Back to forum.wakfu.com

No flash

General lore thread
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté February 15, 2014, 23:27:07 | #241

Quote (Heartbank @ 15 February 2014 21:17) *
Sorry to diverge from the topic at hand, but I had a question about Ogrest- Has anyone tried going up there and cheering him up so he wouldn't cry anymore? From the sounds of his backstory he's suffering from a broken heart. As corny as it sounds, I wish there was an option to face him in battle but instead of fighting him we try to help him get over his pain.

Then we can ask him to swallow up all the water he created and return the world to normal.
before the astrub or incarnum revamp when we first started we had the option to actually go and fight ogrest... they removed it for whatever reason i thought it was neat.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2014-01-25
posté February 16, 2014, 00:10:47 | #242

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 15 February 2014 21:54) *

Quote (Heartbank @ 15 February 2014 21:51) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 15 February 2014 21:49) *

Quote (Heartbank @ 15 February 2014 21:17) *
Sorry to diverge from the topic at hand, but I had a question about Ogrest- Has anyone tried going up there and cheering him up so he wouldn't cry anymore? From the sounds of his backstory he's suffering from a broken heart. As corny as it sounds, I wish there was an option to face him in battle but instead of fighting him we try to help him get over his pain.

Then we can ask him to swallow up all the water he created and return the world to normal.
I have no clue who you are, but you understand the entire idea behind Ogrest than pretty much everyone who asked about him in this thread so far

Oh...sorry. :x I'm just a fan of the lore for this game.
This thread needs more people like you, please continue. We've been running out of material worth discussing and at least 3 pages are just people crying over a retcon, so someone who has an idea which goes well with canon and is worth discussing is definitely welcome. Sorry if you took that particular figure of speech from my post as an offense of sorts. :x
No offense taken, I just didn't want to sound weird for suggesting it. I know from a mechanic standpoint, if we were given the option to save the game world, there'd be no game left. I was just curious if lorewise if anyone's tried cheering the poor guy up. He doesn't seem evil, he's just incredibly powerful and equally as sad. I know if I spent my whole life collecting things for my girlfriend only for her to betray me to the point I had to kill her, I'd be pretty sad too.

I did have another question though- are the classes just classes or races? Could an Ecaflip decide they don't want to use luck and instead train as a Cra? Or are they forced to always use dice and cards and flea pits to fight? I figure for the more human characters like Iop and Sacrier they can choose whoever they want to worship, but does that mean I'll grow fuzzy black and white fur and have a horrible addiction to milk if I decide to be a Pandawa?

Happy Miliboowolf * Member Since 2013-06-28
posté February 16, 2014, 02:08:33 | #243

Quote (Heartbank @ 16 February 2014 00:10) *
I did have another question though- are the classes just classes or races? Could an Ecaflip decide they don't want to use luck and instead train as a Cra? Or are they forced to always use dice and cards and flea pits to fight? I figure for the more human characters like Iop and Sacrier they can choose whoever they want to worship, but does that mean I'll grow fuzzy black and white fur and have a horrible addiction to milk if I decide to be a Pandawa?
There's one basic race, all the classes are members of it. In most cases, you choose the god you want to follow (or an aspect of one of them, or masks, or nothing at all, although that's rare) during puberty, thus becoming a member of one of the classes. The more devoted you are to a god, the more alike to them you become - so for example an Ecaflip gets even more feline, while a Sacrier would get more tatoos. Foggernauts are a more complicated case, but their souls also belong to the "standard" race. The more "human" classes - Iops, Sacriers, Fecas etc. - look so, because the gods they worship also look more human than Ecaflip or Sram. The appearence of the god doesn't always reflect the appearence of the followers directly in all cases, for Enus and to some degree Fecas and Xelors it's more of an example to strive for which can't be achieved, as god Enutrof is an old, hunched dragon with a long beard, godess Feca has horns and god Xelor looks like an empty cloak with glowing eyes.

You can't change your class once you've chosen a god because of the nature of the appearence changes. You can abandon your god, but it won't affect your looks anymore if you're an adult.

posté February 16, 2014, 02:15:39 | #244
Huh, okay, that's pretty cool. Still, it must be odd for Ecaflips and Pandawas, having fur and a tail grow and their ears suddenly move to the top of their head....hell, that sounds kinda painful....talk about growing pains. D: Although this explains a few things. I just finished watching the Dofus cartoon (Not the Wakfu one, the prequel) and I kept wondering why the main character was literally half the size of his on-again, off-again girlfriend. If what you say is true, I think it's because Kerubi is a true Ecaflip, while Loulou is a human who became an Ouginak.

