Back to forum.wakfu.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

General lore thread
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-10-30
posté November 18, 2013, 23:48:56 | #1
General lore thread One thing this board is missing is a central lore thread - all we got were a few topics about backstories of certain bosses. However, I'm fairly certain that many people here want to discuss other details of the history of the World of 12, so why not start a thread for that? After all, Wakfu storyline is amazing and full of complex characters and unique concepts. It will also allow us to easily organise before any potential lore streams in the future. Without futher ado, let's begin the discussion with some problems that showed up recently, but obviously these are not the only lore-related topics we can discuss:
Update: the first post will be updated with your questions, so that it will be easier for RyF to view them!
1. Why it was suggested that it's possible to break into Alcatrool from down below and how is it related to the fact that Merkator, who is supposedly responsible for the creation of the Wakfu Foggers, resides in the basement of the prison?
2. What happened to Klime the Shoemaker?
3. What's the exact deal with Harebourg and Dragon Pig?
4. We'll learn more about Harebourg's plan and details of ascensions to godhood at the same time - does it mean that this is Harebourg's ultimate goal?
5. Why is Wild Estate so heavily influenced by Excarnam?
6. Where does the Bworde reside, since the Bworks we've seen are just a scouting party?
7. Why gods are stated to be mortal, but some of the demigods can be immortal?
8. What's the exact nature of the Riktus bandits? How to become a member of the Magik Riktus clan? How did they survive the Chaos?
9. What's the exact nature of Badaboss?
10. How long typical members of all the classes live?
11. Is Sadida Kingdom an island or a part of the same island as Bonta? (question is related to the location of Sadida Kinfdom in beta)
12. Is Otomai a clasless individual?
13. Was Hecate's involvement in Ulgrude's story retconed, or did he challenge Djaul twice?
Roooound two:
14. Do Xelors always cover their faces? Is it dishonourable or blasphemy for them to show their face?
15. Would it be possible for you to give us a rough timeline for Frigost (especially of the exact chronology of the events between Dofus and Wakfu)?
16, Were you involved at all with the lore/storyline for the new OVAs?
17. There was a plenty of questions about the nature of haven bags, could you tell us anything about them?
18. Why is Captain Amakna's shield in the trophy room - was he defeated or slain in the meanwhile? Also, since it seems to be something many people were wondering about: what's the reason behind the completely different nature of this room in comparision to its Dofus counterpart, both in terms of appearence and displayed objects/beings?
19. Are we going to see Gein in Wakfu?
20. While it seems to be more of a dofus thing, could you explain the conflict between Captain Amakna and Merkator, as the associated Dofus quest doesn't really provide enough information?
21. What's the role of Ponktius in the Castuc society, why is he the dungeon boss if he's apparently not their leader?

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE KROSMOZ WIKI IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION, DON'T BASE YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ON FACTS TAKEN FROM IT.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - August 07, 2014, 06:34:09.
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté November 19, 2013, 00:28:11 | #2
Of all the questions you've asked, I only have a definitive answer to the first one.

Click here

Skip to 1:38 and check out all those drills! I wonder what lengths the Wabbits will go to to get their Cawwot Dofus back? Can you say speculation thread? 

This post has been edited by Hudski - November 19, 2013, 00:37:20.
Reason for edit : WOW I WISH THIS FORUM COULD PROCESS A LINK
posté November 19, 2013, 00:48:16 | #3

Quote (Hudski @ 19 November 2013 00:28) *
Of all the questions you've asked, I only have a definitive answer to the first one.

Click here

Skip to 1:38 and check out all those drills!
Oh, thanks, I'm trying to follow the announcements about new content in Dofus, but I've missed this one. I've jokingly assumed that Harebourg will try to recruit Merkator, but considering the fact that those drills have a high chance of still being used by the Black Wabbits, and they were indoctrinated by Hrarebourg, it suddenly seems to be very likely that the count will use them to break into Alkatrool, especially considering the fact that he might have heard about Merkator back in the Dofus era (most, if not all assets he's collecting were already present in Dofus, so for now I assume that he's after things he rembers from the times before the Jiva/Djaul accident - maybe he visited Dragon Pig in hopes of finding clues about the Torquoise Dofus, not being aware that it's in the posssession of Ogrest?).

posté November 19, 2013, 00:59:16 | #4
Harebourg is making quite a nice villain team for himself by adding Dragon Pig and Merkator to his ranks, which already included Sylargh.

