Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

General lore thread
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2011-11-28
posté January 29, 2014, 17:19:05 | #221

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 29 January 2014 07:29) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 28 January 2014 14:28) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 22 January 2014 19:25) *
From what I know, there is very little about Otomai in Wakfu beyond him creating Ogrest and having a cult following, and nothing about his island. I think most of us hope Otomai Island is implemented this year to shed light on the subjects.

Does anyone still has the books describing the different cults in the World of Twelve (Ogrest's Cult, Sisters of Dathura,...)? They've become all but extinct and I would love to add their lore to the Wakfu Wiki.
I went to check them on my nox account but since its not subbed I can't look at my bookcases... kinda bullshit but okay

If anyone wants to screenshot them for science I can open my haven bag on nox for you guys to check i'm fairly positive I have them like 90% certain
Can some Noxian please go and take pictures of them? Or is there any possibility for a non-US resident to join the Nox server??

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2013-06-28
posté January 30, 2014, 19:53:55 | #222

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 29 January 2014 17:19) *

From what I know, there is very little about Otomai in Wakfu beyond him creating Ogrest and having a cult following, and nothing about his island. I think most of us hope Otomai Island is implemented this year to shed light on the subjects.

Does anyone still has the books describing the different cults in the World of Twelve (Ogrest's Cult, Sisters of Dathura,...)? They've become all but extinct and I would love to add their lore to the Wakfu Wiki.
I went to check them on my nox account but since its not subbed I can't look at my bookcases... kinda bullshit but okay

If anyone wants to screenshot them for science I can open my haven bag on nox for you guys to check i'm fairly positive I have them like 90% certain
Can some Noxian please go and take pictures of them? Or is there any possibility for a non-US resident to join the Nox server??
I've posted screenshots on my blog, enjoy.

This post has been edited by Major-Caligari - February 01, 2014, 02:27:41.
posté January 31, 2014, 09:43:18 | #223

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 30 January 2014 19:53) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 29 January 2014 17:19) *

I've posted screenshots on my blog, enjoy.

Oh, you're a doll! Thanks a bunch! And the reason we want to see them is because we can't get them in the game anymore and should we want to make a complete book list in the Wiki, it would lack those books... and that would be so sad.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-10-31
posté January 31, 2014, 14:08:06 | #224
Here's an important question: As the ultimate badguy in the game, why Ogrest hasn't come down from Mount Zinit? I mean, nothing is stopping him.

-Rizarealm

posté January 31, 2014, 15:25:47 | #225

Quote (SeriousBelly @ 31 January 2014 14:08) *
Here's an important question: As the ultimate badguy in the game, why Ogrest hasn't come down from Mount Zinit? I mean, nothing is stopping him.

-Rizarealm

Because as far as we know, he's not actually a bad guy, just a big guy with a broken heart, still sobbing up there after all this time...

posté February 01, 2014, 01:54:06 | #226
Is anyone else disappointed that the access to the Shukrute, realm of the Shushus is manifested by a 'simple' Zaap?

In the cartoon tt costed Qilby a serious amount of strength to open a portal to that realm and it was shown that all Eliatrope portals work both ways, so what is stopping the Shushus from invading the World of Twelve yet again?

I had hoped for something a bit more creative... Or am I missing something and is there a way to explain it all with the current lore?

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-11-06
posté February 01, 2014, 17:51:53 | #227

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 01 February 2014 01:54) *
Is anyone else disappointed that the access to the Shukrute, realm of the Shushus is manifested by a 'simple' Zaap?

In the cartoon tt costed Qilby a serious amount of strength to open a portal to that realm and it was shown that all Eliatrope portals work both ways, so what is stopping the Shushus from invading the World of Twelve yet again?

I had hoped for something a bit more creative... Or am I missing something and is there a way to explain it all with the current lore?
I also think so...
I don't know what is the roleplay explanation of NPCs but as you say it's really hard to make a bridge between those dimensions.
However Karibd and Silar (Dofus Manga, they're humans) made their way practicing a Book about Eliatrope portals, I would think that may be any NPC would say something related, but I'm really low-level in game.

Have any of you guys found anything?

posté February 01, 2014, 18:36:51 | #228

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 01 February 2014 17:51) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 01 February 2014 01:54) *

I also think so...
I don't know what is the roleplay explanation of NPCs but as you say it's really hard to make a bridge between those dimensions.
However Karibd and Silar (Dofus Manga, they're humans) made their way practicing a Book about Eliatrope portals, I would think that may be any NPC would say something related, but I'm really low-level in game.