....Feca has horns? 0.o; Didn't know that....

Is there any explanation as to why the appearances of the classes change between the two games? Dofus Fecas seem more like shepards, while Wakfu Fecas are closer to badass libarians. Hell, Osamodases used to be normal people, now they're demons!

This post has been edited by Heartbank - February 16, 2014, 02:20:48.
posté February 16, 2014, 16:55:14 | #245
Actually, for now it seems that Ouginaks are a separate race which isn't connected to the 12 gods (although there was a lot of speculation regarding that one upon a time and some people believe that the "god Ouginak" mentioned in Ecalfip spells is an aspect of Ecaflip and we'll see playable Ouginaks one day) - but yes, you're right, Kerubim looks this way because he's a really devoted follower (probably second only to Ecaflip's own son, Ush).

There's no official explanation of the different appearence of most of the classes - although in same cases it's implied that both the Dofus and Wakfu versions coexist (the prime example are Srams: according to RyF, there are still skeletal Srams here and there in Wakfu, so probably the more pious the Sram, the more skeletal they look); the only big difference are Osas, Fecas (although it seems that there are still some Fecas who look like their Dofus conuterpart, for example the cm of some of the gobball arenas) and the "skeletal" wings of male Enis In the case of Foggers it's the effect of an inner turmoil because of which half of the population transfered their souls to mechanical bodies.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2011-11-28
posté February 17, 2014, 00:35:13 | #246
Is it maybe because the gods themselves play a different role now? Spread out over their followers instead of reigning up high?

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté February 17, 2014, 08:36:52 | #247
Ive always liked the whole "the more devoted you are the more different you'll look" approach as it was an assumption of mine from the start even before the stream.

I should check the stream again just to see if he ever gave an explanation of the dofus - wakfu differences lore wise. I know the game design reason behind it which makes a lot of sense but game design isn't exactly lore.

The reason I bring that up is the osamodas in general popped into my head since they are one of the examples of it taking a huge change. Xelors as well with their funny hats that looked pretty cute.

We did see dofus character designs in the wakfu cartoon as well but this is also a touchy subject as the big reason this was originally a thing was because the game wasn't even that far along when the cartoon was being created giving them nothing to really go by yet. I'm a huge fan of the "actual" reasons behind things like this so when it comes to hearing the lore explanation as well that bandaid solves it I find myself attracted to those kinds of scenarios.

Ryfs sram thing though wraps that up nicely however.

wakfu has changed so much since its creation and its so interesting to see how they explain these changes with cute little bows. It just makes me wanna sit down with Ryf and ask him so much.

posté February 17, 2014, 08:41:44 | #248
Agreed. From a writer's standpoint, it's fun to pick the minds of other people and see what their imagination is capable of. I wish I was even half as creative as the creators.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-11-06
posté February 18, 2014, 07:46:48 | #249
Once I was asked about the big sword and big skeleton with horns layed near to Ogrest's seat in Mount Zinit, in oldtimes when you got the chance to taste his punch xD
What do you think about these two items?
A video here.

Also, I was reading a spanish post about Ogrest and there was a screenshot about Ogrest and Dathura's tale told in Incarnam, in the past it said Ogrest pushed her and this way she fell from the Mount, but now the tale says that nobody knows how she fell from the Mount xD

posté February 19, 2014, 16:13:41 | #250

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 18 February 2014 07:46) *
Once I was asked about the big sword and big skeleton with horns layed near to Ogrest's seat in Mount Zinit, in oldtimes when you got the chance to taste his punch xD
What do you think about these two items?
A video here.

Also, I was reading a spanish post about Ogrest and there was a screenshot about Ogrest and Dathura's tale told in Incarnam, in the past it said Ogrest pushed her and this way she fell from the Mount, but now the tale says that nobody knows how she fell from the Mount xD

I assume some leftovers of the gods' quarrel with the ogre?