I'm thinking that he's trying to reconstruct his team, but it could go a completely different direction. They want to use this Villains/Vigilantes theme and I'm guessing this is where it comes to a head, especially since the next patch says it's going to expand his story arc further.

I'm tempted to hop on Dofus for a week or so and finish up with Frigost 3 to grab up as many loose ends as I can. That might be able to answer what happened to Klime. Unfortunately, uh, Dofus isn't any better than Wakfu is, so it'll be a LOT of work trying to beat Klime. Even with my endgame team where I left it.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-10-06
posté November 19, 2013, 04:13:59 | #5

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 18 November 2013 23:48) *

5. Why is Wild Estate so heavily influenced by Excarnam?

Did you forget that excarnus was a thing or???

When they revamped the island my assumption was they wanted to tie up the loose ends involving excarnus and how he literally just appeared out of no where with not much back story nor did it make sense that he was on wild estate before other then him being a recolor of the gobbsage world boss

tl;dr Wild estate is heavily influenced by excarnam because it makes excarnus make more sense

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté November 19, 2013, 08:02:38 | #6
Does anyone find it odd that the 12 gods are mortal and yet some of their descendants are immortal?

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-11-07
posté November 19, 2013, 10:24:03 | #7

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 18 November 2013 23:48) *
4. We'll learn more about Harebourg's plan and details of ascensions to godhood at the same time - does it mean that this is Harebourg's ultimate goal?
Ooh, where did we learn that? That sounds interesting! I've read on the French site that next (French) mag will contain more on the Count's plans, so I'm really curious...

by the way, I've been thinking about the hoodlums too. Their quest for Zinit (and the defeat of Ogrest?) might also be an attempt to reach godhood.

Quote (Asthis @ 19 November 2013 08:02) *
Does anyone find it odd that the 12 gods are mortal and yet some of their descendants are immortal?
Which of the descendants are immortal? As far as I remember, none of them were named immortal, only very, very hard to kill...

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté November 19, 2013, 10:45:15 | #8
RyF mentioned some of the demi-gods were immortal, and there's apparently quite a lot of demi-gods.

Game Designer * Member Since 2011-05-27
posté November 19, 2013, 15:56:23 | #9
Hi everybody!
It's nice to see people interested in the development of Wakfu's background, story and lore.
Please, keep posting questions, and when I get some time (or when I'm sure I can answer some of theses questions without spoiling to much future content), I'll give you answers ;-)

My advice: keep the first post updated/edited, adding in newer questions from anyone in this thread (numbered as they are right now - easier to answer), with links to the eventual answsers given by me or anyone with the knowledge. This will ensure that both us (the team) and you (the visitors/players/fans) can follow up on what's happening and what has changed (with "new" tags or "updated" ;-) )

I leave it up to Major-Caligari =^__^=

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-06-13
posté November 19, 2013, 16:01:38 | #10
I have watched the series and also the dofus cartoon, also read some comics

As far as I know, Goultard is the new Iop god. Who else became new gods?

posté November 19, 2013, 16:08:22 | #11

Quote (AoKishin @ 19 November 2013 16:01) *
I have watched the series and also the dofus cartoon, also read some comics

As far as I know, Goultard is the new Iop god. Who else became new gods?
No one, at the moment. There are unclear signs that someone will become a god next year. I have a detailed theory that it will be Harebourg, but it's just speculation.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-18
posté November 19, 2013, 16:15:14 | #12
Frankly, I'd love to know a little more about the Magik Riktus clan. Origins, how they survived Ogrest's Chaos, what Baddoboss actually is (seriously, he can split into 3 people when his health is low enough), anything. And maybe how recruitment works.

This post has been edited by KiwiTang - November 19, 2013, 16:18:10.
Reason for edit : Additional information
Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-11-07
posté November 19, 2013, 16:20:36 | #13

I remember from the live stream that the gods weren't mortal but just spread thin over their followers... Or did I get this wrong?