I am almost sure that the portal is located near the place where Silar and Karibd build theirs, but since I don't speak French, I don't understand what the npc is saying (she's a Feca, though, just like Silar and Karibd), I can provide a screenshot later, though.

posté February 01, 2014, 23:42:35 | #229
I'm afraid she doesn't say much more than that she used ancient Eliatrope texts to recreate the portal, that the Shukrute is a scary place that no one returns completely sane and that she'll use the items you return to her to make powerful items.

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 01 February 2014 17:51) *
I also think so...

Maybe a long shot here, but since Karibd and Silar's portal triggered the invasion of Rushu, maybe they're planning another Shushu invasion in the World of Twelve? Seems rather unlikely, especially if those critters are so high lvl, but I do hope they give us a reasonable explaination why Rushu's minions don't come pooring out that portal. Maybe Shu'far is a double agent?

posté February 03, 2014, 23:13:01 | #230
Karib's and Silar's portal didn't simply trigger the invasion.

posté February 04, 2014, 10:59:00 | #231

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 03 February 2014 23:13) *

I'm sorry, I never read the comic, so I don't know the details, but wasn't it because of them violating the non-invasion treaty Rushy had with the other gods?

posté February 04, 2014, 18:14:57 | #232

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 04 February 2014 10:59) *

I'm sorry, I never read the comic, so I don't know the details, but wasn't it because of them violating the non-invasion treaty Rushy had with the other gods?
Karibd and Silar encountered a shushu called Raul when they've opened the portal, who initially wanted to kill them, but they persuaded him to bring them to his king instead. Raul was interrupted by Djaul, who understood better what sort of opportunity the two Fecas can give to the denizens of Shukrute. He kills Raul and then introduces the brothers to Rushu, which apparently allowed him to become Rushu's right hand (I'm not sure about this particular bit, though). Rushu mentions his pact with gods, but Karibd and Silar seem to imply that the pact won't be broken if they'll lead the shushu legions, or something along these lines. They spend a few years in Shukrute, prepearing the invasion, and when it begins, Rushu allows the to become shushus as well (it's one of the two cases in which it's implied that a disciple of one of the 12 can become a shushu, the second being Djaul's apprentiece, Many, who was killed before he had a chance to ascend to demonhood). The invasion ultimately fails and most of the shushu are imprisoned in different objects (there's a separate issue of the manga containing Shadofang's backstory which provides more information on the matter), while Karibd and Silar succum to eternal slumber deep underneath recently created Brakmar. Djaul stays in the material plane and somehow befriends Brumaire. Thaaaat's pretty much the entire comic.

Sadly, it's never explained why Brumaire decided to join Djaul, or why Hecate is also cosndiered on of Brakmar's founders.

posté February 05, 2014, 10:56:28 | #233

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 04 February 2014 18:14) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 04 February 2014 10:59) *

Karibd and Silar encountered a shushu called Raul when they've opened the portal, who initially wanted to kill them, but they persuaded him to bring them to his king instead. Raul was interrupted by Djaul, who understood better what sort of opportunity the two Fecas can give to the denizens of Shukrute. He kills Raul and then introduces the brothers to Rushu, which apparently allowed him to become Rushu's right hand (I'm not sure about this particular bit, though). Rushu mentions his pact with gods, but Karibd and Silar seem to imply that the pact won't be broken if they'll lead the shushu legions, or something along these lines. They spend a few years in Shukrute, prepearing the invasion, and when it begins, Rushu allows the to become shushus as well (it's one of the two cases in which it's implied that a disciple of one of the 12 can become a shushu, the second being Djaul's apprentiece, Many, who was killed before he had a chance to ascend to demonhood). The invasion ultimately fails and most of the shushu are imprisoned in different objects (there's a separate issue of the manga containing Shadofang's backstory which provides more information on the matter), while Karibd and Silar succum to eternal slumber deep underneath recently created Brakmar. Djaul stays in the material plane and somehow befriends Brumaire. Thaaaat's pretty much the entire comic.

Sadly, it's never explained why Brumaire decided to join Djaul, or why Hecate is also cosndiered on of Brakmar's founders.

Wow, thanks for explaining it all and detailing the comic! I love to learn about lore like this. So actually Rushu didn't want to break his pact? So that would be an explaination why he wouldn't use this new portal to launch a new invasion.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-11-06
posté February 05, 2014, 16:18:45 | #234

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 05 February 2014 10:56) *
Wow, thanks for explaining it all and detailing the comic! I love to learn about lore like this. So actually Rushu didn't want to break his pact? So that would be an explaination why he wouldn't use this new portal to launch a new invasion.
I think Rushu decided to invade the world of 12, in that year, because two men (Karibd and Silar) broke the pact first.