Spoiler: (highlight to show)
With Goultard becoming the new Iop god, one could assume it is Iop himself who lays there. I haven't read about any gifts he left for the survivors of the flood, like Enutrof did.

posté February 19, 2014, 18:00:02 | #251

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 19 February 2014 16:13) *

With Goultard becoming the new Iop god, one could assume it is Iop himself who lays there. I haven't read about any gifts he left for the survivors of the flood, like Enutrof did.
Unlikely. Iop was already pretty much powerless after Cornu Mollu was unleahed for the first time a few centuries after the flood, as far as we know.

posté February 20, 2014, 02:34:24 | #252

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 19 February 2014 18:00) *

Unlikely. Iop was already pretty much powerless after Cornu Mollu was unleahed for the first time a few centuries after the flood, as far as we know.
Wow, fascinating read. I never heard of Cornu Mollu, the evil god, before. But I'm not sure about one thing: is he the same as the Masqueraider god or he/she someone else?

posté February 20, 2014, 06:39:54 | #253

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 20 February 2014 02:34) *

Wow, fascinating read. I never heard of Cornu Mollu, the evil god, before. But I'm not sure about one thing: is he the same as the Masqueraider god or he/she someone else?
There isnt a "masqueraider god" in the same sense as the god cra and iop. They don't follow a god much like rogues. Where a cra gets their abilities from it a masqueraider gets the abilities from the masks.

Which is why if I slapped a classic mask on your xelor in game he'd TECHNICALLY be a masqueraider while still being a xelor if you catch my drift.

This post has been edited by MiniMikeh - February 20, 2014, 06:40:42.
posté February 20, 2014, 08:55:04 | #254

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 20 February 2014 06:39) *

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 20 February 2014 02:34) *

There isnt a "masqueraider god" in the same sense as the god cra and iop. They don't follow a god much like rogues. Where a cra gets their abilities from it a masqueraider gets the abilities from the masks.

Which is why if I slapped a classic mask on your xelor in game he'd TECHNICALLY be a masqueraider while still being a xelor if you catch my drift.

I think i get it, but just to be sure we're talking about the same thing:

This is the statue in Dofus that personifies the Masqueraider 'god'. But he looks different from every depiction of Cornu Mollu

posté February 20, 2014, 15:25:21 | #255
Actually the guy above is wrong, Rogues do follow a specific god (an aspect of Sram, as you probbaly know) and at least some of them are really religious, as the Remington comics prove... Masqs don't trust gods. They believe in the power of the masks instead - the Dofus statue is supposed to be a personification of one of the masks, not a god in the direct meaning.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-11-06
posté February 20, 2014, 17:40:20 | #256

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 20 February 2014 15:25) *
They believe in the power of the masks instead - the Dofus statue is supposed to be a personification of one of the masks, not a god in the direct meaning.
That's Razad, he's human from Dofus Manga. Appears in Maskemane comics and an ingame dofus book too.
I don't remember if that topic was already told in this thread, but may be these posts help you with Masqueraiders and Cornu Mollu stories. (1, 2, 3)

What Caligari told about Rogues is true, I have no screenshots by now about the Rogues Temple book, may be later

Edit:

Statue:

This post has been edited by NELSON-MAGNO - February 20, 2014, 20:32:10.
Reason for edit : pics
posté February 20, 2014, 18:16:32 | #257

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 20 February 2014 17:40) *

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 20 February 2014 15:25) *
They believe in the power of the masks instead - the Dofus statue is supposed to be a personification of one of the masks, not a god in the direct meaning.
That's Razad, he's human from Dofus Manga. Appears in Maskemane comics and an ingame dofus book too.
I don't remember if that topic was already told in this thread, but may be these posts help you with Masqueraiders and Cornu Mollu stories. (1, 2, 3)

What Caligari told about Rogues is true, I have no screenshots by now about the Rogues Temple book, may be later
Very interesting! I wonder what powers the other 6 masks have. I would also be interested a relic Masq amulet. Would like info on rougues too.

-Rizarealm

posté February 22, 2014, 20:51:35 | #258
Isn't the dofus statue just the doll that was turned into the masks? That was my assumption at least. Would love if you could help me out on that nelson since you'v been my go to on dofus stuff in the past  

posté February 22, 2014, 21:48:29 | #259
Ok, now I'm confused: Cornu Mollu and the immortal doll from Sadida are two different entities? So Saddia spawned at least two 'monsters'? Some god...

posté February 22, 2014, 22:03:13 | #260

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 22 February 2014 21:48) *
Ok, now I'm confused: Cornu Mollu and the immortal doll from Sadida are two different entities? So Saddia spawned at least two 'monsters'? Some god...
Sadida created a set of dolls, who are an extension of him. God Iop did bad things to one of the dolls and Cornu Mollu came into existence and almost killed Iop. Other gods decided that offsprings of two gods should never be born again after that.