And I'm still not sure how this rhymes with the Incarnates in Incarnam though...

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-01-18
posté November 19, 2013, 19:15:43 | #14

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 19 November 2013 16:20) *

I remember from the live stream that the gods weren't mortal but just spread thin over their followers... Or did I get this wrong?

And I'm still not sure how this rhymes with the Incarnates in Incarnam though...
If it helps any, I recall RyF saying that every follower was a part of their god. And the more followers a god has, the more powerful they become.

On another note, I've always wondered how long your average Xelor can live - I'm not talking about using Harebourg or Nox as examples, since I feel they're special cases. I'm talking about regular Xelors that didn't get involved in some crazy stuff that stretched out their lifespan.

(In fact, not just Xelors, but what is the average lifespan of each of the classes?)

This post has been edited by KiwiTang - November 19, 2013, 19:17:19.
Reason for edit : added another tiny bit
posté November 19, 2013, 21:01:06 | #15

Quote (RyF @ 19 November 2013 15:56) *
Hi everybody!
It's nice to see people interested in the development of Wakfu's background, story and lore.
Please, keep posting questions, and when I get some time (or when I'm sure I can answer some of theses questions without spoiling to much future content), I'll give you answers ;-)

My advice: keep the first post updated/edited, adding in newer questions from anyone in this thread (numbered as they are right now - easier to answer), with links to the eventual answsers given by me or anyone with the knowledge. This will ensure that both us (the team) and you (the visitors/players/fans) can follow up on what's happening and what has changed (with "new" tags or "updated" ;-) )

I leave it up to Major-Caligari =^__^=
I never though that we'll get a response from the officials here... We're really thankful for your feedback, it would be really nice to get some answers when the topic mentioned doesn't collide with something that will be revealed in the future. Anyway, I'll try to rise up to the challenge and update the first post as often as possible. Can I ask for a little favor, though? I think that this thread would benefit from being pinned - thanks to that, you wouldn't have to browse multiple topics on this board to see if you can answer any of our questions. I hope I'm not asking for too much.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2010-12-18
posté November 19, 2013, 21:13:00 | #16
In wakfu sadida kingdom is part of bonta..

How could they move Sadida Kingdom to attach to bonta in the future (since the wakfu cartoon is in the future)

Or is it that the devs needed to have islands and ruined the wakfu lore just to make it an island?

posté November 19, 2013, 21:15:29 | #17

Quote (Neneko88 @ 19 November 2013 21:13) *
In wakfu sadida kingdom is part of bonta..

How could they move Sadida Kingdom to attach to bonta in the future (since the wakfu cartoon is in the future)

Or is it that the devs needed to have islands and ruined the wakfu lore just to make it an island?
I believe it's meant to be near Bonta, not a part of Bonta - preasumbly a boat would be required to get there. It's alredy close to Bonta on the in-game map.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-03-17
posté November 19, 2013, 21:48:03 | #18
Most of these things I can't answer, however, as far as I know a Xelor will live as long as his will allows him to. As they become ancient, their body turns into sand, and they're kept alive by their willpower. If that willpower of theirs is somehow messed with or runs out, they'll fall apart and the sand of their bodies will go to Xelor's sandglass.

posté November 19, 2013, 21:51:19 | #19

Quote (KiwiTang @ 19 November 2013 19:15) *
On another note, I've always wondered how long your average Xelor can live - I'm not talking about using Harebourg or Nox as examples, since I feel they're special cases. I'm talking about regular Xelors that didn't get involved in some crazy stuff that stretched out their lifespan.

(In fact, not just Xelors, but what is the average lifespan of each of the classes?)

It was stated originally in Dofus that Xelors naturally live 'til they're about 120-130 years old. Since the other classes weren't stated as special, it's probably average human lifespan.

I won't object to the idea that Iops make a habit of dying young.  

This post has been edited by Hudski - November 19, 2013, 22:01:22.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-07
posté November 19, 2013, 21:55:48 | #20
Well, enu's are supposed to have abnormally long lives.