think about it...

Spoiler: (highlight to show)

The Halloween event was pushed back to the 7th.. so to make sure people stick around and stay "entertained". The devs leave the event dungeon/achievement bugged and make sure that people can't adequately farm future quests. (gobs).

Even if this wasn't done on purpose.. that would only compound the level of distrust in Ankama to actually run a quality SUBSCRIPTION game.

Personally, I'd recommend to play other MMO's and only visit Wakfu occasionally (durring/after updates for a few days).

IE: GW2 ran Halloween events all throughout the month of October:
Click here

**Would be a good game to pick up, since it's Buy2Play. (no sub).

Other than that, perhaps try the upcoming Wildstar!

They've even got an evolution of the Haven bags:
Click here

Anywho, just keep in mind what type of company Ankama are and how they treat their "customers".

tl; dr
Might wanna lower your expectations of Ankama and Wakfu.. otherwise you'll only set yourself up for disappointment.

I was hearing great things about Wakfu :/
It is just really disheartening, but there is nothing we can do but whine and complain or find another, better, game.

This post has been edited by cbunny - August 15, 2014, 08:22:49.
Reason for edit : Post edited to remove request for solicitation of other sites or services.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-27
posté November 02, 2013, 23:03:16 | #29

Quote (ShadowFacts @ 02 November 2013 22:28) *

Suddenly that Seal of Companionship brings a whole new meaning to the table.

posté November 02, 2013, 23:15:14 | #30
It's sad that Penny Arcade is advertising Wakfu to NA more than Ankama is. But people who end up playing because of it are going to be just as frustrated as we are now. If Ankama wants to expand to more regions, they need to improve on these issues by a LOT or they're going to get a bad rep and screw themselves over. This is not acceptable for gaming industry standards.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-11-20
posté November 02, 2013, 23:44:40 | #31
I wonder if having Penny Arcade on their asses will help them do a better job with Halloween, Kwismas, and the game in general?

I sure freaking hope so!

It's very funny- Ankama is always so reluctant to publish in English. They even had a kickstarter to translate the Krosmaster boardgame into English and release it in the Americas. Yet it got funded immediately, and it's been so popular. Krosmaster Arena, what Penny Arcade called "a game game game" was what drew them into checking out Dofus, Wakfu, and apparently even Gobbowl.

I bet there's a real surge in interest on it's way. I hope Ankama steps up their game about 400% to meet it with a semblance of grace and professionalism.

It would be splendid to see this attention turned towards good developments for us all.

posté November 02, 2013, 23:56:57 | #32
I think they've been avoiding it because they know they won't be able to meet our expectations. And they're pretty reasonable expectations. We want things to function and not be a frustrating mess!

posté November 03, 2013, 00:03:50 | #33

Quote (Asthis @ 02 November 2013 23:56) *
I think they've been avoiding it because they know they won't be able to meet our expectations. And they're pretty reasonable expectations. We want things to function and not be a frustrating mess!

QFT!
**This is actually the reason I don't think Wakfu could survive going F2P.
(The serge in players/bots/alt accounts + lax attitude of Ankama).

The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté November 03, 2013, 01:24:27 | #34
God, the mess of information everywhere.

I know there are ways to fix this stuff but someone needs to compile it all together.

posté November 03, 2013, 02:00:50 | #35
I wish they'd employ bug fixers and community managers over the weekends, when most people are on anyway, so we don't have to wait till Monday or Tuesday to see if they're going to respond and fix stuff...

posté November 03, 2013, 02:09:08 | #36
Legally they can't work on weekends in France, so that's out of the question. Hiring bug fixers would help immensely but they can barely hire enough devs to work in this game in the first place. They have a barebones team working on it. Frankly they're already spreading themselves thin by trying to expand to other regions without first expanding their current team.

posté November 03, 2013, 02:11:46 | #37

Quote (Asthis @ 03 November 2013 02:09) *
Legally they can't work on weekends in France, so that's out of the question. Hiring bug fixers would help immensely but they can barely hire enough devs to work in this game in the first place. They have a barebones team working on it. Frankly they're already spreading themselves thin by trying to expand to other regions without first expanding their current team.
I'd be really shocked if every place in France closes Friday evening, and only reopens on Monday.

I have serious doubts.

I bet they could schedule it so everyone works one weekend a month, and has other days off that week.

It's not that difficult.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté November 03, 2013, 04:07:37 | #38

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 03 November 2013 02:11) *

It's not that difficult.
Everything is difficult with Ankama.

I always try to be more positive and give people the benefit of the doubt but this stuff is a bit ridiculous.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté November 03, 2013, 04:15:19 | #39

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 03 November 2013 02:11) *

I'd be really shocked if every place in France closes Friday evening, and only reopens on Monday.

I have serious doubts.

I bet they could schedule it so everyone works one weekend a month, and has other days off that week.

It's not that difficult.
you literally have no idea what you're talking about

posté November 03, 2013, 04:18:25 | #40
I used to be hopeful and optimistic, but seeing that they have made no improvements on how they are handling content this year, I no longer have patience.