But I don't know if the pact is just between Gods and Rushu... However the Krosmoz page says Rushu did broke it:

L’invasion des Shushus de Rushu Nous sommes maintenant en l’an 12. Deux jeunes aventuriers, Karibd et Silar, découvrent par hasard un livre de science Eliatrope. Ils expérimentent ses formules, bidouillent, traficotent, et finissent par créer un portail de téléportation. Où celui-ci mène-t-il ? Stupeur ! Dans la Shukrute : le plan démoniaque !

Rushu, le maître des lieux, les prend alors sous son aile (ou plutôt entre ses griffes). Par gentillesse ? Non, évidemment ! Disons plutôt qu’il a une idée derrière la tête : utiliser le portail des deux garçons pour envahir le Monde des Douze ! Et puis tant pis s’il rompt ainsi le pacte de non-invasion qu’il avait signé avec les dieux !

Aussitôt dit… presque aussitôt fait ! 12 ans plus tard, tout est fin prêt : Rushu est à la tête d’une armée de mille démons, les Shushus, sélectionnés avec soin pour leur méchanceté.
Mais rien ne se passe comme prévu ! L’invasion est finalement maîtrisée grâce à l’intervention d’un barbare pas comme les autres : Goultard, qui revêt pour l’occasion la personnalité folle furieuse du Dark Vlad.

Rushu saw the opportunity to invade the world, so he took it and go war.

posté February 10, 2014, 12:02:46 | #235

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 05 February 2014 16:18) *
I think Rushu decided to invade the world of 12, in that year, because two men (Karibd and Silar) broke the pact first.
]Rushu saw the opportunity to invade the world, so he took it and go war.

Seeing how he did it before, I don't see why he wouldn't do so now. Of course, maybe he is already preparing it as we write this.

It is ironical though that the first time, he took several years to prepare, while the second time he was ready in days.

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - February 11, 2014, 13:55:01.
Reason for edit : typo
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2014-01-25
posté February 15, 2014, 21:17:24 | #236
Sorry to diverge from the topic at hand, but I had a question about Ogrest- Has anyone tried going up there and cheering him up so he wouldn't cry anymore? From the sounds of his backstory he's suffering from a broken heart. As corny as it sounds, I wish there was an option to face him in battle but instead of fighting him we try to help him get over his pain.

Then we can ask him to swallow up all the water he created and return the world to normal.

posté February 15, 2014, 21:49:48 | #237

Quote (Heartbank @ 15 February 2014 21:17) *
Sorry to diverge from the topic at hand, but I had a question about Ogrest- Has anyone tried going up there and cheering him up so he wouldn't cry anymore? From the sounds of his backstory he's suffering from a broken heart. As corny as it sounds, I wish there was an option to face him in battle but instead of fighting him we try to help him get over his pain.

Then we can ask him to swallow up all the water he created and return the world to normal.
I have no clue who you are, but you understand the entire idea behind Ogrest than pretty much everyone who asked about him in this thread so far

Anyway, as far as we know, no one attempted that, really - no one apparently got close enough to Ogrest to talk to him, not even his Cult which is composed of madmen who want to see Ogrest as a "dark'n'edgy" destroyer of the world and probably never bothered with learning who he actually is.

I am not sure if anyone would be able to cheer him up (probably apart from Otomai considering Ogrest's attitude towards him; Otomai is most likely dead by now, though) buuut it's still an interesting possibility.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2014-01-25
posté February 15, 2014, 21:51:50 | #238

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 15 February 2014 21:49) *

I have no clue who you are, but you understand the entire idea behind Ogrest than pretty much everyone who asked about him in this thread so far

Oh...sorry. :x I'm just a fan of the lore for this game.

posté February 15, 2014, 21:54:53 | #239

Quote (Heartbank @ 15 February 2014 21:51) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 15 February 2014 21:49) *

Oh...sorry. :x I'm just a fan of the lore for this game.
This thread needs more people like you, please continue. We've been running out of material worth discussing and at least 3 pages are just people crying over a retcon, so someone who has an idea which goes well with canon and is worth discussing is definitely welcome. Sorry if you took that particular figure of speech from my post as an offense of sorts. :x

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté February 15, 2014, 23:15:56 | #240

I like the way you think, really. It makes me think of how I wish we could have a choice in which direction we take a quest instead of being forced into the role of a hero that only cares about defeating the villain for glory and fame.